Rankers are people who have already climbed the Tower (or rather, to the 134th Floor), and are further split between normal Rankers and High Rankers, who achieved a high ranking even among them. In short, they are all pretty badass.
Tropes related to all Rankers
- The Ageless: Climbing The Tower gives them eternal youth (with the exception of Hendo Family - they are... special).
- This immortality (more specifically greatly lengthened life spans) is a specific reward for passing a Floor near the very end, so some very high Regulars also fit in with this.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: All of them are kinda odd compared to the more normal Regulars, but as individual Rankers they get focus it's shown to be more of a coping mechanism to deal with the trauma of climbing the Tower.
- Knight In Sour Armor: All of them that aren't outright evil are pretty world weary with the current system. This is because, to climb the Tower, they had to abandon friendships and betray people for personal advancement.
- Older Than They Look
- Really 700 Years Old: Some border on Time Abyss.
Second Floor Rankers
Ranker and exam supervisor for the 2nd Floor, he takes care of the Regulars that arrive on the Floor of Tests. He also trains the Light Bearers, and Aguero confides in him.
After the events of the Submerged Fish Hunt test, Lero-Ro quits his job on the 2nd Floor and goes to meet Wolhaiksong on the 77th Floor to find out the truth about what's going on with the odd events surrounding Baam. After finding Hachuling, Lero-Ro becomes a new intern for Wolhaiksong, and takes on a job to infiltrate the Workshop Battle to stop the creation of a dangerous weapon that FUG is trying to create.
- Almighty Janitor: Despite being young, praised by most of his peers (even Smug Super Quant and Insufferable Genius Yu Han Sung) and revealed to be equal in power to a prodigy RED member Ren.
- Badass Lab Coat: Sooooooo white...
- Beware the Nice Ones: He may be the nicest of the 2nd Floor admins, but him being serious is enough to force Anak to back down and tell sore losers to fuck off.
- Clark Kent Outfit: He is ripped under that labcoat.
- Curtains Match the Window: Golden hair, and gold eyes
- Facial Markings: Two black dots on his face, one under each eye.
- Friend on the Force: He does not like how Irregulars and deviants are sorted out from the climb and is Baam and Aguero's go-to-person.
- Hartman Hips: In his first appearance. Downplayed later.
- Mission Control: His job as a Light Bearer.
- Mysterious Past: With Yuri Zahard.
- Neutral No Longer: When he quits his Test Administrator position to enter Wolhaiksong.
- Nice Guy: Of all the Rankers, he is the most decent. Except for that one time he made clear that "those who are not worthy, should FUCK OFF!" (And even that can be seen as him being nice, since he's trying to save their lives.)
- Precision F-Strike: See above.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Very, very much. Even after quitting, he's still on the trail of what happened and willing to help when he can.
- Shock and Awe: According to Word of God, he is capable of using shinsoo to generate electricity.
- Shout-Out: To Pikachu: Electric powers, dots on his cheeks. SIU said it was, so it was.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The name changes from Leo-ro to Lero-Ro.
- Super Senses: Hearing.
The 2nd Floor Instructor of the scouts with a temper as fiery as his hair and all the maturity of a elementary school kid. Despite having such a persona, he is still a fierce and sharp-witted fighter. He served as the primary opponent to the Regulars during the Hide-and-seek test, and he's also related to Quaetro.
After being fired from his job on the 2nd Floor, he left with Lero-Ro to go to the 77th Floor and find Wolhaiksong. Alongside, Lero-Ro, Quant becomes a new intern for Wolhaiksong as the two of them go about infiltrating the Workshop Battle.
- Ambiguously Brown: His skin is dark.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Oh, sweet boxed baby chickens, is he ever. He just loves showing off to the "unworthy".
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: A Family trait, as it happens.
- Fiery Redhead: That one is in full effect.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Yup. Just about anything will set him off.
- Honor Before Reason: A very idiosyncratic take on this, but, yes. Diss Scouting and he'll come at you.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Hachuling likes to exploit this for fun.
- Innocent Innuendo: Due to a mistaken translation, Quant became his widely accepted English name. However SIU later showed his actual English name in a character profile later, meaning he's unfortunately named Qunt. Due to this being a somewhat offensive term (and fan inertia), the fan translators have continued to use Quant.
- I Was Just Passing Through: Towards Lero-Ro, even as friends.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When he gives Baam hope to save Rachel during the Hide and Seek test.
- Large Ham: Lampshaded by Lero-Ro and Yu Han Sung during the Hide and Seek test.
- Manchild: Let's just say he really hates losing.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: He just isn't as awesome as he thinks he is and surrounded by others who outclassed him.
- Playing with Fire: His stat cards state he is very proficient in using fire shinsoo.
- Smarter Than You Look: Koon and Leesoo express surprise over Quant's perceptive judgements, having mistaken the latter being blinded by his hot temper or emotional immaturity for a lack of intelligence.
- Smug Super: Modesty really isn't his thing.
- Unwitting Pawn: In Yu Han Sung's schemes.
Yu Han Sung
The Test Administrator of the Floor of Test, second in command to Evankhell. He is a genius in many ways, looks like a very attractive woman and is known among the Regulars for two things: His devious, scheming personality and his complete and utter addiction to instant coffee.
He really likes any kind of instant food. Oh, and he is secretly a mole for FUG, who worked behind the scenes on the 2nd Floor in order to get Baam into the terrorist organization as their newest upcoming Slayer Candidate, Jyu Viole Grace.
Yu Han Sung also has a younger data version of himself within the Hidden Floor. His data self works alongside Baam and company in an attempt to escape from said Floor's data rulers.
- Agent Peacock: Dresses quite well, even when in casual. Always has fabulous hair.
- Almighty Janitor: Based on ability alone, he became ranked as a High Ranker. His power was even said to surprise the Vice-Commander of RED.
- Badass Boast: His entire confrontation with Ren boils down to that.
- The Beastmaster: He is an Anima.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Appears to be a Reasonable Authority Figure at first. The reality is quite different.
- The Chessmaster: Most of the events in season one can be traced back to his plotting. His data-memory self proves he's always been the plotting kind.
- Curtains Match the Window: Yellow/Gold.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Very feminine looking, especially with his hair down.
- Inseries Nickname: Coffee Machine.
- Insufferable Genius: Called the "genius Wave Controller", and he is quite fond of his intelligence. Even as a Regular, his skill was way OP for his Floor Level — and, bleeding proud of it, thanks. If his data-memory is anything to go by, that is.
- Kick the Dog: Blackmailing Baam. Messing with Baam — past, present; same difference.
- Manipulative Bastard: Very good at making others play along with his schemes without them being aware of it.
- The Mole: He is a member of FUG pretending to be a part of Zahard's Empire.
- Mole in Charge: He serves as a Test Administrator on the Floor of Tests for Zahard's Empire when in actuality, he's a member of FUG that's fighting against Zahard.
- Must Have Caffeine: Subtle, but there: the sheer number of times he's spotted with a cup of the stuff... And, yes: there's a personal ritual, too. Which. Will. Be. Followed.
- No One Gets Left Behind: A copy of his younger self tries very hard to escape with his fellow companions without leaving them behind, leading Androssi and Baam to wonder whether he was always the Bitch in Sheep's Clothing he is today. According to the Snake Charmer, yes, he was, and he was only trying to help all his fellows escape for the sense of accomplishment and making himself look good.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Has the authority and strength to do whatever he wants on the Floor of Test.
- Rapunzel Hair: Nobody thought that the Director was a GUY.
- Red Baron: Submerged Fish.
- Summon Bigger Fish: Pulls this on Ren and it is awesome. His epithet itself is the "Submerged Fish".
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: He and Baam are technically on the same side and fighting for the same cause, but due to him forcing Baam to work for FUG with a Hostage Situation, Baam doesn't exactly enjoy working with a copy of his younger self.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Instant anything! The quicker the better, so oodles of noodles are go! The story behind it, however, is much less goofy than you'd think.
Lo Po Bia Ren
Introduced as Yuga, he seems to have taken that Wave Controller Instructor's guise (a sheeplike, horned costume that you wear like a ghost costume of bed sheets and a smile that looks like mustard on rice). He has multiple Shinheuh stored inside his body/suit and has the ability to control these creatures, especially aquatic ones, like the Bull. Moreover, the youngest/newest member of the RED.
Ren was tasked by the Zahard Family to sneak himself into the 2nd Floor in order to assassinate Anak due to her being a Fake Zahard Princess. However, his efforts are stopped by the arrival of the Ranker Princess, Yuri Zahard.
- Arc Villain: For the 2nd Floor's final exam where Ren put his plan into action to try to kill off Anak during the Submerged Fish Hunt test.
- Badass Boast: His entire confrontation with Yu Han Sung boils down to that.
- Bald of Evil: From what we've seen of his actual face he appears to be this.
- The Beastmaster: He is an Anima.
- Blood Knight: Gets very... excited at the prospect of a good fight.
- Combat Sado Masochist: As seen in
- Does T His Remind You Of Anything: His release of murderous feelings homicidal orgasm?
- Eccentric Mentor: As Yuga. He wears a costume that makes him look like a rice ball with horns and a smiles made of mustard.
- The Faceless: We do not know what he truly looks like. Then again, You Don't Want to Know with Ren.
- Fatal Flaw: Pride.
- Inseries Nickname: Rice Ball.
- Sadistic Choice: Offers one to Androssi.
- Secret Police: RED.
- Slasher Smile: Has a VERY creepy smile.
- Smug Snake: Picks fights against people way above his skill level.
- Smug Super: His promotion to RED has made him a tad arrogant.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Len or Ren?
The director of the Floor of Test. Very strict and very tall, Evankhell has agreed to a complex testing system of the Second Floor for reasons unknown. We never get to see Evankhell in the flesh.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: She gained her position as ruler of the Floor of Test by killing the previous ruler.
- Blood Knight: Considering how she got her job, it should come as no surprise that she loves to fight strong enemies. She was willing and able to take on two high rankers close to her level and an army of about 30 normal rankers at the same time without even using her full power.
- The Dreaded: Everyone speaks in an at least very respectful tone about him, and everyone fears what might happen if he finds out how screwy things went.
- The Ghost: Only descriptions from Rankers allude to his history. He's on "vacation" for the entire 1st Season.
- Really, it was the only way for the plot to happen. If he was there half of the events would not have been able to occur.
- Playing with Fire: Her elemental nature. The orb she created contained enough fire inside to become a small sun and nearly incinerated all the other combatants on the 44th Floor.
- Samus Is a Girl: Turns out to be a woman when she finally makes her appearance.
- Statuesque Stunner: Not bad looking and capable of shifting her size to be seven meters tall.
Test Admin Rankers
Cute but serious, the Administrator of the 20th Floor Test. He oversaw the Survival Round, the "World's Strongest Regular" challenge, and created the Trustworthy Room test for Viole. He has a "I do what I want type of attitude."
- Badass Adorable: Weird but fun and cute character design? Check. Incredibly powerful and awesome? Check.
- Baseball Episode: His fight with Viole including 2 giant pitching gloves, attacks like Straight Ball and Pitch Change-up, even the Trustworthy Room test for Viole is baseball themed.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: It's hard to take him seriously, at first.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He is a member of the Chicken Love Club.
- Cute Bruiser: Adorable looking, and very capable of kicking your ass.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His parents were killed by a FUG member.
- Flash Step: His Slider technique.
- Hidden Depths: Admits that Viole is incredibly talented, and gives him another chance despite his hatred of FUG.
- Lightning Bruiser: Is able to easily match Viole's speed, and greatly surpasses him in power.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Even in The Tower world, he looks a bit... Off.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Very strong despite his size.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Compared to the 20th Floor Regulars. And he wasn't even trying. Justified since he's a Ranker.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When Wangnan interrupts his duel with Viole.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: His giant, hovering baseball glove.
- Unmoving Plaid: Subverted.
- Wingding Eyes: Filled with scribbles.
The Test Director of the 20th Floor, and Mule Love's superior. Similar to Yu Han Sung, he is a mole for FUG.
- Bling of War: His attire.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is a member of Chicken Love Club.
- Code Name: Gusgus. Not that hard to guess.
- Da Chief: A rather mild example, but an example nonetheless.
- Evil Albino: Secretly a member of the terrorist organization FUG.
- Manipulative Bastard: Easily manipulates Love by acting like the latter screwed up trying to face off against Viole one-on-one in the Trustworthy Room test since it basically announced Viole's existence to the Tower. In actuality, Love did exactly what FUG wanted.
- The Mole: Secretly a member of FUG while working under the Zahard Empire.
- Mole in Charge: Works as the 20th Floor's Test Director for Zahard's Empire when in actuality, he's a mole for FUG that fights against Zahard.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Not shown in battle, but his status as a Ranker and his appearance automatically earns him this.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has a red sclera and golden irises.
- White Hair, Black Heart: A white-haired Ranker who's a part of FUG.
The Test Administrator of the 21st Floor. His test for Viole, and company, is to kill Urek Mazino for stealing the Zygaena flowers. Noma is actually trying to get rid of him for getting in the way of his black market business, which is to sell off the rare jewels inside the Zygaena flowers.
- Arc Villain: Revealed to be the true overall villain of the Flower of Zygaena Story Arc.
- Asshole Victim: His cruel farming operation on top of how he tried to get rid of Viole's entire team? You will not be missed, gitface.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He seems like an innocent Ranker at first, only to be discovered later on that he has been making black market deals behind the scenes.
- Blush Sticker: Permanately on his face, even during his Oh, Crap! moment.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Effortlessly beaten by Urek Mazino. Also has tinges of Ironic Death crossed with a little Too Dumb to Live: ineffectually and repeatedly prodding Urek even by proxy? Dude should have guessed what was going to head his way.
- Eyes Always Shut: Classic example.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Except sit there.
Grace Mirchea Luslec
Feared as the absolute darkness of the Tower, he is the head of the religious sect and criminal order FUG, which opposes Zahard and at one point took in Baam. What Grace looks like is currently a mystery.
- A God Am I: Considered the "Living God" of FUG. Whether he believes this himself or not is unknown, since he has yet to make an appearance.
- The Corrupter: Most within the Families consider him this.
- Dragon Ascendant: He was once a subordinate to V, who once waged war against Zahard, but eventually committed suicide. Now Luslec is the one leading the crusade against the Tower's ruling class.
- The Dreaded: Anybody who can defy the Families and constantly manage to get away with it without getting ended isn't somebody to take lightly.
- Fallen Hero: Originally, he helped Zahard and his warriors in climbing the Tower. Then his master, V, rebelled against Zahard's rule and he presumably continued the cause.
- Improbable Weapon: He too, uses a Hook.
- The Magnificent: Given the nickname as the "Heretic" due to his act of defiance against Zahard, but also known as the "Tiger Fish".
- Mysterious Backer: Despite being the leader of FUG, he is strangely OK with letting Baam do what he wants, to the ire of the other Slayers and Elders in the organization. Whether he's allowing this out of Pragmatic Villainy, because Baam might be the reborn son of his late master, or both is unknown.
- Red Baron: Heretic.
Rank: Top 100
A high ranking FUG member, and a former teacher of Viole and Karaka. Compared to a lot of other folk seen within the FUG organization, Jinsung has been the least villainous, and prefers to see Viole move about freely during the Slayer Candidate's climb up The Tower.
- Affably Evil: He may be nice, albeit too loud, but according to Hwa Ryun he came to the 21st Floor to kill all of Viole's companions, as he considers them too weak.
- A Father to His Men: To Viole. He seems genuinely concerned when he visits Viole on the 36th Floor.
- Agent Peacock: By proxy: he's the one to blame for 'Ole's FUG-tastic wardrobe. It's not that Jingsung doesn't dress well enough in his own right (if with a rather tastefully dishevelled theme), but he really went to town for his pupil.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is loud, goofy and a bit dorky. He is also a High Ranker who can make most people's days go very badly if he feels the need to.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: See One-Man Army below.
- Curtains Match the Window: Dark brown.
- Cynicism Catalyst: He loved a girl who was taken by the Ha Family as a slave... and killed an entire branch of the family in revenge. Unfortunately, she died in the process. It's implied that he sees something of her in Viole, and that she was his reason for joining FUG.
- The Dreaded: Koon, of all people, can't fully compose himself in his presence. Justified, since Jinsung annihilated an entire branch family in his past, and is infamous for killing members of the 10 Families whenever he has felt the need to.
- Evil Mentor: Kind to Viole, but nonetheless a member of FUG and a true believer in their ideals.
- Expecting Someone Taller: According to Hon Akraptor, he is nothing like the FUG of his imagination.
- Had this attitude towards Baam when he first met him. It wasn't until he saw his Power Copying that he begin to take him seriously.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He's both. He started out cynical, depressed, uninterested, fairly dissatisfied with everything to do with himself and FUG, all while smoking like a chimney. Since finding a little spark again teaching Viole and rubbing shoulders with the least likely of motley crews, he's started turning over, if not new, then forgotten leaves. And, is also trying to quit.
- Necessarily Evil: His goal is noble. His means... not so much.
- One-Man Army: Absolutely destroys all the men guarding Karaka's secret base, and treats them like children while he does it.
- Pet the Dog: Sincerely wants the best for Viole, despite everything FUG has done to keep him on a leash.
- Pragmatic Villainy: While he does indeed respect Viole, his leniency towards him is mostly a carrot and stick deal to keep him in the organization. In an argument with Karaka, he even states that he is ultimately devoted to his own plans, and that allowing Viole to assemble his own team does give FUG more hostages to strongarm him with.
- Villain Has a Point: Karaka disobeys him and antagonizes Viole, heedless of the warnings. Thereby causing Viole to leave FUG. Blaming 'Ole for this isn't on Jinsung's to-do list, however. He did warn the idiots how pushing the lad would most likely go, and appears all set to aid Viole/Baam teach Karaka and company a few much-needed lessons in humility as a kind of training-and-survival project for all concerned... As, he also outright promised the twerps this would happen if they underestimated the young Irregular, too.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Treats Viole as a person rather than simply a tool, and was an instrumental part in giving him autonomy. Sure, there are strings attached (it's the Tower: there are always strings), but it comes across as mostly genuine.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Hwa Ryun's Blue.
- Smoking Is Cool: Initially tried invoking this. Mostly got a "nah: smoking is lame — and second-hand smoke is bad for Miseng!" response from the latest batch of Regulars he got to interact with. Getting relegated to smoking outdoors for breaks by this bunch of close-knit losers had him rethinking a couple of his life choices.
- Sweet Tooth: Ever since Wangnam brought him lollipops instead of cigarettes, Ha Jinsung has been seen munching on them; leading Rak to deem him Candy Turtle.
- Team Mom: Strangely fits this role in the FUG-trio dynamic. He even goes out of his way to buy Viole clothes for every season, a habit which Viole doesn't know how to begin dealing with.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Says he's changed a lot and no longer kills people from the 10 Great Families on sight. This reassures Aguero not a bit.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wants to create a better world. However, he wouldn't hesitate to kill a bunch of innocents to fulfill his goals. There are hints that he may be modifying his stance a little... Unless it's an act.
A Slayer of FUG whose face is yet to be seen, and Ha Jinsung's former apprentice. Karaka is one of the main FUG members that is at the head of the faction that would rather control Viole than let him move about freely. He mostly stays behind the scenes ordering around his subordinates to do his bidding, but takes a more direct approach on the Hell Train when he realizes that Viole is becoming more of a threat, and is getting in the way of White's resurrection.
As a result, Karaka fights against Princess Yuri Zahard at Name Hunt Station in an attempt to keep Viole from returning to the Hell Train. He then journeys to the 43rd Floor of Death to assist Team Rachel given that White is on their team.
Like Wangnan, Karaka has a red ring with the Zahard symbol on it, and is also Wangnan's brother.
- A God Am I: His minion calls him god, and Hwa Ryun mocks this.
- Arc Villain: Karaka became the main enemy during the last chapters of the Name Hunt Station arc following Kaiser's defeat.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: In his first appearance.
- Casting a Shadow: His element of choice. He calls his ability "World of Darkness", and he is able to outright cancel attacks with it, as well as deliver a very powerful counterattack with the energy he accumulated from the blows he canceled. He displays a great control over it, making him a genuine threat to Yuri.
- The Chosen One: As a Slayer.
- Cool Mask: To hide his identity.
- Dragon with an Agenda: While he claims to have the same goal as his FUG superiors, he tries to enact schemes under their noses. Unfortunately for him, his superiors are also completely aware of his plans and try to Out Gambit him.
- The Dreaded: Made himself quite a reputation.
- The Faceless: His face is hidden behind a mask. No one knows what he truly looks like.
- Healing Factor: Karaka is able to completely negate any damage inflicted upon him through the use of his Infinite Past Lives technique. He survives Yuri's station-dwarfing shinsoo attack in this manner.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Ha Jinsung and Hwa Ryun seem to have this opinion of his current self, claiming that he is nothing but a shadow of his former self (in the way he acts rather than power level).
- Long-Lost Relative: Is heavily implied to be Ja Wangnan's sibling. That jacked-up Healing Factor of his and the yellow-gold glowing eyes add weight to this.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: His antagonism towards Viole causes him to leave FUG, though Ha Jinsung has plans to make Viole rejoin.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Scales on his mask add to his overall creepiness.
- Sinister Silhouettes: In his first appearance.
A FUG Ranker executive that works directly under Karaka. Poken was tasked by Karaka to create a team of E-rank Regulars that would watch over Viole to make sure that FUG's newest Slayer Candidate doesn't try to pull anything.
- Casting a Shadow: His primary abilities are based around shadows.
- The Dragon: To Karaka
- The Faceless: The closest to seeing Poken's full appearance has just been the image of his shadow.
- The Man Behind the Man: He was the one pulling the strings behind Reflejo's FUG Team for the E-ranker Workshop Battle.
- Super Empowering: Poken can give others his power by providing them a piece of his shadow. The shadow given to the E-rank Reflejo allows him to gain a temporary power up to be on the level of a B-rank Regular.
A FUG Ranker whose made a name for himself as a master businessman. Madoraco acts as a benefactor for Workshop to raise money for Io and Punk in order for them to further their research, and help them develop the Emile weapon. He's also the head of the FUG Rankers aboard the Archimedes in charge of pouring the solution that will melt Viole into the Thorn to become the great weapon for the FUG organization.
- Arc Villain: He was this on the Ranker side of the E-rank Workshop Battle going up against Lero-Ro's Wolhaiksong group.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Despite being Workshops benefactor, he works for FUG. He also betrays Io and Punk by handing the key item to using Emile over to Cassano.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Performs one off-screen on Io and Punk after revealing that he chose to make a deal with Cassano over them.
- Fish People: His character design is based on a catfish.
- Horned Humanoid: A pair of black horns.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Madoraco calls off the FUG Rankers from further interfering with the E-ranker's Workshop Battle after he's confronted by the Great Family head, Po Bidau Gustang.
- Red Baron: Grey Catfish.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Quite a nice suit for a fish person.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink.
The Train Conductor of the Hell Train who sets up the Dallar Show game between the two Slayer Candidates, Viole and Hoaqin.
Pedro is revealed to be a loyal FUG subordinate of Karaka, and has been tasked to help Hoaqin reacquire his other siblings in order to resurrect the FUG Slayer, White. However, his plan meets an unexpected interference when two intruders, Princess Yuri Zahard, and her guide, Evan Edrok, break into the Hell Train searching for Baam.
- Arc Villain: He was this on the Ranker side of the Dallar Show going up against Yuri.
- The Bet: He makes a bet with Yuri to kill one another depending on Baam's performance in the Dallar Show.
- Character Death: He dies after a brutal fight against Yuri.
- Enemy Summoner: Pedro's trump card is his ancient Observer known as the Purple Dementor.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: On the evil side considering his mustache.
- In-Series Nickname: Pedro the Death Eye
- The Man Behind the Man: For the sake of resurrecting White, Pedro helps Hoaqin behind the scenes of the Dallar Show.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has red glowing eyes that are very similar to Karaka.
- Shout-Out: Readers will instantly think of Harry Potter when they hear Purple "Dementor".
- Sinister Silhouettes: Apart from his glowing red eyes, Pedro's appearance is almost always hidden in the shadows.
- Undying Loyalty: To the FUG Slayer, Karaka.
The combined form of five Arie Family siblings (Hoaqin, Vicente, Anna, David, and Albelda) using the forbidden soul-eating spell of a Devil in an attempt to surpass their Great Family Leader father, Arie Hon.
After combining, White would climb the Tower to the point of becoming a Ranker, and makes a name for himself as the 10th seated FUG Slayer. However, White one day suffers defeat against a Zahard Princess, which results in the weakened White running away to the D-rank area's Hell Train in order to regain his strength by acquiring the souls of anyone who tried to venture into the train. White's recovery plan succeeds for awhile, but hits a snag due to a Regular, Roen, sacrificing herself to seal away White within the Hell Train. The sealing spell had also resulted in White finally splitting back into the five siblings, and were placed in separate locations throughout the Hell Train.
In the present, Hoaqin works alongside Team Rachel and Karaka in order to return to his former White form by reabsorbing his four siblings. Hoaqin manages to reabsorb Vicente, Anna, and David, during the Dallar Show to form an incomplete version of White, but is held off from reabsorbing Albelda due to it turning out that the last sibling combined with a newly formed White clone that's an amalgamation of all the souls White had sacrificed over the years. Eventually, the new clone agrees to rejoin with Hoaqin so that they're powerful enough to escape Zahard's forces that were sent to kill them off at the last Hell Train station, which results in a fully reunited White finally making his reappearance.
- A God Am I: As a FUG Slayer since the organization sees White as one of their Gods.
- Color Motif: Given his title, being all white is pretty much a given.
- The Dreaded: Made a name for himself as a dangerous FUG Slayer to the point that even Jinsung was afraid of his possible return after he was sealed away in the Hell Train.
- Fusion Dance: A body formed by the combination of Hoaqin, Vicente, Anna, David, and Albelda. However, Hoaqin is the only one that remains awake being the one in control of White while the other siblings are forced to forever remain asleep.
- Light Is Not Good: White-colored, but is established to be a dangerous threat that eats people's souls.
- Not So Invincible After All: White's defeat at the hands of a Zahard Princess resulting in him losing his strength down to D-rank Regular status.
- Road Block: His return to power hits a roadblock after Roen's sealing spell splits White apart within the Hell Train.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed away within the Hell Train due to Roen's sealing spell sacrifice.
- Soul Power: Feeds on souls to strengthen himself.
A defector of the Koon family, Hachuling is a Ranker member of Wolhaiksong that accompanied Yuri and Evan on their 2nd Floor expedition.
Hachuling oversaw the Workshop Battle task he was originally assigned by Yuje that he eventually passed onto Lero-Ro and Quant after the two of them came looking for him on the 77th Floor.
- Black Sheep: Rejects his family for a separatist group feared by the Ruling Class.
- Con Man: He's a Koon, after all. Unlike his Serious Business younger brother, however, he does it to simply relieve his boredom or amuse himself.
- Geek: Hardcore gamer to the extent he ended up setting up an arcade for fun on the 77th Floor, which, due to its location, sees very little customers.
- The Gadfly: Has a lot of this about him, and it mostly comes off as It Amused Me rather than For the Evulz. Trolling little bro down a few pegs was for a purpose, after all. And, Quant, well... why not?
- Gentleman Snarker: He's got snark, brains, privilege, connections, and plenty of laziness to shift "tedious" tasks onto others.
- Loveable Rogue: To a tee.
- Manipulative Bastard: Again, he's a Koon. It's pretty much their thing (unless your name is Ran). He certainly manipulated Quant (not hard) and Lero-ro (much harder) into doing donkey work without breaking a sweat.
- Playful Hacker: Though a Scout, he is perfectly capable of hacking into Lighthouses.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars when he surprises Quant with the Death Star he built.
One of the Wolhaiksong Rankers that accompanied Yuri and Evan on their expedition to the 2nd Floor.
- Ambiguously Brown: Brown-skinned
- The Big Guy: He is over 4 meters tall.
- Blood Knight: Mark his words, he loves war.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Kurudan easily crushes Ren Lo Po Bia with a single swing of his hammer.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: White-hair with brown-skin.
- Drop the Hammer: His primary means of fighting is with a giant hammer.
A Wolhaiksong Ranker who serves as Urek's assistant. Yuje is usually seen alongside Urek wherever the Irregular decides to go.
- Big Damn Heroes: Thanks to Yihwa's Yeon flames shielding her and Danhwa for a brief moment, Yuje was able to go in and save the two of them before they died off to Yuri's overwhelming Rose Shower attack at Name Hunt Station when she was trying to kill off Karaka.
- The Mole: Yuje infiltrated the 21st Floor as a test supervisor in order to help Urek deal with the Zygaena scandal.
- Number Two: Appears to serve as Urek's right-hand man as the two are usually seen together whenever they appear in the story.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has black-hair and pale-white skin.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a nice-looking black suit.
- Undying Loyalty: To Urek.
Princess Yuri's guide, and a High Ranker who gave Baam a high-grade Pocket when the boy first entered the Tower. Evan sees himself reflected in Baam, and travels around with Yuri wherever she desires to go.
- Badass Adorable: Word of God says his rank is "about 100th".
- Butt-Monkey: Constantly suffers through Yuri's physical abuse.
- Chew Toy: Being Yuri's Guide does not come without a price.
- Cowardly Lion: One of the biggest worrywarts and borrowers of trouble in the whole Tower. Packs more punch than most. As well as a surprising amount of durability.
- Determinator: A fairly quite one, for sure. But, no matter how off-script Yuri is going to try throwing herself, he's always there to make sure she at least looks before she leaps over the worst cliffs. When he seriously puts his foot down, she does pause to take it in. Grit... and, the patient drip of water on stone.
- Expy: The Archer to Yuri's Rin, see her entry.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: One of the Silver Dwarves, who are known for their short stature, silver hair, and being Guides.
- Precision F-Strike: He utters one at 2nd Floor when Yuri threw him down from cliffs while others present lampshading someone really needs to utter those words. The word crazy, I mean.
- — Evan: "YOU DAMN 'CRAZY PRINCESS!!!"
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Poor sod; he got saddled with one of the worst.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: He is ranked higher than Yuri.
- Though according to the author, Guides (like Evan) are generally weaker at combat, while Yuri appears to be a combat-focused Fisherman, so she might still be tougher than him in a fight.
- His higher ranking is most likely due to his influence as Chief Guide of Zahard Royalty.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Yuri's red.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: While Yuri isn't as big as other examples, Evan is one of the smallest people to have appeared.