Characters from Rexx
A young Dragon Emperor whose arrogance and lack of respect towards the goddess of the world, Clunea, resulted in her stripping him of his adult body and enormous power. He tasks himself in taking the Holy Ordeals to wish Clunea to recover his body... and then promptly beat her down.
In the end, he realizes that he has no need to wish her anything, as he had gotten a new power through the whole ordeal.
- Anti-Hero: Well, he is out to kick the ass of a "benevolent" goddess for justified reasons.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: To Tiana. Despite their constant bickering throughout the adventure, they get together in the end.
- Badass Longcoat: As a Dragon Emperor, he wears one in his human form.
- Brought Down to Badass: From powerful dragon "depowered" to a powerful human.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: AKA Did You Just Punch Out Clunea The Destroyer? Defeats a goddess in the end.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He likes having strong people. If they nag him too much, he ditches them. Or at least that's what he says.
- Our Dragons Are Different: A Dragon Emperor in human from.
- Playing with Fire: Can use a few fire spells, and was once a dragon, so has dragon fire as well.
- Rage Against the Heavens: His other reason to gain an audience with Clunea. It turns out she REALLY needed the beating after centuries...
- Shock and Awe: Can use a few lightning spells.
- A Taste of Power: The first prologue starts off with him in dragon form. You can use him and his followers before reaching Clunea's room.
Despite being a princess of the Phoenix Clan and legitimate heiress, she secretly longs to become a dragon — the giant, spiky, toothy kind. Why one of the powerful phoenix royalty should want to become a dragon is a source of much curiosity (and hilarity) to her traveling companions. She takes the Holy Ordeals to wish Clunea to dismiss the myth of drinking phoenix blood to gain immortality forever... or that's what her father thinks she's going to do, anyway.
The reason why she wishes to be reborn as a dragon in the first place is because she was saved by the Dragon Emperor (Fang himself) a long time ago when she was chased by people trying to kill her to drink her blood for immortality.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: To Fang. Despite their constant bickering throughout the adventure, they get together in the end. This in turn makes her reconsider her wish to become a dragon. Instead of wishing for that, she sacrifices her wish to give Lucius his mortality.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: This is her other reason why she wants to become a dragon to marry the Dragon Emperor. Years later, though, she brushes it off as a stupid promise.
- Fiery Redhead: Is a Tsundere redhead with fire magic.
- Have We Met?: Truth is, she met Fang, except when he was the fledged Dragon Emperor.
- Lady of War: A regal princess with both powerful magic and fighting skills.
- Misplaced Retribution: She triggers a pitfall trap on Fang's group inside Darius because the other group didn't know why the boulders were blocking the girls' way.
- Playing with Fire: Has fire magic and is her primary element, natch.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: As noted, she is a sneaky, plotting girl behind the king's back. And knows quite a lot about swordplay and (fire) magic.
- Rebellious Princess: After she suggests his father to go make a wish, she immediately drops her formal attitude for a very sneaky, plotting girl behind his back. She was actually trying to escape from the castle and gain her freedom.
- Royal Rapier: Tiana is a princess, and her Weapon of Choice is a one-handed sword.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A princess that goes on adventures.
- Shana Clone: Tiana is a redhead who is the female lead, with fire magic and the Tsundere tendencies.
- Shock and Awe: Her secondary elemental magic.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: To Fang in the ending.
- Tomboy: Sylvie notes that she and Niko are very unlady-like.
- Tsundere: Runs quite tsun (hot), angry toward many characters (especially Fang), but still has a sweet and protective side towards them.
- Why Did It Have to Be Bugs?: She can't stand them. Period. And she's supposed to be a bird.
Unlike most aspiring wishers, Lucius, an enigmatic Demon swordsman, challenges the Titans solo and seemingly without a care for injury or fatigue. His manner of dress suggests that he is a denizen of the Reaper Clan.
He seeks the goddess in order to get rid of his immortality, which was a terminal illness that was going to kill him a very long time ago until his sister wished for the Goddess not to let him die. In the end, he uses his wish to undo Sylvie's wish for immortality so that she doesn't suffer his fate. However, Tiana uses her own wish to set him free from immortality.
- Blood Knight: He's here only to fight so that he can no longer be immortal.
- Can't Catch Up: When he does join you at last, he'll still be at the level you trained him. This is a particularly hard thing to do, unlike Mari, since the next Titan has some nasty monsters that can knock him out... unless you take the long route and train him in a previous Titan.
- Death Seeker: Wants to be free of his immortality.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Sadly, Lucius's immortality doesn't really apply during actual random battles, but he does have an Auto-Revive skill of sorts.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Lucius is ambushed by a group of giant spiders at Titan Slon, and he gets this. But it's the spiders that were killed.
- Katanas Are Better: His main Weapon of Choice over all the other ones he has.
- Limit Break: His Bursts involve instant KOs.
- One-Man Army: His entire chapter forces you to play as a one-man army.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's probably beyond 300 years due to his immortality.
- Soap Opera Disease: As noted, he has a terminal illness that was going to kill him long ago.
- Unexplained Recovery: Just as you think he was slaughtered by giant spiders, the next time you reach the room you see that he somehow killed every single one of them. As it turns out, he's got immortality. Every time he dies, he only comes back to fight for more.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: It's explained that he was given immortality through the goddess a long time ago, so he wants to wish her to get rid of it.
- This is also the reason why he doesn't want to be around Sylvie. He doesn't want to experience the pain of losing someone dear to him by outliving them.
- Weapon of Choice: Averted. Lucius is a special case. He has more choices than the other party members.
A recently fledged Golem Clan prince. Though he may now be considered an "adult" due to being a fledgling, he's still a boy at heart. Is currently on the run from his hundreds of rather large and aggressive fiancées. He wants to wish Clunea to turn him back to his young form. But then he changes his mind about his wish after being told several times that he's not all that bad as he makes himself out to be.
- Apologetic Attacker: Most of the time, he says sorry to the enemies he just killed.
- Butt-Monkey: He's got shades of this to Mari when he starts talking to her because he thinks she's very special. Unfortunately, Mari admires Fang because of his driven attitude that she wishes to have some day, yet she doesn't mind Hector at all. Hector is wrecked. It gets worse later on.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He does this to Mari, but she rejects him.
- Cowardly Lion: When he hired a guide and spent too much time trying to find a key at the Temple of Trials, Hector ran away and left his guide behind. Luckily, Fang happened to crash in there... literally.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He has Earth-styled attacks and magic.
- Extra-ore-dinary: And metal as well.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: He loaned a guide for a ton of money, but that doesn't mean you can use his stash to buy supplies.
- Gentle Giant: Quite strong and tough, but also very caring and boyish at heart.
- Growing Up Sucks: Fledging has caused him a lot of trouble. He ultimately decides not to wish for anything.
- The "I Love You" Stigma: To little Mari. It results in a Moment Killer. But she has a good reason...
- Mighty Glacier: The toughest (and slowest) character and the best choice for a party "tank". His skills lean toward defense and having attackers hit him instead of his companions.
- Sanity Slippage: He slowly descends into madness after Mari outright tells him that she'll never love him no matter what he does.
- Which is a very literal sense, since Mari herself lacks a heart but never tells him about this. Hector greatly misinterprets it as a result.
- Wolverine Claws: His second weapon of choice. Great if you don't want him to hit for last using axes.
A shy Gorgon mage with the power to turn living beings into stone at a glance. Unfortunately, her androphobia tends to lead to a trail of unlucky petrified admirers. As a result, her greatest desire is to rid herself of this troublesome phobia with the help of the Goddess. After clearing Darius, she spends the only wish to get rid of her fear of men.
- Absolute Cleavage: Due to her having very little clothing. You can see that she even has a red snake... uh... having Marshmallow Hell.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Her Full Area Heal move, ironically. It can heal everybody fully. The kicker? It needs 228 MP. You're better off using a Healing Crystal or a rest area...
- Cute Monster Girl: A sexy medusa-type character.
- Expressive Hair: Rather, snakes. If she's flustered, the snakes on top of her head become ticked off.
- Gainaxing: Lapis has a sprite that has her bounce in... more ways than one.
- Gorgeous Gorgon: Again as noted, a sexy medusa-type character.
- Healing Hands: One of her main abilities is healing.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She's got a crush on Fang, but she decides that Fang and Tiana make a better couple.
- Limit Break: Massive healing spells. Her first Burst is a free full cure.
- Luminescent Blush: Shows this all the time due to her (exaggerated) shyness.
- Magical Eye: Her right one is green and her left one is red. Supposedly, her red eye is the one that causes petrification to men only.
- Male Gaze: She even has a skill named Sexy Body...
- Marshmallow Hell: She's the first one to get her wish granted, and she immediately tests it out on Fang. Relieved, she does this to him.
- Shock and Awe: While not entirely recommended due to her support role, she has lightning spells for attack.
- Shrinking Violet: Extremely shy toward everyone, especially toward men due to her androphobia.
- Squishy Wizard: Natch. Has powerful attack and healing magic, but too fragile to take many hits.
- Stripperiffic: Her cloak probably covers more of her body than the rest of her outfit combined.
- Taken for Granite: The fate of people unlucky enough to stare at her eyes. Fang and the team avoid this altogether, though, and they can look at her just fine. She even takes her hood off in occasion, and that doesn't turn Mari into stone because her clan can only turn men into stone. In truth, she can only petrify men because of her androphobia.
- White Magician Girl: Caring and compassionate, and is a healer.
An emotionless Mandrake girl who doesn't say much. Seems Wise Beyond Their Years when she does speak, but why a child would be wandering about a Titan on her own is the greater mystery. In the end, it is revealed that her wish is to gain a heart because she's a originally a doll animated by an old woman who passed away just recently... But then it's revealed that she already had one all along, and that she had been sad for her grandmother all this time.
- Blunt "Yes": To Hector's question about his love confession to her, to which he asks if that's just it to her.
- Can't Catch Up: She comes at Level 1 while your party members are Level 5 or above. Luckily, she levels up quite quickly in the very same dungeon.
- Cry Cute: She finally is able to cry by herself after realizing she was sad for her grandmother all along.
- Emotionless Girl: She's a living doll given life as a Mandrake girl through her "grandmother"'s wish. However, her life is only reflected on the surface, but she lacks a heart for compassion and love.
- An Ice Person: Her primary element is ice magic.
- Limit Break: Hers involves lots of status effects on all enemies in battle.
- Little "No"/Brutal Honesty: Bluntly tells hector that she can never come to love him whatever he does. Justifiable, considering she had no emotions to begin with (or so she thought). Unfortunately, Hector takes this the wrong way...
- Moment Killer: When she says that she likes Hector, it makes him happy... until Mari starts to add that she likes everyone else.
- Musical Assassin: Sticking her to the back row is not bad. She can ignore the damage penalty and deal considerable damage using her harp.
- Plant Person: Has vines decorating her clothing.
- Squishy Wizard: Again a mage that can't take much punishment, having poor HP and defense.
- The Stoic: This is because she was originally a doll animated by an old woman who recently passed away.
- Token Mini-Moe: The smallest and youngest-looking character in the cast.
- Useless Useful Spell: Inverted. Having Mari around groups of enemies is a blessing, as she can put almost anything to sleep and you can hack them all away.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Says that it's not her concern to feel love if she can't feel it, because she has no heart at all. Then it turns out all this time she does have one.
A somewhat prim and proper Reaper Black Mage on a mission. She is brave, kind, and sincere despite the ominous reputation that Demon World clans tend to have above ground. She undertakes the Holy Ordeals along with Tiana and Niko. She is Lucius's younger sister.
However, she's not really his sister. It's just a descendant who looks just like her when Lucius was ill 300 years ago. Her personal wish to Clunea turns out to be immortality in order to spend the eternity with Lucius.
- A-Cup Angst: Played with — during a Hot Springs Episode, she's embarrassed of her chest size, though other girls tease her that she might be bigger than she thinks.
- Black Mage: It's even in her description. She can use all sorts of elemental powers, including fire, lightning, wind, and ice.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's a reaper from the EVIL-sounding Demon World. Still a very kind and sincere person.
- Identical Grandson: According to Lucius, Sylvie looks just like his real sister.
- Lethal Chef: She's actually a very good cook. Just don't ask her what she used to make food, since her clan uses weird ingredients.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: Her true wish is this so that she can spend the eternity with Lucius forever.
- Then it gets subverted once Lucius uses his wish to undo hers.
- My Greatest Failure: Sylvie feels guilty for her ancestors wishing immortality to Lucius, thinking she is to blame for it.
- Nice Girl: Very kind and sincere despite her demonic race.
- One-Hit KO: A passive skill allows her to do this with a simple smack of her weapon if she's lucky. You're unlucky if she ends up killing a monster that can be unchained, though...
- Regenerating Mana: A passive skill allows Sylvie to restore MP in two ways: either she gets hit or she defeats an enemy. Judging how crucial MP is in this game, she's going to be a blessing for dungeon explorations.
- The Stoic: She's a little more emotional than Mari, and she keeps Tiana and Niko from doing rash things.
A goofy, somewhat excitable Spirit Fox with nine tails and a keen sense of smell. She is very friendly and tomboyish but does show her feminine side from time to time. She also has an unhealthy love of buttons, especially the ones that drop boulders on your head when pushed.
She realizes that she's smart if she puts her mind into it when solving a tricky door puzzle in Titan Aguila.
- The Archer: Bows are her Weapon of Choice.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Chances are, she'll trigger deadly traps before somebody else realizes they are traps with some common sense. This is probably why she wants to be smarter...
- Blow You Away: Uses wind magic.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Very goofy and idiotic, doing things like push buttons even if they are very obvious traps.
- The Cloud Cuckoo Lander Was Right: Despite being goofy and idiotic, she does show signs of intelligence:
- After the entire team is unable to decipher the plain down insulting test to open a door in Titan Aguila, Niko gets the answer right, much to her relief.
- She even comes up with the idea of wishing to meet Goddess Clunea after being told that Titan Aguila is the last Titan of the world so that everyone can have their wish granted. She basically finds a loophole abuse.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her secondary element.
- Expressive Tails: If they get puffy, it means she's very freaked out.
- Genki Girl: Very hyperactive, to the chagrin of her party. Especially when she triggers traps.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When she has to, Niko needs to "mark her territory". Sylvie discourages this greatly.
- Knife Nut: Her second weapon of choice...which isn't really that good compared to bows in her case.
- Limit Break: Her Bursts are mostly Death from Above attacks.
- Ship Tease: To Lapis's crush on Fang.
- Tomboy: As lampshaded by Sylvie.
The wish-granting goddess.
Characters from Exxiv
The protagonist and sole survivor of the infamous world-destroying Ouroboros Dragons.
- Accidental Pervert: Accidentally groped Sofia while dangling off a collapsed floor, and caught Hilda washing herself.
- Last of His Kind: Of the Ouroboros Dragons.
- Nice Guy: In stark contrast to Fang, Ryuga is an all-around good guy.
An avatar of Clunea, created immediately after the latter was sealed away by Zodias.
- Light Feminine Dark Feminine: The light to Hilda's dark.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Whenever Clunea slips through.
- Wistful Amnesia: On occasion Clunea would slip through Sofia's gentle shell, as evidenced by a glowing golden aura, red eyes, a deeper tone and a more serious personality.
A mysterious Demon swordswoman who, surprisingly, wants to be "manly" in order to settle a score with a man she only knows as the "Dark Knight"
- Dual Wielding: Wields a pair of ebony-black katanas.
- Light Feminine Dark Feminine: The dark to Sofia's light.
- Tomboy: Exaggerated to the point that she wishes to be more "manly".
An energetic Harpy thief who just wants to see her parents.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents had been living away from her for many years, with nobody but Sieg to take care of her.
Mint's "younger brother", a hulking Fenrir swordsman.
An physically frail Vampire who nevertheless is a powerful Black Mage. He travels to grant his wish of becoming strong.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: His primary reason for traveling the Titans, as he is physically frail.
A Demon butler who serves Emil while at the same time snarking about their situation.
- Battle Butler: Naturally, as he is part of the party and fights in combat.
- The Comically Serious: To an even greater extent than Sieg.
- When He Smiles: Some positive Follower reactions elicits an actual smile from him — not his infrequent smug smile, but a gentle one.
A prideful Dragon Princess and descendant of Fang and Tiana.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: As an Arrogant Swordsman Girl, frequently picks a lot of fights to show her skills.
- Boobs of Steel: Quite busty and very strong.
- Fighting Your Friend: On some occasions, even when she's already in your party, she'd occasionally challenge an ally to test her mettle.
- Gainaxing: On her animated sprites showing her drawing her sword.
- Playing with Fire: As a dragon, her primary element is fire.
- Spin-Offspring: Is a descendant of Fang and Tiana, and has the powers and attitude of both.
The Dark Knight
An enigmatic warrior with some connections to Hilda.
The rebellious god who overthrew Clunea.