The King's Man is an upcoming action film directed and produced by Matthew Vaughn. It is a prequel to the Kingsman film series, which is loosely based on a comic book series created by Dave Gibbons and Mark Millar. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Ralph Fiennes, Harris Dickinson, Liam Neeson, Daniel Brühl, Rhys Ifans, Gemma Arterton, Aaron Johnson, Charles Dance, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Djimon Hounsou, and Stanley Tucci.
The film is scheduled to be released on February 14, 2020.
This film provides examples of:
- Bookcase Passage: The first trailer shows Ralph Fiennes' character approaching a bookcase in the library of a country state and pulling on a small bust, which causes another bookcase to swing inwards revealing a secret passage.
- The Edwardian Era: The first trailer features 1910s fashion and cars as well as the devastation surrounding World War I.
- Historical Badass Upgrade: The historical Rasputin was mystic and self-proclaimed holy man whose only claim to fame was ingratiating himself into the favor of the Russian Imperial Family, while the first trailer depicts him as a master swordsman capable of going toe-to-toe with Ralph Fiennes' character in a duel.
- Historical-Domain Character: The first trailer features among others, Rasputin the Mad Monk having a sword duel with Ralph Fiennes' character, and Gavrilo Princip attempting to assassinate the Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
- Man in a Kilt: Conrad wears a kilt as part of his uniform while serving on the front lines of World War I as seen in the trailer.
- Period Piece: The fashion and vehicles as well as the battle scenes from the trailer are set during The Edwardian Era and World War I.
- Personal Seals: The character who's featured on the poster has a signet ring with the Kingsman symbol on it, and used it to impress a seal into a wax binding.
- Shirtless Scene: The first trailer features Harris Dickinson and Djimon Hounsou's characters training in knife combat while shirtless.
- Sword Cane: The Duke of Oxford carries a stylish cane with a blade hidden in its length as shown in the trailer's last shot.