Needs Wiki Magic Love (aka add more stuff)
For characters who appear in Half Life VR but the AI is Self-Aware, see the character page there.
The RTVS Crew
The leader of the bunch.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Wayne has ADHD, as clips like this make clear.
- Audience Participation:
- Wayne played 66 Down, a now-defunct game aimed at Twitch streamers where chat is given a prompt and the streamer judges the responses, ultimately sacrificing 66% of the participants.
- During Wayne's BSOD Battleships stream, viewers could donate to attack coordinates on a Battleship board. If Wayne lost, his computer would have bluescreened.
- Wayne played Fall Guys with Crowd Control, which allowed viewers to use bits to cause obstacles such as inverting his controls, making his character move in specific ways, or covering the screen with yogurt.
- Author Appeal: Gorillas/chimps/primates of any kind are a notable recurring theme in Wayne's streams. His mascot, the GameChimp, is a prime(ate) example.
- Butt-Monkey: Wayne is a favorite target of mockery, from friends and chat alike.
- Cool Pet: Both Wayne's beloved sun conure, Jazz, and his lovable dog, Angel.
- Identical Grandson: Wayne's ancient caveman ancestor, Gub Gar, looks suspiciously familiar.
- Lethal Chef: Even ignoring what he was making, Wayne's skills in the kitchen certainly left something to be desired.Baaulp: "No offense, dude, but I think you should like, watch a video on how to cut with a knife."
- Named After Somebody Famous: A lot of new viewers are surprised to learn Wayne isn't his real name, but instead came from when his Steam alias was Wayne Brady.
- No Indoor Voice: He's acknowledged how loud his voice can be, especially when passionate.
- Also applies in-game when playing Phasmophobia with Gir and Scorpy, where his audio in the lobby was so loud that they had to stay away from him.
- Offing the Offspring: Wayne has either personally killed, or been directly responsible for the death of, both of his sons. Multiple times.
- Person as Verb: Any time Wayne messes up, chat will declare that he "Wayned it."
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: The worst of the bunch, and he knows it.
- Unknown Rival: With Markiplier. In one installment of Markiplier's "Try Not to Laugh" videos, he watched an edited clip of one of Wayne's Fallout 4 VR VODs. To Wayne's dismay, he neither gave credit for the video nor laughed at it. This sparked a half-serious enmity with Mark which lasts to this day.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Wayne with many of his friends, but Gir and Mira especially.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: An incredibly unwanted example occurs when he is returned to the physical realm by Domer, shirtless and covered in sweat and/or oil.note
The local cryptid note .
- Animal Motifs: Scorpy is associated with scorpions, due to his name, and snails, because his name started as "Scorpy the Wondersnail."
- Audience Participation:
- During his first Best Buy escape stream, he interpreted donation messages read by a TTS voice as messages playing over the store's intercom. The second Best Buy stream took this a step further by removing onscreen notifications and using a filter on the TTS to imitate a store's PA.
- He played Baby Run, a game where subscriptions spawned lights and donations spawned babies that followed Scorpy around. It found a spiritual successor in the Channel 17 Production Desk, a pre-stream show where subscriptions spawned babies, bit donations spawned "Lunchables hearts," and other donations produced a variety of effects. In both, a glass ball would drop if a chat member shattered one with channel points.
- Bad Liar: When Scorpy is an Impostor in Among Us, he does best when he speaks as little as possible.
- Bilingual Bonus: Scorpy's French-Canadian, which comes up occasionally, especially with his fellow Canuck, Holly.
- Canada, Eh?: Scorpy is Canadian and has been known to end his sentences with "eh?" Once, he even apologized for it after chat pointed it out.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Scorpy is one of the wackiest crew members, to say the least.
Wayne: "Scorpy, your gibberish, it's cherished, we love it, but I don't know what that is. I don't know what 'had on Momoa Gears of War' is."
- Exemplified by his Quiplash answers.
- During her appearance on Perfectly Generic Podcast, Holly recounts that the night before the finale of HLVRAI, she told Scorpy about how she was extremely anxious about performing well. When he told her to not worry about it and just think about Heavenly Sword for the Playstation, Holly was so baffled that it knocked out all her anxiety.
- Deadpan Snarker: As his turn as Benrey shows, Scorpy has a gift for delivering bizarre lines in complete seriousness.
- Friend to All Children: He said on his Tumblr that he loves babies, and his Twitch profile picture used to be of a baby. He is also drawn as/represented by that baby on occasion.
- Friend to All Living Things: He once stopped during an Animal Crossing stream to let a spider out of his house, and he has also mentioned feeding a fly milk from a spoon in the past. On his Instagram story, he shared a video of himself coaxing a fly onto his finger.
- Hell Is That Noise: Whenever Scorpy says "We're in a loop!", absolute cacophony is sure to follow.
- The Quiet One: Other members of the team have said that until recently, Scorpy rarely talked outside of text.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Discussed in the podcast, where Wayne recalls how their first impression of Scorpy was him inexplicably becoming an admin on their TF2 server, only to use his power to put mocking hats on people and spawn pumpkins.Wayne: "He was a FUCKING DICK... now he's one of the nicest people I know."
- Retraux: A typical aesthetic of all of Scorpy's projects.
- Sensory Abuse:
- Scorpy is very prone to this, to the point that his old low-quality microphone has its own Twitch emote.
- Stylistic Suck: Overlapping with Retraux, another aesthetic of Scorpy's projects.
- "btw the whites of an egg is yummy & the yolk is too"
Violent, but in a way that warms you to your soul.
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble: She has a habit of doing this.
- Animal Motifs: Holly is associated with birds, with her mascot Bibi. She is also associated with lions on occasion.
- Bilingual Bonus: Holly is French-Canadian, much to Wayne's horror. This comes up sometimes with her fellow Canuck Scorpy.
- Canada, Eh?: Though she's much more of a rascal than Scorpy.
- Cool Pet: Holly's beloved cat, Lola. She has her own emote on Holly's channel.
- Laugh Themselves Sick: Holly has mentioned laughing so hard she has to grab her inhaler.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Holly can do an impressive range of voices. Her voices crop up most often as original characters, like Southern-fried Texas Ranger Mama Bear and the gruff warrior the Wretch from her playthrough of Dark Souls.
- To Hell and Back: Holly visited Hell to search for Wayne when he went missing after the Simpsons VR disaster. He wasn't there, and Holly said it was suspiciously empty, almost as if someone summoned all the demons away (see the Running Gag section on the main page.)
- "Now what are you exposing me to?"
Your grumpy neighborhood robot.
- Audience Participation: Gir played Clustertruck with Twitch integration, which allowed chat to vote on obstacles such as making the trucks thinner or wider, making them bouncy, or adding lasers to them.
- Author Appeal: He loves to fish. Not fishing games, though. Only real fishing.
- Ax-Crazy: Gir acted like this during Scorpy's second Animal Crossing stream, mainly by literally chasing Scorpy around with an axe. Scorpy narrowly avoided getting an axe to the back of the head.
- Bizarre Human Biology: Gir apparently has abnormally long lungs.
- Cool Pet: Gir's beloved pineapple green-cheeked conure, Tori. She's so cool, in fact, that chat often jokingly wishes she was streaming instead of Gir. She also has her own emote on his channel.
- Deadpan Snarker: Gir has his moments.
- Hell Is That Noise: On the rare occasions that he turns on media shares, Gir tends to get some truly bizarre "music."
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Gir is an amateur voice actor, and he has an impressive range of impressions to call upon. From Scout, to Morshu from the Zelda CDI games, to his Half-Life scientist impression, Gir is a man of many talents.
- Military Brat: Gir's dad was in the military, and he spent his childhood moving from place to place.
- Nature Lover: Loves the outdoors as much as he loves fishing. His dream house would be an isolated cabin by a lake.
- The Nondescript: Describes himself as having an everyman's face and an everyman's voice. Chat describes it as White Man Syndrome.
- Only Sane Man: Next to Log, Gir tends to take this role most often.
- Punny Name: Gir's Discord server is named the "MasterGirver", or just the "Girver" for short.
- Shout-Out: Yes, he's named after that Gir.
- Team Dad: He's been called "the dad friend" by chat, and he admits that he has a natural tendency to try and round everyone up and keep things together.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Gir loves ramen. If he's eating food on stream, there's a good chance it's ramen. He even has a ramen emote!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Gir to Wayne. You could also make a good case for Gir being this with his own chat.
- "DID YOU JUST CALL CHUCK E. CHEESE A RESTAURANT?!"
Your friendly neighborhood imp.
- Audience Participation:
- Mira played 66 Down, a now-defunct game aimed at Twitch streamers where chat is given a prompt and the streamer judges the responses, ultimately sacrificing 66% of the participants.
- During one of her streams viewers began casting "spells" on her that affected her onscreen avatar. This included changing her size, flipping her upside down, and even turning her into a gnome child.
- Ax-Crazy: Mira is this as an Impostor in Among Us, sometimes leading her to make very obvious and blatant kills in front of the others just for the sake of it. Her self-proclaimed strategy is simple: as soon as she can kill, she will kill.
- Cool Pet: Mira's beloved cats Pikkumusta and Tyttö, who both have emotes on her channel.
- Military Brat: At least one of Mira's parents worked for or in the military.
- The Night Owl: Since she lives in Finland, any streams she does with other members of RTVS are in the dead of night for her.
- Shout-Out: Miras imp persona, named Mimi, bears some resemblance to Hatsune Miku (her original mascot prior to Mimi's creation.)
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Mira to Wayne.
- "So... what did you guys have for dinner?"
A celebrated meal enthusiast.
- A God Am I: Averted. Despite having free reign over recreations of his friends (or at least the sitcom version of his friends) in The Sims, he mostly lets them do whatever they want and enjoys seeing them perform mundane tasks.
- Angrish: The sounds Baaulp makes when he's panicking have been compared to a turkey or "Courage trying to tell Muriel about the monsters." Exhibit A: this clip.
- Big Eater: Baaulp is this, by his own admission. In addition to apparently having abnormally strong teeth, he once ate 40 chicken wings by himself.
- Failed a Spot Check: Baaulp can be very oblivious, often failing to notice big things right in front of or around him. The most infamous incident of this is probably the moment during the first Among Us stream where Baaulp walked into a room containing Wayne's dead body... and failed to notice it entirely.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Typically drawn wearing these in fanart.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Baaulp's British accent is something to behold.
The team artist, and possessor of a thousand other gifts.
- Animal Motifs: Log is sometimes depicted as his profile picture, a banjo-playing mouse. However, he's said that he prefers not to be represented by this mouse, since he just thinks it's cute.
- Deadpan Snarker: Log can be utterly devastating given the chance.
- Flat Joy: Log very rarely emotes above his normal pseudo-monotone voice, even when he's laughing or gushing about something he finds interest in.
- Nice Guy: Described by his friends as exceptionally pleasant and a "Southern hospitality-type dude".
- Only Sane Man: Generally the calmest and least shenanigans-prone of the streaming crew, meaning he often falls into this role by default.
- The Stoic: Easily the least emotive of the crew. Best exemplified during their games of Among Us, where Log's permanent deadpan and calm demeanor makes it really difficult for the others to guess when he's the impostor.
- Web Comics: Log is the author and illustrator of two webcomics, Gather Ye Power and the more shonen-inspired Headhunter's Iliad.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Averted in the traditional sense, as Trog is generally a very focused drummer who prefers technical genres like Math Rock or Progressive Rock. Though this trope is played with slightly when you consider Trog is generally depicted as a dog in fan art and has a Fursona, probably making him a more literal example of this trope.
- Animal Motifs: Trog is either depicted as a Chihuahua wearing a cowboy hat, or his fursona Plink, a cowboy-hat-wearing dog with pink hair.
- Author Appeal: Very rarely does he do a Clone Hero stream without playing at least one song by Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Rush, and/or Haken.
- Butt-Monkey: Trog is this during any AI Dungeon 2 stream where he is actually playing a character, as his characters have a startling tendency to die very early on compared to everyone else's.
- Captain Obvious: Played for Laughs during Wayne's fake AGDQ run of Super Mario 64.Trog: "Mario is Italian... He has blue overalls."
- Happily Married: To his lovely husband Trevor.
- Laugh Themselves Sick: Trog apparently once passed out from laughter during a call.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: Trog is a major offender.
- Only Sane Man: If Gir and Log aren't around, he'll usually take the role as the most grounded member of the RTVS crew.
- Shout-Out: Trog is named after Trogdor from Homestar Runner.
[This space intentionally left blank.]
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: His streams are easily the most bizarre out of the entire crew, and what is known of his personality suggests the same is true of the man himself.
- Hostile Show Takeover: After Scorpy's Gameclam stream, Moupi "hacked" his account in order to promote his own console, the Ouyster.
- Mind Screw: Good luck understanding anything that happens during a Moupi stream. Even when he seems to be attempting some form of a narrative, don't expect it to make any amount of sense.
- Sensory Abuse: Literally every single stream Moupi does.
- Shout-Out: Moupi is represented by Billy the Puppet from Saw I.
- The Spook: The amount of concrete facts known about Moupi can be counted on one hand, and even that may be stretching it. The facts are: he is French and he has an awful computer. Taken Up to Eleven with the revelation that the other members of Radio TV Solutions know just about as much about Moupi as the audience does, aka next-to-nothing. The only thing we know for certain is that he is probably real. Probably.
- Stylistic Suck: Moupi's streams are totally incomprehensible. If something can be done to decrease the audio/video quality, it will be done. One could make a very good argument that they count as Dada.
- Author Appeal: Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul come up frequently on her streams as do various famous actors, or "celebrity manwhores" as she's said to call them.
- Deadpan Snarker: As is typical of the RTVS crew.
- Shout-Out: Lauren is occasionally represented as the Pokémon Bewear. She also has a Dunkaccino stream alert and emote.
Other Members/Friends of the Stream
- Happily Married: To his lovely husband Trog.
Wayne's beloved conure who enjoys dancing and hiding in his shirt.
- Jealous Pet: Jazz absolutely hates any and every woman that Wayne has ever brought over to his house.Wayne: "Jazz is gay and he hates women. I'm not making that up for the joke, it's literally just the truth."
Played by: WayneWayne's horny brother. His actions directly lead to the Amazon Dark Incident, including the Unwilling Roboticization of Wayne, and the creation of Joshua.
Wayne's eldest son, tragically taken from us.
- Back from the Dead: Because of the community's wishes, he's come back, though he's stuck in Wayne's attic.
Wayne's baby boy. Created by Trog from Wayne's seed and leftover code, he lives to torment his Daddy Way Way.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: He... doesn't quite work right.
- Robot Kid: Whatever Joshie is, he's definitely not human.
- Sensory Abuse: Joshua was capable of producing a loud foghorn sound.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cashews.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Obsessed with sex, doing drugs, going to church, and saying slurs.
- They Killed Kenny Again: He's died and come back multiple times, once by Wayne, and once by Moupi.
- And once again, during Wayne's 24 hour Minecraft VR stream, when a chat-spawned mob pushes Wayne into another chat-spawned mob named after Joshy, hitting him with his sword.
Yet another of Wayne's sons. An elf, created from Wayne's seed after all the Christmas elves died of fog machine-based complications. Debuted, and was subsequently killed in the 2020 Faxmas stream.
Wayne's ancient ancestor from caveman times.
The dread demon who haunts Scorpy's streams.
- Demonic Possession: He can seemingly do this to Scorpy. While playing a Jonas Brothers game on the DS, Scorpy became eerily silent and entered his name as "evil." BT briefly appeared on screen as he snapped back to normal.
- The Dreaded: Scorpy and chat tend to react in fear whenever he is mentioned or threatened.
Something that takes the form of Homer Simpson.
A vaguely British child who appeared on Scorpy's Mou-esque Games stream.
- Ambiguously Related: Joey is directly stated not to be Moupi while at the same time being stated to be related to him in some way. In fact, Moupi has used his TTS voice during his streams.
- Whale Egg: Joey is presumably at least somewhat human, given that he said he looked like a statue of the Buddha, but he also said he was "born of an egg." Make of this what you will.