Hello! Hello! How are you all doing today? How are the kids?
All right, you all know how to play the game! Contestants will take a piece of media... and, through a number of deliberate misunderstandings, a few Alternate Character Interpretations, taking some things out of context, assuming that everything presented was meant to be taken as instructional and serious, and reading in more than a little Fanon, make it seem like the creators were attempting to deliver a terrible, terrible message to the kids at home...no matter how utterly off-base it is!
But, before we begin, let's just go over the three rules of the game, shall we? Rule number one! Make sure to read the above paragraph before adding a example. Rule number two! This is not Headscratchers with a sarcastic tone, and if you think it is, get out. And, last but not least, rule number three! This page is Just for Fun, serious attempts at finding a Family-Unfriendly Aesop, and Real Life examples will be purged. Oh, and remember, folks, Whining costs twenty million points, so there's that.
...and whatever you do, don't change the channel to Sugar Wiki for Sweeten That Aesop. And don't mix this show up with Things We Have Learnt from Media — that's just facts, this show is about 'truths' and principles.
Round One! Ready.... GO!
- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Fic
- Film - Animation
- Film - Live Action
- Live-Action TV
- Music Videos
- Professional Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- Warp That Aesop: It's okay to distort the truth and promote bad morality if it entertains you.
- Complaining about aesops you don't like is okay if you cover it under a thin coat of snark.
- Everything you watch, everything you read and every game you play is teaching you a horrible lesson.
- Darth Wiki: Ruining your eyesight and being snarky go hand in hand.
- Dethroning Moment of Suck: One bad episode is all it takes to permanently damage an entire series for a single person.
- Lacking a sense of humour is a valid reason for hating something that wasn't made just for you and you alone.
- It is a-okay to drop a show for having politics you don't agree with!
- The Western Animation subpage: Cartoons are very Serious Business. Enough to write academic essays on why they're terrible.
- Nightmare Fuel: Don't worry, it's more than perfectly okay to read an entire page of things guaranteed to give you nightmares at night, hence the page title!
- Children can't handle anything remotely scary in movies or shows made for them. Most are too scary for adults too.
- Tropers are gigantic pansies who are afraid of their own shadows.
- No Real Life Examples, Please!: You aren't allowed to say that Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pot were evil.
- You can never have nice pages on the internet because people get so butt-hurt over things they disagree with.
- Poison Oak Epileptic Trees: Tropers are all sickos.
- Troper Tales: Complaining about your life on the internet will solve all your problems.
- Bragging about being a badass makes you awesome!
- Trope Pantheons: Anime, video game and cartoon characters are all really Gods who demand your sacrifices.
- Want to circumvent the rules on Tv Tropes? Just make a massive group-written crossover fan fiction.
- That Troper: You never make mistakes or do anything wrong on Tv Tropes, it's always some other evil troper doing it on purpose.
- YMMV Only: Do not put non in-universe examples on the main pages!....unless for some reason we let examples on these, in that case proceed to moan about shows you don't like to your heart's content.