Tropers / Prime of Perfection
Greets there all, you can call me Prime for short. I've wanted to put together one of these pages forever now and finally gotten chance so I'll see what I can do. This whole page is a work in progress now basically.
Works I enjoy
- Artifact Title: The whole Prime of Perfection thing. It's something I used when teenager first intentionally when playing a villain role for something. It's meant to be part of Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy persona I built. As myself it got shortened to Prime when referring nickname wise by a number of those who know me and at this point I just maintain it since I've had it for years.
- Berserk Button: They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot & Token Romance are two of my most hated tropes.
- State that The Templars in Assassin's Creed are good guys or heroic in any sense of the word. I'll type up a long winded rant about how even The Templars at their most moral are shitbags and genuinely agreeing with them is a foolish mistake. The Templar's philosophy can sound appealing on the surface - the whole thing about pursuing peace, recognizing that people are flawed, and a belief in the necessity of order. However, the failings of the philosophy is so obvious when you stop to think about it. First, THEY'RE AS HUMAN AS EVERYBODY ELSE! Which is best reflected in how when they go about their elitist assholery, internal issues crop up and cause them to lose any and all ground they attain. So either they believe all humans suck but them - which if you believe that, it shows how flawed you are as well as self-refuting because for you to achieve that while being human means that there must be hope for humanity - or that humanity sucks in general, at which point they should just eliminate themselves. Next, it's the way they go about seeking world peace. First, world peace is an unattainable idea because change is the one constant in the world. There will always be conflict. Conflict is inevitable. What we should instead focus on is how we can end it as quickly and compassionately as possible through both wisdom and benevolence. Wisdom and benevolence, especially benevolence, being something The Templars sorely lack. This also comes round circle to why The Templars world will never work. First, they force it on to people, not get them to truly accept it as a belief of their own. People are going to resist no matter what. Second, harmony cannot come from an external source. External systems are a guide that points in the way of something, not the end all, be all. One cannot "make" peace, it has to come from within. Which is why The Assassin's are superior. They realize that discipline must be internalized, it must be nurtured. And that's why I hate The Templars and it's a serious button for me since they stand for everything that disgusts me.
- Black and Nerdy: I'm black and I have no issues admitting that I am definitely a nerd.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Compassionate Critic: Whenever it comes to feedback or anything on my opinion, I prefer to be this. I make it a point of complimenting or criticizing whatever as honestly as I can if someone seeks it and I'm not all that fond of holding back because I feel not giving someone your all is only going to get in the way of them drawing out their best. I do, to note, like giving advice on where I think things can be improved and why, as well as big on to going into the how and so on.
- Ditzy Genius: While I dislike calling myself a genius outside of joking around, I can't deny I fit this well. Friends, family, and ex-girlfriends alike have all commented that most of the time I seem really brilliant and knowledgeable about various things, but can then end up doing something really dumb or things I really don't grasp immediately. When it comes to sensory details or finding things, I'm not the best IRL unless I have exact directions, which I make sure to get whenever I can. As an aside, this can also be really annoying sometimes as I hate when people expect me to have all the answers or whatever and forget that I'm as human as anyone else. Intelligence isn't something that can be just broken down into one core thing.
- Fatal Flaw: Wrath, undoubtedly. It's something I like keeping in check even if I think I have a ways to go.
- Guile Hero: I prefer using my wits, connections, social skills, planning, and so forth to solve problems more often than not.
- Hates Small Talk: Downplayed. I really don't like talking for the sake of talking or when people just tell me random things with it going no where. Really, I need a focal topic to start discussion on (well, I usually select the topic) and for me to be invested in or have something I can truly add to it. Plus just chatting for the sake of it seems banal to me given that it's time I can use for something else. That having been said, I am fine with just chatting with my friends and all if it's just us having fun, joking around, figuring something out, or whatever. I just prefer it to have a meaning on some level or another beyond doing it for the sake of doing it.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Eh, I won't deny that I can sometimes be a really cynical bastard and get frustrated by so many different things. I experience as much temptation as plenty of other people for so many things. But I couldn't live with myself when going through with it and I do genuinely believe there is a right way to live, that good does exist, even when it's not easy. In fact, good exists precisely for when it's not easy and
- Large Ham: When I feel like it because it's fun and I feel it's the best way to really express my passionate side.
- Mood-Swinger: Truth be told, internally, I'm really stable and pretty consistent there. It's less that I change internally and more it depends on what mood I feel like expressing. Externally I switch between a very energetic side and my more stoic, calmer side quite often.
- The Philosopher: I can get really caught up in this stuff sometimes and do like putting philosophical thoughts into own work or mindset behind things and so forth.
- The Perfectionist: When it comes to something I have to actually present to others, I want it to be its absolute best.
- Pretty Boy: I've been told I'm overall really attractive and I myself know I don't fit the whole "rugged" appearance type or whatever. It's comment on by plenty that I've a really great face. If you want proof though, ask!
- The Roleplayer: When it comes to RP games.
- Self-Deprecation: I actually enjoy making fun of myself at times, especially when I screw up on something so long as it isn't serious.
- The Social Expert: Social skills as a whole are actually one of my strongest skills, though I don't think I'm perfect or anything. I can identify all kinds of flaws in myself I wish to conquer progressively.