This is the worst moment, in your mind, for any character, work, series, or entire franchise. This is the nadir, the lowest point, the polar opposite of the Moment of Awesome. It is the moment you hang your head in shame when thinking about, or pretend never happened.
Now these moments are not necessarily the moment you think a show Jumped the Shark. It can just be a low point, but with the show recovering afterwards.
What makes it the worst? That depends on individual tastes. It could be just an episode or arc that is extremely boring or pointless. Whatever the reason, that is the Dethroning Moment of Suck. Feel free to post your personal examples here; just remember, these are specific dethroning moments of suck, not just bashing an entire character, series or work. You're only allowed one moment per specific work, so if you've got more than one, then decide which was the absolute suckiest for you, not just any moment that ticked you off or offended you.
Keep in mind:
- Sign your entries with your own handle. We can see it in the edit history. If you are moving an entry to a more appropriate page, please mention it in both edit histories to avoid confusion.
- This is for fan reactions to most media (except Reality TV, News and Executive Meddling). No real life examples either - it just brings a Flame War.
- Do not use this index to complain about this index - not even as a joke.
- Specific moments only. Don't just say something like, "Everything he said," or "The whole movie/episode."
- Do not remove an entry from the page nor create a Justifying Edit to defend a moment - it's an opinion. Caveat: A Moment may be removed if it is blatantly untrue or otherwise breaks the rules. However, if you do remove an entry, move it to discussion and explain what is wrong (blatantly untrue, multiple entries for the same work, unsigned, etc). Even if the rules were broken, people should know what they did wrong.
- No natter.
- Try and make entries actual DMoSs, not just a protracted whinge about how bad a show has become. Deconstructions of tasteless jokes don't really count.
- No ALLCAPS, no bold, and no italics unless it's the title of a work. We are not yelling the DMoSes out loud.
- Editing another person's entry should only be done for the following reasons, or ones very like them:
- Correcting grammar, spelling, format, and punctuation,
- Fixing red links and other broken links, renamed tropes, and examples of Square Peg, Round Trope.
- Moving to a more appropriate page, either because the moment was filed under the wrong type of work or because a page dedicated to the work has or was created.
- Removing inappropriate uses of ALLCAPS, bold, and italics,
- Deleting links to inappropriate websites.
- Removing anything else that would violate website policy which Darth Wiki hasn't been given specific allowance for.
- Editing for clarity is one thing, but if you change the essence of what was entered, you are vandalizing the entry of someone else and that is just as bad as, if not worse than, removing an entry without proper justification.
Compare/Contrast Crowning Moment of Indifference.
- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Comic Strips
- Fan Works
- Films — Animation
- Films — Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Pro Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
Waldorf: No, I think this moment was part of a dethroning SHOW of suck!