Accel World characters (index) Great Legions: █ Nega Nebulus | █ Prominence | █ Great Wall | █ Leoniz | █ Crypto Cosmic Circus | █ Aurora Oval | █ Oscillatory Universe
Other: Acceleration Research Society | Chrome Disaster | Other Burst Linkers | Enemies | Real World | Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden
A list of Accel World characters primarily associated with the White Legion, Oscillatory Universe.
The White King
The White King and legion master of Oscillatory Universe.
- Aloof Big Sister: To Kuroyukihime. Even thought they were on better terms before she manipulated Kuroyukihime into killing the Red King, she still refused to allow her own sister to join her Legion.
- Big Bad: She is the head of the Acceleration Research Society — the one that included the likes of Seiji Noumi.
- Broken Pedestal: To Kuroyukihime. It's indicated that she once held her in high regard, and they had a close relationship that facilitated White Cosmos becoming Kuroyukihime's parent, but after being manipulated and betrayed, Kuroyukihime is incredibly bitter.
- Cain and Abel: She's Kuroyukihime's older sister and her worst enemy who tricked her into beheading Red Rider.
- Cool Chair: Her design in spinoffs depicts her with an Enhanced Armament in the form of a floating throne which carries her around.
- Didn't See That Coming: Her plan to manipulate Kuroyukihime into killing Red Rider goes off without a hitch until Red Rider's gun ends up in Kuroyukihime's inventory, causing her to realize that his gift was harmless and that she'd been tricked.
- Good Powers, Bad People: One of the very few healers in Brain Burst, the others being Lime Bell(Chiyu) and one other person who quit the game. Her ability "Resurrection by Compassion" makes dead avatars come back to life... whether they want to or not. She uses this for torture.
- Healing Factor: She's one of the three healing types in Brain Burst, apart from Chiyu and an unnamed third person.
- Invisible to Normals: One of her special abilities allows her to become invisible to everybody except for other Level 9 players.
- Light Is Not Good: Despite being a white colored avatar, she is not a person you would call good. Given that she is the head of the Acceleration Research Society, and contributed to the death of Saffron Blossom resurrecting her over and over as she was killed and devoured.
- Manipulative Bitch:
- Kuroyukihime suspects that White Cosmos has been manipulating her for years, and reveals that she didn't want Haruyuki to meet (or hear too much about) her out of fear that White Cosmos would also manipulate him.
- She also manages to manipulate Megumi(Orchid Oracle) into doing her bidding by falsely promising to restore Saffron Blossom to Brain Burst, even though 1)Saffron Blossom is most likely dead in real life, and 2)White Cosmos was responsible for the incident in which Saffron Blossom and Chrome Falcon were forced into an unlimited EK, resulting in the former losing Brain Burst and the latter becoming Chrome Disaster.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": While her duel avatar is obscured in the main story, it received a design in the videogame Peak of Acceleration, which was reused in Accel World Vs Sword Art Online. She would eventually receive an illustration in book 26, with a completely different design.
- The Medic: One of the three known healer-type avatars in the Accelerated World.
- Necromancer: She has the ability to reanimate defeated Burst Linker avatars.
- Phosphor-Essence: On the rare occasions her avatar is seen, it's wrapped in a veil of light that obscures its true shape.
- Red Baron: Known by the title "Transient Eternity".
- She Is the King: One of the female Kings of the Accelerated World.
- Virtual Ghost: Her ability to resurrect dead Duel Avatars works even when the player behind them is no longer capable of returning to the game.
- Walking Spoiler: It's impossible to mention that she's anything other than the White King without spoiling a great deal about Kuroyukihime's backstory.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Upon realizing that her sister manipulated her, Kuroyukihime attacked White Cosmos in real life with a box cutter, injuring her. White Cosmos then decided to make the injury look worse than it actually was, resulting in Kuroyukihime getting thrown out of the house.
Executive Branch: Seven Dwarves
Introduced in book 20. A level 8 Burst Linker with one of the largest avatars in Brain Burst, standing at about 5 meters tall.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: Equipped with a powerful spiky tail which can take out multiple targets in a single swing.
- Breath Weapon: His "Sigh of Cocytus" grants him the ability to freeze things by breathing on them, which can extend to a 20-meter cloud if he blows hard enough. Despite being a normal attack which doesn't even require meter, its effects are so dramatic that Petit Paquet mistake it for an Incarnate technique.
- Freeze Ray: His "Congeal Ray" special attack, fired from one of the horns on his head, inflicts both damage and a freezing effect.
- Healing Factor: His icy armor repairs damage over time, which he can accelerate by breathing on damaged areas.
- In a Single Bound: Capable of leaping with surprising agility.
- Literally Shattered Lives: A favoured combat tactic. He makes his entrance by doing this to an entire building (one which Petit Paquet had previously thought indestructible, at that)
- Mundane Utility: Can use his blue "Congeal Ray" and red "Dissolve Ray" as signal flares to communicate with his allies.
- Red Baron: "Habakkuk", after a British plan to create a colossal aircraft carrier out of sawdust-imbued ice, which could theoretically be repaired just by pouring seawater on it.
- Smarter Than You Look: A dignified, congenial sort, who describes himself as the most gentlemanly of the Seven Dwarves. Given his appearance, however, his opponents tend to be surprised he can even talk.
- Worm Sign: His arrival is preceded by clouds of rolling fog.
The leader of the Seven Dwarves, who serves as the White King's representative during the Kings' meetings. He is also Black Vise, second-in-command of the Acceleration Research Society.
- Anti-Magic: His Incarnate technique Imaginary Time can cancel out other Incarnate techniques.
- Cover-Blowing Superpower: In book 21 he is forced to switch to his Black Vise form in order to defend against a surprise attack from Pard's Bloodshed Cannon. The end of the book reveals that Chocolate Puppeteer was recording him when this happened.
- Dual Mode Unit: His alter ego "Black Vise" has a completely different set of abilities from his normal form.
- In the Hood: His head is a "tower" resembling a capirote, giving the impression of a priest or someone hiding their appearance.
- Lean and Mean: His dual avatar has an elongated head and slender clawed arms.
- Mouth of Sauron: As the White King herself is never seen, Ivory Tower is authorised to speak on her behalf.
- The Nondescript: His "data pressure" is lower than the other Kings' attendants, and even his voice is described as "featureless, communicating nothing but the fact that he was probably male". Strangely, according to Metatron the actual amount of data in his avatar is very high, implying that he has some way of concealing his presence.
- Perception Filter: His Incarnate technique Undercover allows him to make himself and other Duel Avatars imperceptible, even preventing their names from showing up in the UI.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race: A personal philosophy of his, as he outlines in book 22:"Quick and slipshod before slow and careful. [...] It's an old saying. It means that if your work is skillful but measured, it will inevitably fall short of sloppy but fast. I've always though that this admonishment did not apply in the Accelerated World, where time is very nearly infinite. I believed you could take as much time as you wanted, that it was best to proceed slowly so that you made no omissions or blunders. [...] Heh-heh, you're as impatient as ever. I have been nothing but exasperated by your quick-and-dirty way, but this incident has made me realise that just as the saying has it, quick and dirty can beat slow and methodical in the Accelerated World as well. Aah, it is a delight and a surprise that there is still something for me to learn after so much time has passed here."
Rose MiladyIntroduced in book 21. One of the eleven Children of Saffron Blossom, who was taken in by the White Legion after her death.
- Green Thumb: Her abilities relate to controlling plants.
- Irony: She serves the White Legion because she believes that White Cosmos can bring her Parent back to life, unaware that Cosmos is responsible for her death in the first place.
- The Nicknamer: She is one of the few besides Sky Raker who calls Silver Crow "Corvus" (karasu-san).
- Noble Demon: Despite working for the White Legion, she is genuinely friendly towards the protagonists and tries to talk them out of getting hurt by fighting her powerful teammates.
- Random Effect Spell: Her Incarnate technique Secret Garden is implied to produce roses and vines in random colours, each with different effects.
Snow FairyIntroduced in book 21, of which she is the title character.
- An Ice Person: Most of her abilities relate to creating snow and ice.
- Beyond the Impossible: Capable of accelerating to the Highest Level without assistance from a Being, which Metatron claims should be impossible.
- Necessary Drawback:
- Her Brinicle's ice tornado is incredibly powerful, but also incredibly slow.
- Her Great Growler Incarnate technique freezes her in a block of ice with durability to put the Green King to shame... but she can't turn it off, effectively removing her from the fight until someone takes the time to whittle it down and free her.
- Poke in the Third Eye: When Haru and Metatron accelerate to the Highest Level during the Territory Battle, she impossibly notices them observing her (something Haru compares to a videogame character noticing the player), shows up on the Highest Level herself and attempts to sever Metatron's connection to Haru.
- Powerful, but Inaccurate: The ultimate form of her Brinacle Incarnate technique causes an ice tornado to slowly descend from the sky. While trivially easy to avoid, it deals outrageously high damage to immobilized targets (enough to One-Hit Kill multiple level 8 duel avatars at the same time).
- Snow Means Cold: The area of her snow Incarnation is filled with intense cold which can flash-freeze things passing through it and renders fire attacks useless.
- Weather Manipulation: Her Brinicle Incarnate technique causes snow to fall from the sky in an enormous area.
- Close-Range Combatant: Described as lacking any form of long-range attacks.
- Dramatic Ellipsis: Makes heavy use of these in his speech, described as "let[ting] the last word of each sentence linger in the air".
- Knight in Shining Armor: His avatar's theme, outdoing even Blue Knight in sheer knightliness.
- Light Is Not Good: Despite his heroic appearance, he works for the antagonists and seems to be rather cynical.
- Pegasus: Rides a tamed Enemy with the appearance of a winged White Stallion (implied to be the same species as the Hellish Horse ridden by Black Lotus in the Dusk Taker arc).
- Platinum Makes Everything Shinier: The greatest of noble metals, to go with the greatest member of the Seven Dwarves.
- Respected by the Respected: Sky Raker normally makes Crow swear never to escalate to Incarnate techniques unless the opponent uses Incarnate first. On realising that "Basher" is present, however, she panics and starts preparing Incarnate immediately.
Other Burst Linkers
Shadow CloakerA Ninja-themed blue avatar who debuts in book 21.
- Casting a Shadow: His Shadow Lurker technique, taught to him by his "master" Black Vise, lets him enter and travel through shadows.
- Fragile Speedster: Has below-average armor, but is nimble enough to tail a flying Silver Crow.
- Kiai: Yells things like "Nin!" and "Zan!" as he attacks.
- Ninja: Most of his avatar's abilities can be summed up as "being a ninja".
- Reverse Grip: He holds his ninja-to in this way.
- Shadow Pin: His Incarnate technique Shadow Tying lets him immobilise enemies by tossing a shuriken at their shadow. He's skilled enough to use it without calling an attack name or emitting enough Overlay for the opponent to get suspicious.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: "Inevitable, that knowledge. Thus determined, those persons shall find total loss here."
Megumi Wakamiya/Orchid Oracle
Kuroyukihime's best friend from real life, as well as a former Burst Linker. Her memories of the Accelerated World are restored, and she's convinced to help the White Legion in order to restore her parent, Saffron Blossom. For her other tropes, see Accel World Other Burst Linkers.