We Are All Pokémon Trainers - Friends and AlliesThis page describes Exactly What It Says on the Tin. That is, the group of people and Pokémon the Trainers can count with when it comes to defeat the forces of evil and protect the Pokéverse. To get information of current characters of the roleplay, refer to Characters.We Are All Pokemon Trainers.
open/close all folders
Humans and their Pokémon
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By 'M, for years.
- Chekhov's Gift: He's given most of the cast at least one important item. Tagg for instance obtained Cobalt from him.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Uses Steel types mostly.
- Face–Heel Turn: Via Mind Control. He turns back after being defeated.
- Nice Guy: Most of the time.
- Badass in Distress: She got kidnapped by Missingno in the most epic way possible.
- Cool Big Sis: To DS.
- Disney Death: Missingno fakes out killing her.
- Fluffy Tamer: Owns a Giratina.
- Go Through Me: Tries her hardest to keep Giratina from being taken over by Missingno. She fails.
- Light Is Not Good: Her Bison!Togekiss.
- My Greatest Failure: Letting Giratina be assimilated. She fought tooth and nail for it, but Missingno was just too strong.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Has hair long enough to cover her eyes.
- Tastes Like Friendship: Offered Palkia a Chili Dog.
- Voice of the Legion: Her Spiritomb... composed of 108 /b/-tard souls... that plays by trolling smogonfags.
Ivory Ellen AmarinThe mother of Sarah and Alli Amarin, and a formerly-reigning Sinnoh Champion back in 1987. She was killed by a Toxicroak in February 2007 before coming back as a Delta Golurk six years later.
- Action Mom: Was a very talented battler before mostly settling down after having kids. Returned to action after coming back from the dead.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Was given the title of Champion by defeating the retiring Champion Weston.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: A former Champion of Sinnoh, and the Toa of Iron on Insula Nui.
- Back from the Dead: Became a Delta Golurk after dying.
- Badass Family: She, her kids, ex-husband, and Identical Ancestors all form one.
- Bonus Boss: An odd non-video-game example; she's open to any J-Team members battling her as a sort of Self-Imposed Challenge, but rarely actively seeks them.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Is a Steel-monotype trainer as well as a Steel-type Delta Golurk after coming back to life.
- Ghost Amnesia: Forgot her entire identity after coming back as a Delta Golett, and believed that was all she was until her memory was sparked by Eskay almost dying the same way she was killed.
- I Have Many Names: Ivy, Ellen, the Iron Maiden, the Undead Champion, the Impossible Champion, the Toa of Iron
- Maiden Name Debate: Retained the name "Amarin" even after marrying and divorcing Dylan.
- Mama Bear: Takes out a Toxicroak who almost murders her son.
- Meaningful Rename: Started going by her middle name after coming back from the dead, because "Ellen" is so much less non-indicative than "Ivy."
- Missing Mom: Was killed by a Toxicroak before the events of the RP.
- Older Than They Look: When she died at age 35, she looked about five years younger than she was. Now that she's back from the dead, her Night Shade Illusion of her pre-death self is locked this way.
- One-Letter Name: As with her family, her name is a phonetic pronunciation of two letters. Uniquely, this applies to her middle name as well: I-V L-N M-R-N.
- Retired Badass: She passed on her job as Champion to another, but her team remains just as powerful as before.
- Shout-Out: Became the Toa of Iron on Insula Nui, an island of Delta Golett Line members.
- Soul Power: Was a Ghost Obscuric in life, though she never seriously looked into training herself as she never saw much use in it.
- Team: (Knuckle) Joe the Hitmontop, Orchid the Nidoqueen, and Dash the Zebstrika
- Action Mom: She is known to occasionally beat up poachers.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Used to be a Gym Trainer for the Karate King before Sabrina took over.
- Creature of Habit: Tends to spend most of her days walking in the park with her Pokemon, exercising, read a novel, and hang around the Department Store on big sale days.
- Suddenly Fluent in Gibberish: Capable of understanding Monese and Lapin, though she's a little rusty in the case of the latter.
Aqua Admin RyklysA commanding officer of Neo Team Aqua, and a rival of Tagg's.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Ryklys' behavior is somewhat reminiscent of someone with an ASD.
- Badass: Is one of the few trainers capable of giving Tagg a good fight.
- Friendly Enemy: Despite her and Tagg clashing multiple times in Hoenn when their interests came into conflict (Her water focus vs his balance), they have a fairly good rapport.
- Making a Splash: Her entire team is made up of Water types.
- The Stoic: Has a rather icy demeanor most of the time.
- No Sell: Can resist Tagg's Terrifying Presence.
- Not So Stoic: When Grace nearly gets snagged by a mind controlled Every she shows the most emotion she ever has in the RP.
- One, Two, Skip a Few: When giving some protesters a countdown before siccing Edward and Teach on them, she counts normally before switching into Fibonacci numbers.
- The Rival: To Tagg, who's also probably the closest thing she has to a human friend.
- Theme Naming: All of her mons are named after famous pirates.
LugaidA commanding officer of Team Magma.
SierraA member of Team Magma, who used to be disliked by wild Pokémon for no apparent reason, until Wolf briefly lent her one of the human to Pokémon armbands so she could gain the ability to understand them. Met Vyvyan shortly afterwards, and has been travelling with him since then.
- Animals Hate Him: Pokémon generally hated her at first.
- The Bus Came Back: Is summoned by Tangent and Xatu to help during the climax of the Orre arc.
- Official Couple: With Vyvyan.
- It's All About Me: Is a rather self centered mon.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Isn't exactly all there.
- Only Sane Man: Has the least quirks out of Sierra's team.
MelodyA Cool Old Lady rancher from Solaceon Town, who is coaxed to give battling another whirl by Rex. Even though she is docile and laidback, she does have a shotgun and is not afraid to use it.
- Cool Old Lady: Is very laidback.
- Genki Girl: Is very energetic.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Was apparently quite attractive in her youth.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Rex.
- Never Mess with Granny: Especially a shotgun toting one.
- Retired Badass: Was once a very skilled battler, but decided to retire until Rex got her to get out of retirement.
- Shotgun Good: Her Weapon of Choice is a shotgun.
- Turtle Power: Her Pokeform is a Torterra.
- Grumpy Old Man: Attempts to be this, comparing things constantly to the Good Old Days.
- The McCoy: To Cuno's Kirk and Humba's Spock.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Has a hard time keeping his thoughts straight.
- Bag of Holding / Hammerspace: It holds a damn ARCEUS from the 668th universe (They name him Chester A Bum)
- The Kirk: To Gummy's McCoy and Humba's Spock.
- Actual Pacifist: Despite being good enough to scare LAKE with her prowess.
- Grumpy Old Lady: A Genuine example.
- Only Sane Man: Or so she thinks.
- Never Mess with Granny: Scares Phantom and Hallow straight.
- Retired Badass: Much like Melody herself.
- The Spock: To Gummy's McCoy and Cuno's Kirk.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Pervert yes, but not a bad guy.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Has a Kalosian accent.
- Funny Foreigner: Is mostly Played for Laughs.
- Composite Character: Is made up of 108 deceased Pokemon that Melody used to own
- Gorgeous Gorgon: Her human form
Hikari MinamiSakura's friend that took her in when her parents died, she's a very energetic girl who likes to try new things and loves technology and Pokémon. She's also very likely to do silly things mostly out of boredom and curiosity.
- Ascended Extra: Initially was going to be a recurring character who would talk to Sakura by phone and give her help from time to time, she ended up getting a much larger role, even getting to be part of PEFE. At this point she's pretty much a PC in all but title.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brains to Sakura's Beauty and Lyuri's Brawn
- Born Lucky: One of her main quirks is just how lucky she can get at times. Managing to find two specific houses in Goldenrod by random guess in one try each is just one of her feats.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Quirky, but is a talented scientist and a tech genius.
- Cloudcuckoolander: On her weirder days.
- Cool Big Sis: She acts as one for Sakura, sometimes even for Lyuri, her actual big sister.
- Freudian Trio: The Superego to Sakura's Ego and Lyuri's Id.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She makes mistakes, but when she gets something done, she certainly leaves nothing to be desired.
- Genius Ditz: She may act silly, but she's far from being dumb and is even part of the PEFE.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Her main example of her tech prowess is that she made her glasses have X-ray, night, head and Stat-O-Vision as well as being able to take picture and record videos and send them to her laptop.
- Plucky Girl: Trusted assistant is actually a Cipher admin that was using you all along? No problem! Let's compensate for it by giving everyone expensive Christmas gifts!
- Odd Friendship: Her friendship with Jacob is the most notable one.
- Official Couple: Her and Jacob finally become a couple during the Hoenn-2 arc.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Not frequently, but she does pop-up at random sometimes.
- Ship Tease: With Jacob and Allen, very slight though. The latter probably died upon him being revealed as Alexiel though.
- Signature Mon: Azure the Azumarill in Kanjoh-2, Blade the Bisharp in Unova-2.
- The Tease: Some examples include:
- Trolling the fanbase with Double Entendres when people asked about her relationship with Jacob.
- Having Jacob enter a room where she shows up in a wedding dress to troll him.
- Unwitting Pawn: Was used by Allen to infiltrate PEFE and allowed him to escape with her multitype research due to a Wounded Gazelle Gambit he pulled.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has purple hair, and unlike Sakura it's not known if she dyed it or if it's natural.
Rei (Female Lopunny)
- Action Mom: Can handle herself very well in battle.
- Battle Couple: With Blade.
- Nice Girl: Not to Sakura's extent, but she's very playful and nice overall.
- The Medic: Knows Healing Wish and Heal Bell for support.
- The Tease: She's loyal to her husband, but likes to flirt with every other guy just for fun.
Rillianne LucifenA friend of Sakura and Hikari who works part-time as a babysitter, she pretty much got the short end of the stick in life and finds herself unable to do anything correctly.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Fell in love with Duke, who was already dating Lyuri.
- Love Hurts: Implied to have suffered with this a lot.
- Red Herring: Set up as one in Orre in regards to Alexia's true identity.
- Solomon Divorce: Her parents divorced while she and her brother were still little kids. She stayed with her mother.
Allen AvadoniaRillianne's brother and Hikari's assistant, he's a very polite and serious person who tries to be as helpful as possible.
- Beleaguered Assistant: To Hikari occasionally.
- Big Bad Friend: To Hikari and the rest of their social group upon being revealed to be Alexiel.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He and Rillianne look alike and he can sometimes be mistaken for her twin sister.
- The Reveal: Turns out to be the Cipher Admin Alexiel, as such, any tropes related to his villainous actions after his identity is revealed go under Alexiel's area.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: His usual attire is a black suit and pants with white gloves.
- Ship Tease: With Hikari. Even after being revealed as Alexiel he admits that he honestly liked being her assistant.
- Solomon Divorce: See Rillianne's entry. He stayed with his father.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Straight Man to Hikari's Wise Girl.
RandyAn imageboard contributor and Sinn refugee living in Celadon, who ended up helping Tagg and Tracer in Kanto during the AU arc, though unlike them he didn't get back his OU memories before the universe split. In the OU, he lives in Sinnoh, and met Tagg once again during the IK Arc.
- Baleful Polymorph: Becomes a Purrloin during the RtAU arc.
- The Bus Came Back: Is among those summoned by Tangent and Xatu during the Orre arc climax.
- Image Boards: Is hinted to be a 4chan contributor in particular.
- It's Personal: Besides invading his home, Lanius managed to seriously injure his Torterra Jaws, which really pissed him off.
- La Résistance: First against Scolemis and then against the 7JD in the AU, and against Annoski's Spiritomb army in the OU.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Missed out on half of the dramatic speeches made during the Lanius fight by virtue of being unable to understand Monese like everyone else.
- Nerves of Steel: Is pretty much a regular guy who gets wrapped up in something greater, but doesn't back down at all.
- Odd Friendship: With Tagg and Tracer, as they're relatively straight-laced scientists while he's a rather rude and crude imageboard contributor.
- Official Couple: With Carol (the NPC) in the AU, and some Ship Tease in the OU.
The Vault DwellerA vault dweller that joined with Tagg's group during their time in Angela in PMD-B.
- Badass Normal: Has no powers or cybernetics like both his friends and foes, but can keep up with Tagg's group through pure grit and firearms skill.
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Vault Dweller from Fallout1.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Becomes friends with Tagg, his mons, and Tracer's mons through their battles in PMD-B Angela.
- Guest Star Party Member: For Tagg's group in Angela-B.
- Honorary True Companion: Isn't part of the J-Team for obvious reasons, but Tagg considers him such.
- No Name Given: Much like his game counterpart.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Much like his game counterpart, he gets banished from the Vault by the Overseer after getting the water chip and saving Angela from the Unity.
JeffA researcher from Celadon, and a friend of Tagg and Tracer. In the AU he ended up coming up with concoctions to aid the J-Team members fighting Lanius in Kanto.
- Non-Action Guy: Isn't much of a fighter.
- One Degree of Separation: His Charizard, Bunsen, happened to have been in the same starter batch as Tagg's Venusaur and Tracer's Blastoise, Iggy.
- Shout-Out: To Jeff from Earthbound, while his concoctions are Shout Outs to the original Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite in the form of Enrage and Murder of Crows respectively.
Salvador Arjuna TrouillefouA priest of Yveltal currently traveling with the J-Team, and the son of Constantin from another timeline.
- Agent Peacock: He may be very effeminate in appearance and hobbies and is generally pacifistic in nature, but remember, he was able to hold his own against Tagg and Constantin with ease and reaped Grohl's soul in a rather terrifying manner.
- All-Loving Hero: On the front, appears to be this.
- Badass Preacher: Just because he's a priest doesn't mean he can't handle himself in a fight.
- Bishōnen: A very attractive young man when the vestments are off.
- Bi the Way: By Word Of God, with a general preference towards men.
- Celibate Hero: By virtue of being a priest. Despite the apparent stereotypes of people of Yveltal's cloth being Nun Too Holy.
- Chick Magnet: Is very popular amongst his sisters workmates in his native timeline due to his looks (a trait he inherits from his father). Though it's not just limited to the girls.
- Combat Stilettos: More like combat heeled boots.
- The Coroner/Undertaker: Can play either role, depending on the situation at hand.
- Creepy Good: Salvador is an unambiguously good guy, but he's also a mortician with a morbid streak.
- Creepy Mortician: His secondary job is that of a mortician, and despite being a good guy he can be quite creepy while doing it.
- The Gadfly: While he's certainly on the good side, he still certainly enjoys getting a kick out of yanking people's chains. Namely Lucius.
- Good Shepherd: Has provided counsel to Tagg at times, as well as other J-Team members.
- Guyliner: Wears a light amount of makeup, including eyeliner and mascara. Of course, this has the typical amusing tells when he is sad or distressed
- Eye Scream: His ritual before heading off to claim Grohl's soul on Yveltal's behalf has him pierce his own eyes first.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: It's been inferred that his general affable demeanor and kind attitude was the result of his upbringing, and that Constantin went out of his way to make sure his children didn't turn out like he did.
- Hindu Mythology: Much like how his father has inspirations from Kali, Salvador has motifs inspired by Shiva.
- Hot for Preacher: Once the vestments come off, this is the reaction from the fangirls.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Wears Thigh-High heeled boots, a hip scarf, mascara, and burgundy lipstick and is in general a very supporting and caring young man. Which puts him at odds with his father.
- Kid from the Future: He's Constantin's son.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Unlike Constantin, he's not a bad guy at all, though he does share his creepier tendencies.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: The long hair adds to his appeal.
- Macabre Moth Motif: When he comes to reap Grohl's soul for Yveltal, he uses the Gates in order to look like a giant, humanoid moth with bleeding eyeballs.
- Mixed Ancestry: Romani and white PokeBritish on his father's side, Pokeverse Punjabi on his mother's side.
- Nightmare Fetishist: He revels in the disturbing and macabre.
- Power at a Price: Can use the Gates.
- Psychic Powers: Much like his father.
- Psychopomp: Has a lot of elements borrowed from the Shinigami and The Grim Reaper, in particular the Ankou of Breton mythology. Though he himself is a pretty affable guy.
- Rapunzel Hair:
- 13 feet of it in fact. Braided and interlaced with roasary beads and scapular cards before put into further bonds. It can also be used as a weapon due to his proficient psychic abilities
- Though later, he lawyers Lillianna into giving him a haircut. It's still hangs just below waist length.
- Sexy Priest: Is noted to be a very attractive fellow, but is also a very pious priest.
- Simple Staff: His main weapon is a staff, but it becomes the base for his main weapon in combat; a scythe construct.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It's been noted that he looks very much like his father, Constantin. To the point where he can mimic Constantin's voice.
- White Sheep: Actively tries to not be the person his father was.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Has thigh-high black boots (with buckles) and booty shorts.
Lillianna CainThe time-traveling alternate-future daughter of Lucius Cain and Sarah Amarin, the former of whom she intended to kill in order to avert her own future.
- Abusive Parents: Lucius in her future is incredibly abusive towards her, and even backhands her when she says she wants to go back to her mother.
- Asexuality: Is likely aro ace according to Word Of God.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The product of two screwed-up families: the Cains and the Amarins.
- Expy: Has a lot in common with Lucina, except that unlike her Lillianna's original plan was to murder her father.
- Kid from the Future: That of Lucius and Sarah.
- Petite Pride: Openly accepts it as part of her disguise.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Moreso to Sarah than to Lucius, sharing hair color, lack of noticeable bust, and somewhat androgynous appearance.
Ex-Illusion Leader Echo LinguaThe former leader of the Illusion Project.
- Anti-Villain: Prior to her Heel–Face Turn, while her goals weren't exactly good for the world, she herself isn't evil.
- Badass Bookworm: Is quite well read when it comes to history and fiction.
- Cunning Linguist: Can speak the Pokeverse equivalents of Mandarin, English, Japanese, and Kalosiannote , though the latter language isn't her most fluent. The former is justified due to the fact that she's from the Pokeverse equivalent of China.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Following Illusion's disbandment, her main issue has been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life.
- Foil: In some ways, to Tagg, combined with Not So Different. For example:
- Both are of at least partial (In the case of Tagg) Chinese analogue descent and both tend to dress in ways to keep attention off of themselves.
- Echo wears brighter clothing, mainly white, whereas Tagg has an affinity for more muted colors.
- Tagg has a good relationship with his parents, whereas Echo murdered hers. (Albeit in the case of her mother it was a Mercy Kill.)
- Echo directly runs the super organized Illusion Project, whereas Tagg is the de facto leader of the ragtag J-Team, which also plays into their opposing ideologies of philosophical egalitarianism vs freedom.
- In terms of height Echo's about 5'2" and Tagg's 6'3".
- Both are run by regret for the actions of their pasts.
- Friendly Enemy: To Tagg prior to her Heel–Face Turn, as neither had anything personal against the other.
- Genre Savvy: She keeps her organization low-key, avoids referring to it as a "team", insists on a noticeable-but-not-blatant dress code, and acknowledges how much of a threat the J-Team is despite it being mostly comprised of teenagers. She took note of previous criminal organizations' failures and actively works to avoid the same mistakes.
- Heel–Face Turn: At the end of Ranger-2 she decides to disband the Illusion Project.
- Noble Demon: Tries to run things in her organization as nobly as possible. Torture for instance is not allowed.
- Self-Made Orphan: Tells Crewe that she ended up killing her mother and father, the former as a Mercy Kill, the latter due to him being abusive. She's hated herself ever since.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Believes her actions are the only way to create world peace.
The Tiny Trio
A trio of three humans who happen to be artificially apotheosised into a new Weather Trio that are intermediates between "friends" and "Legendaries". Levi and Santiago were originally known as Depthcharge and Buggle respectively, but as they acquired human forms they decided to go with their human names more often.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Santiago (Groudon) is Big, Vyvyan (Rayquaza) is Thin and Levi (Kyogre) is Short.
- Land, Sea, Sky: By nature of being a newbie Weather Trio.
- Morphic Resonance: In mon form Sandy has a chunk taken of his left knee representing the knee he crushed in a New Mauville related work accident, Levi is missing two fin tips on his right fluke, and Vyvyan keeps a burned right horn.
- Power Trio: Specifically of the Freudian type.
- Was Once a Man: Were once humans before being forcibly transformed into mons for crazed Magma, Aqua, and Ozone cultists.
Vyvyan (Rayquaza)A somewhat nervous and jumpy former Magma Grunt now Rayquaza hailing from Fallarbor town. Specializing in Psychic-type Pokemon, the majority of his Pokemon could communicate to him via telekinesis before he got the ability to talk to them.
- Ascended Extra: Was based off the Grunt who complained about being close to Mt. Chimney in Pokemon Emerald.
- Baleful Polymorph: Into a Rayquaza.
- Child of Two Worlds: According to Word Of God he's a transracial adoptee.
- Specifically, he grew up in an Pokeverse Irish cultural background, which can be inferred by his knowledge of Irish Gaelic and Irish slang.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Vyvyan is often confused for a girl both from his Androgynous appearance and feminine name. He get's miffed when you call him a girl though.
- Deadpan Snarker: This becomes more prominent over time due to having to constantly watch over Santiago and Levi, especially Levi.
- The Leader: Of the second weather trio.
- Gender-Blender Name: Vyvyan is often a name associated with females, which causes confusion about his gender at times (though it is actually a unisex name).
- Nervous Wreck: When situations become too overwhelming for him, he devolves into this. This becomes less prominent over time as he matures into his role as the leader of the new trio.
- The Superego: To Levi's Id and Santiago's Ego, being the guy right in the middle of their two temperaments.
- Psychic Powers: The majority of his mons are Psychic types.
Bridget (Male Gardevoir)
- Blood Brothers: Pretty much this with Vyvyan
- Brutal Honesty: Tells it like it is, even if it's not the kindest way to put it.
- Gender-Blender Name: Bridget is a male Gardevoir.
- Deadpan Snarker: Is this on occasion.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Prophesies Vyvyan's morphing.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: No one likes Anja for what she's done, and Tagg in particular nearly had his mons attack her upon finding her under Sol's ownership.
- Manipulative Bitch: Manipulated the events that led to Vyvyan becoming a Rayquaza, including playing the normally Genre Savvy Tagg like a fiddle, which he happens to still be ashamed of years afterward as he confesses to both Lucius and Vyvyan himself during Holonquest and Hoenn-2 respectively.
Santiago (Groudon) Full Name: Santiago Baltasar Ruiz de Tierra.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his young looking human body, he's actually middle-aged in human years.
- Trauma Conga Line: Let's see, he originally was part of the Sea Mauville Project in order to support his family in PokéMexico, only to lose his job, get captured by Magma cultists and have his starter most likely murdered by their hands, loses his memory in the transformation, and only learns all this after he ends up going to a secret basement in Mauville decades later.
- South of the Border: Hails from the Pokeverse equivalent of Oaxaca.
- The Ego: Often plays the mediator between Levi and Vyvyan
- Gentle Giant: He may be 6'4, but he's a big softie
- The Old Country: Talks about his past in Oaxaca like this.
Levi, formerly known as Depthcharge (Kyogre) Full Name: Y'hoshua ben Yitzhak haLevi (Joshua I. Levi)
- Bishōnen: Is quite fetching, even if his personality is a turnoff for most people.
- Older Than They Look: Like Santiago, he is frozen in a 21 year old's body and mentality despite being 47 years old.
- The Id: The most impulsive and rash of the trio, as well as the most emotional.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Has this reputation among the legendaries as a whole due to his obnoxious and annoying personality. Though he is on good terms with Santiago and Xerneas.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Despite not having any typical "nerdy" traits. The only bigger JoJo's Bizarre Adventure nerd you'll find is his sister.
- Genius Ditz: Isn't the most booksmart guy and rather crass and petty, but has shown to be quite skilled in stuff like metalwork.
- Street Smart: Related to the above, he's shown to be more in tune to his surroundings and pragmatic than he lets on.
- Collector of the Strange: A bit of a horder. His grotto has everything from rusty, empty tin cans to sunken treasure.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Is the most impulsive out of the trio.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With all birds, but especially Yveltal and the Wingull line.
- Animalistic Abomination: The weather, creation, and vitality trios, beings representing laws of nature that manifest in bestial forms.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Despite being as a whole rather silly, as mentioned below they can act decisively if needed.
- Good Is Not Soft: Purged the Alakagross civilization for their callous disregard of other species and the deaths of the weather trio.
- Holy Is Not Safe: The legendaries are good, and many are even friendly, but they're still beings of mass destruction that should not be trifled with.
- Immortality: Most are of the never-dying variety.
- King of All Cosmos: As a whole, they have some odd quirks from Groudon's gaming to Oblivia's Articuno being a Reshiram fangirl and more. They do tend to play this down in front of most mortals, however, to keep a certain gravitas.
- Olympus Mons: Natch.
- All Your Powers Combined: Has the powers of all the other legendaries.
- Big Good: Is the greatest force of good in the setting, though he's rarely seen.
- Divine Delegation: Mostly leaves things to the other legendaries as he's buried by paperwork.
- God: Is the creator diety of the Pokeverse.
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Is the first legendary the proto J-Team meets as a whole.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Presumably, if his past is any similar to Anime!Mewtwo's
- Dressing as the Enemy: The only sane explanation for wearing a woman's one-piece bathing suit. while in the Glitch Building.
- Mercy Kill: Intended to do this to Missingno.
- The Stoic: Mewtwo doesn't emote much.
- Training from Hell: Gives this to Gamer to help him become a more powerful psychic.
- Voo Doo Shark: It's hard to explain why Mewtwo's even here. Eventually we learn that he was trying to help his 'brother' Missingno, though not by helping him rule the world.
- The Watcher: Watched over the proto J-Team in the earlier arcs.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Mewtwo inexplicably disappears at the end of the fifth arc.
- Ascended Extra: Pretty much can be called a Main Character in her own right.
- The Alcoholic: Has gotten drunk on at least two occasions. Her hangovers are particularly brutal to the fabric of space.
- Ambiguous Gender: Eventually revealed to be female, at least in mentality.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Missingno ends up possessing her.
- Does This Make Me Look Fat?: Jane makes a comment about Palkia's tail. Palkia then proceeds to ask if she means that she's fat.
- Face–Heel Turn: Due to Missingno possession, though it wears off once it's defeated.
- Hartman Hips: Has ridiculously proportioned hips.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has an even nastier one than her brother.
- No Indoor Voice: Speaks in ALL CAPS.
- Mind Control: By Missingno during Sinnoh.
- Physical God: Like all legendaries.
- Space Master: Has control over space.
- Taken for Granite: In the AU arc, until DS uses the Lustrous Orb to return her to normal.
- Time Abyss: Palkis is about as old as space itself.
- Translator Microbes: Uses these to communicate.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: When her true form is glimpsed in Northern Shadow in battle with the Ur-Glitch, it takes the form of spheres in the shape of a dragon with infinite mass and volume.
- Ambiguous Gender: At first, though nowadays Dialga appears to be mentally male.
- Batman Gambit:
- Sending DS to the dimension where the legendaries were imprisoned, making sure she ends up where the Lake Trio would find her. This lead to DS joining the Lake Trio in their search for Palkia, eventually finding the petrified Palkia and the Lustrous Orb not far away from her. DS uses the Lustrous Orb to restore Palkia to normal, allowing the five of them to escape from the dimension just in time for the final battle.
- Considering how long Tagg has had the Adamant Orb, the weird circumstances in which he got it, and its use in the final battles of the Unova-1 and AU arcs, Dialga was most probably using him in one as well.
- Bold Inflation: Much like his sister when he actually feels like talking.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Twice, first by Missingno, and then by Cyrus.
- Face–Heel Turn: Twice, due to mind control.
- Fighting from the Inside: In the alternate timeline arc, he manages to do this long enough to save DS' life when Cyrus orders him to destroy her.
- Physical God: Like all legendaries.
- Mind Control: By Missingno during Sinnoh.
- Starfish Language: Subverted. Originally it seems that he can only communicate in loud SKREEEEEEEEEEEs when there is no Psychic type present, but it's hinted and outright stated that he can speak just fine and just does it for amusement.
- Time Abyss: Like in the Pokédex, Dialga is about as old as time itself.
- Time Master: Is the god of time.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: When Tagg and co meet him in the Temporal World, he appears as a vaguely draconic shaped dark blue mass covered in a seemingly infinite amount of diamonds.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Has one of the most alien mindsets out of all the legendaries, being as fickle as the ocean itself.
- The Cameo: Probably one of the least seen legendaries.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- Sapient Cetaceans: A being that takes the form of a whale.
- Super Mode: Takes on her Primal form during the Hoenn-2 arc with the help of Tagg in order to destroy Zrone's Sectopod.
- Super Speed: Can move really quickly.
- The Rival: To Groudon.
- Time Abyss: Is as old as the oceans.
Darkrai and Cresselia
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Darkrai is really just a 'big mushy pushover', but went through a phase where he tried to blow up the universe. And then he contracted amnesia.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Cresselia
- Deliver Us from Evil: Darkrai says that he created Cresselia to counter all the nightmares he kept giving.
- Cresselia may have lied about this, seeing as a book on the history of the Dream World seems to contradict Cresselia's claims.
- Luke, I Might Be Your Father: Darkrai claims to be Cresselia's father, but a book in the Dream World library refers to Darkrai as Cresselia's brother, leaving their relationship ambiguous.
- Odd Friendship: Darkrai and Lyuri can look like this sometimes, they don't look particularly close, but Lyuri acts in a very casual way around him and he enjoys her company.
- Sink-or-Swim Fatherhood: Darkrai
- Valley Girl: Cresselia talks like this.
Manaphy (PMD arc Manaphy and Oblivia arc Manaphy)
- Badass Adorable: PMD arc Manaphy is one, it is currently unknown if Oblivia arc Manaphy will grow up to be one as well.
- Egg Macguffin: Oblivia arc Manaphy starts out as one of these, and shortly after hatching is abducted by Pokémon Pinchers. Trying to find and rescue him from the Pinchers becomes the main focus of the Oblivia arc.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: PMD arc Manaphy was never shown using his Heart Swap attack, but the Oblivia arc Manaphy used it twice. First at the beginning of the Oblivia arc shortly after hatching, accidentally causing Anom and Wolf to switch bodies and again near the end to switch them back.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: PMD Manaphy's subplot in the PMD arc was not resolved on-screen, and so it had to be mentioned to have happened off-screen. Lampshaded when PMD Manaphy makes a cameo appearance later on and mentions that he doesn't really remember how his friends were rescued from Missingno.
Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf
- The Empath: Mesprit
- The Hecate Sisters: Azelf is the Maiden, Mesprit is the Mother, and Uxie is the Crone.
- Tag Team Twins: Triplets, in combat.
- Psychic Powers: All three are powerful psychics.
The Sabot Warriors (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo)
- Ambiguous Gender: At first, though like in anime canon Cobalion, Terrakion, and Keldeo are mentally male, and Virizion female.
- Badass Adorable: Keldeo, oh so much.
- Big Brother Instinct: Terrakion towards Keldeo.
- Happily Adopted: Keldeo, to Virizion
- Knight in Shining Armor: All four.
- Parental Abandonment: Both of Keldeo's parents are thought to have died when their home was destroyed. This later turns out to be only half true when his father shows up to help the heroes.
- Pronoun Trouble: Virizion gave the proto-J-Team issues over her gender.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Terrakion and Keldeo both enjoy watching juvenile television programs.
- There is nothing juvenile about My Little Blitzle!
Keldeo The First
- Black Cloak: Wears one of these to avoid attracting attention.
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: Arrives to assist the trainers in the final battle against the Team Plasma remnant and 'M.
- Embarrassing First Name: His real name is Kelp.
- Heroic BSOD: Has an epic one after being unable to do any damage to M during the final battle. Thankfully, he gets better in time to help deal the final blow.
- Knight In Shining Armour: Takes on this archetype.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Is captured and turned into a Shadow Pokémon by Ghetsis. Luckily, DS and Wolf were able to bring him back to his senses.
- Gentle Giant: Despite his size and fearsome reputation, he's actually a really nice guy.
- An Ice Person: Ice type, natch.
- Never Live It Down: An in-universe example: Kyurem seems to find it somewhat annoying that people in Lacunosa Town still think he eats people.
- Power Incontinence: Has a few problems with his ice powers leaking out, which occasionally causes him to accidentally freeze some of his belongings, as well as his own body.
- The Unintelligible: To everyone who doesn't have a Mind of Crystal, though in the PMD-B timeline he's figured out how to talk with other beings.
- To Serve Man: Used to be a human eater, but that was a really long time ago.
Reshiram and Zekrom
- Big Damn Heroes: They're the first legendaries to arrive to help out during the final battle against 'M.
- Interspecies Romance: Reshiram with Luke, and later, Zekrom with Jane.
- Opposites Attract: Zekrom has admitted that he loves Reshiram even though she's pretty much his complete opposite. It apparently works both ways.
- Playing with Fire: Reshiram.
- Shock and Awe: Zekrom.
- Walking Techbane: Reshiram is useless with any sort of technology in comparison to Zekrom..
- Wild Mass Guessing: An in universe example, the two have been trying figure out just what their connection is with Kyurem. They haven't had much luck so far.
The Oblivia Beasts (Raikou, Entei, Suicune)
- Hulk Speak: Entei speaks in this.
- No Indoor Voice: Entei. All the time.
- Neat Freak: Suicune is one of these. However, he mellowness allows her keep it very subtle.
- Only Sane Man: Although she has her quirks, Suicune is pretty normal compared to the other two members of the trio.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Raikou likes pop tarts. A lot.
- Verbal Tic: Raikou begins or ends his sentences with the word "Nya."
The Oblivia Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)
- Fangirl: Articuno is one of Reshiram.
The Oblivia Eon Dragons
- Cloud Cuckoolander: DS' Latias
- Bob is sometimes one of these, but not nearly as much in comparison.
- Collector of the Strange: DS' Latias.
- Genki Girl: DS' Latias
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: DS' Latias will usually attempt to do this to anything that catches her interest.
- Intrigued by Humanity: Wolf's Latias, and to a lesser extent, DS' Latias.
- Super Speed: Bob is fully capable of breaking the sound barrier with no ill effects.
- Animalistic Abomination: Is a bestial personification of the earth, and can show up anywhere on the planet by forming himself out of dirt.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground type.
- Geek: Happens to be a pretty big gamer, the result of having millions of years to learn the games of humans and mons while sleeping.
- Not Good with People: The main reason he tends to keep to himself.
- Physical God: Like all legendaries.
- Playing with Fire: Knows many powerful Fire attacks, and his ability is Drought.
- The Rival: To Kyogre.
- Time Abyss: Is about as old as the planet itself.
- Volcanic Veins: Can glow blue through his Aura markings.
- Blood Knight: Loves a good fight, which is ironic considering the fact that his job is to mediate between Groudon and Kyogre.
- Time Abyss: Like Groudon and Kyogre.
Magic Mirror Darkrai/Walt
- Baleful Polymorph: Walt created the Magic Mirror, only to become trapped within it and be transformed into a Darkrai.
- Creator Cameo: In-universe example; he is the creator of the Mirrorverse, trapped within his own creation.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He lampshades the Dark Is Evil stereotype and defies it.
- Shout-Out: To Walt Disney and his animations.
- Walking Spoiler: A big one.
Heatran of Mt. Battle
- The Atoner: The eruption at Mt. Battle over a thousand years ago? He caused it in an angry fit over how humans would fight and killed over (and using) the metals he gifted them. This created the Eclo Wastes, and now he seeks to return the wastes to their former form; pasture.
- Badass in Distress: Was captured and Shadowed due his him holding back against a Shadowed Regina. This caused Mt Battle to basically "shut down", causing it to go dormant.
- Badass Grandpa: While he's quite a bit younger than Groudon or the other Legendaries in that category, his personality is considerably more mature.
- Playing with Fire: As is expected from a Heatran, right down to his signature "Magma Storm".
- Big Eater: According to Yveltal, and as seen in the Santiago walkabout, Xerneas is actually quite the big eater.
- Captain Ersatz: His personality is partially based on that of Uncle Iroh with a few dashes of Merlin.
- Spot of Tea: Takes great pride in his herbal brews.
- Giant Flyer: With her 14 foot wingspan.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: As a death and destruction deity it's not very hard to set her off, especially if you cheat, manipulate, or tease her in some way.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite not being the nicest of mons, Yveltal is ultimately good. Tagg points out that her sphere not only encompasses destruction, but change.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is snarky, sassy, and temperamental, but ultimately has a soft side deep down... Which is why she's aligned with Hearts of Gold.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Straw and Levi, for different reasons; Straw for repeatedly inadvertently cheating death and Levi for reasons initially related to perceiving him as a threat to her relationship with Salvador and worsened by teasing on his end.
- Transgender: She's the closest a Legendary of her sort can get to femmefluid (genderfluid leaning female); while typically female in voice and personality she sometimes identifies as male and those change accordingly.
- Tsundere:Reconstructed via being closer to the more traditional/original meaning of the term. Around those she's not familiar with (or Anthony), she can be quite cavalier and harsh. However, towards those she's more familiar and comfortable with (Like Salvador or Xerneas) she's a lot more soft and cordial.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Takes the form of a human named Yvonne (or Yvan when male) or more innocuous birdmons like Murkrow or Starly to interact with mortals more discreetly.
The GreNinja SquadA group of Froakie line Pokémon started by Teishi. They train to be effective ninjas but for the most they are just a group of friends doing stuff together that just happens to be ninja-themed for the most part. Due to how Teishi is one of Sakura's Pokémon, this group is frequently around the J-Team.
The Squad in general
- Badass Family: Ryu, Strider and Sub-Zero are all Sensei's children and Teishi was also adopted by him when he was still an egg.
- Barrier Change Boss: Teishi, Ryu, Rana and Shadow all have the Protean ability.
- Casting a Shadow: They're all part Dark.
- Five-Man Band
- Making a Splash: They're all part Water.
- Ninja: Their M.O
- True Companions: They never let each other down.
TeishiSee We Are All Pokemon Trainers Main 2 under Sakura's Pokémon.
- Deadpan Snarker: Probably the most sharp-witted of the Squad.
- Foil: Acts as one for Teishi, being calmer, serious, relaxed in contrast to his leader's more excitable, cheerful and energetic nature.
- Playing with Fire: His Hidden Power is of the Fire type, as such he's the only one of the team that can turn into the Fire type.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Teishi's Red.
- Shout-Out: His name, to Ryu Hayabusa.
- An Ice Person: He has a preference for Ice type moves, despite lacking the Protean ability.
- Cheerful Child: Like Teishi, he's a very friendly and optimistic, always finding a reason to be cheerful.
- The Ditz: Not to the point of being dumb, but he's clearly not as sharp as the others.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Strider's Blue.
- Shout-Out: His name, to Mortal Kombat.
- Foil: He rarely speaks and usually keeps a deadpan expression in contrast to the talkative and always cheerful Sub-Zero.
- The Quiet One: He gets the fewest lines out of everyone in the Squad.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Sub-Zero's Red.
- Shout-Out: His name, to Strider Hiryuu
- The Strategist: His role in the team
- Trap Master: Part of what makes him the strategist is that he's good at coming with traps and ambush strategies.
- One of the Kids: He's an adult in comparison to the rest of the Squad, who are around teenagers. Despite this, he still follows Teishi's commands.
- Secret Keeper: Kept everything about Sensei hidden from the Squad until he was ready to reveal everything himself.
- Shout-Out: His name is one to the character of same "name" in Final Fantasy VI
- The Trickster: He has a tendency of being very uncooperative and misleading just to confuse everyone.
- Unreliable Narrator: When answering some of Ryu's questions, he usually kept the answers hidden between vague statements.
CleffaA Cleffa from the Dream World who happens to be friends with Tagg, though not an official member of his team.
- The Bus Came Back: Briefly meets up with Tagg again during the Unova-2 arc.
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Luma from Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel.
- Super Empowering: Gives Tagg (and at one point Maggie) the ability to do a Star Spin while he's in their hat or hair.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Is a Fairy type.
JillA Dratini-EX who met Tagg and his team during the after falling out of a dimensional rift.
- Clock Roaches: As a Jill her job is to help maintain the timestream.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Is known by her job description rather than her real name.
- Starfish Language: Speaks her true name in an incomprehensible tongue, causing Tagg to insist on a nickname.
LustrixA golden Noctowl. When Slouch and his team found themselves inexplicably lost in the Mystery Zone, he was the one to send them home. Since then, he has screwed with them in various ways.
- Meaningful Name: Lustre (meaning a radiant shine) + Strix (a genus of owl, also a bird of ill omen in Greek mythology)
- The Owl-Knowing One: Gives off this appearance at first, but is quickly brought down to Earth after being physically threatened.
- Troll: Lies to and plays jokes on Slouch and his team on more than one occasion.
- Sticky Fingers: Steals Slouch's wallet (And inadvertently, his phone). Is revealed to have a mountainous hoard of stolen wallets.