I'm Your Biggest Fan
"I know you hear this from, like everyone, but I'm your number one fan!"Stock gush over a major celebrity. If this is said by a minor character, expect them to become a Loony Fan (or Ascended Fanboy), though often it's a main character squeeing over someone else. "Number One Fan" is another common term. Sometimes linked to a visual gag where the person saying it is unusually tall or tiny. See also Ascended Fanboy and Straw Fan. If taken too far, it turns into an Abhorrent Admirer, or even worse, a Stalker with a Crush. When it's the hero, it is often said to an old, retired character — which can be a great shock to his own fans, who assumed that old man had to be insignificant.
— Rose, Alan Wake
open/close all folders
- Light's sister says this to Misa (a semi-famous model) in Death Note.
- Sailor Moon: the moment the Sailor Starlights show up and the girls get out their fan club membership cards.
- Jerry, the policeman from Kaleido Star. He says it before the main character had even been to her audition.
- Torakichi feels this way to Sakuraba in Eyeshield 21. Sakuraba really doesn't mind.
- Kurita to Onihei.
- And Monta to baseball outfielder Masaru Honjo, until he had to compete against his son in the Christmas Bowl.
- Skip Beat! starts out about a girl who has a major crush on her childhood-friend-turned-celebrity. That doesn't last long.
- In Avengers: The Initiative, Reptil freaks out and says this when he meets Cloud 9, saying he's got all her merchandise, from the action figures to the commemorative plates. Then he asks her to go to Homecoming with him. Yeah...
- Booster Gold, needing Sinestro to not do something to protect the space-time continuum, resorts to this. This stops Sinestro long enough for Booster to go squee over him, and persuade him that the time travelers who'd pointed him in this direction had actually been liars who were trying to get him to reveal his fears.
- Knives Chau is noted as this for Sex Bob-omb in Scott Pilgrim, although it gets worse.
- Juggernaut to Dazzler in an issue of The Uncanny X-Men.
- An issue of The Powerpuff Girls comic had the girls gushing over seeing their favorite cartoon heroine, Tess Turbine, in person. They find out this Tess-in-the flesh isn't what she is in the cartoon when a monster grabs her and she screams for help.
- What's New? with Phil and Dixie had a guy who proclaimed himself Magic: The Gathering's biggest fan, and proving by showing off his collection of sculptures of all 300 cards. So you can imagine his reaction when Phil tells him about the expansions that have come out since then...
Films — Animated
- The Incredibles: Early on, Mr. Incredible's Loony Fan Buddy declares, "I'm your number one fan!" Mr. Incredible tells him to get lost: "Fly home, Buddy. I work alone." It doesn't end well. When Mr. Incredible meets Buddy again, Buddy has become a dangerous villain named Syndrome, bitter and obsessed with revenge against Mr. Incredible.
- In Mulan II, Li returns the lost paper fan of one of the princesses and makes a joke based around the rather lame obvious pun.
Films — Live-Action
- Fans Anonymous. Alice Dobbs to Newton Coleman.
- In That Thing You Do!, the drummer from the Wonders meets his favorite jazz musician, and he's so awestruck that he blurts out, "You're my biggest fan!"
- Misery is built on this, a writer is nursed back to health by an obsessive fan, and the fan turns out to be The Sociopath.
- In A Muppet Family Christmas, Kermit's present to Piggy is a mink. To her surprise, it's a live mink from Joisey named Maureen. Piggy starts to get angry, but then Maureen declares herself Piggy's biggest fan, leading her to decide it's a wonderful present.
- Doctor Who:
Fifth Doctor: Who are you?Tenth Doctor: Take a look.Fifth Doctor: Oh. Oh, no.Tenth Doctor: Oh, yes.Fifth Doctor: You're... Oh, no.Tenth Doctor: [smugly, nodding] Here it comes, yeah, yeah I am..Fifth Doctor: [sighs] A fan!Tenth Doctor: Yeah... [beat] What?...Tenth Doctor: What do you mean a fan? I'm not just a fan, I'm you-Fifth Doctor: OK, you're my biggest fan.
- In the episode "The Unquiet Dead". The Doctor to Charles Dickens. Bonus points for having to explain to Mr. Dickens what the term "Fan" actually means.
- In the mini-episode "Time Crash":
- Happens in Drake & Josh, apparently.
- Penelope, from The Amanda Show. She loves Amanda...
- The titular character of Frasier gets the "Number One Fan" line in one episode.
- On Night Court, Judge Harry is a huge fan of Real Life singer Mel Torme, but makes an utter fool of himself every time they bump into each other.
- And a young fan gushes this repeatedly over a pop star in Dollhouse after winning an internet contest to spend the evening with her. She's actually Sierra, who's been programmed with the personality of an adoring fangirl to serve as Echo's backup on a mission to secretly protect said pop star.
- An episode of CSI featuring Rascal Flatts as guest stars had a girl hold a piece of evidence they needed (a guitar one of the band was using at the time of the crime). Her room is plastered from wall to wall with Rascal Flatts memorabilia, and she isn't happy when they have to take the guitar.
- Jesus Christ Superstar:
Mmm, I am waiting,Yes, I'm a captive fan,I'm dying to be shownThat you are not just any man...
- Used in the song My Name is Trouble, by Nightmare of You:
So this is the last time that I'll hold your handI want to kiss you on the mouth and tell youI'm your biggest fanI'm your biggest fan
- Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi": 'I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, Pa-pa paparazzi'
- Stan by Eminem: Definitely an example of a Loony Fan.
I know you probably hear this everydayBut I'm your biggest fanI even got the underground shit that you did with ScamI got a room full of your postersAnd your pictures manI like the shit you did with Ruckus tooThat shit was radAnyways, I hope you get this man,Hit me back just to chatTruly yours, your biggest fanThis is Stan
- "Wear My Hat" by Phil Collins:
Well later on that day this guy came to meWith a scrap of paper in his handHe said, "Hey buddy, can you sign your name for me?"I said, "Why, do I owe you money?" He said, "No"I said, "Listen pal, do I know you? Have we ever met?Why do you want my name on this little piece of paper?"He said, "I love you,I don't know you but I love you,Like my brother I love you,Put your arms around me 'cos I love you"I said, "Hey let's not rush things."
- Tori to Sable, turned out Sable wasn't so great
- Mickie James to Trish Stratus, which was fine until Mickie decided she wanted to be more than Trish's fan. Then wanted to be Trish. Amazingly enough they did patch up their friendship eventually.
- Rory Mondo to "Sick" Nick Mondo, going so far as to pattern his entire career around Nick's.
- Rosa Mendes to Beth Phoenix, whom Beth didn't want around but Santino Marella convinced her to tolerate Rosa, for a little while.
- It turned out TNA valet Brittany was a big fan of Madison Rayne. Rayne didn't like having Brittany around though, even more so since she tended to ignore any helpful advice Rayne gave when she tried to be nice. So Brittany went to Gail Kim with the same line, who wasn't nearly as adverse to Brittany's presence. But soon Brittany went back to bugging Madison Rayne.
- In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, if you complete the Arena sidequests you get your own Adoring Fan. Who indulges in this at every oppotunity. You can even have him follow you around and turn him into an Ascended Fanboy (well if being a handy-yet-annoying, portable, immortal torchbearer counts as ascension).
- In The Sims (first game) once you had Studio Town, your Sims could both tell Studio Town characters "I'm your biggest fan!" and, if they had accumulated some fame of their own, be told so. They would also get a Loony Fan.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Ferrus, a massive train fanboy, says this to Alfonzo, your engineering instructor at the beginning of the game. Then he realizes Alfonzo isn't all that he's cracked up to be.. Aww, shucks.
- Kimmy Howell in the sequel to No More Heroes says this to Travis. In fact, she trains herself to be strong enough to take Travis out just to prove it.
- Rose to the main character in Alan Wake. She even has a life-size cardboard cutout of him from the promotion of his last book.
- This phrase is displayed word for word in Hotel Mario when Mario discovers a giant fan in one of the hotels. *Groan*
- Used in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, with Velma towards the Hex Girls. At one creepy instance even claiming she would die for them.
- Used even earlier, in A Pup named Scooby Doo, in the episode titled "The Computer Walks Among Us". There is a boy, called Bruce, who claims to be Velma's biggest fan. Scooby immediately goes all "Ahem, ahem" which makes Bruce stand corrected and say he's Velma's SECOND biggest fan. It's not sure whether or not he's sincere about it, though, as later he turns out to be the one who tried to frame Velma for thefts she didn't commit - only because he was fed up with being second to her all the time.
- Danger Mouse episode "The Dream Machine"
- Sponge Bob Square Pants. The title character to Kevin.
- Said by Sonic in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog when he meets Sketch Lampoon.
- Kim Possible: Kim's cousin to Kim in the episode she first appears in.
- At first, Kim likes it, until she started to know too much about her life. It turns out to be a sort of defense mechanism because she's not happy with her so-called "boring" life.
- Irving in Phineas and Ferb, to (who else?) Phineas and Ferb.
- When Captain Marvel first meets Superman on Justice League Unlimited, he wants to tell him this. They don't get on well.
Captain Marvel: I'm Captain Marvel, sir, and it is an honor. You're my biggest fan...Superman: Excuse me?!Captain Marvel: I—I mean I'm your biggest fan! Sorry sir, it's a little overwhelming, meeting you.
- Pepper Mills of Histeria often said this to the historical figures she met (whom she was always mistaking for pop cultural celebrities).
- Harmony in Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi ("I'm your number one fan").
- In Animaniacs, Dolly Parton said this to Brain from Pinky and the Brain, and added "what do you say to that?" Brain responded by saying "I'd say puberty was inordinately kind to you."
- Zack the "Fifth Turtle" from the 80s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Katrina Rad is a Loony Fan of The Problem Solverz, especially Roba.
- Scootaloo from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic idolizes Rainbow Dash. In "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well", we even see she's the head of a Rainbow Dash fan club.
- On Tiny Toon Adventures, Babs told Honey (Bosko's girlfriend), "I'm your biggest fan." Honey denied it and presented a large hand fan.
- Beetlejuice: In "Poe Pourri," Lydia simply gushes like a fangirl when B.J. introduces her to Edgar Allen Poe.
- Chessie the Autograph Hound on The Cattanooga Cats.
- Sebastian claims to be this to the Trendbenders in the Generator Rex episode "Rock My World". He not only considers himself their biggest fan, but their only genuine fan, as he liked their original stuff, which no on else has ever heard. He ends kidnapping them in an attempt to force them to go back to their roots.
- An episode of House of Mouse has Donald being pestered by a black-and-white cartoon character named Dennis the Duck, who says he's his biggest fan. In fact, he's the president (and only member) of Donald's fan club.
- Kate and Allie from Grojband claim to both be Grojband's #1 fans.
- For a healthy dose of Harsher in Hindsight, remember that Mark Chapman greeted John Lennon this way.
- Stephen King's wife was surprised one night by an obsessed fan. She left and called the police, so it turned out well, but a darker version of the story appears as some of the basis for Lisey's Story.