Webcomic / The Boy In Pink Earmuffs
The Boy In Pink Earmuffs
is a webcomic about a ten year old boy named Danny and his friend JJ.
Danny recently moved into the neighborhood and the first boy he meets his JJ. Despite originally being turned off by Danny's campiness, JJ learn they have more in common than they expected. Danny gains a crush on JJ and romance ensues.
The Boy In Pink Earmuffs contains examples of:
- Bland-Name Product: Danny's younger sister owns a "Qwik Bake Oven".
- Bowties Are Cool: Danny casually wears a bow-tie even in the winter.
- Camp Gay: Danny likes pink, likes baking, and doesn't know much about a lot of stereotypically "boy things".
- Kids Are Cruel: Danny gets bullied around and thrown homophobic slurs by some neighborhood kids until JJ gives them an excuse about how his parents make him wear pink.
- The '90s: The webcomic seems to be in this period.
- Puppy Love: JJ and Danny haven't officially said they're a couple but JJ doesn't seem to dislike the idea.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Especially Danny towards JJ.
- Shout-Out: The fittingly titled post "Fraggle" features a panel of an Imagine Spot where JJ finds Red while underground. There's even an Easter Egg in the alt text where the word appears if the mouse is over her
- Wanted a Gender-Conforming Child: Danny's father hates that he wears pink and thinks he doesn't act masculine enough.
- As the most recent update shows though, it doesn't appear to be out of homophobia as he's actually fine with him and JJ.