The Boy in Pink Earmuffs is a webcomic about a ten year old boy named Danny and his friend JJ.Danny recently moved into the neighborhood and the first boy he meets is JJ. Despite originally being turned off by Danny's campiness, JJ learn they have more in common than they expected. Danny gains a crush on JJ and romance ensues.
The Boy in Pink Earmuffs contains examples of:
- Bad Liar: When JJ's mom asks him how he got all scraped up, Danny says he fell on his butt, his back, his head, and his butt.
- Bland-Name Product: Danny's younger sister owns a "Qwik Bake Oven".
- Camp Gay: Danny likes pink, likes baking, and doesn't know much about a lot of stereotypically "boy things".
- First Kiss: JJ gives Danny his. It doesn't go QUITE as planned...
- Kids Are Cruel: Danny gets bullied around and thrown homophobic slurs by some neighborhood kids until JJ gives them an excuse about how his parents make him wear pink.
- The '90s: The webcomic seems to be in this period.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia:
Danny: It's okay. These bottles broke my fall. You don't happen to have, like, 13 or 14 bandaids do you?
- Deconstructed for slightly dark laughs—turns out the top of a rock is not the best place to have this happen to you, as poor Danny learns after JJ kisses him.
- Later, it happens again when Danny's getting patched up in JJ's bathroom. This time, JJ stops him from falling and quips "maybe I should stop kissing you." Danny is immediately horrified at the idea.
- Puppy Love: JJ and Danny haven't officially said they're a couple but JJ doesn't seem to dislike the idea.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Especially Danny towards JJ.
- Shout-Out: The fittingly titled post "Fraggle" features a panel of an Imagine Spot where JJ finds Red while underground. There's even an Easter Egg in the alt text where the word appears if the mouse is over her.
- Splash of Color: Danny's pink earmuffs in most issues.
- Wanted a Gender-Conforming Child: Danny's father hates that he wears pink and thinks he doesn't act masculine enough. As the most recent update shows though, it doesn't appear to be out of homophobia as he's actually fine with him and JJ.