edited 3rd Apr '13 8:57:11 PM by Prime_of_Perfection
- Power: Low for Votul, since his desire for it is purely pragmatic for the mission; moderate for Delana due to background and needing it for her dream.
- Independence: High for Votul (see Chaotic Good), low-moderate for Delana.
- Curiosity: Low for Votul, High for Delana (due to her interest in scientific pursuits) * Acceptance: High for both but for different reasons (Votul's insecure about his worthiness to Delana, she wants her family to be proud),
- Order: Low to Votul (Chaotic Good), moderate to Delana (order is a means to an end, refer to Neutral Good)
- Saving: Not sure if this is about money or saving other.
- Honor: Moderate to Votul (Votul's code is informal), Mid-high for Delana
- Idealism: High to both (Votul still tries to cling to it despite his pursuit being the root cause of his pain)
- Social Contact: Low to Votul (like much of his flaws, likely correlated to PTSD), High for Delana
- Family: Low for Votul (his is gone and has been since he was young) high for Delana
- Status: Low for Votul, high for Delana (background)
- Vengeance: Non priority for both.
- Romance: Low for Votul (complex combination of being practically "A" barring single target, insecurity regarding worthiness, and his focus on the mission which feeds into the previous), high for Delana (has been wanting Relationship Upgrade for 3 years and is trying to slowly nudge him in that direction)
- Eating: Low for both.
- Physical Exercise: High for Votul, moderate for Delana
- Tranquility: Low for Votul (doubts he's ever going to find inner peace due to his traumas, nightmares, etc), high for Delana.
- Name: Delana Orion
- Gender: Female
- Appearance: 5'6", long blonde hair (down to about the navel), Innnocent Blue Eyes, all the dimensions of an ironing board.
- Age: 18
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Personality: Out going, charasmatic, energetic, and highly sociable. Is quite The Gad Fly, taking harmless humor at pressing the right buttons. Also stealthly a pervert capable of some pretty raunchy thoughts.
- Background: Heir to a very powerful (financially and politically) family that can best be described as "white nobility" (basically the family leans strongly to Lawful Good).
- Relations: Both parents (father 43, mother 40) are alive and Happily Married. Has a 14 year old younger brother who's just started puberty. Her 2nd closest bond is with him, as she's very protective of him, which unfortunately causes a major misunderstanding (which she eventually apologizes for later after the eventual Heel–Face Turn) when she discovers him with one of the antagonists; a Broken Bird Dark Magical Girl (a dangerously powerful one at that despite her True Neutral alignment) Anti-Villain (type 2) who unbeknownst to Delana considers him both a Morality Pet and her only friend (at heart she's not a bad person so much as heavily rejected and lonely. Delana's bond doesn't stop her from considering her brother a favorite target for her friendly spirited "trolling"/teasing, which is made easier by his shy nature and recent puberty.
- The Chick AND The Smart Guy
- Covert Pervert (Capable of saying some pretty rauchy things. Also some degree of blur with The Gad Fly below since its hard to tell if its her being a pervert or her enjoyment of playfully pushing people's buttons for lulz.)
- The Gad Fly
- Guile Hero (mainly use of political power and scientific knack)
- Knight Templar Big Sister: Mild case and it does cause mistakes.
- The Medic
- Neutral Good
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Votul's blue.
- Team Mom
- Victorious Child Hood Friend: With the hero.
edited 7th Jun '13 2:00:46 PM by magnum12
Relevant tropes are:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is she a Woobie caught up in a web of horror? A closet Sociopathic Hero waiting for an opportunity to get her kicks? A gutless wrench? You decide.
- Anti-Hero: Starts out as a Classical Anti-Hero. What she is post-redesigning is a matter of dispute.
- Ax-Crazy: When sufficiently stressed.
- Badass Longcoat
- Cool Shades: Jet-black Ray-Ban Wayfarers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yes.
- '80s Hair
- Fiery Redhead
- Guile Hero: Is cunning enough to play Krieger at his mind games.
- Limited Wardrobe: Most of the time, she wears a green leather trenchcoat, a white tank-top, extremely tight blue jeans, and sneakers.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: A Darker and Edgier Molly Ringwald.
- Not So Different: From Klaus Krieger.
- Red-Headed Hero: Though hero may be stretching it a bit.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sociopathic Hero: By the middle of the story, she can be seen as this.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Post-redesigning, but she gets better. Maybe.
- Unreliable Narrator: She's the narrator of the story, and given her mental health issues, everything that happens is suspect.
edited 9th Apr '13 1:22:20 PM by ConnorBible
edited 12th Apr '13 11:03:40 PM by Prime_of_Perfection
edited 13th Apr '13 7:37:11 PM by Leliel
edited 15th Apr '13 4:59:46 AM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 14th Apr '13 12:54:53 PM by Leliel
edited 14th Apr '13 9:14:08 PM by Leliel
- Animal Motifs: Beagles, obviously.
- Anti-Villain: He's actually a Hero Antagonist, he just has bad taste in buddies. He later becomes one morally, after he decides that the Midnight Crew, Phantasmic and pals, are going to Heel–Face Turn anyway (I'm still not certain if he's right about this or not), so he becomes an "honorary mask" as they root out the Peacebringer corruption.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Threaten his friends and family at your own peril-he will kick your ass. This is because at least part of his Wrong Genre Savvy persona is faked, and he's actually quite aware that the world he lives in doesn't run on normal comic book laws.
- Break the Cutie: Being slowly turned into a pastiche of everything you hate about fame-driven Capes and shallow comics, then having the snot beat out of you to return you to normal, then discovering your "girlfriend" was working for your "mentor" to do this to you is not good for anyone's chipper attitude. It's also revealed that the mockery he faces stings him pretty deeply, to the point where he himself believes he's an incurable screw-up despite the fact he chose to be the clown. He gets up right afterwards though.
- Butt-Monkey / Iron Butt Monkey
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He' a little...fanciful. Though much of it's an act; he can tell his flights of fancy from reality but chooses to indulge in them because he thinks people will follow his lead if he tries hard enough.
- Dating Catwoman: Subverted. Thanks to getting the entirely wrong idea from Dr. Thrope and her constant flirts, and the fact she's a werewolf, he thinks this is what is inevitably going to happen. She doesn't have the heart to tell him otherwise. Subverted, as with so many things-he likes her, but he recognizes how damaged she is beneath her fur, and would more likely want to drag her off to a therapist before even thinking about romance ("Dad told me to not stick it in the crazy, especially when the crazy has the ability to turn into a six-foot three-inch engine of destruction and is a Mad Scientist"). He doesn't get her anyway, and he's fine with that.
- Deconstruction: Of Idiot Hero. Literally nobody views him as a threat, to the point where Masks fighting him are advised to avoid getting overconfident lest the cops sneak up on you while you're toying with him. Later turns into a deconstruction of The Chew Toy; as it turns out, he could be a real awesome hero if he wanted, but deliberately turned down his chance at being anything more than a joke because he wanted to change the world for the better rather than revel in the fame. And the jokes hurt.
- Despair Event Horizon: He actually went over this before the story began when he realized how difficult his mutating powers were to control, in the worse way possible. He pulled himself right back together, and in fact his Determinator personality is a result of this-he's been through Hell already, what the hell can you do to him that he hasn't already cracked?
- The Ditz: Thanks to his Honor Before Reason and Wrong Genre Savvy, he comes off as being, as mentioned, a bit dim. Although it turns out he's actually just too honorable for his own good.
- Dumb Blonde / Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's a blonde, he's The Messiah, and yep, he's an idiot. Though if you've read the spoilers, you know the former trope ain't true. He's actually trying to be a Warrior Therapist through example. He's not very good at it-at least until Character Development kicks in-but still, he has more up there there than just head fur.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: No matter what ending I'm going to do, I plan on him to finally catch a break. I'm thinking leader of the new Peacebringers after Noir and the irredeemable ones are kicked out and arrested.
- Epic Fail: Has mastered this.
- Expy: Of Silver Age Superman, at least in powers.
- Guile Hero: What he is underneath his Obfuscating Stupidity. He isn't very good at it, at least at first, but dammit, he's trying!
- Hazy Feel Turn: Becomes a Mission Control and The Mole for the Midnight Crew and the Bavarian Club...after it becomes clear how corrupt the Peacebringers are, and he keeps on needling the Crew to change sides.
- Heroic Resolve: His real superpower. No matter what the hell happens to him, no matter what the mockery he has to endure, He. Will. Not. Give. In.
- Hidden Depths: He's actually fairly intelligent, and not at all naive. He just thinks one should Turn the Other Cheek to Masks and other crooks, and knows that he's viewed as less of a threat if he's apparently an idiot rather than a Warrior Therapist.
- Honor Before Reason: In spades. This part's actually not an act-he's The Fettered, and that comes with the downsides of not breaking a moral code ever.
- Large Ham
- Morality Pet: To Phantasmic and the Midnight Crew.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It already shows when it's clear that Beagleman has some Heroic Self-Deprecation issues, then later it turns out that his Wrong Genre Savvy is entirely invented. He still doesn't have a lot of self-confidence in the ability to control his own powers.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech / "World of Cardboard" Speech: Combines the two during The Reveal.
- The Nicknamer: Tends to call people by their Animal Motif.
- Token Good Teammate: He's the only Peacebringer who isn't obviously pursuing his own agenda. Later becomes one to the Midnight Crew.
- Walking Spoiler: He's a lot more complex than he appears.
- Wham Line: "Yeah, sorry sinyou. I know you, and I could see the MindRape coming a mile away. Didn't even need to witness it myself before my power mutated."
- Worthy Opponent: Regards himself as one to the Masks. Mainly because he doesn't think they're evil, just hurting and lashing out at the world they think hurt them.
edited 14th Apr '13 9:15:45 PM by Leliel
edited 16th Apr '13 5:50:21 AM by Prime_of_Perfection
edited 15th Apr '13 8:55:20 PM by BrotherMycroft
edited 16th Apr '13 10:12:34 AM by Prime_of_Perfection
Name: "Mute" Marvin Age: 24 Personality: An intelligent Deadpan Snarker and The Gadfly, who as his nickname suggests happens to be a mute Surrounded by Idiots. Hilarity Ensues. Somewhat of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, he's not really a Jerk Ass, but his inability to speak often gives the impression that he is a shy, innocent, Cute Mute when he's anything but (although he's not above playing it for all it's worth). While he loves playing pranks, especially on his telepathic Tsundere Love Interest Rinna, he actually can be serious when the situation calls for it. Abilities: Skilled in archery and fast handwriting (his method of communication). He is also very observant, and is able to deduce things that others don't pick up, including when his group is in danger (which can often lead to a frantic game of "charades"). Weaknesses: As mentioned before, he can't speak due to a curse. Goals/Motivation: To get his voice back. Role in Story: As he is 5-10 years older and more mature (when not playing pranks) than his other traveling companions, he acts sort of as The Mentor. He could be the leader, but he's too lazy. Backstory: <still working on this one> Associated Tropes:
- Refuge in Audacity: His telepathic Tsundere Love Interest Rinna hates it when catches guys checking her out. Most guys nervously try to Think Unsexy Thoughts after this happens the first time; Marvin repeatedly does it on purpose just to tease her.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Inverted.
- Running Gag: Before Rinna shows up, he is repeatedly placed in situations where the ability to speak would be useful. After Rinna shows up, he often provokes her to verbally expressed anger or uncontrollable laughter with his thoughts, which often catches others by surprise.
edited 17th Apr '13 6:09:34 PM by shiro_okami
- Antiquated Linguistics: From time to time.
- Artificial Limbs: Had to amputate his right arm after it was practically shredded during the gunfight during his way out of the village.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: In some way; Sergei, a policeman who is more or less the top authority of the town, immediately began to treat Mael like the leader when he defeated him in a sparring.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Again, in some way; in his SAS team, he was the best martial artist.
- The Atoner: Greatly regrets his massacre and shows particular soft spot for any townfolks with Versius heritage and does his best to be a helpful member of Riverach.
- Badass Bookworm: Graduated Royal Institution of Higher Education, the most prestigious university in Elterlein, at age of 15 (typical age is 18)
- Badass Transplant: His right prosthetic arm allows him to knock people in one punch, punch through wall, grab a blade barehanded, and so on.
- Cultured Badass: Enjoys drinking tea and listening to classical music.
- Bash Brothers: With Sgt.Maj. Whitehead during SAS days and Sergei in Riverach.
- The Captain
- Combat Pragmatist: In a rare cases he fights, he ends it quickly and painfully.
- Dark and Troubled Past: By the end of his shortlived military career he killed at least 65 civilians.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: His true goal after getting out of the mental hospital.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: One of the reasons that compelled him to join Special Assistance Service.
- Ensign Newbie: Started off as one; before the program (which was aborted after Mael, making him the first and also the last graduate), SAS units were strictly led by non-commissioned officers with at least 15 years of service. Luckily for him, he earned his squad's respect quickly enough.
- Gentleman Snarker
- Improbable Age: He is only 32 and is a licensed attorney...with 7 years of military experience.
- The Leader
- Nerves of Steel: Although he gets stressed out easily, he is quite good at controlling his emotions and quickly making decisions.
- Nice Guy: Very polite and helpful.
- Nice Hat: Often seen wearing fedora or flat caps.
- Officer and a Gentleman: Before his last mission, that is.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Super Soldier
- Teen Genius: See Badass Bookworm.
- Training from Hell: And many of them stuck.
- Waistcoat of Style: His default wardrobe.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: In fact, his whole life was about getting his father's approval. Ironically, Rowel is very proud of him; he never says much because he thinks it's so obvious, when in truth everyone thinks that he is a very distant father.
edited 17th Apr '13 9:26:21 PM by dRoy