Cube Colossus is an online Flash game by Lucidrine.
Rua Elzee and Cedric Ashcroft, pilots of A.M.U. unit 01, are exploring a enormous cube-shaped building, floating in space, which send out smaller, cube-shaped robots to remove them.
But they're at the Cube to find out what happened to Rua's sister, Millie, and their other comrades.
This game provides examples of:
- Bare Your Midriff: Millie, when she appears, has her midriff bared in her outfit.
- Cap: Weapon Proficiency Levels and Shield, Energy, and Attack levels are all capped at 99.
- Collision Damage: Flying into enemies or enemies bouncing into you will reduce your shields.
- Cool Down: If you run out of weapon Energy, you have to wait for it to recharge enough to use it again, and the character speech that happens when you run out of Energy indicates that the weapon needs to cool down to prevent overheating.
- Defeat Means Playable: You get to use AMU-03 and AMU-Loki after you defeat them.
- Flavor Text: The Armaments' Descriptions, although, most are basically just functional information, there's some like:
- DZ-X: "Deciever":Cube's Technology
Produces no heat.
- MSM-X: "Fafnir": Strongest of all missiles
- DZ-X: "Deciever":
- Fragile Speedster: A.M.U-03 Valkyrie, which has Low Shield, High Speed, but Medium Attack.
- Glass Cannon: Loki, when you use it. It has the lowest shields out of any A.M.U, half as much as Valkyrie and Azrael. but the highest attack multiplier at 3x.
- Gradual Regeneration: A.M.U-02's Overdrive regenerates shields.
- Hit Points: Damage to Shields is measured in numbers, and the current value of Shields is shown in battle, above the Life Meter that is the Shields Meter.
- Homing Projectile: Missiles home into the enemy's position.
- Invincibility Power-Up: Odin and
- Odin's Overdrive gives it invincibility for a short time.
- Life Meter: The Shield is your health, it's depicted with a red bar.
- Mana Meter: Two types. The Energy meter is for your weapon, and there's another one for Overdrives.
- Master of All: Odin has best or equal stats to the other three previous A.M.Us. It has a 1.5 attack multiplier, better than Azarel's 1.2, ties for the highest shields with Heimdall, and has an Overdrive that makes it invincible for a duration, and enhancing the range and number of its attacks.
- Nanomachines: A.M.U-02: "Equipped by mechanical nanobots that is able to fix themselves, allowing the A.M.U to regenerate the shield."
- Odd Name Out: A.M.U-01 Azrael, for the Biblical Angel of Death, instead of something out of Norse Mythology like the other A.M.Us.
- Redemption Demotion: When you fight Loki, it has 999999 Shield, but when you use it, it has the lowest Shield of any A.M.U, even at Shield Level 99, being half of the Azarel, which is the starting ship.
- Regenerating Mana: The Energy meter which drains as you use it and regenerates when you stop using it, and the Overdrive meter which fills up over time.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Norse Mythology for most of the A.M.Us. 02: Heimdall, 03: Valkyrie, X: Odin, Y: Loki.
- Roboteching: If there are missiles on the field when enemies appear, the missiles will turn to hit them, even if it means turning 180 degrees.
- Stone Wall: A.M.U-02: "High Shield, Slow Move, Weak Attack."
- Time Stands Still: A.M.U-03: "This AMU is capable to manipulate time, slowing almost everything in the range".