This is the character sheet for Crucible (Mass Effect) and its companion stories.
Original tropes applied in canon to the in-game characters can be found here. For this page, please use only examples from the fic itself.
Beware of inherent spoiler tropes!
Jane Shepard VakarianThe hero of the Reapers War, mate of Garrus, mother of Gaius and daughter of Sam.
- Abusive Parent: Her mother was quite abusive and eventually gave her up right before she died. Sarah did love her daughter, though, but the drugs were stronger and the pressure on the widow was too much.
- Action Mom: She starts fighting again sometime after Gaius's birth and still got it.
- Affectionate Nickname: Her deceased father used to call her Baby-Doll. Once she gets some of her memories back, he starts to used that name on her again.
- Daddy's Girl: Back when her dad was still alive. She still is but just doesn't remember it for now.
- Happily Adopted: Was adopted by a nice old lady until her death. Now by being married to Garrus, she is officially a member of the Vakarian clan and they make sure to remind her of the fact.
- Happily Married: To Garrus. They do have their disagreement on things but they're definitely happy together.
- I See Dead People: She can see things that people are not suppose to see since she is Death's daughter.
- Mama Bear: Do not touch her kid or her husband.
- Missing Dad: Her father died when she was only two. He is still around, but not in that form.
- Parental Abandonment: Her dad died when she was young and her mother was pretty abusive until she gave Jane away to a kind neighbor before died from overdose. Her adoptive mother then passed away when she was thirteen and Jane's been alone since. Then it turns out her father's still hanging around her all the time and do his best to protect her.
- Psychic-Assisted Suicide: One of her power thanks to her Divine Parentage.
- Semi-Devine/Supernatural: Physically, she's 100% human, but being Sam's daughter means that she's much more in tune with the unseen-able along with some other powers.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She takes strongly after her father with didn't help her grieving mother at all.
Garrus VakarianShepard's mate, father of Gaius, son of Avitus and Karidimi Vakarian
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The hormone from being a first time father really don't help much either.
- Doting Parent: He is very good with taking care of their newborn that it actually causes Shepard to doubt her ability as a mother.
- Berserk Button: Try to harm, touch or even looks wrong at Jane is enough to make him go into rage. The same goes for their Little Bird. Naturally, after Tali's attempted-and-almost-successful kidnapping of the kid, just mention her name is enough to push this button of his.
- Happily Married: To Jane. He did work very hard to get the proposal coming out.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He was really jealous of Andrei the first time they met seeing how the man were very close to Jane. At one point, he even attacked the guy just because he hold her shoulder.
- Panicky Expectant Father: His pregnant lover was kidnapped right when she's in labor (and a premature one at that), anyone would have to freak out from that.
- Papa Wolf: Knowing what had/would happen(ed) to Gaius. He is extremely protective of his son. Don't stay too close or attempt to hold the child if you're not a relative, don't run toward him while he was holding the baby and don't ask him to leave the kid to go out for a bit because he's not going to take any chance again.
Gaius Mordin VakarianThe newborn son of Garrus and Jane.
- Affectionate Nickname: His parents call him Little Bird. Quite appropriate considering he chirps and squeaks a lot.
- Babies Make Everything Better: His existence makes his dad thought over about his own relationship with Avitus. He helps bringing his parents closer to the North thus giving his mother a family, he also brings both side of his families together and not to mention he is very adorable too.
- The Chosen One: Is chosen to be Trebia's champion.
- Children Are Innocent: He is still too young to understand anything so even near-death experiences didn't slow the kid down at all.
- Distressed Damsel: Justified since he is, you know, a baby. But seriously, the poor kid's suffered 4 attempts of kidnapping from before to after he was born.
- Big Damn Hero: Jumps down a cliff to save Gaius by using himself as a cushion.
- Cool Uncle/Honorary Uncle: Starts to call himself one for baby!Gaius after he saves the little guy from certain death. Judging from the vision of a future where Gaius is very attached to Mrs. Bun Bun, his favorite toy from Kaidan, this will become true.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Still has feeling for Shepard but decides to cheer for her and Garrus. Ends up being an uncle for their kid too.
- FaceHeel Turn: She knows her aunt has committed some crimes but still giving her warning about Garrus and Avitus's investigation.
- And later outright kidnapped the newborn baby of her friends.
- Her Alt. Self was the one who who overlooked the last experiments on the hybrids.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Believe that her aunt has nothing but good will even after Raan is caught for kidnapping pregnant women for experiments. And she actually believed that that her aunt will just "take a look at baby!Gaius" and then returnees him safe and sound to his parents if she convinces her hard enough.
- Back from the Dead: Was restored by Tristan which also give her a new personality and outlook.
- Came Back Wrong: Was brought back by Tristan but despite having all her original memories, she has become a different person after re-installing her emotion programs.
- Happily Adopted: At the end of Crucible, she and Tristan adopted The Catalyst as their son and called him Jeffrey.
- Second Love: Tristan is this for her. Even though she remembers her time with Joker, her reboot after the Crucible's firing has turned her into a different person and now she believes that human and AI are incompatible.
The rest of the crew
Adrien VictusThe current Primarch of the turian, father of Tiberus and lover of Miranda Lawson
- The Atoner: After Miranda's near-death experience with Cerberus, he determines to make it up for her (and to win her back).
- Dogged Nice Guy: Toward Miranda after she was rescued from Cerberus.
- Like Brother and Sister: Considers his relationship with his deceased wife and Titus to be this.
- MayDecember Romance: With Miranda. She's in mid-30s while he's at least around 50s.
- Papa Wolf: Alt.Adrien broke an Asari merc's arm into several pieces after she trying to kidnap Tiberius.
Miranda LawsonMother of Tiberius and lover of Adrien
- Affectionate Nickname: Adrien calls her "Miri" which is used only by those closet to her.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Suffered form this at the hands of Paul. Thankfully, Tib and Garrus came in time to save her and pay back in full.
- Doting Parent: The moment she knew Tiberius was her son, Miri started to act extremely protective around him. Considering the fact that she's always wanted a child of her own, this's hardly a surprise.
- Drugs Are Bad: She did some before to know enough about them so now she's trying to make Tiberius quit his addiction.
- Hot Consort: By the end of Crucible, she's Adrien's, the Primarch of Palaven, wife in all but name.
- Mama Bear: She would do anything for Tiberius.
- Of Corsets Sexy: At one point after deciding to get together, she wears one to seduce Adrien to put him to sleep as a part of her escaping plan to somewhere safe for her baby, away from his uncle.
Marcus AtiliusAvitus's and Victus's friend. An open-minded man with charming personality.
- Berserk Button: Hurting children is a good way to piss him off.
- Cool Uncle: To his favorite nephew Gracas. He is the only one supporting the young man's relationship with a human woman. Later reveal to also be this to Perdita.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Was first appeared in the flashback/Alt.Future scene during chapter 13 but had to wait until chapter 21 to make a full character's introduction.
Sappho TitusAn adviser of Victus. She was also his and his wife's lover before the latter's death.
- Bi the Way: Sleep with both Victus and his wife during their youth.
- Cool Aunt: As a vision revealed, she will become this to Tiberius.
- Jerkass: Sneak into Victus's family and stole his position as a father for Tarquin.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite this, she genuinely love Tarquin and Savica and is showed in the vision of the new future to be a loving aunt for Tiberius.
- Mama Bear: In the vision of the new future of Crucible, she was showed to be quite protective of Tib, even looking at him wrong will agitate her.
Avitus VakarianFather of Garrus, mate of Kari and son of Kadisa
- Action Dad: He is Garrus's dad so don't underestimate him.
- Overprotective Dad: Doesn't take the news that Solana has a suitor very well.
- Papa Wolf: As per the North's tradition. They take care of their family no matter if it's a human or a hybrid.
- Staking the Loved One: Had to kill his own father when Makerm possessed him.
Tropes associated with Alt!Avitus Vakarian
Karidimi VakarianThe real mother of Garrus and mate of Avitus
- Barrier Maiden: Was hooked up to a machine to keep an ancient weapon from firing. She finally got free thanks to the Ad Astra crew.
Solana VakarianAvitus's second and youngest daughter.
- Back from the Dead: Was killed but came back at the cost of someone else's life. Someone likes August Marius.
- Pretty Little Headshots: Got one when trying to protect a sedated Shepard. She was brought back to life thanks to her father and Herz.
- Secret Keeper: Know who is her and Garrus's biological mother but kept silent about it as her father asked.
Kadisa VakarianAvitus's mother. The Almighty Matriarch of the Vakarian clan.
- Iron Lady: It's Garrus's grandmom, what do you expect?
- Never Mess with Granny: She's maybe old but certainly no weakling. Just ask Garrus on their first meeting.
- Mama Bear: She's extremely protective of her family. Later deconstructed when Jane and Garrus was forced to leave little Gaius with Avitus to go on an important mission and Kadisa doesn't take this well. She considers it to be a betrayal and almost set-up a clan war to fight for the custody right despite both the child parents're still alive.
The rest of the Vakarians
- Demonic Possession: Garrus I was possessed by Makerm thus forcing his eldest son Avitus to kill him.
- Eye Scream: Garrus II. He lost one eye from his possessed father's attack years ago.
- Large Ham: Grentus. His very first appearance is to run in the house while screaming LADIES! I have come to kickasses!.
- My Biological Clock Is Ticking: Sabia is really worrying about herself being too old to have children.
Sheor MakasianFather of Kari, Avitus's father-in-law and Illessia's husband.
- Determinator: His weapon broke while fighting in the Arena? Nope, that won't do at all. Gotta break my fringe (which, to turians, is akin to a Groin Attack) to use it as a weapon.
- Doting Great-grandparent: Little Bird certainly has taken quite a liking to him.
- Heroic Bastard: Was the result of his mother's affair with a much older, married man.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A bit hot-headed and rough around the edge but he's certainly put his family on top of everything.
- Overprotective Dad: Tried to kill Avitus with an axe when he heard the news that Kari, his obedient daughter is pregnant, by a boy he disliked, before marriage no less. Good thing Avitus's dad jumped out to stop him or Garrus would be born without a father.
- Raised by Wolves: Was raised by his mother in isolation for a good part of his childhood away from people. His wife even describes him as "half-wild".
Illessia MakasianMatriarch of the Makasian, mother of Kari and mate of Sheor.
- Chekhovs Gun Man: Is first mentioned by Amata in a flashback and takes a couples of dozen chapters later to make an appearance.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Andrei judges people on their abilities and wills, not on their background, which is exactly why Sam chose him to be his daughter's first mentor.
Sarah ShepardThe deceased mother of Jane.
- Abusive Parent: She neglected Jane to the point the girl was basically raised by their neighbors even before Sarah gave her up. At one point during one of her fits, she cut Jane's hair and slapped the child for not obeying.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu?: She fell in love and married the Psychopomp of her universe. He did reveal who he was to her back when she was still alive but it wasn't until her death that she fully believe him.
- Drugs Are Bad: Was forced to use drugs by Dr. Swan as part of the "job" to have money for Jane.
- Eternal Love: A variation of this trope, she's dead but as her soul isn't going to return to the cycle anymore, she has eternity to be with her husband.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: She fell in love and busted her future-husband out of the hospital when it made clear that he would be used as a lab rat.
- Give Her A Normal Life: Gave her daughter away to protect the child from herself.
- Good Parents: What she actually is to Jane. Sarah's willing to ask Sam to let go of Swan so her daughter doesn't have to do it and can move on with her life despite the fact that her trauma is still affecting her.
- Hikikomori: A mild version. Due to what happened to her before her death, Sarah is now very reluctant to leave her place inside Sam's real body and only does so when she needs to help her husband.
- Together in Death: With her husband.
- Troubled Abuser: She did love her daughter but the influence of the drugs, the pain each time she saw how much Jane looked like her husband and the pressure of being a Sex Slave for a bastard doctor stop the woman from controlling herself.
Vitius CrassusAn old friend of Avitus who is awaiting his first child, Nim, whose alternated version is a member of Ad Astra.
- Henpecked Husband: Despite being older and a merc at that, even him has to cower in front his wife.
Herz/TrebiaHerz is the mortal form/other half of the star Trebia and was one of the main conductors for the plan of creating the Hybrids to fight again the Aegrus billions years ago.
- Eternal Love: With Makerm, she didn't just give him power but also tied his existence to her. And since she was a star, it was a given that they would have a very long time together.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Her eyeballs are total black with dots of stars inside them like the universe.
- Mama Bear: She's protective of her children enough to manage to caught Death off-guarded and temporarily sealed him for a couple of years.
- The Omniscient: As her original self was a star, Trebia's times exist all together in one moment, leading to her seeing pasts, presents and any possible future all at once. Herz, however, is limited to only seeing everything at the present.
MakermHerz's husband and the father of the 4 men that the Vakarians and Ultraos clan descended from.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu?: Married to the living incarnation of a star.
- Eternal Love: With Herz, the two's existent are tied with each other and as long as one of them still alive, the other cannot die.
- Friend to All Children: Has a soft spot for children, especially little girls since they reminds him of Koria
- Insufferable Genius: Gaius calls him out on this and Makerm agrees since he has power and skills to back up for his confidence.
- Knight Templar Parent: Koria's death prompted his quest to bring every turian, in and out of the North, under his rules.
- Noble Demon Ruthless as he is, Makerm is have his own codes to follow.
- Papa Wolf: He's very protective of children.
- World's Strongest Man: Thanks to Herz, he's the most powerful man in existent, inside and outside his species.
KoriaHerz and Makern's youngest and only daughter. Died a long time ago and now was bounded to her mother to be able to remain in the living world.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Her ghost is trapped by her mother in its child-liked state. Probably to not remind her of her trauma before her death.
- Daddy's Girl: Being his favorite child, Koria certain knows how to wrap him around her finger. This later played for drama when her tragedy turned him to what he's today.
- Driven to Suicide: Drowned herself in a fit of insanity.
- Rape Leads to Insanity: Has gone insane after being kidnapped and raped when she was alive as a teenager.
The Bare-faced Turian/Lord Samikis/Sam ShepardA strange turian who seems to just appear and disappear out of anywhere and any time. Later revealed to be Death but you can just call him "Sam"
- Berserk Button: The only time he loses his cool is when Dr. Swan is mentioned. That's how much he despises the man.
- Beware the Nice Ones: You don't want to mess with someone who can calmly threaten an Eldritch Abomination and taunting it like it's nothing.
- He also has a hidden sadistic streak that shows when it's implied that he regularly visits his victim, makes the man begging to die only to deny it with some more Mind Rape.
- Creative Sterility: Being the one at the end, he can't create the life. The only time he managed to do that, he was being sealed in a mortal form.
- Doting Parent: A supernatural doting father with a side of Knight Templar Parent and a healthy dose of Manipulative Bastard. He maybe dead to her and cannot be with her directly, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't give her the best chances in everything.
- He's been manipulating Jane's entire life so she could become what she was today. He led Andrei to Jane so she can have a good mentor. He gave her and Garrus a chance to meet and fall in love because he knew the Vakarian enough to know they would ensure her happiness. He lured her to Alchera for her to die to receive special nanites that will protect her from the Aegrus. And that was just the short version.
- Eternal Love: By keeping his wife's soul with him and not let her reincarnating, he'll basically be together with her until the end of this universe.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: His real form is something that look like a living black smoke that vastly expand over the universe but most of the time, he takes the form from the same species of whoever he's talking with. At one point, Shepard even sees him rapidly change to several different forms from undiscovered species.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has green eyes with streaks and spirals in his pupils in all of his physical forms. It represents his otherworldly nature. His child inherit the same color but not the exotic designed parts.
- Guile Hero: You will be surprised by the scale of his plan and how everything will just have to go his way whether they want it or not.
- Happily Married: To his wife, Sarah, Jane's mother.
- I Have Many Names: He has many names or at least nicknames given to him by mortals. The turians usually call him "The Trickster" and a few other less-than-polite tittles while the batarians call him Samikis. Based on this that he and his future-wife came up with his most recent name Sam Shepard.
- Large Ham: Love to make an entrance and leaving big impression on people.
- Loophole Abuse: He is bounded to certain rules but the guy's really good at bending them to his advantages such as having his wife acting in his stead since his agreement with his employers doesn't mention it.
- Later he complied Sarah and Jane's wish of releasing Swan, but as they didn't specific which one, he only released the one in the present while keeping the other one in the alt.timeline in his prison.
- Naked on Arrival: When he first came to in his sealed form, he was totally naked.
- The Omnipresent: He is more spread out than what he appears. The physical form he uses to talk to people is just how he pokes a part of himself in to have a look around. Imagine a rubber sheet covered with sand and stretched out flat. Poke a finger upwards and the sand shifts but the mat will still be at full stretch. That's sort of what he is like. Later expand to be Omnipresent in two different twin universes
- Papa Wolf: You hurt his family, he will give you a Fate Worse than Death.
- Psychopomp: He is some kind of a doorman, a shepherd for souls, making sure the deads go to where they suppose to be, the energy flows to the right direction and "turn off the light after all has stopped".
- Sealed Death In A Can: Was sealed by Herz for a couple of years into a mortal form when he tried to take Koria to the afterlife.
- Smoking Is Cool: His trademark, never without his cigarette. When someone describes him, they usually include the phrase "Smoke like crazy". It the first clue to the readers when there is the mention that Jane's father smoked a lot too.
- Strong Family Resemblance: His human form is basically a male version of his daughter and sister with the red hair, strong jaw and slightly crooked nose.
- Tranquil Fury: Calmly delivering a horrific punishment onto his enemy with a smile on his face.
- Walking Spoiler: See all the spoilers above?
Lady Ouhil/AuntyLord Samikis's twin sister and the watcher of Life. Her job is to bring souls to be reborn into the living world.
- Big Brother Instinct: Annoying that she is, Pallin constantly emphasized that he loves his sister very much.
- Happily Married: With Anne in the future as near the end of "Crucible" has revealed.
- Groin Attack: Accidentally receives one from Anne.
- MayDecember Romance: One of his reasons for not go in to a relationship with Annr. He changes his mind later, of course.
Anne HarperA young, strange woman with the ability to fight against Indoctrination. Was originally an experience of Cerberus but was rescued by Ortha and unofficially adopted by him and his crew.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ortha calls her "Poppet".
- Happily Adopted: Was rescued and raised for a time by Ortha until she moved to the Citadel.
- Mysterious Waif: Has some strange abilities that allow her to hear indoctrination and save people from its influence.
- Happily Married: With Venari in the future as near the end of "Crucible" has revealed.
- Nice Girl: Very innocent, gentle and nice.
- Shrinking Violet: She's very meek and shy due to being raised as a lab rat in isolation until recently. She later become more confident and was able to express herself better.
- Supreme Chef: At least with dextro-food. Any turians come across her cookings would always have to throw some lines about how good they are. The only exception was Leila and it's only because she was in her Jerkass and alien-hating state.
Marcus CraxiusThe owner of the restaurant Anne's working for.
- My Sister Is Off Limit: Quickly get a subtle one from Pallin but only time will tell if that will stop him from getting to know more about Leila
- Annoying Younger Sibling: An older than usual version but still counts.
- Jerkass: Was extremely rude and overbearing when she first appeared.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: But after her mess with her husband is solved, she's starting to open up, become nicer to Anne and even help her brother mends his broken relationship with Anne.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Much to her brother's chagrin.
- Your Cheating Heart: Not her but her husband. He cheats on her with an Asari which lead to her dislike of other species.
- Morality Chain: His love for her has changed him a lot, but that still doesn't stop him from trying to kill people who dare to cross him (namely messing around with his little girl).
- Over Protective Dad: Isn't very happy with the fact that some bastard is playing around with his Poppet. Poor Pallin.
The Alternative Future - Beware *MAJOR SPOILER* due to Interference's 3rd timeline
Alt.Gaius Mordin Vakarian/SidonisA future version of baby!Gaius. Due to all the tragedies that happened throughout his life, he is now a bitter, broken man that's looking toward to his end.
- Affectionate Nickname: Just like their counterparts, Alt.Jane called him Little Bird. Even when he was a grown man and she came back to him briefly as a ghost.
- Break the Cutie: From an innocent, gentle child to a harden, cold-blooded man who has no hesitating in destroy a whole species.
- The Casanova: Had his fair share of "friend with benefits" before he married Amata. He actually usually used them as a replacement for her through which, apparently, made the girls bullied Amata even more. Not so much nowadays due to his devotion to his deceased wife.
- Celibate Hero: After his wife's death, he never gets close to any woman again.
- Chick Magnet: Women throw themselves at him on regular basic.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Chase away any potential suitor of Amata and ended up damaged her self-esteem and her trust in his faithfulness greatly.
- Crusading Widower: Like Amata said before dying, Gaius will not just stop with her killers' deaths.
- Death Seeker: He's really looking forward to the end but with a life like that, who could blame him?
- Happily Adopted: Was raised by Sidonis and his wife after his mother's death and his father's abandonment.
- Happily Married: He and Amata certainly enjoyed their life together with some fights now and there.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Tiberius even since the first time they met during their youth.
- Hypocrite: Got called out a lot about the fact that he slept around freely but tried to prevent Amata from doing the same.
- I See Dead People: He constantly sees Amata's ghost which he assumes to be some kind of hallucination from his insanity.
- Jerkass: Was quite a jerk toward his love rivals and Garrus after the truth came out.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: But nevertheless was still a good man. To a certain degree...
- Kid from the Future: He tried to hide the fact but it still accidentally came out.
- Lady Killer In Love: Sleep around a lot but is obsessively in love with Amata from the beginning.
- Love at First Sight: Fell for Amata on their first meeting back when they were young.
- Medicate the Medium: Only him can see Amata's ghost so naturally, his family thought he's gone nuts and were forced to confine him in a hospital until Zaeed busted him out.
- Momma's Boy: He loves Shepard very much and would do a lot of things to please her.
- Papa Wolf: You touch Amata or his kids and you won't come out alive. Just ask Alt.Aria or the whole Quarian race.
- Rescue Romance: How he met Amata.
- Stalker with a Crush: Toward Amata in the beginning which she called him out on it.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: No matter how much he denied it, in the end, just like Sidonis said, Gaius still wanted Garrus's love and acknowledgement.
- Why Can't I Hate You?: He's very conflict about his feeling for Garrus. On one hand, he resents his father for abandoning Shepard and him; on another, he still want to be loved by him no matter what. Eventually, Gaius comes to term with it once he watches the vid Alt.Garrus gave him and understands that Garrus's never stopped loving him.
Tropes applied to Gaius in Interference
- Creepy Child: Thanks to the memories from the old bad future and the merging of his older soul to the younger one, he switches between being an innocent child and a ruthless veteran.
Alt.Tiberius VictusGaius's best friend, son of Adrien Victus and Miranda Lawson. He wanted to save his mother from her fate, even at the cost of his existence in the new timeline. Luckily, he would get to be born albeit may a little bit later or so.
- Berserk Button: His button is any mention about the Quarian, hurting Amata and his friend or insulting his parents.
- Big Brother Instinct: Toward Amata which was why he even threaten to beat Gaius up if he continued his way.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He flirts with everyone from his friend's mom to grandmothers. But being a skirt-chaser like that actually made him messed up his relationship with Emillie and has to carry the guilt for the rest of his life.
- Functional Addict: is addicted to Red Sand due to his shitty life but still quite good with his duty. Of course, Miranda thinks otherwise and is trying to make him quit.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Gaius for all their lives.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The results of his Taking You with Me choice.
- Lady Killer In Love: Is in love with Emi but being a lady killer as he is, he just doesn't know how to deal with it and ended up cheating on her.
- Momma's Boy: The biggest momma's boy in the series. He absolutely adores Miranda.
- Papa Wolf: Very protective toward his parents.
- Taking You with Me: How he kill Mira, gets a hold of her and impales both of them onto a spike.
- Torture Technician: Know these kinds of skills pretty well since he's hunted his parents killers in the Alt!Future. And gives Paul a exact taste of what he's done to Miri in the present before burned the bastard alive.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Has a inferior-complex toward his deceased brother Tarquin since he believes he could never be a just as good son in their father's eyes.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Emi with Mira, which is a plan on Mira's part to separate him and Emi.
Alt.Lantar SidonisAn older, wiser version of Garrus's old comrade-turned-traitor who seek a better future for the hybrids
- The Atoner: Still trying to make up for his mistakes in the past.
- Happily Adopted: Acting as Gaius's surrogate father from his birth and eventually officially adopted him when Shepard died.
- Happily Married: To his wife Kate until her death. He almost didn't survive it had Gaius not came back just in time.
- Older and Wiser: The years and his responsibilities had changed him a lot.
- Parental Substitute: To the crew members and many orphaned Hybrids in the past.
Marcus VespilloA long time friend and comrade of alt.Gaius. They met back in their days in Mondala where the two fought to protect and care for the weaker children until their parents arrived for the rescue.
- Big Brother Instinct: Has a strong protective nature to children, especially young girls. This trait of him's been there ever since he was young, protecting his sister Lily when the two were forced to live in Mondala.
- Friend to All Children: Another obvious trait that would follow his Big Brother Instinct.
- Nice Guy: His main trait.
- Connected All Along: Turned out to be the future son of Proteus/Alice, the couple appeared during the Garrus and Avitus's investigation of missing interspecies-pregnant women.
TristanThe A.I. of the Ad Astra.
- Happily Adopted: He and EDI took in The Catalyst at the end of the first series and named him Jeffrey.
- Happily Married: To EDI by the end of Crucible.
- Second Love: He's this to EDI as she still remembers her time with Joker but has changed her personality and opinions due to reset.
- Happily Married: To Jack. They did have a fall out because of Emi's death but got together again sometime before his death.
- My Beloved Smother: She wanted Emi to be strong as a turian should be and wasn't very please with how her daughter turned out.
- Mama Bear: Harsh as she was, she certainly love her children.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Karas is strong, aggressive while Jack is very shy and gentle.
- Rescue Romance: She started to take interest in him after he saved her, later she returned in kind after save him from an Attempted Rape and they just took off like that.
JakusAn Engineer and one of the only 3 turians of the crew.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: Kills himself after gets infected.
- Cool Old Guy: One of the older members of the ship that others look up to.
- Happily Married: To his wife Kikyo.
- Together in Death: Kikyo came to him at his final moment.
The rest of Ad Astra
- Connected All Along: Locasa was reveal near the end of Crucible to be Anne and Venari's daughter
- Happily Married: Max and Locasa
- Heroic Sacrifice: Jack, Graxius, Caius
- The Medic: Mikis, Atheme, Locasa
- The Mole: Atheme
Alt.Amata Zahkarov SidonisDaughter of Andrei and Gaius's deceased wife.
- Abusive Grandmother: Her grandmom was originally a kind woman but has turned abusive toward her granddaughter due to some mental illness.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: It doesn't even begin to describe the Nightmare Fuel that was her death.
- Happily Adopted: Not officially but she was taken in by the Kynes. Jack Kynes was basically her father in all but name.
- Happily Married: With Gaius and thus it's destroyed him when she died.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: She is still hanging around her husband despite the fact that she should move on a long time ago. Lucky for her, Sam has a soft spot for his family.
- The Medic: Acted as a doctor during the Aegrus War.
Alt.Emilie KynesKaras and Jack's oldest daughter who died before the series. She was also Tiberius's girlfriend until he cheated on her with Mira.
- Brain Upload: It's actually brain copying, Virtual Emi is see as a different person yet in a way is still the same Emi to a certain degree.
- Even the Girls Want Her: At least, Mira certainly does.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Both her real self and her virtual copy do this in the present and Alt.Future.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Was the Tomboy to Amata's Girly girl. She actually into more feminine things like ballet but had to hide it from her mother since Karas wanted her to be a proper turian.
Alt.Jack KynesA genuine scientist who has a huge contribute in many new technologies that affect the main plot ranged from the nanites, the AIs to the Normandy's creation.
Alt.Jane ShepardFelt betrayed by Garrus, Shepard became a single mother who raised Gaius while still maintaining her job as a Spectre. She and Garrus eventually got together again and was planning to start their new life together until she was suddenly killed.
- Broken Bird: Even more so than in-game with the all the betrayals and burdens shoved onto her.
- Good Adultery, Bad Adultery: Her relationship with Garrus later is this. Consider that openly sleeps around while still in a marriage isn't considered as something bad in Turian society (unless you're neglecting your duties because of that), her adultery can be called as good. Doesn't stop her from feeling hurts about it, though.
- Good Parents: A great mother for Gaius. She continues to be one even in death.
- Happily Married: In the oneshot Bottle, she's married to alt.Garrus.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Saved her son and died in the process. Alt.Gaius's never got over it.
- The Mistress: Became this for Garrus once they got back together (he was still married to Perdita). It did trouble her a lot.
- Wicked Stepmother: Completely averted as she's a far more better mother to Hadrian than the kid's biological mom.
Alt.Garrus VakarianDue to him drowning his sorrow at the wrong place and wrong time, Alt.Garrus is now in a loveless marriage with Perdita. He won't give up on Jane that easily though.
- The Atoner: He tried but it just wasn't enough.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: A teenage Gaius came to see him but since many other people were there that could destroy his plans, Garrus had to driven his son away with harsh and terrible lies. This event scarred both of them for life.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Even before he knew who Mark actually, he's already hated the guy's guts just for dating Jane.
- Fatal Flaw: His habit of trying to handle everything by himself and not asking for help or explaining it. Many of the troubles would not happened if he had the sense to talk to others about it.
- Good Adultery, Bad Adultery: He didn't love Perdita but married her out of duty for Hadrian (and because Alt.Jane refused him and asked him to do so). His sleeping around wasn't considered to be a bad things either. And finally when he got back with Alt.Jane, it was viewed as a good thing for both of them and little Gaius.
- Good Parents: He moderately succeed of being one for his second son, Hadrian but fail to be so for Alt.Gaius due to circumstances. Until halfway of Interference where the Bad Future turn into a new timeline.
- Kick the Dog: At one point, he was forced to make a 6-year-old Alt.Gaius fight with a Krogan because a sniper was aiming at the child from afar.
- New Old Flame: With Shepard. The flame has never faded, just gotten covered by many complicated things. And he tried his damn best to make her taking him back too.
- Your Cheating Heart: Slept with Perdita to forget his sorrow from Shepard's apparent death. Thanks to that, everything went straight to hell. Later in his loveless marriages with Perdita, he also slept around to blow off steam (It wasn't that unusual to do so in Turian society where political but open marriage are the norm). Eventually he got together back with Alt. Shepard while still hadn't divorced.
Alt. Adrien VictusLosing his Primarchship to general Marius due to his relationship with Miranda was revealed, Victus is now a father single for Tib while working on bringing rights to the hybrids.
- Berserk Button: Touching his son will result in a epic beat down from him. He once broke an asari merc's arm for trying to kidnap the kid and in another time, he beat a krogan to death with his bare hands for hurting his son.
- Good Parents: Toward Tiberius which is why the Hybrid love him so much.
- Papa Wolf: Just like main counterpart, Adrien is very protective of Tib.
- Action Dad: Just like his counter part, he still had it in him to kickass.
- Papa Wolf: For his family he can endure a lot of things.
Mark Jones/Henry ThomasShepard's new boyfriend. Later turned out to be a member of project Lazarus and now is responsible for the making and distribution of special devices that can kill hybrids
- Mad Scientist: He developed the nanties for Jane from Jack's blueprints, but when he realized that the hybrids were created by them and came to believe that the new species is the Reapers', he decided to find a way to 'fix' them.
- Would Hurt a Child: He tried to kill Gaius just for being existed and had performed deadly experience on hybrid children before.
- Yandere: He fell in love with a comatose Jane during Lazarus projects and has been obsessed with her ever since.
Appius MariusPerdita's cousin and one of Marius's victims in the past.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He obviously cares for his cousin Perdita. Still not make him any less of a bastard.
- Jerkass: Forcing alt.Garrus to make alt.Gaius fight a Krogan or he will kill the kid (or the krogan) just for shits and giggles.
- Would Hurt a Child: Readily to have a child and a teenager killed just to force them entertaining him.
Hadrian VakarianThe son of Garrus and Perdita, younger brother to Gaius.
- The Baby Trap/Shotgun Wedding: He was the mean to bind Alt.Garrus to Marius.
- Big Brother Worship: He worship Gaius and and just want to be with his big brother.
- Cheerful Child/Nice Guy: His main trait as a child to adulthood thanks to alt.Garrus's positive influences.
- Happily Adopted: By Jane in Interference once she marries Garrus.
- Parental Neglect: He loves his mother but their relationship was horrible as Perdita rarely took care of him, instead spent her days drowning in sex, alcohol and drugs. Thankfully in Interference, Jane becomes his new, far better mother that he happily received and adored.
Mira SimmonsThe Big Bad from the same Alt.Future of the Ad Astra crew.
- Alpha Bitch: Even back when she was young.
- Big Bad: The one that caused many tragedies in both future and present.
- Bi the Way: Sleeps with men and was "in love" with Emi.
- Combat Tentacles: She injected herself with the Aegrus cells and gained them as a result.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Mira puts Aegrus cells into her own body with the hope to gain powers and control over the Aegrus, but judging from all the noises she keeps hearing and trying to block out, she isn't in as much control as she thought at all.
- Femme Fatale: Beautiful and extremely dangerous.
- I Love You Because I Was Beaten By You In One Fight: How her obsession with Emille started.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How she met her end.
- Stalker with a Crush: She stalked Emi after the latter beat her in a fight. It was actually more of a case of "Wanting to have and win things that are stronger than you" to be honest.
- Screw Destiny: Believed that being suffered and enslave is the fate of the Hybrids and want to escape it. Too bad that her methods involve domination and rule over everything with an iron fist, and she will stop at nothing to archive it.
- Übermensch: A firm believer in this. She hated people like Amata or Tiberius since she viewed them as weaklings.
- Would Hurt a Child: As long as she got what she want, nothing will stop her. Nothing!
The Aegrus and their Queen
- Eldritch Abomination: Even more so than the Reapers. They cross between dimensions, eat and convert everything in a universe and then repeat the cycle in another world. A single touch from them will turn you and they can be born from anything giving enough time.
- Their Queen even more so. It has the size of Sol Its speak will give you nosebleed just from hearing it speaks.
- Another one of them acts as a transporter between universes, so gigantic that its size is about the whole Sol system, not to mention it's currently trying to chew a hole through one world to another.
- The very first Aegrus was create by a single being consuming the whole planet it was on, then the moons and planets around it until the egg, which was the size of a sun, hatch into a queen.
- Extreme Omnivore: They eat everything from organic to non-organic materials.
- Planet Eater: The obvious conclusion for a race that will eat everything.
- The Corrupter: Everything they touch will be converted into more of them. The only ones who immune to them are the Hybrids. Shepard, Miranda and Jack turned out to have the same ability thanks to their customized nanites.
- Last of Her Kind: The Aegrus Queen was originally the last surviving member of a species in her universe. Because of her despair and loneliness, she modified the virus that has destroyed her kind and infected herself with it in hope it will resurrect them, turning her into the first Aegrus.
The CultistsNormal people in the alt.Timeline that were infected by the Aegrus. Now acting as their loyal servants to help them crossing into this universe.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: They're the Aegrus's slaves who still keep their original forms.
- Kill the Cutie: A little batarian girl was taken along the ride with her mother into the past, while her mother busily do the digging for Mira, the child was left slowly starving to death.
August MariusA racist, power-hungry turian who while disgust with the Hybrid, want to control their powers and moving himself up in the Hierarchy. He managed to become the Primarch in the alt.timeline after dethroning Victus by using the man's relationship with Miranda. In the same timeline, he was Garrus' father-in-law.
- Abusive Parent: A sexual abusive kind. He didn't spare the children of his relatives either.
- Domestic Abuse: Abused his wife to the point she killed herself to escape him. After that, he used Perdita to replace her.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Being paralyzed while still sees and feels everything while his enemy's ripping his heart out is a pretty terrified way to die. And he totally deserves it.
- Pædo Hunt: Molests his daughter, nephews and nieces. Their parents know but couldn't do anything about it to bring him out.
- Would Hurt a Child: Has no qualm in raping children, separating young hybrids from their parents and turning them into killing machines at all.
Perdita MariusThe reach-and-flexibility recon scout from Garrus' past. She was also his unwanted-wife in the alt.timeline.
- Love Martyr: Her relationship with her father. She was abused horribly by him but still love and fear him enough to follow him and was shaken visibly by his death.
- Mama Bear: A pedophile she is, her alt.self love her own son enough to not touch him.
- Pædo Hunt: Has a sexual preference toward young boys thanks to her father's "teaching". It does terrify her and she try to stop it through alcohol and drugs. It didn't work in the Alt.Future.
- Parental Incest: Was used by her father as a replacement for his wife after her death. Later her alt.self molested her step-son.
- Parental Neglect: Alt.Perdita loves Hadrian but was quite neglect of him that alt.Garrus basically was a single parent in raising the child.
- Shotgun Wedding: Her marriage with Garrus in the Alt.Future and a loveless one at that which further her abuse of drugs, alcohol and nasty behaviors.
- Relationship Sabotage: Tries to seduce Garrus. He does fights back but one Mistaken for Cheating scene happens and almost costs him his son and Shepard. The guy never even want to see her face after that.
- Tragic Monster: Was raped by her own father which cause her to become a pedophile. Her Alt.Self tried to to fight her urge by pushing Gaius away through abusive behaviors but still ended up molesting her step-son through the influence of drugs. Her son was taken away from her and she chose to imprison herself in a hospital for the rest of her life.
- Unwanted Spouse: To Alt. Garrus, they can barely tolerate each other and he even made sure that he will never have another child with her.
- What Happened to the Mouse??: Present!Perdita is last seen mourning the death of her father but no mention about her after that, and we all know she still has her "problem" with children. Later it showed that her uncle, general Atilius has taken her in and is seeking treatments for her trauma.
Dr. SwanAm immoral doctor who was the cause of Jane's mother's abusive behaviors. Currently he's in his "special prison" that Sam made for him with the latter often visits to torture him for kicks.
- And I Must Scream: Received a Fate Worse than Death from his old patient. He was made to get into an accident that rendered his whole body paralysed but his mind and senses were still completely intact, he was also often forced to endure tortures from Sam, and this has been going on for more than 20 years! And just for extra spiciness, Sam's not even sure if he should release the guy after Sol's burned out or just let him live for a little longer!
- Evil Is Petty: He destroyed a young mother's life just because she blew up his chance of performing illegal tests on a man.
- Mugging the Monster: More like Raping The Monster's Wife, with said monster decided to punish him in a long, most horrible way possible.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Forcing a widow to be his Sex Slave as a revenge for her rescuing one of his patients.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Definitely not if you have to live in his situation. Jane later begs Sam to release Swan but Sam being himself, he only releases the Crucible!Swan while the Interference! was still there.