Creator: J. K. Simmons
Describe J.K. Simmons he-
WHAT IS THIS, EHARMONY? I DON'T NEED A DESCRIPTION, I NEED PHOTOS! HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN GIVE ME A DESCRIPTION OF: SPIDER-MAN! IN PHOTO FORM! OUT!Jonathan Kimble "J. K." Simmons is an American actor and voice actor. Though active since 1986, he has become memetic since 2001 for certain acting roles, especially as J. Jonah Jameson across Spider-Man media, as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 and as the sadistic music teacher Terence Fletcher in his Academy Award-winning role in Whiplash. A king of Hey, It's That Guy!.
Roles performed by J. K. Simmons
- The First Wives Club - Federal Marshal
- Extreme Measures - Dr. Mingus
- The Jackal - Witherspoon
- The Cider House Rules - Ray Kendall
- The Mexican - Ted Slocum
- Law & Order (and spinoffs) - Dr. Emil Skodanote , Col. Alexander Rausch
- The Spider-Man Trilogy film series — J. Jonah Jamesonnote He was pretty much born for this role.
- Oz - Vern Schillinger
- Hidalgo - Buffalo Bill Cody
- The Ladykillers (2004) - Garth Pancake
- The Closer - Assistant Chief Will Pope
- Thank You For Smoking - BR
- Postal - Candidate Welles
- Juno - Mac MacGuff
- Burn After Reading - CIA Superior
- I Love You Man - Oswald Klaven
- Extract - Brian
- Up in the Air - Bob
- Jennifer's Body - Mr. Wroblewski
- True Grit - Lawyer Daggett
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - President Ackerman
- Farmers Insurance advertisements - Professor Nathaniel Burke, University of Farmers
- Growing Up Fisher - Mel Fisher
- Whiplash - Terence Fletcher
- Barefoot - Dr. Bertleman
- Justice League - General Wade Eiling
- Kim Possible - Martin Smarty
- The Legend of Korra - Tenzin
- M&M's advertisements - Yellow
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - Poseidon
- Megamind - Warden
- Portal 2 - Cave Johnson
- Ultimate Spider-Man - J. Jonah Jameson
- Generator Rex - White Knight
- Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes - J. Jonah Jameson
Tropes describing J. K. Simmons' roles
- Badass Mustache
- Bald of Awesome
- Bald of Evil: Specially in Whiplash. Oh, God yes!
- Bumbling Dad
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Ink-Suit Actor: To the point that many Spider-Man fans are not sure if he is JK Simmons, or if he is, in fact, J. Jonah Jameson.
- Large Ham
- Mean Character Nice Actor: He's considerably nicer than the characters he plays on screen.
- Money, Dear Boy: Being a Hey, It's That Guy! means that his main motivation is money. that doesn't mean he won't give it his all regardless.
- No Indoor Voice: Frequently
- Playing Against Type: As Tenzin. Except when Tenzin loses his temper, which happens more often than Tenzin would probably care to admit.
- Rule Of Sean Connery
- Tough Act to Follow: This is widely suspected to be the reason that J. Jonah Jameson is The Ghost in The Amazing Spider-Man Series, with its creators knowing no one could ever live up to his portrayal of the character. There are even rumors that he might be playing the role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe take on the character.
- Type Casting: Quite a few of his roles are forceful, sometimes charismatic men in positions of authority who are insane to varying degrees.