Creator: Seth Rogen
Seth Rogen is a Canadian actor, born April 15, 1982. He often works with Judd Apatow and writing partner Evan Goldberg. Rogen has appeared in over 20 movies over his career.He started out doing stand-up before getting small parts in Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. His first major role was in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, of which he was also a co-producer. Rogen then went on to star in Knocked Up, Funny People, and Observe and Report, and he also co-wrote with Evan Goldberg the movies Superbad, Pineapple Express, and The Green Hornet. In 2011, he married screenwriter Lauren Miller. You probably don't know he was in Donnie Darko either. His directorial debut with Goldberg, This Is the End came out in 2013. He also co-directed The Interview with Goldberg, which caused a substantial amount of controversy in North Korea.
Tropes associated with Seth Rogen:
- Accidental Pervert: He proposed to his wife while she was changing. Fortunately, she said yes.
- Annoying Laugh: Lampshaded by his appearance on Jonathan Ross; "You've got an even weirder laugh than mine!"
- Anti-Hero: Tends to play these a lot in his movies.
- Canada, Eh?
- The Comically Serious: in his Freaks and Geeks audtion tape. He talks to the camera completely stone-faced while crew members are laughing offscreen.
- Fake American: Dale, Britt, Ronnie, Ken, Lou and Andy, just to name a few of his characters.
- Happily Married: To Lauren Miller.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners / Those Two Actors: With James Franco.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Nice Guy: Is very dry-witted, but one of the most upbeat comedians in Hollywood. He's also very charitable, has campaigned for the importance of Alzheimer's research and cared for his friend when he had cancer.
- One of Us: Will soon be directing a movie about the Console Wars between Sega and Nintendo.
- Playing Against Type: As disturbed, sociopatic Ronnie in Observe and Report, awkward, sweet Ira in Funny People and smart, straight-laced Andy in The Guilt Trip.
- Quirky Curls
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: When playing opposite James Franco he tends to be the comparatively laid back and rational blue oni.
- The Stoner: Is one himself.
- Type Casting: He is most cast as a laid back, foul mouthed stoner. This was even referenced in This Is the End which he co-wrote and co-directed; "You play the same character in every movie."
- Younger Than They Look: Is 31, but looks much older. Look at him in Freaks and Geeks as carefully as you possibly can. He was only 17, but managed to look far, far older than all the actors on the show who weren't really teenagers.