Accel World characters (index) Great Legions: █ Nega Nebulus | █ Prominence | █ Great Wall | █ Leoniz | █ Crypto Cosmic Circus | █ Aurora Oval | █ Oscillatory Universe
Other: Acceleration Research Society | Chrome Disaster | Other Burst Linkers | Enemies | Real World | Accel World/dural: Magisa Garden
A list of Accel World characters who do not fit into one of the other character pages, or whose affiliation is unknown.
Okinawan Burst Linkers
A Level 7 Burst Linker and former member of Purple Legion. He moved to Okinawa three years before the start of the series after his parents' divorce. He is also a high school freshman, Lagoon Dolphin's "parent", and "master" of Lagoon Dolphin and Coral Merrow.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Before he disappeared from Tokyo, he was famously known as "The Burst Linker with the Strongest Name". Since all Burst Linkers are Japanese citizens of Tokyo, few understood the English word "kingbolt". It's a world where only the strongest Burst Linkers earned the title of King, yet "King" was actually a part of his name, so those who didn't really know about him trembled when they heard he was coming. Even the "bolt" part of his name added to his legend; the Purple King, being a master and lover of lightning, had him recruited to her legion before ever meeting him because she assumed he was named Bolt because of a similar electrical nature. Though his title is meant partially as a joke, it also alludes to the respect afforded him as one of the truly strongest Burst Linkers in the Accelerated World.
- After becoming the parent to two newbie Burst Linkers in Okinawa, he exaggerated his reputation somewhat, leaving off part of his title and claiming that he was known as "The Strongest Burst Linker". Kuroyukihime, who knew the truth, did not tell his students the whole story because of her respect and affection for Crimson Kingbolt.
- Partially because his Duel Avatar's full name was considered simply too awesome, even for him, his friends and allies, like Black Lotus, called him "Crikin" for short.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Coral Merrow and Lagoon Dolphin. He was Dolphin's Guardian, who in turn was Merrow's guardian, and taught them everything they know about Brain Burst, albeit forgetting some rather crucial information.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Takes to hitting the virtual bottle because he and his students have no hope of defeating a mysterious Burst Linker who doesn't appear on the matching list in the real world, and who has tamed a legendary monster to rampage around in the Unlimited Neutral Field.
- Humongous Mecha: If he gathers up a large enough pile of scrap metal, he can use his Mega-Machine Awakening ability to merge with it and transform into an enormous humanoid robot. While its considerable firepower cannot compare with Scarlet Rain's Immobile Fortress, the Mega-Machine is considerably more agile, capable of leaping shocking distances for something so large. Between this agility and a humanoid form (including actual hands), Crimson Kingbolt's mecha could theoretically engage in close combat with enemies large and small in a way that the Immobile Fortress can't.
- In-Universe Nickname: "Crikin".
- Large Ham: He can be very overdramatic.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Until Scarlet Rain's ascent, he had the strongest long-range firepower in the Accelerated World's history. Despite not even being the original Level 9 Red King of Pure Color.
- Something We Forgot: Black Lotus, Lagoon Dolphin and Coral Merrow completely forget about him sinking in the sea after defeating Sulfur Pot.
Ruka Asato/Lagoon Dolphin
A Level 5 Burst Linker from Okinawa. She is the "parent" of Coral Merrow and the "child" of Crimson Kingbolt, as well as the latter's real-life cousin.
- Boyish Short Hair: She has short hair to go along her tomboyish and brash personality.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her hair and eyes are the same color.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: She has red hair and tanned skin and she's a pretty impulsive and energetic girl.
- Fiery Redhead: She has red hair and has the brash personality to go along with it.
- Naïve Newcomer: Like her friend Mana, she gives out her name to Kuroyukihime when meeting her in real life. In their case, their naivete is largely the result of few other Burst Linkers coming to Okinawa.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The impulsive and rash Red Oni to Mana's calm and polite Blue Oni.
- Spirited Competitor: She challenges Black Lotus to a duel for the fun of it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Mana's girly girl.
Mana Itosu/Coral Merrow
A Burst Linker from Okinawa and the "child" of Lagoon Dolphin.
- Naïve Newcomer: Rather naive when it comes to Brain Burst given they give out their names to Kuroyukihime when the met her in real life. Kuroyukihime is rather annoyed with Crimson Kingbolt for not teaching either of the girls about such a basic bit of common sense.
- Pink Means Feminine: She's the girly girl to Ruka's tomboy and she's completely pink as Coral Merrow.
- Rapunzel Hair: As Coral Merrow.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The calm and polite Blue Oni to Ruka's impulsive and rash Red Oni.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Ruka's tomboy.
Shihoko "Shiho" Nago/Chocolate Puppeteer
- A Darker Me: Acts significantly more confident and proper in Brain Burst than in real life, where she considers herself a painfully average person and usually defers to Yume. Mito invited her to Brain Burst after seeing her violent reaction to a kid who dumped chocolate sauce on her head, believing she had a fighter in her wanting to get out.
- Contest Winner Cameo: One of the avatars designed for a contest, who ended up having a larger role than originally planned. Though given the nature of some of her scenes, Kawahara both thanks and apologises to her designer in the afterword (insisting his editor put him up to it).
- Dungeon Bypass: The Legion Master Quest normally requires four people, but her Chocopets allowed Petit Paquet to do it with three.
- Eating the Enemy: Her Chocopets reform from physical damage, requiring attackers to burn them, freeze them... or eat them.
- Fairytale Motifs: Her net avatar is themed after Gretel.
- Fluffy Tamer: Forms a bond with a "Lava Carbuncle" Enemy which she nicknames Coolu, watching over and feeding it.
- Geo Effects: While Petit Paquet's playstyle has left her with relatively little duel experience, she is very familiar with Brain Burst's different field types and how to take advantage of them. In particular she's capable of retaining her balance while fighting on a trampoline-like stage, and her avatar's slick surface lets her move through water easily.
- Improvised Golems: Her Puppet Make summons autonomous chocolate puppets ("Chocopets") from the pools created by her Cocoa Fountain move.
- In-Universe Nickname: Usually called "Choco" in Brain Burst, and "Shiho" in real life.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Pronounces her avatar's name as "Chocolat Puppeter", finding the proper English a bit of a mouthful.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: While her special moves are focused on fighting from long range, she's also a surprisingly adept martial artist, being quite nimble and having some Muay Thai moves she learned from Mito.
- Mucking in the Mud: Her Cocoa Fountain move creates a pool of chocolate (up to 30 meters in diameter if she spends her entire special attack gauge) which both slows enemy movement and can be used to fuel her other abilities.
- Power-Up Food: Eating her Chocopets restores a small amount of the special move meter.
- Spanner in the Works: Her decision to record the battle in Volume 21 ends up providing the heroes with video evidence against the Acceleration Research Society- namely, that "Black Vise" and Ivory Tower are one and the same- even though she hadn't anticipated catching something this important on video.
- Spirited Young Lady: Evokes this image in Brain Burst, though not so much in real life.
- Stepford Smiler: Expresses worry that she's going through life wearing a friendly mask, and that it's why the system generated such a cute, nonthreatening avatar for her.
- Super-Cute Superpowers: Summons delicious chocolate via beams of pink light (matching her eyes, which she describes as "the colour of strawberry cream").
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Expresses embarrassment in real life at her chocolate-based powers, seeing her allergy as an extremely minor "trauma" and worrying that she just comes across as a weird glutton.
- You Taste Delicious: When Crow asks if her armour is really made of chocolate, she says everyone asks that and tells Crow to taste her hand just to get it out of the way. Unfortunately, Haru is both a Big Eater and currently starving, so he becomes distracted analysing her fingers' exquisite flavour and keeps licking, greatly weirding Choco out.
Satomi "Sato" Mito/Mint Mitten
- Book Dumb: Has the worst grades of the trio.
- Fun with Palindromes: "Mi-to Sa-to-mi" is read the same backwards and forwards, which she points out.
- An Ice Person: Downplayed, in keeping with her mint theme. One of her Special Attacks, "Vapour Compression", blows freezing air from her hands, but the others just create the sensation of cold.
- In-Universe Nickname: Chocolate Puppeteer calls her "Min-Min". In real life, her friends call her "Sato".
- The Paralyzer: Her special attack "Menthol Blow" (and its more powerful variant "Icilin Strike") fires a fist-shaped blast of light which deals no damage, but causes sensations of intense cold which leave the target temporarily unable to move.
- Superpowered Evil Side: One of the victims of the ISS Kit.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: None of the group have any idea why Mito would have Personality Powers based on mint. Their best guess is that she's so mentally stable that the system gave up on trying to find a trauma and just based her avatar on her palindromic name instead (the katakana for Mint Mitten read "Mi-n-to Mi-to-n").
Yume Yuruki/Plum Flipper
- Deadly Gas: Her "Cyanide Shot" fires balls of light from her slingshot that embed in the target and release poisonous gas, inflicting damage over time.
- In-Universe Nickname: Chocolate Puppeteer calls her "Pliko".
- The Smart Guy: Described as the brains of Petit Paquet - "in other words, in the Takumu position".
- Superpowered Evil Side: One of the victims of the ISS Kit.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: The trauma which shaped her avatar is a time she once choked on a plum. Like her teammates, she finds this embarrassing compared to the serious issues that shaped the avatars of other Burst Linkers out there.
Beryllium CoilA level 5 Burst Linker and Master of the midsize Legion "Helix", which engages in Territory Battles against Prominence during the events of Prominence Trajectory.
- Dual Wielding: Initially had a knife in only one arm, but gained a second one as he levelled up.
- In a Single Bound: On reaching level 5 he gained additional springs in his shins, allowing him to make powerful jumps.
- Sinister Switchblade: Has powerful springs in each arm, which can be used to extend large jackknives.
- Spring Coil: His avatar's main theme.
- The Strategist: While Helix lacks the raw battle power of the major Legions, they've earned a lot of respect for Coil's excellent combat tactics.
- Sword and Fist: Equally adept with knives and punching attacks, which he uses to keep his enemies off-guard and maintain distance.
Chili PowderA red-orange avatar who fights Pard's team during Prominence Trajectory.
- Awesome, but Impractical: His grenades have a large blast radius combined with a short range, which makes it difficult for him to deliver them safely. Coil attempts to circumvent this by copying Nega Nebulus's "ICBM" combo, carrying Chili under one arm and using his new jumping abilities to let him rain Death from Above.
- Glass Cannon: His grenades are a powerful Area of Effect attack, but his armour is poor.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: His special attack "Red-Hot Grenade" throws spicy smoke bombs that both damage enemies and disrupt their senses.
Verdant ColossusA large green avatar who fights Pard's team during Prominence Trajectory.
Cinnamon RaccoonA large brown avatar who fights Pard's team during Prominence Trajectory.
Azalea BatonA midsize purple avatar who fights Pard's team during Prominence Trajectory.
Rutile CheckA small yellow avatar who fights Pard's team during Prominence Trajectory.
The last player of Accel Assault 2038, one of Brain Burst 2039's two defunct sibling games. Antagonist of the Reverberation OVA.
- Canon Foreigner: Created for the OVA, and contradicts some of the information on Accel Assault introduced in later novels.
Megumi Wakamiya/Orchid Oracle
Secretary of Umesato Junior High Student Council and a good friend of Kuroyukihime. She is also a Burst Linker who lost her memories of the game upon a defeat.
- Affectionate Nickname: Saffron Blossom, her parent calls her "Okki."
- All for Nothing: She's confronted with the fact that even if she goes along with White Cosmos' plan and succeeds, White Cosmos won't bring Saffron Blossom back.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She was the girl who greeted Haru upon him accepting Kuroyukime's summons to the lounge, and asked him what he needed there.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In Episode 24, she is visibly annoyed to see Haruyuki approaching Kuroyukihime, who has just stepped off a train (with Megumi still onboard).
- Death Glare: In Episode 24, she stares at Haru with glowing red eyes as her train departs from the station, jealous of him meeting up with Kuroyukihime.
- FaceHeel Turn: After regaining her memories of being a Burst Linker, she agrees to help the White Legion in the hopes of bringing Saffron Blossom back.
- Geo Effects: One of Orchid Oracle's abilities is to forcibly change battle stages.
- HeelFace Turn: After Haru helps her realize the truth, she turns on the White Legion and helps Nega Nebulus win the day.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She's forgotten her time as a Burst Linker, but subconsciously hears a voice calling her(later revealed to be Saffron Blossom), thus enabling her to briefly connect and save Kuroyukihime. Thanks to someone who is associated with the White Legion, she regains her memories and her Duel Avatar.
- Last-Name Basis: She calls Haru "Arita-kun," since she's merely an acquaintance to him. She continues to do so when she meets him as Orchid Oracle.
- Magical Girl: Her Duel Avatar looks like one.
- Nice Girl: She leaves a lasting impression on Haruyuki by being one of the few people who didn't tacitly disapprove of him coming to meet Kuroyukhime in the lounge (which is supposed to be off-limits to seventh-graders), but instead politely asked him what she needed. Even her betrayal of Kuroyukihime is done for understandable reasons.
- Only Friend: Kuroyukihime calls Megumi her only friend that isn't part of Brain Burst, as well as her anchor in the real world. Considering that Kuroyukihime's Legion had broken up after her failed raid on the Imperial Palace, Megumi was Kuroyukihime's only friend period until she met Haruyuki.
- Please Kill Me If It Satisfies You: She insists that Black Lotus kill her Duel Avatar to win the Territories battle for Nega Nebulus.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Kuroyukihime. Haru realizes that they're friends, but he doesn't think that the word is enough to describe their bond, knowing that it's a bond of trust and compassion, not unlike the one between parent and child.
- Skinship Grope: She likes to grope Kuroyukihime.
- Wistful Amnesia: Even though she's lost all memory of Brain Burst, she has some recollection of visiting a strange fantasy world. She believes she did so by reading a book, but can't remember the book's name.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks in a manner fitting his appearance.
- Genius Bonus: "Trilead tetraoxide" is a compound better known as red lead, which is extremely unlikely to be the real name of a blue avatar.
- The Hermit: While friendly, he doesn't interact with other Burst Linkers and his "home" is very difficult to reach.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Wields one of the Seven Arcs, "The Infinity" - a sword that grows stronger over time while sheathed, with no upper limit, but resets back to its base stats after each use.
- In-Universe Nickname: "Lead", shortened from his alias.
- King Incognito: Implied. It's never explained how he got inside the Accelerated World's version of the Japanese Imperial Palace, and he doesn't seem to have ever been outside it either. Added to when the real-life Lead shows up in book 20, and accidentally mentions something about ditching a bodyguard.
- Mundane Utility: His sword is potentially the strongest weapon in Brain Burst, but due to the one-shot nature of its attack he relies more on his own skills in combat, using its power only to attack the barrier that prevents players from entering or leaving the Imperial Palace.
- Public Domain Artifact: Discussed in book 19, where the characters note where his sword was found and guess that it was placed in the game as a reference to the Kusanagi.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it "Azure Heir" or "Azure Air"?
A bunch of nameless Avatars that appear on the sidelines and usually watch Crow fight.
- Contest Winner Cameo: All the avatars are from a "Design your own Avatar!" contest hosted a while back.
- Almighty Janitor: Implied given his high level of intelligence in deducing Burst Linker identities.
- Author Avatar: Appears to be a stand-in for Kawahara himself
- Creator Cameo: Tin Writer (the gray colored, glasses-wearing metal avatar) in Japanese is voiced by the author himself.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In Accel World vs Sword Art Online he mentions he has knowledge coming from a higher level but in a different way to Metatron, possibly alluding to the fact that he's an Author Avatar. Ironically, his appearance in this game is not voiced by the actual author.
- Spot of Tea: Loves to drink tea with others.
One of the Burst Linkers Silver Crow battled against with Aqua Current. She uses the electric poles in her palms to control the flow of electric current.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Tiny Girl to Sand Duct's Huge Guy.
Nickel Doll's partner. He uses the ducts in his hands to create a sandstorm vacuum.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Huge Guy to Nickel Doll's Tiny Girl.
Kyouya Shinomiya/Mirror Masker
Ardor Maiden's "Parent" and (deceased) real-life older brother. His duel avatar was part white and part silver, with a shape reflecting his lifelong training as a Noh performer.
- Big Brother Mentor: He was quite close to Utai, and became her Parent in Brain Burst.
- Ironic Death: Dies in real life when one of his family's giant Noh mirrors falls on him and shatters.
- Mirrors Reflect Everything: His signature ability, "Theoretical Mirror", made light-based attacks useless against him.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Like Maiden his avatar is two-tone, something highly unusual in a system that places so much emphasis on an avatar's signature colour.
- Posthumous Character: Dies before the start of the story, leaving a deep mark on Utai. His history becomes relevant when his "Theoretical Mirror" ability is brought up as a possible counter to Metatron's One-Hit Kill laser, with the other Legions spurring Silver Crow (as the duel avatar currently closest to a mirror) to try developing the same ability.
Risa Tsukiori/Nitride Uncia
Main character of the film Accel World: Infinite Burst, responsible for awakening Nyx of the Four Deities. Her avatar is themed after a snow leopard.
- The Cameo: In the main series, her accident appears briefly on television at the start of book 22.
- Career-Ending Injury: Risa falls on her head during a gymnastics performance, ending her career and driving her to despair.
- Friendless Background: She says that she was alone for a long time, and tells Haruyuki that she has no one waiting for her in the real world. Luckily for her, Haruyuki and his friends visit her after defeating Nyx, and her teammates are there for her in the hospital.
- Time Abyss: According to Nyx, Nitride Uncia was in the Accelerated World for thousands of years.