open/close all folders
A self-proclaimed pimp
who is the main character of the strip.
- All Men Are Perverts
- Badass Longcoat: His Super-Powered Evil Side.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Monique.
- Bewildering Punishment: The mirror monster gets him this once.
- Big "NEVER!": Screams this twice to the Illuminati drone who demands "Please hand in your testicles." It was really Green Devil Girl and Monique pranking him through the drone.
- Butt Monkey
- Casanova Wannabe: The status, as Monique noted, is self-sustaining.
- Celibate Hero: He hid his heart to avoid Cupid's arrows, denying him love.
- Character Development: His experiences and Buddha continue to make him a better person.
- While he seemed to stagnate, some of that seems to do with his heart being frozen and locked away. His attempt to write a sexy screenplay that was still friendly to feminists resulted in him remembering to fix it.
- Cool Shades
- Crush Blush: A fembot's total devotion mode can produce this.
- Dark World: Where the mirror monster lives.
- Demonic Possession: Possibly.
- Freudian Couch: In a sudden swerve when he sees his Evil Side's mirror world, he is seen on one, confessing he did not recognize himself.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Played for humor in this comic.
- The Hero: Well, as much of one as you can be in this comic.
- Heart Trauma: Starting since his heart got emptied of its empathy, and now it's worse thanks to his Super Powered Evil Side.
- Hopeless Suitor: It's not clear whether
- Jerkass: Early on.
- Love Hurts
- Men Can't Keep House: Lives in a pigsty.
- The Mirror Shows Your True Self: Or, at least, that you've been affected.
- Mirror Monster: An independent reflection, since the green succubus BZOMF'ed him.
- Multicolored Hair: Blonde and black.
- Older Than He Looks: He is occasionally mistaken for a child. He is more than 35, since he's run for president three times. Though considering it that this is Sinfest, that might be due to Rule of Funny. Judging bu his attitude and nature, he seems to be in his mid-20's.
- Out of Focus: Lampshaded in 1/3/2012.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- The Slacker
- Something Else Also Rises: His tie.
- Strawman: Post Sisterhood, his characterization has devolved into a caricature of the negative aspects of men. Though he seems to be recovering and trying to change when he's not too frustrated.
- Sunglasses at Night
- Super-Powered Evil Side: What's going on here?
- Took a Level in Kindness: As time passes, he seems to become less of a jerk as part of his Character Development.
- He now seems to be trying to understand feminism, but it's going rather slowly. Some strips hint this is because he locked away his heart.
- White Knighting: "Someone more misogynistic than me! Chance to look good!"
- He's disappointing when this stops earning him cookies and many glitter points. but even the half point he earned was enough to keep Kcils trapped in his own world and not able to affect Slick for the night.
A hippie feminist girl who is the main target of Slick's attentions.
CriminyNerdy bookworm who reads a lot under a tree.
- Badass Bookworm: Criminy. He breaks into Hell, and later tames a demonic, flying pitchfork and rides it out through the ceiling and perceives a toothed flame-breathing demonic book as an "interesting challenge".
- Beware the Nice Ones: The end of the Bad Behavior series is the first time he's ever been pissed off in over 10 years.
- Brown Eyes: According to Fuchsia, fitting his down-to-earth, shy nature. She just loves them.
- Character Development: Hollywood Nerd becoming a Badass Bookworm.
- Chaste Hero
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Bookworm: Criminy likes to hide from the world in his book fort.
- Day Hurts Dark-Adjusted Eyes: The first time he stepped away from his book fort.
- Determinator: See Took a Level in Badass.
- Fluffy Tamer: Tomey, a demonic book, Forky and Fuchsia.
- Grew a Spine
- Hollywood Nerd
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: The Devil calls him "a towering pillar of moral courage", though was very unassuming at the time.
- Innocent Innuendo: He's probably Sinfest's only example.
- Innocently Insensitive: He accidentally broke a girl's heart. He simply has no concept of the idea of a woman who's into him.
- Interspecies Romance: With Fuchsia.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Although the implications aren't discussed, it's mentioned that succubi have eternal youth.
- Morality Pet: To Fuchsia in the earlier stages of her development.
- Mr. Fanservice: To Fuchsia, here.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Though for how long remains to be seen...
- The Paragon: To Fuchsia.
- Not So Different: With his gastropod buddy (he tried many times before he got out of this).
- Only Sane Man: Along with Jesus and Buddha.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Is temporarily turned into the cutest frog ever.
- Shrinking Violet: Prior to development.
- The Smart Guy
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Compared to Fuchsia, and Fuchsia is pretty petite.
- Token Good Teammate: For the main four, pre-Character Development.
- Took a Level in Badass: He dug his way into Hell itself for Fuchsia, and grew a spine towards Seymour.
- He has been shown capable of his own against a sentient demonic pitchfork with just a shovel.
- He then flies out of Hell while being pursued by a Succubus (relax Fuchsia got zapped, but it did not take) mounted on the SAME pitchfork. He scares the shit out of Lil'Evil and buzzes past God. If that's not bad-ass, then nothing is.
- Understanding Boyfriend: To Fuchsia.
- You Are Worth Hell: See Took a Level in Badass.
SquigleyA weed smoking stoner pig.
Slick's best friend.
- Acrofatic: He can do Le Parkour.
- Addiction Powered: When he's stoned enough he can fly using whatever he happens to be sitting on, usually his couch but at least once, his toilet. He's recently developed the power of "fading" which, like his flying in the early dayshe doesn't have complete control of. .
- All Men Are Perverts
- Big Eater
- The Big Guy
- Character Development: He's gotten musical talent and was a hobo for a while. Beginning about here and he's apparently lost some weight. Most of the main page shout outs are from him traveling.
- Crossdresser: Ran for president as Sarah Piglin. Has also crossdressed as a backup singer to either Slick or Monique.
- Compressed Abstinence: In Begin Countdown.
- Contagious Laughter: He landed in Hell once while on drugs, and laughed so merrily that the damned were joining in. (Satan kicked him. He laughed his head off.)
- Cowardly Lion: For a sinner and hedonist, Squigley is surprisingly good at defying Satan and throwing wrenches into his plans.
- Everything's Messier with Pigs: Subverted.
- Funny Animal
- The Hedonist: Indulges in drugs, alcohol, junk food and sex... or, well, he would've if he could get any, but he has to settle for porn.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Slick.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Here. Counts as a Pet the Dog and Heartwarming Moment.
- Le Parkour: Surprisingly.
- Men Can't Keep House: Lives in a pigsty. (A metaphorical pigsty.)
- Mushroom Samba
- N-Word Privileges: Only pigs are allowed to say "pigga."
- Perception Filter: Has recently learned how to "fade" although he lacks control just as he did with his flying when it first showed up.
- Pig Man
- The Plague: During the Swine Flu scare, people thought he was a carrier. Up to the point where people screamed and fled in terror (with one person screaming "Nobody have sex with him. EVER!")
- Real Men Hate Affection: A horror-struck realization when he revealed emotional vulnerability.
- Selective Obliviousness: About misogyny and feminism. He turns it up even more when any of the Feminists point out how wrong he is. Sometimes the words of the black feminist girl reach him but he chooses not to listen to his own conscience.
- Serious Business: He pulls off several Parkour moves to get to a burrito place right before closing. He also pawns his entire porn stash (it hit the ceiling, not counting the stuff on his PC) for some kind of deluxe taco shop special.
- Seven Deadly Sins: He's gluttony: Big Eater, stoner, drinker, avid consumer of porn... Although he now and then gets sick and tired of his lifestyle and starts dieting, exercising, dropping the intoxicants, and throwing his porn away. For a while.
- Sky Surfing: He can actually fly when using drugs and can carry other people with him.
- The Slacker
- Strawman: Used as such depicting "Sex Positive Feminism" as something that doesn't exist and is just misogyny in disguise. Ironic in a Critical Research Failure way considering that the term "Sex Positive" was invented by women.
- Straw Misogynist: More specifically, a straw 3rd wave feminist, which is portrayed as a thinly veiled excuse for disgusting misogynistic behavior. Charitably, one can claim that it's less the philosophy under fire and more the people who only have a superficial understanding of it, like Squig.
- The Stoner: ... To the point of using pot to allow his sofa to fly (even into, and then back out of Hell). He later tokes up on the toilet. This leads to said toilet blasting its way through the roof and eventually landing in the tree Fuchsia and Criminy hang out at. Needless to say, they pull him down, but not before the flight of the toilet ends up on Twitter and a ton of other social networking sites.
- Token Evil Teammate: Even after Character Development, he's still the most amoral of the protagonists.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: While stoned, once dropped to Hell but was kicked out. Even his snoring is too bad for Hell.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He's a big fan of tacos and burritos. See Le Parkour and Serious Business.
- Walking the Earth: As a hobo with a magic banjo. He's home now.
- Yuri Fan
GodNeeds no further explanation.
The DevilNeeds no explanation
- Allergic to Love: "Yech! Ick!" This includes angel-glitter and (of course) "father-son thing".
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Bad
- Big "OMG!": Apparently Satan likes My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Big Red Devil: Not a classical example but his color motif is red.
- Black Magic: Bomf.
- Came Back Wrong: When the young Satan finds the young Baby Blue trying unsuccessfully to bring a dove Back from the Dead, he brings it back as a devilish creature.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Chew Toy: To God. Also frequently has a back-and-forth of this with Jesus.
- The Comically Serious: "You could say that."
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Is often depicted as such.
- Deal with the Devil: Weapon of choice in his schemes.
- The Devil Is a Loser: "What are you implying?!"
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: His son, Lil' E and his son's mother, whose disappearance he still seems to be sad over.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Provides the page image if nothing else.
- Evil Is Petty: He has his moments
- Foreshadowing: Take a look at this strip, and the next few after it. Compare with what you know now.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He was smoking since he was a youngster.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: To Seymour in Bomf 4.
- Lack of Empathy: Understandable since he IS the Devil after all. Not that this still isn't quite sad.
- A Lady on Each Arm: Well, a succubus; YMMV as to whether they are ladies. Less as the succubi became developed characters.
- Lonely at the Top
- Luke, I Am Your Father: To Little E.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Sure, it's fun seeing Satan as a subtle, mundane, glamorous and occasionally pathetic exec. Then Tat reminds us that Satan is NOT funny.
- Oedipus Complex: Towards God, obviously.
- Pet the Dog: Occasionally. See Baby Blue. Stole apples from Paradise to give to Little E's mother in his youth, even though it cost a wing.
- Real Men Wear Pink/Villains Out Shopping: He likes My Little Pony. Really. No, seriously.
- Right-Hand Cat: Played with. He's stroking a My Little Pony plushie.
- Squee: Please refer to Big "OMG!".
- Stock Phrases: Can avert the "X doesn't grow on trees" phrase, it seems. See?
- Straw Misogynist: The Patriarchy, porn, institutionalized sexism and the objectification of women are the devil's work you see? Can we make it any more blatant?
JesusNeeds no further explanation.
Representative of all Eastern religion.
The grim reaper.
FuchsiaA fuchsia colored succubus
, also known as Fyoosh. She has undergone extensive character development (and got lots of screen time) since late 2008.
- Adorkable: Can be lovably awkward around Criminy.
- Anti-Villain: After Character Development and influence from Criminy, she went from a pure villain to a type I to IV to Woobie.
- Art Evolution: Look at her original portrayal and back to the current. The wardrobe change only does so much.
- Ascended Extra
- Berserk Button: Seymour messing with Criminy time ended poorly for him. And don't screw with Forky. She was considering killing Lil' E after Criminy showed up and made her happy.
- Bi the Way: Had a physical relationship with Baby Blue, and the two of them were certainly not above exploiting it to seduce men. She seems to have gradually lost interest though and transitioned into Single-Target Sexuality.
- Butterfly of Transformation: The motif is particularly associated with her.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Until 2009.
- Character Development: Gone from a Chaotic Evil seducer, to a Chaotic Neutral intrigued girl, to a Neutral Good sweetheart.
- The Chick / Fifth Ranger
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Cynicism Catalyst: Her departure of the Devil's Mansion to live near Criminy becomes one for blue.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's a succubus working for the Devil, but she sure can be sweet to
Criminy Crimnee. She is also the only demon that can't Bomf people (though she still has pyrokinesis).
- Depraved Bisexual: Has become much less depraved. May still be bi, though.
- Despair Event Horizon: Breaks down and cries after the end of Bad Behavior. She got better when Criminy broke into Hell for her.
- Dismissing a Compliment: While practicing her flirtation in the early stages of the Character Development.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Her weapon of choice when not burning things.
- Fiery Redhead: Well, fire-powered fuchsia-head. Has been shown to be a redhead as a human, though.
- Heel-Face Turn: Without so much as saying a word, she tells Big D to piss off.
- Heel Realisation: Only actually has one after her Heel-Face Turn. The full ramifications of her actions don't hit home until a good while after she changes.
- Hope Is Scary: Finds that Crimney's affections bring this into play.
- Horny Devil: Has become much less so as of late.
- Hot as Hell: Fire Succubus? Sort of by definition.
- Hot-Blooded: Again, a fire succubus.
- I Hate Past Me/Shell-Shocked Veteran: She gets horrified after a flashback of her past self or having a "stabby episode".
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Since falling in love with Criminy.
- Interspecies Romance: With Criminy.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Light(er) to Blue's Dark.
- Love Redeems: Clearly a goal for her and a wish of fans.
- Magical Girlfriend: Played With. Being an immortal demon presents its perks and problems... but Criminy takes no issue with either.
- Mama Bear: Attempting to make a trophy out of her pet is a VERY bad idea. The only thing that stopped her from killing Little E was Criminy's earlier visit cheering her up after her Despair Event Horizon.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Although the implications aren't discussed, it's mentioned that succubi have eternal youth.
- Meaningful Name
- Mirror Monologue: For flirting practice.
- Morality Pet: To Baby Blue. She genuinely cares about her.
- Noble Demon: Literal example.
- Pair the Smart Ones: An early attempt to win Criminy has her posing as smart to invoke this.
- Playing with Fire: The most advanced of the devil girls in terms of her proficiency with fire as she's the only one that can turn it into a projectile rather than use it as a flame thrower.
- Punch Clock Villain: Lampshaded.
- Reluctant Monster: She is not happy showing her demon hood.
- Sailor Fuku
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Her "stabby episodes" imply she has Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Best explanation for her affection towards Criminy.
- The Storyteller: To the damned, as she started to reform.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Criminy.
- Villainous Crush: Although she probably doesn't count as a villain these days.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Leave Criminy alone.
- Yandere: Though only very early in her romance plot, before Character Development kicked in.
- You Are Worth Hell: Criminy digs through the Earth for her, ready to face what or who he has to. Leads to Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- You Will Be Spared: In her first meeting with Crimney.
Baby BlueA blue succubus.
Much more evil than her partner.
- Affably Evil
- (A) moral Dilemma: For the first time, Baby Blue has to affirmatively choose between her loyalty to the Devil and to Fuchsia.
- Back from the Dead: In our first flashback to her past, she sees a boy she has a crush on succeed in resurrecting a dead animal, and fails herself. Then Satan opts for Came Back Wrong.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The Devil cheers up Blue after she failed Divinity School.
- Big Sister Instinct: Toward Fuchsia and ultimately Absinthe as well.
- Black Magic: Her demonic corruption power, known as being Bomfed in universe.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Character Development: Initially shown as a very care-free, fun-loving type who enjoys her job way too much. She shows more concern and worry as Fuchsia finds her enthusiasm for being evil waning. Clearly Fuchsia's presence was one of the things that made her job so much fun, because afterward she starts dressing more conservatively and acts much more serious.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Depraved Bisexual: Had a physical relationship with Fuchsia, but also seemed to delight in seducing men (often by exploiting said relationship.)
- Distracted by the Sexy: Weapon of choice. When not using her whip.
- Evil Feels Good: She certainly subscribes to this. Fuchsia doesn't seem to get it anymore.
- Expy: Damned if Blue doesn't seem like a succubus version of Nabiki Tendo.
- Glitter-Pointed and Happy: What she briefly becomes when under the influence of the glitter points around Criminy.
- A Friend in Need: Toward Fuchsia.
- Good Feels Good: Seems to enjoy herself when a good force influences her. So far it hasn't stuck, though.
- Good Is Dumb: While under the influence of glitter points, she showed a much less evil personality. And a dangerous lack of concern for what the Devil would do to her.
- Hidden Depths: She used to be a human girl and used to attend Divinity School, then she met The Devil...
- Green-Eyed Monster: is insanely jealous of Criminy.
- Horny Devil
- Hot as Hell: Succubus. She uses that.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Blue will destroy you, Criminy.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Dark to Fuchsia's Light and definitely to Absinthe's Light.
- Meaningful Name
- Murder the Hypotenuse: May have been attempted in Dig 7 given the look of murderous intent in her eyes. Might have succeeded if not for the glitter points.
- Pet the Dog: She's had a few, mostly relating to Fuchsia — but she also helped Monique escape the Devils mansion.
- Perky Female Minion: Originally, but since Fuchsia has left...
- Playing with Fire: Apparently, she can do this if she's mad, at minimum, though unlike Fuchsia, her flames are more like a flame thrower rather than a long range projectile.
- Puppy Love: In our first flashback to her past, she passes a note to a familiar boy to tell him he's cute.
- Secret Keeper: Knows that Absinthe brought 'Nique to the Devil Mansion.
- Sexy Secretary: Takes on this look when she wants to come across as more professional in her business of sin-accounting. She has taken to wearing it more frequently as events (and characterization) have marched on.
- Start of Darkness: She used to attend Divinity School. Then she meets The Devil...
- Whip It Good
- Yandere: Note her reaction to seeing Criminy in Hell.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki
Angie (AKA "Tangerine"/"Pebbles")
An dark orange succubus created from a country girl
- Action Girl: Seen here.
- A Friend in Need: The game implies she would go To Hell and Back for a friend. Then she does it.
- All Hail the Great God Mickey!: Thinks Jay-Z and Jesus are the same person. Likewise Santa and Satan.
- Ambiguous Innocence: Is a succubus and a gun-totter, but behaves without malicious intent, for the most part.
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent: Her behavior, even when criminal, tends to be childish.
- Anti-Villain: Type 3, see Obliviously Evil below.
- May lean towards Designated Villain, as she seems to practice (in her own strange way) Christianity. She even sanctifies Lil E.
- Ascended Extra: Her future importance in the story isn't really visible in her introduction.
- Ax-Crazy: Probably the most violent character in Sinfest. Is plotting to kill Santa/Satan (her pronunciation makes it unclear). She's also taken to "killing" pastries.note
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: Pick on Lily and Pebbles will go Bam-Bam on your ass
- Black Magic: Bomf. She cocks her hands back like she's aiming a gun, like Yusuke's Spirit Gun and Sailor Mars' Fire Soul. She's sometimes done this two-handed.
- Cat Girl: Werecatgirl: Rawr!
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Commonality Connection: The common horns draw her to both Lil' E and Fuchsia.
- Cool Big Sis: She's been playing this to Lil E since that whole Lethe affair.
- The Ditz: She's not quite getting the hang of being a devil.
- Earlybird Cameo: Before becoming a devil girl she asked Squigley to play a Britney Spears song on his banjo.
- Evil Feels Good: While probably not coming from any sense of sadism, she relishes in "bomfing" whatever she feels like on a whim, describing it as "fuuuuun". To be sure, when she sees it used to actually blast someone to Hell, it clearly unnerves her.
- The Fashionista: Has twice shown interest and desire in other characters clothes.
- Good Feels Good: Assures Lil' E of this — though she may overestimate how much she is a force for good.
- Happy Dance: Over her hoodie.
- Harmless Villain: Has slid into this territory now she's lost Seymour's shotgun and Lil' Evil's katana.
- Hulk Speak: Is prone to this.
- Identity Amnesia: Does not remember her name
- The Kleptomaniac: Has also stolen said clothing from the characters whose wardrobe she liked.
- Loss of Identity: When it struck her that she didn't know who she was, she suddenly suffered this. (Before it didn't even occur to her.)
- Malaproper: "JAY-Z IS MY LOAD AND SAVOUR!!!"
- Morality Pet: Has some shades of this towards Seymour, incredibly. If nothing else, he has acted more decently when around her than at any other point in the comic. Their interactions aren't numerous yet, and Seymour's "gentlemanly behavior" might just be him feeling responsible for her (as he's responsible for her Cloudcuckoolander attitude), but there's hope yet.
- Either that or he's at a loss when someone heeds his sermons only to run with a completely garbled version.
- No Name Given: For the first three years after her introduction. The name Pebbles comes from one strip, where Monique nicknames her Pebbles due to her orange hair. Tangerine was proposed by the fans to go along with the Theme Naming amongst the other succubi. In March 2014, her real name was finally revealed as Angie, a.k.a. Tange — possibly short for Tangerine.
- No Social Skills
- Nubile Savage: In attire, and owing to the lack of social skills, behavior. Though she does avert Exposed to the Elements.
- Obliviously Evil: Tangerine doesn't seem to bear ill will to anyone she doesn't perceive as attacking her or "Lily". Being an impulsive, childish, slightly "out of it" Pyromaniac is enough to occasionally make people run away screaming, though.
- Pyromaniac: Loves to make things go boom. Especially after she gets Seymour's shotgun.
- Running Gag: Her habit of stealing pieces of clothing from people she runs across is starting to shape up as this.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: BOMF (and BKOW as of 8/15/11).
- Tomboy: A sunday strip revealing a little of her backstory shows she was a tomboyish girl before she was forced into girly stuff.
- Tomboyish Name: She rejected "Angie" as a name for "Tange."
AbsintheA Devil girl stripper brought in by the Devil to replace Fuchsia.
- Adorkable: Yes, she is.
- Even, there's a fan theory that says Mr. D got her not for being sexy but for being cute and appealing to men who are into Moe.
- Affably Evil/Nice Girl: So far we haven't seen her doing anything specifically evil. She even seems to un-ironically like nature shows.
- Affectionate Nickname: 'Nique calls her Abby, as do her enlightened drones
- Bewildering Punishment: See Dramatic Irony below.
- Bi the Way: Seems attracted to 'Nique's passionate feminism.Then she happily wags her tail when 'Nique calls her "girlfriend".
- Bookworm: Seems taken with the feminist works that Trike Girl dropped off at the Manor.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- The Cutie: So far.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Trike Girl's trying to subvert her like she did with Fuchsia. A subversion since she's trying to draw her away from the devil.
- The Devil now seems intent on putting her through "Devil Girl Training."
- Day In The Life: One Sunday strip. It reveals her name.
- The Ditz
- Dramatic Irony: Being unaware of Baby Blue's friendship with Fuchsia, she's blindsided by Baby Blue's behavior, repeatedly.
- Dumb Blonde: Designated as this during "Rad Fem."
- Fan Nickname: 'Lime' for her yellow-green coloring. Also "Fern."
- Girlish Pigtails
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: The strongest F-word she can think to pass D-man's security scanner is "Fudge".
- Heel Realization: Appears to have one at the end of the Day In The Life.
- Horny Devil
- The Ingenue: A devil ingenue. Picked off strip club, working for the Devil and the worst thought she can give to the detector is "bad manners".
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Light to Blue's Dark.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Even considering Fuchsia's Heel-Face Turn, she still might be the most affable devil girl.
- Merciful Minion
- Morality Pet: She can't bring herself to part with the Zen-zapped Illuminati drones.
- Ms. Fanservice: Specifically picked out as such.
- Naïve Newcomer: She was just a stripper at the club, now she's a girl in The Devil's cortege.
- Nature Lover: When the drones send back nature pictures, she watches.
- Odd Friendship: Considering what she does, it seems a little strange how genuinely well she gets along with 'Nique.
- Panty Shot: Normally she averts this, unlike Fuchsia and Blue, by getting her tail through a hole on her sundress, but by accident she gives one to Squig.
- Perky Female Minion
- Pet the Dog: Toward the drones.
- Poke the Poodle: She finds it difficult to be bad, but since the Devil has a security scanner that requires passers by to think bad thoughts, she thinks things like "bad manners".
- Replacement Scrappy: In-universe: Blue does NOT like her.
- Stripperiffic: When she's on the clock. Otherwise, she usually wears a sundress and a pair of sneakers.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl/Lady and Knight: She's developed this dynamic with 'Nique. Of course, she is the girly and protected one.
Lil' Evil / "Lily"
) Satanist fundamentalist
- Allergic to Love: Or says so. Still fails at not being cute in process. Angel-glitter too.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Lil' E was picked on for his demonic appearance as a child. The Devil was the only one to stand up for him.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Drinking from Lethe produced quite a change.
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent: Afterwards, he is rather childish, a great friend of Tangerine's, and quite baffled by his past behavior.
- The Antichrist: In all probability.
- Birthday Hater: It bring him horrible memories.
- Cute Monster Boy: See Half-Human Hybrid.
- Chiaroscuro: Often, whenever he comtemplates his past
- Character Development: Almost all spoiler material, but let's just say he's got friends now.
- Despair Event Horizon: The Pity Party seems to have broke him every badly. Thanks God Tangerine went to rescue him.
- Evil Is Petty
- Evil Versus Evil: His target of choice is Seymour, who's generally as bad at being good as Lil' E at being evil. Also, he has no aversion to preying on his own kind.
- The Fundamentalist
- Green-Eyed Monster: Jealous of Tangerine because she can BOMF people. Not as much as an amnesiac though.
- Half-Human Hybrid/Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: The Devil and a woman who looks a bit like Eve. Also the reason why he can't BOMF people.
- Harmful to Minors: Here's a tip, Satan: don't kill something in front of your kid. It tends to freak them out.
- Harmless Villain: With a few exceptions, he posts images of a certain pig flying on a toilet online, and occasionally gets into Karate battles with Seymour. Plus, angels find him adorable.
- Identity Amnesia: Accidentally mind wiping himself with Lethe water and getting picked up by Tangerine may be his chance to get a life.
- Loony Fan: "Big D" is bewildered and quickly driven to Headdesk. And he will brag about being ignored. Dragon thinks it's an elegant prank.
- Loss of Identity: Drinking from the Lethe was rather traumatic.
- Not So Different: With Seymour.
- Number of the Beast: Note how his alarm is set 66 minutes past the hour.
- One-Winged Angel: Averted, though it was because those Jerkass devils beat him up and ripped a wing off his "angel hoodie."
- However, Pebbles did go Bam-Bam on them to unleash her Super Mode to kick them all over the place.
- Poke the Poodle: Lil' E wants to master the deadly sins, and had a lot of achievements... But mostly, in Sloth. He does Eeeeevil. Cuz he's evil! He contributes to the cultural demise of civilization.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: In one of his many attempts of copying the Devil, Little E got himself a cute three-headed pup, which may be or may not be Cerberus' offspring.
- Self-Harm: Attempted to cut his own horns off when he was severely bullied to due his half-demon status.
- Strawman Political
- Troll: Time and again, happily goads Seymour, then welcomes him to the Dark Side. Or resorts to PM trolling. Not that Seymour was a really challenging target, of course.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
- Vitriolic Best Buds with Seymour, but less so after his amnesia.
LegionThe bouncer at the devil girl strip club.
A succubus working as a stripper in the devil girls strip club.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Broken Bird: At least, Seymour has so diagnosed her. Whether accurately, time will tell.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Deadpan Snarker
- Despair Event Horizon: Possibly considering her hints of being a Broken Bird. She see men change for the worse every night and then being complete hypocrites every day and she doing her job with little to no enthusiasm proves that she has cross it long time ago.
- Drowning My Sorrows: One flaming witch's brew.
- Fan Nickname: Blueberry and Sapphire. The later name was eventually revealed as canon.
- The Sinfest forums actually prefer to refer to her as Lapis Lazuli or Cobalt.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking
- Horny Devil
- I Am What I Am: She can't see anyway of being a better person because she's a devil girl, so why bother to try?
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Shows quiet interest in the Friend Zone.
- Jade-Colored Glasses:
- Ms. Fanservice/Fanservice Extra: Deconstructed; because of the misogynist men in-universe, she just can work as a stripper, even though she hates it, she's harassed for creepy paparazzi or fans of her and she's treated just like eye-candy.
- Only in It for the Money: Loves the money, hates the bunch of degenerates.
- Pretty in Mink: In early appearances, she wears a mink coat.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Stripperiffic: On work. Out of the clock, she uses a long gabardine.
A little scientist demon in charge of Deviltech as well as the Devil's surveillance systems.
some caption text
An new demon, who may be looking to overthrone The Devil. He's also a growing artist and the only known demon able to enter the Reality Zone.
some caption text
Vainglorious's Assistant and general all around toady.
SeymourA Christian fundamentalist.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Even before he Took a Level in Jerkass, he still wasn't a favorite of God due to his obsessive fanboyishness.
- The strip that hints that God actually created Seymour fully formed and acting the way he is becomes either hilarious or His Moral Event Horizon by proxy when taken into light the things Seymour does because of said obsession.
- All Hail the Great God Mickey!: Has recently started mixing his worship of Jesus with that of Voltron. Whether he thinks Voltron is a saint or an actual avatar of Jesus isn't entirely clear.
- Ambiguously Human: He actually is human but you'd think otherwise considering how different he looks in comparison to the other humans in the comic.
- Non-Standard Character Design: It's interesting to note that, although he is human, God accidentally created him to look like one of his hand puppets, which might explain why he looks so different from the other human characters.
- Armoured Closet Gay: Deeply in denial about his feelings for Jesus.
- Boisterous Weakling/Minor Injury Overreaction: Once challenged Criminy to a fight, very enthusiastically. Criminy lands a very soft punch, and he runs away crying.
- Bullying a Dragon: Crosses into Too Dumb to Live territory. To Fuchsia. He also pisses off Criminy, the guy who dug into Hell to be with his girlfriend. Before that, he literally pokes the Dragon's nose.
- Character Development: We're starting to see him wrestle with his sexuality and sense of right and wrong.
- Characterization Marches On: Do you remember when being a closeted homoseuxal wasn't his defining characteristic? Or, to speak of, when, initially, for a long time there was no indication for Seymour being gay at all?
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Sort of. After his baptizing of Tangerine turns her into the Ax-Crazy Cloudcuckoolander we know, he's terrified that he'll be responsible for the damage she causes.
- Egomaniac Hunter: In a manner of speaking. His hunting gear and shotgun is his second most worn outfit, and he is an egomaniac, but he's not egomaniacal about his hunting skills in particular.
- Elephant in the Room: No one, not even Seymour himself, ever seems to notice that he looks...unique, even in a world where humanoid pigs and devils are common citizens.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards Fuchsia, who has been actively trying to change her ways, making it even more repulsive.
- Though later in his Character Development he softens toward her considerably. He often has admiring things to say about her painting skill in particular. Though this might just be because he is trying to butter her up so she can paint things for him (which after his previous behavior toward her she is not inclined to do.)
- Fate Worse Than Death: An epically hilarious one in Bomf 4. Turned into the thing he hates as an ironic reflection of his true nature.
- Flanderization: He actually had a few decent moments at the beginning, and was no worse than anyone else, but while everyone else has gotten Character Development and Lighter and Softer treatment, he became more and more intolerant and intolerable in his fervor... and then finally learned something and has since begun to be less Flanderized.
- Friendly Enemy: Outright states he is this with Lil' Evil.
- Actually, he comments that he is confused as to the best description of their relationship, suggesting The Rival and Vitriolic Best Buds as alternative ways of viewing them together.
- The Fundamentalist: Subverted, since Christianity has a fundamental belief in helping repentance. Suffice to say, his sense of repentance is a bit... miscalibrated.
- Guilty Pleasures: Jesus Slash Fiction.
- Heel Face Door Slam: Does this to Fuchsia on multiple occasions, most prominently in Bad Behavior. This trope (which makes him a hypocrite) is one of the main reasons he's so hated by the fandom.
- Heteronormative Crusader: Almost takes a shotgun to an incredibly flamboyant gay couple. The scene is now the page picture.
- Holier Than Thou: Goes into Knight Templar territory on this one.
- Homoerotic Dream: Ironically enough, he has dreams involving Jesus in very good terms with him.
- Jerk Ass
- Kick the Dog: His book burning and the Bad Behavior series.
- Kissing Under Cupid's Arrow: "I feel so sensual"
- Knight Templar: Has become worse around 2010.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Turned into a demon after an unprovoked attack on Fuchsia.
- Light Is Not Good: Jesus fanboy? Check. Averse to demons? Check. Jerk? See the rest of his tropes.
- Loony Fan: Hilariously enough, he fails to recognize the real thing in person. Despite having bought a metric fuckton of Jesus merchandise. MIGHT be a Metaphor for his obsession with the rule of his religion, and not the spirit of it.
- Love Freak: After getting shot by Cupid's arrow.
- Not So Different: With Lil' E.
- Pet the Dog: Well what do ya' know. Seymour can actually ACT like a Christian.
- Pure Is Not Good: Is convinced that he is almost completely without sin, and truly has done little that could be considered evil in the usual sense. Which just makes all the times he acts Holier Than Thou that much more despicable, knowing he could be good but is too much "against evil" to truly be good.
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny: Has moments like this, usually as a result of being around Nique or Baby Blue for too long.
- Stay in the Kitchen: So stuck in the gender roles that one can say he's the embodiment of the Patriarchy's train of thoughts.
- Terrible Artist: He can't even draw Jesus.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Bad Behavior.
- Windmill Crusader: Takes his struggle against the Devil and his minions seriously. So seriously, he forgets not all of them are bad, or that he isn't a threat to them, in the slightest. The Devil doesn't pay attention, unless there's an easy opportunity to torment him.
The CartoonistMostly keeps to himself
. The owner of Pooch and Percy.
Xanthe Justice (Named here.)
A short, shades-wearing arch-feminist
who rides a Big Wheel tricycle.
- Adorkable: We see a small chink in her armor over Pumpkin Spice Muffins!
- Action Girl
- Arch-Enemy: To the Devil, believe it or not.
- Artistic Licence Biology: She clearly does not understand how sperm cells work. "Rubbing one out" doesn't determine if sperm cells die, simply where they will die.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Broken Bird/Despair Event Horizon: Apparently the whole debacle with Kcils has made her give up on seeking male allies...
- Celibate Hero: "I'm already in love... with Justice!"
- Character Development: seems to be undergoing some with Slick. When he showed up with an attempt at a feminist-and-LGBT-friendly erotic screenplay, she actually read some of it and even gave helpful criticism that led Slick to a realization. Very different from when all she could manage to tell him was "look within" and confuse him.
- Close-Call Haircut: Some drones cut hair out of her ponytail with Frickin' Laser Beams.
- The Corrupter: Given her bad Double Standard habits, YMMV if it's for the better or worse.
- Creepy Child: An early version.
- Crossover: Takes a certain famous cartoon boy to task for his treatment of Susie Derkins.
- Destined Bystander: The Daddy's Little Girl plot thread featured the trike feminists in 2007.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After MMXII steals her bike, it is implied by the Coffee Shop Lady that if Xanthe managed to find him, things would get messy.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Slick and Seymour, it would seem.
- Double Standard: Standing up for women in a society that is bent on exploiting women is a fine attitude. However the fact that she's not only completely indifferent to male suffering, but runs her bike on it suggests that she's less interested in removing the double standard than reversing who's in charge.
- Emotion Eater: Her motorcycle runs off of dudebro tears.
- Failed a Spot Check: Cannot see the difference between Slick and Slick's dark side. This may be part of the reason for her intense dislike of him.
- Fan Nickname: The Sinfest forums have made a habit of referring to her as Glossy.
- Flat Character: Her only defining trait is radical feminism.
- Upon actually encountering a demon outside of Satan, (Milton to be exact), offering to fix her trike, she somewhat coldly but politely states no thanks.
- She also seems to be taking Slick's attempts to change more seriously later on, even though sometimes her advice confuses him especially the time she referenced Kcils, who he doesn't seem to know about.
- Heroic BSOD: Went into one for a bit when she thought there were no male allies to feminism. Nana helped her out of it.
- Hero Stole My Bike: MMXII steals her trike to get away from Death, and then accidentally sets off the self-destruct sequence.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: If "One shade of gray" is to be believed, she just wants more understanding men, who could behave towards women with respect instead of seeing them as just mere sex slaves.
- Jerk Ass: Much like Seymour, many fans feel that she forces her fanatical views down people's throats. But aside from her total Lack of Empathy for Straw Misogynists, the comic usually seems to portray her actions as being in the right.
- Knight Templar: Her feminist views sometimes reach this level. E.g., her pov on male masturbation.
- Licensed Sexist: She has a license to kick patriarchal ass.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: Awesomely averted.
- Meaningful Name: "Xanthe" is Greek for "Blonde-haired". Also is the name of one of the Amazons.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Feminist senses...tingling!
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Her trike's ability to create an energy shield and transform into a spaceship had no hints of ever existing.
- The Paragon: She told Fuchsia she was her own person and didn't belong to anybody. This encouragement was what make Fuchsia leave D-man's mansion for good.
- Plot Tumor: See Spotlight-Stealing Squad. Lampshaded by Slick.
- The Quiet One: Rarely speaks.
- She Who Fights Monsters
- Shout-Out: To The Matrix.
- Soapbox Sadie
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Starting around October of 2011, a very large amount of strips focus on her and the effects of her actions.
- To Hell and Back: D-man tried to make her fall into a flaming river of damned souls. She used her new trike to fly away.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pumpkin Spice Lattes. To the point where she doesn't notice the fembot stealing one of the sisterhood's bikes because she was so distracted by drinking one.
A bicycle riding black feminist girl, who was named here
TessThe machine expert of the Sisterhood.
The Fan GirlA young fan
of "It Girl" Monique
The Youngest Sister
A girl first seen being trained by Nana.
Also seen with the rest of the Sisterhood
Lil'E's missing mother.
Coffee Shop Lady/NanaAn elderly and benevolent woman who runs a coffee shop. Oh, and also teaches Kung Fu.
Francis SebastianThe default gay character
Barack StarShowed up around the '08 elections to counter Sarah Piglin
A young fan of the Cartoonist.
The Fifth Sister
A young woman who went on a date with Criminy and works for Hell TV.
- Ascended Extra: She appeared once before on a date with Criminy only to reappear in a later arc.
- Fluffy Tamer: She manages to pacify Criminy's devil books, having experience with them from work.
- Love Hurts: She waited for Criminy to call her back after the date but he never did.
Other Supernatural Beings
Ezekiel and ArielAn inseparable pair of angels.
- Battle Couple: When they annoy the Devil or redeem someone.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Lil' Evil seems stunned by how beautiful they are.
- Chekhov's Gun: Their "glitter points" apparently have the power to protect the pure of heart from minor demons and can temporally remove demonic corruption from the Devil's minions (they still look like demons, but they lose the personality).
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Yes, it is.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Being angels they are pure, chaste, innocent and sweet.
- Holier Than Thou: Not to the extent of Seymour, but they sometimes come across as infuriatingly snobbish, although they're legitimately trying to help people and have good intentions.
- Also, unlike Seymour, they are pretty nice to Fuchsia and other demonic characters. As long as you're trying to do good, they're on your side.
- Holy Halo: Standard attire.
- Informed Attractiveness: In the cartoony style, hard to tell.
- Karmic Trickster: Given that the only guy they prank is Satan, it's pretty clear they are giving him his just deserts, especially when he hunts them.
- Knocking on Heathens' Door: Do this or a lesser degree of evangelizing, depending on whether these two do it regularly as the "Fellowship of the Lord" or just to prank Big D.
- Light Is Good: Still irritating, obnoxious and sanctimonious though.
- Love Redeems: They aren't an example of it themselves, but they definitely believe in it if this strip is any indication.
- Protective Charm: Their glitter appears to a one-use charm.
- Put on a Bus: Have basically disappeared after Xanthe took prominance.
- Screwy Squirrel: Ariel and Zeke "the Wascally Angels" just love to mess with D in any way they can, from slapstick pranks to making him facepalm to evangelizing to him with straight faces to distracting him from clients and subverting his "employees".
- Sickeningly Sweethearts
The zombie of one (or more
) of the damned souls who loved Fuchsia's stories. Deprived of these after her Heel-Face Turn
, he's now escaped to look for her.
Uncle Sam and Lady LibertyNot the happiest family
, at least these days. Uncle Sam is theoretically well-meaning
, but flinchy
and easily misguided. Most definitely not depressed
. Also, get off his lawn.
- Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder: Defied. After Liberty leaves him, a heartbroken Sam refuses to continue indulging his "porn" habit because it's why she left him.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of America.
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil: Uncle Sam was a pupil of Jesus before he learned the Corporate Side of the Force. "But there's still good in him."
- Cool Crown: Liberty.
- Exiled to the Couch: Uncle Sam has been sleeping on the couch more and more this days.
- Glory Days: They remember, and have nostalgia.
- Happily Married: Subverted, they were a relatively normal family, with ups and downs, but recently they started to have serious problems.
- Golddigger: Sam accussed Liberty of being one for not believing that she is sticking around with him out of geniune love but for the good life his imperialistic life style gives her. While it began with porn, it was his doubst on her that were the last straw for her to leave him.
- High School Sweethearts: They have been together since they were children.
- Housewife: Liberty. But being wife of Uncle Sam has give her a core of steel.
- It's All About Me: Uncle Sam has empathy issues.
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: Uncle Sam. He couldn't stay just one night without some, which was the beginning of his relationship's troubles.
- Also, when Liberty tried to talk to him about it, he use the "I'm a man and I have my freedom!" excuse.
- Nice Hat: Uncle Sam.
- No Accounting for Taste: Even with a shot of love, Sam And Liberty's marriage is getting more and more troubled. Sam hasn't stop with the porn but now, he wants Liberty to try porn sex without considering that sometimes porn can be unrealistic, claiming it can make them a stronger nation and it's "liberating" and excuse his low preferences on porn with searching what women want. Liberty of course feels uncomfortable and creeped out about it.
- Obliviously Evil: "I was only... Freedom!" Okay, now he is depressed.
- Toilet Seat Divorce: Lady Liberty ultimately leaves Uncle Sam after he refuses to try to give up his porn habit, but it's clear that his unwillingness to do so is just the latest in a long string of problems the two have been having.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Uncle Sam is prone to heavy drinking. Waking up after this is not always easy.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Liberty and the audience's reaction to Uncle Sam's response about quitting porno, imperialism and exploitation of others.
- Your Cheating Heart: Uncle Sam flirts with foreign women. Liberty is not amused.
Enough said. First seem shooting an arrow to Criminy to fall in love with Fuchsia
A mysterious and ominous hooded figure that apparently controls the Bomf District on and off the internet.
Rogue FembotA companionship gynoid created by Deviltech and bought by Slick.
- Allegorical Character: She is an allegory for men objectifying women.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Pink skin and purple hair.
- Driven to Suicide: The death of the weaponized fembot make her despair enough to try to commit seppuku with her knife. Tangerine and Lil'E were there to stop her.
- Fan Nick Name: Some circles call her Maverick as a jab at the Sisterhood's lack of respect for the three laws of robotics.
- Femme Fatalons: She has deployable claws.
- He Who Fights Monsters: After the death of the Weaponized Fembot, she goes full Terminator. Ishida isn't even trying to hide it anymore; there's a Terminator Shout-Out in the Credits Gag.
- I Just Want To Be Free: Her first thought after her remote breaking? Escaping Slick.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has a Sexy Mode for this purpose. Also, she walks around in lingerie.
- Overly Long Name: When she was first asked about her name, and had to consult her internal programming for the answer, she came up with "Model PX1-F600 Serial Number FBXC-44-020-718-184-63-661-90-542".
- Revenge: After finding the bodies of her fellow fembots and downloading their memories, her emotional range expands... to include anger, it would seem.
- Robot Girl: Going into the Reality Zone activated her "autopilot mode" and has granted a kind of freedom after her remote control exploded. Even, it seems her default mode is a sassy behaviour. She could pass for a real girl if it wasn't for her needing tech support.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When she and Slick travel into the Reality Zone, the remote controlling her malfunctions. Her default mode is to run away.
- Sweater Girl: After she meets the Coffeehouse Lady, she gets outfitted for the cold.
- Three-Laws Compliant: As seen under Revenge, possibly in the process of being averted.
- Confirmed to be averted in the 06/10/13 strip where she threatens to tear a store clerk to shreds with her claws because he won't let her use a charger.
- Confirmed once again in 07/10/13; she beated the crap out of one guy in revenge for his fembot who was destroyed by him.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene/Lingerie Scene
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?
Weaponized FembotA fembot created by Milton to destroy Fembot.
After falling into the Reality Zone, she was destroyed by a self-destruction mechanism. Her memory chip was retrieved by the Sisterhood and uploaded to her copies. Only three survived the escape and they're looking for Rogue Fembot.
TomeyA demonic book.
The Devil's pet dog.
Small, pyramid-shaped flying Cyclopes created by Milton that serve as the Devil's spies.
drones, sent forth by Satan
, met the Buddha and got Enlightened.
Apparently Satan can't zap them back.
Percival and Pooch
A cat (Percy) and dog (Pooch
) of the Author Avatar whose antics are mostly irrelevant to the rest of the strip