Characters: We Are All Pokemon Trainers Main 1
This page describes Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, listing the main player characters from A to M, and their Pokémon. Scroll to the bottom for more character listings.
Spoilers are unmarked, you have been warned.
open/close all folders
A 14-year-old girl (13 at her debut) who was raised in Olivine City, Johto. She's a bit lacking in the formality department, preferring to speak her mind without restraint. She began her journey several months prior to her debut, receiving her starter, a Cyndaquil dubbed Cynthia, from Professor Elm in New Bark Town before setting out on her adventure. She traveled to Kanto after hearing about an airship in Celadon, and has since taken part in a dramatic love triangle plot and climbed aboard said airship.
Cynthia the Quilava
Seven the Fearow
- The Voiceless: He never talks. Ever.
- Determinator: He didn't bat an eye when asked to fly from Violet City, Johto, all the way to Celadon.
Babe the Flaaffy
River the Nidorina
- Shrinking Violet: Very, very shy.
- Mysterious Past: It's hinted at, but not fully explained (yet).
- Abusive Parents: Er, owner. She was adopted by two kids, but was abused by their father and eventually sent to a hospital to be put down.
- Shout-Out: To the indie game To the Moon.
- Took a Level in Badass: Got more confident after winning the Plain Badge for Carol, though she's still pretty shy.
- She takes another level in Badass after a fight in Titan's Lab, resulting in her evolution.
Benjamin the Audino
Poindexter the Yamask
Emi the Sandslash
A teenager with a happy-go-lucky view on life, who's restraint is almost as lacking as his innocence. He's adequate with machines and always carries tools with him. He was also a former member of Team Plasma charged with making sure that his king was content and is one of the remaining members who actually wished for Pokemon liberation for the benefits to Pokemon and has since reflected on his actions.Recently, he has become more level headed and has essentially left the nest for the most part. He has since taken in Wally as his Protege and is currently training him to better his physical condition.
Many of the team are just plain nonsensical for the moves they carry so they all exhibit:
These Pokemon belong to N and are currently being held onto by Casval.
Joy the Audino (male)
"Besides, you're pack. And I protect my pack."
A young trainer from Twinleaf Town in Sinnoh.
- Bad Liar: Crewe is noted to be a horrible liar.
- Barrier Warrior: After her encounter with Isolde in Mt. Ohmeg, Crewe gained the ability to form Obscura barriers, whereas formerly Obscura tended to explode in her face whenever she tried to use it. This separates her from the majority of Aurics in the RP, whose powers tend to focus more on the offensive side of their abilities.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Herbert.
- Blind Without 'Em: Crewe has very poor vision without her glasses, in fact it was the main reason that Mew decided to have pity on her and make her human.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In Orre, Crewe is Snagged and Shadowed by Cipher.
- Brats with Slingshots: Is often seen using the slingshot she made in Oblivia; in the AU, she complains because she's completely unarmed until she finds another slingshot on the Resistance sub.
- Changeling Fantasy: See Shape Shifter.]]
- Disappeared Dad: Her father's dead.
- Knife Nut: Starts wielding a knife gifted to her by Titan following Orre.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses as a human.
- My Greatest Failure: So many of her mons leaving her due to Crewe not being the best trainer when it came to to the more emotional aspects of Pokémon training.
- Official Couple: With Jab, before ending up with Straw.
- Shape Shifter: Turns out to be a Sneasel that was transformed into a human by a Mew. This was done to save her life, as her vision issues would've almost caused her death in the wild. According to Word of God Crewe's human body is actually based on what a potential child of her human parents would've looked like had they been able to have kids, in order to better complete the illusion.
- Tomboy: Crewe has a hatred for most if not all stereotypically girly things.
- Transformation Trinket: Has a Moon Stone pendant that allows her to switch between human and Sneasel form at will.
- Unkempt Beauty: According to Herbert she's pretty in a "scruffy sort of way".
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: When Esprit tries to possess Straw during the Kalos arc, she cuts him up quite a bit with her dagger.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Vierr.
- Working with the Ex: Teams up with Jab to infiltrate the Holon Institute.
Clockwise the Noctowl
- Cloudcuckoolander: His default state, unless he's angry or confused.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Clockwise usually acts pretty crazy and out of it, but harm anyone on the team (or confuse him), and he becomes scarily competent.
- Papa Wolf: Threaten or hurt any member of his team, or his daughter Likewise, and Clockwise will hurt you.
Biton the Sneasel
- Big Brother Instinct: He is Crewe's oldest brother, and tends to treat her as a baby. Falls more under the "condescending" type.
- The Rival: To Gogie.
Beedrill the Fan Rotom
- Non-Indicative Name: Thanks to Clockwise, his name is Beedrill, which tends to confuse people who don't know him.
- The Voiceless: Can only communicates in beeps and whirrs, unless he's using Hasslemon.
First Appearance: Page 7511
- Catch Phrase: "[Interesting]* "
- Double Agent: Sort of. Crow is currently working for both Titan while being a member of the J-Team, trying to get the former to stop his plans while trying to get the latter to not oppose them directly.
- The Empath: Due to being a Heart of Gold.
- Giver of Lame Names: Is acknowledged as such in-universe.
- Honor Before Reason: Crow's aversion to stealing caused him to be unwilling to snag Crewe from Odin when Titan ordered him to do so, even though he was unsure of any other way to accomplish it.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Was initially friendly towards Iulianus, Verax, and Tornadus and Thundurus before figuring out their intentions. Tagg ends up getting particularly pissed off at him for trusting Verax in particular.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Crow has the ability to copy nearly any voice he hears.
- Morality Pet: Crow is trying to be one to Titan.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Crow is completely ignorant of most pop culture references, to Tagg's pure incredulity.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dyed his hair turquoise while working for Titan.
Gogie (Male Mightyena)
- Bi the Way: Aside from Morrigan, he kissed Biton once.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Morrigan. Unfortunately, she already had Belial.
- Playing with Fire: Knows Fire Fang and used it to start a fire on Route 35 and the Burned Tower.
- Why Did It Have to Be Fighting-Types?: Due to an incident with a huggy Conkeldurr, Gogie is quite afraid of Fighting-types in general, though is trying to work on at least being able to socialize with the ones he wants to.
Ghostus (Male Haunter)
Fisher (Male Slowking)
Venomous (Female Venomoth)
Sticy Lips (Male Lickilicky)
- Cuddle Bug: Likes to glomp peoplemons with his tongue
Raser (Male Primeape)
Glöckchen (Female Abomasnow)
- Creepy Child: She is often silent, save for occasional rings of her bell and occasional creepy comments about what happens to naughty children. She maintains this after evolving.
Finn (Male Gabite)
Rhyrhy (Female Rhyperior)
Likewise (Female Noctowl) [Previously Crewe's]
Mandrake (Male Gloom)
Slashkreyd (Male Sandslash)
Irrendolch (Male Accelgor)
Eisschwein (Male Piloswine)
Akim'bleer (Male Quilava)
Chirin (Male Dark/Electric Flaafy)
Old Cave (Male Dugtrio)
Jolly (Female Wingull)
- The Eeyore: Despite her name, is often pessimistic
Dawg (Male Houndour)
Trainwreck (Male Chespin)
Sundancer (Female Fletchling)
A 15 year old Mary Sue
First Appearance: Page 1
Blacky (Male Zoroark)
Flame (Male Charizard, later a Gengar)
Pink (Female audino)
Puffy (Female Altaria)
Rim (Male Elgyem)
Puppet (Male Banette)
Happy (Male Togekiss)
Clover (Female Lilligant)
- Cloudcuckoolander: May be one of these, if the fact that she thought that the Jellicent living in the ocean near Undella town being her parents are any indicator.
Plumps (Male Oshawott)
Dune, a.k.a. Derek Morton, is an explorer and aspiring archaeologist from Orre. He first found the J-Team in Humilau City during the Dream Rift Crisis, and has been following the group ever since.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: What he aspires to be.
- Adventurer Outfit: Of the "Archaeologist" variety, of course.
- Badass Normal: Has absolutely no Auric abilities as well as no Attribute. Only his fists, adrenaline, and training kept him from being killed by Verax during an ambush.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: Dune's mother and father are rain and sun trainers that had a messy divorce and tend to fight whenever they see eachother. This combined with their shared disapproval for Dune's life choices has lead him to avoid them whenever possible.
- Cornered Rattlesnake: While Dune is no slouch in combat, he is extremely sensitive to "do or die" situations and can become extremely strong and fast when backed into a corner.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Wears a pair of custom Go-Goggles, which protect his eyes from everything from sandstorms to cold rain to dirt getting thrown in his eyes.
- Heir to the Dojo: Dune is so far the only living practitioner of his ancestor's ancient martial art, the Hagane no Tsume.
- Muggle Born of Mages: His mother is a confirmed Auric, yet he has no potential of his own.
- Official Couple: With Galvani
- Protectorate: Aline
- Solomon Divorce: He went to live with their father, his little sister lived with their mother. A retroactive case of Real Life Writes the Plot.
- Why Did It Have To Be Scorpions?: Dune has a dislike for scorpion Pokemon like Gligar and Scorupi.
- Action Girl: Even though she was brand new to her human form and couldn't fight, she still followed Dune through a raid on a Cipher facility as a human.
- All Theories Are True: In her eyes, they are. It might explain the fact that some of her inventions seem to view the laws of physics more as kindly-worded suggestions.
- Blind Without 'Em: Has a pair of large glasses in her human form. Her eyesight is 20/50, making her almost legally blind without them and some slight astigmatism in her left eye prevents her from wearing contacts.
- Creating Life Is Awesome: At least, when the life you make is a miniature version of Optimus Prime, it's awesome.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards Aline.
- For Science!: Galvani has a thing for wanting to make things work, even if they work in ways they really shouldn't.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She's constantly improving on her more mundane devices, such as a customized Gameboy and Dune's hoverbike.
- Mad Scientist: Taking inspiration from Girl Genius (she even looks like Agatha Heterodyne) and Genius: The Transgression.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: A flaw in Galvani's method is that her creative benders are almost impossible to replicate.
- Science-Related Memetic Disorder: Has occasional bouts of inspiration that result in all-night benders that inevitably result in some device or another that may or may not break certain laws of physics.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Turns out to be female after putting on an armband. Needless to say, it took Dune a while to get used to the fact that his starter, whom he referred to as masculine his entire life, was a dead ringer for Agatha Heterodyne.
Garuda (Male Sigilyph)
- Deadpan Snarker: Having a voice that barely registers emotions certainly lends itself to this.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Has sworn himself to Dune's service. Exactly how far this goes has not been tested.
Rill (Male Swampert)
- Only Sane Man: He's constantly having to deal with all of the different things that Dune's team, especially Galvani, get into.
Big Dom (Golurk)
Selene (Female Clefable)
Ajax (Male Tyranitar)
Cun Annwn (Male Stoutland)
- Genre Savvy: Having watched many, many, many Super Sentai and Super Robot series, Cun can give eerily accurate predictions about future events involving team members, and can identify tropes by name.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Despite being a normal Lillipup from Castelia, Cun still tries to be the best hero he can be. He's even an unconfirmed Soul of Silver.
Hildr (Female Delta Donphan)
- Daddy's Girl: Despite knowing that Dune is not in fact her father, she still treats him as such. This has been toned down after her evolution into a Donphan.
Flanagan (Male Krookodile)
- Berserk Button: His ability is Anger Point; getting hit by a critical activates it and sends him into a frothing rage.
- Born Lucky: Claims to be this when it comes to winning bets.
Zeus (Male Stunfisk)
- A God I Am: Sees himself as a god amongst mortals, which is pretty much just bluster.
- Put on a Bus: After realizing just how much trouble he was going to be, Dune boxed him for the longest time, even after the rest of his mons joined him on a more permanent basis.
Champloo (Male Lucario)
Vega (Male Excadrill)
- Bi the Way: According to Word of God.
- Heel-Face Turn: As with most Shadow Pokemon, he was once a near-mindless killing machine for Cipher. He got better.
- Ninja: Or at least it's what Teishi and his group think.
Eskay is a trainer from Ecruteak who makes it a point to be kind to everyone he meets. He first found out about the J-Team when he found out Umbra fought an Obscura wizard with some other members.
Skye (Female Skarmory)
- Bi the Way: Had a crush on Luke, and got with Diane.
- Fangirl: Of Luke and Lake.
- Interspecies Romance: With Diane, made reasonable through use of armbands.
- Like Brother and Sister: Being Eskay's starter, she shares an incredibly close bond with him. It's revealed during the Holon arc that they're actually cousins due to an ancestor of Skye's, Alice Amarin, being turned into a Skarmory.
- Official Couple: See above.
Jazz (Shiny Female Arbok)
Wilbur (Male Grumpig)
- Medium Awareness: His pearl opens him up to the fourth wall, much to his dismay.
Spectrum (Female Flygon)
Doopliss (Masculine Ditto)
Smuglord (Male Serperior)
Myra (Feminine Rotom)
Banjo (Male Ursaring)
Ria (Female Feraligatr)
MGMT (Male Eelektross)
Oscar (Male Garbodor)
Cassius (Male Bisharp)
Everest (Male Scolipede)
- Mythology Gag: His name is a reference to "Epic Mount", the meta name given to Treeo's Scolipede buddy in the AU.
Dihrao (Male Nidoking)
Avada (Male Abra)
Lamarr (Female Kabuto)
"Before I met you guys, I was just some random trainer. Now I've met legendaries, patted a disguised Entei on the head, and been shipped with Link.
A random Trainer from Nimbasa who ran into various members of the group during the Gold Conference and is now traveling with them. Since joining the group, he has met legendaries, patted a disguised Entei on the head, been turned into a Dunsparce, been sucked into an alternate timeline, and fallen in love.
- The Apprentice: Is currently Tagg's.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is generally friendly and at least reasonably pleasant...and can scare a Crobat into defection, and doesn't take threats against his girlfriend Mezzo well.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Tokarev puts Every under mind control during Orre using a ring placed around his head.
- Death Glare: Pretty much his signature move as a Dunsparce. Carried over a bit as a human.
- Headbutting Heroes: Does not get along with Amanita especially well, and the feeling's mutual.
- Identical Stranger: Meets a PEFE employee who looks exactly like him a few times. Turns out that's because they're both descendants of Revy.
- Idiot Hair: Has an ahoge, though Every is not particularly stupid, naive, strange, or mischievous.
- Official Couple: With Mezzo.
- Ship Tease: With Mezzo during the early AU, before becoming an Official Couple.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Was absolutely awful at resisting instincts during his time as a Dunsparce, and tended to burrow underground at the first sign of danger.
- Took a Level in Badass: Went from merely an average trainer to one that managed to beat the Unova League and take on Tagg as an equal.
- Unfazed Everyman: Was actually pretty fazed at first, but eventually got used to it.
- Why Did It Have To Be Ariados: Is terrified of Ariados after nearly being killed by a swarm.
In the AU arc:
- And I Must Scream: Is placed under a Geass of silence by a Lelouch expy. For the next 24 hours, he is unable to make the slightest noise, rendering him mute and nearly immobile.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ascribes this to a blow to the head during a fight with Cofagrigus.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
Diesel (Male Kricketune)
"-insert a song here-"
Met: Route 202 (Kricketot)
Favorite Move: Sing.
Every's first Pokemon, Diesel is far more powerful than his small size would suggest. He has a surprising range of attacks at his disposal, and is quite fond of putting opponents to sleep. Diesel is also completely obsessed with music, and has formed a band out of Every's Pokemon. Consequently, he strictly disallows Every from capturing any mon that can't create music somehow. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
Breeze (Male Chimecho)
"HI DINTEL/VLAD/WHOEVER HAPPENS TO BE NEAREST! -glomp-"
Met: Route 211 (Chingling).
Favorite Move: Psychic.
A Chimecho caught as a Chingling, Breeze is one of the longer-standing members of Every's team. Despite his general childishness, Breeze is far smarter than he looks, and is a competent battler. Evolved to save Every's life when Every was bitten by an Ariados. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
Fade (Female Drifblim)
"Didn't die. No harm."
Met: Valley Windworks (Drifloon).
Favorite Move: Explosion.
Fade was caught as a Drifloon by Valley Windworks when Every wanted a Ghost-type on his team, and Drifblim also appealed as a flier. However, Fade's efficiency as a flier is somewhat debatable, being as she usually drops Every from a few feet higher than is perhaps safe. Undead in the AU.
Slam (Male Quagsire)
A rather lazy Quagsire, that Every caught as a Wooper. Takes a while to register most things, including pain, but seems to be a fairly powerful battler. Every uses him for surfing, despite the fact that Slam has been outsped by passing Magikarp. Dead in the AU.
"Don't get me wrong, mud-dweller. Someday I am
going to eat you. But until then, only I get to do that."
Met: Great Marsh (Croagunk).
Favorite Move: Poison Jab.
A Toxicroak that was caught as a Croagunk. Toxicroak is violent, rude, and altogether not a nice mon to be around, especially if you might look like food. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
"Meh, it's all just fleshforms and their emotions."
Met: Route 211 (Bronzor).
Favorite Move: Gyro Ball.
A Bronzor caught during the GC, Gyru quickly established an utter contempt for all things organic, and an absolute belief in its own superiority. Evolved into a Bronzong during a battle against a murder of Murkrow. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
Salamence (Female Altaria)
"Hi! I'm Salamence, but I'm really just a Swablu!"
Ability: Natural Cure.
Met: Route 210 (Swablu).
Favorite Move: Dragonbreath.
A fairly young Altaria that Every caught during the GC. She's friendly, happy to meet new people or Pokemon, and is an absolute Salamence fangirl, to the point of falling in love with one.. Is good friends with Breeze and T (an Unown T that follows Every around), and has declared herself unofficial aunt to Shahinne, Silent's Starly. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
Jab (Male Weavile)
"I'm not cute!
Met: Ascorbia Island (Sneasel).
Favorite Move: Ice Shard.
Jab was caught completely by accident, when he tripped over an Ultra Ball and caught himself. He's only been on Every's team for a short time, so not much is known about him yet, but he seems to be quite active and fond of picking fights.
Marmalade (Female Flygon)
"I like kids. They have an excuse for foolishness."
Met: Route 111 (Trapinch).
Favorite Move: Dig.
Marmalade was met in the Route 111 desert as a Trapinch, and has since proven herself a valuable member of Every's team. She's older than she would look and seems to be pretty intelligent.
Cirrus (Male Golbat)
Ability: Inner Focus.
Met: Aqua Headquarters in Fallarbor (Zubat).
Air Cutter Dragon Rage.
Cirrus is a Golbat whom Every received during a stint as a Team Aqua member. Zubat is somewhat odd, apparently believing himself to be a Dragonair. He seems nice though. Cirrus is no longer a member of Every's team, due to leaving after Every quit Team Aqua.
Drift (Male Jellicent)
Ability: Cursed Body.
Met: Fallarbor Hotel (egg).
Favorite Move: Bubble.
Drift's egg was received from Fool as a Christmas present. Drift is quite young, and is only just learning to speak, so his personality is largely unknown.
Mix (Male Leafeon)
"I'm an adaptable fox!"
Ability: Leaf Guard.
Met: Twinleaf Town (Eevee)
Favorite Move: Quick Attack.
Mix is a Leafeon from Mr. Backlot's garden, who sought shelter in Every's hat to escape a hug-obsessed Spiritomb. When Mix refused to get off Every's head, Every caught him.
T (Unown T)
"Hello to the [insert species name of addressed mon here]!"
Met: Jubilife City, in a bubble.
Favorite Move: Pacifism.
T is an Unown T of Unown origin, who spontaneously appeared in Jubilife City, and was befriended by Breeze. Has been tagging along with Every since then. T seems to put up with just about anything (Although it will occasionally question the sensibility of an action), and generally remains cheerful. Was in Every's narrative stream for a while during the AU, before leaving to do other things.Note:
T is not actually one of Every's mons. It is just a tagalong.
Fool is a vaguely 18/19 year old girl hailing from the Pinwheel Forest of Unova. Raised by the local Simipour tribe, Fool never really became an official Pokemon trainer until she met the group in Unova. She is spunky and full of energy and a surprisingly good commander when the situation rises, as was the example of when she came up with a plan to attack the Sky Fortress in Oblivia. Despite her cheery nature, she does have Cute and Psycho
tendencies. Her real name is Solana Malkewitz and she was born in Dewford town in Hoenn. The circumstances that lead to her parents death in the Pinwheel Forest are rather vague.. Notable events include taking down the Sky Fortress in Oblivia, tieing with Tagg ins the GC arc and eventually becoming the Big Bad
in the Orange Islands Arc Fool is currently working at the PEFE as a researcher.
In the AU timeline, she wasn't as nice at first. A rather cruel and cold maiden who worked for Scolemis and had a Propoganda General in her ownership that would later become a very important character
. After regaining her memories, she tries to help the situation by helping taking down Lanius. After the battle agaisnt Cyrus, she goes back to her home in Hoenn and lives for her parents before going back to Unova for a short time. She is then ratted out, chased back to Hoenn captured and hanged in Unova. Is currently a Banette aiming for Resurrection in the Spirit World
In the AU arc:
Meet the Team◊
Michelle the Simipour ♀
Roderich the Serperior ♂
Satine the Chandelure ♀
Kamina the Krookodile ♂
Socrates the (Shiny) Unfezant ♂
Lenore the Hydreigon ♀
MGMT the Eelektross ♂
Arachne the Ariados ♀
Hatbox the Honchkrow ♂
Zecora the Espeon ♀
Sun the Blaziken ♀
Oswald the (Shiny) Breloom ♂
Geb the Torterra ♂
Sparkster the Luxray ♂
Joyeu the Salamance ♂
Honora the Garchomp ♀
Bob the Wobbufett ♂
Quetzal the Archeops ♀
Sahara the Staravia ♀
Claudandus the Zororak ♂
Snowman the (Shiny) Mew (Genderless, but referred to with Female Pronouns)
Sasha the Swanna ♀
Poseidon the (Shiny) Chatot ♂
Caligula the Typlosion ♂
Gaston the Haxorus ♂
Felicity the Liepard ♀
Isis the Weavile ♀
Waldo the Timburr ♂
Kaepora the Tropius ♂
Maren the Bannette ♀
Aibileen the Delta Miltank ♀
Sammy the Samurott ♂
Crowbar the Marowak ♂
Molniya the Blitzle ♀
Hathor the Larvesta ♀
"I've always had to rely on my wits to get me out of trouble. Problem is, they usually lead me straight into it."
A 16 year old trainer (15 at his debut) born and raised in Eterna City, Sinnoh, who met the group in Virbank City. His father was a Team Galactic commander who disappeared a week before the events at Spear Pillar, and his goal ever since has been to find him and bring him to justice. Herbert is an antisocial loner with severe trust issues and a vicious mean streak - and yet to those few he manages to befriend, he shows a much softer and more vulnerable side. Since joining the J-Team, he has starred in a movie, started to learn how to use Aura, taken command of an army of Pawniard, and gotten roped into a love triangle.
- Adorkable: According to Carol.
- Affectionate Nickname: Carol calls him "Herby".
- Always Someone Better: Amongst his many insecurities is a crippling inferiority complex, which causes him to view nearly everyone else as this.
- Arch-Enemy: Alexiel.
- Apologises a Lot: When he's not being a massive Jerkass.
- Bad Liar: You don't need to be a Heart of Gold to tell if he's lying or not. Tagg even describes him as almost as bad at lying as Crewe.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Crewe.
- Butt Monkey: To be fair, though, most of the time he deserves it. Most of the time.
- Casanova Wannabe: If it's female and human, Herbert will attempt to flirt with it. This leads to a Never Live It Down moment when he tries to flirt with a genderbent Eskay.
- Deadpan Snarker: Both he and Tagg spend a lot of time snarking at whatever they encounter in their adventures.
- Determinator: Developed into this over time. Herbert is simply too stubborn to quit, no matter what he goes through or how much punishment he takes.
- Determined Defeatist: Herbert is a firm pessimist, and yet his stubbornness drives him to keep fighting even in the face of overwhelming odds.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: He mostly goes by Herbert, for reasons he keeps to himself.
- The Empath: A novice Auric, though just because he's able to read people's emotional state doesn't mean he pays any attention to it.
- I Have Many Names: Has four real names, one personal alias, and no less than five separate nicknames of various quality.
- Innocent Bigot: As a result of being raised by a Team Galactic commander, he has some rather... backwards views about Pokemon. He isn't as bad as Galactic are, but he doesn't see Pokemon as anything more than intelligent animals and the concept of a human/Pokemon relationship utterly revolts him. This got him a vicious ass-whooping at the hands of Diane. Eventually he learns to become more accepting of Pokemon as sentient creatures.
- Insult of Endearment: Crewe's mocking appellation of "fruitcake" comes to be used in a more affectionate context over time.
- It's Personal: He considers his vendetta against Alexiel to be this. Alexiel, of course, doesn't consider him to be anything more than a particularly persistent nuisance.
- Jerkass: His stubbornness, tendency to hold grudges, and casually mean-spirited commentary even in the most inappropriate of situations doesn't win him many friends, yet Herbert can (usually) be called upon to do the right thing when it counts.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever he is embarrassed in front of a girl. Which is pretty much always.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: He wouldn't get into half as many fights if he could just keep his mouth shut on occasion.
- Made of Iron: For a frail teenager, Herbert is ridiculously hard to kill. Justified during Okamiquest, however, as the Orange Locket provides him with a Healing Factor.
- Name of Cain: And just like IRL, having that name has given him nothing but trouble.
- Not So Different: The similarities between him and a younger Tagg have not escaped notice.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Towards Carol, even though Everyone Can See It.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Tagg and Ammy at the beginning of Okamiquest, though they later all end up becoming Fire-Forged Friends. His friendship with Tagg collapses after the events of Orre, however.
- These Hands Have Killed: Experiences this after killing Edge, which causes a brief period of Heroic BSOD.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: In contrast to Tagg, who doesn't have quite as many issues with killing. During the Okamiquest arc he becomes more of a Martial Pacifist.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lyuri. Until Orre, where the "best buds" bit disappears, and hard.
Tropes that apply to AU!Herbert:
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
Kirk (Male Lucario)
Kirk is Herbert's starter, and is rather more boisterous than most Lucario.
- Blood Knight: Never shies away from a fight.
- Boisterous Weakling: Downplayed. Kirk can actually fight, and is probably the strongest Pokemon on Herbert's team, but he can almost never back up his boasts about being able to beat everyone in the room.
- Characterization Marches On: Wasn't nearly as much of a Jerkass during his first appearances.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Inverted. Because of a misunderstanding, he believes the kind and emphatic Eskay is a murderer and is highly hostile towards him.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: In combat, though he occasionally slips into being a Master of None.
- Jerkass: Kirk can like his trainer often be a bit of an asshole, especially towards mons he considers annoying and weak such as Gogie.
- Put on a Bus: During the end of Holon and entirety of Orre.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Leaves Herbert's team due to a combination of feeling like he was being held back and Herbert seemingly dying.
- Sore Loser: Towards Seth after their first time facing each other.
- Those Two Guys: With Ripley.
In the AU, Kirk's belief in Pokemon supremacy led to him abandoning Herbert and joining Scolemis, indirectly leading to the former's death. After Scolemis collapsed, he signed up with the Seven Jerk Dragons instead, despite his non-draconic origins.
Tropes that apply to AU!Kirk:
- Blood Knight: Even more so than in the OU.
- Jerk Ass: Surprisingly enough, he actually comes off as less abrasive than his OU counterpart, though this may just be by the standards of the AU.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Unlike his OU counterpart, however, he shows no signs of trying to improve his attitude - he's an unrepentant Blood Knight who abandoned his own trainer, has no qualms about serving a brutal and oppressive regime and is perfectly willing to betray his own allies for a chance at political advancement.
- Noble Demon
- Remember the New Guy: A former Scolemis officer and a major player in the AUnova political scene... who just happened to have never shown up in the original AU arc.
Maul (Male Alakazam)
Maul was given to Herbert by his father. Though he is a capable telepath, he never speaks, except in cryptic half-sentences.
Ripley (Female Weavile)
Ripley was caught by Herbert near Snowpoint City, although she doesn't seem to like her trainer much and regards him as more of an annoyance than anything. Eventually traded to Joseph prior to Orre.
Newt (Female Sneasel)
Ripley and Rogue's eldest (and only) daughter, Newt was the product of what was supposed to be a one-night tryst in Lentimas. Despite technically being Herbert's Pokemon, she spent most of her time with Joseph before finally being officially traded to him.
Bishop (Male Scizor)
Bishop was a former Shadow Pokemon, found and rescued by Herbert in Orre. He is fiercely loyal to Herbert because of this.
- Apologetic Attacker: Often.
- Badass Adorable: At least according to Sakura.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As a Shadow Pokemon, he tore two Cipher members to shreds and almost killed Herbert when they first met.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's subtle, but Bishop's brand of wit is rather sarcastic. Get him angry - a difficult feat - and he unleashes a vicious barrage of snark.
- Fate Worse than Death: Seems to consider becoming a Shadow Pokémon as such.
- Fragile Speedster: Bishop is powerful, but he can barely take even a couple of hits. However, upon evolution he seems to have become a...
- Jumped at the Call: Was quite eager to evolve and probably would do so immediately was it not for Herbert deciding to wait for a while.
- Nice Guy: One of the only Pokemon on Herbert's team willing to place the wellbeing of others above his own.
- Straight Gay: He has a crush on Sakura's Scizor, Seth, who doesn't reciprocate.
- Team Dad: The one responsible for taking care of his team, especially without Kirk around.
- Undying Loyalty: To Herbert, to the point where he will inflict Disproportionate Retribution on anyone that threatens him.
- Why Did It Have To Be...:
- Stone Edge: Possibly the move he was hit with the most ever since his debut, though that's bound to change since he's now a Scizor.
- Shadow Pokémon: Completely froze upon facing Shadow!Duke, but has learnt to face his fear after multiple encounters with other Shadows.
Elan (Male Bibarel)
A Bibarel Herbert was given in Sinnoh as a HM user, Elan spends most of his time boxed.
Leia (Female Politoed)
A Politoed from the Dream World, caught by Herbert in Castelia City.
Wrex (Male Scraggy)
A hyperactive young Scraggy caught by Herbert on Route 4 in Unova.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Cheerful Child
- Keet: He is constantly bouncing around, trying to fight with everything he sees and yelling excitedly.
- Motor Mouth: Has his moments, sometimes accompanied by fellow Motor Mouth Shale for double the headache and confusion.
Falchion (Male Bisharp)
A Pawniard that formerly worked for Edge's Pawniard army, which kidnapped Carol. Falchion was taken captive by Herbert and is now forced to work for him instead.
Samus (Female Tranquill)
A Dream World Tranquill, Samus was originally caught by Herbert as a Pidove in Opelucid City.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Divorced from reality to an almost dangerous extent, to the point where she refers to Aelia as a "nice scientist lady" and enjoys being forcibly multityped.
- Shipper on Deck
Harkness (Male Monferno)
Originally a Chimchar caught by Jacob in the Unova League at the peak of the Dream World crisis, Harkness has since been traded to Herbert and evolved into a Monferno.
Revan (Male Dusknoir)
Lucanus' closest companion during his life, Revan died at the hands of the Ghost Lord, only to be resurrected as a ghost himself. He spent the next six centuries in a Holonese tomb before eventually being found by Herbert's team. Is also Maul's ancestor.
Kerrigan (Female Machop)
A Shadow Pokemon that Herbert snagged from a pair of Cipher Peons in Orre.
An expert Pokémon Trainer that has been into Pokémon battling for a living since he was a child.
- All Love Is Unrequited: This is what happens every time he falls in love. Eventually he just stopped looking for it.
- Badass Normal: The only thing remotely special about him is that he can understand Pokémon speech, but other than that, he's very good at Pokémon battles having fought three or four every day for about five years, and more than capable of holding his own when needed, able to wield a sword with frightening skill with minimal training.
- Batman Gambit: Despite being a genius effectively only in name, he's rather effective at pulling these off. An example of which is during Orre, he knew Titan was going to underestimate him in a battle and made use of that to rescue Regina from him.
- Friendly Rival: Seems to have this kind of relationship with Sakura at first, but loathes the idea of rivals in general and does not see anyone as one.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Is able to make very interesting gadgets and apps for his laptop, such as developing a battle simulator to test his chances of beating certain tough opponents, to building Herbert a holographic arm-mounted PC for Christmas.
- Heroic BSOD: Losing Regina did quite a number on him.
- Ill Boy: Kanjoh-2 and the beginning of Unova-2, courtesy of a Toxic move.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold /Nice Guy: Which one he is depends heavely on the circumstances.
- Love Makes You Evil: Not really the case, but in the J-Team TV Show, he's a villain for this reason.
- Ship Tease: With Hikari.
- What the Hell, Hero?: See below.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wasn't afraid of sinking as low as Cipher during Orre, even planning on using Sylva as bait for them. Some members of the team didn't take this well.
Joseph Hudson is a cheerful sixteen year old Unovan. He worked as a Pokemon Breeder before meeting the J-Team.
Locke "Argent" Elroy
Locke, who is called Argent as a codename, due to his silver eyes and being from Canalave City, is a 19 year old detective working for the International Police. When he was 15, his parents were killed by a member of Team Galactic known as Wesker The Whisperer
, who burned their house down with them still inside.
His mother had pushed him out just in time, while they died in the flames. He has wowed to become strong enough to avenge his parents, and bring Wesker to justice, once and for all.
- Adorkable: He has some trouble interacting with other people, and, despite being 19, is still a fan of, and watches, shows like Proteam Omega, Prism Rangers, Scooby-Doom, and Wonder Fighters movies. He also plays games such as Anima, Sonic the Sandslash and Grasswhistle of the Eons.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of a brutal one, by Wesker, when he first sees him in Kalos, 4 years after his parent's murder.
- Can't Catch Up: To Wesker, currently trying to fix that.
- Closet Geek: He prefers not to discuss his hobbies with strangers or acquaintances, and keeps a serious, on the job demeanor when around people besides friends, usually.
- Gray Eyes: Silver, actually.
- Heroic BSOD: After the Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Nice Guy: Besides his utter hatred of Wesker, he's an okay guy, going from one city to another just find a family heirloom of a little old lady.
- Talking with Signs: Communicates with his Pokemon by having them write down what they want to say on a notepad he carries around, and he replies to them.
- Tragic Keepsake: His locket, it houses the only photos of him and his parents that he has, as they were almost all burnt in the fire at his house.
- Villain Takes an Interest: Wesker did, after their battle.
- Waistcoat of Style: Likes wearing these.
Axel The Swampert
Locke's first Pokemon. The fun-loving goofball of the team.
Geo the Lucario
Locke's honorable Lucario. Usually wears a bowtie.
Mirror the Bronzong
The only normal one, despite being a floating Totem.
Denise the Arcanine
Received from the International Police, Denise is the main means of transportation.
Meddler, whose real name is Rebecca Goldman, is a 14 year-old female trainer. She started her journey at around 10-11 years old, tagging along with her brother, Gamer. Meddler ended up getting ditched by Gamer in a bookstore. She ended up spending the next two years looking for Gamer, along the way somehow becoming a Sinnoh Champion. However, the only pokemon Meddler still has from her original team are her starter, Violet, and her Machamp, Knuckles. This is due to an accident where one of her pokemon died. Meddler felt responsible for the mon's death and gave the rest of her pokemon away, except for the ones mentioned above. Meddler's very engergetic and somewhat inscure. She also is always willing to help anyone that needs it.
In the AU: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/aupictureofmeddler.png/
Au Meddler(called Meds in this timeline) ran away from home when she was 8, in hopes of becoming an actress and because she was bored with her life. She ended up in Unova, becoming a pickpocket and living in a dumpster. Strangely enough, she wound up with the same Pokemon her original-timeline-self had.
Violet the Swampert
- Deadpan Snarker: This is what she is most of the time. Has also been toned down somewhat since she started dating Knuckles.
Sally the Cinccino
Kirby the Emolga
Benny the Boldore
Knuckles the Machamp
Mezzopiano "Mezzo" Morendo
A 18 year old trainer and self-styled "Dark-type Fangirl" who met the group when she arrived in Fiore. She originally hails from Castelia City in Unova. Her goal is to one day become the world's first Dark type Gym Leader. Since joining the group, she's been turned into a Purrloin, met several legendaries, and fallen in love.
In the AU arc, after her home was taken over by Scolipede and Artemis, she surrendered to their forces and joined their army. She rose through the ranks until she became the governor of Black City, leading her own Dark-type branch of Scolemis' army named the Black Guard.
First appearance: Page 1667.
- Ascended Fangirl: She used to write fanfiction of the team before she joined them, though she now considers it an Old Shame.
- Bi the Way: Once tried courting Lily, and is currently with Every.
- Bifauxnen: Several people have mistaken her for a boy.
- Casting a Shadow: Her whole team, and herself as a Liepard.
- Cat Girl: Has some shades of this, particularly when exposed to Skittynip due to her feline Pokéform.
- Celeb Crush: She had one on Grimsley for a while. She's mostly over it now that she's in a relationship.
- Crash into Hello: How she first met the group.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Seems to be a pretty nice person, despite having a team full of Dark-types, though she can have a bit of mean streak at times.
- Deadpan Snarker: Certainly has her moments of snarkiness.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears black.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses, except in the AU arc, where she wears contacts instead.
- Musical Theme Naming: She and all of her siblings are named after terms on the dynamics scale.
- Not a Morning Person: She has a tendency to sleep late.
- Official Couple: With Every.
- Parasol of Pain: Gained one when she was drawn into a Pokémon version of The Great Cave Offensive. She's kept it around since then.
- Perky Goth: Sure, she wears black all the time and trains only Dark types, but she still knows how to have fun.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves candy.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: There are still arguments going on in the in-universe fanbase as to whether she's a boy or girl, and Mezzo has at times made contradictory statements regarding her gender in order to troll the fanbase.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Natural in her case.
Tropes that apply to AU Mezzo:
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- Casting a Shadow: All are Dark types.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Nearly all Mezzo's mons save for Felis and Dreadwing end up dying fighting Napoleon's forces.
- Face-Heel Turn: The majority of Mezzo's mons are evil in the AU arc.
- No Sell: Against Psychic attacks. However, it also means they can't receive telepathic messages.
Felis (Male Liepard)
"I love the looks on their faces when I take their pride and smash it against the ground."
Met: Castelia City (Purrloin; house pet)
Favorite move: Taunt
Mezzo's starter, originally a pet Purrloin she received as a birthday present before she began her journey. He considers himself Mezzo's favorite, and in a few ways, he's right. He has a bit of a spoiled attitude, but does love his trainer.
Sunny (Male Umbreon; an Espeon in the AU)
"Oh, aren't they just so cute together?"
Met: Castelia City (gift from Forte)
Favorite move: Moonlight
An Umbreon that Mezzo received as a gift from her brother. He is generally cheerful and optimistic, despite his Dark typing but fitting his name. He's the only member of Mezzo's team who can read. He has an interest in writing fanfiction and a tendency to pair people together in his head.
Yin (Male Absol)
"The end has come! Run for the hills!"
Met: Route 213
Favorite move: Sucker Punch
An Absol that Mezzo caught traveling in a pack on Sinnoh's Route 213. He is very wary and quick to flee, particularly when he can feel a disaster coming.
- Cowardly Lion: Despite being the first to flee Yin is willing to fight when he has to.
- Properly Paranoid: Has moments when he's actually quite right to flee.
- The End Is Nigh: Gets like this whenever he senses an impending disaster.
- Villainous Valour: Decides to fight against Napoleon's forces in the AU without a hint of fear.
Dreadwing (Female Mandibuzz)
"My flying's just fine. It's just my landings that need work."
Met: Route 10 (Vullaby)
Favorite move: Rest
A Mandibuzz that Mezzo originally caught as a Vullaby on Unova Route 10. She likes to collect bones to decorate herself with. Mezzo uses her to fly, since she's bigger than Nevermore.
- Blow You Away: Part Flying type.
- Captain Crash: Whenever she tries to fly Mezzo anywhere, she ends up crashing into someone or something.
- Made of Iron: Survived a Thunderbolt in the AU that killed Nevermore despite her weakness to Electric attacks.
Cerberus (Female Houndoom)
"I'm bored. Can I go burn something?"
Ability: Early Bird
Met: Route 9 (Houndour)
Favorite move: Flamethrower
A Houndoom that Mezzo caught from a pack traveling on Unova Route 9. She loves nothing more than to burn things with her fiery breath.
Muramasa (Female Bisharp)
Met: Route 9 (Pawniard)
Favorite move: Night Slash
A Bisharp that Mezzo originally caught as a Pawniard on Unova Route 9. Little is known about her, as she rarely ever speaks.
Charybdis (Female Hydreigon)
"Know your place, worm."
Met: Victory Road (Deino)
Favorite move: Dragon Pulse
A Hydreigon that was caught as a Deino on Unova's Victory Road. Before she evolved, Felis tormented her relentlessly. After an incident involving a Dragon Pulse so strong it prevented Felis from walking for a week, he is now utterly terrified of her. Mezzo rides on her when she needs to cross water, since she's the only one on the team that knows Surf.
- Pride: Thinks of herself as superior to all other Pokémon.
Serket (Female Drapion)
"These are weak trainers. Where are the strong ones?"
Ability: Battle Armor
Met: Great Marsh (Skorupi)
Favorite move: Cross Poison
A Drapion that was originally caught as a Skorupi in Sinnoh's Safari Zone. She views battling as a friendly competition, and is mostly interested in developing new strategies and seeking worthy opponents.
Nevermore (Female Honchkrow)
"Hey, I'm her boss, I can do what I want with her."
Ability: Super Luck
Met: Eterna Forest (Murkrow)
Favorite move: Nasty Plot
A Honchkrow that was originally caught as a Murkrow in Sinnoh's Eterna Forest. She is pushy and demanding, and has a habit of pecking Mezzo in the head until her demands are met. She thinks of herself as the boss and Mezzo and her other Pokémon as her minions.
- Glass Cannon: Like all Honchkrow, which gets her killed in the AU.
- Jerk Ass: Is a big one, and unlike Felis she's yet to have any sympathetic moments.
Spiny (Male Sharpedo)
"You taste good!"
Ability: Rough Skin
Met: Off the coast of Tarocco Island (Carvanha)
Favorite move: Bite
A Sharpedo that Mezzo caught as a Carvanha in the Orange Islands. He likes to bite things.
Butterscotch (Male Zoroark)
"You peoplemons are crazy."
Met: Shamouti Island (Zorua; gift from Fool)
Favorite move: Dark Pulse
An illusionary Zoroark that was created by Fool practicing Obscura powers. He gained a life of his own and was given away to Mezzo. As a result of his odd origin, he is yellow instead of the usual Zoroark colors.
Bellatrix (Female Scrafty)
Met: Fallarbor Town (Egg)
Favorite Move: Headbutt
A Scraggy that Mezzo received as a Christmas present from Fool. She likes to headbutt things.
Demyx (Male Crawdaunt)
Ability: Shell Armor
Met: Onion Ocean
Favorite Move: Double Team
Xel'lotath (Female Inkay)
Met: Muraille Coast
Favorite Move: Unknown
↪...N to Z
↩Back to the Characters Page
↩Back to the Main Page