We Are All Pokémon Trainers - Conquest Ancestors and OthersThis page describes Exactly What It Says on the Tin, listing the ancestors of different player characters and their mons that existed during the time of the Conquest arc in 15th Century Ransei, as well as their retainers and allies.Spoilers prior to Orre are unmarked.
DuolisThe wife of the Ghost Lord Umbramatic and daughter of Monos, who hails from Spectra. Is an ancestor of Pentigan. Post-Ransei, she ended up being killed by people seeking revenge on the Ghost Lord but was revived following a Spirit Game.
- Anti-Villain: Type IV, only being a villain by virtue of being Umbra's wife and having to oppose the heroes by default.
- Back from the Dead: Is resurrected as a Ghost type somewhere in Kalos after winning a Spirit Game.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Died buying time for her son to escape their pursuers following the Conquest arc.
- Morality Pet: Is the only being besides his personal team and Amhlaidh the Ghost Lord doesn't consider a mere pawn.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Feels this way concerning Lucanus' Face–Heel Turn.
The Ghost LordThe tyrannical, diabolical ruler of Spectra. Is Umbramatic, and an ancestor of Pentigan. For tropes relating to after he came out of exile and joined the J-Team, see here.
- Arch-Enemy: To Kaius and Izumi.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Is the most powerful being in Spectra, and its leader.
- Bad Boss: Often abuses underlings or uses them as expendable pawns. This extends to the Demon Generals, who he threw at Ammy precisely so he wouldn't have to share the power of the Lunar Pendant with them.
- Batman Gambit: Has one to get the Lunar Pendant, mainly letting Ammy's group deliver it right to him.
- Berserk Button: Threatening or harming Duolis.
- Big Bad: Orchestrated the events of the Conquest arc in order to obtain the Lunar Pendant, which grants wishes.
- Cool Helmet: Has a helmet shaped like Giratina's head, with matching armor.
- The Chessmaster: Will manipulate any variable he can to achieve his goals.
- Dragged Off to Hell: People who annoy him often end up on a one way trip to the Distortion World.
- Dragons Are Demonic: Umbra during his time as the evil Ghost Lord uses his entire Ghost Army to take on the form of Penumbra, a monstrous dragon resembling a cross between Origin Giratina, Black Kyurem, and the Dark Hide from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep at the climax of the Conquest arc. In this form he's so powerful that it takes the combined efforts of most of the warlords of Ransei, Tagg using some of his most powerful seals while empowered by the Aura Nexus below the Infinity Tower, and a faith-empowered Ammy in order to defeat him.
- The Dreaded: Was considered so horrible that even 600 years later the name "Ghost Lord of Spectra" is synonymous with mass killings and tyranny.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: Has GREATLY enhanced Obscura powers and isn't afraid to use them.
- Drunk with Power: Became so evil after becoming Warlord of Spectra.
- Evil Overlord: And loving it.
- Flash Step: Has this as one of his Obscura powers.
- Heel Realization: Has one after Styx gives him a "Reason You Suck" Speech regarding his behavior following his defeat by Ammy's group and most of the Warlords.
- Hero Killer: Was the one who ended up killing Lucanus' Alakazam Revan, and severely injured Miyu when she fought him.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Has a katana by the name of Shadow Force.
- Knight Templar: Deep down, believes what he does is good for Spectra and Giratinism. However, the way he goes about it makes him easy to confuse for a Card-Carrying Villain.
- Laughably Evil: Is almost comedic when he isn't being a real threat. Sometimes when he is being a real threat.
- The Man Behind the Man: Created most of the monsters faced by Ammy's group over the course of the arc, save for Yami and Orochi, and used the amulet rumor to deflect any suspicion until it was too late.
- Manipulative Bastard: Had the Lunar Pendant end up in Ammy's hands simply so that the Demon Generals would end up getting killed fighting Ammy, Tagg, and Herbert so that he wouldn't have to share its power with them, and had Ren try assassinating her simply to get rid of the Lunar Pendant's defense mechanism. He also made up a rumor about an artifact granting powers over the entire Auric spectrum so that no one would catch on until it was too late.
- Obviously Evil: Lives in an evil fortress, commands legions of "undead", and is known as the Ghost Lord. Yep.
- One-Winged Angel: Is mass-possessed by his entire Ghost Army to become Penumbra.
- Sinister Minister: He's a rogue high priest of Giratina.
- Sorcerous Overlord: A powerful Obscuric and ruler of Spectra.
- Speak of the Devil: Gains this reputation, with "Speak of the Ghost Lord" becoming an equivalent for the phrase itself. Oddly enough, it is not actually played straight onscreen until, technically, this post.
- True Final Boss: Of the Conquest arc as Penumbra.
The Demon GeneralsSee Villains
SabakuThe Warlord of Terrera and ancestor of Dune.
- But Now I Must Go: Leaves Terrera after the war is over to pursue his old master, who he believes would cause great harm to the world.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Specializes in Ground types.
- Generation Xerox: Became a wanderer who could not return home of his own volition... Just like his descendant.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Quickly realizes that Terrera is in a prime position to be attacked from many angles, and quickly "battens down the hatches" by turning the entire kingdom into one huge sandstorm.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks almost precisely like Dune, only an inch or two taller and has a beard.
- Only Sane Man: See Reasonable Authority Figure.
- Reasonable Authority Figure:
- In a region of squabbling Warlords, Sabaku's one of the few who actually cares about how it affects his subjects.
- Also helps Ammy, Herbert, and Tagg unconditionally, seeing them as allies.
- The Good King: Always has his people's well being in mind.
Lucanus CainThe Warlord of Pugilis and Herbert's ancestor, who is also related to Psyche, Titan, Trip and Trish by extension due to his relationship with Aiura. Following the end of the Conquest arc, he runs off to Sinnoh with Aiura.
- Anti-Villain: Is one In Name Only at first, but becomes more of an actual villain as the arc progresses before doing a Heel–Face Turn.
- Face–Heel Turn: After being captured by Spectra.
- Fallen Hero: Upon making his Heel–Face Turn.
- Forced into Evil: After he's captured by the Ghost Lord, Duolis forces him to work for Spectra. He is not happy about this... at first.
- The Fool: The reason Celzvet doesn't consider him a threat. Which proves to be Celzvet's undoing.
- Evil Feels Good: Finds this out after the first time he silences dissent amongst his subjects.
- Heel Realization: After Libitina's "Reason You Suck" Speech, leading to the beginning of a Heel–Face Turn.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks a lot like his descendant Herbert, which briefly causes the latter some trouble upon meeting Aiura post-Lucanus's Face–Heel Turn.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Prior to his Face–Heel Turn.
- Luminescent Blush: A trait he passes down to Herbert.
- Morality Pet: Libitina, who acts as his often-ignored voice of reason during his service to Spectra.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has this moment after Libitina gives him her "Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Oblivious to Love: Despite his feelings for Aiura, he is completely unaware of her increasingly obvious advances towards him until Revan slaps some sense into him.
- Psychopomp: Appears when Lucius dies in order to lead him to the afterlife.
- Puppet King: Becomes one for Spectra. Celzvet even refers to him as "the Spectran Puppet of Pugilis".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Receives one from Sho and completely ignores it. He receives an even nastier one from Libitina after he helps the Ghost Lord mutate Celzvet.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After Revan's death.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: At first. Revan's death promptly shatters this worldview.
Celzvet KaeqiriThe Warlord of Cragspur, and the ancestor of Jacob, Verax, and Crow. He eventually becomes Edge.
- Baleful Polymorph: Is turned into a Bisharp after being handily defeated by the Ghost Lord.
- Combat Pragmatist: He attacks people mid-sentence, keeps hidden weapons, and all in all fights either to destroy his target as soon as he can or to make his point.
- Crazy-Prepared: He specifically built his room so that if he needed to escape he could hear people entering his room and dive to safety out of a window. Among other more zany contingencies.
- Flash Step: Because of his Warlord Ability, which boosted his speed to insane levels. This is why as Edge he could move so fast.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks similar to Jacob, but a lot more like Verax with waist-length hair. The resemblance to Jacob is more noticeable when he was younger or became upset.
- Knight in Sour Armor: He admitted that to fighting for ideals was idiotic at best and would inevitably lead "heroes" to their own deaths, but this doesn't stop him from wanting to unite all of Ransei under him by defeating the Ghost Lord and becoming a symbol of hope.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He acts childish and ridiculous, is not above breaking into song and jesting, to the point where he's called "The Clown King of Cragspur". Then he floors Lucanus in a duel to make a point, is revealed to have taken on and beaten the Dust Runners of Terrera on his own, and, for a while anyways, was able to hold off Lucanus and The Ghost Lord after being captured and disarmed. Invoked, as the less seriously he was taken, the more likely he could catch his enemies by surprise.
- Refuge in Audacity: With everything he does, be it waltzing straight into the Ghost Lord's castle, waltzing straight into Lucanus's castle and then leaving via Aggron-made hole in the wall, everything he does he does fully expecting it's so off the top insane no one will know how to react.
- Soul Power: Is a relatively powerful Ghost Obscuric, which is made more powerful when he became Edge.
- The Unfettered: At first, his goal is dethroning The Ghost Lord to unite Ransei under him, he was willing to sacrifice his entire army to make it to Spectra, willing to sacrifice his public image so no one would suspect him, and was willing to die and leave Sagi to try reaching this. Then when that fails, it's taking over the world with a massive army of Pawniard, he recruited criminals, was willing to kill innocents that might eventually pose a threat to him, and again, the idea of failure did nothing to deter him. If there is one aspect of Celzvet that has been constant throughout his entire life, it is this.
Revy MemitoA wandering pirate, who during the events of the arc works for the Ghost Lord and commands a legion of Dunsparce. Ever's ancestor, as well as the ancestor of All, PEFE!Every, Amanita, Lepiota, and Brie. Ended up dying at the hands of Fukurou and Andante.
- A Girl in Every Port: Had numerous lovers in numerous ports throughout the world. Ever, PEFE!Every, All, Brie, Lepiota, Amanita, and Revy the Second are all descended from his paramours, Amanita in particular from a Spectran servant Revy met sometime during the Conquest Arc.
- Berserk Button: Insulting Dunsparce, as he threatened to gut Ever if he ever called a Dunsparce stupid in his presence, descendant or no descendant.
- Determinator: Stands up to curse Fukurou and Andante after getting stabbed in the gut out of pure hatred.
- Dying Curse: Does this to Fukurou and Andante while suffering from a wound to the stomach inflicted by the former before the latter gives him a lethal concussion with her harp. Overlaps with My Death Is Just the Beginning as he mentions that his numerous descendants would eventually take revenge on theirs. That doesn't come to pass, however, due to Fukurou doing a countercurse on his descendants that would make them slaves to all mons if any dared lay a hand on any of their descendants. This doesn't stop him from trying to recruit his most recent descendants capable of the job to do it from beyond the grave.
- Evil Laugh: Revy giggles like a schoolgirl.
- Faux Affably Evil: Keeps an even tone and polite face at almost all times, but that's the only nice thing about him.
- Generation Xerox: Zigzagged, while both Every and his ancestor share a taste in mons (Dunsparce) and water, Every has nothing else in common with his ancestor at all. All and PEFE!Every hedge a bit closer, except the latter isn't as evil and the former lacks a love for Dunsparce.
- Identical Ancestor: Revy looks a lot like Ever, All, and PEFE!Every.
- Improbable Weapon User: A pair of Dunsparce used like whips.
- Irony: Ever's ancestor meets his end at the hands of the ancestor of Ever's girlfriend Mezzo.
- Kick the Dog: To a village by destroying a number of houses after he gets word of possible revolution...
- Pirate: In this case, being a more realistic example of one as a self-serving, greedy bastard.
- Paranoia Gambit: He also informs the village of a (nonexistent) spy in their midst just to be a dick.
- Really Gets Around: Has a lot of bastard children in a number of different ports, and Amanita was the descendant of a child born from an affair he had with a Spectran servant.
- Smug Snake: Takes pleasure in taunting Lucanus over his current predicament.
Andante DiminuendoOne of the ancestors of the Morendo family from the Pokeworld's Italian analogue, a traveling musician, and a warrior under Fukurou.
- Black Cloak: Likes wearing black like her descendant Mezzo.
- Casting a Shadow: Likes Dark types much like Mezzo.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks pretty much like a brunette Mezzo pre-transformation, and looks just like her after getting blue hair.
- Irony: Ends up killing the ancestor of her descendant's boyfriend.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Much like her descendant, Andante looks very boyish.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Purposely cultivates an image of weakness to catch her opponents off guard, which is rather fitting for a lover of a type based on deception.
- Locked into Strangeness: Gets her hair changed blue by her Warrior Transformation, which gets passed on to her descendants.
- Musical Assassin: Uses a harp as a weapon in combat, which overlaps with Improbable Weapon User, and has Sweet Song for a Warrior Skill.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: See Locked into Strangeness.
Hane FukurouThe Warlord of Yaksha, ancestor of Maggie and brother of Sagi.
- Generation Xerox: Maggie shares his animosity for Sagi's descendant Crow.
- Identical Ancestor: Averted, he doesn't look like Maggie at all, instead looking more like Crow.
- Sibling Rivalry: Has this with Sagi to the degree that most of their contributions to the war were to try and mess up the other. Deconstructed as their own people have suffered due to their childish, petty rivalry.
Hane SagiThe Warlord of Viperia, ancestor of Crow and sister of Fukurou.
- Identical Ancestor: Averted, except for the brown hair tip she looks nothing like Crow, and more like Maggie.
- Ninja: Is one.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Leaves Ransei for Hoenn with Fukurou's Mightyena Shug after Celzvet gets mutated into Edge and fakes his death, leaving her heartbroken and leaving her country leaderless.
- She's Got Legs: Sagi has very long legs.
- Sibling Rivalry: Has this with Fukurou to the degree that most of their contributions to the war were to try and mess up the other. Deconstructed as their own people have suffered due to their childish, petty rivalry.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Is pregnant with Celzvet's child when she leaves Ransei.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: How her relationship with Celzvet ends up.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Is a bit of one, even shipping Kaius and the Ghost Lord.
Lina/Circe TitaniaSee We Are All Pokemon Trainers Alternate.
Agitato MorendoThe other ancestor of the Morendo family hailing from the Pokeworld's Italian analogue, who is currently seeking to prove himself as a Warrior by finding a Warlord.
- Generation Xerox: Forte takes a lot after him.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks like a brunette Forte.
- Stable Time Loop: His Eevee Kerro is actually Forte transfigured once again into an Eevee by Mew.
SecantTangent's ancestor, who was one of the Ghost Lord's minions. She got transformed into a Bucket Namahage after being put in contact with the Demon Mutagen.
- Baleful Polymorph: Gets transformed into a Bucket Namahage after getting dipped in Demon Mutagen.
Nishimura YuseiThe Warlord of Nixtorm, and the ancestor of Wolf and Katie, as well as Sierra by extension. He kicks off the main plot by invading Dragnor and conquering it.
- An Ice Person: Likes Ice types and has a Glaceon for a link.
- Big Bad: The main one for the Conquest arc, or so it seems.
- The Heavy: His actions kick off the main plot.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks just like Wolf.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His reasons for conquering Ransei are really to try stopping the Ghost Lord and putting an end to the squabbling of the various nations. Problem was Yusei didn't really care much for PR, and so he decided to go for conquest instead of diplomacy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair like his descendant Wolf.
AiuraThe Warlord of Illusio, and Psyche's ancestor, as well as Herbert, Trip, and Trish due to her relationship with Lucanus. Following the end of Conquest, she heads off to Sinnoh with Lucanus, leaving Jace as Warlord.
- Crazy-Prepared: Has Illusio's borders guarded by Psychic types that read the intent of anyone entering.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks just like Psyche.
- Pregnant Badass: Is pregnant with Lucanus' child over the course of the arc.
- Psychic Powers: Is psychic like her descendant Psyche, and uses Psychic types.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite her paranoia, she did prove to be fairly helpful to Ammy's group.
- Red Baron: The Psychic Queen of Illusio.
- Secret Keeper: Is aware that Tagg, Herbert, and Ammy aren't from her time period.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Due to his actions Lucanus is incapable of returning to Kalos or staying in Ransei, so he decides to run off to Sinnoh with Aiura.
Ren KaikenAn assassin/mercenary born in Greenleaf and trained in Yaksha. She's fairly competent and specializes in Grass-types.
- A-Cup Angst: Once she pulls a Split-Personality Merge with Arika she expresses slight disappointment Arika's body isn't as busty as her old one.
- Combat Pragmatist: Waited until both Tagg and Lucius were occupied before attacking Ammy, and were it not for the Pendant's defense mechanism she would've killed her.
- Didnt See That One Coming: Her assassination attempt on Ammy would've most likely been successful if not for the Lunar Pendant's defense mechanism.
- The Greatest Story Never Told: Ends up saving Ammy and the Lunar Pendant at the cost of her own life, but no one ever knows until the Kalos arc when Arika's true origins are revealed.
- Green Thumb: Uses Grass-types.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Has the Lunar Pendant absorb her soul in order to save both it and Ammy.
- Honey Trap: One of Ren's memories Arika sees involves her seducing a target before assassinating him pre-coitus.
- Knife Nut: Loves using daggers.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: Gets sealed in the Lunar Pendant after a failed attempt to assassinate Ammy.
- Professional Killer: She is an assassin after all.
- Reincarnation: Comes back as the Lunar Pendant's human form, Arika.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has purple eyes.
- Unwitting Pawn: Turns out to have been one for the Ghost Lord, as he had her try to assassinate Ammy simply to activate the Lunar Pendant's defense mechanism.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair; it's natural.
Kaius AmarinusThe Warlord of Dragnor alongside Lina, and an ancestor of Eskay, Alli, and Skye, as well as Ivy by extension. He ended up dying after the arc concluded courtesy of part of a flaming roof.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Ended up dying from having part of a flaming roof collapse on top of him in a Dragnorian warehouse.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks a lot like his descendant Eskay.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Specializes in Dragon types.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Dies leaving Lina pregnant with their son Arrai.
Keiko "Izumi" AtakashiThe wife of Ryuku, who lived in Hoenn before being brought over to Ransei as a slave of Ignis before marrying the Warlord, to the consternation of the populace. She is an ancestor of both Sol and Vyvyan.
- Archer Archetype: Is quite skilled with a bow, and her arrows are anything but merely annoying.
- Casting a Shadow: She can lace her arrows with Obscura for extra piercing power.
- Dragon Rider: Uses her Hydreigon Yamata as a mount.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks just like her descendant Sol.
- Lady of War: Ruthlessly crushed the peasant revolt protesting her marriage, and for all intents and purposes she is Warlord in all but title.
- Made a Slave: Was originally a Hoennese slave before marrying Ryuku.
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: The peasantry and nobility of Ignis were not pleased about her relationship with Ryuku, and even rebelled over it.
AmhlaidhA warrior in the service of the Ghost Lord, and the ancestor of Crewe, or to be more exact, her adopted father, with his Weavile Kori being Crewe's true ancestor. Following the end of the Conquest arc, he was taken to the present by Ammy's group in order to save his life.
- An Ice Person: Specializes in Ice types.
- Bad Liar: Much like Crewe.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Ammy's group takes him with them when they return to the future.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks just like Crewe's father.
- The Mole: The Ghost Lord sends him to Illusio in order to infiltrate the resistance.
ShiryokuThe Warlord of Greenleaf and ancestor of Alyssa and her cousin Vierr, who gained his position through having Ren murder the previous Warlord.
- Generation Xerox: Averted, neither of his descendants take much after him at all, except perhaps Vierr at his most jerkish.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First appears as a random guy Ammy's group meets on the way to Agata Forest.
- Make It Look Like an Accident: How he had the old Warlord killed, complete with a forged letter naming him Warlord.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks a bit like both of his descendants.
Umi KageThe wife of Hyoga and Warlord of Fontaine, as well as an ancestor of Elise and Rawst.
- Ambition Is Evil: Is utterly ruthless in pursuing her goals, besides the fact that she has Ambition for a warrior skill.
- Arranged Marriage: To Hyoga.
- Evil Mentor: Tries being this to Elise, to the point that she asks Esprit for help getting rid of her.
- Generation Xerox: Averted, Elise didn't inherit her sheer ruthlessness and in fact is disgusted by her.
- It's Personal: Straw's ancestor Ichigo hates her for killing Mort.
- Knife Nut: Uses icicle kunai.
- Making a Splash: Specializes in Water types.
Ayame ArakakiA ninja in the service of Pugilis, who ends up going to Yaksha after Lucanus' Face–Heel Turn.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Generally cheery and airheaded, in stark contrast to the war around her.
- Love Interest: To Fukurou.
- Ninja: Obviously.
- Pinned to the Wall: Gets pinned to a wall by Revy during their fight.
Sho/ShokakiA merchant from Ignis and the ancestor of Ren.
- Animal Motifs: Sho's original clothes shared their color palette with Vulpix. After his transformation, It becomes even more plain that his Perfect Links are with the Vulpix line.
- Almighty Janitor: Despite being a merchant and not having ties to any country's military or ruling family, Sho is capable of linking with mons and undergoes a warrior transformation.
- Fatal Flaw: Could be very vengeful to those he's perceived as having wronged him, whether threatening Lucius for mouthing off or taking revenge against Lucanus after the war.
- Guest-Star Party Member: Joins Ammy's group for the battle against Lechku and Nechku.
- Identical Ancestor: Looks like a slightly older Ren without glasses.
- Playing with Fire/Bare-Fisted Monk: All Sho's mon are Fire and/or Fighting types.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Sho's revenge against Lucanus made it clear that he could be an absolute dick.
Youta FukuiThe ancestor of Zeal and Lanie, and the second-in-command in Violight. When the previous Warlord dies, Youta and his grandfather share the Warlord position. He is extremely obsessed with Magnemite-line mons, as well as magnets in general. He believes that any battle can be won through clever use of magnets.
- Adorkable: Considered this due to his frequent apologies and ridiculous obsession with magnets.
- Apologises a Lot: One of his defining character traits.
- First-Person Smartass: His thoughts are quite snarky.
↩Back to the Main Page