Creator: Aubrey Plaza
Aubrey Plaza is an American actress and comedian who has gained popularity for her persona as a Deadpan Snarker and Emotionless Girl. She has been something of a breakout star on Parks and Recreation for her role as intern (and eventually permanent assistant) April Ludgate. She actually was an intern for a post-it note factory and an NBC page before becoming an actress. Her role in Parks and Recreation was actually made for her as the show's casting director reportedly told a producer, "I just met the weirdest girl I've ever met in my life. You have to meet her and put her on your show."She has had small film roles in Funny People and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and in 2012 she had her first starring roles in the teen Sex Comedy The To Do List and the time-travel drama Safety Not Guaranteed. As well as acting, Plaza performs improv and stand up comedy.
- Parks and Recreation: April Ludgate
- Welcome To Sweden: Herself
- Funny People: Daisy Danby
- Mystery Team: Kelly
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Julie Powers
- The To Do List: Brandy
- Safety Not Guaranteed: Darius
- From Up on Poppy Hill: Sachiko (English dub)
- Monsters University: Claire Wheeler
- The Legend of Korra: Eska
- Grumpy Cats Worst Christmas Ever: Grumpy Cat (voice)
- Playing It Cool: Mallory
- Deadpan Snarker: It's one half of her comedy persona.
- Emotionless Girl/The Stoic: The other half of her persona.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Anna Kendrick, as evidenced here and here.
- Spicy Latina / Sassy Black Woman: She's Puerto Rican, so she's expected to have some of both, but her Type Casting thus far completely inverts this.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: She uses it to store her smartphone.
- What Could Have Been:
- Originally auditioned to be a Saturday Night Live cast member for the 2008-2009 season (around the time that Amy Poehler was about to leave and Lorne hired two new female cast members [Abby Elliott and Michaela Watkins] instead of John Roberts, T.J. Miller, Nick Kroll, and Plaza herself). (Had she been chosen, she would have been the first Hispanic female SNL cast membernote .)
- In 2009 comedy website College Humor made a fake trailer for a live-action Daria movie starring Aubrey Plaza. Sadly nothing came of it.
- When She Smiles: A side-effect of her usual Emotionless Girl and Deadpan Snarker attitude makes her smile stand out more than it does for actresses with bubbly personas.