The game was successfully funded on Kickstarter, where it managed to raise 1.6 million dollars in funding, far more than its $70,000 goal.
The game is set to release in Early Access in late 2021, with the 1.0 release planned to come in late 2022. While it will be initially coming out for PC, the developers plan to port it to the Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and Playstation as well.
This game provides examples of:
- An Interior Decorator Is You: The player is able to purchase various decorative items for their house, and arrange them however they like.
- Cool Pet: The player chooses a pet at the beginning of the game. On top of more mundane options like a cat or rabbit, the player can choose to have a pet monkey or fox.
- Everyone Is Bi: All 22 romance options in the game can be pursued regardless of the player character's gender.
- Interspecies Romance: It has been confirmed that two of the characters the player will be able to romance will be merfolk.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: They're fairly standard in terms of appearance, being attractive humans from the waist-up and scaled fish from the waist-down. They're said to work with the Giants and the Goddess of Flowers to keep the balance of the island.
- Seldom-Seen Species: One of the animals that can live in your barn is the luwak, also known as the Asian palm civet.