FPS Russia is the YouTube
alias of Kyle Lamar Myers, a young man from Georgia (the state, not the country
) who makes videos of himself shooting many awesome weapons and firearms while speaking in a Fake Russian
He had a cameo appearance on the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
His videos include instances of:
- Artistic License - Gun Safety: He doesn't always follow proper safety procedures. Film crew have even been hit by shrapnel.
- BFG: Kind of the whole point of the series.
- Bling Bling Bang: He does, in fact, have a gold plated Desert Eagle.
- Briefcase Blaster: The Suitcase Gun
- Cool Guns: Every single video is about a different kind of gun, so this is to be expected.
- Crossover: With Epic Meal Time.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: He sometimes warns people that the demonstration he's about to perform is being done by a "Professional Russian", it's being done for the sake of the show and not sanity, and that viewers shouldn't try to duplicate it. It's become progressively less frequent, however, leading to a fair bit of resentment from other gun enthusiasts; see Stop Being Stereotypical below.
- Gatling Good: Yep, Just an average day for him.
- Fake Russian: He's not actually Russian. The accent is a Shout-Out to a former co-worker of his, who is Russian.
- Dude, Not Funny!: to actual Russian gun enthusiasts, whose country has somewhat draconian gun control laws that forbids them to have such collections.
- Guns Akimbo: Near the end of his AA-12 Video, he wields two of the shotguns at the same time.
- Gun Nut: FPS Russia himself could be considered this, with his collection and all.
- Incendiary Exponent: Uses incendiary ammo on occasion, like Dragon's Breath shotgun rounds.
- More Dakka: Oh my yes.
- Oh, Crap: His reaction to the missile in the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 "Surpise" commercial. I guess we can say that he had a very bad day.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Yep.
- Reliably Unreliable Guns: He broke not one, but two UTS-15 shotguns in the UTS-15 video during the course of normal use.
- Short Range Shotgun: Defied. It's shown quite clearly that shotguns still shred targets at more than 100 feet
- Signature Line: "Hello my friends!"
- "And as always, have nice day."/"They/he is/are going to have a very bad day."
- Sniper Rifle: Quite a few.
- Sound Effect Bleep: One of his videos had the sound of a gun cocking used to censor a profanity.
- Spent Shells Shower
- Stop Being Stereotypical: His oftentimes lax approach to gun safety is a sore spot among many of his peers, who make the very cogent argument that when it comes to guns and shooting, the "Stop Having Fun" Guys are 100% in the right and Rule of Cool should never, ever trump responsible firearm use.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Myers' lax approach sometimes extends to these videos as well, best evident in a video uploaded in January 2013 (the last before producer Keith Ratliff was murdered); using a rifle to detonate a tannerite charge inside a truck resulted in a large chunk of metal flying back at him, missing him by inches. Myers can be seen pausing for a moment, perhaps to compose himself, while someone off camera can be heard yelling, "Holy! Fuckin'! Shit!"