A list of the current annotators...and growing.
CurtDoggAnnotator since- CTRL+Alt+Del: The Animated Series
Main uploader from CTRL+Alt+Del: The Animated Series - Street Fighter note
The friendly man who started it all by creating the channel and uploading CRTL+ALT+DEL. He was once the main uploader and one of the primary annotators before unofficially leaving at the near start of The AnnotateXperiment.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Big Good
- The Hero
- Funny Afro
- Passing the Torch: Didn't make the jump to TheAnnotateXperiment for various reasons. He now runs a Nintendo-focused gaming channel.
- Put on a Bus: After collaborative annotations ended.
- The Bus Came Back very briefly when he returned on the forums.
- Once again came back, now full time on the Discord group.
- The Bus Came Back very briefly when he returned on the forums.
IrrevelentAnnotator since- Street Fighter note
- Remember Irrelevant: be careful what you wish for.
Annotation Color: Black
Energetic and rather silly Annotator with a passion for writing. Gained a reputation as a troll when he uploaded The Nutshack and Beauty and Warrior.
- Attention Whore
- Author Appeal: Giant robots, Guyver, Paradise Lost, and things like character development and continuity nods.
- Bald of Evil: Revealed during his fanfiction video. He is both bald and shaves his head.
- Berserk Button: Child molesters and rapists in general, female characters that are just 'the female character', friendship being told and not shown, the Nutshack and extremists of any sort.
- The Bus Came Back: Unofficially retired since Super Show, but returned during Archie's Weird Mysteries.
- The Chick: Contacted as many people as possible to rally around Avirosb after sharing annotations ended.
- The Lancer: When Avirosb is the hero.
- Dude, Not Funny!!: Rape gets under his skin very quickly and was upset when Santa cried during the Christmas Comes to Pac-Land.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Could not bring himself to mock Bouchedags. Hypocritical considering he finds Nutshack even worse and only because it has old men with constant boners. Nor could he taunt Jay's Life because he could sympathize with that young teenager attitude of 'lol this is funny!' Also Bouchedags, Nutshack and CAD had actual money involved so they could apparently be mocked. If he tries to force a running gag and people hate it he'll fess up and apologize too.
- He also found Tricky People especially disturbing.
- Fat Bastard: He's slimming down.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Often wants and typically gets vodka during the worst stuff.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He has no illwill toward the Annotators, but plays along as the Token Evil Teammate.
- Once Done, Never Forgotten: His fellow annotators will never forget him wanting The Nutshack and Beauty and Warrior (even if he didn't upload them himself).
- Real Men Wear Pink: Is not ashamed to admit he loves My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and citing Shrinking Violet Fluttershy as his favorite among the main cast.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Avirosb's blue.
- Shown Their Work: Having gone to culinary school he pointed out several problems with the extremely lax kitchen staff in Western Animation/Ratatoing.
- Token Evil Teammate: After learning how to upload videos he is not afraid to upload The Nutshack if he doesn't feel there aren't enough intermissions.
- Working Through the Cold: A broken ankle, in his case.
- Victory by Endurance
ReloadPsiAnnotator since April 2010, Season 2 of CTRL+Alt+Del: The Animated Series
Annotation Color: Light teal
Originally a small-time annotator. He gained more notoriety through his musical contributions, Easter Egg videos, April Fool's specials and group Twitter.
- Ascended Extra: He uploaded the "Daydream" music video, where he played bass. From there, he made plenty of strange videos for the channel, and eventually subbing in for Hurp by uploading at least ten episodes of Sonic Underground and Super Mario Brothers Super Show.
- Commuting on a Bus: Shows up for finales and the occasional intermission material ever since The Super Mario Bros Super Show! burned him out.
- The Heart: Wants to provide what he can for the channel, and cares for everyone's well-being.
- The Voice: Started uploading his vocalizations of the surf music songs during Captain N.
- Victory by Endurance
Mr. YoshbertAnnotator since- Dinosaur Adventure
Annotation Color: Yellow
An Annotator who also runs an official Tumblr dedicated to screencapping the series.
- Author Appeal: He's a big fan of the Super Mario Bros. series, which sometimes shows in the references he makes.
- Ascended Fanboy: Has been following the channel ever since the days of Sonic Underground.
ShiningPokeStarAnnotator since- The Flintbones
Annotation Color: Lime Green
- Black Humor: Uses it sometimes, such as her Driven to Suicide gag.
- Driven to Suicide: Used to frequently shoot herself during particularly horrible moments.
- Was briefly brought back in the April Fools 2016 special when 2014!Star shoots herself during the Robo-Koopa portion of the video, causing Current!Star to freak out.
- Genki Girl: Is bright and full of energy almost all the time.
- Ms. Fanservice: Plays this up for humor with Squick on occasion.
MagnumBill91Annotator since- Donkey Kong Country note
Annotation Color: Purple, formerly dark red
He wrote this entry.
- A Day in the Limelight: The final part of the last annotated Star Wars Droids episode was annotated entirely by him.
- Ascended Fanboy: Started watching during the Sonic Underground/Super Mario Bros. Super Show era. His first contribution to the series was a single guest annotation for the Season 2 premiere of Mega Man.
- Author Appeal: The ProStars episodes he annotated contain several references to the Detroit Red Wings.
- He used to reference "WARM UP TIME! FOLLOW THAT DOLPHIN!" from Wave Race 64 whenever he got the chance.
- Black Humor: Loves to use it whenever he can. It is now considered to be his main gimmick.
- Driven to Suicide: Tried to kill himself with cyanide and motor oil in Felix Saves Christmas.
- Tried to kill himself again with ShiningPokeStar's Running Gag gun during "Head Puns" from Donkey Kong Country, only to discover that she had finally used all the bullets.
- After the "It's a Wonderful Life" episode, he decides to take what he learned from the episode to heart. The result: shooting himself in the style of the aforementioned Running Gag and then getting berated by Star for stealing said gag.
- Tried to kill himself again with ShiningPokeStar's Running Gag gun during "Head Puns" from Donkey Kong Country, only to discover that she had finally used all the bullets.
- Forced Meme: During the second season of DKC, he tried to force a gag known as "Subliminal Season 1 Krusha." It originated from the infamous Ian Corlett-penned time stop episode. It was used in one later episode before getting the axe in an episode that debuted an original flash hit animation.
- He also forced a gag about K. Rool losing more and more of his Kritters due to his bad decisions that never really caught on.
- Sir Not Appearing In This Episode: Has a nasty habit of randomly disappearing and reappearing for periods of time, to the point where the other annotators have thought that he was dead on more than one occasion. He's been trying to fix this in recent times.
- His most noticeable example of doing this was being almost entirely absent during the much-loved riff of SaTAM's second season. He only annotated one episode and an 11-minute one at that.
NewStuffsAnnotator since- The Flintbones
Uploader of- Most Annoverse videos as of Kidd Video and The Adventures of Donkey Ollie
Annotation Color: Lemon Yellow
- A Day in the Limelight: Wrote the entire "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue for SatAM's second season by himself.
- Uploaded or created seven videos prior to becoming full-time uploader: episode 7 of Donkey Kong Country season 2 (due to Bry's unavailability); the channel's Sonic tribute, mentioned below; the 2016 April Fools video and four bi-weekly commercial compilationsnote .
- Animated the Halloween bumper shown before the Solbrain trailer.
- Also produced the two teaser trailers for the new annotation editor back when it was set to release in 2017.
- Created the teaser for the group's 10th anniversay retrospective.
- Canada, Eh?: Hails from there, and even uses 'eh' in some of his annotations.
- Comically Missing the Point: In the Woody Woodpecker and Rick Dees in Let's All Recycle!, he thought the three 'R's were "Rummage, Rape and Resuscitate".
- Genre Savvy: Often unintentional whenever he makes a joke, only for the show to immediately follow up on that.
- The Narrator: Usually takes on this role for scene transitions or other events when appropriate.
- Off-Model: Will normally be the one to joke about or point out some of the animation mistakes or oddities of the material presented.
- As Micheal Jordan, after the colors of his uniform change: "This just blues my stripe."
- On a Scale from One to Ten: Another recurring joke of his that featured in some of the earlier riffs he did.
- Painful Rhyme: Attempted this in the Fifth Anniversary's recap of The Night B4 Christmas. It went about as well as you'd expect.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Has attempted to pull this off on a few occasions, but either returns or gets rejected. Poked fun of this in the Jesus vs. Frosty video.
- "Oh wait."
- The Stoic: Is generally calm and collected, often to the point of Dull Surprise or Deadpan Snarker territory. Though he does have his moments.
- Seen It All: His general attitude invokes this at the same time as the above.
- Stylistic Suck: His tribute to the channel's involvement with Sonic media, done up to look like a typical Sonic AMV. Complete with cheesy effects and transitions.
- Take That Me: Mocks his (as of yet, still unseen) art skills in a fight scene during episode 6 of Speed Racer.
- Eventually turns to non-malicious Self-Deprecation in the Kirby episode "Cartoon Buffoon" where a caption "GUEST ANIMATED BY NEWSTUFFS" pops up during a scene containing poorly-drawn versions of Tiff and Tuff. In reference to the above-mentioned bumper.
CountsmegulaAnnotator since- ProStars
Annotation Color: Emerald Green
A gamer who makes Youtube Poop videos on his own channel.
- Ascended Fanboy: Started watching during The Legend of Zelda: The Annotated Series, did not join until Western Animation/Prostars due to college and work.
- Berserk Button: Is quick to rant and pick apart Plot-Induced Stupidity moments, and despises Sonya Blade with a burning passion. Also hates Aesops that devolve into Script Wank.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Plays up this trope for humor.
- The Mean Brit: Shows shades of this, but is mostly mellow.
- Pet the Dog: Likes to admit whenever something gets a laugh out of him, intentionally or not.
SkakoanScarecrowAnnotator since- The Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa
Main uploader of Plus since - Spectreman
Annotation Color: Light gray
Established Annotation Plus, and uploads things to that channel.—-
FattolerAnnotator since - Archie's Weird Mysteries
WombatAnnotator since- Q-Bert
- I might be six different people! Who the hell knows?
Annotation Color: Grey
The eternal everyman of the group, who mostly focuses on extremely dry observational humor. He'll readily plunge into Black Comedy when the situation calls for it, though. Claims himself as a shameless self-promoter.
- Ascended Fanboy
- Back from the Dead: Had a very long hiatus after YouTube got rid of annotations, and infrequently interacts with the rest of the community. Whenever he does pop up, people mistake him for a ghost.
- Camp Straight: Is pretty vocal about his opinions on (usually women's) fashion, and likes hot pink as a color.
- Commuting on a Bus: One of the worst cases. Back in the Annotation Station days, he'd disappear for months before returning for short bursts of activity. Then he had a particularly long one when Video Annie initially refused to work on his computer.
- Dirty Old Man: Loves making none-too-subtle innuendos.
- Dull Surprise: His default demeanor.
- Hopeless with Tech: He annotates on a ten-year old laptop running on a Windows Vista operating system. The new annotation system initially refused to work on it, but became barely functional after he thought to update Firefox.
- Running Gag: "Meanwhile, in [X]..." whenever major locations change.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Since returning to the Annoverse, his annotations have become more caustic and steeped with physical and verbal abuse towards annoying characters.
Byclosser/GokaiOrangeAnnotator since- CAD: The Reannotated Series
- "I just marathoned this shit, now I gotta watch another episode? The things I do for this group."
Annotation Color: Orange
Voice actor, script writer, and video editor. He also wrote his entry.
- Author Appeal: Tokusatsu, Sierra games, pinball, Saban Entertainment shows and the occasional Edutainment Game.
- He Also Did: Is the voice of Tenkuji Takeru in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: The Abridged Series.
- Shout-Out: His username stems from the relatively obscure tokusatsu Kyodai Ken Byclosser, while his YouTube moniker comes from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
Doktor Vic Tim
LolwutburgerAnnotator since- CAD: The Reannotated SeriesA cryptid of unknown origin. Usually lurks on DeviantArt. He's the little teal box guy who usually resides at the bottom left of videos.
- All Men Are Perverts: Likes his ladies a little bottom heavy.
- Ascended Fanboy: Used to be some nerd commenting on the videos.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Draws these as a hobby.
- Author Appeal: Hartman Hips, cartoons, weird things found in the depths of the internet, Hartman Hips, fast action fight scenes, rats, weird words, Hartman Hips, explosions, violence, super fighting robots, action girls... did we mention Hartman Hips?
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Known to have in one occassion, fried vegetables in chocolate.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Driven to Suicide: Shoots himself during the credits of Sonic's Schoolhouse. He is then mistaken to be the You're Not Perfect guy by one of the annotators.
- Funny Foreigner: Is Filipino, is funny.
- Hartman Hips: Obsessed with them.
- Self-Deprecation: Commonly refers to himself as a nerd or a cryptid, among others.
- Self-Fanservice: Guilty of this, as he would usually draw female characters with bigger hips than usual.
Annotation Color: Deep Sky Blue
A Mexican monkey delivering pizzas, but also spends time mocking cartoons with colored boxes. Also enjoys chatting with the annotators.
- Ascended Fanboy: Became exposed to the Annotated Series in mid-2015 after watching an annotated episode of Popeyeand Son. Joined the annotator lineup when the series relaunched due to his active presence within the community.
- Shout-Out: 50% of his humor derives from referencing pop culture. Cartoons, movies, games, online content, etc.
Grounder the Genius (AKA Grounder X)
- "I have a mental disorder that makes me obsess over inept goons."
Annotator since- "Let's Jab - Sonic's Schoolhouse"
Annotation Color: Dark Green with Black text, typically in the lower left corner.
A perpetually energetic young man from Texas with a burning passion for video games and nature.
- Ascended Fanboy: Stumbled upon the original CAD annotated series back in the beeupyou days and followed the series ever since, but never really got involved with the group until the revival, where he was soon brought onto the lineup.
- Author Appeal: Loves inept goons of all varieties and bombastic bad guys. Will also try to slip in Kingdom Hearts and Wonderful 101 references when appropriate. In terms of running gags from the annotators themselves, he enjoys when multiple riffers edit a show's title in different ways, resulting in a garbled mess.
- Berserk Button: Anything reaching deep into the Uncanny Valley, especially creepy CGI. Additionally, anything where the story completely falls apart if you think about it to any extent. Naturally Donkey Ollie manages to press all of these repeatedly.
- Bile Fascination: Due to mainly playing videogames when he was young enough to have seen most of the shows the annotators riff on, he's more curious about garbage old cartoons, rather than annoyed.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Texan and proud of it, but ironically a little self-conscious about being a little on the short side.
- Flat "What": Makes very frequent use of this in response to many things.
- Kayfabe: Occasionally "breaks kayfabe" to call out when something becomes horrifically awful.
- Sir Swearsalot: Uses swears frequently, and applies them VERY liberally when he's set off.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Will play either role off someone else's remark semi-frequently.
- Verbal Tic: Always says "Fuckin'" instead of "Fucking," prefaces observations with either "..." or "Wait," and typically has an annotation at the start of each new series showing his dread of the new material.
Beast Of Burden
OwandtAnnotator until- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
A former annotator who left the series some time ago. Was hated by pretty much everyone due to his incredibly forced and lame jokes.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: No one misses him at all. In fact, they end up mocking him sometimes by either parodying his Republican banter, or jokingly fearing that he sneaked onto the channel.
- Anvilicious: Most of his annotations forced jokes about Republicans and technology.
- The Chew Toy
- Dude, Not Funny!: His fellow annotators did not hesitate to Invoke this upon him whenever he posted an annotation that they didn't like.
- The Friend Nobody Likes
- The Scrappy: Largely seen as this during the Beeupyou days.
Miro FortanAnnotator from - Darkstalkers until Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- I submit that there is nothing more terrifying than an animal with a mouth full of human teeth.
CurtDogg's Lancer and one of the more reclusive annotators.
MrGuyPwnsYouAnnotator from Christmas Comes To Pac-Land - Donkey Kong Country Season 1
Color: Light Purple
A science-loving Wrong Genre Savvy annotator who is notably a fellow troper.
- Berserk Button: Does not like Science Is Bad or poorly-handled "money can't buy happiness" morals.
- Put on a Bus: Burned out after Super Show.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Has a tendency to start really laying into an episode only after a relatively minor thing; for example, the "garbanzo beans" that didn't even slightly resemble garbanzo beans in The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and "lend a hand" instead of "lend a hoof" seeming contrary to the use of "everypony" in the MLP stage show.
- Stating the Simple Solution: During Western Animation/Sonic Underground, points out every time that Robotnik has a chance to thwart the prophecy by just roboticizing a captured hedgehog.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He'll often attempt to call plot twists ahead of time, only for the show to end up avoiding them.
creatorofGandPAnnotator since - Unknown
HamsteereAnnotator from - Captain N: The Game Master note until Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- ... Good.
Annotation Color: Orange
The Butt-Monkey Brit who's constantly having computer malfunctions. More or less one of the more cynical annotator on board. He reacts more or less neutrally to every character that isn't Bluster Kong.
He also uploaded Our Friend, Martin.
- Butt-Monkey: Can't catch a break with his computer.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Formerly with Bry.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Seems to view the material he's given with a less-than-optimistic outlook. Usually this means that a series has worn him out for good.
- The Mean Brit
- The Smart Guy: Tweaked the first two episodes of Super Show, and was considered the funniest of the group.
FunbreakerAnnotator since- ProStars
Annotation Color: First pink, now pink-purple.
- Berserk Button: Idiot Ball, Aesop Amnesia, and Green Aesop.
- Cuteness Proximity: Did this with a two-headed cat that appeared in an episode of Double Dragon.
- Commuting on a Bus: University courses have been impacting her ability to regularly annotate as of Fall 2016.
TsinlistAnnotator since- Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
Annotation Color: Orange Brown
- Ascended Fanboy: First one to become a fan because of a certain annotator, at least.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Funny Foreigner: Malaysian.
- The Heart: One of the nicest Annotators there is
Dr. D / Ctando1
AvirosbAnnotator since- CTRL+Alt+Del: The Animated Series note
Main uploader from Street Fighter - Captain N: The Game Master
- Also, isn't Mother Brain already allied with Malkil and Eggplant Wizard? What the fuck does she need MORE wizards for?!
Annotation Color: Various
The Smart Guy who provides a lot of more intellectual jokes. He led the other Annotators to his new channel, where they could collaborate under one account. From there he took over as main uploader, before shuffling it among DAC and HurpDurpManBry for the rest of the Xperiment's run (with various Annotators uploading intermissions).
He has archived most of beeupyou and the early Xperiment videos.
- Commuting on a Bus: Appears regularly on the forums, but barely appears on the channel due to YouTube's account protection system.
- Funny Foreigner: While this is kind of flawed, most of the annotators are American or British, while Avi stands out as being Norwegian. You'd never notice unless he told you.
- Good Old Ways: He never sticks too hard to an annotation color, favoring the anonymity of the beeupyou days.
- The Hero: of the AnnotatXperiment channel. Sort of the Moses leading on when shared annotations ended.
- The Smart Guy: Shares some interesting facts, and is coding his own game on the side.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Tends to retire briefly whenever YouTube makes a change in the annotation system.
- Passing the Torch: HurpDurpManBry took his place.
- He also retired from archiving episodes. AOPM and MagnumBill continue his work.
- This episode has the budget of a Happy Meal.
Annotation Color: Cyan.
Obsessed with video games and the art of animation, he loves making Shout-Out-based jokes. Generally tries to bring a positive attitude to the channel for contrast, but he can still snark with the best of them.
He likes TV Tropes, But not to the point that he'd stoop to writing his own character page, or anything so egotistical.
- Ascended Fanboy: Started out suggesting annotations in the comments of the AnnotateXperiment before being added to the group when they hopped channels.
- Berserk Button: Is not a fan of poorly paced plots or attempts at multiple climaxes.
- Doesn't take well to badly written or tedious musical numbers either.
- Catchphrase: "This is the part where X happens, right?" X being a scene from a better movie or show that the current scene resembles.
- "X, izzat you?" shows up whenever someone looks like or sounds like character X.
- Genre Savvy: Has a bad habit of accidentally pre-empting jokes and/or plot points in his riffs.
- The Heart: Typically leaves few or no mean-spirited annotations.
- Pet the Dog: He always tries to find at least one pleasant thing in the videos to credit them on, no matter how bad the rest of them is. Not finding one or having it be discredited causes the gloves to come off.
- Funetik Aksent: Likes to misspell common words to make them sound funny.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Actually enjoyed ripping apart Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) for it's many flaws when the other annotators were bored to tears by it. However, even he got sick of it by the last few episodes of the first season.
- Verbal Tic: Has a tendency to start his observations with "yeesh" or "geeze."
- Wat is also a common reaction whenever something too bizarre for words comes along.
Bry noteAnnotator from - The Legend of Zelda until the Bubsy pilot re-annotated.
Main uploader from Sonic Underground - Sonic SatAM
- DO A FLIP, FAGGOT
Annotation Color: Dark Blue
An Ascended Fanboy energetic Floridian with some rather... interesting thought processes. He originally added commercials and credits sequences to Sonic Underground and Super Show, and became the official uploader after the creating TheAnnotationStation.He introduced between-episode commercials and more custom intros/endings, which became staples of the series. Was the main face of the entire group from 2012-2015 and 2017-2018.
- Ascended Fanboy: Watched the entirety of Ctrl-Alt-Del Annotated, and within a month later made brief annotations in Legend of Zelda and the Battletoads/Bubsy pilots. He didn't shine through until Captain N: The Game Master.
- Ax-Crazy: With the shows he's watched for a near decade..
- Bad Boss: Since the uploader is the closest that comes to the true "leader" of the Annotators, he used to be technically this. He has subjected the annotators (and himself) to some of the worst material in the channel's history, brought back Sonic SatAM, a show infamous for almost killing the entire channel because of it's bore, for a second season among other bad deeds, just to torture other annotators. This is pretty lost in itself since the annotators voted to continue SatAM.
- In a way, this has been more true come 2018, where Bry had more of a short fuse.
- Berserk Button: Pretty much anything but especially puns, slow pacing, bad characterization and plot holes.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Commuting on a Bus: Has started to become this after the first Intermission Month in January 2016. His workload at school and computer scheduling is the cause of this. Has loosened his schedule in 2016, and became available once more in 2018.
- Finally retired at the end of 2018/start of 2019.
- Crazy-Prepared: Took up this mantle since Bauglir went AWOL. He once prepared videos two days before the air date in case something comes up in his schedule.
- Dead Baby Comedy: Uses this frequently, whenever he's not analyzing.
- The Everyman: Was once this, now is a [[Cloudcuckoolander crazy fucker]] who says anything to get a laugh, be it innocent or raunchy.
- The Heart: Reasonably passionate for this entire thing.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Formerly with Hamsteere.
- I Hate Past Me: Happened in the April Fools 2016 special when he, as well as the other Annotators, saw how whiny and passive-aggressive he was during the Super Show era.
- I Shall Taunt You: Taunts mercilessly at YouTube to take down their videos. Pushed this with uploading the YouTube Spotlight 2018 annotated.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Advertised Voice Actor Richard Newman's fundraiser which was meant to help him and his daughter to pay their rent. Also he dedicates videos to some recently at-that-time deceased celebrities such as Robin Williams.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: A self-proclaimed "softy for kittens."
- Power Trio: Took this position with Hamsteere and VonnyFortan, now with Mr. Yoshbert and MagnumBill.
- Retired Badass
- Seen It All
- Serious Business: Only he can have a dangerously realistic Freak Out over a pun song.
- The Smart Guy: Is The Other Darrin for this, while Hamsteere had problems with his own video editor.
- Took a Level in Badass: Uploaded Dr. D and The Human Life Machine when people uploaded unplanned videos, and when Irrelevant was considering the second episode of The Nutshack to be uploaded... And waited a total of eight hours to upload all three parts of the second Dr. D video.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: At some point in the seven years he has been on this project, he slowly surely grew more bitter and more blunt towards those surrounding him.
- The Voiceless: Formerly this. He only suggested video ideas and annotations on videos earlier in the project, though he turned it around by being more active, and by willing to upload Sonic Underground and The Super Mario Bros Super Show!note throughout both of their entire run before retiring from uploading duties after a year.. before coming back. As of November 2015, he has retired from regular uploading.
- As of 2018, he has come back to regular uploading, sharing duties with MagnumBill91 and Mr. Yoshbert.
- Victory by Endurance: Now the longest running of the second band, annotating since the year 2011.
- As of January 2019, he has left regular annotation and uploading duties completely, being the last of the The Annotat Xperiment newcomers to leave the group. Though later he decided to keep on annotating sometimes.
Annotators that don't fit in any other category.
can't even knock a chainlink fence over.
- Boisterous Weakling: Even disregarding the tank incident, he goes down in a flash by Guile.
- Memetic Loser
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cornflakes. With his tiger theme, shouldn't it be Frosted Flakes?
Eccentric Mentor who is training him to be a great hero. He pretends to be a Smug Snake moron to provide learning experience to Kevin.
- Catchphrase: The moments where he takes action are frequently preceded with a quote of "Lets. Get. Dangerous."
- Eccentric Mentor / Trickster Mentor: Deliberately falls for the villains' traps to provide a learning experience for his "ward" Kevin. Largely an outgrowth of his Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass status in the main show.
- Memetic Badass
- Obfuscating Stupidity: The explanation for his Butt-Monkey antics.
Big Bad who is manipulating both heroes and villains to his own mysterious ends. He poses as a wise oracle to trick people into trusting him.
- Big Bad: No one knows his goals, but the Annotators assume he's the true villain.
- The Chessmaster: The Annotators speculate that his advice in the pilot was simply moving Robotnik and the hedgehogs into place, since no one's given any real reason to trust him.
- Playing Both Sides: Apparently, he deliberately engineered the war between Robotnik and the Sonic Underground to some unspecified end.
- Treacherous Advisor: If his Alternate Character Interpretation is to be believed.
- Abusive Parent: For how much she talks about honesty and facing reality, she sure wants to stay away from her children with gusto.
- Dirty Coward: Seems bent on hiding from her children more than anything.
- The Dragon: Speculated as this to the Oracle.
- Fan Nick Name: Queen Meanie because of how Robotnik pronounced her name in one episode.
- Also, "Weiner Leader" for the same reason.
- Hypocrite: She's called out for this many times during her opening monologues.
- Just you wait until I've got you in a dark corner. I'll give you a damn good beating!
A Pterodactyl (sometimes affectionately called a Ptrolledactyl) with a superiority complex over all the other dinosaurs due to his wings. His sarcasm and wit earned him the title of Honorary Annotator.
- Call-Back: The appearance of anything dinosaur related is sure to bring up quotes of his. Even more likely if there's another Pterodon.
- Catchphrase: "Mammoth mayhem!"
- Ensemble Dark Horse: A rare gem, Kree is an example of a likable character from a Dingo Pictures film.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Universally won the annotators over with his constant mocking of the movie's scrappy, Peak.
Caricature of the former owner of Felix the Cat. Since Felix the Cat Saves Christmas, he's portrayed as an Ultimate Evil with a penchant for horrible puns. Sometimes appears off-screen in punny materials to compliment the pun or get inspired.
- Incredibly Painful Pun: The Annotators' biggest gripe with Saves Christmas, which became part of his character.
- No Indoor Voice: His gags are typed in allcaps.
- Verbal Tic: "BLARGH!"
Very likely the best thing about Season 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM). Annotators loved its cool design featuring the body of a bird with the wings of a dragonfly and tiny aviator googles.
- Cartoon Creature
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Mostly because it provided some relief from Sonic's / Antoine's / Dulcy's inane antics.
- Fan Nickname
- Instant Messenger Pigeon: Ferried messages from the Freedom Fighters in Knothole to Uncle Chuck's hideout in Robotropolis.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: A parrot with a dragonfly's tail and wings.
- Palette Swap: Never directly addressed on the show, but primarily had a vibrant green hue in Knothole and grey coloration in Robotropolis.
- Put on a Bus: Seemingly replaced by more conventional-looking robotic carrier pigeons during the last episodes of the show. Some annotators clamored for its return.
Played up as the opposite extreme of his counterpart until going through gradual Character Development.
- Deadpan Snarker: Takes potshots at the others in his own language.
- Early Installment Weirdness: He's more abusive in the earlier riffs.
- The Friend Nobody Likes
- Good Is Boring: The Annotators appreciate the canon character's cute moments, but admit this version has more comedic potential.
- Hidden Depths: He's more amicable to everyone outside of Cappy Town.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: ''Snack Attack'' and ''Kirby's Egg-Cellent Adventure'' show his true colors. He's also friends with Knuckle Joe, Whispy Woods, and the animal friends.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apples.