Alexandra Maria Plătăreanu (born November 12, 1978 in Bucharest), better known as Alexandra Maria Lara, is a Romanian-born German actress.
She's been acting since the mid-1990s, but the role that definitely brought her the most attention and recognition is that of a young Traudl Junge, the private secretary of Adolf Hitler during the second half of World War II, in the 2004 film Downfall, starring Bruno Ganz as Hitler.
Works she has appeared in include:
- Tatort (1998) as Kerstin
- Napoléon (2002) as Countess Marie Walewska
- Doctor Zhivago (2002) as Tonya Gromyko Zhivago
- Downfall (2004) as Gertraud "Traudl" Junge, née Humps
- Control (2007) as Annik Honore
- Youth Without Youth (2007) as Veronica / Laura / Rupini
- The Baader Meinhof Complex (2008) as Petra Schelm
- The Reader (2008) as young Ilana Mather
- Rush (2013) as Marlene Lauda
- Suite Française (2015) as Leah
- Geostorm (2017) as Ute Fassbinder
- The King's Man (2020)