Warning! Tropes and character descriptions will contain spoilers!
Main Characters (Twenty-Fifth Bam) | Organizations (FUG, Wolhaiksong) | Regulars (First Batch, Second Batch, Third Batch, Fourth Batch, Fifth Batch) | Rankers | Irregulars | Jahad Empire (Princesses of Jahad, 13 Month Series) | Floor Guardians | Others
Character page for Tower of God's other huge organization, Wolhaiksong.
Founded by Urek Mazino and his friend Baek Ryun, Wolhaiksong is an organization created out of the desire to find a way to break out of the Tower and, while not much is known about the organization, it appears as though they have a large amount of supporters to the point where the 10 Great Families of the Tower have grown cautious of them. They are technically not antagonistic towards the Jahad Empire, however their goal inherently clashes with the laws that were instated by Jahad, thus making them come at odds. Considered more of a social club rather than an actual organization.
Tower Position: Fisherman
Urek is an Irregular that entered after Phantaminum and Enryu (possibly tracking down Phantaminum) and climbed the Tower in just 50 years, a fraction of the time a normal Ranker takes. Urek is currently the 4th strongest and the strongest active Ranker (with Phantaminum and Enryu's whereabouts unknown and Jahad in hibernation). He is the most recent Ranker to enter the Top 5.
He is one of the co-founders of Wolhaiksong, a group that has influence comparable to that of the 10 Great Families. Combined with his unmatched strength, Urek's every move influences the future of the Tower.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Garam detests the idea of being with Mazino, and wastes no time in telling him that.
- Always Someone Better: Phantaminum. And it pisses him off.
- Arc Villain: Towards Viole and Sweet and Sour during the Flower of Zigena Story Arc. Though it turns out later on that the 21st Floor Test Administrator, Noma, was the true villain.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Of course, he can back it up; he obliterates Karaka with a single finger and not even 1% of his full power.
- Attention Whore: Seriously, he could probably out-spotlight-hog most Princesses, given half a chance to mug for a camera. Even with a small audience of soon-to-be-victims, he showboats every move he can.
- Big Damn Heroes: His whole role in the Floor of Death boils down to this Up to Eleven.
- Blood Knight: Boasts that a thousand Rankers should be brought to face him instead of three so he won't feel embarrassed to talk about it later. He also greatly approves of Viole standing his ground and not running away from him.
- Boisterous Bruiser: He loves having a good time (read "getting out and causing havoc"), and his off-the-wall energy levels are hell on other people. Hence, some of the ribbing he gets.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is goofy and sometimes a Butt-Monkey. However, he is the strongest high ranker, second only to King Jahad.
- Calling Your Attacks: His Emperor's Scorching Fist of Death, particularly. Notable since Viole successfully managed to learn it after seeing Urek use it; but, he outright refuses to add it to his repertoire as-is, since he finds the name too embarrassing.
- The Ditz: It's not that he's completely thick, spaced-out or unplugged-in (you can't afford to be, in the Tower), but... well... you get the impression he needs assistance to think in straight lines and/or to stay grounded a lot of the time. He's bright enough to know that, too, even if he does slip his Winged Tree crew from time to time.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: While there are quite a few people who recognize Mazino for his power, the rest of his inner circle sees him as a frivolous, boisterous blowhard. One time he was even believed to have done shady business to Bam, using his Casanova Wannabe tendencies as an excuse.
- The Dreaded: People are terrified to face him in battle, knowing he can easily obliterate anyone. However, he also has a reputation as some kind of a pervert, causing some of the reactions he gets from new people to be... worried in a less than respectful manner.
- In-Series Nickname: The Winged Tree Organization still calls him Urek Loser-no, Loser-rek Mazino, U-Loser Mental Mazino-seon ever since he got owned by the deputy head of the Ranking Office. Of course, no one in the series thus far has dared to call him that to his face.
- Hellish Pupils: Red vertically slit pupils.
- Lightning Bruiser: All High Rankers are most likely this at minimum, but Urek is famous for being one.
- Mr. Fanservice: Is there a reason he doesn't wear a shirt?
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: He acknowledges that giving Hell Joe the Red Thryssa wasn't a good idea due to it taking over Joe and corrupting his lofty goals.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His design is clearly inspired by Eminem, although he's actually not that good at rapping according to Word of God...
- Rated M for Manly: He is popular with guys, but unpopular with women, precisely because he so thoroughly embodies this trope.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Damn creepy ones... until he starts being his dude-bro self at you. That greatly mitigates the effect.
- Space Compression: As a power. He once shrunk an entire forest and put in a suit case. Then carried it all the way to the 77th Floor upon which he re-expanded the forest.
- Super Speed: Fastest flash-step so far seen; he went from standing still to being in the middle of kicking a Ranker in the back of the head from one panel to the next.
- Sympathy for the Devil: For Hell Joe in the Floor of Death arc. Even after learning what kind of man he'd become after receiving the Red Thryssa, Mazino has nothing but sympathy for him and even offers to help him off of the Floor of Death. Mazino once admired Joe's aspirations for greatness, and agreed with how unfair the election process that broke Joe was—even at the end he still thinks Joe can rise up again. It's that same sympathy that made Joe turn away from Mazino altogether when his emotions were at rock bottom, seeing it as Condescending Compassion for an opponent he completely trounced.
- The Magnificent: Ray Barracuda due to his incredibly aggressive and powerful but impossibly fast fighting style.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: In his debut. This was, perhaps, purely to show off his tattoo.
- World's Strongest Man: He refers to himself as this, even though he technically isn't.note
- Worthy Opponent: For Arie Hon and Khun Edahn, Khun Aguero's father.
- Unrequited Love: For Garam Jahad, no less.
Tower Position: Scout
A defector of the Khun family, Hachuling is a Ranker member of Wolhaiksong that accompanied Yuri and Evan on their 2nd Floor expedition.
Hachuling oversaw the Workshop Battle task he was originally assigned by Yuje that he eventually passed onto Lero-Ro and Quant after the two of them came looking for him on the 77th Floor.
- Black Sheep: Rejects his family for a separatist group feared by the Ruling Class.
- Con Man: He's a Khun, after all. Unlike his Serious Business younger brother, however, he does it to simply relieve his boredom or amuse himself.
- Geek: Hardcore gamer to the extent he ended up setting up an arcade for fun on the 77th Floor, which, due to its location, sees very little customers.
- The Gadfly: Has a lot of this about him, and it mostly comes off as It Amused Me rather than For the Evulz. Trolling little bro down a few pegs was for a purpose, after all. And, Quant, well... why not?
- Gentleman Snarker: He's got snark, brains, privilege, connections, and plenty of laziness to shift "tedious" tasks onto others.
- Loveable Rogue: To a tee.
- Manipulative Bastard: Again, he's a Khun. It's pretty much their thing (unless your name is Ran). He certainly manipulated Quant (not hard) and Lero-Ro (much harder) into doing donkey work without breaking a sweat.
- Playful Hacker: Though a Scout, he is perfectly capable of hacking into Lighthouses.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars when he surprises Quant with the Death Star he built.
Voiced by: Itaru Yamamoto (Japanese)
Tower Position: Wave Controller, Cutter
One of the Wolhaiksong Rankers that accompanied Yuri and Evan on their expedition to the 2nd Floor.
- Ambiguously Brown: One of the few brown-skinned characters in the series.
- The Big Guy: He is over 4 meters tall and a physical powerhouse in a fight with a giant hammer.
- Blood Knight: Mark his words, he loves war.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Kurdan easily crushes Ren Lo Po Bia with a single swing of his hammer.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: White-hair with brown-skin.
- Drop the Hammer: His primary means of fighting is with a giant hammer. Not only that, as a Cutter he can make the impact hit what ever coordinates he pleases, making him a missile launcher.
- Literal-Minded: When the dwarvish Evan complains about Kurdan looking down on him, he literally gets down on his belly (and still reaches to Evan's hips).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has red eyes.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a three-fingered claw-like scar across his face.
- Weapon of Choice: A giant hammer.
A Wolhaiksong Ranker who serves as Urek's assistant. Yuje is usually seen alongside Urek wherever the Irregular decides to go.
- Big Damn Heroes: Thanks to Yeon Ehwa's flames shielding her and Danhwa for a brief moment, Yuje was able to go in and save the two of them before they died off to Yuri's overwhelming Rose Shower attack at Name Hunt Station when she was trying to kill off Karaka.
- The Mole: Yuje infiltrated the 21st Floor as a test supervisor in order to help Urek deal with the Zigena scandal.
- Number Two: Appears to serve as Urek's right-hand man as the two are usually seen together whenever they appear in the story.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has black-hair and pale-white skin.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a nice-looking black suit.
- Undying Loyalty: To Urek.