open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Peach Girl: When Kairi kisses Momo in the first episode, she reacts by going stiff and staring straight ahead in utter shock. Kairi thinks this means she liked it and tries to kiss her again but just receives a Groin Attack from Momo for his attempt.
- In Sonic X, episode 45, Rouge defeats Tails in the face-off using this as her secret weapon. Which is probably referencing a scene in Sonic Battle where if you lose a fight with Rouge, she kisses you.
Tails: Wh-wha?Rouge: Aww. You're blushing.
- In Neon Genesis Evangelion, Shinji found his and Asuka's First Kiss absolutely... breathtaking. But that was because she held his nose. His breath "tickled". He turns several interesting colors and stands stunned for a good half minute after she disengages, long enough for Asuka to conclude kissing is a bad way to kill time. During Asuka's Mind Rape, it's revealed that the kiss meant a lot to her and she was angry he didn't embrace her during their kiss.
- When Kurokawa spontaneously kisses Tomoe in Hinako Takanaga's Challengers, the latter is so stunned that he faints, mainly because he and Kurokawa are both men.
- Sana almost has an Heroic B.S.O.D. in Kodomo no Omocha, when Hayama steals her first kiss.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- This is used for Negi's second kiss with Nodoka, and it lasts at least until he meets up with everyone else again. He does this in several of the other Pactios as well. You'd think the shock would wear out after a little while.
- Negi induces it on Chachamaru in chapter 263, but that was extreme kissing.
- There's Asuna after the Kissing Terminator Incident.
- Paru-sama's infamous Nugi: "He boasts an impressive 23.5 centimetres!"
- It happens to Negi again in chapter 340 when Ayaka kisses Negi with so much force, that not only does it leave Negi twitching on the floor, but almost reverses the Pactio!
- Kakeru goes into this state in Onegai My Melody after he saves Uta from being kissed by Dar-chan — who possesses the Hiiragi brothers — twice; he pushes Uta away and takes the kiss in her place.
- In Hatsukoi Limited this happens to Megane-kun (can't remember his actual name at the moment) when Dobahshi makes the first move. In his defense, he had just worked up the courage to ask her to hold hands.
- Nagisa faints just from getting a kiss on the forehead from Shizuma in the first episode of Strawberry Panic!.
- It's perfectly understandable that D.Gray-Man's Allen would react like this when Road kissed him; last time they met she stabbed him in the eye.
- When we first see Urd on Earth in Ah! My Goddess, she's pretending to be the clerk at a drugstore (with a Naughty Nurse outfit on) when Keiichi comes in to buy cold medicine for Belldandy. When the camera angle changes, we see the real clerk on the floor, KOed, with a big grin on his face and a Lipstick Mark on his cheek.
- Sunako Nakahara of The Wallflower went into severe catatonia after her kiss with Kyouhei, and often doesn't even need another kiss to go into it again, now. All one has to do is mention something that sounds like the word "kiss" to send her into a rampage or a relapse of catatonia.
- When Ryo Saeba of City Hunter plants a kiss on the forehead of his true love and assistant Kaori during the second series finale, the only reaction that Kaori can muster is for her to blush, with her skin literally becoming RED HOT under the rain to cause steam to literally rise from her skin. Kaori is later bedridden with a nasty cold as a result but when she recalls that "moment", her skin yet again becomes RED HOT with a fever of 107.6.
- In chapter 75 of the Hajimete No Aku manga, Jiro is seemingly unaffected by Kyoko accidentally kissing him on the cheek. When Kyoko turns to him to demand he tell their teasing friends the kiss was accidental, he is still in the same position. Then, his legs give out.
"AAAH! SHE BROKE AKUNO!"
- Shichika from Katanagatari not only passes out after Togame kisses him, but also forgets everything he's ever learned about swordplay, which was Togame's intention. He reverts to the same dazed state when she offers to make him "forget" again.
- A rare dramatic occurrence happens with Ryo of FAKE, after the second time Dee kisses him (not counting the Fake-Out Make-Out). This is because Dee was unexpectedly intense, telling Ryo to "Never dismiss [him] again" after Ryo treated the first kiss as a joke and Ryo was taken off guard that Dee was "such a good kisser".
- In episode 7 of Princess Princess Yuujirou kisses Tooru to drive Sayaka away and after the kiss Tooru is shown to stare ahead with a shocked look on his face.
- In The Familiar of Zero Queen Henrietta offers Saito her hand to kiss, but Saito misunderstands what is meant by "kiss" and instead sweeps the queen off her feet in a deep embrace and kiss that leaves her stunned.
- In Macross Frontier Sheryl sneaks into the command center of the Macross Quarter to watch the test run of the "Ranka Attack". Someone asks where security is. Cue cut to said security guard, who is stunned into pure bliss by the kiss Sheryl planted on his cheek.
- In the manga version of Mysterious Girlfriend X, Urabe manages to do this to Tsubaki even though she only kissed the other side of her photo that he was kissing.
- During a flashback to Alma Torran in Magi – Labyrinth of Magic, Sheba literally melts when her lover Solomon kisses her on the forehead.
- Scrooge McDuck had this intentionally used to stun for a critical moment in The Prisoner of White Agony Creek. Goldie wasn't expecting it to become a rare case of mutual post kiss catatonia, though.
- Archie Comics: Archie Andrews.
- At the end of Astérix The Legionary, Asterix and Obelix get a Smooch of Victory on the nose from Panacea for bringing back her fiance Tragicomix. Obelix faints, but recovers in time for the ending banquet. Asterix on the other hand is seen sitting in a tree with a dazed expression.
- Happens several times in Kyon: Big Damn Hero, including once to Haruhi after starting a Forceful Kiss via Necktie Leash with Kyon and once to Kyon, whom Mikuru(big) kissed a few hours earlier.
- A very innocent example happens in The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain, when the title character kisses her self-appointed protector on the top of his head out of gratitude. He's stunned into silence.
- Chibi!Doctor seems to get this
- In Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns, Alistair goes through this after Gwen Cousland kisses him, right after the dwarven noble protagonist sets things up so that Gwen is at the door and hears Alistair ask him for ideas as to how to give Gwen the Lothering rose.
- Happens to Harriet Lily Potter at least once with much hilarity in A Butterfly Effect.
- Happens to Cassidy McGuire on Lyoko in Return To The Past NOW!
- Luso after Maria kissed him on the cheek in The Tainted Grimoire.
- Death Note Equestria has Twilight go into one of these when Fluttershy kisses her for the first time. Of course, this is her during her Memory Gambit — it's hard to say if Kira!Twilight would react the same.
- In "Dynamics of a Point", Beth Lestrade delivers an Armor-Piercing Slap to Sherlock Holmes and immediately regrets it. She apologizes with her first kiss to him, and he can only stare at her, shocked that she's furious with him one moment and then kissing him the next.
- In the Pony POV Series, after Private Running Gag saves the core cast of the Shining Armor Arc from a Hooviet attack squad by impersonating General-Admiral Makarov over the radio, his "just a friend, honest" Private Garnet Chambers gives him a Big Damn Kiss that freezes him up so much he has to be dragged onto the shuttle when the group evacuates the area (he also seems to not register Cadence promoting him on the spot).
- In Waking Nightmares, Derpy suffers a bit of mental burnout when Painis Cupcake (aka Soldier suffering from a bizarre mental affliction) smooches her. Seeing as Painis primarily interacts with others by trying to eat them, this exception is highly notable. They end up as a couple later.
Soldier: I am Painis Cupcake. I will smooch you.
- Shy and nerdy research wizard Ponder Stibbons gets this when Johanna expresses her fondness for him in Nature Studies. The idea that the attractive red-haired Assassin might be attracted to him has not breally gotten that far into his head, so when she kisses him for the first time...
- In the Jackie Chan Adventures fanfic The Ultimate Evil, the first Forceful Kiss given by Shendu to Valerie Payne leaves her so shocked that she can't make herself do anything to prevent him from escaping from the Tibetian temple with the Pan'Ku Box.
- After Shendu has told Valerie of the fate of Lo Mei and why he became attracted towards her, he kisses her and is slightly given in. After he leaves, she's shocked for a good while because of the revelations and her giving in.
- Happens to a filly Twilight when Shining Armor and Princess Cadance kiss her cheeks in "Twilight's First Day." It lasts for a couple seconds. Click here for more
- A downplayed example shows up in Slice of Souls! with Solaire after he gets a surprise kiss from Lady Maria.
- In Naruto: the Secret Songs of the Ninja, Hinata gives Naruto a kiss on the cheek as "a good luck charm" after he confesses his insecurities to her in the lead-up to his epic duel against Gaara. She blushes, stammers a goodbye and runs for it while he's left staring after her in shock, gingerly touching his face where she kissed him.
- This happens to Toji in The Second Try when Hikari gave him a kiss before the civilian evacuation. By the time Shinji and Asuka went home, he still hadn't moved an inch.
- Advice and Trust: Rei gives Kaworu a kiss under the mistletoe during the Christmas special. He is temporarily rendered incapable of thought.
Films — Animation
- In Bambi, this happens to the title character as well as his friends Thumper and Flower when they get "twitterpated" by their respective female mates. Unfortunately for Bambi, his catatonic state gets rudely interrupted by Ronno, a rival male deer who challenges him for Faline.
- WALL•E seems to go through one of these when EVE first kisses him, even if the "kiss" is an actual shock of static electricity...
- Mickey goes through one of these after he's kissed by Minnie on Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers.
- Generally, Disney has a few instances of these in their older cartoons.
- Stanley, the title character of A Troll in Central Park, overdoes it in response to a toddler kissing his nose.
- A hilarious moment in Toy Story 3 when Spanish Buzz kisses Woody twice on the cheeks.
- A hug-instead-of-kiss variation for Kung Fu Panda 2, when Po hugs Tigress.
- Hiccup momentarily freezes in How to Train Your Dragon after Astrid's "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Rango plays with this trope. One of the characters, Beans, has a "condition" that causes her to go catatonic (and amnesic) for a moment whenever she gets angry or scared. At one point, she goes catatonic, and then Rango kisses her on the cheek and quickly leaves, but she comes out of it smoothly and has full memory of what happened, showing that she was faking it.
- Rio After Jewel plants one on Blu, he completely blisses out for a few moments, his body going on autopilot.
- In The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, Quasimodo's Love Interest plants a chaste kiss on his forehead. The poor fellow then completely forgets to breathe, resulting in him fainting on the floor a few seconds later, his face still plastered with a blissful smile.
Victor: I hope it's not contagious.
- Aladdin: After his first kiss with Jasmine, Aladdin falls over backwards with a sigh, letting the Magic Carpet catch him.
- Another hug variation in Megamind. Obviously, since Megamind has never been close to anyone, he has never received any physical contact whatsoever. When Roxanne hugs him as Bernard, though, he is so stunned that he takes a moment or two before responding.
- In The Book of Life, Maria appears briefly disoriented after her Big Damn Kiss with Manolo. Considering the context, it's probably justified.
Films — Live Action
- This trope is used twice as a distraction in the 2008 Get Smart movie.
- The Goonies: Mikey being kissed accidentally by Andy in a cave while Stephanie is watching. Then Mikey walks dizzy afterwards.
Stef: (Andy has accidentally kissed Mikey) OK, you kissed. Now tell.
Andy: There's something weird.
Stef: What? What is it?
Andy: Does Brand wear braces?
Andy: (Stef bursts into laughter) Why are you laughing? Stef, it was beautiful.
Stef: Next time you kiss him, do it with your eyes open. It's a whole different experience.
- In Hitch, after Albert and Allegra kiss for the first time, Albert gets this huge grin on his face kind of wanders down the street.
- From In & Out, Peter unexpectedly kissing Howard. Peter even holds his arms for a bit afterward, like he's making sure Howard won't fall over.
- Meet Me in St. Louis has a rare female example. After John kisses Esther, she says something stupid and wanders back to her house in a daze with an idiotic grin on her face. When her mother says, "Your ice cream is getting cold," Esther dreamily responds, "Isn't it?" Then when her mother asks if there's something wrong with her, Esther thoughtlessly replies, "Yes, Mama," and then goes to say something, but stops. It takes her two youngest sisters mocking her to snap her out of it.
- In Woman of the Year, Tess has a form of this after Sam kisses her goodbye at the airport. She is clearly distracted when speaking to her aunt and secretary afterward, and she actually bumps into the door as she heads out toward the waiting plane.
- In My Girl 2, the title character shares her first kiss with her uncle's stepson just before she goes home from her visit. Afterward, the boy walks through the airport looking completely blissed out and dazed.
- The film Supergirl: Supergirl/Linda walks around in a daze for a while after Ethan kisses her after being put under a love spell.
- In Spider-Man it happens twice.
- After the first kiss between MJ and Spider-Man (Peter Parker), both are so gobsmacked at how good it had felt they go silent. They leave their mouths hanging open and eyes closed and MJ reverts to a blushing, giggling school girl.
- When the two kiss for the second time (MJ thinking it is their first, being ignorant to Peter's secret identity) they display the same symptoms.
- In the 2005 film Just Friends. Samantha James French kisses Mike Brander (who has a massive crush of her) to bribe him. As a result Mike faints from glee.
- The film Mask of Zorro. After Zorro beats Eléna in sword fighting and corners her he kisses her. Eléna is left speechless and looking flushed.
- In A Foreign Affair, Phoebe is so taken with her three kisses that she waltzes into the wrong room with a man there, wondering why she’s at the foot of his bed.
- In Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Marian Ravenwood kisses Sallah goodbye, he stands stunned for a few seconds, before smiling broadly and walking off set, boisterously singing, "A British tar is a soaring soul, as free as a mountain bird..."
- Harry Potter suffers pre-Kiss Catatonia in The Order of the Phoenix, getting scared stiff when Cho comes at him under the mistletoe (he's pretty stunned afterwards, but not so badly that he can't move).
- This takes on a much more sinister slant with how a person reacts after getting the Dementor's Kiss. Their soul is sucked out forever, leaving them an empty shell.
- In Order Of The Phoenix Hermione exploits this trope by giving Ron a kiss for good luck before his first quidditch match so he'll be too dazed for a while and won't notice the "Weasley is our king" badges the Slytherins are wearing to psych him out.
- In Deathly Hallows, Ron is described as being a bit starry-eyed (well, took a Bludger to the back of the head) after he and Hermione (finally) have a serious kiss.
- Piers Anthony has featured some examples of this in some of his series, as a side-effect of the general freak-out effect that exists in some of the worlds he creates.
- In the fourth book of the Percy Jackson series, Annabeth gives Percy a kiss as he goes off on a presumably suicidal mission. He sits there in a daze trying to remember his own name for a while until he hears approaching doom.
- The only account in Arthuriana of a woman donning armor has her pretending to be an attacking knight in order to startle her suitor out of his rapturous contemplation of her beauty.
- A strange woman meets Jerin's eyes in A Brother's Price, then lifts his modesty veil and kisses him soundly before scarpering. This has the effect of basically stunning him as he berates himself for letting a random woman kiss him and wonders if he's a slut. When Eldest sees him with his hand pressed to his mouth she assumes he's about to be sick. In the narration he says that yeah, mental illness might be part of it.
- In Smallville, Clark has the unfortunate habit of dumbly standing there after a girl kisses him, although the symptoms usually don't last too long.
- Maxima's kiss literally knock men into catatonia.
- In the Doctor Who episode "Smith and Jones", Martha is stunned when The Doctor gives her a kiss — but purely so he can leave some of his DNA on her lips to fool a baddie.
- The Tenth Doctor himself tends to go glassy-eyed for a few seconds when he's unexpectedly kissed — see "New Earth" and "The Girl in the Fireplace".
- The Twelfth Doctor has this reaction in "Dark Water" when Missy snogs the living daylights out of him. This being the Twelfth Doctor, his reaction is one of confusion and horror.
"Clara...is it over now?"
- Louie suffers a version of this in an episode of the sitcom Taxi, guest-starring Danny Devito's real-life wife Rhea Perlman.
- Done in small in an episode of The Nanny after Fran and Maxwell reenact a scene from Romeo & Juliet. Stunned, Fran stumbles all the way back down the stairs due to weak knees.
- In a episode of Cheers, Rebecca, in a the-hell-with-it moment (she had no genuine intentions), passionately kissed Cliff Clavin right on the lips. Cliff stood in the bar all night in a catatonic daze, muttering "Thank You" over and over...
- The Piemaker of Pushing Daisies is particularly prone to this. Not only does he freeze up when his girlfriend, whom he can't touch, manages to plant one on him, but his brain turns off at the mere mention:
Ned: You can't touch me.
Chuck: So a kiss is out of the question?
Ned: (long pause) ... I've lost my train of thought.
- iCarly: Freddie did this twice in iSaved Your Life, when Carly finally kissed Freddie on his bed, the show abruptly cuts into a commercial break. When the scene resumes, Freddie became stiff and wide-eyed as he and Carly continue kissing throughout the half-hour absence of his mother. In the extended version, Freddie was dumbfounded and even tased himself to prove that Carly had really kissed him.
- Chuck goes through this when Sarah unexpectedly pins him on the floor and kisses him in "Chuck Versus the Truth". (It was all for the cover!)
- This happens in one episode of The Practice between characters Helen Gamble (played by Lara Flynn Boyle) and Richard Bay(played by Jason Kravits) which recived the kiss from her.
- Lois and Clark: Happened to Lois after her first real kiss with Clark. So much so, that it took a frickin' car bomb to snap her out of it.
- Not exactly romantic: Whose Line Is It Anyway? had Mike McShane plant a big wet one on Brad Sherwood. It probably would've lasted longer had Brad not been buzzed out.
- In The City Hunter, Na Na freezes when Yun Sung unexpectedly kisses her in the second episode. She only snaps out of it when he then sticks a hundred dollar bill in her dress. A judo beatdown then ensues.
- Friends: After Chandler pleads for someone to kiss him for New Year's, Joey plants one just to shut him up, which stuns Chandler.
- The Brady Bunch
- Marcia meets and gets a kiss (on the cheek) from her teen idol, Desi Arnaz, Jr. The Tag showed her still walking around in a daze a week later, holding her cheek and wearing a huge dopey grin on her face.
- When Bobby gets his first kiss he sees skyrockets. Later he goes to her house and kisses the girl who kissed him to see if it repeats; it does.
- An adorable one on True Jackson, VP after True and Jimmy, while celebrating, accidentally kiss. He bashfully says goodbye and leaves. True waves goodbye and then faints after he leaves with a lovestruck grin on her face.
- On Castle, the titular writer and his muse are pretending to be a drunk couple in order to sneak into a warehouse to save Detectives Ryan and Esposito. To fool the look out, Castle draws Beckett into a long, steamy kiss. When the guard falls for it and turns around to go, Beckett whirls around and whacks him while Castle just stands there, too wowed by the kiss to even care. Then he mutters, "That was amazing" and Beckett gives him an awkward look, causing him to fumble and say, "T-The way you hit that guy, that was amazing."
- On Nick Arcade, the enemy space in Cape Cosmos had the Giant Smooch Aliens, who would slobber Mikey with kisses whenever he landed on it. And considering that they're NOT Green Skinned Space Babes...
- The Monkees: In "Monstrous Monkee Mash" a vampire's niece uses a necklace to seduce three of the four Monkees, all of whom have the exact same response of freezing in place and wonder.
Davy/Peter/Micky: What a kiss. I've never felt this way before.Lorelei: You fool, it was not my kiss, but the magic necklace!Davy/Peter/Micky: What a necklace. I've never felt this way before.
- Person of Interest. Detective Fusco gets a mild case after getting a Smooch of Victory from supermodel Karolína Kurková.
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: Arwin tends to have this reaction whenever Carey kisses him. One episode actually has everyone present surprised when he takes a kiss without fainting... for a few seconds.
- In the combined ending to the The Legend of Zelda Oracle games, Link goes into one of these after receiving a Smooch of Victory from Princess Zelda.
- Happens to Kirby in the Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards good ending, where Ribbon kisses Kirby. Cue the hearts that float into the sky.
- Miranda is rather confused after her first kiss with Renegade!Shepard in Mass Effect 2.
- In the Golden Ending of Undertale, during the "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue that plays over the credits, Undyne gives Alphys a kiss on the cheek. Alphys turns red and falls over, mashing the 9 button on her phone, mimicking a critical hit.
- In Yo-Jin-Bo, Sayori can give Ittosai a kiss on the cheek which turns him into a "moaning zombie" - and has a similar effect on the rest of the guys who are looking on.
- This happens a lot to Dave Jones of the webcomic College Roomies from Hell!!! early on, and it didn't require a kiss (though that worked as well), just seeing (or thinking about) any of the female characters in something sexy. The other characters called this phenomenon a "brainwarp".
- Gilgamesh Wulfenbach gets a mild form of this in Girl Genius, when Agatha on an adrenalin rush lays one on him. He's still with it enough to react to the imminent danger that shows up soon after, though.
- This was used as a battle tactic by a mind-controlled Mai Shiranui in this Captain Gamer: OOC strip (#68), to which the title character practically hangs a lampshade, monologuing, "Hormones. My greatest weakness!"
- User Friendly, starting here, including the next strip, and then continuing after a different story arc.
- In The Order of the Stick, both Durkon and Vaarsuvius are caught in a version of this after Belkar kisses V while in a drunk stupor on New Year.
- Vincent of Precocious stumbles around in a loopy daze after his puppy-love crush Autumn kisses him. Still leaves Vincent's love unrequited, though: Autumn just wanted her blackmail folder back.
- Faye falls victim in this Questionable Content strip.
- Vincent in Darius faints after getting a "Shut Up" Kiss from a vixen, telling him to pretend to have fun beforehand.
- Peanut from Housepets!, after receiving a (platonic-ish) kiss from Grape, who he'd nursed a crush on since ever. Not so much catatonia as motor function failure, but he doesn't mind.
- Occurs in Drowtales after years of Ship Tease between Faen and Ariel results in a Big Damn Kiss. Ariel is in a daze for a good page afterward.
- In Gunnerkrigg Court Kat suffers this briefly after a kiss from Paz.
- Happens in League of Super Redundant Heroes in these panels◊.
- A non-funny example occurs in Avialae, where Gannet literally loses consciousness during his first kiss with Bailey. In this case, it isn't actually the kiss itself that causes him to pass out but the "tightness" he feels in his chest turning out to be his chest/wing bindings being too tight. Bailey has to cut them open for him to regain consciousness, and subsequently avoids him for three weeks afterwards out of guilt/sheer awkwardness.
- The Amazing World of Gumball: In "The Party", Darwin helps Rachel clean up her home, where the party has been at (and all the kids had ruined it) before her parents come home. She rewards him with a kiss on the cheek, resulting in him crashing head first to the floor with a goofy smile on his face.
- Kim Possible: Ron falls into one of these when Kim first kisses him under the influence of the Moodulator.
- Code Lyoko: To wrap up the episode "XANA's Kiss",note Aelita gets this reaction when she kisses Jérémie. The others laugh at him while he's still frozen, since they realize (Odd especially) "He'll need some time to get over that one."
- It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown has the title character finally getting a shot at kissing The Little Red Haired Girl at the school Homecoming Dance. The kiss puts him into a hallucination-filled euphoria which ends with him waking up the next day, with no memory of what happened after the kiss. Linus informs him that, during his blackout, he was the life of the party, amazing everyone with his dancing skills. Charlie Brown is both disturbed by his "split personality" moment, and annoyed by the fact that he doesn't remember what was probably the greatest night of his life.
- It takes Katara a while to realize her "Shut Up" Kiss has ended on Avatar: The Last Airbender. She then spends several moments gazing after Aang, blushing madly, and has to be reminded they're in the middle of an invasion.
- And, in a scene that seems to be directly inspired by that one, in The Spectacular Spider-Man Peter stares after Gwen after she kisses him and runs off. After a moment he composes himself enough to whisper "Wow..."
- Darkwing Duck is so out of it after Morgana kisses him, he drives his motorcycle into a lamppost.
- In the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special, Baljeet induced this on a female friend named Wendy after he kissed under the mistletoe. This solidified his role as the show's resident Kid-anova, despite also being the resident Butt Monkey.
- Subverted on Sonic SatAM series. In one episode, it looks like Sonic has fallen to this after being kissed by Sally, but he gets back up and says he was just kidding, and that the kiss wasn't that great.
- He then "shows her what a real kiss is."
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Happens at the end of "My Dinner With Elmyra". After Elmyra plants a big one on Montana Max, he was left shocked and then went to his limo, saying to himself:
Montana Max: I think I'm in love.
- One episode of Codename: Kids Next Door had Hoagie turned into a teenager through mad science. Teen enemy Cree falls for him and after she kisses him, all he can say is "N-i-i-i-ice," even while his team mates are being attacked.
- Sheldon on My Life as a Teenage Robot plays this trope exceptionally well in the Christmas episode, especially since it wasn't even on the mouth, it was just a peck on the cheek. He is frozen in position then slowly and rigidly tumbles down the stairs.
- Happens to Spike in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic when kissed on the cheek by Rarity.
- Kris has a version of this after receiving a kiss on the cheek from future wife Jessica in Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town. He doesn't go exactly catatonic, but his eyes roll around in his head and he speaks like an idiot for a minute.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012):
Donatello: I LOOOOOOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!!!
- This occurs when April O'Neil kisses Donatello on the cheek for finding a retro-mutagen, leaving him with hearts in his eyes and babbling like an idiot before he faints...and then as an Imagine Spot that must be seen to be believed.
Donatello: I understand... nothing.
- Occurs again in the third season, where this time, it's on the lips. Donnie's reaction is priceless.
- In Motorcity, this happens to Dutch by Tennie in "Fearless." Then again to Chuck by Claire in "Mayhem Night."
- In the King of the Hill episode "And They Call It Bobby Love" Bobby has befriended an older girl named Marie, at one point they encounter a couch Kahn had thrown out and Hank and the gang were using, she tells him that people make out on couches and she kisses him as an experiment, after she's done he remains unmoving in the same position for several minutes.
- In Adventure Time Simon opens a portal to the past to say goodbye to his fiancée Betty, since he couldn't do that after he transformed into the Ice King. Betty decides she wants to be in the future with him and kisses him senseless after jumping through the portal. Simon faints.