There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
Characters: We Are All Pokemon Trainers Friends
This page describes Exactly What It Says on the Tin
. That is, the group of people and Pokémon the Trainers can count with when it comes to defeat the forces of evil and protect the Pokéverse. To get information of current characters of the roleplay, refer to Characters.We Are All Pokemon Trainers
Ivory Ellen Amarin
The mother of Eskay and Alli Amarin, and a formerly-reigning Sinnoh Champion back in 1987. She was killed by a Toxicroak in February 2007 before coming back as a Delta Golurk six years later.
- Action Mom: Was a very talented battler before mostly settling down after having kids. Returned to action after coming back from the dead.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: A former Champion of Sinnoh, and the Toa of Iron on Insula Nui.
- Back from the Dead: Became a Delta Golurk after dying
- Badass Family: She, her son, ex-husband, and Identical Ancestor all form one.
- Bonus Boss: An odd non-video-game example; she's open to any J-Team members battling her as a sort of Self-Imposed Challenge, but rarely actively seeks them.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Is a Steel-monotype trainer as well as a Steel-type Delta Golurk after coming back to life.
- Ghost Amnesia: Forgot her entire identity after coming back as a Delta Golett, and believed that was all she was until her memory was sparked by Eskay almost dying the same way she was killed.
- I Have Many Names: Ivy, Ellen, the Iron Maiden, the Undead Champion, the Impossible Champion, the Toa of Iron
- Maiden Name Debate: Retained the name "Amarin" even after marrying and divorcing Dylan.
- Mama Bear: Takes out a Toxicroak who almost murders her son
- Meaningful Rename: Started going by her middle name after coming back from the dead, because "Ellen" is so much less non-indicative than "Ivy"
- Missing Mom: Was killed by a Toxicroak before the events of the RP.
- Older than They Look: When she died at age 35, she looked about five years younger than she was. Now that she's back from the dead, her Night Shade Illusion of her pre-death self is locked this way.
- One-Letter Name: As with her family, her name is a phonetic pronunciation of two letters. Uniquely, this applies to her middle name as well: I-V L-N M-R-N.
- Retired Badass: She passed on her job as Champion to another, but her team remains just as powerful as before.
- Shout-Out: Became the Toa of Iron on Insula Nui, an island of Delta Golurk.
Team: (Knuckle) Joe the Hitmontop, Orchid the Nidoqueen, and Dash the Zebstrika
- Action Mom: She is known to occasionally beat up poachers.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Used to be a Gym Trainer for the Karate King before Sabrina took over.
- Creature of Habit: Tends to spend most of her days walking in the park with her Pokemon, exercising, read a novel, and hang around the Department Store on big sale days.
- Suddenly Fluent in Gibberish: Capable of understanding Monese and Lapin, though she's a little rusty in the case of the latter.
Aqua Admin Ryklys
A commanding officer of Neo Team Aqua, and a rival of Tagg's.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Ryklys' behavior is somewhat reminiscent of someone with an ASD.
- Badass: Is one of the few trainers capable of giving Tagg a good fight.
- Friendly Enemy: Despite her and Tagg clashing multiple times in Hoenn when their interests came into conflict (Her water focus vs his balance), they have a fairly good rapport.
- Making a Splash: Her entire team is made up of Water types.
- The Stoic: Has a rather icy demeanor most of the time.
- Not So Stoic: When Grace nearly gets snagged by a mind controlled Every she shows the most emotion she ever has in the RP.
- No Sell: Can resist Tagg's Terrifying Presence.
- The Rival: To Tagg, who's also probably the closest thing she has to a human friend.
- Theme Naming: All of her mons are named after famous pirates.
A commanding officer of Team Magma.
A member of Team Magma, who used to be disliked by wild Pokémon for no apparent reason, until Wolf briefly lent her one of the human to Pokémon armbands so she could gain the ability to understand them. Met Vyvyan shortly afterwards, and has been travelling with him since then.
A somewhat nervous and jumpy Magma Grunt hailing from Fallarbor town. Specializing in Psychic-type Pokemon, the majority of his Pokemon could communicate to him via telekinesis before he got the ability to talk to them.
Bridget (Male Gardevoir)
Lady Luck (Chimecho)
Buggle ( Groudon)
Depthcharge ( Kyogre)
A Cool Old Lady
rancher from Solaceon Town, who is coaxed to give battling another whirl by Rex. Even though she is docile and laidback, she does have a shotgun and is not afraid to use it.
Sakura's friend that took her in when her parents died, she's a very energetic girl who likes to try new things and loves technology and Pokémon. She's also very likely to do silly things mostly out of boredom and curiosity.
- Ascended Extra: Initially was going to be a recurring character who would talk to Sakura by phone and give her help from time to time, she ended up getting a much larger role, even getting to be part of PEFE.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brains to Sakura's Beauty and Lyuri's Brawn
- Born Lucky: One of her main quirks is just how lucky she can get at times. Managing to find two specific houses in Goldenrod by random guess in one try each is just one of her feats.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Quirky, but is a talented scientist and a tech genius.
- Cloudcuckoolander: On her weirder days.
- Cool Big Sis: She acts as one for Sakura, sometimes even for Lyuri, her actual big sister.
- Freudian Trio: The Superego to Sakura's Ego and Lyuri's Id.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She makes mistakes, but when she gets something done, she certainly leaves nothing to be desired.
- Glasses Do Something Unusual: Her main example of her tech prowess is that she made her glasses have X-ray, night, head and Stat-O-Vision as well as being able to take picture and record videos and send them to her laptop.
- Genius Ditz: She may act silly, but she's far from being dumb and is even part of PEFE
- Plucky Girl: Trusted assistant is actually a Cipher admin that was using you all along? No problem! Let's compensate for it by giving everyone expensive Christmas gifts!
- Odd Friendship: Her friendship with Jacob is the most notable one.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Not frequently, but she does pop-up at random sometimes.
- Ship Tease: With Jacob and Allen, very slight though.
- Signature Mon: Azure the Azumarill in Kanjoh-2, Blade the Bisharp in Unova-2.
- Unwitting Pawn: Was used by Allen to infiltrated PEFE and allowed him to escape with her multitype research due to a Wounded Gazelle Gambit he pulled.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair - And unlike Sakura it's not known if she dyed it or if it's natural.
Rei (Female Lopunny)
- Action Mom - Can handle herself very well in battle.
- Nice Girl - Not to Sakura's extent, but she's very playful and nice overall.
- The Medic - Knows Healing Wish and Heal Bell for support.
- The Tease - She's loyal to her husband, but likes to flirt with every other guy just for fun.
A friend of Sakura and Hikari who works part-time as a babysitter, she pretty much got the short end of the stick in life and finds herself unable to do anything correctly.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Fell in love with Duke, who was already dating Lyuri
- Love Hurts: Implied to have suffered with this a lot.
- Red Herring: Set up as one in Orre in regards to Alexia's true identity.
- Solomon Divorce: Her parents divorced while she and her brother were still little kids. She stayed with her mother.
Rillianne's brother and Hikari's assistant, he's a very polite and serious person who tries to be as helpful as possible. Turns out to be the Cipher Admin Alexiel, as such, any tropes related to his villainous actions after his identity is revealed go under Alexiel's area.
An imageboard contributor and Sinn refugee living in Celadon, who ended up helping Tagg and Tracer in Kanto during the AU arc, though unlike them he didn't get back his OU memories before the universe split. In the OU, he lives in Sinnoh, and met Tagg once again during the IK Arc.
- Baleful Polymorph: Becomes a Purrloin during the RtAU arc.
- The Bus Came Back: Is among those summoned by Tangent and Xatu during the Orre arc climax.
- Image Boards: Is hinted to be a 4chan contributor in particular.
- It's Personal: Besides invading his home, Lanius managed to seriously injure his Torterra Jaws, which really pissed him off.
- La Résistance: First against Scolemis and then against the 7JD in the AU, and against Annoski's Spiritomb army in the OU.
- Nerves of Steel: Is pretty much a regular guy who gets wrapped up in something greater, but doesn't back down at all.
- Odd Friendship: With Tagg and Tracer.
- Official Couple: With Carol (the NPC) in the AU, and some Ship Tease in the OU.
- Ambiguous Gender: At first, though nowadays Dialga appears to be mentally male.
- Batman Gambit:
- Sending DS to the dimension where the legendaries were imprisoned, making sure she ends up where the Lake Trio would find her. This lead to DS joining the Lake Trio in their search for Palkia, eventually finding the petrified Palkia and the Lustrous Orb not far away from her. DS uses the Lustrous Orb to restore Palkia to normal, allowing the five of them to escape from the dimension just in time for the final battle.
- Considering how long Tagg has had the Adamant Orb, the weird circumstances in which he got it, and its use in the final battle of the AU arc, there's a chance that Dialga may have using him in one as well.
- Bold Inflation: Much like his sister.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Twice, first by Missingno, and then by Cyrus.
- Face-Heel Turn: Twice, due to mind control.
- Fighting from the Inside: In the alternate timeline arc, he manages to do this long enough to save DS' life when Cyrus orders him to destroy her.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Dialga has a very nasty tempter.
- Physical God: Like all legendaries.
- Mind Control: By Missingno during Sinnoh.
- Starfish Language: Can only communicate in loud SKREEEEEEEEEEEs when there is no Psychic type present.
- Though it's hinted and outright stated that he can speak just fine and just does it for amusement.
- Time Abyss: Like in the Pokédex, Dialga is about as old as time itself.
- Time Master: Is the god of time.
Darkrai and Cresselia
Manaphy (PMD arc Manaphy and Oblivia arc Manaphy)
- Badass Adorable: PMD arc Manaphy is one, it is currently unknown if Oblivia arc Manaphy will grow up to be one as well.
- Egg Macguffin: Oblivia arc Manaphy starts out as one of these, and shortly after hatching is abducted by Pokémon Pinchers. Trying to find and rescue him from the Pinchers becomes the main focus of the Oblivia arc.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: PMD arc Manaphy was never shown using his Heart Swap attack, but the Oblivia arc Manaphy used it twice. First at the beginning of the Oblivia arc shortly after hatching, accidentally causing Anom and Wolf to switch bodies and again near the end to switch them back.
- Making a Splash: Water ypes.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: PMD Manaphy's subplot in the PMD arc was not resolved on-screen, and so it had to be mentioned to have happened off-screen. Lampshaded when PMD Manaphy makes a cameo appearance later on and mentions that he doesn't really remember how his friends were rescued from Missingno.
Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf
The Sabot Warriors (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo)
Keldeo The First
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Is captured and turned into a Shadow Pokémon by Ghetsis. Luckily, DS and Wolf were able to bring him back to his senses.
- Gentle Giant: Despite his size and fearsome reputation, he's actually a really nice guy.
- An Ice Dragon: Ice type, natch.
- Never Live It Down: An in-universe example: Kyurem seems to find it somewhat annoying that people in Lacunosa Town still thinks he eats people.
- Power Incontinence: Has a few problems with his ice powers leaking out, which occasionally causes him to accidentally freeze some of his belongings, as well as his own body.
- The Unintelligible: To everyone who doesn't have a Mind of Crystal, though in the PMD-B timeline he's figured out how to talk with other beings.
- To Serve Man: Used to be a human eater, but that was a really long time ago.
Reshiram and Zekrom
- Big Damn Heroes: They're the first legendaries to arrive to help out during the final battle against 'M.
- Interspecies Romance: Reshiram with Luke, and later, Zekrom with Jane.
- Opposites Attract: Zekrom has admitted that he loves Reshiram even though she's pretty much his complete opposite. It apparently works both ways.
- Playing with Fire: Reshiram.
- Shock and Awe: Zekrom.
- Walking Techbane: Reshiram is useless with any sort of technology in comparison to Zekrom..
- Wild Mass Guessing: An in universe example, the two have been trying figure out just what their connection is with Kyurem. They haven't had much luck so far.
The Oblivia Beasts (Raikou, Entei, Suicune)
The Oblivia Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)
- Fangirl: Articuno is one of Reshiram.
The Oblivia Eon Dragons
- Blood Knight: Loves a good fight, which is ironic considering the fact that his job is to mediate between Groudon and Kyogre.
- Time Abyss: Like Groudon and Kyogre.
Heatran of Mt. Battle
- The Atoner: The eruption at Mt. Battle over a thousand years ago? He caused it in an angry fit over how humans would fight and killed over (and using) the metals he gifted them. This created the Eclo Wastes, and now he seeks to return the wastes to their former form; pasture.
- Badass in Distress: Was captured and Shadowed due his him holding back against a Shadowed Regina. This caused Mt Battle to basically "shut down", causing it to go dormant.
- Badass Grandpa: While he's quite a bit younger than Groudon or the other Legendaries in that category, his personality is considerably more mature.
- Playing with Fire: As is expected from a Heatran, right down to his signature "Magma Storm".