Four friends, Mathieu (Elbaz), Louis (Harel), Coralie (Viard) and Nadine (Pailhas) decide to go on vacation together in Corsica. They plan to go hiking. Their guide is Éric (Poelvoorde), Nadine's boyfriend.
A sequel, Les Randonneurs à Saint-Tropez, was made in 2008.
Les Randonneurs provides examples of:
- Amicable Exes:
- Louis and Nadine. She even gives him advice about his current relationship with Jennifer.
- Subverted with Nadine and Éric. After Éric dumps her, Nadine tells him that they can stay friends, but she calls his wife to tell her that Éric cheated on her.
- Camping Episode: Four friends decide to go on vacation together in Corsica. They plan to go hiking. They will sleep in mountain huts and tents.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In a flashback, Jennifer, Louis's girlfriend, is extremely jealous. She gets angry when Louis talks and laughs with other girls.
- Emasculated Cuckold: Jennifer constantly cheats on her boyfriend Louis with other guys. Louis is a weak man who loves her and he does not dare to break up with her, even if she humiliates him. He is a Love Martyr.
- Fast Forward to Reunion: After the credits, a text explains that some time later Mathieu met Éric by chance and they exchanged numbers. Subverted, because they have never called each other back.
- Flashback: Several flashbacks recount Louis and Coralie's backstories.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Mathieu and Louis. Mathieu has no stable job, he is short of money and he only thinks of having fun, whereas Louis has a stable job and lends him money.
- Gratuitous English: "We are together", says Éric when Coralie wants to leave the group of hikers.
- Happily Ever After: In the end, Coralie gets married with Jean-Jacques.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: In the flashback, Jennifer drinks a lot in a night club and she is sick in the taxi on the way back.
- Horrible Camping Trip: The vacation does not go well. A mountain hut is full and the hikers have to sleep in tents. Then there is the pouring rain. Later, they get lost, a wild boar eat their food and they have a quarrel.
- Hypocritical Humor: After a very long and wordy explanation about the act of walking, Éric suggests the other hikers not to talk to save their breath.
- Jerkass: Éric. He cheats on his wife. He cannot admit that he made mistakes. He destroys a cigarette for no reason. He drops the group. He throws a stone at Louis. He breaks up with Nadine.
- Love Martyr: Louis. Jennifer is extremely jealous. She is unfaithful. She also has a bad temper and shouts a lot. Nevertheless, it is difficult for Louis to break up with her.
- Operation: Jealousy: In a flashback, Jennifer, Louis's girlfriend, goes to a nightclub. She tries and pick men up to torment Louis, who is watching.
- Prophecies Are Always Right: A fortune teller predicted that Coralie would meet someone important for her in the summer. This person would carry something on his shoulders. In the end, Coralie meets her future husband on the ferry. He carries his daughter on his shoulders.
- Right Through the Wall: In the hotel, Mathieu and Louis hear the noise made by Nadine and Éric when they are having sex.
- Rope Bridge: The hikers have to cross a rope bridge. Éric says that it is easy, but the others are reluctant. Éric, Nadine and Mathieu cross it easily, but Louis is stuck in the middle because he has vertigo. Éric has to bring him to the other side. In the meanwhile, Coralie has crossed the river at a ford a bit further.
- The Slacker: Mathieu has no stable job, he is short of money and he only thinks of having fun.
- Stylistic Suck: Coralie's theatre play in the flashback is really, really poor.
- Tantrum Throwing:
- Louis throws the camera away right after Mathieu takes a photograph of him crossing the rope bridge.
- Éric throws a stone at Louis out of anger.
- Waiting for a Break: As her acting carreer does not take off, Coralie has to work as an estate agent.