A link somewhere on the Internet sent you to this page.
It may refer to one of the following things:
- Deconstructed Trope: When a trope is portrayed in the way that would unfold under realistic circumstances.
- Didn't Think This Through: A character's plan fails because they didn't think about it enough to realize it's not realistically possible.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: A character attempts to be dramatic but fails miserably for some reason — for example, the laws of reality getting in the way.
- Justified Trope: A work offers a reason why it's realistic for a trope to happen.
- Puff of Logic: An unrealistic thing stops working or existing once it's pointed out that it's not realistic.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: When a moment in a work is unexpectedly realistic compared to the norm for its genre.
- This Is Reality: When characters mentions the trope In-Universe.
- Unbuilt Trope: A moment in a work seems unexpectedly realistic, but that's because the work was made before the standard unrealistic version became the norm.
- Unexpectedly Realistic Gameplay: The video game equivalent, where the gameplay invokes reality a little too much.
Or it may be a mere catchphrase.
If it fits one of the tropes, please change the link to point to the trope. If not, delete the link.