Creator Emily Youcis, in all her glory.
Emily Youcis, aka Emily Pukis in her band, is an animator, blogger, internet personality, and host of her talk show Da Emily Show
. She holds a tight standard of no standards in her works, ranging from violent music videos, comedy, stoner humor, whose animations are often sexual in some manor and almost always ridiculously violent.
Emily is known for many things. Primarily for her super character, Alfred Alfer, a dog suffering from dissociative identity disorder and his comedic adventures turned psychotic rampage. Apparent (in some form) in all of her but earliest project animations, he has been foremost her biggest self-obsession and focus in her works, enduring years of development and shaping him to become a darkly poetic, literal Freudian metaphor. A movie starring him and his redemption is now in the works.
A big talker in person, she has her own talk show on ScrappleTV, where she apparently gets stoned and does whatever she feels like doing. Emily has had a multitude of interviews regarding her Alfred Character and other works, as heard on Smut Cave and Wedge Radio.
Also well known for her collaborative projects, she has been a big influence in Jimmy ScreamerClaus' Where the Dead Go to Die
series and other projects and was the animator to MC Bushpig
and the Butchers' Harem's Eat My Rotten Meat
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She appears to be a total weirdo on her show but in her interviews, gives deep philosophy into her Alfred character.
- Cloudcuckoo Lander: In spades, especially as herself in Da Emily Show wherein the first episode she promoted a tiger head-shaped mug while barking like a dog and calling herself the savior.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Alfred mostly, but also a lot of her other characters since she usually has to be the one to voice them.
- Darker and Edgier: Her animations have grown exponentially in this trope over the past decade.
- Deranged Animation: Her shorts were pretty surreal, yet not as deranged as Alfred's Playhouse and movie, the Eat My Rotten Meat music video, and fan music videos of Tyler The Creator.
- The Lad-ette: Emily is a good real-life example of this trope. She's pretty energetic and outspoken, likes to drink, makes sexually explicit and violent videos, and swears quite a bit.
- Mad Artist: She has a touch of this trope. She's very odd, random, and full of energy... But it pretty much just makes her charming and funny. You can watch her and be like, "Yeah, that's the person who made Alfred's Playhouse".
- Medium Blending: Originally basing her animations on simple 2-D animation and cut-and-paste images, she now occasionally layers these on top of 3-D animation and CGI. She does this primarily for the Alfred Alfer movie.
- Reference Overdosed: All of her animations make abundant references to all her favorite media, far too much for this page alone. For a full list, see Emily Reference Overdosed. artists/media GG Allin, Western Animation/Metalocalypse, Tyler The Creator, and friend musician Passenger of Shit.
- The Stoner: She acts and looks stoned, constantly. This is especially evident in her show which by and large is her convulsing and uttering non-sense.
- Surreal Humor: Keystone to Da Emily Show.