open/close all folders
- This Tums Smoothies commercial, as part of a series of similar advertisements.
- Two of the taglines for Wendy's Baconator burger were "It can smell fear." and "Eat it. Before it eats you."
Anime & Manga
- In the French comic Mélusine (the story of an apprentice witch during Middle Ages), the transfiguration teacher reports that during a previous lesson, he made his pupils prepare a whole meal by magic. The roast suddenly came back to life and devoured all the guests. Now the school still provides cooking lessons, but without a hint of magic...
- Calvin and Hobbes has this at least once — or at least, Calvin getting into a fight with his food. This actually happens in one comic that features an Imagine Spot where Calvin's supper gobbles him up, to the delight of his parents. Cut to Calvin accusing his mother of trying to kill him with her cooking.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! is this trope: the movie.
- Young Sherlock Holmes. Watson has a drug-caused hallucination of being attacked by bakery products.
- In Big Tits Zombie, one of the first signs that the Zombie Apocalypse is happening is when the main characters are attacked by zombie sushi.
- Night Of The Living Bread is a parody of Night of the Living Dead (1968) where a bakery explosion causes all manner of bread products to animate and smother people to death.
- Dead Sushi features killer sushi.
- The fifth Fantaghiro movie has all fruit and vegetables attack humans on sight. After Fantaghiro defeats a bucketful of apples by stewing them into applesauce, the applesauce tries to devour a child as well.
- On the Colbert Report, the graphic for the segment "Thought for Food" shows a brain (with eyes) thinking about a burger (with eyes). The burger then jumps from the thought cloud and swallows the brain whole.
- Everytime an animal is able to eat the meat of a predator that would normally hunt said animal.
- The most common example may be a scavenger finding the dead body of a bigger predator.
- Another example includes a human and a predatory animal, since with weapons, a human can easily kill for example a lion, but without, the lion will most likely kill the human.
- Pineapples eat you while you eat them
- Dungeons & Dragons adventure Castle Greyhawk, Level 3 "Too Many Cooks". Magic cooking instruments are used to create food monsters that attack and try to kill the PC party.
- The Hungry Burger card in Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes gets described as this in any video games where it receives a description at all.
- Miitopia has Mii-eyed hamburgers as enemies which can swallow you party members. Gross.
- In Paper Mario: Color Splash, Mario has to cook a huge steak for some renowned food critic at Tangerino Grill. Easy as pie you might say. Except the steak apparently isn't pleased with it and starts fighting you.
- In the Team Fortress 2 video "Expiration Date", the mercs accidentally turn a loaf of bread into a giant abomination which attacks them and swallows Scout and Miss Pauling. (They're all right after the rest kill it and cut them out.)
- DuckTales: In "Nothing to Fear", a giant banana monster threatens to eat Doofus Drake. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Adventure Time has killer hotdogs and killer hamburgers in one dungeon. (Any evil Candy People don't count.)
- Steven Universe, the second half of the second episode involves Steven's Together Breakfast being possessed by a malicious entity and attacking the Crystal Gems. Later, they decided not to eat waffles for a while and ordered a pizza.
- In Regular Show, a group of sentient hot dogs try to eat the gang as revenge for their fallen brethren.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force: when DNA from a giant moth monster is accidentally mixed with a tray of brownies in Frylock's cloner, the team is attacked by a swarm of brownie monsters.
- Hambuster is a CGI short film depicting a carnivorous-hamburger apocalypse. It just gets worse from there...
- The Simpsons has a few examples:
- In the Dan Vs. episode "Dan Vs. Vegetables", Dan sets off a gene-scrambler in a field of broccoli, creating a giant broccoli monster, whose first instinct is to eat Dan.
- Happens several times in Dave the Barbarian. There's the Pretzel-men (created by a villain), the various evil foods Dave makes via the evil Cuisinum Mysterium cookbook, and a pair of giant muffin monsters, whose presence is never explained.
- Sokka has a nightmare about this in an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender and is terrified it might come true.
- This is known to occasionally happen to hunters who are after dangerous prey. One example.