open/close all folders
Pages In General
- Every page on TV Tropes has some element of humor somewhere, even the Tear Jerker and Nightmare Fuel pages. Namely, in the case of Nightmare Fuel, when someone has left an entry with a link attached that says something as ominously simple as "This." Bonus points if there are reactions posted underneath them; they inevitably go along the lines of, "WHY did I click that"? followed by any manner of curse words.
- The entirety of the Crowning Moment of Funny page, obviously (admit it, you burst out laughing at least once while reading this page).
- As well as the Narm page and some of Narm Charm.
- Especially funny if you aren't familiar with the source material.
- The TV Tropes Ruined Your Life page and its page image.
- Most, if not all, of the Crowning Moment of Indifference page. It may have been ridiculously indifferent when it happened, but when read most of it very funny.
- A good amount of Memetic Mutation.
"What did he expect to find in a box marked 'TALBOT'? Immortality?"
- Followed by a heaping helping of What an Idiot.
- Looks like someone's *Sunglasses* playing the fool. YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
- Followed by a heaping helping of What an Idiot.
- The Nightmare Fuel vanity plate page is ungodly funny.
- The Large Ham page.
- The Samuel L. Jackson page.
- Statler and Waldorf. Nuff said.
- The BRIAN BLESSED page.
- I Read That As...Especially these:
Bad-Guy Bar -> Bad Gay Bar (There's a better one down the street. Not That There's Anything Wrong with That.)Alluring Anglerfish -> Always Doodling (Scrolling down super super fast)Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons -> Instant Awesome Just Add Dreigonix (Come on, I'm not that awesome.)
Quicks And Sucks (Sounds like a cheap whorehouse)
- For similar reasons, JustForFun.The Problem With Pen Island.
- This wiki's page on Zardoz. But then, there's so much to work with. The penis is evil!
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs. Before the examples were deleted, that entire page was a CMOF. On laughing gas-laced Mai Tais. With a Viagra chaser. The fact that this trope exists is funny enough on it's own.
- Chekov's Gun. Not too terribly important... yet?
- Some of the Flat "What." entires are pretty hilarious.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis! The whole page.
- Who knew Serious Business could be so hilarious?
- Off Model is kinda cool.
- The My Immortal page.
"Both friends vomited on chapter 7 and I apparently screamed racist insults at a large white man outside on the footpath, calling him Samoan frequently. Was too drunk to confirm this however.""Drank nothing, yet became drunk.""Thought the fic was worse than the large amounts of drinking. Tried summoning Yog-Sothulhu. Found three weeks later in his room, dead. Got better.""Vomited. Tried again. Vomited again.""won't piss straight ever again""Ifeell perfdctly fine. I dont se what alll thef uss is bout""I don't think we could ever destroy our souls in such a way ever again.""KILL ME NOW. I didn't even follow all the rules and I think I've already contracted diabetes.""I totally ran out of ice cream in about ten minutes and was too lazy to get some more.""Stopped out of fear, and stomach cramps. Mostly the cramps. ...and an unexpected bout of farting.""Completely destroyed home and internal plumbing. Had a great time though.""Drank everything in the house before switching to water. Between five people, vomiting occurred thrice and peeing a lot more than that. Total: 132 shots each. There is something wrong when you can say "I peed, then I vomited, and then I peed again."""Threw up, finished the story (drinking) but was left feeling strangely empty inside.""Anyone who has drunk Jager in copious amounts and who has read this know that it was a very, VERY bad idea. We woke up with one helluva hangover and no clue what exactly happened the night before. All I can remember is horrible laughter and feeling like my IQ was being threatened.""I have a headache, a sugar high, mild stomach cramps, and I'm peeing every ten minutes. On the plus side, the padded cell is very comfy.""Stopped because we couldn't go on anymore and fear of implosion and explosion at the same time""Started after pissing myself dry. Vommited after Chapter 4's "odderwize fangs 2 da goffik ppl 4 da good reveiws!" Gave up at that point. I'm going to sleep.""I think my heart may have just exploded. Think I should get that looked at?""I drank a sip of water for every misspelling and drank 400 ml of water in 10 chapters. The whole thing had 30+ chapters. Imagine how many water that is. Next time I'll try it with coffee, then I'll see noises.""SOLVED GLOBAL WARMING.""I threw up thrice and haven't s lept wfor threee nighfgts and i solcved the depbt croiseis is dhtere sugar in thris stuiff"
- The My Immortal quotes page. Reading all of fictiondom's reactions to this atrocity is paralytically funny.
- The My Immortal Wild Mass Guessing page, particularly when one troper accuses the troper who guessed the author was a troper of being the author herself, and subsequently kicks off a Wild Mass Guess witch hunt.
- Oh, Twilight, you never fail to amuse. This is largely due to the way many of the examples are worded. Also, here's a little something from the Possession Sue page:
Nikki Reed (Rosalie Hale): Knock it off, dad. So, Kristen, there must be something really special about you for Robert to take such a liking to you and risk the lives of his entire family. Tell us about yourself.Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan): Me? Oh, no. I'm just a hollow placeholder for all of the teenage girls in the audience to project their personalities onto. I have none of my own whatsoever.
- The Kill It with Fire page.
- The Page for Bad Lip Reading is the king of It Makes Sense in Context.
- Most of the entries on Anime Hair (especially Flamboyant Gay chef Jean Armstrong's "tight ass curls").
- The entirety of the Standard Female Grab Area page, especially the picture.
- The So Bad, It's Good page, especially the Fan Fic section. Just reading the descriptions from Tropers trying to make sense of such incoherent writing is hilarious.
- The Drinking Game page.
- The whole Misaimed Marketing page is pure comedy gold.
- "British Frozen Rocks With Penguins And Landmines. Alt titles: The Falkland Islands."
- Scunthorpe Problem. That is all.
Thingy Van Happyperson? L. O. L.
- Running through all the Laconic Wiki pages for "You Fail X Forever" in a row is massively entertaining.
- Please, do enjoy "Blind Idiot" Translation and Translation Train Wreck.
- The Too Dumb to Live page.
- Much of Anatomically Impossible Sex.
- The entire The Ugly Barnacle page.
- The Gag Penis page.
- The Stupid Sexy Flanders page.
- Scroll down Absurdity Ascendant. Go on, the link's right there. Were you expecting the hat?
- From the top of the Costume Porn page:
Nynaeve: I'm wearing a green silk dress with slashes of white with snowy white lace in a floral pattern. It has the faces of cherubs sewn into the sides, and the picture of deer running gracefully through a wooded stream in the skirt. It shows generous cleavage.
Elayne: I'm wearing a dark blue silk dress with a pattern of black lace. It has actual thread-of-gold woven into the bodice, telling the story of my childhood, including the part when I skinned my knee trying to climb a leatherleaf tree in Master Hanson's orchard. It shows generous cleavage.
— The Wheel of Time Mock Summary by Isam
- The WTH, Casting Agency? pages.
- The Freudian Slippery Slope page.
- The trope named What the Fu Are You Doing?. IT'S THE TITLE.
- The redirect No Shit Sherlock.
- The I Banged Your Mom page.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing.
- The Cake Is a Lie has many funny moments.
- The Off Model page.
- The Memetic Mutation page for The Simpsons.
- All-Red Entry is truly a masterpiece.
- Tropes That Will Never Happen is hilarious. Simply hilarious.
"But You Screw One Dead Kid Goat While On Fire aka necropedopyrobestiality""A man decided to seek therapy for his sadonecrobestiality fetish, because he realized he was just beating a dead horse."
- Your Mom.
- From the Alton Towers page:
Rita, Queen of Speed: A hydraulic-launched rollercoaster. Very fast.
- From the Vampires Are Sex Gods page:
->...And the computer is like "Do I have to spell it out for you? A V.A.M.P.I.R.E.!"
And the girl is like "OH MY GOD!.....THAT IS SO HOT!"
- It Makes Sense in Context doesn't have trope examples, but it has the quote section, which can be very good fun.
- Naughty Tentacles. (In Big Font: We do not want a page on this topic.)
- Textbook Humor is definitely one of TV Tropes's hidden gems.
- What, no I Thought It Meant?
- The Loki page. All of it's in first person, and has him very much in character. A few other Self Demonstrating character pages are like this:
- The Incredible Hulk, written entirely in Bold Inflation Hulk Speak. It culminates in a lengthy list of the people that Hulk wants to smash (consisting of other characters with Self Demonstrating pages), often for petty or nonsensical reasons.
- Denning's page (based on Fire Emblem Elibe) is simply his one line of dialogue repeated over and over again.
- Similarly, the page for Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy) is written in Pokémon Speak, including the trope names and work titles, and even the page URL. Same goes for Pikachu's page, but possibly even more ridiculous.
- Bizarro, which abuses Bizarro's usual Hulk Speak, Confusing Multiple Negatives and opposite-day logic to make a page that is nearly incomprehensible unless you think like Bizarro yourself. Special mention goes to Bizarro calling himself a "little fluffy bunny"Translation , which apparently makes sense on Bizarro World.
- Swedish Chef, which is written in Mock Swedish.
- Several articles dealing with redundancy and stating the obvious, such as Department of Redundancy Department, Captain Obvious, and Shaped Like Itself. Those 3 articles share something in common. Any time the media folders (or sub-pages) from specific articles are given Self Demonstrating names to drive the point home makes them more interesting and hilarious. Examples that do this include the 3 aforementioned articles (obviously), Blatant Lies, Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe, Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, and Motor Mouth. Can you find 'em all?
- Malaproper. Or was it Melon Propper? Lemon Dropper? Either way, the titties... titles actually, in the example section, make it even funnier.
- The Utterly and Completely Definitive Guide to Cool repeats the word 'cool' so much that halfway through the page, it becomes hilarious.
- [Trope Name] and [Trope Name] Injokes.
- Whoever went back and added the Audience Participation notes to The Rocky Horror Picture Show deserves a freaking medal.
- A troper known as Kicklash was noted on the Ask The Tropers page for editing all instances of the words "God" and "Satan" into "Lord Helix" and "Dome Fossil" respectively. This even applied to words with the word god in them: "Godzilla" became "Lord Helixzilla" and "Buddhist pagoda" became "Buddhist paLord Helixa". The very fact that happened is just ridiculous. (Note that while this vandalism may have been amusing, any vandalism is still very much not okay.)
- The first time someone edited with the Cloud to Butt extension enabled. (As above, any vandalism is still very much not okay, and is a bannable offense. If you want to see what this extension -or the one above- does to pages, make sure to turn off the extension and close and re-open your browser BEFORE you edit! That said, Fluffy Cloud Heaven and Final Fantasy VII may be quite the laugh reading - not editing! - with this extension.)
- The Ship Yard, a hilariously corny attempt (and deliberately so) at putting naval terminology to various shipping behaviors.
- The real life section of Non-Indicative Name is a treasure trove of comedy gold.
- The P5, for Italian tropers. That's a good and serious thing, it's just the name. Since it Italy there was a secret society planning a golpe called P2, and sometimes italian media call the evolutions of that conspiracy P3 or P4... when an italian finds that on This Very Wiki there is the P5, must burst in laughter.
- The Lava Adds Awesome page has this gem:
Ask for help on the Dwarf Fortress forum, and someone will suggest solving your problem with lava. If you're already using lava, you should try using more.
- Most of the entries on jokes for Shaggy Dog stories. The longest one is about a black and white knight and it has nine hundred fifty seven words in it!
- The Get a Stupid Answer page. Serious question with silly answers, or Shout Outs answered with other Shout Outs, whichever of those you find more appealing. You'll never read your favourite show's script in the same way again, because you'll be laughing too hard.
- Superbutterbuns. Apparently, someone with quite the ego made the page superbutterbuns under the namespace Superbutterbuns and promoted themselves as future Youtuber who will post instruction videos for newbie gamers. They went as far as to predict that they would gain a massive fanbase and host a livestream with their friends. The most hilarious thing is how the ego and predictions are extremely dissonant with the care given to the page and grammar in a shining example of why you should always check the editing rules before you do anything on the site. Please don't actually create your own pages like this. It will only lead to suspension and banning.
- The Self Demonstrating page for True Art is just that: True art. And Comedy gold.
- The Candle Jack page is full of jokes and fun little ways the tropers think of for repelling hiYou guys are so easy to catch. It's a funny moment in and of itself.
- Some of the alternate trope titles are just hilarious.
- The page for the Speculative Documentary Tyrannosaurus Sex. For example:
* Artistic License – Paleontology: Tyrannosaurus with an incorrect arm-posture. Oh, and the fact that this program was made.
- The Year Outside, Hour Inside description, which ends with 'See also: TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life'.
- The entire WMG page for the Zelda CDi Games. I wonder what's for DINNER?
- The page on Flat-Earth Atheist which mentions how it makes no sense people don't believe in Santa Claus even though presents arrive out of nowhere.
Images and Captions
- The picture and caption for Heroic B.S.O.D..
- The picture on the Personal Space Invader page.
- The picture on This Loser Is You. Homer coupled with the AFV theme song was classic.
- The Christmas in Japan page picture and caption.
- The picture on the Hide Your Lesbians page.
- The picture and caption for Where the Hell Is Springfield? It's perfect.
- The Batman picture on the My Parents Are Dead page.
- The picture and caption on the I Have Boobs, You Must Obey! page.
- The picture on the Stalking Is Love page.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: "Believe in miracles... and the attraction of money."
- The caption under the picture on Blood Lust of Naruto getting his face held and blood licked by a blushing Anko. "BAD TOUCH! I need an adult!"
- The picture and caption on the Mad Love page.
- Face Palm: The picture/caption combo.
- The picture on Wild Mass Guessing.
- The image and caption on Directionless Driver.
- The image and caption for Rage Quit.
- The image for Angrish.
- The image for For Science!.
- The image and caption for Epic Fail.
- The caption under the picture on the Ho Yay Film page.
- The picture for Lecherous Licking.
- The chosen image for Ineffectual Death Threats, with a cheerful Elmo saying "I'm going to kill you."
- The one on Extreme Doormat is both d'awwwww and bwahahahah!.
- The one for Twin Threesome Fantasy is inspired.
- The one on Coitus Uninterruptus is both funny and cute (and work-safe).
- The picture and caption for Fan Disservice. Also, the caption under the picture on the anime and manga page of Fan Disservice of Tsukishima stabbing Orihime through the boobs. "KATANAS DON'T GO THERE!"
- The picture and caption on the All Women Are Lustful page.
- The caption under the picture for Elegant Gothic Lolita:
Their outfits need more frills and lace, don't you think?
- The caption under the on the Would Hit a Girl page:
Even the forces of good need to keep their pimp hand strong.
- The following caption under the picture from the Beat Still, My Heart page:
And it's on fire. Because ripping out a still-beating heart isn't creepy enough.
- That Other Wiki. The page image + caption = hilarious.
- MANWICH -- Shut the fuck up and eat.
- The picture on the Man, I Feel Like a Woman page.
- The Face of a Thug page picture. Once you know the context, it's bloody hilarious.
- The caption for Humans Are Cthulhu.
Iä! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Scu'ba Di'ver R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
- The picture and caption of Erotic Eating.
- The image on the TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life page.
- The picture on the It Tastes Like Feet page.
- The picture and caption on the Dark and Troubled Past page:
I'm sorry, what was that I couldn't hear you over my tragic past.
- The caption on the Fetish Retardant page image.
- The picture and caption on Money, Dear Boy. Slightly depressing, but definitely funny.
- The page image and accompanying caption on Car Meets House.
- The (now deleted) captions under the pictures for Die for Our Ship are hilarious, especially these three:
- The Gantz image on the Wangst page.
- The caption under the picture for Eyes Do Not Belong There: "This probably makes masturbation a very unpleasant experience."
- The picture on the Slash Fic page.
- The caption under the picture of a giant metal rooster on the Biggus Dickus page:
- The pic and caption for East Germany. The pic is the old flag; the caption... must be seen to be believed.
- The picture on the Fan-Preferred Couple page.
- The caption under the picture on the Nice Hat page:
Clearly not a hat to be trifled with.
- The picture on the Talk to the Fist page: "GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD!!!!"
- The picture on the Fridge Horror page.
- The picture on the Fight Scene index.
- The page picture for Complacent Gaming Syndrome. So many Kens...
- The page image on Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick never fails to amuse.
- From the caption under the picture on the Tainted Veins page:
Who'd have thought putting a nuclear reactor in your chest might have harmful side effects?
- The page image for Fandom Rivalry. Makes Sense In Context (or just scroll over it).
- The picture and caption for Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, in probably one of the best uses of And Then John Was a Zombie EVER.
- The caption for the picture on the Corpse Land page.
- The image and caption on the Nightmare Fuel Video Games page.
- The image for the Action games subpage under That One Boss.
- The picture on the Naked Lunch page. It's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- The picture on the Launcher of a Thousand Ships page, especially "Damnit, why does everyone want me to be a lesbian?"
- The image and caption for Game Breaker.
- That picture of The Joker holding Rachel Dawes over a building on For the Evulz once had the caption "LOL @ U Caped Crusader!"
- The caption under the picture on the Flying Spaghetti Monster page:
Needs MOAR sauce.
- The caption under the picture on the Godiva Hair page:
Could you... maybe... get a haircut? Please?
- The picture on the If It's You, It's Okay page.
- The picture on the Jail Bait Wait page.
- The page image on Parental Favoritism. Maybe it's just because baby birds have this perpetual SERIOUS/frowning expression, but it's made a lot of tropers laugh. Even though it can make you feel really bad for the little bird.
- Formerly from Best Known for the Fanservice:
I would appreciate your continued attention on the plot. Hello? The plot.
- The picture on the Real Women Never Wear Dresses page.
- The caption of the picture of Ariel on the Giant Poofy Sleeves page says the following:
Ursula could fit in one of those.
- The picture on the Alternative Character Interpretation page.
- On Modesty Towel the caption under the picture of Kallen from Code Geass wearing just a towel reads as such:
- The Mind Screw page image + caption.
- The image for Pec Flex HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!
- The picture of Woody on the Memetic Molester page.
- The picture and caption on Special Effects Failure.
- The picture on the Grievous Bottley Harm page.
- The image for Corpsing. Your face will be exactly the same as his.
- Body Horror is horrifying. However, the caption under the picture on the main page is funny. "His Saturday nights just got incredibly awkward."
- Before the Superman: The Animated Series Nightmare Fuel page was taken down, there was actually a very, very creepy image of a man smiling... But the caption was the ":D" emoticon, removing almost any horror that was obtained from it.
- The ending of the caption for Seme. "Oh, and he wants your ass. Literally."
- The caption for Serial Numbers Filed Off.
- The image for Public Bathhouse Scene, which shows some men from Thermae Romae bathing, coupled with the caption:
You were expecting hot chicks, weren't you?
- The picture and caption on Pet the Dog.
- The picture on the Ho-Yay page for Ed Edd N Eddy.
- The picture on the Never My Fault page.
- The caption under the image for the Game of Thrones Nightmare Fuel page is darkly hilarious.
- The caption on the Right-Hand Cat page.
- The caption under the image for Rouge Angles of Satin.
- The Gratuitous Weasel.
- The caption for Burn the Witch!.
- Given the content of the page Gainaxing, the image caption "One shall rise, one shall fall" is a stroke of genius.
- The picture on the Oh, Crap!/Video Games page. It's the eyes!
- The image for Stop Hitting Yourself comes with its own caption. It's the Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe that sells it.
- The image on the nightmare fuel page for Tom and Jerry, which depicts a guillotine, is titled "What a cute cart—HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT". Seriously.
- The fact that for a while, the page image on Damsel in Distress kept getting changed, but they were all images of Princess Peach. She gets kidnapped that much that every worthy trope image apparently consists of her.
Trope/Work Descriptions and Stingers
- This part of the beginning of the Power Rangers Dino Thunder Page.
Describe Power Rangers Dino Thunder here.The End.
- Deadpool invaded Thanos' Self-Demonstrating page in the trope descriptions under Murder the Hypotenuse.
- Another one from this wiki: the last line of "Anyone Can Die". It's not funny until you check the Pot Holes.
- The last line of Evil Lawyer Joke. Also a perfectly executed Take That!.
- Please tell me that you included "Take that" intentionally, after the lawyer crack. It's a CMoF even if you just follow the Take That! Pot Hole and look at the page image.
- The summary for Jews Love to Argue.
- Someone added the emoticon for the reverse Glasses Pull on the CSI: Miami page. It fits beautifully.
- The condensed profile from the Torture Technician page: "If he's a fat, giggling, whip-toting, gay Nazi, he's probably one of these."
- The description of Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! is HILARIOUS.
Shaggy and Scooby Doo, the Lovable Coward / Big Eater duo from the Scooby-Doo franchise branch, out in their own show, where Shaggy inherits millions of dollars and a mansion from his missing Uncle Albert, an inventor. However, Uncle Albert's inventions are being pursued by the sinister Dr. Phineas Phibes and his henchmen. Fortunately, Shaggy and Scooby can thwart their evil plans thanks to special Scooby Snacks that give Scooby-Doo temporary superpowers... Wait, where are you going? Come Back, we weren't finished yet! The villain pilots a submarine laboratory!
- The list of common Bond One Liners:
(After a hearse explodes) "I think they were on their way to a funeral."(After decapitating someone) "He really lost his head."(After disemboweling someone) "I'll say this for him: he had a lot of guts."(After tethering someone to a rocket) "He got rather carried away."(After shooting someone with a harpoon) "I think he got the point."(After cutting someone in half) "He had to split."(After throwing someone out a plate glass window) "Smashing."(After throwing a machete through someone, impaling them to a tree) "Stick around."(After ripping someone's heart out) "I always knew you were heartless!"(After forcing a grenade down someone's throat) "Something he ate disagreed with him."(After throwing someone to a shark) "He disagreed with something that ate him."
- It's gone now, but on Vagina Dentata, after the sentence "Because having your penis bitten off would really fucking hurt", there used to be a "[Citation Needed]" tag. Why, why was it taken from me?
- The Statler and Waldorf on the Russian Humour page.
- This gem from the description of Ass in a Lion Skin:
"My God! You're not a fruit bat at all! You're a killer whale!"
- The Statler and Waldorf on the Warhammer 40,000 page.
- The delightfully comprehensive disclaimer at the end of The Thing That Goes "Doink!":
Not to be confused with the thing that goes parp, the thing that goes ding when there's stuff, the scientific progress that goes boink, the machine that goes ping, the man who goes BONK, The Knights Who Say Ni!, The Song That Goes Like This, the thing your aunt gave that you don't know what it is, the Thing that lives in a box, The Thing that goes "It's clobberin' time!", Tonberries, the thing that goes doink-doink, the things that go squee, the thing that goes boing, The Thing That Would Not Leave, or the thing that keeps going. Definitely shouldn't be confused with The Thing (1982).
- From the top of the Emilie Autumn page:
Describe Emilie Autumn here. OK then: Emilie is self-described as that she sounds like the best cup of English Breakfast spiked with cyanide and smashed on your antique wallpaper.
- The Hurricane of Puns from the Death Dealer page.
The user might be, but isn't necessarily, a Card-Carrying Villain (sorry). Also likely to be a Card Sharp (with sharp cards), so the use of such a distinctive weapon may be the killer's Calling Card (I can do this all day). If they're so improbably good that the full house won't shut up about it, they're the The Ace (yeah, I know, my card is marked. I can deal with it).
- The last line on Works Pages Are a Free Launch.
- The St. Basil's Cathedral Running Gag on the Symbology Research Failure page.
- Of all the places, the Eldritch Abomination page. The article describes this trope extremely well, becoming rather creepy in telling how freaking wrong those creatures are, how much of an aberration to our senses and to our laws of physics they are, it makes a point of telling us that we can't even classify them as evil as they don't follow the same morals... And it ends with a"YourMom" joke.
- The Word Cruft page's explanation for why rhetorical questions are a bad idea:
This isn't the author's fault. Rhetorical questions are a very useful device! Unfortunately, an explosion in a lead paint chips factory in Montana has left a fair chunk of the internet with the approximate IQ of a retarded gibbon. If you pose a rhetorical question, or anything that could by the remotest stretch be interpreted as a rhetorical question, someone will respond to it seriously and then pat himself on the back (with his long, gibbon-like arms) for his amazing internet wit. The probability of this happening is 1. Do not write rhetorical questions.
- The quote at the top of the Broken Pedestal page.
"It's like going to heaven and finding God smoking crack!"
- From Sheathe Your Sword:
- In a similar vein, the opening from Who Wants to Live Forever?:
- Most of the TV Tropes articles for movies are written as though the author had a neutral opinion about it. Then there's the Camp Rock page.
- Generally, the shorter trope pages tend to be funny in a Noodle Incident kind of way, as they often belong to the most effective of Flame Bait, and the most splintered Broken Bases. You can just imagine how much arguing happened until the editors arrived at something no one could object. Imagine the two feuding nobles from Night Watch trying to make a trope page and you get the idea.
- The opening for the Dokapon Kingdom page.
- The description on the Ken Narita page as it essentially gets hijacked by the man himself, in a giant orange, apparently.
- The following quote from the top of the Annoying Laugh page:
I do realise that when I laugh, it sounds like a seal is being molested.
- From Refuge in Audacity:
This isn't Getting Crap Past the Radar, this is crashing the crap through the front doors and out the back doors of the radar installation, in an armored car with sunglasses-wearing flaming skull decals on every flat surface and a Hieronymus Bosch reproduction on the door, hood-mounted machine guns blazing, Motörhead blasting on the jury-rigged PA system, and one arm hanging out of the window making a rude hand gesture, and the tires leaving tracks painting sex and violence on the floor and walls.
- A former line from the Cardcaptor Sakura page:
- The Goldfish Poop Gang page once had a Real Life entry with just one example: the Westboro Baptist Church.
- The stinger on Hard-Drinking Tropes.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the breathalyzer say about his blood alcohol content?Nappa: WHAT? Nine percent? How the hell is he even alive?
- The whole Law Procedural sketch on I Won't Say I'm Guilty is pretty funny, but I burst out laughing at "...and the jury are apparently collaborating on a book called Burn in Hell, Wendell Spatz, You Guilty Guilty Scumbag."
- From the All Girls Like Ponies page:
Of course, the trope is parodied when it's a boy or a guy who likes ponies.
- The intro of Speech Bubbles. Face it, any Self-Demonstrating Article has the potential to be on this page.
- This little bit from the Mary Sue page:
- No Real Life Examples, Please! provides an example in the description of what would happen if real life examples were allowed under Scam Religion. Then this sentence appears.
- Found this gem in the North Korea page.
- Scrolling down the RWBY characters page to find that someone gave the Named Weapons their own listings.
- Some of the comments in The House of Tudor. A few examples:
"Henry found her so unattractive in person that the marriage was annulled six months later without it having been consummated. (History does not record what Anne thought of Henry, who by this time weighed about 350 pounds and had a nasty-smelling running ulcer on his leg.)""Later, Lord Darnley's bedroom was blown up. He was found in the garden, in his nightshirt — strangled. The chief suspect was a roguish Scottish noble called Lord Bothwell. So of course, Mary (who seems to have had a knack for poor life choices) married Bothwell with almost indecent haste.""Then Leicester dropped dead shortly after the defeat of the Armada. Elizabeth bawled for a few months, and then took up with the second Earl of Essex, also named Robert. He was, essentially, her boy-toy. She had reigned longer than he'd been alive. Incidentally, he was also Leicester's stepson. Unlike his stepfather, however, he didn't know how to keep his mouth shut and got a big head. Bess was mildly displeased by this, so she lopped it off."
- The synopsis page for A Case of Spring Fever transforms said annoying short into a horror story.
- On the John Major article:
"In 2002 a revelation broke out that he had had an adulterous affair with minister Edwina Currie; this was greeted with universal incredulity by the British media, as they couldn't conceive of him doing something so interesting."
- The opening paragraph of the Platform Hell page, which shamelessly borrows from Nineteen Eighty-Four:
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a plumber jumping into an invisible coin block, and falling to his death... repeatedly... forever.
- Unrelated to the trope itself, but in Something Something Leonard Bernstein, one unfortunate troper's run-in with a questionable link in the same page does provide this wonderful response to the link in question:
Yes, thank you, sir. My anti-virus software was getting complacent, and now it's had a nice pick-me-up.
- After listing all the subtropes of Incest Is Relative:
If that's not incestuous enough, then Screw Yourself.
- This line from the Sonic 2 Special Edition page. The potholes make it absolutely hilarious.
- The Running Gag on Final Fantasy pages of describing the series as "(adjective)ly-popular". From thirst quenching to eardrum ruptures to controller tossing, one must be surprised that FF fans haven't run out of these yet.
- The page for The Big Lebowski includes a phrase that must be seen to be believed: "After another home invasion where the Dude's johnson is threatened by a nihilist ferret..."
- This particular paragraph from Constellation Trip, especially at the end.
Unlike Earth's planispheres which show the two Earth's emisphere together, most celestial maps show the two Sky's emispheres separated in two distinct "disks". Even though this is useful to emphasize the differences between each semi-sky, it has a unpleasant consequence: Equatorial constellations appear inevitably split in two, with their portion north of the equator in one half-map and the southern in the other half-map — enormously troubling the remembering of their stellar pattern. However, if you have a bit of imagination you can amuse yourself by thinking the sky's equator is the surface of a huge ocean, the northern emisphere is the sky above the sea and the southern one the underwater. The results can be quite funny: Orion appears plunged in water at his belt, Ophiuchus at his chest, the Virgin happily floating while watching the sky above her, and the Water-Carrier almost-totally submerged like's drowning (and spilling water when he's UNDER-water!)
- This bit from No Control Group:
- The page on The Day the Clown Cried. After describing the premise, it simply says It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time.
- The last paragraph from Death Is Dramatic description.
Naturally, this is Truth in Television; since death tends to impact us in direct proportion to how close we were to the deceased in real life. As for how dramatic dying actually is for the person dying, no one's come back to comment.
Wild Mass Guessing / Headscratchers
- This conversation in Headscratchers: Memetic Mutation
Why does M.Bison find Guile being beat up delicious?It's the handheld television he finds delicious. The last shot is a first person perspective from the TV, moving closer and closer to his mouth.
- The Headscratchers page for Clue. For some reason pointing out the logical flaws of a board game as if it were a serious murder mystery is funny in and of itself, but I nearly collapsed in laughter when someone postulated "Maybe he explodes when something touches him" I've never heard of whatever the Pot Hole references, but good god that was funny.
I know it's just a board game and it's all supposed to be abstract, but wouldn't it be really easy to at least narrow down the murder weapon by examining the late Mr. Boddy? Even a kindergartner should be able to tell (for instance) whether or not he had been stabbed, thus ruling the knife in or outYou'd allow a kindergartner to do that?"Now Molly quit yer crying and tell the police how he died!"
- The discussion on Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans on the Harry Potter Headscratchers page.
- This line, a couple topics down:
"And how would you know how a gerbil tastes in the first place?""Gerbil-flavored Bertie Bott's, of course!"
- This line, a couple topics down:
- This bit from the Kim Possible Wild Mass Guessing page.
** She even said she's into boys "Sometimes."** Though this seemed more like "Other times I think they're just a pain," rather than "The rest of the time I'm into girls."*** SHHHHHHHH.
- The Twilight Headscratchers page has these gems:
Sometimes Esme's baby-mania gets the better of her and decides that one of her "children" needs a diaper change and a bed time story. Edward doesn't like to talk about those times very much, probably because he's her most common target (why else would he be so fucked up?).
- The plothole about why "a family of immortal vampires has a sippy cup in their household".
Why did it take the Volturi so long to reach Forks? Irina runs off, and suddenly Alice sees the Volturi arriving...in a couple months. Alice and Bella get there in New Moon in less than a few days. The Volturi are rich and should have capable transportation, and everyone is already in Volterra so they don't need to spend time gathering their forces. Even if Irina didn't have access to a phone, she could have run to the Voluturi within a few days. Did they get lost at the airport? Did they misplace where they had packed their wives? Did they take a stroll through Russia?Now I want to read THAT book: 'The Terminal: Volturi Edition!' It'd be awesome, with Jane inflicting her psychic torture on immigration officials and Aro giggling over those turny baggage things and the entire gang taking up a whole section of the airport and creeping people out, but none of the humans say anything because they don't want to be Mistaken for Racist.
- This plothole:
- From the Wild Mass Guessing page of Les Misérables is a theory that Katniss Everdeen is related to Inspector Javert. Why? Because "Who else would be so fixated over a loaf of bread?"
- From the Mushishi Headscratchers page, as to why Ginko's Fan Nickname is 'Pimp-ko':
Because he's so incredibly cool, ofcourse. He wins the hearts of most female characters and then ditches them saying he can't stick along for long periods of time 'because of the mushis'. He travels from town to town breaking hearts and kicking ass. He doesn't need to get the girl, he knows he can, and that's enough for him and his hordes of fans.
- From Up Headscratchers, explaining why Carl didn't get in trouble with the FAA:
"Hello, is this the FAA? Yeah, there's this guy flying in a house. Yes, he's attached his house to a million balloons and he's just flying it down the... hello? Hello?"
- Also from that page, this comment from the argument over whether or not Russell is Asian:
Flik was blue, Sully was blue, Mike was green, Remy was grey, WALL-E was brown, Lightning McQueen was red, and Nemo and Marlon were orange with white stripes. How much more diverse can you get?
- Also from that page, this comment from the argument over whether or not Russell is Asian:
- From the [PROTOTYPE] Headscratchers page, on the "powers" of civilian disguises:
God knows I always wanted to use the power of accounting after I eat a civilian..."Sir, we've spotted Mercer! He's— He's... ... ...uh, sir, he's recalculating the city's debt on the side of the Chrysler Building..."
- On the Persona 4 WMG page there was this exchanged based on the idea that Naoto and Minato were siblings.
Guys, Come on. This idea is milked so many times in Fan Fiction that it's probably canon in the minds of thousands.
- Also on the "Persona 4" WMG page:
TV Tropes is the Shadow of The Other Wiki.Wikipedia has largely become a regulated stopover on the way to more "valid" research. It struggles to feel accepted academically while still suffering the derision of teachers everywhere. Wikipedia struggles to be accepted through strict regulation and cold hard facts; a far cry from the more lax, Rule of Fun oriented TV Tropes. Wikipedia, in an effort to stamp out its more trivial side, inadvertently gave birth to TV Tropes as its Shadow self. It cannot bear to reconcile knowledge with fun and so it cannot bring itself to face TV Tropes. But TV Tropes is Wikipedia. And The Other Wiki is TV Tropes...That Troper is the Shadow born of the collective ego of all Tropers...including you.That TroperHow long are you planning on denying it? Beneath your thin veneer of snarky sophistication your true desires are laid plain before me. Who hasn't secretly pimped their own Fan Work under pseudonyms and puppet accounts? Don't you feel the need to rant and rave about asininely stupid programming that everyone else seems to fawn over? The Headscratchers pages for Twilight and Inheritance Cycle alone allude to your true nature.My opinions are right and all the garbage just hides the fact that I'm openly tearing down something I don't like and NO I WILL NOT TAKE IT TO THE FORUMS!!! And why shouldn't I? So what if there isn't a page for Cartwheeling Dynamite Puppy; there should be damnit, even if I have to pimp it to high heaven! Who are they to say what is and isn't A Trope?! "Some Tropers think...Your Milage May Vary But...Please exercise Rule of Cautious Editing Judgement when blah blah blah blah blah blah!" That weasel talk makes me sick!! Why shouldn't I say exactly what's on my mind?! MINE is the only opinion that matters!!!My OTP IS the Fan-Preferred Couple! Katara is a Canon Sue and I don't care who disagrees! Don't you take my entry down! I'M right, YOU'RE wrong!Isn't that what you truly feel?Villinize me all you'd like. Just accept the inevitable truth: you are me...and I am youI'm right here, you're over there, therefore, as you do not share the same place as me, you are not me.Ahhh, shit...Let's get "I'll Face Myself" up and running...NO! You're not me!Alright, I've been waiting for this! Let's battle! You're nothing like me anyway!!!I AM A SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF!Yes, yes, I know, I'm an egotistical asshole here for my own entertainment rather than the betterment of the wiki, pushing my own opinions with varying degrees of subtlety and lack thereof while pretending its neutrality. Now hurry up and transform into a Persona already, I want superpowers and don't want to get my hands dirty with a boss fight.The strength of heart to face one's self has been made manifest. Troper has obtained the facade used to overcome life's hardships, the Persona ...?Thou art I and I am thou. From the sea of thy soul, I emerge. I am The Other Troper, Protector of the Wiki.
- In the WMG page for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, there's a WMG regarding if Percy and Annabeth will have a son and, if they do, if the boy's name will be Luke. Hilarity Ensues.
Not if Rick Riordan wants to fend off all those accusations of being a Harry Potter knockoff...
- This bit from the Headscratchers page for The Princess and the Frog is Made of Win, purely for the mental picture:
* And what was Eudora's reaction when her daughter who'd been missing for three days came through the door wearing an enormous sparkly dress, along with her new husband and alligator buddy?** "Now I'll live to see my grandkids!"?*** First thing this troper thought of was Louis shouting "GRAMMA!" and jumping in Eudora's arms. "I want cookies and sweaters and stories about what it was like in the old days!"
- From Batman: Arkham Asylum Headscratchers:
"New game idea: "I'm Batman". In this platformer-action adventure-MMORPG-RTS-Beat 'Em Up-Rhythm Game, you play as the Dark Knight, going around and holding up Gotham's deadliest villains by the neck and saying "I'm Batman". There are 'aggression' and 'volume' meters that you have to max out, as well as 'the' and 'goddamn' buttons that provide bonus points if you use them in the right situation. Playable on 'Conroy', 'Keaton' and 'Bale' difficulty levels, with an unlockable bonus mode in which you play as Adam West. Not Adam West's Batman. You're just Adam West going around shouting at people. DLC has been announced, but not yet specified. Available Fall 2010, on Xbox 360, PC and PS3."
Harrison Ford: (repeatedly grabs random people and yells at them) Give me back my family!
- Just the line, "You're just Adam West going around shouting at people," conjures up the most hilarious image I've gotten in my head from this site.
- You mean like this?:
- Just the line, "You're just Adam West going around shouting at people," conjures up the most hilarious image I've gotten in my head from this site.
- From the Peanuts Headscratchers page:
* Jesus, Lucy, Violet, and Patty are CRUEL to poor Charlie Brown! They expect him to get an over-commercialized tree, made of pink aluminum? Charlie brings back a tree that looks like one that would be next to the humble manger, and they all laugh at him! Even damned SNOOPY! Although it sets up a Crowning Moment of Awesome with the "That's what Christmas is all about" speech, I just want to wring those three bitches' neck!!** Is it bad that I read the start of this entry as a list of 4 names, rather than an expletive and 3 names?*** Jesus is laughing at Charlie Brown for having a great Christmas spirit! The irony!*** Nope. I did it, too. As did my parents, Ayn Rand and God.*** Your parents are Ayn Rand and God?
- Although many of the theories on Lady Gaga's WMG page are quite funny, special mention goes to the one that claims The Fame Monster is a Take That! at Twilight (may also be a Crowning Moment of Awesome, if you're part of Twilight's Hatedom). Also, the one about her secretly being her own parents and/or John Lennon.
- The Marble Hornets Headscratchers page when someone asks where the character's families are during all this.
- The Running Gag on the Disney Animated Canon Headscratchers page concerning Bambi's mother. She was in season and tasted good smoked and/or made into sausage.
- This exchange on the Headscratchers page for The Lord of the Rings:
"And yet no one is complaining about the 'taters'.""What's... "taters", precious? What's taters, eh?""Po-tay-toes."
- The long list of possible people possessing Mr. Mew in The World Ends with You's WMG page.
- One troper's psychotic breakdown over the permanent deaths of Amie and Shandra on the Neverwinter Nights 2 Headscratchers page.
But... but... -snap- DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS! FIFTY POUNDS OF RULEBOOKS! NOT FINAL FANTASY! DEATH HAPPENS! AND THEN IT UNHAPPENS! EXPEND ONE FIFTH-LEVEL SPELL SLOT AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I NEED +5 VORPAL SCISSORS! 1d6!
- From the now-cut Internet Headscratchers page
*** ...say, are you single?*** As a matter of fact, I am.*** Well, won't this will be a wonderful story to tell your grandkids:"That's right Billy, I met your grandmother while meticulously collating vast amounts of pop culture information on the Internet"
- From the WMG page for The Room:
- * The sex scenes are POV shots.** Denny: I just like to watch you guys.
- The entire Headscratchers page for SpongeBob SquarePants, especially the following:
* SpongeBob has Negative Continuity.** SpongeBob IS Negative Continuity.
- The Headscratchers page for The Emperor's New Clothes.
- The Headscratchers for classic folklore, that one post on The Tortoise and the Hare was just so unexpected in contrast to the discussions on the true moral of the story that it's hard not to laugh.
- On the Kyon: Big Damn Heroes WMG page, the entry about Durandall is FUCKING HILARIOUS.
- On the late Headscratchers page for Flipping the Bird, this lovely conversation occurs when someone wants to know why actually doing the flipping kind of is painful:
- You may also want to try cracking your knuckles more often. Loosen up the joints a little. Plus, you don't have to have your other fingers down at the knuckle and flush with your palm; just enough to get the point across.
- TV Tropes... where we teach you how to be an asshole.
- You may also want to try cracking your knuckles more often. Loosen up the joints a little. Plus, you don't have to have your other fingers down at the knuckle and flush with your palm; just enough to get the point across.
- This bit from the Cats Don't Dance page:
* Parental Abandonment: Where are Darla's, exactly?** She probably killed them.*** And ate them.
- This absolute bloody gem from the Goblet of Fire Headscratchers page:
It's called polyphasic sleep. One of my friends at college did it. You sleep for 30 minutes every 6 hours, and it forces your body to abandon natural circadian rhythms. It's intended to give you more time awake each day. Of course, if you do it improperly it causes you to hallucinate and think you're in The Legend of Zelda, but there you are.
- From the Doctor Who WMG page:
After the Events of Victory of the Daleks the Dalek Rangers threw the most awesome victory party the universe has ever seen, in celebration of finally pulling one over on the Doctor. I only bring this up because the idea of the Daleks OF ALL RACES doing your typical wild party antics with those screeching voices of theirs amuses me.* "THE BOTTLE HAS SPUN! DALEK ETERNAL MUST SNOG DALEK STRATEGIST!"** Someone has to draw that now, complete with Dalek Scientist scuttling around at top speed with a lampshade on its head.*** "MY VISION IS IMPAIRED!"* Truth or Dare with Daleks. I swear, that would be the best party ever.Scientist: DALEK ETERNAL, TRUTH OR DARE?Eternal: ...TRUTH.Drone: WHO IS YOUR CRUSH?Eternal: ...CAN I DO A FORFEIT?
- The Headscratchers page for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- This response to the WMG that Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes is a furry in development and Hobbes is his fursona: "Bill Watterson is spinning in his grave, and he's not even dead!"
- This little exchange on the Fairy Tail Headscratchers page is quite amusing:
* There're still other jobs that I wouldn't really trust Fairy Tail members with. One job once was to teach a bunch of little kids magic...do you really want a Fairy Tail member to corrupt your young?** YES.
- On The Flintstones WMG page, the third & fifth entries and the reactions to them.
- This bit from the Mathematician's Answer Headscratchers page:
About the most recognized use of Mathematician's Answer is answering "yes" when meaning "both". "Do you prefer it shaken, or unstirred?" "Yes." This is universally understood by more or less everyone on the Internet. Which is what bugs me, since technically, mathematically if you will, such an answer would mean "yeah, one or more of them", which is nearly no answer at all. What is appalling is that no one else seems to notice the incongruity, and the Internet should be smarter than that. Am I wrong? Are they wrong? Is the Internet broken? The uncertainty is tearing me apart.Yes.
- From the Headscratchers page for The Dresden Files, this analogy to the Alpha's vigilante work around the University of Chicago campus:
The College isn't some five-star restaurant that everyone's trying to get into. It's McDonald's. A McDonald's where whenever you try to get a burger, someone punches you in the nose and knocks it out of your hand. After a while of that, you just say fuck it and go to Burger King instead.
- From the Futurama Headscratchers page:
Troper: You mean the military that treats Zapp Brannigan like the reincarnations of Sun Tzu and Napoleon combined?Zoidberg: Sunpoleon? I love that guy!
- From the Dirty Dancing Headscratchers page:
* How does Neil Kellerman know that there aren't any books in Johnny's room? It's not like he would have a reason to go there, right?** Obviously he sneaks into his room frequently to steal his underwear to smell at night... or the guy was just being condescending and assuming (probably rightly) that Johnny is not much of a reader and that that simply wasn't a believable excuse.*** I prefer the first option.
- From the Wild Mass Guessing for A Song of Ice and Fire:
* Or neither. My favorite WMG is Joffrey killed himself, by eating Tyrion's pie, which was poisoned by Olenna and Cersei's minions. (Joffrey even said "its the pie" as he died.) LF lies about it to Sansa to impress her. LF's obsession with Catelyn, and later Sansa, is due to the prophecy he received as a boy. Just like Cersei, it messed him up big time.** Hot Pie killed Joffrey.
- From The Magic School Bus Headscratchers
* How would Ms. Frizzle teach sex ed?
- While the WMG pages of the Ace Attorney page are chock-full of Funny Moments because of the tendency of their fans to treat discussions like Cross-Examinations (complete with the signature Memetic Mutation Big Word Shouts), one in particular proved so controversial and so funny that it became a post-based Roleplay featuring a plethora of characters from the work itself. Observe:
Ema Skye is hot. Don't deny it. Its better than the other theories here...** HOLD IT! Ema Skye the stand-in for Maya, or Ema Skye the detective? Choose your answer carefully.*** Let's see. The problem is, she's kind of a bitch in Apollo Justice...*** TAKE THAT! But the other one is sixteen.*** Objection! 16 years is too old for lolicon!*** OBJECTION! Have you SEEN Mia!?*** OBJECTION! You honor, the purpose of this inquiry is not to determine "Is Ema Sky hotter than Mia Fey?" but rather "Is Ema Skye hot?". Mia's hotness, while smokin', has no relevance to the case at hand! If the opposition wishes to claim Mia's hotness holds some relevance to the case of Ema's hotness, I must ask they prove it... with evidence!*** TAKE THAT! Phoenix (or you the player, whichever you prefer) has been with both, Ema and Mia at some point during his career. Phoenix has only worked with Ema on one case and that was when she was a hyper spunky 16 year old (thus not being legal in some parts of the world) while Mia was in her 20s before she died and even after death, she is summoned back many times to help Phoenix in his cases. As mentioned before, Ema, nearly 7-10 years later, has become a cold ice queen unless you bribe her with Snackoos or a fingerprint duster. Not to mention she can be somewhat flaky. Mia, however, can not only retain her "goods" while being channeled, but she always has something to help you out with and has a much nicer personality. Between a smart and smokin' woman and another woman who stuffs her face whenever you even annoy her, the defense proposes that Mia is an easier fish to catch compared to Ema!*** OBJECTION! ::Smirks, wags finger:: Nice try, rookie. But look back. What have you proven? 'Mia Fey is a very nice, smoking hot lady. Nicer and hotter than Ema, certainly.' ::Slams hand on desk:: As if anyone with eyes did not already know this! ::Points:: Yes, Mia IS hotter than Ema, smarter, and nicer! And if that were the purpose of this trial, you might have managed a full acquittal! But I must remind you again, the purpose of this trial is to determine 'is Ema Skye hot?', and ONLY to determine that fact! Mia Fey's hotness ::Slams hand on desk:: still has no relevance!*** Urk! (I thought I was on the right track...? Damn, I don't have any other options!) The defense...the defense...*** Phoenix...your looking at this the wrong way. Don't ask why she isn't hot...point out evidence that only exists because she isn't...wow. Is that her? And I thought Lana was hot...Nevermind, Wright. Your on your own on this one.*** Phoenix Wright!!! You foolishly foolish fool! Only an idiot would not think of a night with Ema once laying eyes on her ——>I mean...was that out loud? Shut up, lets go home Adrian.*** No fisher brags about any fish but the one that got away, Trite. Ema is not nearly so objectionable as you claim. The unavailable ice queen angle is still quite attractive. Or would you really ::slams mug on desk:: ...turn down Franziska Von Karma as well?!*** ...! Godot! ::slams hand on desk:: I must ask you not to bring up Wright's relationship with Franziska! For...er..personal reasons.*** The defense would like to propose that Detective Skye is, indeed, a stone-cold fox, if you manage to snap her out of her bitchiness. As evidence, he would like to present various pieces of forensic investigation equipment, which make her instantly more personable. If you date her, bring a fingerprinting kit.*** I find her young self cute as heck, and for her older self, the ice queen types normally annoy me, but something her ——>attitude is funny (QUIET, SNACK TIME) and her happy go lucky self can come out every so often, generally with the aid of ——>scientific crap.*** ORDER! (bangs gavel) We're here to discuss if Ema Skye can be considered "hot". We aren't discussing if she's the hottest thing in the series, just does she qualify. Any more bickering about irrelevant topics will result in penalties!*** TAKE THAT! Ema is definitely hot. ::holds paper sheets in his hand while hitting them, triumph music starts playing:: She was asked to provide security in The Gavinners concert, even though she publicly dislikes Klavier, such a band surely has the power (both as celebrities and as law officers) to have any member of the police staff they requested. On top of that, there weren't any groupies waiting in the Gavinners' dressing room. given all this evidence, one can assume that one or more of the Gavinners had the intention of performing actions of questionable nature with the detective. ::Slams hand on bench:: And why would someone have this intentions? ::Points finger::Because she is indeed hot!!!*** (Gasp!) Mr. Nick! How dare you do that to Mystic Maya! (Slap)*** What's going on in this thread, pal?*** Say, Nick, you can hook me up with this Ema chick, right? Nick, buddy?*** ::Wince:: Your Honor...this is...this is undue badgering of the troper! I won't let this...rookie slander the woman whom rid me of my hair!*** Wait a sec, folks. This gal's got her two cents, too! Ain't this "Mia" gal dead? ::Looks at picture:: HOO DOGGY! That's ghost I saw in my picture!*** (Slams Gavel) That's enough! The evidence presented to me is quite clear. I see no reason to continue this trial. This court finds Ema Skye VERY HOT BUT IS STILL A DEFROSTING ICE QUEEN!
- Most of Headscratchers.Rule Thirty Four may count, but these stand out:
Half the fun of Rule 34 is actively contributing to it. The horrified reactions of the rest of the internet are the other half.
Hydrogen atoms are kinky as heck. Being the most common element and being equally happy to gain or lose an electron, they really get around. Now, helium atoms, they're kinda prudes.
- As well as...
- The Headscratchers page for Bioshock Infinite is absolutely massive, due to a combination of an intricate plot that revolves around time travel and alternate universes, a very detailed background, developed characters, and the hype that surrounded the game which, of course, means many people have something to say and/or ask about it. So, every plot element, every character's motivation, every design choice is meticulously analyzed. What's the last entry on the page as of today (14th of March, 2014)? Whether or not a character has a mustache. What a combination of Mood Whiplash and Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking!
- The troper who always assumes someone is a Time Lord finally got it right on the Bravest Warriors WMG page.
- One of the WMGs for The Walking Dead Telltale game gets an hilarious response:
*Lee Everett never existedHe's just a figment of Clementine's imagination. Everything Lee does, Clementine actually does herself. The story ends with her realising she no longer needs him.
- On the Headscratchers page for Portal, some tropers began wondering what the In-Universe reason for orange gel being banned was; it was the one gel with no hazardous properties mentioned. Eventually, the tropers decided to make up a reason.
** Let's make one up! How about interior friction burns? Oh, and cancer. Everything causes cancer.
*** Running into a wall at 90 miles per hour seems like a pretty bad side effect.
*** The lab boys tell me that if you get this stuff on you, there's a good chance trying to move would... I don't know, something about peeling an egg with a sand blaster, I wasn't really paying attention. Now I'm hungry. Caroline, what's the lunch situation?
*** I'm sure it stains pretty badly as well.
- In Pirates of the Caribbean, the blacksmith protagonist is shown a drawing of a certain chest key and told he needs to sneak onto the Flying Dutchman to get it. Why don't they just copy the key? After a long discussion...
Plus, would the audience seriously enjoy watching thirty minutes of Will Turner in his blacksmithing shop hammering together that same key in variety of thickness? May as well call it Pirates of the Caribbean: Turner makes Keyes
Turner: Locksmith of the Caribbean is in development for CBS. It's scheduled to air after Treebeard, where the Ent plays a Columbo-style detective who solves crime... very slowly.
- The Steven Universe Headscratchers page has these two hilarious discussions:
*Wouldn't letting Greg drive his van into your heart kill you?**Probably, we'll have to test that.**Greg already did on Lapis's water-Steven: you can't drive a van into someone's heart without driving into the rest of them as well.
- The first one on the page, making a reference to a line from one of the show's songs:
* Pearl was driving Greg's van in "Ocean Gem", does she have a driver's licence? It's illegal to drive without a licence. Did Pearl go to driver's ed? How did she find the time? I hope Pearl's not illegally driving without a licence.**Really?**Wait, that's actually an interesting question. I remember that in "Gem Glow", when Amethyst said that she stole a bunch of cookie cats with the other crystal gems, Pearl said right after that she went back and paid for them, which made me believe that unlike the other gems, Pearl does care about the legal systems of earth. So I suppose she would have a driver's license, and also the other forms of documentation that a driver's license requires. But that raises another question: why does she know how to drive a car in the first place? Not only gems have much advanced means of transportation (warp pads), but they can also shapeshift into flying animals and objects (well, at least Amethyst does it all the time). I think it makes sense that Pearl would want to know how a car works, but why did she felt the need to actually learn how to drive one? And thinking about it... where did she get that money?**I guess the car thing, she probably went through a phase where she was actually addicted to driving (kind of like Garnet being addicted to "Meat Beat Mania" in "Arcade Mania") where she must drive, then somehow got over it. And the money, I guess there was a period of time where it was just Amethyst and Garnet going on missions so she was bored to tears then decided to get a paying job to pass the time until she's needed again. I guess it was during Rose Quartz pregnancy then after baby Steven was born, taking care of him was enough to keep her busy so she quit her paying job.
- And then there's one that starts out about how and why Pearl (who's a several thousand-year-old alien magical girl warrior, mind you) would know how to drive a car. The very thought of Pearl doing something as mundane as getting driving lessons is hilarious all on its own, but how the discussion on it unfolds is just as amusing, and very insightful at the same time:
- The Warhammer 40,000 enormous Headscratchers page has some hidden gems:
It's 40K - monumental administrative stupidity is the name of the game! (Actually, I don't think anyone'd play Monumental Administrative Stupidity 40,000, but the point stands.)If [Space Marines] trip, they stand back up; they're not bloody turtles.** Its one of the largest Hive Worlds in the Imperium, its definately not a dessert but it is probably barren.
*** Barren Terra may be, but as a dessert, it is quite delicious. But you'll need a hell of a knife to cut it.In related news, why is the Astronomican made as retarded as possible?Where do [C'tan phase swords] come from? I thought Impreirum could never get their hands on any Necron tech, since the Nec's teleportation is so advanced it wisps away every last bit of Necrodermis, if the Necrons are defeated.
* Rogue Trader Era Rulebook. They picked them up then when a bunch of people had access to C'Tan tech and carefully tuck them somewhere GW can't find whenever a new rulebook is coming.Can Chaos Space Marines grow beards?
- Go to the Five Nights at Freddy's World WMG page, then look under "Future/Secret characters that will be in the game". It's hilarious.
- The Inside Out WMG, which loves bringing up the Brazilian helicopter pilot, gems which include:
The Brazilian Helicopter pilot is Felix Cortez.Riley is the illegitimate daughter of the Brazilian Helicopter Pilot.The Brazilian Helicopter pilot is Miguel from Tekken.The bus driver's "Happy Thought" was the brazilian helicopter pilot...we'll never know for sure, but it was funny.Riley's Mom used to be an actress...on a Show called That Brazilian Helicopter Pilot.
- Suicide Squad (2016) Headscratchers page has this Critical Research Failure, complete with Deadpan Snarker answer:
Note thant when he transforms, Diablo starts speaking the divine language.
* The divine language known as Spanish.
Laconic / Playing W. / Haiku
- The Fetish Fuel page had Haikus:
I feel arousal.
But this film is G-rated.
Cleanest porn ever.
- The Playing With page for People Sit on Chairs. Just that someone would make that page is one thing, but...
- The So Bad, It's Horrible haiku by Tropers/Cow. It's pretty normal "Oh god, why!" stuff, until the last line which simply says:
- The Laconic description of No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!: No it isn't.
- When the work was previously called It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular!, the Laconic was: Yes, it is.
- The Laconic for Consummate Liar is Self-Demonstrating; the link down the bottom does not lead to the main page - it leads to Rick Roll
- The Laconic section for After Hours
Troper Tales / Fetish Fuel
NOTE: This wiki no longer has any Troper Tales or Fetish Fuel pages, but that doesn't mean you can't laugh at some of the stuff that used to be there!
- The Fetish Fuel examples being cut and moved to a separate wiki.
- The following from the Family Guy Fetish Fuel page:
- The Troper Tales page for Raging Stiffie. Totally relatable yet totally hilarious! Especially the Eiffel Tower bit.
- This exchange on the Kuudere Troper Tales page:
This Troper probably qualifies as one. On the outside, she's either a Shrinking Violet or cynical, tough, cold, and antisocial. Which she's really not. She's just really shy among strangers and doesn't like talking, but once she gets used to people or generally starts feeling comfortable, she's a Cloudcuckoolander, very playful, endlessly talkative, tends to joke a lot, and very much the opposite of what she seems.I don't remember leaving a story here. Hm.Nobody move. I think you may both be me.I didn't know I had three other identical personalities!That's because you actually have four. Take that as you will.Jesus Christ. Who are you people and why am I a clone now?Who are you and how did you take over my body?I didn't know I had female clones.Well it turns out that you have one more here.Someone forgot to turn the clone machine off.
- The entire Troper Tales page for Biggus Dickus, starting with the very first line: Any guy who posts anything about himself on this page is a liar.
- In the same vein, the Troper Tales I Call Him "Mr. Happy" page. The whole thing is hilarious, but this exchange really stands out:
I was inspired by this page to give mine a name. I have decided on Odin,for reasons that are easily speculated.Ooh, ooh, Huginn and Muninn! ...Dear god, I just enthusiastically christened another man's balls.
- Also, the troper who calls his "Boris". Another troper then remarks "Boris?" First troper: "Why not?"
- In the same vein, the Troper Tales I Call Him "Mr. Happy" page. The whole thing is hilarious, but this exchange really stands out:
- Certain examples from Troper Tales Epic Fail. To be specific:
- The story about entering the Batcave in Arkham Asylum.
- The story about CPR class.
- The story about the assassination attempt in Hitman: Blood Money.
- The story about the female mage attempting to open a door with a staff.
- The story about the nationalist rally in Armenia.
- Found on the Fetish Fuel page for Fullmetal Alchemist:
* Two words: TINY MINISKIRTS!** Not to mention that his love of dogs can be misinterpreted...*** Where my bitches at?
- From the Fetish Fuel page for Zelda:
* I like to imagine what Link, Zelda, and Midna did at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess after the final battle.** Talked a bit, cleaned up Ganondorf's body and then went home?
- From the Fetish Fuel page for Hellsing:
* This troper has a major fetish for long hair. Forget Alucard, Pip was driving her up the wall.** Or so she wished... -Bah-Dum-Tish-
- From the Troper Tales pages for Acceptable Nationality Targets:
- * And of course, this Antarctican troper is completely ignored. Send some sadism my way, tropers!** Quack quack quack.** Before we start making fun of you, can we have a sample of your blood and something hot? What for? Oh... no reason...** Since when can penguins use keyboards?*** Er... since igloos started getting internet access?*** Igloos are Northern Hemisphere structures.*** How do you expect me to know that! I'm American!
- This gem from Troper Tales Big Lipped Alligator Moment:
* This troper and his cousin had talked about going to the premiere of Revenge of the Fallen dressed as a Heavy/Medic pair, telling everyone that we were there to see the "TF2 movie". This was back before the official title was revealed and it was just referred to as Transformers 2, and we didn't bother to go through with it once the acronym didn't work anymore.
- The Troper Tales for Rule 34 have made many tropers laugh uncontrollably, for varying reasons. Some find the idea that someone, somewhere is getting off on cartoon porn is amusing, others say it's the other tropers and their subsequent horror of what can be pornified that's hilarious.
This Troper has seen LazyTown porn. How I wish I hadn't.* Hey, SOME of us are in fact counting the days to May 26, 2009.* What happens then, may I ask?* I'm actually sad I researched this. It's the day the actress playing Stephanie turns 18.* It happened yesterday. Er... celebrate?* Celebrate!!!
- This particular example is especially funny:
"This Troper once saw a picture of Princess Peach being raped by a unicycle with three penises, one of which was painted as a clown, one of which was painted as Mario, and one of which was painted as a ninja. Ugh."
- As is this one:
- The Troper Tales section for Gargle Blaster. Especially the creation of the Screaming Crackwhore.
So for want of a better name, since we took something nasty and made it good with Coke... The Screaming Crackwhore.
- This little gem from the Phineas and Ferb Troper Tales page:
* This Troper's sister works at Disney World. On a recent trip down to visit I found myself finding P&F references at every opportunity. She'd only seen an episode or two and didn't understand most of the running gags so as the week went on she got increasingly annoyed at me cracking jokes at everything, including the fact that of all the merchandise they sell, I couldn't find the plush Perry that I wanted. In a Fridge Brilliance moment when I got home, I realized I had spent the last 6 days driving my sister insane.
- The "are you me?" Running Gag on the Troper Tales page for Covert Pervert.
- From the Too Dumb to Live Troper Tales:
* This troper's sister has a host of Too Dumb to Live moments. She once asked what a baseball team, passenger train, and airport were.** But you could technically live without knowing what those are. Maybe an isolated, hermit's life but still a life.** She already knew what they were.** This troper is now picturing a massive, eight-tracked train — like something out of Against a Dark Background — with planes landing and taking off of its roof, managed by an AI assembled by combining the brainscans of a major baseball team — like Ennesby from Schlock Mercenary — because, of course, baseball players are excellent at teamwork and ballistic trajectories.*** Please report to the front desk to collect your ten internets, sir.
- From the Troper Tales page for Beware the Nice Ones:
* Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope. This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!** You want my pupils to disappear like those of Rena Ryuugu? I'd LOVE to become Solid Lead Pencil Crazy and switch from funny and all-around Nice Guy and go all Ryoko Asakura on you instead!*** Wow, multiple Beware the Nice Ones-related tropes here. I really am a young Yandere, aren't I? :D
- The guy on the Secret Identity Troper Tales page who likes to pretend to be named Mike in Starbucks.
- From the Fetish Fuel page for Zelda:
Morpha's tentacles? Sure, why not. Stupid Sexy Link getting tentacled? Sure, why not.
- The Old Shame Troper Tales page. Some of the stuff people came up with is utterly hilarious.
- The whole bottom section of the Troper Tales page for Perverse Sexual Lust, but these two bits take the cake:
*** Well, it's not like we would ever have to divide by character... right?*** (Stares at above troper) That's just asking for it.
- This from Troper Tales Refuge in Audacity:
* This Troper is writing a vampire story. At the end they have kids. How is it explained nobody finds out they're a family of vampires? Well, when you were a kid, you always pretended to be a wizard or whatever, right? Basically, children won't be believed when they say they're a vampire, and adults are smart enough to keep it a secret.** Okay, who let Stephenie Meyer on this page?
- This line from the Silent Hill Perverse Sexual Lust page is Made of Win:
- This bit from the Getting Crap Past the Radar Troper Tales page:
* This troper had an 11th grade English teacher way back in 2001 who was a few months from retirement. He didn't censor his mouth, he showed us R-rated movies without permission slips - his excuse? "What's the worst they can do, FIRE ME?".** The absolute best example of his non-censoredness was when he told the rambunctious class to quiet down, and two boys in the corner ignored him. He went right over to them and said "This is one of those things that Joe Jacobs is not supposed to say, but GOD DAMNIT, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" The class had been deathly silent during that outburst, but we all erupted into uncontrollable laughter afterwards except for the two who had been admonished.
- This quote from Troper Tales/Fetish Retardant:
"Bad grammar, spelling, etc. I'm reading to fap; I shouldn't need to use seven methods of critical analysis to understand what the hell's going on."
- The entire Troper Tales/ Funny Moments page.
Interface / Edit Reasons / YKTTW
- Click on "maybe" in the content warning page. Seriously, go.
- Every option in the new Relationship Status section in the user profile. Potential availabilities include:
700 wives and 300 concubines.Above such petty unnecessities.Baby don't hurt me.Brewing the love potion.Coming soon to theatres.Healthy, deeply-felt respect for this Shotgun.Hoping Senpai notices me.How YOU doin'?I like big bots and I cannot lie.If the government can read my mind, they know I'm thinking of you.Longing for my OTP.Naked on a bearskin rug, playing the saxophone. *RelationshipOutOfBoundsException: 1Showing feelings of an almost human nature.They can't hide forever. We've got satellites.TV Tropes ruined my love life.With my statistically significant other.You cannot grasp the true form.
- The YKTTW that launched Dada Comics. The troper hivemind took a blank YKTTW and ran with it.
i think we have something here, i'm gonna launch it
- AMNK's edit reason when deleting some first person stuff on the AwesomeMusic.Iron Maiden page:
Don't put yourself in examples. You are not a trope.
- In the history of Game of Thrones page, someone was cleaning up exclamation marks and left this comment.
If Elvis Presley returned from the dead, killed the President, and declared the dawn of the Age of Aquarius, it might- might- merit a second exclamation mark, if you were feeling particularly excitable.
- This ATT thread◊ about comparing the Beast to Bowser. It would be completely normal if not for the Waxing Lyrical...
Forum / Discussion / Reviews
- This image suggestion for Impaled Palm.
- This forum discussion. Since it's discussing FATAL, there's need for regular Brain Bleach, but the concentrations of sarcasm, schadenfreude, and Running Gags is extremely hilarious.
- This gem by A.Rex, in this thread:
"The thing I'm worried about is that it's due to happen right before Christmas. I mean, what kind of dick move is that?"
- Ambar Sonof Deshar shares his thoughts about Mane-iac in the Complete Monster cleanup thread:
"RE: Mane-iac. Oh God, not another MLP "example". And one whose goal is to give the cast bad hair. I'm just...wow, I'm not even sure how to respond to that. I mean, how is that even an MEH? Hell, how is that anything worse than a bad practical joke? At least previous nominees had done something actually villainous. This? No, no, and NO!"
- Mikado's glowing review of FATAL.
- Puppet Chaos's review of Sonichu.
- This forum post by Blackmoon.
Charlatan: Mighty Anonym boldsizing his Jesus bit in his signature rubs me the wrong way.Blackmoon: "boldsizing his Jesus bit" Thank you, Charlie, I now have a new synonym for jerking off.
- This forum disscusion (ITT: We are in a Slasher Movie) certainly looks like it is starting to belong here.
- On December 28, 2010, the day after it was announced the It Just Bugs Me! forum was shutting down, SPACETRAVEL gave us a jumble of various recurrent topics, under the title "It's not funny anymore.":
First of all, I'm going to assume that you already understand that adaptations are never better than the originals, but to the point:It's not cute, it's not sympathetic, it doesn't make you any more of a catboy, so cut it out. I hate it when people abuse their senses of humor this way, thinking their jokes are harmless and affectionate when they're really dehumanizing those nearest and dearest to them by doing shit like this. When you talk that way about your friends, you may not know it, but it sounds to me like you're saying they ought to put on your jammies. Dorm etiquette, man. Learn it, and someday, you might be able to support your own health care.Besides, the crude style of comedy in question went out of style in the 30s. Yep, even in the Great Depression, when resources were tight, a whole form of entertainment was spent—because it just wasn't funny. I'm anticipating objections from the "FDR and the Atheists did Fetishes" crowd, and I challenge them to:* One: explain to me why they think such a conspiracy, if there was one, was such a bad thing.* Two: man up.As well, it's blatantly camp homophobic. The use of only heterophones in the the centrally important iambic pentameter section to the exclusion of even the homophones that would be more concise and versatile additions to the song betrays a structure built to make a statement against people attracted to the same sex. And it's not even funny. I've been more amused by arguments about abortion, so I am for both women and men having the legal right to abort this fallacy. Death of the Author with a vengeance.And worst of all, it's just lazy writing. Put some thought and time into your work and give us some sound quality that doesn't smell like pot. People with asthma will thank you. Transcend the Fan Dumb.Oh, and inb4 "What are you talking about?" and "What is 'it'?" I know what I'm talking about, and if you don't, maybe you should take a look at yourself. Maybe you should stop it, because it's not funny anymore.Hastily added expression of hope that I do not get banned for this. Lie that the thread is a self-demonstrating Headscratchers about performance art, which actually doesn't bug me at all. Series of too many apologies.How many threads can you find in this jumble?
- This suggestion from one troper to another on worldbuilding.
Get drunk. Get pen. See what happens.Not recommended for those under the drinking age, those who operate heavy machinery, or fans of Twilight.
- This attempt by tropers to make the memetastically cheesy lines from Star Fox 64 more verbose.
- The following from the Lady Gaga Discussion page:
Do we need a Lady Gaga Music Video Drinking Game? Of course we do. These are the ones a friend and I came up with.Every time two people start making out, take a shot. Every time Gaga's costume changes, take a shot. Every time a video makes a callback to a past song, video, or some other aspect of her performing career, take a shot. Every time you see subliminal advertising, take a shot. For every instance of gratuitous foreign language, take a shot. For every cameo of her dogs, take a shot. Every time Gaga puts something in her mouth, take a shot. Whenever she pantomimes a gun, take a shot.
- This forum thread. It starts out complaining about an upcoming movie, then turns into an assassination plot.
- You can find some pretty hilarious things that Tropers have dreamed here.
- This dream about Princess Celestia and jelly beans.
Had one weird dream last night... I was watching Darkwing Duck and it just went off. The next show was on, and there were aliens that invaded lizard cavemen. (One of them even sounded like DW.) Anyway, the aliens wanted hair that was growing on the cavemen for no apparent reason. After they got enough of their hair, and some of their scales, they began eating them, which in turn merged all of them into one giant smiling jellybean. The jellybean then exploded into tons of other jellybeans, and who emerged from the jellybean explosion?None other than Princess Celestia herself!Then the My Little Pony theme started up...
- The alternate ending to "The Beast Below".
I recently had an... interesting dream. It was during "The Beast Below", when the 11th Doctor was was ranting about how the humans were awful and so was he since he was going to lobotomize the space-whale. Then, mid-rant, the 10th Doctor comes in out of nowhere and sucker-punches him, and tells him to shut up, as he has done worse. Then, ALSO out of nowhere, the 6th Doctor comes in, shoves 11 to the ground and he and 10 start kicking him while 11 (curled in a ball) starts muttering about keeping out of his shed.Then I fell out of bed.
- This Phineas and Ferb dream and the resulting comment.
- This dream, if only for the hilarious mental image it invokes:
I was ballroom dancing with Waluigi. I'm not even sure what to think of this one. At least he was good at it.
- This....unusual (and mildly NSFW) dream involving the dreamer, his family, and the cast of Tropic Thunder searching for a "rape lion" simply has to be read to be believed.
- "I'M A FOOOOOX!! BOOOOOOM! BOOOOOOOM!!"
- This dream about Princess Celestia and jelly beans.
- This review of The Avengers (2012).
- This thread that was obviously going to become a complaining thread. The funny part was when one of the mods were the first person to reply to it. (surprisingly, it didn't get locked).
- The TMNT: Out of the Shadows thread gets off to a fine start.
JAF 1970: XBLA and PSN this Summer. *trailer link*Zeromaeus: Aahh! Get back in the shadows!
- A clock notice in the Purple Prose TRS conversation is so Purple that the OP didn't understand what it's trying to say.
- Near about every post on the Weird things you did as a kid thread, wherein the tropers discuss weird things they did when they were little.
- One Trope Repair Shop thread was made to decide the fate of Blessed Are the Cheesemakers, a cheese-based trope that was undergoing an identity crisis. What takes the cake are all the cheese puns made by most of the posters who voted. Even the OP snuck in one.
- In an Image Pickin' thread for I Fought the Law and the Law Won, two replacements were suggested: one that would gain consensus◊, and...this◊. To make things funnier, one user who voted has something to say about the latter while voting for the former: