Characters from the manga Red River (1995).
Voiced by Minami Takayama (CD Drama)
Yuri was a Japanese highschool student and led a normal life, until she began to notice the strange phenomenon of water attempting to suck her into a whirlpool. She does her best to avoid being in contact with water anymore than necessary, but ends up pulled through a puddle and finds herself in the Hittite Empire of ancient Turkey.
She learns that she was summoned by Queen Nakia, the current queen and Tawannana of the Empire, who plans to make her a human sacrifice to place a curse on most of the princes, so she can place her own son as the next ruling king. Fortunately, her plan ended up thwarted by Yuri coming into contact with Kail, who ends up promising to protect her from the queen and get her home.
Kail claims Yuri to have been sent by the gods, calling her an incarnation of the Goddess of Love and War, Ishtar, to ensure that she'll be permitted to join him during battles. Yuri does prove to bring fortune to the Hittites on the battlefield, and becomes a symbol and worshipped by the citizens of the Empire, leading to her being called Yuri Ishtar.
- 100% Adoration Rating: The people of the Hittite Empire love her. When she gets stung by a non-fatal scorpion, a horde of the towns people head towards the palace with all sorts of cures and remedies.
- Action Survivor: Relies more on wits and her kind heart than on physical strength, but she does learn swordsmanship and archery. She's also rather agile due to having been a gymnast in Japan. She ends up being named Commander-in-Chief of the Hittite military.
- All-Loving Hero: Her kindness and pluck gains her quite a lot of devoted followers.
- Barrier Maiden: Nakia sees her as one, since her blood is the key for the curse she wants to cast.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Although she appears very fragile and definitely isn't one to start a confrontation, pushing her shows that Yuri can be incredibly fierce. When the princesses arrive to be prospective wives or concubines to Kail, she cowers and feels inferior to them because of her lack of social standing. But when their bullying and pranks go too far, and could physically harm Kail, she bares her teeth.
- Bifauxnen: Many people initially mistake her for being a boy, since she tends to wear clothes intended for younger boys for the sake of movement, and her being skinnier than the average Hittite girl.
- Big Brother Instinct: Gains one towards Tito, the servant boy who became her first friend. She doesn't take well to Queen Nakia using him as her pawn, having him slated for execution because he attempted to kill Yuri while brainwashed, and is heartbroken when Tito ends up brutally murdered.
- Big Entrance: Her reappearance after being kidnapped by Urhi had her burst out of the spring, having swum through a channel that connected the spring to the outside.
- Conflicting Loyalties: Desperately wants to return to her family, but also fights with herself because of her growing feelings for Kail, and feeling like she cannot leave without settling things with Nakia.
- Cool Big Sis: Becomes one to Alexandra, who even calls her 'Sister'.
- Damsel in Distress: Justified in the beginning, as she's a regular schoolgirl without any self-defense training that got thrown into the warrior empire of the Hittites.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: From the 20th century AD stuck in 14th century BC.
- Guile Hero: Manages to outwit her opponents multiple times.
- Heroic BSoD
- Fell into one upon hearing that Ursula took the blame of King Arnuwanda's assassination, so that Yuri would be freed of suspicion, and was appalled that nobody around her seemed to care.
- Part of the Egypt arc has her become apathic from having miscarried.
- Hollywood Homely: Many people in ancient Turkey consider her to be plain and uninteresting, since she lacked the height and voluptuous figure that was considered beautiful at the time.
- Hot Consort: Poses as Kail's concubine for most of the series. Ends up becoming his legal wife.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kail can easily pick her up and carry her around.
- I Choose to Stay: Chooses to remain in ancient Turkey, eventually becoming the Commander-in-Chief of the Hittite army, as well as getting married to Kail.
- Idiot Ball
- Despite having just survived an assassination attempt by Queen Nakia, she chooses to infiltrate her personal quarters to get her clothes back mere hours after. She's quickly overpowered, and only Tito's distraction and sacrifice kept her safe.
- Hearing there's a fake Ishtar going around and acting in ways that end up damaging Kail's reputation, Yuri hurries off to put an end to it by confronting the impostor, despite having no proof that she's the real concubine of Kail. Nobody recognizes her, and she ends up imprisoned. Kail even mentions that this whole thing could have been prevented, had she just presented herself as a princess to begin with.
- Lady of War: Seen as the incarnation of Ishtar, the Goddess of War.
- Nice to the Waiter: Her maids are viewed by her as her best friends and sisters, trusting them with everything. When she's in Egypt, the other maids are shocked that she doesn't demand one of them get whipped or starved for spilling water on her dress.
- Older Than They Look: Gets mistaken as being younger than she actually is. Even Kail initially assumed she was a preteen, and was surprised to hear she was 15 years old. One sidestory reveals her to have been the real-life Gassulawiya, Tawannana of the Empire for more than a decade, with a teenaged son of her own, and looking young enough to be his older sister.
- Pregnant Badass: Despite having been unaware of it at the time, she was pregnant during the Beida arc.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Many people are awestruck when they see Yuri dressed up.
- Shipper on Deck: Happily ships Kash and Ursula, as well as Ryuhi, Kikkuri, and Shala.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Believes her romance with Kail to be this, as she's originally from 20th century Japan and is set on returning home. Averted, when she chooses to stay with Kail in ancient Turkey.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Feels more comfortable in clothes meant for younger boys because of the freedom of movement, and prefers to practice her fighting skills than getting oil baths from her maids. But she still has romantic views on love and marriage that she carried over from modern times.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: When the princesses put scorpions into her bed the night that Kail was planning to sleep in her room, Yuri storms into the room the princesses are in and throws the dead scorpions at them. They can treat her however they want, but their actions had better not endanger Kail.
- Weak, but Skilled: Lacks physical strength in fighting, but it's her general wits and agility that often helps her dodge danger and survive in a war-stricken time.
The Suzuki Family (Mr. and Mrs. Suzuki, Mari Suzuki, Eimi Suzuki)
- Affectionate Nickname: Eimi calls Yuri "Yuu-chan".
- Good Parents: The Suzukis seem to be rather nice people who love their three girls dearly.
- He Is All Grown Up: Sorta. We get to see him as an adult: he and Eimi are married, and he had grown into an archeologist.
The Royal Family of Hattusa
Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue (CD Drama)
- 100% Adoration Rating: Although not always to quite the fanatical degree that Yuri inspires in subjects and strangers alike.
- Bastard Boyfriend There's no doubt that he really loves Yuri but sometimes can be extremely possessive and demanding to the point of nearly raping her despite her pleas to stop...
- Blow You Away: Has wind powers that he inherited from his Missing Mom Henti.
- Handsome Lech: His first appearance in the series has him hide Yuri by passionately kissing her. When the guards leave, he offers to continue because the girl he was supposed to be meeting never showed up.
- Ladykiller in Love: His ladykiller tendencies are more of an informed attribute, but he certainly has the attitude of one before he falls for Yuri.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: He's has had many relationships with women, however none have been long-lasting. He has vowed to only take one legal wife, and since he's all but assured to be the next king, he wants to make sure that said wife has the goodness, intelligence, and inner strength to handle holding the second-most powerful position in the kingdom. At one point, Princess Guzel tells Yuri that Kail never actually fell asleep with any of the women he was with, Guzel herself included, implicitly because he wasn't able to let down his guard enough. Therefore, the fact that Kail is willing to sleep with Yuri in both senses (as in, having sex with her and spending the night in her room) is very telling.
- Nice to the Waiter: He handpicks servants who prove themselves to be loyal, and more or less considers them his closest friends.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Notable as one of few rules who gives a damn about what happens to his subjects.
- Warrior Prince: Rides into battle multiple times or even goes into combat solo.
Voiced by: Yuriko Yamaguchi and Misa Watanabe (CD Drama)
- Big Bad: In every arc, she carries out some plan to kill Yuri and make Juda the king.
- Blood Magic: Intends to sacrifice Yuri and use her blood to cast a spell, ensuring that Kail will die and Juda will become king. Yuri's mere presence becomes a huge drawback to her plans.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Averted. She is fully aware of how Kail and Yuri's bond works and uses it to her full advantage whenever she can. She does have her moments when she realizes that Kail loves Yuri so deeply, he would have her executed as a Human Sacrifice to bring Yuri back... She nearly crumbles under the pressure.
- Freudian Excuse Is No Excuse: Even upon learning her sad backstory (being forced to marry the old king who ruined her homeland by her neglectful father), Yuri expresses little-to-no sympathy for her, basically saying that it does nothing to excuse her schemes that have gotten many people killed.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: She is the Queen, and the Big Bad of the series who tries to kill Yuri.
- Hidden Weapons: She has a ring where she hides a poisoned needle.
- Lady of Black Magic: A cunning, ruthless queen with magical poisons and power over water and Blood Magic.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Trying to kill Kail before he could save Yuri led to Rusafa Taking the Bullet to save him, dying in the process. The death of Rusafa drove Juda into such a grief-fueled rage that he tried to kill his own mother, and after he was stopped, he renounced his right to the throne, destroying her plans completely and permanently.
- Making a Splash: She has control over water.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: In her backstory. She was forced by her father to marry the king of the empire that ruined her homeland of Babylonia (and who was old enough to be her own father), and was left lonely and homesick in a strange land, while her husband was more interested in the wives he already had. But after a few years, the scared teenage girl grew into the Big Bad.
- Wicked Stepmother: She is very wicked, to the point of being the Big Bad of the series. Notably, Nakia has pretty much no love for any of her family, biological or otherwise. It's revealed from the start that she wants to use black magic to kill off her stepchildren so that her own son, Juda, can take the throne, but it's also hinted that her love for Juda is centered around her desire to have her bloodline rule Hattusa in revenge for her Arranged Marriage to the king of the empire that ruined her homeland. She shows no affection for her husband and, when her brother is horrified to learn the various things she's done, she coolly threatens to kill him if he reveals her plans. She also kills her own niece, just to try to frame Yuri.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: She used to be a scared teenage girl whose father (the ruler of Babylon) ordered her to marry the king of Hattusa. Nakia was not happy about this, because Hattusa had invaded Babylon not so long ago, the marriage was blatantly using her as a political pawn, and the king was old enough to be her father. She goes through with it and ends up in a strange land, with a husband who has no interest in her at all. Lonely and angry, she ends up vowing to have a son and see to it that he becomes the next king, to ensure her bloodline continues to rule the land. By the time Yuri has arrived, Nakia occupies the second-most powerful position in the kingdom (which she achieved by poisoning Kail's mother) and is using every scheme she can think of to kill her stepsons and husband. As the series goes on, it's clear that she's willing to drive the entire land to ruin if it means getting what she wants, but she's completely and utterly alone the entire time, save for her right-hand man. Even her own son turns on her at the end, thanks to her insanity, and her ultimate fate is a Cruel Mercy: she's allowed to live in a nice villa, while knowing that she owes it to Yuri and Kail, who intend for her to witness how the Hittite Empire blossoms and flourishes without her in power.
Voiced by: Tessho Genda (CD Drama)
- Retired Badass: Sorta. He has fought and won several wars, but when we meet him he's already an old man.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: She's depicted as a really sweet and kind person in flashbacks.
- Missing Mom: Kail's. In history, itself it's not clear why she disappeared, but historians speculate that she was banished away to "make room" for the Babylonian princess Mal-Nikal (the historical inspiration for Nakia) In the manga itself, however, Henti was killed by Nakia.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Itou (CD Drama)
- Inadequate Inheritor: While not exactly an idiot, Arnuwanda is not in physical condition to reign so his full-brother Kail and half-brother Zannanza have to help him. When he does becomes the King, he appoints Kail as his heir as he still has no children of his own.
- Sacrificial Lion: His murder is committed by Urhi, but Yuri gets blamed. Ursula then willingly takes the blame to save Yuri, and is executed in her place.
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (CD Drama)
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Becomes this after unwittingly drinking Nakia's Rose Water. It leads to him abducting Yuri, carrying her across the desert with no food or water, and attempting to rape her.
- Doomed by Canon: Sadly, anyone who knows about the historical Zannanza can tell you there was never any chance of him marrying the Egyptian princess...
- Heroic Bastard: Son of the King and a palace maid.
- If I Can't Have You...: Acts this way towards Yuri, but only after drinking the Rose Water.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: For both Yuri (who he secretly pines for) and Kail (who he loves as a brother). As much as he wishes Yuri were his, he doesn't want to hurt them by breaking the two apart.
Prince Juda Haspasrupi
Voiced by: Ikue Otani (CD Drama)
- Abdicate the Throne: Towards the end of the series, he does this to, once and for all, bring a stop to Nakia's attempts at having her bloodline rule the Hittite Empire.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Despite being 14, he's so cute that he pulls this very well.
- Break the Cutie: The poor kid really gets dragged through a lot of crap, thanks to his mom's plans.
- Calling the Old Man Out: After Rusafa's death, Juda breaks down and tries to kill Nakia right there, and when he's stopped, he publically calls her out on her bullshit, then renounces to his own right to the throne.
- Creepy Child: After he's forced by his mother to drink the Black Water and becomes Brainwashed.
- He Is All Grown Up: One of the illustrations in the last volume shows his adult self.
- Kid-anova: Already has a wife and at least two concubines at age 14. Few later, he marries Alexandra.
- Mama's Baby, Papa's Maybe: As Nakia loses power, people begin to gossip more and more openly about how they think her son, Juda, is actually Urhi's son with her; the fact that Juda and Urhi have exactly the same hair color and that Urhi is the person closest to Nakia really don't help matters. It turns out Juda really is the king's legitimate son; Urhi is a eunuch and was castrated quite a while before he even met Nakia.
- Modest Royalty: He's a really sweet kid and doesn't want to reign, aspiring to be his beloved half-brother Kail's Number Two.
- Unwitting Pawn: More than once, but in a subversion he plays the role mostly when brainwashed by his own mom.
Princess Nepis Ilra
The Royal Family's Entourage
Voiced by: Katsumi Toriumi and Takahiro Sakurai (CD Drama)
- Driven to Suicide: Kills himself while revealing that he murdered Arnuwanda and saying he did it alone to not have Nakia brought down.
- Eunuchs Are Evil: He was forcibly made a eunuch when he was a child, because he was the Sole Survivor of the royal family of a kingdom that was conquered, and the conquerors didn't want to risk him having heirs. He only reveals that he's a eunuch towards the end of the series, when it's necessary to clear up rumors that he's secretly Juda's father.
- The Faceless: He stays this for several chapters.
- Fallen Princess: Was a nobleman from a conquered kingdom, then was subjected to Cold-Blooded Torture and rape, and 'then'' he was taken to the Hittite Empire as a priest.
- Groin Attack: He was castrated as a youngster. He has to reveal it to clear Nakia from the accusation of having cheated on the King with him.
- The Kingslayer: He's the one who killed Arnuwanda.
- Subordinate Excuse: He is fiercely loyal to Nakia, to the point of attempting to bite his own tongue off when interrogated for answers. Even after countless failed attempts to kill Yuri, Nakia still keeps him around.
Voiced by: Hiro Yuki (CD Drama)
- Cynicism Catalyst: His death is what makes Yuri become mentally stronger and more determined to fight against Nakia, and while his three sisters want revenge at first, they then become devoted to Yuri.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: So much that Yuri is reminded of her little sister when she sees him.
- I Owe You My Life: Becomes devoted to Yuri when she saves him from being executed for trying to kill her while brainwashed.
Voiced by: Ai Orikasa (CD Drama)
- Berserk Button: In Kikkuri's Missing Days, we see it's not a good idea to refer to her as a "court lady".
- Big Brother Instinct:
- Upon finding out that Kikuri has been romantically/sexually involved with both of her sisters, to the point of getting one pregnant (and later the other), she coolly tells him that he'd better set about looking after both the twins.
- Also, when Yuri screamed Hadi's name when Kail was about to rape her, Hadi swallowed her fears and went to help her, managing to get to Kail's head so he would stop. To put it on perspective: Hadi could have been seriously punished, if not executed, for standing up to one of the highest-ranked members of the Hittite royalty, but she managed to set her well-justified fright aside and protected Yuri when she needed it.
- You Killed My Father: She and the twins initially were angry at Yuri as they blamed her for Tito's death. The fact that Urhi egged them on didn't help. When the real killer is revealed, the three girls pledge themselves to Yuri instead.
Ryuhi and Shala
Voiced by: Chiemi Chiba and Machiko Toyoshima (Ryuhi, CD Drama) and Yukiko Fujikawa (Shala, CD drama)
- Always Identical Twins: So much that only Hadi and Yuri can distinguish them.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (CD Drama)
Voiced by: Haruki Sayama (CD Drama)
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially evident when Kail finally emerges from his room after he and Yuri spend at least four days making love.Ilbani: Oh, your Majesty. Long time no see.
- Guile Hero: He's very good at outwitting his opponents. To the point where he manages to capture Urhi, preserve vital evidence to dethroning Nakia, and free Juda from the Black Water mind control, all in one fell swoop and with some planning.
- Letting His Hair Down: As a "disguise" when he tries to capture Urhi.
- The Smart Guy: He's well aware that he's better off using his brains to serve Kail, rather than physical weapons.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- Several times to Kail, most notably when Kail is seriously considering riding to save Yuri from Nakia's forces (which, since Yuri was under suspicion of assassinating the king, would lead to Kail getting in trouble and possibly ruining his chances at being the great king he dreamed of), Illbani threatens to slit his own throat. His reasoning is that he has served Kail faithfully, wanting desperately to see Kail fulfill his dream of making the empire great. If Kail will throw that all away, he has no reason to live.
- This is generally his reaction after Kail freaks out on the idea of Yuri going back to Japan and tries to rape her.
Voiced by: Yuko Nagashima (CD Drama)
- Body Double: Sorta, as she's introduced as a "false Ishtar" by Nakia.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: She lies and pretends that she assassinated King Aruwanda, even though she knows that she'll be immediately executed. She happily dies knowing that by acting as a fake target, she has averted suspicion of the crime from Yuri, and thus given Kail grounds to call of Nakia's attempts to capture her.
- Face Death with Dignity: As she's in the gallows, Ursula keeps her cool even when Ryuhi and Shala are desperately attempting to stop her execution. She then thinks of Yuri and the future of the Empire, and calmly tells her executioner that she's ready to die. And she is.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Willingly goes Taking the Heat so Yuri won't be unfairly executed for the murder of King Arnuwanda.
- Gold Digger: At first, she is happy to pose as a Rich Bitch to ruin Yuri's reputation, and tries to seduce Kail to ensure a lifetime of luxury. But when she fails and Kail asks asks why she bothered, even though it should have been obvious the whole plan was doomed to failure, Ursula breaks down and tells him her Dark and Troubled Past; her entire family died of The Plague and, after having been so hungry and poor her whole life, she was desperate to live as nobility, even for a small while.
- Important Haircut: Right before being hanged, Ursula takes Kash's dagger and cuts her hair to give it to Kash. It becomes a Tragic Keepsake as he keeps a long braid made of it after she dies.
- Lady-in-Waiting: Yuri takes her in as one of these.
- Plucky Girl: When push comes to shove, Ursula shows noticeable bravery. Enough to give her life away to help Yuri without hesitation.
- Shipper on Deck: Once Ursula becomes Yuri's companion, she ships her with Kail hard. To the point of beating up Kash when he cracks jokes about Kail and Guzel.
- What Could Have Been: In-Universe, when she's about to be executed, she tells Kash about how they might have gotten married and had a family together, like she'd hoped. In this way, Ursula manages to tell Kash how much she loves him before refusing to escape with him; Kash accepts this and they share a Last Kiss as well as a Tragic Keepsake giving.
Voiced by: Shigeru Shibuya and Masaya Takatsuka (CD Drama)First Chief of Archers, then promoted to be Yuri's Deputy Commander-in-Chief.
- All Love Is Unrequited: He's in love with Yuri. Hathor Nefert likes him and flat-out begs him to marry her, even saying that she doesn't care if he continues to love Yuri in a hero-worship way, if he'll love her as a mortal woman. Nothing still can come of it.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Takes a knife In the Back from Nakia to keep her from sending Yuri away in space and time as her last resort.
Voiced by: Koji Yusa and Hideo Ishikawa (CD Drama)Chief of Chariots, he's essentially the cavalry leader.
- Tragic Keepsake: Before her execution, Ursula gives Kash a braid of her hair. He uses it as a headband until Ursula is exonerated post-mortem.
- Dramatically Missing the Point: He was envious of Shubas being promoted sooner than he did, neglecting the fact that Shubas was promoted out of necessity rather than it being meritorious at the time.
- Driven by Envy: He becomes The Mole because he was promised a promotion, which he wanted badly due to resenting his companion Shubas's faster prowess.
- The Mole: Leaked vital info about the military to Nakia, who then sent it to the Egyptians.
Voiced by: Toshihiko Seki and Takehito Koyasu (CD Drama)
- All Love Is Unrequited: Yuri makes it very clear that she doesn't return Ramses's affections. That doesn't stop him from trying to forcibly take her back to Egypt with him, though.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: In his own words, this is one of the reasons why he likes her.Ramses: [as he lays atop of a half-naked Yuri at some point and right before Kail pulls a Big Damn Heroes ]: "Remember, I must have whatever I want".
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Ramses makes it clear that he's loyal to Egypt, and has very little respect for the politicians and aristocrats who waste their time on luxury, while the country goes downhill. He also becomes very angry when he finds out that some unknown Egyptian aristocrat has been learning secrets about the Hittite military and keeping them to him or herself, and thus preventing the Pharaoh from acting on said secrets.
Princess Hathor Nefert
- All Amazons Want Hercules: One of the reasons she wants Rusafa to be her lover is how strong and powerful he is.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Is very fond of walking around topless, much to the embarrassment of the Hittite characters and Yuri. This actually saves them at one point, when the heroes are trying to follow a suspicious man via boat. When it looks like he knows what they're up to, Nefert goes Skinny Dipping... making the suspect decide that they must just be a group of bored noblemen on an outing.
- Arranged Marriage: After the death of her husband, Tuthankhamen, she was supposed to marry a Hitite prince, but the deal fell off. She later has to marry the much older Ay.
- Adaptational Wimp: The historical Horemheb was a highly capable general and administrator, credited with re-establishing Egypt as a power after the Succession Crisis of Tutankhamen. In the manga he's an ineffective Puppet King whose repeatedly outmaneuvered by just about everyone.
- Puppet King: To Taptukia aka Nefertiti. note
- BrotherSister Incest: She and her brother Mattiwaza were lovers when they were younger.
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget: When Yuri confronts her, she tries to bring Nefertiti to her senses by showing her the earring she gave to her brother as a keepsake, many years ago. Nefertiti has no clue what it is, until Yuri tells her of its significance.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: A good many comparisons are draw between her and Queen Nakia, especially near the end of the series.
- Historical In-Joke: At the end of her story arc, an artist sculpting a bust of her tries to think of a material that could best be used to do justice to her eyes. Nefertiti gives him a black onyx earring to use, but only has one. Thus, he's only able to finish one of the eyes. When he laments that the bust will be incomplete, she tells him not to worry because she highly doubts anyone would bother looking at such a thing. The bust, naturally, is one of the most famous artifacts from Egypt, and the manga tells how people in modern times still have no idea why one of the eyes was incomplete.
Voiced by: Kenyuu Horiuchi (CD drama)
- BrotherSister Incest: He is the brother and ex-lover of Taptukia. It's all but stated that his fall in ruthlessness came from his utter pain upon seeing her go from a sweet girl to an Ice Queen.
- Red Baron: Called the "Prince of Darkness" for his ruthless demeanor and behavior at war
Voiced by: Miyuki Ishizuka (CD Drama)
- Mama's Baby, Papa's Maybe: A princess who had once been Kail's lover, she insists that he's the father of her child. Because Kail's inline for the throne and having an heir would be beneficial to him, there is a lot of pressure for him to accept the child as his own... but Kail himself knows that it's impossible that he's the boy's father, because he and Güzel haven't seen each other for years. It turns out Güzel had been brainwashed by Kail's Wicked Stepmother, Nakia, into lying about her child's parentage. Upon being woken up, she readily admits that the father was a Wandering Minstrel and that the idea that Kail was the father was preposterous.
Voiced by: Shouko Kikuchi (CD Drama)
- Genki Girl: Except for her first appearance, she's almost always happy and energetic.
- Made a Slave: Averted. She's the princess of the Arzawa lands; when her mother the Queen was told how a "young boy" had been conquering their towns left and right, Alexandra snuck out and offered herself to "serve" Yuri (implicitly in a sexual manner), genuinely but very misguidedly hoping to help her mom and people. Naturally, Yuri had no intention of keeping her for such a reason, and decided to make her one of her ladies-in-waiting instead.
- Puppy Love: Subverted - she and Juda do get together, but only after they stop being young enough to fit the trope.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Aspires to be this, wishing at one point that she could join Yuri on the battle field. Ilbani tells her that, Yuri aside, princesses shouldn't go to war. He then goes to prove, via a very clever ploy that resolves three significant plot threads, that anyone can be helpful without having to swing a sword.
- She Is All Grown Up: Her older self and an adult!Juda show up in an illustration. Adult Alexandra is gorgeous.