Creator / FPS Russia
is the YouTube
alias of Kyle Lamar Myers
, a young man from Georgia (the state
, not the country
) who makes videos of himself shooting many awesome weapons and firearms while speaking in a Fake Russian
accent. As of January 2018 the channel is dormant, the last video having been posted in April 2016. In August of 2017 Kyle Myers was arrested on drug charges and the ATF raided his home, confiscating 50 firearms and leaving the channel's future dead.
He had a cameo appearance on the Call of Duty: Black Ops II
His videos include instances of:
- Arms Dealer: His day job, and how he gets hold of some of his more exotic firepower.
- Artifact Title: Started as a Let's Play channel focusing on FPS games, hence the name.
- Artistic License – Gun Safety: He doesn't always follow proper safety procedures. Film crew have even been hit by shrapnel.
- BFG: Kind of the whole point of the series.
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: He does, in fact, have a gold plated Desert Eagle.
- Briefcase Blaster: The Suitcase Gun
- Conspicuous CG: The Quadrotor video. To the video's credit, it made the entire thing look very convincing, but a trained eye can see that the quadrotor is actually a fake.
- Cool Guns: Every single video is about a different kind of gun, so this is to be expected.
- Crossover: With Epic Meal Time.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Actual Russian gun enthusiasts aren't too impressed with him, since Russia has somewhat draconian gun control laws that forbid them to have collections like his.
- Funny Background Event: In a few videos, a man dressed as Batman or Spider Man shows up dancing behind him while he describes the featured gun.
- Gatling Good: Yep, Just an average day for him.
- Guns Akimbo: Near the end of his AA-12 Video, he wields two automatic shotguns at the same time.
- In this video, he dual wields a pair of anti-materiel rifles.
- Gun Nut: FPS Russia himself could be considered this, with his collection and all.
- Incendiary Exponent: Uses incendiary ammo on occasion, like Dragon's Breath shotgun rounds.
- He sometimes shoots cans of spray paint with flares taped to them, creating a fiery explosion.
- More Dakka: Oh my yes.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction to the missile in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II "Surpise" commercial. I guess we can say that he had a very bad day.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Yep.
- Reliably Unreliable Guns: He broke not one, but two UTS-15 shotguns in the UTS-15 video during the course of normal use.
- Short-Range Shotgun: Defied. It's shown quite clearly that shotguns still shred targets at more than 100 feet
- Signature Line: "Hello my friends, this is FPSRussia again..."
- Sniper Rifle: Quite a few.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: One of his videos had the sound of a gun cocking used to censor a profanity.
- Spent Shells Shower
- Stop Being Stereotypical: His oftentimes lax approach to gun safety is a sore spot among many of his peers, who make the very cogent argument that when it comes to guns and shooting, the "Stop Having Fun" Guys are 100% in the right and Rule of Cool should never, ever trump responsible firearm use.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Myers' lax approach sometimes extends to these videos as well, best evident in a video uploaded in January 2013 (the last before producer Keith Ratliff was murdered); using a rifle to detonate a tannerite charge inside a truck resulted in a large chunk of metal flying back at him, missing him by inches. Myers can be seen pausing for a moment, perhaps to compose himself, while someone off camera can be heard yelling, "Holy! Fuckin'! Shit!"
- One video had the cameraman taking a chunk of exploding fridge to the leg. FPS Russia thought it was Worth It, but said that the cameraman didn't feel the same way.