Describe J.K. Simmons he- WHAT IS THIS, EHARMONY? I DON'T NEED A DESCRIPTION, I NEED PHOTOS! HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN GIVE ME A DESCRIPTION OF: SPIDER-MAN! IN PHOTO FORM! OUT!
Jonathan Kimble "J. K." Simmons is an American actor and voice actor. Though active since 1986, he has become memetic since 2001 for certain acting roles, especially as J. Jonah Jameson across Spider-Man
media, as Cave Johnson in Portal 2
and as the sadistic music teacher Terence Fletcher in his Academy Award role in Whiplash
. A king of Hey, It's That Guy!
Roles performed by J. K. Simmons
Tropes describing J. K. Simmons' roles
- Badass Mustache
- Bald of Awesome
- Bald of Evil: Specially in Whiplash. Oh, God yes!
- Bumbling Dad
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Ink-Suit Actor: To the point that many Spider-Man fans are not sure if he is JK Simmons, or if he is, in fact, J. Jonah Jameson.
- Large Ham
- Mean Character Nice Actor: He's considerably nicer than the characters he plays on screen.
- Money, Dear Boy: Being a Hey, It's That Guy! means that his main motivation is money. that doesn't mean he won't give it his all regardless.
- A prime example following up his role in Whiplash with the unremarkable rom-com Barefoot.
- No Indoor Voice: Frequently
- Playing Against Type: As Tenzin. Except when Tenzin loses his temper, which happens more often than Tenzin would probably care to admit.
- Also as Skoda, a Deadpan Snarker police psychoanalyst. He has said that playing Skoda and Vern Schillinger at the same time ended up giving him greater insight into both characters.
- Also as Yellow who really doesn't evoke the authority figure type he's known for.
- Rule Of Sean Connery
- Tough Act to Follow: This is widely suspected to be the reason that J. Jonah Jameson is The Ghost in The Amazing Spider-Man Series, with its creators knowing no one could ever live up to his portrayal of the character. There are even rumors that he might be playing the role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe take on the character.
- Type Casting: Quite a few of his roles are forceful, sometimes charismatic men in positions of authority who are insane to varying degrees.