This article is about the television personality. Go here for the South Korean monster movie, and here for Stephenie Meyer's other book.
The host (also known as the presenter, master of ceremonies, emcee, MC) is the person that hosts
a show. They are most commonly found in Game Shows
, Reality TV
, and Talk Shows
. Their job is to keep the show running smoothly, to introduce each element to the audience and to the participants.The job requires a good deal of charisma.
Has nothing to do with Body and Host
. See also Repulsive Ringmaster
, which is sometimes a variant of this.
Notable hosts include:
- Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal
- Alex Trebek on Jeopardy!
- Bruce Forsyth, he's been entertaining the British public for over 40 years now, didn't he do well?
- Chuck Woolery on Scrabble and Lingo
- Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune
- Monty Hall on Let's Make a Deal
- Bill Cullen and Bob Barker on The Price Is Right
- Greg Lee, and to a lesser extent, Lynne Thigpen on Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?
- Regis Philbin on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Jack Barry on The Joker's Wild
- Wink Martindale on Tic-Tac-Dough
- Bob Eubanks on The Newlywed Game
- Martin and Lewis on the Colgate Comedy Hour
- In The Calvin, Hobbes, and PaineShow, Calvin himself is the host of the titular Show Within a Show.
- Ashton Kutcher for Punk'd.
- Chris Jericho of the Sketchersons troupe's Sunday Night Live, reality show Redemption song, game show Downfall and of the Robot Combat League.
- Mike Quackenbush of Chikara's Pod Casts A Go Go
- Sara Del Rey of Chikara's Throwdown and Lowdown
- Stevie Richards of T4 (Tech Today Tech Tomorrow)
- Daffney Unger of Shine, at first.
- Nick Cannon on America's Got Talent.
- When Cecil B. DeMille wasn't busy filming epic Hollywood blockbusters, he was moonlighting for nine years as the host of Lux Radio Theatre (1936-1945).