Accel World characters (index) Great Legions: █ Nega Nebulus | █ Prominence | █ Great Wall | █ Leoniz | █ Crypto Cosmic Circus | █ Aurora Oval | █ Oscillatory Universe
Other: Acceleration Research Society | Chrome Disaster | Other Burst Linkers | Enemies | Real World | Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden
A list of Accel World characters primarily associated with the Red Legion, Prominence.
- Cast Herd: In addition to Triplex, book 20 introduces the entire roster of Prominence, gathered into groups of three avatars with similar themes.
- Long-Range Fighter: A good chunk of its members have colors leaning towards red, which specializes in attack range.
- Oddly Small Organization: Subverted. The first few volumes only show Scarlet Rain and Blood Leopard, but gradually introduce more Red Legion members until Volume 20 shows its entire roster. It's also implied that the Legion isn't as large as it used to be before Red Rider was forced off Brain Burst.
The Red King
The former Red King and previous leader of Prominence.
- The Blacksmith: His "Arms Creation" ability lets him create permanent items that can be equipped by other avatars. These items also feature a "lock" in the form of his personal crest, which allows him to disable or destroy them remotely. Seeing the crest on the ISS kits makes Kuroyukihime wonder if he's responsible for them.
- Broken Pedestal: The reason Kuroyukihime attacks him is because she thought he was planning to use his gifts to the other Legions to forcibly uphold the nonaggression pact. It's subverted, as she realizes that she was tricked by her actual Broken Pedestal- her own sister and parent, Whtie Cosmos.
- Guns Akimbo: Before his death he wielded dual pistols named Helios and Eos.
- The Gunslinger: He resembled a cowboy.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Was this with Blue Knight before his death.
- Logical Extreme: Of red-type avatars, being one of the Pure Colours. In Lotus's words, his abilities may seem unconventional compared to someone like Scarlet Rain, but the true focus of Red avatars isn't firepower but range, and no weapon has longer range than one you don't need to be there to fire.
- Named Weapons: His dual Pistols: Helios and Eos.
- Nice Guy: All interactions show that he was one, though he may have been related to Acceleration Research Society.
- Nice Hat: His avatar features a nice cowboy hat atop his head.
- Ironic Nickname: Promotes peace but shares his name with one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse: specifically, the warmonger.
- Off with His Head!: Courtesy of Black Lotus' Death By Embrace.
- Posthumous Character: Has since been deleted from the Accelerated World.
- Unorthodox Reload: His "Auto Reload" - a pair of hidden mechanisms in his forearms that slide new bullets into his guns without requiring him to change his grip. Their high speed means that he isn't left vulnerable even while using his weapons in melee.
Yuniko "Niko" Kozuki/Scarlet Rain
Red Rider's successor as the Red King, becoming by extension the leader of Prominence, and a fifth-grade schoolgirl.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her eyes are red in the anime adaptation. In the light novel, Haru describes them as being sometimes green depending on the light.
- Badass Adorable: She's an incredibly strong player in Brain Burst, and her cuteness is played as disturbing, by making her Cute and Psycho.
- Badass in Distress: In Volume 14 she's abducted by Black Vise, and Haruyuki and the others spend the next volume chasing her down.
- Bathtub Bonding: She tried to do this with Haruyuki, but failed and ended up in an Accidental Pervert moment.
- Burning Rubber: Her Incarnate ability Pyro Planing, first shown in book 21, wraps her legs in flames which allow her to "skate" at high speeds (potentially even up vertical walls) while leaving behind a fiery trail. Though in this case the ground melting beneath her is what enables the speed rather than being a mere side effect.
- Charged Attack: Her basic pistol, Peace Maker, increases in power depending on how long it's charged before firing."You gimme twenty seconds o' charging, and I'll blow a giant hole in the ground even."
- Combining Mecha: Her "Invincible" is composed of five separate Enhanced Armaments which combine together when summoned - the main body, cockpit, missile pods, thrusters and legs.
- Contralto of Danger: She puts up an act with a high pitched voice to seem cute so she can get closer to Haruyuki, but when she drops that facade her normal speaking tone is much more deep, gruff, and angry to emphasize her Little Miss Badass and Cute and Psycho character traits.
- Curb Stomp Cushion: When she and Silver Crow fight, she has him on the ropes for the entire fight, and wins without taking a hit. Despite that, Kuroyukihime notices that Silver Crow was able to make Scarlet Rain dodge one of his attacks, which was no small feat.
- Curtains Match the Window: She is themed around the color red so her hair and eyes were made a matching red to emphasize this. This is only in the anime however, in the light novel she's described as having green eyes.
- Cute and Psycho: Completely out for blood once she's in a fight, her cuteness as a little girl is used to contrast this to make her disturbing.
- Death Glare: She gives Haruyuki one after showing her true colors in Episode 8.
- Deliberately Cute Child: She's cunning enough to play up some cute mannerisms intentionally to (try) and get her way. Haruyuki even calls this "angel mode."
- Does Not Like Men: Not inside Brain Burst, but she claims to feel uneasy around men in real life - because the more time she spends living it up as the invincible Scarlet Rain, the more her real body feels weak and helpless.
- Easily Forgiven: Averted when she fires on Black Lotus, nearly killing her, during the battle with Chrome Disaster. While Black Lotus recognizes it as a poorly thought out Shoo the Dog moment, she still insists on an apology, and gets annoyed when Scarlet Rain gives a fairly perfunctory one.
- Enemy Scan: The sharp senses granted by her Vision Extension ability let her measure the "information pressure" exuded by veteran Burst Linkers (something distinct from their avatar's Character Level), allowing her to judge the other Kings' relative Power Levels and how long they've been around.
- Evil Laugh: Does this while raining down missiles on her opponents.
- Evil Makeover: In Volume 15, Invincible (minus its missile pods) is stolen by Cerberus III. Adjusting to its new user, it becomes a spiky purple biped with smaller guns, but clawed hands which allow it to fight in melee. Taken Up to Eleven when Cerberus is transformed into Wolfram Disaster, whose sleek organic body is completely unrecognisable from its original form.
- Fiery Redhead: When she drops her cute facade, she's shown to be incredibly Hot-Blooded and aggressive. Her red hair emphasize this.
- Fille Fatale: She wanted to recruit Haruyuki into Prominence and tried to use her cuteness to do so, she even tried to take a bath with him.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Oven Ray, one of Scarlet Rain's Incarnate attacks.
- Flash Step: One of her Incarnate skills, stated to be evidence that she runs from her problems.
- Gamer Chick: For Brain Burst, and western Shooters. She admits she can't imagine life without Brain Burst.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears her hair this way intentionally to use her cuteness to her advantage.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: Though not evil, her eyes shift from tareme to tsurime when she drops the Deliberately Cute Child facade.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her brash and fiery demeanor, she's inwardly vulnerable, and doesn't see herself as an equal to the other Kings.
- Humongous Mecha: Her Enhanced Armament, "Invincible", is an enormous artillery platform covered in cannons and missile pods, granting her the greatest long-range attack power in the Accelerated World.
- In-Series Nickname: Prefers to be called "Niko".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although she can be rude, violent and bloodthirsty, she's actually a nicer person than even she would like to admit. She clearly cares about those who are close to her such as her "parent" Cherry Rook and she eventually is able to become friends with Haruyuki and the rest of Nega Nebulus and becomes a very helpful ally.
- Little Miss Badass: One of the youngest players in Brain Burst, but completely blood thirsty, and she reached Level 9 at a much faster pace than other players. She has many incredibly strong long-range attacks.
- Little Miss Snarker: She often points out when Haruyuki is making dumb mistakes due to his inexperience. This is supposed to be somewhat unexpected from a person her age.
- Long-Range Fighter: Scarlet Rain's Enhanced Armament "Invincible" boasts the best long-range arsenal in the Accelerated World, but it renders her unable to move, leaving her vulnerable to close-range attacks. Good luck getting near her, though.
- Macross Missile Massacre: One of her attacks.
- Parental Abandonment: She lives in a home for orphans along with Cherry Rook.
- Personality Powers: Because of her fear of getting hurt, she gained an avatar that can surround itself in impenetrable armor while attacking from a distance. Likewise, her Incarnate abilities fall into the categories of reach and mobility enhancement like Haru.
- Playing with Fire: Her Incarnate attacks manifest in the form of flames.
- Prince Charming: Keeping up the fairytale theme of the main cast, Niko's net avatar dresses her like a prince, complete with a cape, Giant Poofy Sleeves and rapier.
- Red Baron: In Brain Burst she's called the Immobile Fortress, because she doesn't even have to move to defeat most foes, and she has an enhanced armor that surrounds her that's almost impenetrable.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The animegives her red eyes to emphasize her violent and vicious nature.
- Red Is Violent: She wears red, has red hair and eyes, and is pretty vicious.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Hot-Blooded Red to Blood Leopard's cool Blue.
- Relatively Flimsy Excuse: Pretends to be Haruyuki's second cousin, Tomoko Saitou, as part of her failed Batman Gambit to recruit Haruyuki into Prominence and blackmail him into submission with Judgment Blow.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Her Incarnate attack "Radiant Burst" launches fist-shaped blasts of flame.
- She Is the King: She's just a little girl and has already earned the title of the Red King.
- Shoo the Dog: When she fires on Kuroyukihime and threatens Haruyuki, she's trying to get them to go away so that she can deal with Chrome Disaster/Cherry Rook herself.
- Something Only They Would Say: In Accel World vs Sword Art Online, she ends up fighting against an Evil Doppelgänger version of herself. In trying to tell them apart, one Scarlet Rain asks the Burst Linkers for help while the other Scarlet Rain tells them to keep away. Silver Crow and Black Lotus figure out the real Scarlet Rain would have too much pride to ask her rivals so willingly.
- Supreme Chef: played with. She's a novice at most kinds of cooking, but she's very good at baking and sweets. She says outright she picked it up from Pard.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She has the looks of an adorable little girl, but beneath her cute facade there's a dominating and aggressive borderline psycho.
- Token Mini-Moe: The youngest character of the series.
- Transforming Vehicle: Some time before volume 13, she develops a truck-like alternate configuration for Invincible called Dreadnought. In exchange for reduced firepower in this mode it gains the ability to travel at high speed while carrying other avatars on its back, turning it from an "Immobile Fortress" to a "Mobile Stronghold". It does not, however, gain brakes.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: She's revealed to be an Ax-Crazy tyrant who's specialty is Macross Missile Massacre.
- Tsundere: A vicious Type A. She acts like a borderline psychotic tyrant, but she can show a friendly side when she's in a good mood and is willing to help you if you ask nicely enough.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: Her dueling Haruyuki essentially amounts to this. Haruyuki points out that she was the one who caused the situation by trying to get in his tub, forcing him to catch her when she fell in, but she's not in any mood to listen.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Kuroyukihime. Despite the two having clashing personalities and being heads of rival Legions, they get along quite well when they're not bickering, as Haru notes when he sees them sleeping together.
- Wave-Motion Gun: One of her attacks, particularly Heat Blast Saturation.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She wears short jean shorts.
- Youthful Freckles: Her face has quite a few.
Executive Branch: Triplex ("Team Beast")
Mihaya Kakei/Blood Leopard
Vice-commander of Prominence and a high level burst linker. She works in real life at the cake shop "Pâtisserie La Plage", as a waitress and apprentice pâtissier; a signal-shielded room in the back of the building serves as Prominence's base.
The sidestory Prominence Trajectory (included with the anime Blu-Rays and later volume 18 of the novels) is told from her perspective.
- Absolute Cleavage: not in the show or the books; however, she's the cover girl for LN 14, where she's wearing a skintight red jumpsuit, unzipped to the bottom of her cleavage and showing off some really impressive... assets.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: Despite first appearing during the Dusk Taker arc in the light novel, in she first appears in Episode 10 of the anime (Volume 2), tracking down Chrome Disaster while on her bike. She also is featured in the opening for the first half of the series.
- Affectionate Nickname: She calls Akira, her cousin and Parent, "Aki".
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: The tallest girl in the series (so far), aloof and stoic, and has long, dark hair.
- Animal Mecha: Her duel avatar is a mechanical leopard that later turns out to have elements of motorbikes and tank shells.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Like the other members of Triplex.
- Beast Man: Her net avatar is an anthropomorphic leopard in a Spy Catsuit.
- Biker Babe: Inherited a red Italian motorcycle from her father, who used to play full-dive racing games with her when she was a kid. She finally received a license for it a month or two before the start of the story, and started using it as her primary means of transportation. Fanservice artwork sometimes depicts her in biking leathers.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Her ability "First Blood" doubles her running speed by activating a second heart in her chest, their overlapping beats resembling the roars of her father's twin-engined motorcycle. This ability is also shaped by the too-fast heartbeat that claimed her father's life, and Mihaya's fear that she will one day develop the same condition.
- Cat Girl: Her battle avatar simply looks like an armor-plated version of her net avatar; unlike Chiyu she's a humanoid cat rather than a girl with Unusual Ears.
- Dual Mode Unit: Her ability "Shape Change" lets her fully transform into a leopard, giving her increased speed, protection from fall damage, and a number of new attacks.
- Energy Absorption: In animal form, Blood Leopard's "Vital Bite" lets her absorb a Duel Avatar's health and killer move gauges. Her "Mental Bite", accessible in human form, is implied to absorb meter but not health.
- Fastest Thing Alive. Downplayed - in her leopard form she is possibly Brain Burst's fastest runner, but there are avatars with wheels or Not Quite Flight which far outpace her. Nevertheless, her desire to keep moving forward is her avatar's primary source of power, to the point where the first question she poses to her Parent is "Will I be able to run even faster?". After witnessing the fighting style of Silver Crow, a fellow speed-based avatar, she decides she also needs to be able to think faster in the heat of the moment.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Sky Raker, a Burst Linker who humbled her by displaying Super Speed four times greater than her own. Volume 5 shows that she hopes Sky Raker will eventually return to the Accelerated World.
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: In her Meido outfit and school uniform.
- Hidden Depths: When Haru talks to Niko about Pard's job at the cake shop in LN 13, Niko lets slip, "Huh? What're you taking about? Pard's that shop's-" before cutting herself off. Prominence Trajectory, set around the same time, confirms that she was about to say owner.
- Human Cannonball: Her "Bloodshed Cannon" ability, revealed in Volume 15, manifests the barrel of a Leopard tank around Pard to blast her forward. While incredibly powerful it damages her on every use, and can even kill her if she collides with indestructible terrain. On some stages she can abuse it for long-distance travel by repeatedly firing herself through buildings, with the Object Destruction Bonus being enough to recharge her special meter after each use.
- In-Series Nickname: She's called "Pard" in the accelerated world, and "Myah" when visiting the School Festival.
- Insistent Terminology: If you're going to shorten her name, it's Leopard, not Blood, and if you want to go further it's Pard, not Leopa.
- In-Universe Catharsis: Becoming a Burst Linker served as this for her after the death of her father. She "used up a lifetime of tears" and then never cried again.
- Meido: Wears a maid-style waitress uniform for her work at Pâtisserie La Plage.
- Nephewism: Her aunt Kaoru once promised to her father that she'd look out for Mihaya, and to her mother that they'd help each other open their cake shops. Thus she's surprisingly willing to quit her job and work for Mihaya as her pâtissier. Kaoru's daughter Akira, aka Aqua Current, also becomes the "Parent" who introduces Mihaya to Brain Burst.
- Panthera Awesome: Her battle avatar's special attack transforms her into one.
- Pursuing Parental Perils: Her parents originally planned to renovate their café into a cake shop, until her mother passed away while Mihaya was still a baby. When Mihaya was twelve her father likewise succumbed to a heart condition, leaving Mihaya both the café and his prized motorcycle. Uncomfortable with all the aunts and uncles who never understood her father now wanting to take her in, she resolved to stay and fulfill their dreams, recruiting her father's patient older sister Kaoru as her maître pâtissier.
- The Quiet One: Rarely speaks a lot, and when she does it's usually very short.
- Red Baron: "Bloody Kitty"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The cool Blue to Niko's Hot-Blooded Red. Ironically, she herself is also Red.
- Running on All Fours: Her avatar can change forms into a leopard that runs this way.
- Sailor Fuku: She wears one when she approaches Haru in Volume 7. By comparison, most of the girls previously introduced have blazer-style uniforms.
- Spy Catsuit: Wears one with her net avatar.
- The Stoic: She rarely shows any emotion and always maintains the same expression on her face. While she enjoys her waitress work now, it took a while for her to get used to smiling to customers.
- Terse Talker: Outside of her waitress job (where she's expected to not only speak normally, but use formal speech) she speaks in short, brief sentences and occasionally uses slang.
- Undying Loyalty: To Niko. While she was never really that close to the first Red King, she identifies Niko as one of two people who are very important to her (the other being Sky Raker).
- Wall Run: One of her abilities in leopard form lets her run on walls by expending her special meter. On reaching level 7, she becomes able to do this at will.
- Willfully Weak: Introduced at level 6, which is rather low for an executive. It's later revealed that she has enough burst points to reach level 8, but is keeping them in reserve as part of her plans to rescue Aqua Current from Seiryuu's boss arena (since unspent points act as a buffer against its Level Drain attack). After Aqua Current is rescued, she levels up to 8.
- Wrong Context Magic: Why is her avatar a red colour if she fights in melee like a blue? While there does turn out to be an explanation for this, In-Universe most players aren't aware of it and assume she got the colour because she's just that bloodthirsty.
A large blackcurrant-colored avatar themed after a moose, and the second member of Triplex.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Like the other members of Triplex.
- Beast Man: His net avatar is a moose-headed man in a dark-red suit, designed to match Thistle's.
- Dual Mode Unit: Capable of transforming fully into a moose.
- The One Guy: The only male among Prominence's executives.
- The Spock: One of the most level-headed members of Prominence, with a distinctively formal manner of speaking, in sharp contrast to Porcupine.
- Spock Speak: When Pard asks how he is, he responds:"When I assess my current state both in the physical and mental aspects, I find no major problems in terms of my health status, but I have been concerned about a slight pain in one of my back teeth for the past few days. On the other hand, my mental state is most certainly not poor because final exams are over, and it will be summer vacation soon. Thus, the answer to your earlier question is 'not bad', Blood Leopard."
The third member of Triplex. A small, red-purple avatar whose back armour is covered in fur, an unusual trait in Brain Burst.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Like the other members of Triplex. She was also rather fond of Cherry Rook for this reason.
- Beast Man: Her net avatar is a porcupine-headed girl in a dark-red dress, designed to match Cassi's.
- Comical Overreacting: At the Triplex meeting in volume 19, she responds to Niko's news by shaking, shrieking, and destroying some of the nearby terrain as her fur stands on end. Predicting this, Niko had informed Moose ahead of time so that he'd be able to calm her down.
- Cuteness Proximity: Brags that she induces this response in other members of the Legion, who can't resist fluffing her fur.
- Dual Mode Unit: Capable of transforming fully into a porcupine.
- Expressive Hair: When upset, her fur involuntarily twists into spikes and stands on end.
- Jive Turkey: In contrast to Moose her speech style is very slangy, referring to people by nicknames and saying things like "'sup, brahs? Haven't seen you in the Terries."
- Prickly Porcupine: A porcupine-themed avatar with fur that can transform into spikes, and also tends to get defensive easily.
Triad ("Team Artillery")
By far the largest member of Prominence, an M-type wielding a massive auto-cannon in each hand. Was one of Red Rider's executives in the Legion's first iteration, and is still highly respected.
A tall F-type avatar. Was one of Red Rider's executives in the first iteration of Prominence.
An M-type avatar with a massive cylinder on his back. Was one of Red Rider's executives in the first iteration of Prominence.
- Building Swing: Can use her ability "Dragline" to create an elastic thread that breaks her fall, similar to a real jumping spider. With a little extra effort, she can also slingshot herself in other directions.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Normally laid-back and gets bored easily, but she's capable of shifting gears and acting professionally when things get serious.
- Extra Eyes: Has eight eyes spaced in a ring around her head, allowing her to see in all directions at once.
- In-Universe Nickname: Blood Leopard calls her "Cid".
- Sensor Character: Described as being in the top three of her Legion for enemy detection.
- Super Senses: In addition to giving her omnidirectional vision, her eyes also let her make out details from great distances.
- The Unpronounceable: "Nearly every Burst Linker who met her had to ask about her proper name two or three times, and then ask again the next time they met her."
A dull green M-type avatar with long antennae.
A brown M-type avatar with enormous eye lenses.
Cherry Rook (5th Chrome Disaster)
Yuniko's friend and "parent" who introduced her to Brain Burst. See the Chrome Disaster section for more details.
A tall M-type avatar in a long robe.
Heliosphere ("Team Idol")
- Calling Your Attacks: Wouldn't be unusual for a duel avatar, except that she has to call them into a microphone.
- Contest Winner Cameo: One of the avatar designs submitted for a context.
- Fiery Redhead: Has the personality, and a fiery red-everything.
- Hot-Blooded: Describes her flames as an embodiment of her passion.
- Idol Singer: Evokes this image with her microphone and distinctive poses, specifically being modeled on Miku Hatsune. Book 20 reveals that she really is part of an in-game idol unit. Her net avatar (introduced in book 23) continues the theme, being crafted with such a jaw-dropping level of detail that Haru almost feels like he's meeting a real person.
- Musical Assassin: Her "Searing Note" attack launches musical notes that explode into flames.
- Wreathed in Flames: Her "Burning Heart" move sets her on fire, boosting her melee attack power but causing her to take damage over time.
An F-type avatar and member of Heliosphere.
An F-type avatar and member of Heliosphere.
A Burst Linker with a cage-like head and massive claws. Assists Blaze Heart in her attack in volume 13.
A small F-type avatar with translucent armour, standing about the same height as Scarlet Rain.
An F-type avatar with a marbled pattern to her smooth dark-green armour.
- Acid Attack: His special attack "Acid Mist" spreads a red fog that melts everything in its path, even turning the ground into a quagmire.
- All-Encompassing Mantle: Wears one of these when not in combat, concealing his avatar's appearance.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: To the Japanese-speaking protagonists, who don't know what it means. Haru says that "Iodine" and "Sterilizer" both sound like Super Robot names.
- Gratuitous English: Spouts English phrases while in combat. His grammar is better than Ash Roller's, though Haru notes that his pronunciation could use some work.
- In-Universe Nickname: Called "Dine" by his friends.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: While Haru takes him for a long-range avatar from his colour, he turns out to be fairly adept in hand-to-hand as well.
- Magic Antidote: His "Antidote Mist" special attack spreads a yellow light that negates poison, both healing status conditions and dispelling toxic clouds on the field.
- Make Them Rot: His basic iodine spray is significantly more dangerous to metallic avatars, corroding their armour and leaving them more vulnerable to attack.
- Nice Hat: Wears a very broad-brimmed hat.
- Red Baron: Very fond of these, currently holding the title of "Stronger Name" ("Strongest Name" is implied to have been taken from him by Crimson Kingbolt). He also claims the title of "Antidote King", but it's unclear if anyone actually calls him this.
- Stink Bomb: His standard attack is spraying iodine from his palms to disorient enemies.
- Unknown Rival: Witnessed Silver Crow say "I'm silver, poison doesn't work on me" in one of his early fights, and since then has been convinced that Crow is trying to steal his gimmick.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Cracking the glass around his body causes his supply of iodine to leak out.
A midsize M-type avatar with fibrous brown armour.
A slender M-type avatar with a complex machine for a head.
An F-type avatar dressed as a schoolgirl.
A pale yellow F-type avatar with small wings.
A bluish-purple M-type avatar equipped with a crossbow of the same colour.
A large M-type avatar with armour of sticks.
A large M-type avatar with armour of straw.
An M-type avatar with a body of red brick.
An F-type avatar with very long arms.
A "stylish" shrimplike M-type avatar with an oversized right hand.
A shrimplike M-type avatar with heavy armour.
An M-type avatar with swollen arms.
A small F-type avatar.
A small F-type avatar with vivid orange armour.