open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- It goes a lot further than kissing in Corsair when Canale is drugged with a powerful aphrodisiac and Ayace first saves him from the person who drugged him and then decides to take advantage himself, despite never showing any interest in him before. Being a BL manga though, the relationship continues even after Ayace can no longer use the aphrodisiac as an excuse.
- The Girls Love Manga, Girl Friends uses this. The central couple gets their first kiss when Mari drunkenly kisses a drunkenly passed out Akko. Also their two female friends, Sugi and Tamamin sometimes make out when drunk.
- Sano from Hana-Kimi kisses anyone near him when he's drunk. Cue Ho Yay moments.
- In the High School Of The Dead OVA special, the gang is under the influence of the funky smoke. Saeko and Rei wound up frenching each other on the beach with each thinking the other was Takashi. Though after they've recovered, they agree to never speak of it again.
- Houin ("horny drunk") kissing a passed-out Aoki in the Kodomo no Jikan manga.
- In one of Kyo Kara Maoh!'s OVAs, a possessed-by-Shinou Wolfram kidnaps Yuuri from his bed and forces them to kiss. The fact that Yuuri is conscious, awfully confused, and bound makes this scene that much funnier.
- Living Game: Izumi and Raizo finally break through the sexual tension after some late-night boozing at the corporate party.
- Mahou Sensei Negima! has a rather interesting example in which Nodoka asks Negi for a kiss...while they're in an area filled with the power of The World Tree. The magic turns Negi into a Determinator who will get a kiss from somebody. He ends up kissing Asuna, almost suffocating her in the process, and goes back to normal afterwards with no memory of the event. Asuna swears everyone who saw the incident to silence .
- Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch had an episode where Lucia was in possession of a mood-altering device that took control of her and made her kiss Kaito, then pass out. In the corresponding manga chapter, she wasn't misusing Applied Phlebotinum, she was just drunk, from ''cola''!
- Moyashimon has the unforgetable episode where Hazuki Oikawa and Aoi Muto take aphrodisiacs. They think it has no effect on them... But their thoughts might be different the following morning. Sado-Masochist Hasegawa has a somewhat different reaction (though admittedly she also had alcohol, as did the other two in the manga).
- Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water: Happens between the two teenage leads, thanks to an Intoxication Ensues situation with a handful of mushrooms. It doesn't help resolve the Will They or Won't They? situation — the next morning, only one of them remembers it.
- In the Ouran High School Host Club manga, Tamaki kisses Haruhi while delirious with a fever, and this is when she realizes that she has feelings for him. It psychs her out tremendously, and she is very frustrated when she realizes that she can't bust his chops about it since he doesn't even remember in the incident.
- Ai's First Kiss with Mew in Psychic Academy after they had drunken an apparently alcoholic 'energy drink' touted by Ai's brother.
- Ranma ½:
- In an early episode, Ranma's "Cat-fu" is revealed to be calmed by laying on Akane's lap, purring like a cat. The first time this happens he gives her a little kiss on the cheek (acting like an affectionate cat). Embarrassed, she gives him the Megaton Punch.
- Once, after being snagged by a Fishing Rod of Love, Ranma fell under a spell that made him fall in love with Ryoga. As a girl, Ranma would then kiss him lovingly on the cheek — Ryoga's reaction was less than pretty.
- Usagi's First Kiss in Sailor Moon was under the influence. Which can leave a bitter taste in one's mouth towards Mamoru's action in taking advantage of her. It left a bitter taste in Mamoru's mouth when, after a First Kiss-themed episode of the original anime, they were discussing theirs, and he realised he was remembering an earlier occasion than she was.
- In the second season of Strike Witches, Mio kisses Minna (presumably with tongue, if the sound she made while doing so is anything to go by) after getting plastered from a huge jug of wine. Not exactly how we expected it would go from a Beach Episode.
- Subverted in a chapter of To Love-Ru where Yami, under the effect of Celine's pollen nearly kiss Rito that stop her before the effect disappear.
- In The Vision of Escaflowne, Dornkirk uses magic with the help of Eria and Folken roleplaying to manipulate Allen Shezar, Van's rival, into kissing Hitomi. This was done to purposely drive a wedge between Hitomi and Van and keep them apart in order to change fate.
- At the start of Scott Pilgrim volume 4, Kim and Knives get wasted and make out, much to Scott's horror.
- In Amazing Spider-Man issue 601, Peter Parker wakes up in bed, naked, next to his roommate Michelle (equally naked). They apparently had sex after Parker had one too many at his Aunt May's wedding. It's later explained that, as a gag, Michelle kept filling his glass with cider when Peter wasn't looking, so he thought it was wine.
- In Ironwood, the object of the young Sulimon Canto's affection winds up kissing (and more) her lamia roommate while under the effect of Canto's Love Potion.
- The Child of Love:
- Misato and Kaji in a bar during the Obon festival in chapter 5 as they were drunk.
- It is not revealed until halfway through the story, but Asuka had sex with Shinji because she had unknowingly been drugged with hormone-booters stimulated her sex drive.
- Cadance recklessly firing off love magic results in this several times during the course of Diaries of a Madman.
- HERZ: In the backstory Kurumi kissed Shinji when he was heavily inhebriated and then the got her way with him. She hoped that action led to they becoming a couple, but it backfired horribly: Shinji kept loving Asuka and he was so ashamed of what happened he started to actively avoid Kurumi.
- Higher Learning: In chapter 5 Shinji and Asuka get drunk while Misato is away. After spending a while joking and talking gibberish, Asuka says Shinji is hers, she hugs him and they kiss.
- In The Student Prince, Gwen and Arthur kisses each other at a party while they are both drunk out of their minds, although nothing comes of it.
- Hail to the King: Asuka does this to Shinji, courtesy of a G-cell serum. It leads to an Above the Influence moment on Shinji's part.
- In the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story "My Unsmurfy Valentine", Eros' lust arrows strike various male Smurfs who start kissing each other. Only it doesn't affect Tapper because he has some sort of spiritual protection. In "Monkey On Your Smurf", Empath and Smurfette are under the influence of probes inside their bodies that are making them make out with each other. And of course there's Papa Smurf in Hulked Out mode seeking to mate with Smurfette in "Papa's Big Crush."
- In Old West, a high Grace Glossy unexpectedly gives her first kiss to Rattlesnake Jake after he has taken her home from Mud's saloon, and she passes out immediately afterwards.
- In Smallville fanfiction "Under The Influence", Clark and Kara kiss while they are under the mind-altering influence of red kryptonite.
- In Chapter 82 of FREAKIN GENSOKYO, an aspara forces Ha-chan, Renko and Maribel to try and snog Brad and/or each other for several minutes. Brad refuses to play along.
- X-Men: The Early Years: In "Boy Scouts, Sex, and Other Mysterious Things", a plastered Jean Grey kisses Scott Summers.
Suddenly, Scott was caught in Jean's eyes like a net. His mouth met hers and Jean responded back. Their tongues and minds entwined, and Scott found himself running his hands though her wild red hair. Jean's hands were all over him. The next thing Scott knew, they were on the ground with Jean on top of him. She looked like some pagan goddess, looking down at him with passion-bruised lips and her hair all mussed.
- A less pleasant example occurs in Euro Trip, in which a brother and sister, twins, in fact, french-kiss each other at a rave, after drinking absinthe.
- "You guys are the worst twins ever."
- Happens to Brent and Tanner in GBF (and maybe something else)
- In Carefree, the first thing Amanda tries to do after being given a drug that will lower her inhibitions is kiss Tony (her doctor).
- Mike and Tracy in The Philadelphia Story, after lots and lots of champagne.
- Almost happened in The Mummy. Evie passes out just before the connection, though.
- The Man From Uncle 2015: Gaby and Ilya almost kiss after a scene which begins with Gaby drinking most of a bottle of vodka all by herself. This is also the reason why Gaby passes out before their lips actually connect.
- In Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Thomas and Brenda make out at a post-apocalyptic rave party after they've been imbibed with hallucinogenic drugs. This also causes Thomas to image Teresa in her place, whom he's really in love with.
- Cat from the Night Huntress novels is determined to hate Bones despite her growing attraction to him. When she's been drinking, she forgets her prejudices and starts kissing him and flirting with him. Bones dryly observes that she only says nice things about him when she's drunk.
- In Linnea Sinclair's Gabriel's Ghost, Sully self-medicates his mental problems with honeylace. While
drunkfurred on liquid courage he works up the nerve to kiss his long time crush. She goes along with it at first, but eventually breaks away because she thinks he'll regret it in the morning.
- Vampire Academy:
- In Vampire Academy, Victor Dashkov gave Rose a necklace enchanted with earth, causing Rose and Dimitri to become overwhelmed by passion, which distracts them while he kidnaps Lissa.
- Blood Promise:
- Lissa was drunk when she made out with Aaron, her ex-boyfriend.
- When Strigoi-Dimitri has Rose, he keeps her drugged up with his bites
- In The Dresden Files short story "Love Hurts", Harry and Murphy are investigating a string of murder-suicides involving couples. Harry figures out that the couples were made to think they were in love with dark magic. While investigating the state fair that all three cases linked back to, Harry and Murphy get hit with the love spell. Also gets into Squick territory: the most recent murder-suicide set off alarms because the couple were brother and sister under the influence. They couldn't resist the spell and fell in love, but also knew that it was horribly wrong, and snapped.
- Artemis Fowl, Holly kisses Artemis when they go into the past, because the magic that transported them there turned her into a teenager and messed up her hormones. Makes certain events in the next book hilarious.
- In the Ciaphas Cain series (specifically For The Emperor and the short story "Sector 13"), Tyranid Genestealers are implied to force this upon their victims. Genestealers spread The Virus to create "cults" of apparently loyal humans who will turn to the Tyranid side as soon as the hive fleet arrives in the system (or whenever would best suit their needs). To do so, they abduct and attack humans, then implant them with an organelle that lodges in their chest cavity. The main function of the organelle is to gradually infect the victims' children, who are also born with Genestealer implants. As the generations pass, mutations grow more extreme until eventually they birth a combination of nearly-normal humans (for infiltration) and Genestealer Purestrains, which are vicious close-combat specialists that protect the cult and look nothing like humans. To ensure the hosts have children, the implants subtly encourage them to form attachments and have sex at every opportunity, especially (but not necessarily) with other hybrids.
- In Ishmael and the Hoops of Steel, Ishmael kisses Sally, his best friend's girlfriend when he accidentally gets drunk on vodka.
- Harry Potter: Hagrid gets roaring drunk on eggnog at a Christmas feast, culminating in giving McGonnagal a peck on the cheek. She giggles and starts blushing.
- In the Star Trek episode, "Plato's Stepchildren", sadistic and bored aliens with psychokinetic powers, which allow them to control people's movements, force Kirk and Uhura, as well as Spock and Nurse Chapel, to kiss for their amusement, leading to the first black/white interracial kiss on American TV.
- In the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Naked Now", Data and Lt. Tasha Yar have sex while under the influence of the same alcoholic intoxication disease that inflicted the TOS crew in "The Naked Time." After they were cured, Tasha told Data that the whole thing never happened.
- Star Trek: Voyager:
- Kes almost provided what would have been the show's only lesbian kiss when she was possessed by an evil alien dictator in "Warlord".
- And when Vorick goes through his pon farr he forms a brief telepathic mind-meld with B'Elanna (before getting his jaw broken) who then becomes consumed with lust for Tom Paris. Paris proves to be Above the Influence, but the incident nevertheless foreshadows later developments.
- In a later episode B'Elanna and Tom hook up for real and start Making Love in All the Wrong Places, earning a formal reprimand from the captain. In that episode aliens are discovered doing secret medical experiments on the crew, and they wonder if their sex-mad behaviour, perhaps even their entire relationship, might be a result of some aliens messing with their hormones as an experiment. Well, it's a good thing they found out in time, Tom and B'Elanna conclude while snogging passionately.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine had a lesbian kiss in an episode involving Dax and another Trill. The "influence" in the case was that both parties were remembering a previous life in which they were a heterosexual couple.
- Seriously, Chloe and Clark kissed more times under the influence than not, although notably every time it is just making Chloe show her hidden feelings.
- Hug: To prove his mind control powers, the meteor-freak of the week makes Chloe kiss Clark.
- Rush: An adrenaline-inducing parasite infects Chloe, leading to some heavy making out with Clark who is affected by red kryptonite, and would certainly have gone further if she didn't remove his shirt and the red kryptonite in it.
- Devoted: A love potion makes Chloe wait at the loft wearing nothing but his football jersey. Three guesses what happened.
- Also, every single episode that involves Red Kryptonite. Thankfully, almost everyone Clark kisses suffers Easy Amnesia when the phlebotinum wears off. This sometimes reaches ludicrous levels — Why did red kryptonite lipstick erase Lois's memory when it wore off? If it didn't, the writers would have to use Character Development.
- Later, Maxima and Zatanna used Psychic Powers and magic, respectively, to force Clark to kiss them.
- Shield: After Hawkman gets drunk, he hallucinates his dead wife standing before him. Overwhelmed, he rushes up and kisses her, then it turns out he snogged Lois. Outraged and not realizing what he's going through, Lois slaps him.
- Seriously, Chloe and Clark kissed more times under the influence than not, although notably every time it is just making Chloe show her hidden feelings.
- Stargate Atlantis, where in one episode Rodney and a female soldier share Rodney's body between them. First she advances Rodney's social life by taking control of his body and kissing the woman he has a crush on. Then, at the end of the episode, she takes control again, but this time to kiss the man that she has a crush on, before undergoing the risky reversal procedure. This last caused squee overload for slash fans because onscreen it's just two guys kissing.
- Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis gets to kiss both female leads like this. The first time he kisses Teyla because he is losing his inhibitions due to transformation into a bug. Then while the two are acting as hosts to alien consciousnesses 'Elizabeth' kisses 'John'. Then she tries to murder him.
- My Babysitters a Vampire: Erica kisses Benny while under the effects of Benny's Love Potion. Benny is more than excited about this.
- Subverted when Ethan and Sarah almost kissed after being transformed into DUSK lovers, but returned to normal at the last second putting them in an awkard situation.
- Stargate SG-1: Sam kisses Jack in "Broca Divide" after turning into a cavewoman; every male character who kisses Hathor is under the influence of her weird breath. It happens more than just these times...
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this one a few times...
- "Band Candy": Under the influence of a spell that makes adults act like teenagers, Giles and Joyce listen to sixties music, smoke, rob a store, and oh yeah, have sex (though the last isn't confirmed for several more episodes). They're awkward around each other afterwards and apparently eventually decide That Didn't Happen; however, apparently the memory was a fond one for Giles, because when Joyce dies he can be seen mournfully listening to the same records.
- "Something Blue": Due to a botched spell by Willow, Buffy plans a marriage with Spike; the two act like lovebirds for the majority of the episode.
- "Tabula Rasa": Their memories wiped, Anya and Giles believe themselves engaged; the spell wears off during a sweeping dip kiss.
- "Once More With Feeling": A second case of Buffy and Spike Kissing Under the Influence... sort of. (Subverted when, a couple episodes later, they begin a sexual relationship.)
- "I Only Have Eyes For You": Buffy and Angelus are possessed by the ghosts of two dead lovers and made to kiss.
- Angel did this too, of course. In "Life Of The Party," Angel and Eve have sex thanks to an accidental magical incident. There's some Lampshade Hanging at the end, as Angel begins to explain, but Eve flatly points out that it isn't the first time she had sex under a mystical influence.
- Angel & Cordelia were possessed by spirits and almost had sex in "Waiting in the Wings" (you know, the one with Summer Glau in it?).
- "Bedroom Follies" (after After The Fall) had this happen to the AI team because Illyria was in heat, which affected the whole building. Spike got together with Laura, Angel with Kate (and Dez), and anything between Betta George and Polyphemus is left ambiguous. Meanwhile, Illyria tries to mate with Connor, but he refuses and it soon passes.
- Scrubs had a kiss between J.D. and Carla in season 4. Both were drunk and the morning after exchange was hilarious:
JD: It was a friend kiss, and we'll never talk about it to anyone ever!
[Elliot enters the room]
Elliot: What's going on?
Carla: JD and I kissed!
Elliot: What, like a friend kiss?
JD: CARLA! YOU'RE KILLING ME!
- The whole next episode dealt with the backlash from Turk (Carla's husband) and it was a major plot point about their marriage being in trouble.
- In Doctor Who, Rose, while possessed by Cassandra, kissed the Doctor. His response: "Yep. Still got it." (In a very squeaky voice with eyes glazed-over).
- Elena's younger brother Jeremy from The Vampire Diaries did a lot more than just kiss his crush when they were both high over the summer.
- The "alien orgasm monster" from the Torchwood episode "Day One".
- In the Farscape episode "Meltdown", Crichton and Aeryn are affected by fluids from Talyn that make them consumed with mutual lust. In one amusing scene they have to snog, frantically complete some essential repairs, then gratefully go back to snogging again (this example is actually playing with the concept, as John and Aeryn were already in an intimate relationship during this episode. Talyn's fluids just ramped them up into overdrive). Likewise an alien infiltrator increases everyone's emotions prior to draining them in "Twice Shy". Chiana's already considerable sex drive is increased, leading to her
almostkissing the (female) alien, cornering and attempting to flirt with Aeryn, and trying to forcefully 'recreate' with John Crichton on a table.
- Chase and Cameron in House during the episode where Cameron was emotional because she was afraid that she had HIV and she was under the influence. To elaborate — Cameron had just been exposed to some HIV-infected blood when the patient of the week coughed at her and, in a later scene with the patient, he encourages her to try some of his crystal meth stash. She does...and promptly jumps Chase.
- Pam kisses Jim early on in the second season of the American version of The Office. At the time, she's drunk on "second drinks" (melted ice mixing with leftover margarita).
- Subverted in Arrested Development. After drinking some wine, George Michael and Maeby make out, but the wine is fake. Gob had planned to use it in a magic tr... err, illusion.
- In the first season of H2O: Just Add Water all three girls kissed their love interests while under the influence of the full moon.
- First it was Emma who came under the moon spell during her father's birthday. She kisses her love interest Byron twice during this episode.
- Next it's Cleo, who has become a siren due to the moon spell. She and Lewis kiss at one point.
- Then there's Rikki, who loses control over her powers and escapes to Mako island. Zane finds her there while he is searching for the "sea monster" that he believes saved him. After they talk for a while, Rikki kisses him, which causes Zane to overheat and pass out since Rikki's powers are still out of control.
- In The Big Bang Theory episode, "The Maternal Congruence", Leonard's mother kisses Sheldon when she's drunk. Sheldon is quite shocked; she's not really impressed. Later, they agree to keep it a secret.
- There was one even earlier than that between Penny and Leonard. The first time Leonard's mother appeared on the show, she pointed out Penny's issues with her father, which caused her to be upset. Leonard goes over to her place to find her drinking rum mixed with Eggnog. (Though it was straight rum by the time he got there). The two got very drunk and made out. They would've had sex if Leonard hadn't ruined the mood.
- Happens once a season, actually. Season 1: After the Halloween party, Penny to Leonard. Season 2: After the aforementioned rum, Penny and Leonard. Season 3: Leonard's mother to Sheldon. Season 4: Amy to Sheldon. Well, there's two in Season 4 if you count Raj and Howard in "The Boyfriend Complexity".
- In Glee, Blaine (who is gay) and Rachel kiss while they are both playing a drunken game of spin the bottle. They both think there might have been something there, until Rachel kisses him again while sober. There wasn't.
Blaine: Yep, I'm definitely gay.
- Skins: Naomi and Emily have danced around each other for the entire season. They are at a party, both being three sheets into the wind.
Naomi: [Motioning between the bottles in her hand] So, what do you want?
Emily: [Completely mesmerized by her] Anything. Just give me a fucking... Just.. Just give me a... [leans over and kisses her. Naomi shows absolutely no resistance]
Naomi: Oh... [her denial catches up with her libido] It's only the drugs, right?
[The two start to make out like crazy.]
- In the Community episode "Mixology Certification" Britta and Jeff kiss in the back of his car after a night at a bar. They forget that Abed is in the car with them watching.
- In Green Wing, Caroline kisses four different people at her and Angela's party, after having 22 shots of tequila.
- Thanks to Morgana's evil plan, Gwen kisses Lancelot under the influence of a magic bracelet in season 4 of Merlin.
- In Doc Martin, Martin and Louisa kiss after drinking.
- Sliders: Maggie and every man she can get her hands on after being implanted with an alien egg intent on propagating.
- In Murdoch Mysteries, William and Julia share their first kiss (and very nearly go a lot further) after consuming most of a bottle of absinthe in an experiment to determine its effects in "The Green Muse".
- On The Orville, this becomes the plot of the episode "Cupid's Dagger" courtesy of a visiting alien's pheromones. It also comes close to completely ruining a delicate bit of negotiations, almost leading to a full-scale war.
- In the Friends episode "The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister", Chandler gets drunk at a party because he's upset over a recent break-up, and makes out with one of Joey's seven sisters - but on the next morning, he can't remember which one. He was so drunk that he also kissed Monica, Rachel and (apparently) even Ross.
- In Blazing Dragons, Flicker reflects a hypnotic spell onto Trivet, putting him into a trance where he believes he's really Princess Flame. When Sir Loungealot comes in to check on "her", Trivet tells him to stop stalling and get to "some action". Loungealot happily obliges with a big kiss, only for the hypnotism to wear off right then.
- Hilariously averted in Granblue Fantasy, Lamretta almost pulls this on the protagonist after getting particularly wasted in the Fate Episode of her R version, but her gut kills the mood.
- In Rin's route of Katawa Shoujo, Rin, high on codeine, wearing only an unbuttoned shirt and panties, lets Hisao into her room and eventually kisses him. Then she falls asleep and forgets about it the next morning.
- Man, chicks will do anything on Cuervo! They'll even lez out!
- Narrowly averted and played with in Misfile when Ash and Vashiel both believe they did a lot more than kiss. It turned out they just got so blitzed that they passed out and were put in the same bed to make it easier to keep an eye on them.
- In an early Sluggy Freelance strip, Zoe got drunk at a New Year's party and kisses a guy she's too drunk to recognize as Torg. Made doubly awkward since Zoe says "You're not like those jerks Torg and Riff" before kissing him.
- Cloudcuckoolander Izm and his friend A.E.D made out when they were drunk. Of course, this being Hedone High, it was never mentioned again.
- In The Order of the Stick, Belkar kisses V full on the lips after drinking 10 mugs of beer in 10 seconds. The one witness is sworn to silence.
- Steve and Mark in the opening arc of Khaos Komix. And then some.
- Implied to have happened numerous times in xkcd
- This trope is applicable in an update wherein an intoxicated Rose kisses Kanaya. Cue fandom flipout. However, it seems that they had basically been going out for a while beforehand, so it wasn't out of nowhere.
- In the Trickster Arc, Jane, Roxy, and Jake become intoxicated, after becoming Tricksters from a Spiral Sucker (which is likened to drugs). Roxy then proposes to Dirk and tells him to kiss her. After Arquiusprite recommends that he "just go for it," he nonchalantly acquiesces to do so.
- Happens in Rain between Fara and Heather, Heather and Jessica, and a one-sided version between Rudy (drunk) and Rain (sober).
- The Tobuscus video "How to Get Women" is a parody of Axe deodorant commercials in which Toby, upon donning Axe body spray, is constantly assaulted by women attempting to make out with him. This wrecks his life and drives him into therapy, but he refuses to give up the Axe.
- Happens a few times in The Fairly Oddparents. Timmy uses The Dark Side suit for this purpose on Trixie in "The End of the Universe-ity". He also tries in "Genie, Meanie, Miney, Moe", but it's though Norm. "You Doo" is a debatable example, while the dolls could control actions, there was no evidence it could change personality. A variation occurs in "Love Struck!", when Timmy puts a spell on himself so he can date Tootie.
- The chapter book Token Wishes also has Tootie using one of Timmy's wish tokens to make him kiss her.
- Happened in an episode of Jimmy Neutron where everyone fell absurdly in love with the first thing they saw.
- Kim Possible in its most memorable episode, "Emotion Sickness":
- A mood-controlling chip (the Moodulator) attaches to Kim and gets inadvertently switched to "Love," leading to her first kiss with Ron. Cue the Grand Finale's Relationship Upgrade!
- Shego is under the influence of the same device. In defiance of the usual "one-sided case" variation, Dr. Drakken spends the entire episode weirded out by Shego's mood swings and terrified by her actions when it's set to "very angry". The two only get an implied kiss.
- In an episode of Jonny Quest: The Real Adventures Jonny and Jessie get possessed by the ghosts of two lovers who murdered each other over a jealous spat. Hadji and another character convince the spirits to literally kiss and make up... while still in Jonny and Jessie's bodies. There's a brief awkward moment between the two after (the fact that they failed to notice the ghosts had left them for several seconds probably didn't help), but is passes fairly quickly. Jessie even teases Jonny about it later in the episode.
- In the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode "Night Terrors", Shaggy and Daphne breathe hallucinogenic fumes and end up making out and then snuggling, much to Fred and Scooby's horror. Daphne thought she was kissing Fred.
- In an episode of American Dad!, Roger and Francine attend a wine tasting together and end up kissing while drunk. Roger worries that this will destroy his newfound friendship with Stan, so he tries to engineer a similar situation with Stan and a random woman he claims is his girlfriend so they'll be even. Of course, Roger ends up destroying the friendship anyway by resorting to extreme measures to keep Stan from finding out.
- According to Kate Fox, the sociologist author of Watching the English, this explains all drunkenness. British people are too chronically shy to just say they like someone, instead they get drunk, (not accidentally but as a deliberate aim) then kiss under the influence. Either you end up in a relationship or you can claim you were kissing under the influence. This idea is supported by studies that show that people can still get drunk on alcohol-free placebos, getting drunk in order to behave badly, rather than behaving badly because they are drunk.