A voice actor who mostly works in anime dubbing, Tara Platt co-founded Monkey Kingdom Productions with her husband Yuri Lowenthal
in 2004. Monkey Kingdom Productions is an independent film production company, currently producing Lowenthal's Tumbling After. Tara and Yuri do the voices of two characters in Naruto
as Temari and Sasuke, respectively. In 2007 and 2008, the two gave their voices for Persona 3
with Yuri as the main character, Ryoji and Pharos and Tara as Mitsuru Kirijo and Elizabeth. And the main character can hook up with Mitsuru if you work hard, so have fun.
Has a Twitter account
Her Texan counterparts are Colleen Clinkenbeard
and Shelley Calene-Black
Notable roles by Tara Platt:
Tropes associated with Tara Platt:
- Action Girl: Most of her roles qualify for this.
- Femme Fatale: Many of her roles may fall into this category, Anna Williams and Katarina in particular.
- Lady of War: A good number of her roles fit into this.
- Happily Married: With Yuri Lowenthal.
- Older than They Look: She's 35, but she easily passes as a woman in her 20s.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: While her husband Yuri Lowenthal is often cast as idealistic Kid Heroes note , Tara is often cast as mature, serious, adult women of various types from Lady of War to a Proper Lady. Noticeable examples include Anna Williams, Setsuka, Jennifer Nocturne, Katarina, Eva Heinnmann, Lisa Yadoumaru, Reina, Agnes Joubert, and Seri Awashima.
- Playing Against Type: Ester in Ben 10 Omniverse (Who is a teenage girl and nowhere near as serious minded or as mature) and Samantha in Tiger & Bunny (A kindly old woman who served as a nanny to Barnaby, who was played by her husband).