Alice and Bob have a somewhat antagonistic relationship and but they meet on somewhat civil terms during which time Alice notices some "sauce" is on Bob's face, but instead of telling him about it civilly, Alice (and it's typically Alice) decides to eat it directly off his face.
This is when a character licks/eats off the face or body of another person, usually an uneasy ally or Belligerent Sexual Tension romance partner at best or a Big Bad at worst. Unresolved Sexual Tension is a frequently observed between characters partaking in this; Combat Sadomasochism is also very common. The taster will most often outright lick whatever is on the man or woman directly off (blood and the face itself are common targets as well as, maybe, food). Sometimes, characters may use their fingers to pick and eat off someone. This is almost always presented with some degree of sensuality.
Expect the man or woman being tasted to be very uncomfortable and unnerved by this. No matter what, the licker will always comment on how the man or woman tastes, and he or she always tastes exquisite. Can easily lead to Foe Yay.
A Lighter and Softer variation of this trope may see a character covered in food, such as after a Pie in the Face or Food Fight, and another character picking the food off the person with his/her finger and find it to be "not bad." These situations often overlap with Romance-Inducing Smudge.
See I Taste Delicious for self-tasting instances.
- In Kaze no Stigma while Kazuma was pouring a bottle of fine wine, some of it splashed onto Ayano's face. He decides not to let it go to waste and licks it off her face. She, naturally, freaks out.
- Anko did this to Naruto once, with his blood. Definitely not played for romance.
- In Rurouni Kenshin, Shishio bites a chunk of flesh out of Kenshin to demonstrate that he's dead serious about his philosophy (the flesh of the weak is the food of the strong). He then claims that Kenshin tastes terrible. Also most definitely not played for romance.
- In the third episode of Queen's Blade, Leina is tricked into oil wrestling Echindna (she thought it would be mud wrestling like earlier in the episode), during the match Echinda licks some oil off her check, which might be the tamest thing she did to her in the match.
- Black Bird: Kyo licks some ice cream off the corner of Misao's lips. This is a weird case: It's one of those "cementing-the-guy's-status-as-a-perverted-deviant", but it's also a romantic gesture between the two, whose relationship is...interesting, to say the least.
- Ouran High School Host Club. The twins, Hikaru and Kaoru, often pull this with Haruhi. Mostly to goad Tamaki. Mostly...
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 5 gives us Bruno Buccellati's Ho Yay version of the lie detector. (Namely, licking one's sweat to check if they're lying since "a liar's sweat tastes sweet.") "This taste... is the taste of a liar!◊ Giorno Giovanna!"
- Manyu Hikencho: Done by Kagefusa at the end of her introduction scene in episode 1, after she's finished raping Kaede. Kagefusa holds up her hand to show that her fingers are moist with strands of Kaede's cum, then licks them clean.
- Kureha from Tokkô does a variant of this when she first meets Ranmaru; She comes up to him and licks his face and comments on the way he tastes. She does it to see if she can "taste" a phantom inside him.
- In Rosario + Vampire, Kokoa licks the blood off Tsukune's face. From her point of view, it's not romantic, the blood was going to be wasted otherwise. From his point of view it's very creepy.
- There is a Running Gag in Wild ARMs involving the main character having blood that is very tasty to vampires, enough to force a marriage just to be near him.
- In Strontium Dog, Durham Red (pictured above) likes to nibble on Johnny Alpha to taste his blood when he cuts his face. She even asks Johnny if he'd be willing to donate a pint, which Johnny declines. She also does this to Ronald Reagan when he accidentally cut himself, which really freaks him out; although it should be noted that Reagan cut his leg and not his face, which might have been pretty bad.
- The Avengers when Whirlwind licks the cheek of an unconscious Wasp.
- Season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: a vampire speculates Buffy tastes good. Satsu states "You have no idea. Did I Just Say That Out Loud?"
- A rather disgusting example: During the Maximum Carnage crossover, Venom rescues Mary Jane from Carnage in a nightclub (because he owes Peter for something that happened earlier) and then licks her face (as in, with his symbiote-create tongue) as a way of showing affection. (Of course, she's utterly disgusted by it.)
- Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Kaitō Kokoro: Kiku and Feliciano had a food fight, and let's just say it led to something more...
- In the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story "Empath's Honeymoon", Smurfette falls into a pool of chocolate mud. Then, when Empath fails to pull her out, he goes in as well. Realizing that they're both covered in chocolate mud, they decide to spend some time licking each other in it.
- Rugrats Go Wild! has Spike say this to Eliza as he's licking her face when she tells him she'll help him find his family.
- Men in Black II:
- While the villainess was talking to K she stuck her tongue in his ear. This was actually an improv by Lara Flynn Boyle in an attempt to make Tommy Lee Jones break character. It didn't work.
- At the beginning of the movie, a mugger licks said villainess' cheek and gives this line. She gives it back after eating him whole.
- In Transporter 2 Lola, who is by far the most depraved villain in the movie, does this to Frank when he is captured.
- Owen Wilson possibly has a fetish for this. This trope appears in both Shanghai Knights and in You, Me and Dupree. Notably, they're both fantasy sequences. In the former, Fann Wong, playing Jackie Chan's character's sister, licks Owen Wilson's face, something that Roy — Wilson's character — dreams when he's unconscious. In the latter, Kate Hudson licks Wilson's face, this time in a fantasy (or nightmare) sequence of Carl Peterson, Kate Hudson's character's husband.
- The Mask: While Stanley is with Tina, she suddenly starts licking his ear. Then he wakes up and discovers that it was a dream, and his dog Milo is licking him.
- Batman Returns: While Batman is flat on his back and Catwoman is straddling his chest, she acts like she's going to kiss him but instead licks his chin and lips much like a cat.
- In the movie Mitchell, MST3K mocked this when Linda Evans offered Joe Don Baker the opportunity to lick some beer off her and he declined.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day. While Sarah is being held in the mental hospital a male attendant licks her face while she's tied to a bed.
- GoldenEye. Alec Trevelyan (a.k.a. Janus), licks the cheek of his hostage Natalya. He later tells Bond that she "tastes like strawberries."
- Otis in House of 1000 Corpses licks the cheek of bound-and-gagged Denise while wearing a mask made out of her father's face.
- Murder by Numbers. Richie licks Cassie's face during their last scene together.
- In Spawn, Clown/Violator licks Wanda's face with his demon tongue, exclaiming that she Tastes Like Chicken.
- Face/Off. When Castor is keeping Archer's daughter hostage during the church stand-off, he licks her face to further creep her out and enrage Archer. As he's wearing her father's face at the time, this inexplicable sexual assault by the person whom she thinks at the moment is her father only further confuses and traumatizes her.
- In Spaceballs this is pretty literal, as Vinnie the cyber-mobster starts tasting parts of his boss, Pizza the Hutt. At one point, Vinnie actually says, "Boss, you're delicious."
- A really weird example in Japanese movie The Returner has the male villain lick a female scientist... to assert his dominance.
- Inverted completely in one scene in Forrest Gump. Forrest is disgusted after one of the girls Dan brings to their apartment kisses him. After Dan chases them out for calling Forest stupid, Forrest apologizes, saying that it was because she tasted like an ash tray.
- In the movie Rushlights, in about over half an hour into the film, the main villain terrorizes Sarah about transferring assets into his wallet, she attempts to leave but he wants to have some fun and licks her face twice.
- In Hannibal Rising near the end of the movie, a woman is tied up to a chair and as the villain is taunting the protagonist, he claims to add some color to her cheek and by that he means licking her face before forcefully making out with her.
- At the climax of The Mummy (2017), Ahmanet pins down Nick (whom she is looking to make her consort) and licks his face with an Overly Long Tongue.
- A female on female example in Faust: Love of the Damned, when the Bad Girl Dark Mistress licks the Good Girl Love Interest during a BDSM-themed torture session.
- In what might be a very literal use of this trope (and in a children's book, at that!), this is said to have happened in the first Wayside School book: to help Maurecia find who she likes (not in that way) in the class, Mrs. Jewls brings in ice cream that is "flavored" as the different students. The more she subconsciously likes a student, the better that student's ice cream will taste (this works for the other students, too). In the end, Maurecia has tried all of the students' flavors and found that she liked all of them (except Kathy, who no one likes), but she does like the Todd-flavored ice cream the most. This, however, leads to Maurecia trying to take a bite out of Todd himself every now and then...
- On The Steve Harvey Show, Regina arranged for Steve to get a Pie in the Face as a prank but changed her mind before she could call it off so she ran on stage and took the pie herself. Steve then ate some of the cream off her face and said, "Key Lime my favorite."
- In the NCIS episode "Driven", the team has to go to Sensitivity Training and Tony was leaning back on Ziva's desk. When the instructor described "Red Light Behavivor", Ziva decided to lick Tony's ear, which caused him to jump up in the middle of the class.
- The My Name Is Earl DVD Extra "Bad Karma" (which is the alleged "First Pilot," where Earl gets inspiration not from Carson Daly talking about Karma but from Stewie Griffin talking about revenge against those who wronged him) shows Earl getting revenge on Kenny the guy Earl helped in the original pilot by getting Kenny to have sex with a dude, specifically a transvestite hooker. (A little later it's revealed that Kenny is gay and he likes it.) The hooker shows up in Kenny's house and Kenny sprays Mace at hir but accidentally sprays it in his own eyes instead. The next scene is Kenny recuperating, saying, "Thanks for holding me down and licking the Mace out of my eyes, I really think it helped." This parallels a similar scene in the real pilot episode where he thanks Earl for prying his eyelids open and pouring milk on his eyes.
- In season 2 of Dexter, Dexter is using a dummy filled with fake blood made from corn syrup to recreate a crime scene, and Lila wipes some of the blood off of Dexter's arm with her finger and eats it, saying that it's "not bad".
- In the episode of Titus where Titus' mom is first introduced, she drugs everybody, and Erin falls face first into her mashed potatoes. Later, Titus picks her head up, says "Honey...we need to drill more...", then licks some gravy off her forehead.
- In an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess called "The Devi", a possessed Gabrielle licks Xena's cheek.
- Puppets Diddy Dick and Dom from Dick & Dom in da Bungalow were fairly prone to this; in one sketch Diddy Dom squeezed a zit over Diddy Dick's face and licked it. ("Mmm! Tastes like lemon!")
- Once Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson were fighting the Smoking Gunns for the WWF World Tag Team Titles and the Gunns' manager Sunny came down to the ring with a large sheet cake for Michaels's birthday. However, after she interfered in the match, Ahmed threw her into the cake face first, and Michaels then grabbed her and began licking the icing off her face.
- Victoria once licked Stacy Keibler, remarking how she could "taste" Stacy's fear.
- When Cat Power licked interviewer Amber Gertner's cheek following a backstage interview in the all-women promotion SHIMMER, the incident was not deemed something erotic but was instead just flat out scary enough to make the commentators shudder.
- For those who didn't already know Delirious, it was quickly established what he was all about in Elite Wrestling, as his debut included chasing referee Don Matthews, trying to eat his hair. Delirious then tried to eat Cheeseburger.
- Similarly, a curious Sienna Duvall has tugged on Heidi Lovelace's hair, with her teeth.
- In Fire Emblem Awakening, during a support conversation between Stahl and Panne, she'll lick food off of his face. Depending on whether you choose to pair them, this can either be an awkward moment or an adorable sign of affection.
- While we haven't seen her doing any actual licking of the characters (since the vast majority of the character interactions are through an instant messaging system), Terezi of Homestuck makes quite a few references to this, since she's actually blind, and uses taste and smell to "see" colors.
- In Shortpacked!, Leslie tries to seduce Robin by invoking this trope. It doesn't quite work.
- This Is the Worst Idea You've Ever Had! has a variation of this: "You do smell rather... delicious." "Ew."
- The "I has a flavor" aspect of LOLCats should probably be mentioned.
- In Storm Hawks, Aerrow and Piper were eavesdropping on the Big Bad, Master Cyclonis, when she sensed them outside and threw a catering cart at the door, knocking the two of them down. Cyclonis then went over to Piper, who had some cream on her face. She ate it and then said that it was "not bad, except for the sour Storm Hawk aftertaste".
- The whole reason Fanboy and Chum Chum keep Barry over for tests at the Fanlair in "Berry Sick" is because he tastes like Frosty Freezy Freeze.
- In one episode of Littlest Pet Shop (2012), the main pet characters meet a cat named Sugar Sprinkles, who often hides inside a food truck drawer full of... sugar sprinkles, leaving her head and tail covered with the topping. Penny Ling licks the cat's head first chance she gets, but the cat is so okay with it, she invites the others to do the same.
- The South Park episode "Scott Tenorman Must Die" has Cartman licking Scott's face at the end.
Cartman: Yes! Yesss!! Oh, let me taste your tears, Scott! Mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet.
- Played for Laughs in the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "The Smoking Peanut". When Patrick, who's attempting the solve the mystery of who made Clamu the Oyster cry, seems to (rightly) suspect SpongeBob of being involved, he brags that he's so close to solving the crime that he can almost taste it, and licks the side of SpongeBob's head. Then the camera cuts out to show that he's actually licking a popsicle.