is a 2013 film from WWE
Studios directed by Brad Anderson. It stars Halle Berry
and Abigail Breslin
This film provides examples of:
- Apathetic Citizens: Averted. Everyone who notices something amiss tries to do something to save Casey,even though it gets two of them killed for their trouble.
- Arc Words: "It's already done."
- Abhorrent Admirer: Michael loved his sister ...a bit too much.
- Action Girl: See Took a Level in Badass below.
- Ax-Crazy: Michael Foster.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jordan hitting Michael over the head before he could finish scalping Casey.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Heavily implied. If not a physical relationship, the feelings are definitely there.
- Chekhov's Gun: Autumn's cell phone.
- Damsel in Distress: Casey.
- Death by Irony: Michael will likely die the same way his cancer stricken sister whom he obsessed over did, by rotting away in a stationary position, unable to do anything.
- Distress Call: The whole movie is based around Casey's 9-1-1 call
- Expecting Someone Taller: Michael's reaction to meeting Jordan face to face.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: As Casey and Autumn walk through the mall, they pass a man who appears to be eyeing a window display. The emphasis is on the word "appeared", because on closer inspection, the viewer realizes that it's Michael.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Casey.
- Ironic Echo: "It's already done."
- Jump Scare
- Murderer P.O.V.: Several shots of Casey as she roams through the mall.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Casey and Jordan's decision to lock up Michael, chained up and incapacitated, in his own basement until his eventual death instead of letting the authorities take him can be seen as this.
- Precision F-Strike: MOTHERFUCKER!!!
- Serial Killer: Michael.
- Shout-Out: Casey's favorite movie is Bridesmaids. Jordan says that she loves it and that she thinks she saw it about 100 times.
- Slashers Prefer Blondes
- Soundtrack Dissonance: "Puttin on the Ritz" playing on the car radio as Casey wakes up in the trunk. Plus Michael bopping along to it like a normal guy rather than a psycho. Much of the nice songs playing on the car radio throughout the movie, in fact "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club is also featured while [[Casey is getting prepped in Michael's lair where he scalps the victims. The upbeat harmonica in contrast with the fear in Casey's eyes as well as the setting is extremely jarring.
- Too Dumb to Live: The driver Alan Denado (Michael Imperioli) who noticed the white paint leaking from Micheal's car. It's bad enough that he followed Michael to an area with no people around. He also pulled out his cell in clear view where Michael can see him. And if that wasn't bad enough, after getting knocked out and waking up in the trunk of the car, he screams like crazy which sealed his fate. Strike three.
- Took a Level in Badass: Jordan.
- Also Casey who went from a girl teased by her friend for not using profanity, to a "fighter" who comes up with the idea to lock Michael in his underground lair forever.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Jordan and Casey.
- Tomboyish Name: Jordan.
- Torture Cellar
- Trailers Always Spoil: The trailer basically gave the entire plot of the movie: Jordan messes up and so a girl dies because of her actions, another girl is kidnapped, they figure out it's the same kidnapper, a dude gets set on fire trying to help the victim, and then Jordan gets involved besides running the phone.