Characters: We Are All Pokemon Trainers Main 2
This page describes the main player characters from N to S, and their Pokémon. Scroll to the bottom for more character listings.
Spoilers prior to Orre are unmarked, you have been warned.
open/close all folders
A 19 year-old that comes from Kanto. She's been wandering around the world searching revenge on the Pokémon that destroyed her home.
Squit (Squirtle)A Squirtle that Pana received when she was 11 years old as her starter.
A 19 year old from an island off the coast of Slateport City. Well, until a horde of dragons burnt the place down when he was a child. After that he spent 12 years training under Greg Palmer to help in his industry, rescuing Pokémon from those that would abuse them. At least, that's what he was told. In actually Greg Palmer was the leader of a Pokémon smuggling ring. It is on a mission to rescue a Victini from the Institute for Advanced Pokémon Research that he met and became a member of the group.
First Appearance: Page 1
Tropes that apply to AU Pentigan:
Image.◊Normal Universe Team:
Oakley (Male Snivy)
Revol (Male Oshawatt)
Susan (Female Lopunny)
Ur (Female Victini)
- Punny Name: Ur is both a shortening of Uranium and a reference to Victini being the first Pokémon in the Unova pokedex.
Booster (Female Fearow)
Nets (Male Bulbasaur)
Altair (Male Altaria)
Carl (Male Panpour)
Φ (Female Zoroark)
Yes she's biologically impossible, just don't tell her that.AU Team:
Altair (Male Altaria)
FlareRaider (Male Charizard)
Spinnair (Male Kingdra)
Oakstrong the Solid (Male Flygon)
First Appearance Here
Psyche was born in Nimbasa City, but when she was five, her mother died. Shortly afterwards, she was nearly fatally injured by a gang of Scrafty on Route 4, which left her with an incredibly damaged leg, torn vocal cords, and a blown ear drum in one ear. After this, her father and older brothers left her to be Raised by Gothorita
in Lostlorn Forest. To this day, she still fears and hates her father, and has an intense antipathy toward most humans, but is slowly getting better.
After a short week or so in the PMD universe, she came back to Unova, and was promptly disowned by her Gothitelle Elders, after which she decided to follow Trip, Straw, and Eskay, attempting the Gym Challenge. More info to come.Pokeform
- Badass Bookworm: Odd case: She's quiet, reserved, always eager to show her intelligence... but is just learning how to read. Her through knowledge of psychology and battle tactics shine in a pinch, however, and she's been known to take on many more opponents than one at a time. Blindfolded.
- Big Eater: All that telepathy drains some calories, dang it.
- The Chessmaster: Is very manipulative when it comes to others due to growing up with Gothita Line members, and it's In the Blood since she's a descendant of Aiura.
- Cute and Psycho: Shows tendencies of some deeper trauma every now and then...
- Deadpan Snarker: And how.
- Death Seeker: Isn't quite fond of her past.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She's certainly got her sarcastic and snappy moments, but she's beginning to open up to her newfound friends.
- Ditzy Genius: Somewhere between this and Genius Ditz. She's incredibly smart... when it comes to strategy, manipulation, a forest, or psychology... Otherwise, she's completely clueless. And definitely don't ask her for directions outside of a forest.
- Drama Queen: Has. This. In. Spades.
- Guile Hero: See The Chessmaster.
- Handicapped Badass: Just take a good, long look at her description again.
- Manipulative Bitch: And how.
- No Sense of Direction: Her lack of direction is legendary.
- Not Good with People: Type 1
- Official Couple: With Eskay, following their Sleep Cute.
- Psychic Powers : She's telepathic and telekinetic, and shows it in battle.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Is only romantically interested in Eskay.
Common to all of her Pokémon:
- Psychic Powers: All of her Pokémon are Psychic. Psyche prefers them most because she can't communicate with other Pokémon as well.
- Shout-Out: To Magic: The Gathering. Each of her mons represent a different color combination. Some more of a stretch than others, admittedly, though less so in the AU. Their OU!Counterparts tend to exhibit the positive attributes, while their AU!Counterparts are the more dark and extreme attributes. Psyche rounds out the color pie with Black. (Though, She's more Green/White in the AU.)
#1 Selene the Gothitelle (Color Combo: Green/White)
- Cool Big Sis: Psyche's best friend and adoptive sister, she's always willing to give her advice and cheer her up.
- Lunacy: The main schtick of Gothorita in general, really.
#2 Galahad the Gallade (Color Combo: White)
#3 Khione the Jynx (Blue/White)
#4 Totem the Xatu (Black/Red)
#5 Horace the Slowking (Blue)
#6 Sandy the Musharna (Blue/Green)
- Lazy Bum: If he's not called on to fight, he loves nothing more than sleeping.
#7 Marceline the Gardevoir (Red/Green)
#8 Hummingbird the Sigilyph (Red/White)
#9 Dixie the Zen Mode Darmanitan (Blue/Red)
#10 Hood the Scrafty (Black/Green)
- Odd One Out: The only non-psychic type on Psyche's team
#11 Piglet the Spoink (Green)
#12 Houdini the Kadabra (Red)
#13 Karma the Metang (Blue/Black)
#14 Pushme/Pullyu the Girafarig (White/Black)
#15 Brecht the Elgyem (Colorless)
Ren/ Renard Valenum Clavis
First appearance is here.
Ren is a Pokémon coordinator that comes from a wealthy family. While his current residence is in Castelia City, Ren travels to Johoto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh to participate in contests. In his teens, Ren had a bad accident while riding a Rapidash, the aftermath of which left Ren with a heavily scared and bum leg. Ren now walks with a cane because of this.
Ren is a graduate of the La Rousse College of Art and Technology, where he discovered his talent for Pokémon coordinating and opted to become a professional coordinator. After a few successful years of running contest circuits, Ren gained recognition as a coordinator and gained sponsorship. Ren has since branched off from contests and is currently making a name for himself in Pokémon Musicals.
Ren travels with the J-Team started with a chance meeting with Carol at the Humilau Pokémon center.
- Arsenal Attire/Stun Cane: Ren has a cane that really a stun baton.
- Cane Fu: Ren isn't afraid to use his electrified cane on anybody or anymon who tries to assault him.
- Crazy-Prepared: After deciding he was joining the J-Team, Ren was smart enough to go to a Pokémart and buy everything he might need, then go and make some outfits to carry it around in.
- Defiant to the End: Subverted. When captured by Cipher and tortured for information and compliance, Ren just kept calm insulted his interrogators until they left or Ren was unconscious. However, once Mammor threatened Kitsune, Ren became visibly angry and agreed to the demands. Until Mammor started gloating.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side/ The Dandy: Ren is a thin, sharply dressed man who can cook, sew, has a few pink outfits in his closet, and he won't bat an eye if a screaming psycho with an itchy finger holds a gun to his forehead.
- Let's Get Dangerous: During the Croagunk Challenge Cup, Ren's final opponent started mocking Ren and his mon for being a coordinator and contest mon and being weak because of it. Ren decided he had enough and proceeded to beat said opponent with Cherry Tapping.
- Limited Wardrobe: Zig Zagged. Ren changes his outfit often. However, he has multiple versions of each outfit of the pallet swap variety. All Ren's said color variations are color-themed after Pokémon move types. Here what Ren's options were until Mid-Holon.◊
- Mexican Standoff: Accidentally caused one between Carol, Arika and himself by being Wrong Genre Savvy.
- Mundane Utility: When Ren commands his team to use Round, his team sings show tunes.
- Nerves of Steel: After several kidnapping and/ or murder attempts, Ren won't flinch if some one tries to threaten him. Though it's another matter if you threaten someone else.
- Non-Idle Rich: Ren has near infinite funds, but that doesn't stop him from participating in life-threatening battles or exploring ruins.
- Scars Are Forever: Ren's left leg looks like something that belongs on a Frankenstien-style like monster, not a dandy.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Ren has been seen in several nice outfits. He has 5-piece suit for contests, he currently alternates through several custom-made, knee-length frock coats, and he was introduced wearing a dress shirt, vest, tie, and slacks.
- Spiteful Spit: Ren spits blood in Odin's after the later punched Ren in the face.
- Spot of Tea: While Ren isn't British, he loves tea. In fact any time Ren is shown drinking something, he is drinking tea. Ren takes it a step further, the first beverage he offers anyone is tea. Word of God says while he loves tea, he keeps coffee, sodas, and stronger stuff for his guests.
Tropes That apply to all Ren's Pokémon:
Rio the Lucario
Ability: Inner Focus
Tropes that apply to Rio:
- Odd Name Out: Rio is Ren's only mon not to have really clever name.
Kitsune the Ninetales
Tropes that apply to Kitsune:
Copperfield the Alakazam
Ability: Magic Guard
Gamma the Porygon-Z
Gender: Identifies as male
Ability: DownloadMeaningful Name
: "Gamma" is named for gamma correction.
Seamstress the Leavanny
Zanna the Dragonite
Ability: Inner Focus
Tropes that apply to Zanna:
Luthia the Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard
Christine the Gardevoir
Tropes that apply to Christine:
Erik the Gallade
Tropes that apply to Erik:
Pierre the Krilia (Ralts -> Krilia)
Tropes that apply to Pierre:
Noah the Politoad
Tropes that apply to Noah:
Wendi the Abomasnow
Ability: Snow warning
Tropes that apply to Wendi:
Zorro the Zoroark
Florea the Budew
Tropes that apply to Florea:
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Florea is a conjunction of the word "flora" and a misspelling of Rhea, the goddess who was known to bring plant-life and abundance to regions she favored.
Avian the Areodactyl
Ability: Rock Head
Dirus the Deino
Tropes that apply to Dirus:
Baleno the Pichu
Tropes that apply to Baleno:
Maxilar the Totodile
Ability: Sheer Force
Tropes that apply to Maxilar:
Rey Veneno the Nidoran♂
Tropes that apply to Rey Veneno:
Hecate the Litwick
Ability: Flame Body
Tropes that apply to Hecate:
Rex grew up in Goldenrod City with his mother, an ex-Gym Trainer by the name of Faith. His father left when he was young, cutting off all communication after a few months. While Rex’s mother was available to care for and love him, he never made any friends his own age. Most other children would go playing with their Pokémon on the routes outside of town, but he had to stay within the city, due to not having any of his own. Instead, when he wasn’t reading in his room, he would hang around the Game Corner, enthralled by the lights and sounds. Eventually, a generous patron gave him some spare coins after their own generous win, allowing him to purchase his own Pokémon as a prize. It was then that he met his Eevee, Rascal.
Rex and Rascal formed an immediate bond, the little boy excited to finally have a friend of his own. Rather than playing with others, they would explore various parts of town and have their own “adventures”. Eventually, as Rex became older, he became aware of the Pokémon battles that other people were partaking in. Deciding to use them as a way to finally get others to notice them, Rex challenged the first person he came across, a girl who had recently moved into the city. Unfortunately, she easily defeated him on three separate occasions. Devastated, Rex decided to give up on battling, returning to his childhood games. But, despite his love for Rascal, he still felt empty inside, the games no longer as amusing as they used to be.
Six months later, Rex became aware that the girl who defeated him was actually the new gym leader of the Goldenrod Gym, Whitney. Feeling a sudden twinge of resolve, Rex was determined to surpass her and all of the other trainers in Goldenrod. At the beginning of the next Johto League Season, Rex set out with Rascal, beginning what would later become an unusual adventure.
On his journey, Rex rescued a poached Zorua and Lapras (both of which were added to his team), became an apprentice researcher under Professor Elm, trained in Dragon's Den, and defeated fourteen of the sixteen Gym Leaders of the Indigo Plateau. He is currently undecided about what profession to pursue, something that is only further hampered by the constant antics of the J-Team.First Appearance:
SpindaList of TMs:
Splash, Fury Cutter, Attract, Shadow Ball, Focus Punch, Iron Tail, Hail, Dragon Pulse, Rock Slider, Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Giga Drain, Poison Jab, Skill Swap, Overheat, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Sunny Day, Hail, Rain Dance, Return, Thunder, Bullet Seed, Psychic, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Explosion, Shadow Claw, Fling, Grass Knot, Flame Charge, Acrobatics, and Dream EaterNote:
The current information on this page is out of date. More current information can be found here
#1: Rascal the Flareon (♂)
"Haha, we're still the five-man band! And I'm The Hero
Met: Game Corner; Goldenrod City, Johto (Eevee)
Ability: Flash Fire (It powers up Fire-type moves if it's hit by one.)
Favorite Technique: Flamethrower, Superpower
#2: Fang the Raticate (♀)
"Watchog? I’m not a hog…even if I do eat a lot!"
Met: Route 34; Johto (Rattata)
Ability: Guts (Boosts Attack if there is a status problem.)
Favorite Technique: Facade
#3: Gaea the Golem (♀)
"We must be close to Violet City; there are more trainers on this route than the one prior."
Met: Union Cave; Johto (Geodude)
Ability: Rock Head (Prevents recoil damage.)
Favorite Technique: Rock Blast
#4: Breezy the Jumpluff (♀)
"I’m being blown away! Help me~"
Met: Route 32; Johto (Hoppip)
Ability: Chlorophyll (Boosts the Pokémon’s Speed in sunshine.)
Favorite Technique: Sleep Powder
#5: Ohm the Ampharos (♀)
"You’re awful, you…you…MEANIE!"
Met: Route 32; Johto (Mareep)
Ability: Static (Contact with the Pokémon may cause paralysis.)
Favorite Technique: Thunderpunch
#6: Krystal the Zoroark (♀)
"Listen to the nice Boldore, kiddies; I’m bad news~"
Met: Route 34; Johto (Zorua)
Ability: Illusion (Disguises itself with illusions.)
Favorite Technique: Night Daze
- Deadpan Snarker
- Embarrassing Nickname: In the past, Krystal tended to make them for Rex's mons due to being from Unova and being unfamiliar with most of their species. It was mainly done to hide her discomfort at being stuck in a foreign region.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Usually invokes this when she's around Ohm, much to the latter's discontent.
- Shout-Out: Her name is a reference to the character from Star Fox.
#7: Anya the Scizor (♀)
"Sparring partner? …Very well; I will indulge you. I hope you were not planning on pulling your punches, though. I intend to offer you no such clemencies."
Met: National Park; Goldenrod City, Johto (Scyther)
Ability: Technician (Powers up the Pokémon's weaker moves.)
Favorite Technique: Bullet Punch
#8: Alfonse the Xatu (♂)
"Are you in awe? Behold the power of movement by sheer thought!"
Met: Ruins of the Alph; Johto (Natu)
Favorite Technique: Psychic
#9: Laplace the Lapras (♂)
"I'd like to look around for other marine Pokémon. There are other Lapras around here, right?"
Met: Union Cave; Johto
Ability: Synchronize (Passes a burn, poison, or paralysis to the foe.)
Favorite Technique: Waterfall
#10: Lian the Mienshao (♀)
"Hey, that's not fair! You can't get the firestorm combo until FIFTEEN consecutive wins in Rock, Paper, Scissors."
Met: Olivine City Pokémon Center; Johto (Mienfoo) [Received in a trade for Farfetch’d]
Ability: Regenerator (Restores a little HP when withdrawn from battle.)
Favorite Technique: Drain Punch, U-turn
#11: Spathi the Salamence (♂)
"I will destroy you all."
Met: Dragon’s Den; Blackthorn City, Johto (Bagon)
Ability: Intimidate (Lowers the foe's Attack stat.)
Favorite Technique: Dragon Claw, Fire Blast
#12: Pandora the Chandelure (♀)
"Disregard hugs. Acquire souls."
Met: Lavender Town; Kanto (Litwick) [Adopted from Mr. Fuji]
Ability: Shadow Tag (Prevents the foe from escaping.)
Favorite Technique: Shadow Ball
#13: Zippy the Raichu (♀)
Met: Viridian Forest; Kanto (Pikachu)
Ability: Lightningrod (Draws in all Electric-type moves to up Sp. Attack.)
Favorite Technique: Thunderbolt, Grass Knot
#14: Mantisk the Grovyle (♂)
Met: Pal Park Forest; Fuchsia City, Kanto
Ability: Unburden (Raises Speed if a held item is used.)
Favorite Technique: Leaf Blade
#15: Claudia the Castform (♀)
"Thank you for tuning in, viewers. Today's forecast is a clear sky with a chance of pain..."
Met: Two Island Pokémon Center; Sevii Islands [Gift from Whitney]
Ability: Forecast (Castform transforms with the weather.)
Favorite Technique: Weather Ball
#16: Naga the Milotic (♀)
Met: Water Path; Six Island, Sevii Islands (Feebas)
Ability: Marvel Scale (Ups Defense if there is a status problem.)
Favorite Technique: Scald
- The Power of Love: Her Attract technique, though she no longer uses it after a battle with Maekrite.
#17: Minty the Leavanny (♂)
Met: Butwal Island; Orange Islands (Sewaddle)
Ability: Chlorophyll (Boosts the Pokémon’s Speed in sunshine.)
#18: Jemma the Skittyδ (♀)
"SILENCE, mya! Be a good human or I'll send you to your room! Obey my cuteness!"
Met: Mandarin Island (South); Orange Islands
Ability: Cute Charm (Contact with the Pokémon may cause infatuation.)
Favorite Technique: Rock Blast, Rock Tomb
- Ascended Extra: "Delta!Skitty" was meant just to be a random Delta who would go back to her life on Mandarin after her encounter with Rex. But chatroom reception was extremely positive, resulting in her joining Rex's team.
- Berserk Button: Doesn't like being hit.
- Cute and Psycho
- Meaningful Name: Italian for precious stone.
- Verbal Tic: "Mya" or occasionally "Nya".
#19: Damian the Heracross (♂)
Met: Shamouti Island; Orange Islands [Captured after his leave from Crewe]
Ability: Guts (Boosts Attack if there is a status problem.)
Favorite Technique: Megahorn, Brick Break
#20: Masque the Alakazam (♂)
Met: Shamouti Island; Orange Islands [Captured after his leave from Crewe]
Ability: Synchronize (Passes a burn, poison, or paralysis to the foe.)
Favorite Technique: Psyshock
#21: Rampage the Mamoswine (♂)
Met: Shamouti Island; Orange Islands [Captured after his leave from Crewe]
Ability: Oblivious (Prevents it from becoming infatuated.)
Favorite Technique: Ice Shard
#22: Sulfur the Gulpin (♂)
Met: Mauville City; Hoenn (Gulpin)
Ability: Liquid Ooze (Damages attackers using any draining move.)
Favorite Technique: Gunk Shot
#23: Tanith the Seviper (♀)
"Sssso young and impetuoussss."
Met: Route 114; Hoenn
Ability: Shed Skin (The Pokémon may heal its own status problems.)
Favorite Technique: Poison Jab
#24: Amia the Woobat (♀)
"So, you want some more, huh? Mess with the bull and you get the SNOUT!"
Met: Route 114; Hoenn (Woobat)
Ability: Unaware (Ignores any stat changes in the Pokémon.)
Favorite Technique: Heart Stamp
A jaded young trainer, who hails from Unova. Robin would have been fine with staying at home, and lazing about; he thought journeying around, battling gym leaders and various trainers was a waste of energy. Seeing his Pokemon unsatisfied with this kind of living, however, was the push needed to convince himself to get up, see the world, and take in the sights. He decided to step forth, with his lifelong companions, and take a long, life changing journey...In Kalos, as he was moving, when he reached that epiphany. His mom is a world-class breeder.
- Butt Monkey: Often the center of misfortune. The icing on the cake is that it is usually his fault.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Flat "What.": Really, both he, and his Pokemon, have a habit of dropping these.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: His closest friend is his first Pokemon; a male Solosis (Now Reuniclus).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a jerk towards anyone he's unfamiliar with, but he warms up, if you're persistent enough.
- Morality Pet: All his Pokemon are this, for him. Robin would have stayed a sheltered, self centered jerk without his Pokemon driving him to push himself, and open up more.
- The Nicknamer: Subverted. Robin is one of the few characters in the RP that didn't nickname his Pokemon.
- Official Couple: With his Volcarona, to none of his teammates' surprise.
- Overprotective Trainer: His constant switching out in battle reflects his unwillingness to watch his 'mons get hurt. His Larvesta, however, definitely got the worst of it; as he cringes at the thought of her taking Flare Blitz recoil. He currently shows signs of growing out of it, though.
- Parental Hypocrisy: He has no qualms with going beyond what he can take. Fittingly, the now evolved Volcarona called him out on this.
Solosis -> Duosion -> Reuniclus
Robin's starter, and closest friend. Given to him when he was six, he's a cheerful Psychic-type, with a wanderlust stronger than any of his teammates. He and Robin share an almost brotherly bond. After the fight with Korrina, he learned how to contact with Robin, telepathically; eventually becoming the team's "service provider", later on.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He might be kind to nearly everyone he meets, but he won't hold back in a fight.
- Foil: To his trainer. Reuniclus is outgoing, kind, and energetic, while Robin is...not.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Robin; the two act more like brothers towards each other, rather than Pokemon and trainer.
- Hive Mind: A weird example. As a Duosion, he had two brains. Both minds were basically the same being, and acted perfectly in-sync with each other. He's been with Robin for years, and the latter only caught on, when he evolved, and his minds were finally united.
- Keet: Definitely the most cheerful out of Robin's team; only matched by Azumarill.
- Lightning Bruiser: When he uses Trick Room.
- Mighty Glacier: He's powerful and bulky, and slow as molasses.
- Power Incontinence: Only once. While he usually has control over his powers, his evolution into a Reuniclus caused a psychic blast that put more than a dent on his trainer.
Timburr -> Gurdurr -> Conkeldurr
The biggest jerk in Robin's team. Acquired from a trade Robin made as a child, Timburr often disobeyed and berated his poor trainer; an issue shared with most traded Pokemon. Over time, he grew to trust and care for the boy, though he still has an issue with obeying orders.
Larvesta -> Volcarona
Hatched from an egg given by Alder, Volcarona is Robin's strongest fighter and lover.
Initially a fragile, little flower, she gradually grows into a sort of mother figure; a soft, grounded voice of the team. Her love for her trainer, is undeniable, and her quiet, reserved nature lies flames with the raw intensity of the sun itself, and a sturdy heart of steel.
A young Pokémon Trainer from Sinnoh who had the misfortune of having a Pokémon use Earthquake in a cave without knowing what would happen, killing her parents in a cave-in and losing her sister for a long time. Sakura was still a very kind person to everyone she met and was always willing to help if needed, it took her four years to find her missing sisters and now she's having a normal life with her sister, travelling around the world with her.
- A Girl and Her Dog: Sakura and her Arcanine, Grant.
- Apologizes a Lot: Has her moments.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: She's the Beauty to Hikari's Brains and Lyuri's Brawn.
- Berserk Button: For someone really sweet, she has a few, namely betraying her trust, insulting her sister, Pokémon abuse and attempting to harm someone with a Pokémon are among it, her bersek moments are more tame than most examples though, usually only verbal outbursts.
- Beware the Nice Ones: See Berserk Button above. She also has a gun on her after almost being killed by Verax.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Her Pokéform is Buneary.
- Break the Cutie:
- Edge did a number on her a short time before his death, she snapped out of it not too long after it, but it did make her start thinking about what she's going to do with her life.
- It gets worse once she's almost killed by Verax and goes into a Heroic BSOD where she starts to question just how useful she is, fortunately the other J-Team members snap her out of it.
- Brutal Honesty: To Herbert after he ends up making a bad situation even worse by being a huge jerk, emphasis on brutal.
- Character Development: Was a meek kid in the past, changed to a sociable teen after the cave-in accident, but one that suffered major guilt problems related to the accident in question, she's increasingly growing out of it as the RP goes by, she also became more determined and bold as time went by.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: After her Break the Cutie moment above, she started to be somewhat like this.
- Distaff Counterpart: One could argue that she's unitentionally one to Eskay, with they having similar stories and even having the same attribute and both being quite kind. Seth lampshades this.
- Dye Hard: Her hair is pink due to Lyuri dyeing it that way.
- Easily Forgiven: Tends to do this towards almost everyone. Except Umbra, though she's able to look past his actions eventually.
- The Empath: As a Heart Of Gold, she can sense other's emotion and even pass her feelings to others with just her words.
- Everyone Can See It: Her And Rawst prior to them becoming an Official Couple.
- Freudian Trio: Forms one with her BFF Hikari and sister Lyuri, she being the Ego to Lyuri's Id and Hikari's Superego.
- Friend to All Living Things: Gets along pretty well with Pokémon.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Can really look like this at times, however, during Orre she starts to show that she's not quite incorruptible.
- Despite her name, she never had a Cherrim, but she did try to get one as a child.
- The most traumatizing moment of her life happened in a cave, so where else would she have her First Kiss with her boyfriend but a cave!
- Killer Rabbit: In a sense, she look and acts in a rather cute way and is a very frail and vulnerable girl, however she has plenty of strong Pokémon that one wouldn't expect her to have and that are more than capable of dishing out pain if provoked.
- Like Brother and Sister: Has said that she feels this way about Seth.
- Little Bit Beastly: Turned into an Arcanine hybrid during April Fools 2013.
- Meaningful Name: She likes cherry blossoms. "Saku" can also mean "Blossom", while "Ra" means "Good", so she's "Blooming Good", fitting with her implied Character Development in her backstory.
- Motor Mouth: Once had a moment like this and only once, she later said that her adoptive family had two of these, so some of it may have rubbed on her.
- Nice Girl: As nice as you possibly can be.
- Nice, Mean and In-between: The Nice to Lyuri's Mean and Hikari's Inbetween
- Ninja: Becomes this halfway into the Kalos arc, under Teishi's training.
- Not So Different: She can act like her sister sometimes, rarely, but she can.
- Official Couple: With Rawst.
- Parental Substitute: Confirmed to think of Grant as this.
- Pink Means Feminine: Played straight initially, but she started to wear different colors as well
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: She delivered one to Herbert.
- Self-Made Orphan: And she's made clear that she's not happy about it.
- Shout-Out: She is a frequent source for Touhou references.
- Shrinking Violet: Was this as a kid, grew out of it once she realized that she was all alone and being like that wouldn't help her in any possible way.
- Signature Mon: Grant, her Arcanine. However Teishi took that role once he joined as he was her main Pokémon for battles.
- Stepford Smiler: Downplayed Type A, she tries to be as pleasant as possible, but she doesn't really hide her past from others and just tries to push the bad feelings away, otherwise she's genuinely a happy person.
- The Heart: Appropriatelly enough, since she's a Heart of Gold.
- Trademark Favorite Drink - Has been seen drinking tea on some occasions and really likes it.
- Tears of Joy: When she finds her sister.
- Took a Level in Badass: Orre, a BIG one at that, further more in Ranger-2 when she becomes Shingeko.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: However, the grim start of the arc got to her, she still is quite nice, but considerably more prone to anger and violence. She goes back to normal during Kalos.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to her sister's Tomboy.
- What the Hell, Hero??:
- Her first Beware the Nice Ones moment was one of these at Des after he attacked an innocent Pokémon.
- She flips out at Herbert when he only breaks Lyuri further after they find out Duke is snagged by Alexiel and even more after he attacks Lyuri once she reveals himself to be Alexia.
- Animal Motifs: Greninja.
- Badass Normal: He lacks any powers useful for fighting, but he still effectively.
- The Cape: He's optimistic, nice, works within the boundaries of law and is quite idealistic, in contrast to the Auric Avenger's The Cowl. Downplayed in the sense that he follows the Cowl tradition of working in the shadows.
- Cool Helmet: A Greninja shaped helmet with a red visor that can switch between heat, night and x-ray vision, as well as having an Aura Jammer and a communicator installed into it.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sakura certainly lets the snark loose when in super-hero mode.
- Expy: Of Spider-Man, in some ways such as the snark and tendency to talk quite a bit.
- Fragile Speedster: He's not particularly strong or tough, but compensates for it with stealth and with his Greninja.
- Irony: He's a ninja and hides in the shadows in order to do his job, but he's also a hero who tries to attract media attention.
- Nice Guy: It's still Sakura under that costume
- Ninja: Comes with the motif.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: His M.O.
- One-Way Visor: His helmet has one.
- Punny Name: It's a mixture of "Shinobi", a term for a male ninja; and Gekkouga, which is Greninja's Japanese name. Being who he is, the former is quite ironic.
- Scarf Of Ass Kicking: To emulate Greninja, Shingeko wears a long pink scarf.
- Signature Mon: Greninja, five of them to be exact.
- Stealth Pun: He's a Pokémon Ranger in more than one way.
- Superhero: His job.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: He has shown that he posseses kunais.
In The AU
The Team In General
- Put On A Box: Everyone that isn't Grant went through this at some point.
- The Bus Came Back: Rai, Duncan (previously unnamed), Phantom, Dusty, Halberd and Lusio all come back in Kalos.
- Undying Loyalty: Grant, Seth and, to a lesser extent, Dylan, are among the ones who clearly would go through anything for Sakura.
Sakura's starter and most loyal Pokémon, Grant was given to her as an egg and has been with her since, he spent most of his time as a Growlithe, but once the cave-in happened he evolved with the help of a Fire Stone Hikari had with her, just to be able to protect Sakura. Grant is also her main form of transport thanks to Extremespeed and also the leader and ace of the team, often taking care of the team and putting them in their place if trouble arises.
Despite being with Sakura by the longest time, Grant isn't very aware of her problems and thus gets surprised whenever Sakura starts acting differently from normal.
His held item is the Legend Bow, given to Sakura by Eskay, which protects him from Water type moves.
- The Ace: So much that he was the one who won all of Sakura's gym battles (except the one against Pryce where Seth took the spotlight) and still has to lose a battle.
- Animal Motif: As a human, his appearance is still very similar to the one of a Arcanine's.
- Berserk Button: Harming Sakura in front of him is a very bad idea and is probably going to end up with someone getting burnt.
- Canine Companion: To Sakura
- Fangs Are Evil: Averted, he still has fangs when in human form, but he's still a nice guy.
- Gentle Giant: Unless you press his buttons, he's a really nice guy.
- Hopeless With Tech: An issue he has since he started wearing one of the armbands, not even being able to use a remote control.
- Humanity Ensues: The first of Sakura's mons to make use of the Pokémon-To-Human armband.
- Lazy Bum: After Sakura got together with Rawst and started to spend more time with her sister, he got so much spare time now that he's enjoying it by becoming this.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's fast, strong and can take a lot of hits and heal, but his strongest moves cause recoil on him or have some other drawback.
- Meaningful Name: Grant comes from "Grand" and he's quite a big fellow, even as a human he's quite tall.
- Never Learned to Read: Justified in that it was never an issue until he turned human.
- Out of Focus: During Kalos
- Parental Substitute: Is this for Conan and later, Sakura.
- Playing with Fire
- Shipper on Deck: Frequently teases Sakura and Rawst while still supporting their relationship the best he can.
- Signature Move: While he's not the only one who can do it, he's pretty found of Flare Blitz and it's probably he used the most by now.
- Signature Mon: Sakura's.
- Team Dad: He's the one who takes care of the team most of the time.
Sakura's second Pokémon, given to her by Hikari, Serenity has been following Sakura around since the day they met and has always been following her orders with pleasure, Serenity is a kind Pokémon that, like Sakura, is always willing to help someone as long as it's possible. She's also shown herself to be a caring person, always looking forward for the other members of the team.
Sakura's first actual catch, she was found by her as she was skidding alone in Lake Verity, Stella took an interest in the girl upon seeing her and her two teammates and tried to approach them, Sakura was a very kind person to her and that pretty much was the only reason Stella wanted to come along, something that Sakura accepted with no problems.
Stella is a bit of a weird girl who is always looking for fun and is always helping fellow teammate Lily in her pranks, but she almost always ends messing them up one way or another, much to the amusements of others who see the failures. She's best friends with Lily and the others, except for Seth who finds her annoying.
The mostly quiet member of the team who isn't fond of battling in the slightest and is also a bit of a loner, according to Sakura he was found wounded by her in the wild and she decided to take it to the Pokémon Center to get some treatment, she did even though Shade looked like he was going to hurt her, since then he's been part of Sakura's team and she is the only human he seems to like, for some reason. He has a bit of a friendship with Stella, but it's mostly because she's the one who interacts with him the most.
The prankster of the group, Lily is always causing trouble through her pranks, together with Stella, however none of those pranks are malicious and she only does them for fun, she doesn't really want to hurt somebody, just cause some amusing embarassment, she does have a story with stealing though. She's best friends with Stella and is in good terms with the rest, with the exception of Seth.
Her held item is the Rocky Helmet.
Dusty is the unlucky member of the team that often causes problems accidentally, how bad it is tends to vary, even still, Sakura knows he doesn't do them on purpose so she doesn't mind it too much, he has some self-esteem issues due to him messing up everything he tries to do.
Seth (Scyther -> Scizor)
Seth is the shiny of the team and also one of the best fighters, he was Sakura's first capture during the RP and was caught in the Bug Catching Contest in the National Park, he was surprisingly easy to capture for her and has been with the team since.
His held item is the Life Orb
- The Ace: Subverted, he's probably right behind Grant as Sakura's main Pokémon in battle, but he also tends to be the one who loses almost all battles he takes part in, the one exception was against Pryce, because by that point he had taken a level in badass. Started to play it a bit straighter since then.
- Ascended Extra - Started as just the first newcomer to Sakura's team, he eventually became probably the second most notable of Sakura's Pokémon.
- Battle Couple: With Regina, however instead of fighting together they tend to fight each other in friendly battles.
- Friendly Rival: As a result.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Bug type
- Blow You Away: As a Scyther
- Brutal Honesty: Is pretty open about what he thinks of others, most noticeably in most scenes where he and Jacob are present that doesn't involve a battle.
- Competitive Balance
- Glass Cannon: Started like this, didn't last long though.
- Mighty Glacier: Once he evolved he had to adapt to his lower mobility, it didn't work that well, but he was still just as capable in battle.
- Jack of All Stats: When he learned Agility, he became this, if a bit weaker since he seems to be preferring to use it over Swords Dance now. It borders on Lightning Bruiser
- Deadpan Snarker: Has his moments.
- Extra Ore Dinary: As a Scizor.
- Good Parents: To Sylva alongside Regina, he can be a little clueless at times and far from being the most fun guy to hang around, but he still takes good care of his adopted daughter.
- Healing Factor: Knows Roost.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Sakura, according to the girl herself, but he himself agreed with her about it.
- Meaningful Name: Averted, he's one of Sakura's mons where this doesn't apply. In a bit of a stretch, Seth means "appointed" in Hebrew and he did get appointed to be Sylva's father.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Averted, he mentions to Bishop that if Sakura ever started doing something bad, he wouldn't follow her blindly and would instead try to reason with her about it.
- Official Couple: With Regina
- Quirky Family: A Scizor and a Gardevoir who have a Phione as an adopted daughter. Yeah, other than that, they're a normal family.
- No Sell: As a Scyther, to Ground, as a Scizor, to Poison.
- Shipper on Deck: A rather mild example, he isn't too vocal about it, but he shipped Sakura and Rawst as well as Hikari and Des, though the latter was pretty much sank since the beggining, he doesn't like to admit this though, but the other are already aware of it.
- Spot of Tea: Had a few moments like these with Sakura early on, seems to be done less frequently now.
- The Stoic: Downplayed as while he isn't one to show much emotion, he's still more emotive than most examples.
- Took a Level in Badass: Once he remembered about Agility he suddenly became a much bigger threat for his opponents.
Dylan (Egg -> Tirtouga -> Carracosta)
Dylan was given by Sakura as an egg by Hikari, he's a pretty energetic kid who is always trying to have fun with others and would do anything for Sakura while still trying to have fun with it, he has a tendency of causing property damage unitentionally.
His held item is the Quick Claw
Rai (Electricke -> Manectric)
An Electricke caught in the Safari Zone by Sakura while she was looking for something to help against Chuck for her gym challenge. He comes back during the Kalos arc as part of Sakura's team.
Meteo (Metang -> Metagross)
Meteo was caught by Sakura to help against Chuck, he has a bit of a problem with speaking, sometimes raising his voice a bit too much when speaking
Phantom (Golett -> Golurk)
A Golett given to Sakura by Hikari as a birthday gift, he doesn't speak and acts more like Sakura's assistant, helping her with mundane things. He eventually became part of her team in Kalos, becoming more of a fighter.
- Actual Pacifist: Doesn't seem to like battling. Subverted in that in Kalos where he's part of Sakura's team and he's fine with it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground type.
- Gentle Giant: After he evolved. Most noticeably in his friendship with Aline.
- Humongous Mecha: Sakura doesn't want to evolve him because he would be too huge otherwise, he eventually evolved anyway as he was part of her Kalos team
- Never Learned to Read: Until he met Aline.
- The Stoic: Doesn't emote due to lacking facial expressions and he can't even speak.
- Shout-Out: His nickname to Endless Frontier, being named after one of the main mechas from the game.
- Soul Power: Ghost type.
- Supreme Chef: Can cook very well.
- The Voiceless: Doesn't talk at all, he only communicates by gestures and even then not very frequently. In the Kalos arc it's revealed that he knows sign language.
Duncan (Timburr -> Gurdurr)
Given to Sakura by Umbra on Christmas, Sakura was already having to take care of Dylan and as such, she didn't have much time to take care of him. He's part of her team in the Kalos arc
Daisuke (Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gallade)
A Ralts that followed Sakura out of Agrabah
and asked to join her team so that he could become stronger and be able to help those with problems, he's a fortune teller and as such he always carries a crystal ball around, he started as a rather emotionless mon himself, but upon evolving he became more emotive.
A Heracross that Sakura met on the National Park, he alongside his "brother", Atlas, came from the Dream World and lived in the Park until Sakura and Lyuri appeared with a jar of honey, Sakura caught Hercules while Lyuri caught Atlas.
Lusio (Zorua - Zoroark)
A Zorua that Sakura got in her birthday from Hikari, he likes pranking others with his illusion ability. Part of Sakura's team in the Kalos arc.
Teishi (Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja)
Sakura's first new team member in Kalos. He has been living for months since his father suddenly left him, he aspires to be a master ninja and has even created his own clan of sorts, the GreNinja Squad
- Barrier Change Boss: Has the Protean ability that allows him to change types to whatever move he has used.
- Big Little Brother: Sylva's, once he evolved.
- Casting a Shadow: Dark type.
- Cheerful Child: He's always quite upbeat. Or at least when not dealing with Herbert.
- Determinator: He'll do everything he can to not disappoint Sakura and his friends, even if it means tanking a Close Combat from a Mega Lucario.
- Disappeared Dad: His dad simply disappeared for a long time without any prior warning. He eventually comes back. His REAL father however is still gone.
- Extra Ore Dinary: His Hidden Power is Steel typed, making him the only member of the Squad that can turn into the Steel type.
- Glass Cannon: He's quite strong, but can't take many hits, something that's somewhat countered by the fact that he just doesn't give up. See Determinator above.
- Happily Adopted: Somewhat, Sylva and Regina pretty much adopted him into their family, but he thinks of it as more playing pretend than really being part of the family, he still enjoys it though. Played straight with Sensei, who was revealed to have adopted him when he was still an egg.
- The Leader: Of the GreNinja Squad.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- Meaningful Name: It means "apprentice" in Japanese.
- Missing Mom: He seemingly never had a mother, as the concept was alien to him until it was explained to him. His technically adoptive mother turns out to be dead and his real mother is still missing.
- Ninja: What he aspires to be.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Ryu's Blue.
- Scarf of Asskicking: As a Greninja he uses his own tongue as this, in human form he just has a pink scarf instead.
Sam was a normal guy who grew up in Kanto and took the Pokemon challenge at 15. After failing to beat Sabrina for the fith time, he realised he had more fun raising and taking care of pokemon than he ever did battling. So he retired from battling and became a breeder, offering help to whoever needed it and is still traveling to this day. To this day Sam maintains a light hearted attitude, looking for interesting pokemon to raise, and his next big adventure. He's loyal to his friends, and very protective of those closest to him.
- All Men Are Perverts - Acted like this during April Fools Day 2013. May have been do to the face that he thought he could get away with it since he was an Aipom.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Has walked out on people when bored, and notices pokemon before people
- Berserk Button: Don't let Sam catch you abusing your pokemon, or he'll beat the snot out of you.
- Beware the Nice Ones: See above
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Might act like a goof, but he knows alot about Pokemon breeding.
- ConLang: He can speak monese and Wing Dings.
- The Empath: Wears his heart on his sleeve, allowing other people to know just how he feels, and is able to pick up on others emotions as well.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: During April Fools Day 2013, he became an Aipom
- His official poke-form is in fact an Aipom
- Good Is Not Soft: See Breserk Button above.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He's a pokemon breeder, lighting technician, amature psychiatrist, blogger and stunt cussion
- Man Child
- Motor Mouth: When going on about pokemon due to his ocupation as a breeder.
- Nice Guy: Very friendly to everyone, and willing to help out in a pinch.
- Red Oni: To Grace's blue, even though a good portion of his outfit is blue.
- Shout-Out: While in Virbank City, Sam went to Pokestars Studios and got a roll as a victim in a zombie movie. The title? 'The horror of Snakewood Cove.'
- Troll - Adores messing with Herbert, even kissed him in front of a bunch of fangirls for the lulz.
The Team in General:
Grace is Sam's oldest pokemon, having been with him since he got her in a trade in Kanto. She is very sweet, but plays the straight woman for Sams goofy and carefree nature. She also helps him with his work as a breeder, being able to act as an interpreter for Sam. When Sam has more pokemon, she's generally the team mom and makes sure everyone's taken care of.
Leviathan (Shiny Magikarp->Gyarados)
Sam's first in game catch, who litteraly dove into a pond to get him. Revealed during April Fools Day 2013 that he was bent on retribution against those who scoff at Magikarp
- Expy: She's Rarity
- The Fashionista: Has complimented people on their hair and tried to fix Eneru's dirty coat.
- Neat Freak: Got herself captured by trying to fix Enerus mussed up coat.
- The Big Guy
- Gentle Giant: Semi-inverted. He doesn't like senseless violence, but is totally fine with sparing in pokemon battles.
- Playing with Fire
- Warrior Monk: Had shades of this in his first apearence but the author toned it down not wanting to offend anyone. He's supposed to be a Buddhist monk that can breath fire.
- Noodle Incident: Said he's "Seen weirder" when Sam points out he's pretty calm about hearing a human speak pokemon.
A high-ranking researcher of The Pokédex - Extended Fanon Edition
who joins Tangent's run-in with the other PEFE researchers, helping organize some contributions. At age 23, he is a bit older than the other researchers and has put that time to good use, such as living in a Nidoran colony near Goldenrod city for a long time. "Cameos" on occasion.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Nidoran Starter, Nidoran colony that welcomed him as one of their own, and since the Pokéverse has a Universal Poison...
- Heroic BSOD: Silent suffers one upon Maekrite's Snagging and Shadowfication
- Not Quite Back to Normal: Can now understand Monese thanks to having used the armband.
- Promoted Fanboy: Nidorans! — If in the original RP timeline he is an experienced Nidoran researcher, in the AU he has dedicated his PEFE studies wholly to this species. Going as far as to give them military training in Goldenrod.
- Weak, but Skilled: Trained his Pokémon to be this to counter everyone else being so insanely strong.
- Running Gag: Silent's Pokémon telling him "You suck at this!".
- Also, the smaller mons fighting for the position of head pet.
"This will allow me to take care of my Trainer […] Thanks, u Frithrah (Ho-Oh). […] for us Nidorans you mean so much."
Leader of the team, age 4note
, and the son of Silent's Starter Inka, Silent has known Maekrite from the day he was born. He wouldn't become Silent's Pokémon proper until some time after the official formation of PEFE, when Silent is called back to the road and Maekrite is selected by his colony to become Silent's new Pokémon
While loyal and careful, his belligerent tendencies and eagerness to see challenge where there's none get the best of him. He is also adamant and fairly judgmental of others, at some point even dismissing a potential teammate before she was even born
; he does this more because of self-confidence than out of pride or malice.
Maekrite is tasked to protect Silent as the Colony consider him an important element to their welfare. As such he is an excellent endurer and knows to attract attention to himself in combat or when he thinks his Trainer is at risk. In the alternate timeline, this was stressed further as, before that timeline's Maekrite is assigned to protect Silent (this time by Divine Mandate
), the Nidoran Assassins-like
order there set up military forces and spies to further accompany Silent while in the forests and the city.
"Wheeeeeeee~! I'm flying!"
A pretty childish Pokémon who goes around looking the world as if it was the happiest place on Pokéarth (duh). Dedicated to play pranks around the PEFE laboratories, now tags with Silent to talk at length of how fun
creatures like Hydreigon and Tyranitar are. He's known to have had an imaginary Trapinch friend.
Dintel was captured at the Hoenn Desert near the Mirage Tower, and has become good friends with Vlad and Gene, with whom also shared more than one childhood Noodle Incident
. He never met Silent in the alternate timeline, where he unknowingly raised an army to oppose Lelouch's invasion of Hoenn instead.
"<♥!>" (via pattern flashing)
Algira is the most moderate addition to the team, part of a swarm at the Fossil Research Center. She has a somewhat idealistic behaviour and tends to try and use her attributes to look for support from others. That doesn't mean she isn't also very protective of her team.
Following some not-yet undisclosed incidents, Algira has been promoted to lead Silent's team in the Orange Islands arc, but is returned to her normal status by Hoenn.
"Bad trainer! Doesn't give his Pokémon time to prepare!" (as he finds out Silent wants to leave him out from the battle against Celebi and Dialga)
One of Silent's old adventure companions back in the PEFE backstory days, and one of the Pokémon in his first run through Johto during his childhood. Was released after that to live a calm life at Goldenrod City. Remained active in the alternate timeline and eventually took part of the final battle against Primal Dialga and Celebi, where he attacked Celebi with a powerful soundwave.
"...zzZzz... ...Teammate... ...Family...
A recent addition to Silent's team, fathered by Roc; she got lucky as not even a month after she hatched she was able to meet a Legendary. As of Hoenn, is under the tutelage of Copahue and Harriet.
Due to some incidents back as DS's villa, Shahinne considers Every's Swablu, "Salamence", as her aunt, and officially calls her as such.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Shahinne. Also doubles as a complementing parent figure.
- Insecure Love Interest: To Harriet. Not having a good movepool, spending a couple of years as a HM slave and arriving to a team where everyone else already has other assigned roles does that to you. Shahinne fixes him, her way.
- Badass Bookworm: When she's not fighting, Sol spends most of her time reading books.
Harriet was one of the Murkrow in Crowley's gang, and spent most of the time following him with them just off camera. After evolving into a Honchkrow to help fend off a rival flock, she decided that being in a gang just wasn't her thing and joined Luke's team. She adjusted rather well and became a recurrent member of the team after the timeline divergence, getting along with Treeo specially. After arriving to Meteor Falls however, Shahinne takes an interest in her as an adoptive motherly figure, prompting Harriet to admit her feelings for Copahue as well.
With Shahinne needing family figures to raise her properly, Copahue and Harriet decide to move together, so Harriet is transferred to Silent's team.
- Glass Cannon: Much like Crowley, she's powerful but can't take a hit to save her life.
One of Silent's Pokémon in his first run as a Trainer. In the AU, he is called back into service when Silent runs into danger during the Goldenrod Invasion.
kinda have a confession to make..."
Silent's Starter, technically released. Little is known of her except that she is a member of the Goldenrod colony's breeding cabal and an outright Royal (evolution) in the AU. She is Maekrite's mother.
A Pokémon living happily at the Goldenrod Colony and breeding about five kits a year with Inka. However, in the alternate timeline, he is a Nidoking and comes to Silent's team at a particularly hard spot in order to stay with Inka. He is Maekrite's father.
- Combination Attack: Together with Inka, they perform awesomely for an Elemental Beam Spam Limit Break. They first try it on Goldenrod (off-screen), then against Matchsticks, killing him on the spot, and then against Primal Dialga, this time with far less effect.
- Limit Break: Ever wondered where Maekrite got those nifty beam-spam techniques? Breeding, of course.
- The Unreveal: After being only identified as (Maekrite's) “Dad” in his first appearances, Inka reveals during a conversation that his name is actually _____.
- Bit Character - mentioned once in the original timeline and appearing in two scenes in the AU.
- Bit Character - already retired, is shown in only one scene during the Orange Islands arc.
year old trainer from New Bark town in Johto, Slouch received his first Pokémon (A Totodile) at 10note
and started an adventure at 11note
Eventually, he managed to get all the badges from Kanto and Johto (As well as Hoenn, later on) but compared to a whole lot of other people on the team his adventure wasn't really that interesting. There weren't even any evil teams to take down or anything like that.
After finishing up with Hoenn, he went back to Johto to settle down for a couple months, before going on a flight to Sinnoh.
He didn't get far, though, before something weird happened (No-one knows what) and he became an NPC for some indeterminate amount of time. He did the usual NPC thing: Standing in place, repeating the same thing, not aging somehow, all that jazz. Needless to say, it got old fast. Fortunately, he returned to normal when the rest of the group came by. Pretty good timing, I might add. Was it fate? Was it simply dumb luck? More importantly, who cares?
During his travels, he has turned into an Ursaring, gotten stuck to the ceiling, turned into a blobfish, been revealed to have a Mind of Crystal, gotten to the quarter finals in the Gold Conference, and a whole bunch of other stupid stuff like that.
-Went to Unova instead of Sinnoh in the Lost Memories arc and stayed as an NPC, but besides that nothing much else changed
- And I Must Scream: He was an NPC for several years, trapped in the same place and repeating the same thing over and over.
- Author Avatar: Averted. Unlike some other characters, he has next to nothing in common with his author.
- Bad Liar
- Fail O'Suckyname
"My name's Slouch. Yeah, my parents were kind of dicks."
- Gravity Screw: His gravity was reversed while inside the Glitch Building, leaving him stuck to the ceiling.
- I'm Your Biggest Fan: Said during the Gold Conference by his only fan (Compare that to the other group members, who got hordes of rabid screaming fangirls/boys).
- Large Ham: Not usually, but as an Ursaring...
Slouch: MORE POWER! I NEED MORE POWER!
- Let's Get Dangerous: He's a slacker and a goof-off, but can kick a surprising amount of arse when he needs to.
- Meaningful Name / Punny Name: For some reason, he likes nicknaming his Pokémon this way.
- Self-Deprecation: All the time.
"So I am a Mind of Crystal. Well, I always knew my head was full of rocks."
- The Load: Except when he isn't. His author jokingly called him this once, and it stuck. Figures.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bacon. No, he's not a goon.
Riptide (♂ Feraligatr)
Riptide was Slouch's first Pokémon, as well as his closest friend. He enjoys battling, but is a bit of a sore loser.
Described by Cynthia's Garchomp as being uncouth, brash, and utterly illiterate of combat etiquette, but having drive and being willing to do anything for his trainer's sake. Pretty accurate, actually, even according to Riptide himself.
Has a bit of a crush on Vesuvius.
's favorite target, and hates his guts for it. Doesn't often call him by his actual name, instead using things like "That lousy good-for-nothin' slippery smug sunnuva..." or "That friggin' overpowered jukebox" or "That pisshead"
-Seems to be kind of jealous of Lake
-Stayed with Slouch in Mistralton city during the AU arc
Vesuvius (♀ Typhlosion)
The second Pokémon to join Slouch's team, received as an egg from his uncle
. Along with Egbert, she seems to be the most level-headed on the team. She doesn't talk much, though.
Out of all the Pokémon of the team, she is closest to Riptide (What with having known him the longest) and is good friends with him despite their very different personalities. She isn't yet aware of his feelings towards her, though.
-Joined the resistance in the AU arc. Though she wanted to stay with Slouch, Riptide & Egbert, she thought joining the resistance was the right thing to do
-Is often called "Vess" for short
Egbert (♂ Exeggutor)
-Is Slouch's translator in the AU arc
Wally (♂ Forretress)
Not much is known about Wallynote
, besides the fact that he probably likes to keep to himself (Otherwise we would know more about him, wouldn't we? HAH!), ends almost everything he says with ellipses, and says the words 'like' and 'man' a lot. One thing's for certain, though: He has one of the most Awesome, Funny, Heartwarming and Strangely Capitalised backstories in all of fiction.
-Joined the resistance in the AU arc
Numbskull (♂ Marowak)
A bit of an oddball with a bit of a speaking problem. As in, he can only say one word (Bone). Numbskull was moved to the Johto safari zone from a clan of similarly speech-impaired Cubone and Marowak in Kanto.
Like many Marowak, Numbskull gets very mad if you take his bone. Un
like many Marowak, he also quite enjoys dancing, whether it be the hustle, a jig, or a simple happy dance. As Slouch put it, "For what he lacks in vocabulary, he more than makes up for in funk."
-Can seemingly understand Ludwig (A Golduck who can only say 'Quack') and, if the chatroom shenanigans are to be believed, Bob (A Wobbuffet who can only say 'Wobbufett')-Joined the resistance in the AU arc
- Bad with the Bone
- Berserk Button: Taking his bone off of him, apparently.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He also has his moments.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Thanks to Stone Edge and Rock Slide.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Numbskull was powerful enough to almost completely destroy Elesa's gym by accident. He's just over three feet tall.
- Also, as fans of the games may tell you, Marowak has potential to be one of the strongest Pokémon of all in terms of physical attack, surpassing even Attack Form Deoxys.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: Except on one occasion, when Cynthia's Lucario sent it flying out of the arena with a Psychic.
Numbskull was not happy.
- Verbal Tic: 'Bone'. Not really a verbal tic, but as there is no trope for One Word Vocabularies (Yet) this one will have to do.
Marina (♀ Dragonite)
Over the years, Marina's gone from being kind of nice to being a big jerk and then to somewhat less of a jerk. She has a pretty short temper (Most of the time) and tends to flip out when something happens to her in a battle that she considers 'rude' or 'unfair'.
-Joined the resistance in the AU arc
Nick (♂ Delibird)
A complete nutcase of a Delibird. Known for shouting a lot, being a real pain in the arse and pulling crap like stockings and coal from his tail sack instead of food.
Bernard (♂ Teddiursa)
The most recent addition to Slouch's team. A sleepy, carefree kinda guy.
Ava (♀ ★ Beedrill)
Astrid (♀ Tynamo)
"I'll be okay. I always come back, don't I?"
A 18 year old Pokémon trainer from Saffron City. He was a former Ranger, but left due to an incident in Oblivia. Has been to all of the regions except for the Orange Islands and Sevii Islands. He has earned the badges in Kanto, Johto, Unova, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. He was friends with many of the wild Pokémon that lived in Saffron city as a child, preferring to play with them than people sometimes. He was believed to be dead after a shipwreck in the Whirl Islands. This was later debunked.
Aurora the Espeon
Aurora is the first Pokémon Straw had, having befriended her and Crescent as Eevees when he was little. She is Straw's most trustworthy Pokémon. Though not as powerful as Hax, Krakatau, or Venusaur, she has proven herself to be quite capable.
Crescent the Umbreon
Also one of Straw's first Pokémon, Crescent is the other Eevee Straw befriended as a child. He was used more often when Straw was a Pokémon Ranger, but now mostly just hangs around with Straws other Pokémon, usually Naida and Aurora.
Scar the Shelgon
Scar is Europa's son. Scar was originally supposed to be a gift for an old friend of Straw's, but he never came back to pick him up. Scar was then raised by Straw.
Hex the Chandelure
Hex is a Chandelure that is a was a bit of a prankster, until she started causing disabilities for people, such as Zero's muteness. She has vowed to never do pranks again.
Zero the Zoroark
"I can be a tree if I want to, and no one's going to stop me from doing it."
A Zorua who got attached to him as he rescued him from poachers. He accompanied him on his ranger missions, eventually joining his team when he became a trainer. He has a strange obsession with trees, even wanting to be one at some point
- The Voiceless: Hex's spell gone wrong turned him mute. Until Straw restores his voice using a device obtained offscreen. He has developed a more playful personality. As he matureed into a Zoroark, he began to see what everything is not all fun and games.
- Dark Is Not Evil:He's not evil, but rather playful.
- Disappeared Dad:His parents have not been found, nor know by Straw due to being a poached mon.
- Missing Mom:See Disappeared Dad.
- Tagalong Kid: Started out as one to Straw, later becoming a full member of his team.
- Trickster Archetype: Likes to trick people with his illusion ability.
Caliburn the Skarmory
Caliburn is a skarmory Straw met on Route 113 when he went to Hoenn. He is very smart, know by the Fallarbor Skarmorys as a brainy bird. He is vastly outclassed by Helryx though. Eventually, Caliburn ends up falling for Skye, Eskay's Skarmory.
Naida the Milotic
"Finally, a worthy opponent."
The very first Pokémon Straw caught when he became a Trainer. Is very close friends with Aurora and Crescent. She doesn't like to fight weak mons, because she feels they aren't enough of a challenge for her.
Hax the Haxorus
Hax is a Haxorus Straw met in Unova in Mistralton Cave. He has since grown into a powerful fighter. Valkon is know to be very annoying to him, due to the latter's varying intelligence.
Krakatau the Typhlosion
Krakatau was one of Straw's first captures when he went to Johto. He cares for a lot of the younger mons on Straw's team, almost like their father. He has an nemesis in a pack of Mightyena he met in Hoenn. He is somewhat of a father figure to Ignis.
Europa the Salamence
The mother of Scar. Europa was caught when Straw went to Hoenn. She was mostly used as a flying Pokémon while Straw was in Fiore and Almia.
"What are you looking at so weirdly? There's nothing to see here."
Daffodil was first caught as a Bulbasaur in Celadon city. Though he is a Venusaur, he still has a child-like mindset. Just because he is child-like does not mean he isn't a good fighter. However, because of his child-like mind, he is very curious and can easily be tricked.
Bonecrusher the Aggron
Luna the Lumineon
Talon the Archeops
".. / .- — / - .... . / .-.. —- .-. -.. / —- ..-. / .-.. .- -. —. ..- .- —. . ? / —- .-. / .- - / .-.. . .- ... - / .- -.-. -.-. —- .-. -.. .. -. —. / - —- / ...- .- .-.. -.- —- -. .-.-.-"note
Talon is one of Hex's other victims, although he is one of the few that have benefited from it, as he can now speak many different languages, including Monese, English, and Morse code. He occasionally breaks the Fourth Wall.
Vriska the Galvantula
A Joltik that Straw caught on his Unova journey. She is close friends with Valkon, who was caught after her. As with her namesake, she can be a Troll
Valkon the Elektross
"How can I be of assistance Lady Vriska?"
A Elektross caught in Chargestone cave with Vriska. He follows a code of chivalry that he has made. He tends to call peoplemon "Lord ___" or "Lady ___".
Kelvin the Cryogonal
"P-Please don't hurt me..."
Kelvin is a Cryogonal that Straw befriended while lost in a cave on Navel Island. He was previously abandoned inside the cave by his previous trainer. Kelvin is very Timid, likely due to the nature of the cave's Pokémon.
Magellan the Flygon
A Flygon who has traveled to many different lands. He is a Delta Pokémon from Holon. Magellan was caught by a Silph worker who gave him to Straw's parents, who gave him to Straw. He has since been released so he can be with his mate, Chloro, and have a family.
Ignis the Pansear
Ignis is a Pansear that Straw received from Fool for Christmas. He often falls asleep, which has almost gotten him eaten by a Mightyena. He tends to be either asleep, or awake and full of energy. This leads to Straw and the others into having to track him down.
Envy the Shedinja
Envy was a Nincada that Straw received as a gift when he was seven. She, along with Aurora and Crescent, became Straw's Ranger partners. While investigating a poaching camp in Oblivia, Straw was attacked by a territorial Tyranitar. Envy leaped in front of Straw as the Tyranitar went for a killing blow on Straw. Envy ultimately dies of her injuries. However, Envy enters a Spirit Games Competition and wins, being reborn as a Shedinja.
Helryx the Starmie
Helryx is a Starmie Straw met while visiting an old hideaway of hi in Johto. She likes to observe things in order to learn about them. These findings are often written down in her notebook.
- Making a Splash:Water type.
- Psychic Powers:How she attacks, and writes in her notebook.
Iron Maiden the Cofagrigus
Iron Maiden, or Mai for short, is a Cofagrigus Straw found frozen in the Ice Path. She's really from 100 years in the past. Her former trainer, Sara Aspear, was found dead in the cave. After giving her former trainer a proper burial, Mai joins Straw's team. Due to being from the past, she doesn't quite get many things of the present.
Silence the Ninjask
A Ninjask Straw caught during the Bug Catching Contest. Little is known about him, since he never speaks. At all.
Misery the Absol
Misery is an Absol that Straw found loose in Opelucid City during the Dream World crisis. She suffers from a bit of a persecution complex as a result of her species. After Straw captures her, this lessens some. She is very protective of Straw, fighting off a possessed Beheeyem to keep him safe at one point.
Spyder the Porygon
A playful Porygon that Straw received as a gift from Nicole for Christmas. He enjoys flashing about, much to the amusement of younger Pokemon. Flashing is his preferred method of communication, but will speak if necessary.
Palutena the Sylveon
Palutena is the daughter of Aurora and Borealis, Rawst's Glaceon. As a child, she proved to be a cute, yet mischievous Eevee. This behavior only gets worse when she evolves into a Sylveon.
Catherine the Braixen
Straw's first Kalos Pokemon. She has a major crush on Straw, and is willing to do whatever it takes to break up him and Crewe. She constantly is flirting with Straw, much to his chagrin.
Satan the Vivillon
Despite his name, Satan is by no means evil. He is a dignified, honorable Vivillon, and has a certain fancy tone in his voice. Because of this, he does not like to engage in senseless fighting, only partaking in it when a battle arises.
Lucy the Espurr
Lucy is an Espurr with a bad control on her Psychic powers. When Straw first meets her, she accidentally blasts him with an attack. Despite this awkward first impression, Straw has been able to help her control her powers better. However, Lucy is still somewhat timid, a linger result of bullying by other Espurr and Meowstic in the wild.
Zangetsu the Honedge
Zangetsu is a unique Honedge in that he is the cursed form of the swordsman from the Sinnoh myths. While he is a Pokemon, albeit with an ironic Pokemon form, he cannot become human, a punishment for his crimes by Arceus. He still retains some of his apathy for Pokemon, but did not retain any sword skill, likely due to being a sword now.
Hades the Skrelp
Hades is a Skrelp Straw caught while fishing around Ambrette Town. He is very sarcastic, and usually looks to the negative side of things. All of this is done with a smirk on his face.
- Genre Savvy: Mangages to mostly see through Kusaru's attempts to corrupt him with power.
- In the Hood: Super Nerd's hoodie is also a computer, with the screen being on the inside of the hood, with him being able to see with a camera. On the outside though, it looks as if half his face is covered with the hood, blocking vision.
- Speech Impediment: While not a c-complete impediment, Super Nerd has q-quite the stutter when he's n-nervous...which is almost always.
↪...A to M
↪...T to Z
↩Back to the Characters Page
↩Back to the Main Page