Introducing Suzy Puppy; the pup that everyone loves! A little girl is delighted to have her...only to learn that her supposedly perfect puppy isn't all that she seems.
Compare Cutie Polluties, a series of grotesquely-cute plush animals hiding dark secrets (just with pollution instead of puppy farms).
- Break the Cutie: The little girl, who becomes more and more horrified by Suzy's condition as the ad progresses. By the end, she's left in shock and speechless as she has to bury her poor puppy.
- Censored Child Death: Suzy's inevitable death from her many illnesses is only talked about; her actual death and bodynote are not shown on screen.
- Death of a Child: Suzy dies at the end of the ad.
- Eye Scream: Suzy's conjunctivitis is so bad, one of her eyes is bulging out of her head.
- Fun with Acronyms: Well, it certainly isn't fun, but the ad ends with an acronym called P.U.P.S to remember how to buy a puppy responsibly.
- P is for Parent - Never buy a puppy without meeting their mother.
- U is for Underage - Never buy a puppy that is under eight weeks old.
- P is for Papers - Always check your puppy's papers.
- S is for Sickness - Always check your puppy for sickness.
- Ill Girl: Suzy, who is suffering from parvovirus, conjunctivitis, diarrhoea, and fleasnote .
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: At the end of the ad, the music slows down and takes on a more sinister tone when the little girl has to bury Suzy.
- Minimalist Cast: The only characters are Suzy, the little girl, and the narrator.
- Missing Mom: Suzy was taken away from her mother, who is not shown in the ad.
- The real Suzy toy reveals that Suzy's mother was slaughtered not long after Suzy's birth.
- Mood Whiplash: The ad starts out cutesy and innocent, but starts to get dark when Suzy is shown to be very sick. The ad then takes an ever darker turn when Suzy's mother is revealed to have spent her life in a dark cage, and at the end, Suzy succumbs to her illnesses.
- Pink Means Feminine: Many things in the ad, from the logo to the girl's clothing to the bedroom set, is pink.
- Potty Failure: Suzy has diarrhoea, and ends up going on the floor (which is shown in full detail).
- Tag Line: "Only 6 weeks to live!"
- Uncatty Resemblance: Downplayed; both Suzy and the little girl wear pink bows in their hair.