Daniel César Martín Brühl González (born 16 June 1978) is a German-Spanish actor.
He began his career in Forbidden Love (a German Soap Opera) in 1995. Good Bye, Lenin! made him a household name in European cinema in 2003, and his role in Inglourious Basterds brought him to international attention, later cemented for his widely acclaimed role as Niki Lauda in Rush. He also went on to play Helmut Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, starting in 2016 with Captain America: Civil War.
He can speak German and Spanish as a native, meaning he can play both nationalities with ease, and he also fluent in English, French, Portuguese, and Catalan.
- Good Bye, Lenin! (2003) as Alexander Kerner
- The Edukators (2003) as Jan
- The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) as Martin Kreutz
- Krabat (2008) as Tonda
- Inglourious Basterds (2009) as Frederick Zoller
- Stolz der Nation (2009 short film) as Frederick Zoller playing himself
- The Fifth Estate (2013) as Daniel Domscheit-Berg
- Rush (2013) as Niki Lauda
- Woman in Gold (2015) as Hubertus Czernin
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2016 — present) as Baron Helmut Zemo
- The Alienist (2018 2020) as Dr. Laszlo Kreizler
- The Zookeeper's Wife (2017) as Lutz Heck
- The Cloverfield Paradox (2018) as Ernst Schmidt
- The King's Man (2021) as Erik Jan Hanussen
- All Quiet on the Western Front (2022)