The other white meat.
I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig
A somewhat common staple in criminal and horror fiction. In a terrifying twist on the Gluttonous Pig
trope, serial killers or mobsters use a secret pig farm to dispose of their victims' bodies.
It's most likely Truth in Television
. Pigs are omnivores rather than vegetarians, meaning that they do indeed eat meat if they are able to come by it. No matter how special and worthy of respect we consider the corpses of us humans, it's the same as any other carcass to a pig, meaning that they will
chow down on it.
A pig's body is also quite up to the task of digesting almost every part of the human body. They can not only chew and digest human flesh, they can also readily digest human bone without excreting a noticeable trace of it. Of course, they can't quite chew the skulls and longer bones that humans have, but if our killer has enough determination, they can just break said bones into smaller, more chewable pieces. They also can't digest human hair and teeth, but it should be a simple matter to shave your victims' heads and pull out their teeth before chow time, right?
Not only is this trope plausible, it's also downright horrific due to the fact that it not only involves an invocation of humanity's Primal Fear
of being eaten, there's also the chilling factor of role reversal added to this. Outside the pigpen, you eat pig (if you aren't a vegetarian, Muslim, or Jew that is). Inside our killer's pigpen, however, pigs eat you
. Also, there's the possibility that someone will eat the pigs that have been eating humans, which isn't the same as I'm a Humanitarian
, but still squicky in it's own way. Also, this trope can applied when some Fat Bastard
gets eaten by pigs, in some kind of Poetic Justice
Subtrope of Disposing of a Body
and Eat the Evidence
. It's also a Darker and Edgier
subtrope of Gluttonous Pig
For bonus irony, human flesh is sometimes called "Long Pork" due to its alleged similarity
to pig meat. So be doubly careful if someone offers to serve you Long Pork Pies
This is a Death Trope; spoilers ahoy.
- In Mark Millar's Wolverine run, the Gorgon and the Hand lured Wolverine into their territory by kidnapping the son of one of his old acquaintances. After things come to blows and the Gorgon gains the upper hand, he reveals that the boy is long dead, fed to the Hand's pigs.
- Tombstone raised feral pigs to dispose of living nuisances in Deadpool's Suicide Kings.
- One issue of Nightwing has him and Batman being captured by mobsters and thrown into a pit with pigs. Batman tells him to stall for time, and try to get some of the goons in there with them. Nightwing tells the mobster than he's the only one who knows where his son is. The mobster tells his guys to get Nightwing out, but after they climb down, they're electrocuted by one of Batman's gadgets, using the mud as a conduit.
- Daddy's Deadly Darlin features a serial killer who feeds his victims to pigs.
- Brick Top from Snatch keeps a group of perpetually starved pigs on hand to eat, and thus dispose of, the bodies of people he kills.
- Played ridiculously straight in the Hamlet retelling Royal Deceit, where half a dozen scrawny little pigs completely dispose of a large viking, bones and all, in about an hour.
- This is Mason Verger's idea of an Ironic Hell for Hannibal, playing into the role reversal aspect; Hannibal kills and eats people he considers rude to demonstrate that they're no better than pigs in his eyes. Mason specially breeds a bunch of pigs for this purpose, training them to associate screaming with meal time and stuffing clothes full of fruits and meats to get them used to it. It then goes very, very badly for Verger when he tries to actually implement it.
(to Verger's Beleaguered Assistant
): Hey, Cordell! Why don't you push him in? You can always say it was me.
- Mr. Wu's pigs in Deadwood are used to eat dead bodies.
- An episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation showed how a killer used pigs to get rid of the remains of a woman he killed.
- Used in the Criminal Minds two-part season four finale "To Hell..."/"...And Back" by a mentally-challenged pig farmer who was manipulated into killing people by his quadriplegic brother.
- Millennium. The Judge is a pig farmer who uses ex-convicts to inflict Karmic Death on people he believes have escaped justice. He invites Frank Black to join his cause, but when he refuses the Judge hits the police with a lawsuit to make them back off. Unfortunately for the Judge his ex-convict killer regards this as hypocrisy, hamstrings the Judge and throws him to his own pigs to be eaten alive. The killer also regards this as a Karmic Death, saying: "You're either a man or a pig."
- Manhunt: Piggsy, a sadistic psycho-killer in a mask made from a pig's head, believes that he's a pig, and feeds off corpses that the Cerberus provide for him.
- On one path in Critical Point, you can see a flashback of the hero suffering Cold-Blooded Torture in which he had his right arm hacked off piece by piece, starting with the fingers. Each piece was tossed to a nearby pig after being cut off.
- Lucky Dog 1 reveals that one of Ragtliffe's more disturbing methods of disposing of bodies (as part of the Cleanup Crew) is feeding them to the pigs on his farm. When Gian starts imagining this, he promptly gets squicked.
- After Mordecai Heller takes the hatchet joke literally in Lackadaisy, Nico and Serafine Savoy offer to dump the body with some nearby pig farmers. Mordecai thinks it's another joke.
- After Rocky burns down the pig farm in question for an entirely unrelated reason the farmers go to Mordecai's boss claiming that he owes them for using their pigs to dispose of bodies, he gives them some tommy guns.
- Medieval animal trials.
- The Kray Twins allegedly had a man named Frank Mitchell killed and fed to pigs.
- Also was allegedly very popular in Sardinia/Sardegna, where kidnappers would often dispose of a deceased victim by feeding it to the pigs.
- Canadian serial killer Robert Pickton allegedly murdered prostitutes and fed the bodies to his pigs. (This was in addition to evidence that he disposed of bodies in rendering vats.)
- This is said to have been the way IRA revolutionaries in South Armagh disposed of the body of foolhardy SAS captain Robert Nairac at the height of The Troubles: Nairac attempted to pass for Irish in a pub, was detected, tortured, shot and his body allegedly fed to pigs.
- Happened to Calabrian N'drangheta boss Francis Raccosta in 2012. A rival N'drangheta clan fed him to pigs alive.