Web Video: Epic Meal Time
"We make your dreams come true, and then we eat them."
"Online cooking show! Got the magnum of Jack Daniels, about to change the game! What'you know about cooking? Breakfast! Wake up — WAKE THE (caw!) UP!"
—Harley Morenstein, host, in Breakfast of Booze.
So a Montreal high school substitute teacher and his friends
decided one day to put a ton of fast food items onto a pizza shell, cover that in cheese and cook it. Then, surprisingly, it got hits. Now, they've turned their gluttony into a weekly series devoted to the most high-calorie and fattening dishes imaginable: Epic Meal Time. The show started in October 2010 and is still ongoing, with new episodes every Tuesday.
With the audacity to call themselves an "online cooking show", the first efforts soon expanded into meat sculptures, questionable uses of bacon
, "meat glue", bacon
and five birds in a pig
- and bacon
is at last up and running. They have made an appearance on Jay Leno
, where they made a shepherd's pie that was also a car.
Their new show, Epic Chef
, a Cooking Duel
between two contestants who have their meals judged by Harley and two guest judges, premiered in December 2012. New episodes are posted every Friday in addition to the regular Epic Meal Time
episodes every Tuesday.
In addition to the above, Epic Meal Time's "online cooking show" status is now validated every Saturday with Handle It
, an instructional video series using the Epic Meal Time Sellout Kitchen Arsenal. Here, the Epic Meal Time crew teaches you the tricks of their trade with all of the classic character antics of the normal show.
They reached new heights of selling out with the creation of their Epic Meal Empire television show on some random channel named FYI.
Just opened a Characters
page. It Needs Wiki Magic Love
This series provides examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes - At the start of "Fast Food Meatloaf"
- Another time, just as Harley and the gang are cornered by zombie vegans, Muscles Glasses comes in and saves the day.
- Big Eater - This shouldn't require an explanation.
- As one YouTuber said: "When these guys die, it will be from a heart attack that will take out half a block with them."
- Big Guy: They are ALL very tall, but Muscles Glasses fits this trope the best due to his physique.
- Big "NO!" - One of the crew in the background at the end of "The Sloppy Roethlisburger", when Harley slams his bottle of Jack Daniel's on the counter, causing the bottom to break and spill the contents.
- Bilingual Bonus - The text on the title card of "Fast Food Sushi"note .
- Extra points if you know what bukkake means.
- In "Epic Indian Experience", the waiter translates Harley's description of the dishes.
- Blatant Lies - In "Bacon Bacon Truck", a girl "swears she's 21" before a group does some prison shots. After Harley (wisely) cards her, she leaves.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: From Candy Taco Night:
Harley: Epic Meal Time reminding you to keep your teeth clean, stay in school, keep off drugs and murder all your enemies. I murder all my enemies.
- Breakout Character - Muscles Glasses. As if it wasn't apparent in the videos, he's the only cast member in "WebVideo/EpicMealTime LIVE" to receive his own introduction sequence.
- Bucket Helmet - One person wears one in "Air, Sea and Landsagna".
- Call Back - "Maximum Mac and Cheese" featured macaroni and cheese variants of no less than five previous dishes.
- Canada, Eh? - Muscles Glasses' dad is a lumberjack for crying out loud.
- Mistaken Nationality - More than a few first time viewers assume the cast are American. No guesses as to why.
- Catch Phrase - "What'you know about x?!"
- "Next time, we eat x".
- "Next level x maneuver/technique!"
- "(caw!)ing SMART!"
- "Ah, what up, x?!"
- "Haters" and variants usually gets injected at random intervals.
- "Drip-drop drippin'!"
- "You wanna (caw!) this or what?!"
- "Fingering/Fisting those chicks [eggs]."
- "...and then you put it in the oven, and then you win!"
- "YouTube money!"
- More recently: "Epic Meal Time online cooking show every Tuesday!" (said by Harley to start each episode, once the gang is in the kitchen).
- "Gosh, we used to be so polite, but the bacon made us crazy!"
- "Mother maple tree tit syrup!"
- From Handle It, "Remember, you don't need to know (caw!) about cooking, to know how to cook. You just need to know how to X."
- ...and bacon strings, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips.
- Chainsaw Good - Harley uses one in "Meatball Deathstar":
Harley: EVERY TUESDAY: EPIC MEAL TIME! Comin' at you with a chainsaw and a big pile o'meat! If you ain't down with that...THEN YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH COOKING!!!
- Another one is used in "Meat Shield" against a dummy dressed in bacon, pot roast, pepperoni and ribs.
- Chewing the Scenery - 100% chewy monologue. SPREAD THAT SAUUUUZZE!
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome - The two girls who were recurring characters on the show (beginning with "Massive Meat Log") haven't appeared in the videos anymore. "Fast Food Meatloaf" even had different girls play the roles that would normally be filled by them.
- And then one of them (later revealed to be named Sarah, who has her own Twitter page) returned in the "Angry French Onion Soup" episode. This was also one of Muscles Glasses's last episodes.
- Tyler left the show too as of 2013, due to an argument.
- Caustic Critic: Every judge on Epic Chef.
- Cloudcuckoolander - Arguably, Tyler; Prince Atari has shades of this, too, depending on the episode.
- The Comically Serious - Cousin Dave, who uses utensils to eat as calm and composed as possible, while the rest of the guys just gorge themselves with the food.
- Cooking Duel: Epic Chef.
- Cool Shades - Harley in "Fast Food Pizza" and Muscles Glasses afterward.
- The chefs and the waiter in "Epic Indian Experience".
- Cordon Bleugh Chef
- Costume Porn - Steampunk Meal Time
- Corpsing: Mook is prone to corpsing when Harley is on camera. Examples include the Gentlemen Beef Wellington, and Candy Sushi episodes.
- Cross Over, Special Guest - With Freddie "freddiew" Wong in "Epic VFX Time" and "West Coast Burger Pile" (alongside Corridor Digital).
- Crowd Song - In "EpicMealTime LIVE":
Harley: "When I say "Muscles", you say "Glasses! MUSCLES!!"
- Cultured Badass - Yes, Harley may spend most of his time hamming up new dinners in every possible sense of the word, but he also knows, on a scientific level, exactly why he does what he does with food, and exactly why that makes it taste better: humans are programmed by evolution to like fatty foods.
- From "Puzzle Of The Lambs":
, the tri-head that guards the underworld."
- Deep-Fried Whatever - Especially in beer batter.
- Did You Just Eat Cthulhu? - "Meat Cthulhu"
- Double Entendre - In "Tequila Taco Night":
Harley: "Taco night is when we lay some beef in a pink taco...drip some guacamole...make her sour cream..."
Harley: "...we're gonna give your sweet tooth a sexual root canal."
Harley: "Canucks love their Kraft Mac & Cheese...and bacon, and igloos, and maple and beavers. (Snicker) Maple beavers..."
Harley: "Next time, we eat a cat burglar...or a pussy thief."
- Played straight at first in "Meatzza", but then subverted at the last second:
Harley: "SA-OOOSAGES! Some are big, some are small. All of them are nice and juicy...not to sound gay or anything..."
- Drink Order - Jack Daniels, mother(caw!)!!
- Drugs Are Bad - In "Sausage Fest", while making eggs, Harley states they're "Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke." He then suggests "Smoke crack?", but immediately answers "No, that's bad."
- Early Installment Weirdness - "Fast Food Pizza" sees Harley not nearly as hammy (or rehearsed); it's just him and Muscles Glasses (who doesn't even keep his signature shades on most of the time and actually talked) eating a pizza loaded with hamburgers, chicken wings, fries, etc.
Harley: "Gosh, we used to be so damn polite. But the bacon made us crazy!! And by crazy, I mean smart!!"
- Erotic Eating - Played straight with the "Massive Meat Log".
- Even Gluttony Has Standards - In "The Ostrich Nest", Harley gives a saddened, gloomy expression due to the elephant birds of Madagascar being extinct.
- Pragmatic Gluttony - Or perhaps he was simply disappointed that he couldn't eat an elephant bird egg because they're extinct?
- Or perhaps he gave it because he IS the reason they went extinct.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies/Zombie Apocalypse - Whichever trope "Zombie Meal Time" falls under depends on how you look at it: within the context of the episode, it appears to be the latter full-blown. However, when taking this episode in the context of the whole series, it's merely an example of the former.
- Fanservice - You like to watch girls eating? You do now. Straight female vorehounds? This is your mecca.
- Flat "What." - The usual response from fast-food outlets from whom they order in bulk in the drive-thru. There's no way that listening to their confusion wouldn't be the best bit of doing Epic Meal Time.
- Food Porn - But not the kind of soft, loving and tender porn you're used to. No, this is the manly, bacon-filled, made-of-meat food porn...for you perverts out there.
- Note that one of the men is a trained chef. Think about that for a while.
- In "Ultimate Pizza Sandwich", Epic Mook takes it a bit too seriously, and suggests he's going to use a freshly-microwaved pizza pocket in place of a Fleshlight.
- Friend to All Children - Harley, who draws the line at dead baby jokes and gives apple pie to kids.
- Just as an FYI, the man used to be a middle school. Social Studies teacher.
- Fun with Subtitles - On the title card for most episodes.
- Funny Background Event - During Peanut Butter and Jelly Archetype, there's a sequence where Harley shows all of the food they've made for the episode, complete with calories counters. While he's doing this, Muscles Glasses is standing right next to him, eating from a jar of Nutella in his pocket with a mixing spoon.
- Genre Savvy - In "84 Egg Sandwich", Harley goes and orders close to 100 breakfast sandwiches from McDonald's. The employee manning the drive-thru station (correctly) guesses it's for an Epic Meal Time project.
- One of the drive-thru clerks does the same thing in "Fast Food Lasagna".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar - In "The Ostrich Nest":
- Gingerbread House - "OF MEAT AND CHEEZ WHIZ! Merry Christmas."
- A God Am I - Invoked in "Puzzle of the Lambs", where they play God and make a "culinary abomination".
- Godwin's Law / Hitler Ate Sugar - "You know who else didn't like too much bacon? Hitler. And you don't want to be Hitler, do you? No. He's got stupid hair."
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Lampshaded in "Maximum Mac and Cheese":
Harley: "For all you flub-sucking dark-gargling Tom Henry mother-father short-stains - This is a family restaurant."
- Gross Out Show: Some people may be disgusted by what they serve up. Viewers beware.
- Guns and Gunplay Tropes - "Russian Meal Time" provides examples of:
FPSRussia: "Okay, this is the MP5K. "K" stands for "Kompact" in German, don't give me bullshit; I know what the gun is."note
- Artistic License Ė Gun Safety - Parodied in one bit despite all the other proper uses: Tyler tries to demonstrate skinning potatoes, but accidentally grabs a grenade instead. Harley immediately stops him.
- Everyone Is Armed - Played with: Muscles Glasses makes mashed potatoes while holding a submachine gun.
- Pistol-Whipping - Harley, Muscles Glasses and FPSRussia take turns tenderizing meat, the latter using a Desert Eagle to do it.
- Spent Shells Shower - Sort of: FPSRussia dribbles bullets out of his mouth at the end.
- Swiss Army Gun - Harley uses a rifle + bayonet as a skewer for around half a dozen hamburgers.
- Trigger Happy - Invoked by FPSRussia during the shooting range segment against users of this trope. Harley starts to turn guilty when a Desert Eagle wounds up in his hand, but slightly subverted when he asks FPSRussia if it's alright to pull the trigger after the latter inspects the gun first.
- Wall of Weapons - At the gun store
- Hilarious Outtakes - Five collections of outtakes have been released so far, but one scene was included as a stinger:
: Changin' the game! (Harley slaps down a bottle of Jack Daniels...which is accompanied by a crack.) Off-camera voice
: (as booze starts leaking) OHHH! (Harley picks up the bottle, just as the bottom of the bottle falls out.) Harley
: Oh (caw!)
... Off-camera voice
- Hot-Blooded - The beginning of "Candy Pizza" confirms Harley as this.
- Hypocritical Humour - Harley calls the audience perverts for wanting to watch a girl eat the "Massive Meat Log" — then the reverse angle shows him and all of his friends doing the exact same thing.
- Improvised Clothes - A bacon bikini in the "Gentleman's Episode".
- Insistent Terminology - How Harley justifies the Product Placement during the meals: "We didn't sell out—they bought in."
- Insult Backfire - Their official website links to a lambasting from PETA in their About section, indicating they may be proud of having pissed them off.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY - In "Candy Poutine", Cousin Dave corrects Harley's mixing-up of 'ganache' and Grenache brand caramel. When Harley does it again, saying "carmel" and Dave corrects him, he drops a Precision F-Strike on Dave.
- Known Only by Their Nickname - Alex "Muscles Glasses" Perrault
- Land, Sea, Sky - "Air, Sea and Landsagna"
- Large Ham - Harley's one and he proceeds to cook truckloads.
- Malaproper - Harley opens with one in "Tequila Taco Night":
Harley: "I've been sippin' on that green and smokin' that liquor all day."
- Male Gaze - There's a lot of cleavage in "The Black Legend".
- Masochist's Meal - As tasty as a lot of these dishes look, consider their high fat content and calorie counts.
- Also in "Maximum Mac and Cheese" and "Sausage Fest".
- Mathematician's Answer - In "Meat Building 101", Paolo asks Tyler what kind of meat they used to build the Slaughterhouse. Tyler stumbles over his answer, but essentially tells him, "All of the meat."
- Mundane Made Awesome - They do for meat what Light Yagami did for potato chips.
- In Discount Meal Time, Muscles Glasses gets into a rap battle. Instead of his own counter rap...he just gives him the finger and everyone loses their minds like he just gave the biggest diss ever!
- Ms. Fanservice - The girl from "Massive Meat Log":
: "We all know
that no one wants to see a douchebag eat a corndog, so we brought a little girl in for all you perverts!"
- They use another girl for "Fast Food Sushi"; they both come back for "The Black Legend".
- They, plus a horde of other hot girls, appear in "Maximum Mac and Cheese", "Drunken Mess" and "Sausage Fest".
- "Fast Food Meatloaf" starts off with the boys "rescuing" a trio of Ms Fanservices (including Lights) from some "hamburglers".
- Ninja Bacon Pirate Zombie Bacon Robot -- Bacon Edition
Harley: "Some say we're the spawns of evil, meat-demon cyborgs. Well, we're not: we've got mother(caw!)ing moms...that are the spawns of evil, meat-demon cyborgs!"
- Neck Lift - Muscles Glasses to two thieving thugs in "Fast Food Meatloaf".
- Noble Wolf: Muscles Glasses' father has a pet wolf...who loves bacon. Beacon is a pleasure that crosses species boundaries.
- Non Sequitur
- "SUSHI! FAST FOOD! SEX!"
- "WE 'BOUT TO GET DRUNK OFF PANCAKES!!!"
- "We're about to die for this. What'you know about dyin'?"
- "What up, meat sauce?"
- Nutritional Nightmare: They live off this trope, routinely cooking gigantic dishes with tens (sometimes hundreds) of thousands of calories and thousands of grams of fat. Expect to see a lot of bacon in their meals.
- Object Ceiling Cling: In the "Mac Burgers" Handle It video Epic Mook throws a handful of macaroni onto the ceiling in a variation on the "if your pasta sticks to the wall it's ready" cooking trope.
- Once per Episode - "Next time, we eat x!" where x is something outlandish or impossible to eat.
- Subverted in "The Slaughterhouse": "Next time, we eat dessert!" Sure enough, the following week was "The Black Legend": two girls eating a gigantic crepe.
- Also subverted in "Epic H'our D'oeuvres":
"Next time, we eat ice cream." (Cue all the girls cheering)
- In "12 Gauge Hot Dog", Harley says "Next time, we eat blood!" and in the next video, "Zombie Meal Time", Muscles Glasses takes a shot of Jack Daniels and blood.
- Averted in the first video, which ends with Muscles Glasses (sans glasses) raising his arms in the air triumphantly after eating.
- At the end of French Fry Salad:
"Next time, we eat sell outs. Next time, we eat while selling out... Netflix.com/bacon."
- Subverted in "Candy Sushi":
"Next time, we eat. We have to, or we'll die."
- Out of Focus: Muscles Glasses drops out of sight for several episodes (March-May 2012). Harley and the gang mention him in passing, and he is briefly seen hitchhiking along a back road. They offer up a sacrifice to prepare for his return ("Fastfood Sacrifice"), then cook him a bacon-stuffed cheeseburger after he shows up and helps them defeat a gang of vegan zombies ("Zombie Vegan Attack!"/"Boss Bacon Burger").
- Overly Long Gag - Bacon in general.
- Pet the Dog - Harley and his crew are vulgar, crude, and gluttonous but they and their fellow YouTube celebrities helped people out in the Soup Kitchen
- Precision F-Strike - In "Spam Fries Four Loko", Cousin Dave shouts one out when someone tells him there's an automatic can opener after he finishes opening a couple of canned goods with a manual can opener.
- A Rare Sentence - During Epic Christmas Carol:
Harley: "Ainít no surprises here, we throw in more bacon, but we donít wanna compromise the whole integrity of this rice crispy snowman. Now thatís a sentence I can guarantee no other human being has said except for me just now."
- Rated M for Manly/Testosterone Poisoning - Debatable on which trope the show really follows; regardless, both come along with clogged arteries.
- Real Men Eat Meat
- Subverted for Fanservice instead in "Massive Meat Log".
- Invoked in "Sugar Shack" by Muscles Glasses' lumberjack father.
- Totally averted with "Candy BBQ" and "Candy Poutine".
: "Well I guess you can say that this is the "no-meat" episode...but don't you (caw!)
ing say it."
- Recut - The Director's Cut of "Zombie Meal Time", one of the most controversial episodes gets a brand new opening, the cooking narration absent in the original, new scenes of the guys talking while in makeup and is streamlined from 7.5 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Red Baron - In "Fast Food Sushi", Harley dubs himself the "Sauce Boss".
: "And we got these custom sauces, 'cause I'm the 'Doctor of Dressing', aka the 'Pharaoh of Flavour', aka the 'Minister of Mixture', aka the 'Connoisseur of Condiments', aka the 'Don of the Drippin', aka the 'Jeff Goldblum
of the Internet', aka... [dramatic zoom on the sauces] ...the Sauce Boss
- And in Fast Food Shepherds' Pie, he refers to himself as the "Shepherd of Grease/Greece."
- Refuge in Audacity -
In the kitchen, no candy missin'! We got gay bacon strips. We got gay sour worms.note
We got candy (caw!)
And we got some candy fruit! Not a big deal. *deep inhale* Smell that? We've got real bacon, too!
- Relax-o-Vision - "Fast Food Fondue Mixology" features "Your Weekly Bacon Moment," set to soft music while Harley talks quietly.
- Rousing Speech - Most of the video intros; take "84 Egg Sandwich" for example:
: "Oh, you wanna change the game? Well, if you wanna change the game, you gotta stay ahead of it! And how do you do that? You eat a well-balanced brookfast
of eggs, bacon, sandwiches and liquor
! Rise and shine, you tired-ass mother(caw!)
- Self-Deprecation - Invoked in "Tequila Taco Night":
Harley: "If you don't marinate your meat in a Ziploc bag, you think too highly of yourselves."
- Serial Escalation - It started with a dish that anyone could make, then other culinary mashups. As more episodes rolled in, the dishes involved long and complex preparation methods, vegetables and require an entire dinner table of people to finish.
- Serious Business: The one time they don't drink alcohol is "Maximum Protein Experience", which is (vaguely) themed on staying in shape, and filmed in a gym. Doesn't stop them from hamming it up, and using lots of bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips...
- Sharp-Dressed Man: The whole cast in "The Gentleman's Episode".
- Shout-Out - According to the crew, the Epic Meal Time logo is derived from the Jackass logo. Naturally, Harley admits the show's really "Jackass in the kitchen".
- Massive Meat Log - "We took a break out of destroying noobs on Black Ops to destroy your arteries on Youtube."
- Meatball Deathstar
- Slaughterhouse - They made a Meat Boy. However, on the fat and calorie counter it's listed as...a Super Meat Boy.
- The Black Legend - 2 girls, 1 crepe
- Epic Eggroll - "General Tao. Colonel Sanders, salute your chicken superior."
- Meat Salad - "Cooking Without Borders...unless those borders are bacon."
- The Sloppy Roethlisberger
- Tequila Taco Night - "Next time, we eat Snooki's (meow~)."
- Deleted Scenes 1 - "Rap shows! Fur coats! Raccoons! Glasses! Video games! Pulls! Metal! Wood! Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart!"
- Maximum Protein Experience - When Muscles Glasses "rejoins" the crew, he does the Predator handshake.
- Puzzle of the Lambs - Lamb Chops Slay-A-Long
- Maximum Mac and Cheese - One of the two guys in the beginning of the episode presses "G8" on the jukebox, when he meant to press "G7".
- Cheesy Grilled Cheese Tower - Now that's a familiar looking shield and sword mounted on the wall...
- Candy BBQ - "Hater, you're Augustus Gloop. Call us Willy Wonka when we temper that chocolate."
- Ninja Turtle Soup
- Fast Food Meatloaf - Prince Atari swings around an Energy Sword in one of the cutaway gags. Lights even uses it to cut the meatloaf.
- Epic Stockyard Burger - "Next time, we eat the Cosmic Cube."
- Russian Meal Time - "Camouflaging our bacon from thermal vision. Ain't you seen Predator?"
- Harley: "Epic Meal Time ain't Epic Meal Time unless we drizzle all over it, am I right, Cosmic Panda?"
- Harley: "Look at that, Shane Dawson!"
- EpicMealTime LIVE - "What up now, Stan Lee?"
- Ostrich Nest - "An Ostrich Nest ain't an Ostrich Nest without ostrich meat, am I right, Big Bird?"
- Meat Shield
- Sausage Fest - "THIS is a knife!"
- West Coast Burger Pile - "Dont drink the hot dog-flavored Jack Daniels, you chocolate starfish!"
- Meat Cthulhu - Meatmare5
- Super Pastry Cake - Big pile of smosh
- If you listen carefully during the episode, you can hear Prince Atari make some "nom nom nom" sounds when they make a TurBaconEpic.
- Meat Garden - "Next time, we eat skooma!"
- Harvey dresses up as Buzz Lightyear in a Halloween video.
- Shart Week: Shark Week
- Filthy Reuben - Shart Week Day 4: Friendship...Friendship....Friendship
- They had two episodes dedicated to X-COM and Assassin's Creed.
- Frakenpig - "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Bacon Soceity..."
- Hot Dog Casserole ends with Harley acting like Mister Rogers.
- Fish and Chips Filet - "The bacon has landed on the strip; execute order 66."
- Sophisticated as Hell: "Here at Epic Meal Time, we value presentation, bitch."
- Sound Effect Bleep - Nearly every curse word is censored via a crow's call. At least one instance of the word "vegetables" was censored, too.
- If you listen carefully in certain episodes, they do forget to edit out some curse words.
- Averted in the first half of "EpicMealTime LIVE".
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Tyler at the beginning of "New Years Hangover Cure"
- Standard Hero Reward: Parodied in "Fast Food Meatloaf":
: "Holy crap, my burgers! How can I ever repay you?" Harley
: "I dunno...maybe (caw!)
ing share with us, you greedy bitches
- The Power of Friendship - The (intangible) thing that the guys run off of. Tea Gardner would be very pleased indeed.
- The Smurfette Principle: The Epic Meal Empire television show adds a girl named Natalie to the cast. Officially her purpose is to track down clients for the guys to make epic meals for, but certain scenes make it fairly obvious that she's only there because Executive Meddling demanded that the main cast include a female.
- The Stoic - Aside from "Sugar Shack," Muscles Glasses will get in maybe two lines of dialogue during a couple episodes; most of the time he'll remain quite and/or communicate with strong glares at the camera.
- Stuffed In The Fridge - The guys take it to a literal meaning by stuffing Jamie Oliver in the fridge so they can feed him the Fish and Chips Filet.
- Swiss Army Appendage - Played with in "Russian Meal Time":
Harley: "Muscles Glasses has a detachable penis, that also happens to be a combat knife."
- Take That - "What you doin'? Hatin'? STOP HATIN'!!! BLEND YOUR OWN BACON!!!"
- "Meat Salad". Seriously, just listen to some of Harley's dialogue in the video:
"What'you know about health? "Salad"? (caw!) SALAD
"Epic Meal Time showing you how to make a real
- They gave a very scathing F-U on their Facebook page to the people who were hating on "Drunken Mess".
- A vegetarian of 4 years was pressured into eating a bacon strip in "Bacon Bacon Truck".
- Tastes Like Purple: or Crazy Alcohol Rainbow Pig
- The Team
- The Leader - Harley, who invented and hosts the show.
- The Lancer - Sterling, who, although is seen rarely in episodes, is not just the cameraman, but the video editor.
- The Big Guy - Muscles Glasses and Epic Mook, who does most of the cooking.
- The Smart Guy - Tyler, who does the fat and calorie counter (although his on-screen character is as dumb as a post), and Cousin Dave, who eats like a gentleman.
- Trademark Favorite Food - Bacon, though Harley has a soft spot for macaroni and cheese. To a slightly lesser extent, Jack Daniels Whiskey.
- Troll - Although the guys may band together to create an epic meal, there are certain times when one of them can't help but either insult, snark or outright jinx each other. In "The Ostrich Nest", for example, when Epic Mook starts dicing up some onions:
Cousin Dave: "One of these days, I'm going to witness you lose a finger."
Epic Mook: "Why?"
Cousin Dave: "It's just going to happen."
Epic Mook: "I'm very careful with this."
Cousin Dave: "I know you are...but it'll happen."
Epic Mook: "...Don't be a prick."
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight - Muscles Glasses snapping two thieves' necks isn't given anything more than a simple "Yup, he's doing it again..." from Tyler.
- Up to Eleven - Their holiday specials, the "TurBaconEpic Thanksgiving" and "The Slaughterhouse".
- "The Sloppy Big Ben Roethlisberger" was so large and beyond sane even Harley began to sputter as he was getting psyched to make it.
- The "Turbaconepicentipede" took the "TurBacon Epic Thanksgiving" and multiplied it by ten. They didn't just break the previous calorie count the Roethlisberger had: they destroyed it at more than 800,000 calories.
- Verbal Tic - "Sauce" is (nowadays) always pronounced "SA-OOOS"
- As "Sausage" is pronounced "SA-OOOSAGE"
- "Jack Daniels'" is now "Jack Dagnels"
- "Breakfast" as "brookfast".
- Very Special Episode: EMT celebrates the Super Bowl each year with a meal named after one of the quarterbacks. They've done "The Sloppy Roethlisberger" (a 50-pound bacon cheeseburger with custom bun; the first single item to break 100,000 calories), "Dirty Manningwich" (a large sloppy joe with clam chowder) and "Flacco Taco" (a gigantic taco). They are 2-for-3 as of SB XLVII in predicting the winner.
- Wham Line - From "Fast Food Pizza Cake":
Harley: "We'll have a hundred and fifty."
- Whole Episode Flashback: Throwback Thursday, which now has its own YouTube channel. They air the videos Pop Up Video-style, and garble Muscles Glasses any time he speaks.
- Widget Series: Averted. Although plenty strange, its over-the-topness is way more American in inspiration than Canadian.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: "Epic Christmas Carol." The Sauce Boss treats his friends like shit until he is visited by the Ghosts of Bacon, Booze, and Bitches.
- X on a Stick: Epic Meal Sticks
Next time, we eat Wikipedia