open/close all folders
- This Tums Smoothies commercial, as part of a series of similar advertisements.
- Two of the taglines for Wendy's Baconator burger were "It can smell fear." and "Eat it. Before it eats you."
Anime and Manga
- In the French comic Melusine (the story of an apprentice witch during Middle Ages), the transfiguration teacher reports that during a previous lesson, he made his pupils prepare a whole meal by magic. The roast suddenly came back to life and devoured all the guests. Now the school still provides cooking lessons, but without a hint of magic...
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! is this trope: the movie.
- The giant chickens towards the end of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. One of them even eats Brent. Fortunately, Brent survives and overtakes its body.
- This continues with the "foodimals" of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
- Young Sherlock Holmes. Watson has a drug-caused hallucination of being attacked by bakery products.
- In Big Tits Zombie, one of the first signs that the Zombie Apocalypse is happening is when the main characters are attacked by zombie sushi.
- Night Of The Living Bread is a parody of Night of the Living Dead (1968) where a bakery explosion causes all manner of bread products to animate and smother people to death.
- Dead Sushi features killer sushi.
- The fifth Fantaghiro movie has all fruit and vegetables attack humans on sight. After Fantaghiro defeats a bucketful of apples by stewing them into applesauce, the applesauce tries to devour a child as well.
Live Action TV
- On the Colbert Report, the graphic for the segment "Thought for Food" shows a brain (with eyes) thinking about a burger (with eyes). The burger then jumps from the thought cloud and swallows the brain whole.
- Calvin and Hobbes had this at least once—or at least, Calvin getting into a fight with his food.
- Everytime an animal is able to eat the meat of a predator that would normally hunt said animal.
- The most common example may be a scavenger finding the dead body of a bigger predator.
- Another example inclueds a human and a predatory animal, since with weapons, a human can easily kill for example a lion, but without, the lion will most likely kill the human.
- Pineapples eat you while you eat them
- Dungeons & Dragons adventure Castle Greyhawk, Level 3 "Too Many Cooks". Magic cooking instruments are used to create food monsters that attack and try to kill the PC party.
- The Hungry Burger card in Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes gets described as this in any video games where it receives a description at all.
- DuckTales: In "Nothing to Fear", a giant banana monster threatens to eat Doofus Drake. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Adventure Time has killer hotdogs and killer hamburgers in one dungeon. (Any evil Candy People don't count.)
- Steven Universe, the second half of the second episode involves Steven's Together Breakfast being possessed by a malicious entity and attacking the Crystal Gems. Later, they decided not to eat waffles for a while and ordered a pizza.
- In Regular Show, a group of sentient hot dogs try to eat the gang as revenge for their fallen brethren.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force: when DNA from a giant moth monster is accidentally mixed with a tray of brownies in Frylock's cloner, the team is attacked by a swarm of brownie monsters.
- Hambuster is a CGI short film depicting a carnivorous-hamburger apocalypse. It just gets worse from there...
- The Simpsons has a few examples:
- In the Dan Vs. episode "Dan Vs. Vegetables", Dan sets off a gene-scrambler in a field of broccoli, creating a giant broccoli monster, whose first instinct is to eat Dan.
- Happens several times in Dave the Barbarian. There's the Pretzel-men (created by a villain), the various evil foods Dave makes via the evil Cuisinum Mysterium cookbook, and a pair of giant muffin monsters, whose presence is never explained.
- Sokka had a nightmare about this in an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender and is terrified it might come true.