A partial character list for Negas.
He originally appeared in the Raltoon web animation, being Ral's snarky brother who had a part-time job as a janitor. However, he became a Breakout Character and got his own series. After getting a job as a salaryman in a maquila factory and moves to the DC, but soon finds the pros and cons of living in a populated city.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Had black hair in his original appearances.
- Aloof Big Brother: Towards Ral.
- Ascended Extra: Originally designed so Ral could have someone who was the complete opposite of him. His design and snarky attitude proved very popular with the fans that eventually he made more appearances and more of his personality was fleshed out (he was more of an Aloof Big Brother in the early days of Ral, to the point of saying Sure, Let's Go with That to any of Ral's antics) and got bigger roles till a webseries story was eventually made for him in 2011.
- Author Avatar: According to Word of God, while Ral is based on RAL's kinder younger self, Negas is based on his dissillusions as an adult. They even shares the authors Big Ol' Eyebrows.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Has some peculiar ones.
- Breakout Character: Negas proved so popular that he's pretty much the face of RAL's Irreverent-Toons (from promotional materials, you'd be fooled into thinking he was the main character). In fact, his massive popularity surprised even the creator and he had to radically change their plans for him as a result. It's gotten to the point that he got his own show while Ral fell into obscurity.
- Brutal Honesty: The reason he has such a bad time at the maquila company is because he refuses to be a Professional Buttkisser (which is why Paulo favors Ñoñostacio over him) or have sex (Checker keeps rejecting his reports because he refuses to have sex with him).
- Butt-Monkey: Paulo loves to poke fun at him because of how easy it is to get him angry.
- Catchphrase: Mamadas, mamadas pendejas! (Bullshit, freaking bullshit!)
- Characterization Marches On: In the first seasons, Negas was the Only Sane Man who's Surrounded by Idiots. In later episodes, he's actually just a Jerkass who Hates Everyone Equally and he gets angry for little reason at all.
- Deadpan Snarker: Well, duh.
- Demoted to Extra: However, in 2016 episodes Word of God declared the Negas series to be canceled and started focusing on more popular characters such as Niño Ratta or Poppa Peg.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Or at least Checker and the gay customer from the "En el Super" ("At the Store") certainly do.
- Evil Counterpart: The interview with Radio Anime implies that Negas is actually a manifestation of Ral's negative emotions, similar to Pinchimono; but Ral treats him as a brother.
- Expy: He's basically a Mexican Dilbert.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Other than Checker and Ñoñostacio, nobody in the series seems to particularly like Negas. Some episodes imply that he's aware of it and tries to be nicer to Ñoñostacio on occasions. He tries to stay away from Checker though.
- Loony Fan: Surprisingly, towards Mr. Fly, the Mexican street-artist.
- Meaningful Name: His name is a pun on "negative".
- Not So Above It All: Loves making fun of Ñoñostacio for being an Occidental Otaku....and yet he's a diehard fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Ridiculously Successful Future Self: As shown in the episodes "El Chavo" and "Santa existe", Negas becomes a physicist, gets married and wins a Nobel Prize. He even becomes more snarker than he already is. His grandson lampshades it."I'm Negas' grandson, Negas Mc Fly! Don't ask how the grumpy asshole was able to reproduce, but he did, okay?. Get it over with."
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With the cheerful and laidback Ral.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Surrounded by Idiots: A firm believer of this, even with his Not So Above It All moments.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: His portrayal switches between this, Cosmic Plaything and some combination of both depending on the episode. He can be very pitiable, but at the same time rather self-centered, condescending (especially to his coworkers).
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: We see him in "Dia del Niño" ("Childrens Day") as a cute little boy who thought the best of people and loved to play with his Series/TMMT dolls. And then, his Raphael doll breaks and we see him now as a hysterical young man who Hates Everyone Equally....Child Negas: [smiling] Profanities are bad, guys. So never say them, ever! Only uncultured people say them and there is no need to say bad words if you are content with your life! (Raphaels head falls down, causing Negas's face to contort in anger) ....Life sucks!
An Ax-Crazy black blob-like creature who speaks in loud screams, gets angry for little reason and loves shooting people randomly. For some reason, he has an Irrational Hatred towards Negas. Its revealed that hes an avatar manifestation of Negas' negative emotions.
- Ax-Crazy: He's very hysterical and unstable, often insulting and killing random people.
- Catchphrase: MATENSE! (KILL YOURSELVES!), LOS ODIO! (I HATE YOU ALL!).
- The few times he is happy he lets out a contented "Mhhhhh! Mhhhh! Mhhhh!"
- The Eeyore: Duh.
- Evil Counterpart: As an avatar of Negass negative emotions, he's this. While Negas is by no means a saint, he at least has some morals and consideration for others, unlike Pinchimono.
- Expy: The interview with Radio Anime reveals that Pinchimono's design is based on Kaonashi from Spirited Away.
- Hates Everyone Equally
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: In the episode "Hora del Baby" ("Baby Time"), when he's supposed to be singing a lullaby."SLEEEEP BABYYYYY, BABY SLEEEEEEP, SLEEP A LOOOOOT OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOOOOOOOOU. I'LL MURDER YOOOOOOOU. NEVER AGAIN BABYYYYYYY, YOU'LL BE OVEEEEEER. YOU'LL GOOOOOOOOO WITH THE DEEEEEEVIL FOREVEEEEEEEEER!"
- Large Ham: Hes very hammy when talking.
- Loony Fan: Of the Happy Fish Show.
- More Dakka: During his tantrums he is very prone to pulling two machineguns out of Hammerspace and start shooting wildly.
- The Reveal: He's a manifestation of Negas's bad emotions. The episode "El Origen" ("The Origin") reveals that a psychologist adviced Negas to bottle up his emotions instead of insulting people. Negas bottled up so much anger, that his blood intoxicated and mutated into the Pinchimono.
Negas's coworker at the maquila company, who's a flamboyant homosexual. Checker is the one assigned to correct the reports at the company and he's a shameless pervert who acts lecherous towards his coworkers and boss.
- Anything That Moves: Checker goes after every male he sees. Has flirted with Negas, expressed interest in Ñoñostacio, Paulo implies that they had sex once, and he flirts with a male cashier from Starbucks.
- Book Dumb: As noted by this exchange.Checker: [after Negas faints due to bottling up his anger for too much] Aww, poor Negas! What happened to him?Ñoñostacio: The doctors had to do an hemodialysis on him, Checker.Checker: Aww, no! He'll become emo!
- Camp Gay: Well, duh.
- Catchphrase: Ay que rico! (Aww, so yummy!)
- Establishing Character Moment: The first thing he does in his debut appearance is fondle Negas's crotch.
- Evil Is Petty: In his debut episode, Checker rejects Negas's report, but claims he can approve it if he has sex with him. When a disgusted Negas declines, Checker gets mad and rejects his report anyway.
- Freudian Excuse: Played for laughs. He used to be an averange innocent child, until Michael Jackson lured him to a van with promises of candy. Fortunately, RoboCop killed him before he could molest Checker. Meanwhile, the boy found a collection of Twilight films and saw them all in a day...turning him into the Camp Gay he is now.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Despite acting like a Lovable Sex Maniac towards men, he's actually very indifferent and repulsed by girls.(after Negas treats him and wants to buy pineapple pizza) "Aww, no! Pineapple is for pussies! I don't play with pussies, aww no! Kinkies kinkies bye!"
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite always rejecting Negas's reports out of pettiness (see Evil Is Petty above), he's very nice when not trying to seduce any male he encounters. He's also kind to old people and appears distraught when Negas collapses due to bottling everything up in the episode "El Origen" ("The Origin").
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Surprisingly, in "Dia del Niño" ("Childrens Day") he was a sweet and innocent kid, until the day he was almost molested by Michael Jackson. And saw the Twilight films.
The boss of the maquila company. He is dumb, sometimes descending to ditz levels, and utterly sociopathic. Has the ability to appear everywhere, combined with an "aururururu" sound.
- Characterization Marches On: For the first appearances he was a typical Mean Boss, mean and uncaring but not exactly stupid. It took him awhile for his familiar personality to emerge.
- Expy: If Negas is a Dilbert expy, then Paulo is an expy of the Pointy-Haired Boss.
- Fat Bastard
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Mainly used to prevent his subordinates from getting healthy raises or promotions, which are prohibited by the company.
- And then did a whole footage film comparing Wapper and Negas's work at the company just to give the former a promotion "for being so hot" and to laugh at Negas's angry face.
- Pet the Dog: When Negas and Ñoñostacio get promoted to the Everest (long story) and they end up working for the abusive Yankee Boss, Paulo actually calls Ñoñostacio by his cellphone and seems genuinely concerned about him.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: He is more concerned with himself than with his job, and he doesn't seem to realize how much trouble he causes for everyone. Moreover, his incompetency caused several cases of embarrassing moments. His behavior toward subordinates could also qualify as harassment in some cases (such as picking on Negas For the Lulz and the implications that he had sex with Checker and Ñoñostacio).
- Thinking Up Portals: Has the ability to pop out and appear everywhere.
An easygoing Occidental Otaku who loves watching anime and making references no one understands. While very friendly and nice, Negas hates him because he's a Professional Buttkisser towards their boss Paulo.
- Big Fun: He's a big, fat and somewhat messy guy, but he helps keep the mood going with his generally laid back personality.
- Nice Guy: His main flaw is that he tries very hard to be likeable to every person he meets. Even to his Bad Boss Paulo (who calls him "My Number 1 Exploitable Bitch"). Hell, when he was a child he became from an athletic jock to a slobbish otaku because a vendor claimed that people would like him more that way!
- Professional Buttkisser: According to Paulo and Negas. It's not the case, just that Ñoñostacio wants to be likeable.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Surprisingly, in "Dia del Niño" ("Childrens Day") he was an outgoing school jock. Until one day a vendor tried to sell them some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and convinced him that he would be succesful at life if he collected them all. Afterwards, he becomes a slobbish Occidental Otaku.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Debatable, but he seems to become this with Negas in later episodes.
Negas's younger brother. A cheerful schoolboy who goes into non-sensical adventures with his best friends Keto and Ranito. He was the original main character of the RAL Toons videos, until Negas proved to be a Ensemble Dark Horse, leaving Ral Out of Focus until he stopped appearing.
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Author Avatar: According to Word of God, while Negas is based on his dissillusions as an adult, Ral is based on RAL's kinder younger self. They even shares the authors Big Ol' Eyebrows.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Just like his brother.
- Book Dumb: According to his teacher, Adolfo Odión, Ral has bad ortography and is not very smart.
- Catchphrase: Frecuently ends his phrases with "Amigo" (Buddy).
- Character Tics: Makes a Ploop noise everytime he blinks.
- Cheerful Child: He's very nice and easygoing.
- Insistent Terminology: He refers to the school as "schooley".Negas: Ral! Ral, hurry up. You're gonna be late for school!Ral: Schooley, buddy.Negas: Why do you call it schooley? It's school. School. SCHOOL!Ral: Schooley, buddy.Negas: ....Whatever, you're late. Just go.
- Out of Focus: You'd be forgiven if you didn't know that poor Ral was supposed to be the main character of RAL's video animations....only to get overshadowed by more popular characters like his sarcastic older brother. To the point his series got cancelled in favor of Negas. But still, the creator made an episode centered about him in 2015, to throw a bone at his fans.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Doesn't have any special features, gimmicks or quirks, only that he's a Cheerful Child with a Verbal Tic. It's become a joke by this point.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With the sarcastic and neurotic Negas.
- ¡Three Amigos!: With his classmates Ranito and Keto.
- Verbal Tic: He calls "buddy" to every person he meets.
One of Ral's best friends. A bratty kid with a mean streak, he's also an otaku with Nazi ideas.
- Book Dumb: The biggest one in the series.
- Bratty Half-Pint: To contrast with the easygoing Ral and the shy Ranito.
- Expy: An obvious one of Kiko from El Chavo del ocho. Hell, in his first appearance he mistakes Ral for el Chavo!
- Friendless Background: According to Word of God, he had no friends besides Ral and Ranito.
- Rule-Abiding Rebel: He's always preaching about anarchy and doing vandalism for no reason at all. But for all his attempts to come out with things that are overly cynical, edgy or controversial, nothing he says seems to be all that out there and he's mostly ignored.
- Suddenly Shouting: Generally when he's being ignored - he says one part of the sentence at his regular tone, and the rest at the top of his lungs.
- ¡Three Amigos!: With his classmates Ranito and Ral.
A shy frog humanoid, who's one of Ral's best friends.
- Animal Motifs: Guess.
- A Dog Named "Dog": A frog named Ranito (Froggy).
- Running Gag: The teacher never lets him in, so Ranito always has to enter the classroom by entering the ducts.
- Shrinking Violet: He's very shy and reserved. Considering he's considered an outcast at school for being a frogboy, you can't blame him.
- The Stoic: Like water off a frog's back, nothing really fazes him and his expression rarely changes.
- ¡Three Amigos!: With his classmates Ral and Keto.
Real name Rodolfo Gonzalez, Niño Ratta is 13-year-old boy who adores playing Minecraft, watching gamer bloggers and doing lame memes on the Internet. Basically an average boy. He declares himself to be the best gamer and hacker ever. Far from the truth, however, he is actually a geek who sucks at everything he does.
- Abusive Parents: He has always beaten up by his stepfather. His mother spoils him rotten, though.
- Boisterous Weakling: He declares himself to be the best gamer and hacker ever... he is actually far from the truth.
- Breakout Character: To the point he got his own series and became a memetic character around his country. A first for anyone who is not Negas.
- Butt-Monkey: Niño Ratta's cocky attitude combined with his relatively childish incompetence means he often ends up in humiliating situations.
- Catchphrase: "Te boi a jakear" ("I'm gunna hack ya")
- Character Tics: Makes a grunting noise when he is overthinking.
- Mirror Character: For his cousin. Both seem annoying and obnoxious at first, but they actually have severe family problems, and it is implied their current funny personality is a way to cope up with all the abuse at home.
- Odd Friendship: With his cousin, Niño Ottaco.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name is Rodolfo Gonzalez.
- Stepford Smiler: According to Word of God. Considering all the stuff he goes through....
- Too Dumb to Live: He gets in very dangerous situations that always get him into trouble, such as accidentally killing his grandfather by putting energy drink in his intravenous drip, or throwing himself from a window to chase after a (pressumably imaginary) Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Fortunately for him, Death Is Cheap in the Negasverse.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Doritos and Vive 100 (an energetic drink similar to Red Bull).
- Verbal Tic: Ends his sentences with "papu" ("dude").
Niño Ratta's stepfather. A violent and alcholic man who is always full of debts, has an unhealthy obsession with drinking Jack Daniels (the aforementioned "Yakelino") and really hates children. Especially the loud and obnoxious Niño Ratta.
- Abusive Parents: A Running Gag is that he often beats Niño Ratta. Sometimes for justified reasons and sometimes because he can.
- Animal Motifs: His name and appearance make him resemble a cockroach.
- Catchphrase: "Que chingados estas haciendo, puta!?" ("What the hell are you doing now, bitch?!")
- Dark and Troubled Past: In "El Origen del Yakelino", it is revealed that Macoro used to be a church boy and the priest there was an abusive alcholic who often beat the churchboys and forced them to sing the "Yakelino" song for him. Also, one of his fellow churchboys was Niño Ratta's teacher. Possibly the explanation of why he is a pedophile and why Don Cuco is a child hater.
- Drowning My Sorrows: According to Word of God.
- Good Is Not Nice: Only a couple of examples, though. First, his abuse of Niño Ratta may count. One instance of this is the "Oposite Day" episode, where Niño Ratta puked to death (literally), Don Cuco was shown dancing and joyfully singing his character song.
- Hidden Depths: The YOUNOW shorts and the "Adventuratta 777" segments show that he is actually a cool and friendly guy, just that he is always full on debts and Niño Ratta always gets on his nerves.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is actually rather nice and friendly.... but apparently he hates children.
- Large Ham: Especially whenever he's angry.
- Leitmotif: "Yakelino".
- Manly Tears: After Niño Ratta accidentally kills the grandfather in el "Papubuelo" episode.
- In the "Piza piza" episode, after he finds the box of cold pizza left by Ratta, he cries tears of happiness."Cold pizza?! It's the best day of my life!"
- In the "Piza piza" episode, after he finds the box of cold pizza left by Ratta, he cries tears of happiness.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: He is prone to give them to Niño Ratta every time. The only time he stopped, is because the kid appeased him with a bottle of beer.
- Not So Above It All: In the "La Adventuratta 777" segments, it's revealed that he took a liking to Minecraft, and he sometimes plays it in his stepson's PC. Surprisingly, he ends up being a better player than Niño Ratta ever was, and later episodes focus on Don Cuco playing Minecraft when Niño Ratta isn't watching....
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Most of his dialogue, especially when talking with Niño Ratta.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Ocasionally shows some fondness for Ratta in his own, twisted way: In a Christmas episode he gets Ratta the Turbo Man action figure his biological dad didn't get him (apparently after stealing it from Santa Claus) and in the Father's Day episode, after Ratta gives him Sabritones and beer as a present he tells him "I appreciate your faggotry, bitch", so that he will stop crying.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: As shown in the "El Origen del Yakelino" episode, he used to be a church boy.
Niño Ratta's mother. A bumbling mother who spoils her son, but she is actually a disturbed woman who is always contemplating on commiting suicide and gets wasted on detergent.
- Ate His Gun: Her favorite method for killing herself.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It's revealed in "Bebé Babas" that she was originally Happily Married to her husband until he got fed up with baby Niño Ratta constant slurping. Afterwards, she stopped caring about everything.
- Driven to Suicide: She considers offing herself in all episodes she's featured. In some, she actually succeeds.
- Drunk on Milk: Apparently she inhales detergent as a drug.
- Extreme Doormat: According to Word of God, and it shows. She's treated like crap by her husband, her ex-husband and sometimes even by her own son.
- GIS Syndrome: She's the most blatant example in the series' Stylistic Suck. Look at the picture and you'll notice her dress has a Shutterstock watermark.
- Hidden Depths: In "El Mapa + Pro", turns out she (and her sister) can be incredibly good at Fortnite if they offer a reward.
- Lamprey Mouth: She's opened her mouth on a couple of ocassions, revealing a creepy circle of fangs, along with letting out an inhuman roar. Nobody seems to mind when she does.
- Leitmotif: When she's happy, D-Devil's Dance With The Devil starts playing.
- Offing the Offspring: In some episodes, she'll kill Niño Ratta after his antics start annoying everyone too much.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Her default look.
- The Voiceless: She never talks, only featuring a creepy static noise everytime she's around.
Real name Adolfo Gonzales, Niño Otacco is Niño Ratta's cousin. An Occidental Otaku who loves anime as much as his cousin loves video games.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: His father is always trying to act Totally Radical and his mother is a fundamentalist woman who often goes to church. And posts embarrassing Tweety stickers in her son's Facebook account.
- Butt-Monkey: He's mistreated by everyone around him. Niño Ratta doesn't like having him around and only uses him. While Don Cuco and even his own father consider him a nuisance.
- Catchphrase: "Nande? Nande dattebayo?" Whenever he is upset.
- Cheerful Child
- Cosplay: He wears a Naruto headband and pants, a Death Note t-shirt and a Fullmetal Alchemist necklace.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Natch. He loves using stereotypical anime phrases.
- Leitmotif: His appearance is marked by a brief snippet from "The World", the first opening to Death Note
- Lovable Coward: Niño Otacco always tries to do his best to help and support Niño Ratta, but when he gets into serious trouble (such as being on the verge of death or about to be beaten by Don Cuco) he decides he'd rather not.
- Mirror Character: For his cousin. Both seem annoying and obnoxious at first, but they actually have severe family problems, and it is implied their current funny personality is a way to cope up with all the abuse at home.
- Nice Guy: He is nicer and more polite than his cousin. That doesn't make him any less disliked In-Universe. though.
- Odd Friendship: With his cousin, Niño Ratta.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name is Adolfo Gonzalez.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pockys.
- The Unfavorite: His father cares more about his cousin than him and thinks Niño Otacco is a worthless loser (Mostly because he thinks Ratta's "hacking" abilities are much more impressive than they really are).
- Verbal Tic: He says "Way/wei" at the end of most of his sentences.