MAY THE FERB BE WITH YOU
On the Desert planet of Tatooine
lived two happy young moisture
farmers, who had absolutely
no plans of leaving or getting
involved in any kind of
Unbeknownst to them the Galactic
Empire had recently finished
constructing its ultimate weapon,
the DEATH STAR.
Meanwhile, having learned the
whereabouts of the Death Star's
plans, the rebels send their best
platypus agent to obtain them, in
hopes of finding a weakness.
And none of this is canon, so just relax.
"Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars" has the following tropes:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh laugh as Jim Cummings is allowed to improvise his voice cues for the Opening Narration.
- When Phineas is scanning the horizon with his binoculars, a Sandperson jumps in front of him, startling him (echoing a scene from A New Hope where a Sandperson ambushes Luke). When he drops the binoculars, we see Ferb waving a Sandperson puppet in front of Phineas. Phineas admitted that Ferb got him that time.
- Anachronism Stew: When Candace, Buford and Baljeet start having their Heel Realization, Buford uses Robin Hood as an example that not all rebels are bad people. Baljeet tells him that it still didn't happen.
- Always Someone Better: Isabella is bitter towards Han Solo ever since he cut her off in the Kessel Run.Isabella: Everybody loves Solo... "That Nerfherder cut me off..."
- Armor-Piercing Question: When Isabella claims to Han that she has "tons and tons of friends," she gets this response:Han: Yeah? Where are they now?
Isabella: (Beat) Well...where are your friends?
- Of course, she quickly gives him as good she gets:
- Being Evil Sucks: Actually inverted with Candace, but not Baljeet and Buford. The girl just wanted to be in the frontlines, but her commanding officer won't let her. The inversion is that she thinks she's a good guy.
- Big "Shut Up!": Phineas' reaction to Darth Ferb's invitation to join The Dark Side, although it's out of disbelief and amusement at what Phineas thinks is a joke.
- Black Comedy: The destruction of Alderaan is Played for Laughs twice, as is a Stormtrooper falling out of the Death Star and floating hopelessly in space.
- Buford found a great robe with one little gash laying around on the Death Star.
- Brainwashed: Ferb is turned into Darth Ferb when he is hit by Darthenshmirtz' Sithinator by deflecting a shot that was meant for Perry. He plans to do the same to Phineas after making some modifications to the Sithinator.
- The Empire also did this to their Stormtroopers, though Baljeet insists that it was just orientation.
- Break the Cutie: Phineas during his fight with Darth!Ferb. He doesn't understand why his brother is trying to hurt him, and Darth!Ferb is a more ruthless fighter. The latter disarms Phineas, destroys his lightsaber, and blocks his, Perry's, and Candace's attempts to fight back.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- Blatto gives a spoiler alert to Phineas and Ferb after they explain the weakness of the Death Star.
- After Darthenshmirtz escapes, he boasts that he can appear in the sequel. Previously, at the end of his musical number, he tells his Stormtrooper backup dancers to stay on their comms for a potential victory song in Act IV.
- Brick Joke: One of the imperial Mooks talks about getting a saxophone. At the end, he does.
- Call Back: Phineas references the (forgotten) events of the movie; Perry the Rebelpus apparently had a dual identity just like canon Perry, and was similarly exposed. Unlike in the movie, Phineas and Ferb did not end up having their minds wiped, and Perry evidently no longer lives with them.
- Also, just like in the movie, Isabella gives Phineas a Forceful Kiss at the end.
- Canon Discontinuity: Lampshaded in the Opening Narration, which explicitly says "none of this is canon, so relax."
- Chekhov's Gun: Candace uses the socks she got for Darth Vader as weapons to distract Darth Ferb. She laments not getting the larger pack when she runs out of socks.
- Child Soldiers: The Fireside Girls are allowed to fly out into the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin. That's how desperate the situation is for the Rebel Alliance. On the Empire side, Candace, Buford and Bajeet are fully armed Stormtroopers.
- Combat Pragmatist: Darth!Ferb. Though he does give Phineas a few minutes to upgrade his lightsaber, he immediately trounces other attempts to get the edge on him.
- Comically Missing the Point: How does Phineas react when he sees Ferb in a Darth Maul-esque apperancePhineas: Nice face paint.
- A very dark example occurs when Darthenshmirtz is angry because the value of the time-share on Alderaan in which he had invested money suddenly drops to zero. In the background you can see the Death Star ray go off.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: Both Isabella and Han get this when the rebels head out to do their Death Star run.
- Creator Cameo: In addition to their regular characters in the series, Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh play several voices in the episode, including two imperial officers who look like them, and themselves directing Jim Cummings reading the opening crawl.
- Dance Party Ending: With the cast of both franchises getting down.
- Darker and Edgier: By the usual standards of Phineas and Ferb. With the upgraded TV-G rating, this special had darker humor, got more crap past the radar than usual, had a noticeably high Fanservice curve, and is the first ever Phineas and Ferb episode to have a body count.
- Doomed by Canon: Alderaan.
- Greedo, leading to a joke about who shot first.
- Obi-Wan is killed off-screen. Buford later finds his cloak.
- Pretty much everyone on the Death Star.
- Dual Wielding: Phineas vs. Darth Ferb, with tricked-out lightsabers.
- Evil Brit: Guess which Flynn-Fletcher brother gets turned evil by the Sithinator.
- Evil Costume Switch: MY GOD Darth Ferb. Just, my GOD!!
- Exactly What I Aimed At: While Candice distracts Darth Ferb, Phineas throws his broken lightsaber in his general direction. It misses Ferb, but hits the Sithinator's Self-Destruct Mechanism.
- External Retcon: Turns out characters similar to certain Danville residents had important parts in the first great Rebel victory of the Galactic Civil War.
- Fake Crossover: Invoked almost verbatim at the end of the opening crawl with the following disclaimer:"And none of this is canon, so just relax."
- Fanservice: A pinup swimsuit sale ad, a dashboard hula dancer, and Twi'lek Vanessa (in an outfit with a Cleavage Window, to boot).
- Fetch Quest: Candace, Buford and Baljeet spend the first half of the special in a search for new socks for Darth Vader.
- Forceful Kiss: Isabella gives one to Phineas at the end, after checking to make sure they aren't related.
- Hero of Another Story: The special take place co-current with the original Star Wars (or Episode IV if you want to be technical) movie and has the P & F cast running across characters from the film while having their own little adventure.
- Heel–Face Turn: Candace, Baljeet, and Buford join the rebels at the end.
- Heel Realization: Candace, after being rescued by Phineas (remember that the two did not know they were brother and sister), realizes that she, Buford and Baljeet are not the "good guys" as they believed it to be. The destruction of Alderaan confirms this.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Doofenshmirtz falls into his own carbon-freezer.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: Never look a gift tauntaun in the oral cavity .
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Phineas vs. Darth Ferb. It doesn't work.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Isabella. But much like Han Solo, she changes her mind.Isabella: This is not a friendship, it's a spaceship. So don't invade mine!
- Improvised Weapon: Darth Vader's socks, by Candace, using rubble.
- Insane Troll Logic: When the Rebel troopers can't find the disc with the Death Star plans, one suggests blaming it on Jar Jar Binks with his partner pointing out the stupidity of that, noting that Jar Jar "retired 20 years ago."
- Insistent Terminology: It's Darthensmirtz's lair, not an old recycling platform.
Buford: Potato, tomato.
- Stormtroopers aren't brainwashed, they go through "orientation."
- I Owe You My Life: After Phineas saves Candace, she goes back to save him from Darth Ferb.
- Is the Answer to This Question "Yes"?: At the Death Star, one worker asks if the other wants donuts and the other asks if Darth Vader wears a funny hat.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Isabella, of all people. It makes sense when you consider that she is supposed to be Han Solo's Distaff Counterpart.
- Long-Lost Relative: Before the Death Star explodes, Phineas regrets not being reunited with his big sister who had left Tatooine when he was a baby. Only then Candace realizes that the young rebel is her brother, Phineas, and they embrace each other.
- Lower Deck Episode: Serves as this for the original Star Wars.
- May the Farce Be with You
- My God, You Are Serious: Phineas gets this reaction when Darth!Ferb offers him We Can Rule Together, and shows that he is not joking; Phineas had laughed and said that they needed to find Perry.
- Mythology Gag: In addition to standard references and lampshade hangings for the movies, Perry's personal starship bears a conspicuous resemblance to The Outrider.
- No Endor Holocaust: The Firestar Girls rescued all baristas, bank tellers, and bowling alley attendants of the Death Star, which may or may not be a Take That to a certain conversation from Clerks..
- No Ontological Inertia: once the Sithinator is destroyed, Ferb immediately becomes his old self again.
- Oh Crap!:
- Race Lift: Fantasic version. Vanessa showed up as a Twi'lek.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: The Death Star's reactor core trench is suggested as one, given that Darthenshmirtz built the initial prototype as a nutcracker. Appropriately, the Sithinator has a self-destruct trench.
- He really should have ray-shielded that.
- Shown Their Work: The scenes featuring the events of A New Hope are exactly like the ones in the movie. They were apparently rotoscoped.
- In addition, they seem to have a knowledge of the movies' universe, making references to various planets and races from the prequels and stormtroopers note are referred to by their designation number.
- Something Only They Would Build: Phineas notices that the upgraded Sithinator looks a lot like the vaporaters he and Ferb built.
- Sound-Only Death: While Vanessa is singing onstage, Isabella fires a blaster shot at her, at which point she's heard to stop singing as the music stops. Subverted, though, as she's all right—only her bantha horn was destroyed.
- Spared by the Adaptation: The Fireside Girls rescue the Death Star's entire crew before it explodes.note .
- Porkins is also okay
- In the post credits scene, Porkins has the banner fall on him. To be fair, he may have survived though.
- Tempting Fate: One Death Star worker makes a funny comment about Darth Vader's helmet and says there's no way Vader could have heard. Then it seems Vader was using the Force to choke the worker but it turns out the worker was just mocking his colleague.
- Tsundere: Isabella is a Type A for Phineas in this special.
- The Unreveal: Phineas is about to explain what happened to his and Candace's biological father before being interrupted by the Death Star blowing up.
- Visual Pun: Turning off the tractor beam is represented with an image of a farm vehicle.
- We Can Rule Together: Darth!Ferb offers this to Phineas, saying that they can join the Dark Side. Phineas laughs, up until Ferb shows he's not joking and will turn his brother by force.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never see Norm-3PO again after Perry disables him, raising the question of what happened to him during the destruction of the Death Star.
- Who Would Be Stupid Enough? / Answer Cut: When Phineas discusses the fatal flaw of the Death Star, Blatto asks "What kind of idiot would design that?" Cut to Darthenshmirtz trying, and failing, to use a water fountain on the Death Star.Darthenshmirtz: (as his helmet blocks the water) Ugh, why can't I master this?
- Worst Whatever Ever: After the Firestar Girls fail to persuade Isabella to join the Rebellion:"Worst rallying speech ever!"
"Shut up, Porkins!"
- You, Get Me Coffee: Candace hates being stuck on sock detail. Buford, on the other hand, admits that it's where his competence peaks.
- You Have Failed Me: Vader Force-chokes the officer who brings him a hoagie instead of socks.Vader: I find your lack of socks disturbing.