open/close all folders
Meisuke Nueno ("Nube")
- Badass Teacher: If you don't leave his students alone you'll regret it.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Self-evident. He even wiggles them in the OP.
- Body Horror: His left hand in itself. Specially when he loses control of it and Baki's powers almost consumes him. Hiroshi, Kyouko and Tamamo have to Time Travel to the origin of the Oni Hand to figure out a way to save him in the present.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's goofy, friendly, outgoing and extremely silly. But he's a very good educator (both in the classroom, in Phys. Ed., and in field trips) devotes his life and health to his students, and is so knowledgeable about the spirit world that people travel from afar to seek his advice. Oh, and there's the whole "badass exorcist with supernatural powers" part, too.
- Catchphrase: "LEAVE MY STUDENTS ALOOOOOOONE!"
- Chivalrous Pervert: He lusts over Ritsuko and more than one pretty lady, but never over his students and women younger than he is. In fact, he rejects Yukime's affections because of their nine-years age difference, and lectures Izuna when he thinks she's into Enjo Kosai. And while he's undeniably attracted to good-looking women, he keeps himself firmly in check and upholds his devotion to Ritsuko or to Yukime, when they finally become a couple, and he all but stops ogling women after that point.
- Determinator: He will never give up when his students are in danger.
- Heroic Host: Although closer to Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can then usual. Although he's extremely skilled and powerful even without the help of his Oni Hand, many of the critters he encounters would be unbeatable or at least extremely difficult to approach without it.
- Hidden Depths: An excellent swimmer who was nationally ranked in middle school.
- Hot-Blooded: Very passionate and impulsive.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: No one but Minako-sensei and his Disappeared Dad call him "Meisuke". Everyone refers to him as either "Nueno-sensei" or "Nuubee".
- Parental Abandonment: His mother died when he was young. His father's disillusionment with people (he was the resident exorcist and helped everyone with generosity; they refused to help when his wife fell ill) caused him to grow cold and hardened and he abandoned his son while he sought fame and power.
- Perpetual Poverty: So much that once he was haunted by Binbougami, the god of poverty.
- It's also mentioned that he could make a great living if he used his Demon Hand for his own purposes; however, he willingly forfeits it because he wants to give a good example to his students and likely to not follow Jikuu's example. At most, Nube uses said hand to rig the local pachinko machines — since kids under 18 aren't admitted in pachinko parlors, they can't see him cheating.
- Red Left Hand: And it's actually red —oni look, on the surface, like muscle tissue and grayish purple sinew.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He's the can for Baki, the outrageously powerful and evil Oni who eats human souls for kicks.
- Weirdness Magnet: Lots of trouble and supernatural and supernatural trouble gathers around him, and, unforunately for him, his students.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: As much as he deliberately distances himself from his father, and as disgusted as he is at said father exploiting his abilities for fame and riches, Nube still has a huge place in his heart for the man.
Voiced by: Toshiko Fujita
- Book Dumb: Takes pride in it!
- Hot-Blooded: Very passionate, too.
- Idiot Hero: Granted, he's a kid, but he's rash, immature, naive, and impulsive.
- Missing Mom: She died when he was five.
- New Transfer Student: The first official chapter of the manga. He was a regular student in the the "pilot" manga chapter called "Hell Teacher Nubo"; the anime adaptation took the plot of the pilot, and made him a transfer student again.
- Parents as People: His dad is almost never seen since he works as a truck driver and often has to go outside Tokyo, but Hiroshi does care for him. His mother died when he was less than five years old, as said above.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: His most frequent outfit is a t-shirt with the sleeves rolled all the way up to the shoulders.
Voiced by: Rumi Kasahara
- A-Cup Angst: When you have Miki as your schoolgirl rival and close friend...
- Balloon Belly: In one story Kyoko becomes infected by the spirit of a starving child turning her into a Futakuchi Onna ("Two-Mouthed Woman", so that a second mouth manifested on her nape). Feeling sorry for the spirit, she lets it use the new mouth to satisfy its hunger... Unfortunately the spirit is RAVENOUS and all that food ends up in Kyokos stomach soon resulting in tremendous pain. This is initially played for drama with Kyoko in immense pain, but after the spirit leaves this becomes played of laughs with Kyoko is left stuck with a big beer belly she needs to work it off.
- Fiery Redhead: Her hair is more orange, but fits the personality perfectly
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears her hair in long, thin, -like pigtails (sans the buns).
- Lethal Chef: In her defense, she's still young, and trying to do better.
- Plucky Girl: Resourceful and determined, she won't give up either.
- Tomboy: She can possess a violent temper that can drive her friends and even her teacher a tad crazy.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's less feminine than Miki, which the latter often gives her grief about.
- Tsundere: Type B. When Hiroshi joins the class, she can't stand the annoying boy, but slowly does develop hidden romantic feelings towards him as the series goes on.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She consistently has a love/hate rivalry with the closest to a best friend that she has, Miki Hosokawa, usually over physical matters such as her flat chest, big butt, and Sailor Moon-esque pigtails.
Voiced by: Michiko Neya
- Art Shift: Her eyes, like Miss Minako's, are drawn differently from any other character in the manga, with a more shoujo-style appearance to make them seem shinier and deeper.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Yukime's Veronica.
- Christmas Cake: She's over 25 years old.
- Hot Teacher: Has both big boobs and nice legs, long black hair, a pretty face. She is considered the madonna (term for "beautiful unmarried woman") of the school.
- Mama Bear: She has no spiritual powers and is terrified of ghosts... but once she attempts a Heroic Sacrifice for a student who's being tormented by a powerful ghosts.
- Ms. Fanservice / Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Often unwillingly, to her distress.
- Nice Girl: She's kind and sweet-tempered, unless you mention ghosts.
- Oblivious to Love: Towards Nube's blatant infatuation with her. This changes dramatically later on.
- Plucky Girl: Like Nube, she won't stand down if her students are in peril.
- Potty Emergency: Develops one in Episode 2 due to being too afraid of the bathroom ghost (see below).
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She has really scared of the spirits and yōkai that constantly encounters.
Voiced by: Yuri Shiratori
- Apologetic Attacker: When she abducts and almost kills Ritsuko. She's doing it only after being mentally broken by Ippon Datara, so she apologizes all the way through it and repeteadly tells her victim things like "I'm so sorry", "it's not your fault", and "I wish there was another way to do things!".
- Back from the Dead: After refusing to kill Ritsuko and being tortured to death by Ippon Datara, her body melts in snowflakes. Later she reappears, but with Trauma-Induced Amnesia and it takes quite the effort to give her her memories back. (And the manga implies that she never truly remembered everything in her past, but was happy to make a new life for Nuubee and herself.)
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Ritsuko's Betty.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She's the rare case of a CJG who actually wins. Though it's not before much Character Development and heartbreak.
- Fille Fatale: Introduced as one. She intended to either drag him by force with her or kill him, but when she commited the mistake of threatening his students and he fought her off, her love became more genuine.
- First Girl Wins: Chronologically speaking. Although Nube of course didn't see her that way when he first met her.
- An Ice Person: She's a yuki-onna, therefore, she has ice and snow-based powers.
- Lethal Chef: Of the Alien Lunch variety. She gets better when she figures out why humans can't eat frozen chunks of ice.
- Likes Older Women: Is in love with Nuube, who is nine years older than she is.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: After a very, very cruel Breaking Speech from her Ippon Datara, she almost does this to Ritsuko. She backs off at the last moment. And the poor girl pays for it dearly.
- Plucky Girl: She never gives up, either on Nuubee's affection or in her will to protect her friends.
- Mystical White Hair: In the manga, her crystalline white hair indicates that she's a yuki-onna and has ice based powers. In the anime, howver, her hair is sometimes light blue.
- Rescue Romance: She fell in love with Nube after he saved her from being shot to death by a cruel hunter when she was no older than 12.
- Tsundere: Again, a "B" type, but she gets more frustrated at Nube than angry at him.
- Woman in White: She dresses in white.
- Youkai: Again, she's a yuki-onna.
Voiced by: Masako Katsuki
- Badass Teacher: Even as an educator, she's badass.
- Birds of a Feather: She relates to young Nuubee because she also was tormented by youkai when she was a little girl.
- Dragged Off to Hell: By the evil spirits possessing the young Meisuke.
- Heroic Sacrifice: To save little!Nuubee when he was first haunted by spirit-devouring youkai. Later, when she merges with Baki and assists Nuubee in sealing the Oni in his hand. It would take Nuubee YEARS to find a way to release her so she can properly die in peace.
- Magic Skirt: Her skirt upholds her modesty despite its... almost non-existent length.
- Sealed Good in a Can: The Oni Baki ate her soul when she was dragged to Hell. It came back to bite him when she manifested inside Baki while the later was about to kill an adult Nuubee, and thus she became the crux for sealing the oni in her former student's hand.
- Sexy Mentor: To Nuubee, as she's a beautiful woman with a really nice figure.
- Woman in White: She dresses in white. In the anime, only her blouse is white (her skirt is dark blue).
Voiced by: Mina Tominaga
- Balloon Belly: In one story arc.
- Big Breast Pride/Buxom Is Better: She loves her large chest (she grows from a B-cup to an F-cup over the course of the series), tries to flaunt them whenever she can, and brags about them to her flat-chested rival Kyouko.
- Catchphrase: "Unbelievable!" delivered in Gratuitous English.
- Cursed with Awesome: Playing around with astral projection turned her into a bona fide Rokurokubi: the "long-necked woman." While it frightened the hell out of her and her classmates when it first manifested (she feared Nube would kill her) now she thinks it's cool and has learned to use it to her advantage, from playing pranks on people to extending her neck across town which saved her life once, extending her neck so far into the air she couldn't hear the instant-kill cry of the mandragora.
- Dumb Blonde: Less about being Book Dumb and more about her amazing lack of common sense.
- Gag Boobs: They're so big they make her classmate Kyoko self-conscious about her own lack of endowment.
- Gossipy Hen: While she loves gossip and info, she takes care to not hurt people too much about it. When her friends think that she leaked some very important secrets (which she didn't) and shun her, she almost has an Heroic BSoD and then goes searching for the culprit.
- Hopeless Suitor: She has a very slight crush on Hiroshi, but it's rarely invoked. In a Bad Future chapter, she marries him, and gets very upset when Kyoko (who has skipped several years of her lifetime) cries over this revelation.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's selfish and mischievous, right up to the point where she might hurt her friends. Once said friends are in danger however, she does her best to help.
- Laser-Guided Karma: If Miki does something mean-spirited or greedy, its likely going to come back and bite her in the butt. She even received karma for all the times she boasted about her breast size when a Yokai with even BIGGER breasts temporarily joined the class and stole her thunder, almost driving Miki to commit sucide in shame.
- Ms. Exposition: She likes to keep up to date with yokai and obake, and is happy to frighten her schoolmates with the latest urban legend (the scarier the better.) Even Nube has tapped her for information on obscure entities (by pressing her head and clicking it like a buzzer.)
- Plucky Girl: Genre Blind and selfish as she is, she's not the kind of girl who gives up easily.
- Shout-Out: Her name (as well as her hairstyle and physical"attributes") is an homage to the tragic Miki Makimura, the main heroine in another of the main Nūbē influences: Go Nagai's classic horror series Devilman.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girly to Kyoko's Tomboy (One of two).
- Too Dumb to Live: Oh where to begin with this one? Were it not for the timely interventions of Nube, she'd be dead 1000 times over.
Voiced by: Kazunari Tanaka
- Alliterative Name: See above.
- Big Brother Instinct: Adores his baby sister Manami.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He openly lusts after Miki (very, very openly. Very) but he never tries anything, protects her with his life, and is constantly seeking her approval, even when he's drawing her naked.
- Japanese Delinquents: Strongly hinted to be one.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a deliquent and he's a Nice Guy. The gold part is mostly for his sister.
- Loners Are Freaks: Until Nuubee saves him.
- Nice Cap: His baseball cap.
- Younger Than He Looks: Looks like he's in his late teens, despite being a grade-schooler. He might have been Held Back in School.
Voiced by: Megumi Urawa
- Cheerful Child: See below. He acts much younger than his age, but it's shown as endearing most of the time.
- The Napoleon: One of his new berserk buttons is his lack of height.
- Older Than He Looks: He's the same age as everyone in his class, but he looks (and often acts) like a pre-schooler.
- Only Friend: To Ai
- Sentai: Adores these shows.
Noriko "Noro-chan" Nakajima
Voiced by: Machiko Toyoshima
- Cute Bookworm: As booksmart as she's nice. A plot point later, when she's vital into calming down an angry spirit from the library and does it with kind words.
- Nice Girl: Sweet and quiet and docile; she's very nice. She's basically a Yamato Nadeshiko in training.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie
- Shrinking Violet
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Kyoko's Tomboy (One of two).
Voiced by: Junichi Kanemaru
- Friend to All Living Things: He actually loves animals and wants to be this. In fact, when he accidentally pisses off the spirit of an animal he once carelessly allowed to die, he offers his own life to appease it.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Specially seen in the UFO case.
- Princely Young Man: Of the Spoiled Brat type. He's often vain and likes to preen, but he rarely (if ever) looks down on anyone or holds his wealth over any of his classmates.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- Voiced by: Michiyo Yanagisawa
- Brainy Brunette
- Butt-Monkey: he never gets what he wants — something always happens to ruin any projects of his. This is a curse from a youkai, actually: Akira once almost died by drowning and said spirit wants to finish the work...
- Demoted to Extra: In the anime
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- Voiced by: Ginzou Matsuo
- Voiced by: Emi Uwagawa
- Creepy Doll: She has one whose hair grows longer and longer. She asks Nube to exorcise it.
- The Cutie
- Honor Before Reason: She once in a while tattles on her friends to Nube if they don't behave. That gets her in trouble with youkai, later.
- Nice Girl
Voiced by: Chieko Honda
- Breakout Character: Nube artist Takeshi Okano and writer Shou Makura teamed up again in 2007 to create a brand new manga based on her later exploits, Reibai Izuna.
- Enjo Kosai: When he thinks she's into it, Nuubee lectures her.
- Fille Fatale: Seems to be one.
- Honest John's Dealership: She swindles other people with exaggerated claims of her psychic powers.
- Kid with the Leash: An experienced trainer of kudagitsune, fox spirits that live in tubes (or pipes, or pens, or any kind of narrow cylinder.) She generally uses them for day-to-day tasks, but can also wield them offensively if needed. She once took it upon herself to safeguard and train a legendary, and legendarily [[Jerkass stubborn}} kudagitsune that was dumped on her for protection from another, corrupt kidagitsune trainer; despite the fox's best efforts to frustrate her, she still mastered it and it still came to her aid when needed.
- Miko: Defied since she left her shrine and family way too early.
- Ms. Fanservice: So much that her own Tube Foxes lampshade it, showing up with signs saying "FANSERVICE" when they have to cover her assets. Her spinoff manga takes this Up to Eleven.
- Playing with Fire: A whole episode is dedicated to her developing pyrokinesis. And it's hilarious. Until there's a chance that she might burn herself to death.
- Naked People Are Funny: When she goes through her first crush, her fire powers react and....hilarity ensues. Repeteadly.
- Puberty Superpower: Her pyrokinesis came about from a combination of her coming-of-age, AND going through her First Love. Her powers became more and more uncontrollable the more times she ran into the guy, until she found out he already had a girlfriend... then she let all her frustrations out by exploding her flame into a massive blaze that literally burned out her unrequited love, and left her with conscious control of her new ability.
- Superpower Meltdown: When her pyrokinesis first manifests, Nube and the kids worry that she will lose control and literally melt from it. It almost happens.
Voiced by: Hitomi Oikawa
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She's tallest than the average sixth-grade girl, has long black hair, and doesn't interact lots with people. The other kids think she's beyond their reach and treat her like a princess, admiring her from afar but not approaching her.
- Elegant Classical Musician: She plays the violin, and well enough to win several contests.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: When she's possessed by a spirit that feeds on her anxiety upon both being a shoplifter and hating how the world sees her. At first it's just an eye on her hand, but soon they extend all over her.
- Fan Disservice: As said above, the demonic eyes extend all over the body of a cute young girl.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Painfully aware of how everyone else thinks she's some unreachable Golden Girl, when in reality she desperately wishes to get close to others.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Until she meets and befriends Makoto.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses.
- Ojou: Only daughter of a stinking rich family, apparently associated with either the zaibatsu or the keiretsu businesses groups. She seems to be the Ice Queen type, but is actually Spoiled Sweet.
- Stepford Smiler: During her introductory arc.
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Aloof Ally: He hovers around Nube to discover the secret to his strength and occasionally helps out.
- Badass Teacher: Despite only posing as an educator, he's still badass as one.
- Becoming the Mask: He had initially intended to stay close to Nube to see what made him strong, and thus learn how to defeat him; eventually he became a legitimately good person who would fight to the death for Nube and his students.
- Chick Magnet
- HeelFace Turn: After Nube saves Hiroshi from him, he is amazed by the lengths Nube will reach for his students and turns a new leaf. This doesn't mean he'll become a Nice Guy but he's no longer bad.
- Kitsune: Initially he was a antagaonistic fox youkai targeting school kids then at the end, he became a protector to them and the rest of Doumori.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His long hair reaches down past his waist.
- Playing with Fire: Fire is his primary offensive power.
- School Nurse: His specific cover at Doumori.
- Taking Up the Mantle: At the end of the manga Nube has moved to another town with Yukime. Tamamo has taken up the task of keeping Doumori safe from supernatural terrors by his own conviction.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Initially he was a villain with white hair. After his defeat at Nube's hands, he drops the 'black'.
Voiced by: Wakana Yamazaki
- Healing Factor/Good Thing You Can Heal: She (and people who have eaten her flesh) can heal from just about anything; unlike the mermaids (and people) she's a Shout-Out to, there's no stated limit to her regeneration powers, nor a downside to consuming her flesh (other than the immortality and a temporary drop in I.Q. points.)
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: As a mermaid, she's not aware of any sort of human modesty.
- Magic Music:Has the power to manipulate people with her singing.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Her mermaid form is closer to a fish than a human.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Has great power but a lack of people's skills.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Has the attention span of a three year old, and his initial conquest of destroying humans when he was briefly set free from Nube's hand got delayed because he kept on getting distracted by food and toys.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Even though he can be really childish, he is one of the most powerful demons in hell.
- Big Brother Instinct: He can be a total asshole, yes, but he sincerely loves his baby sister Minki and will do anything to protect her. Once she gets hurt, his silliness disappears completely and he becomes laser-focused on destroying whoever was responsible. Seeing Nube express an instinct to protect Minki just as powerful as Baki's is what causes, however grudgingly, his HeelFace Turn.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Even Minki, a legendarily powerful demon, tends to be squashed like so much toothpaste whenever Baki hugs her affectionately.
- Expy: His human form takes after Violence Jack.
- Gag Penis: ... Yeah
- HeelFace Turn: By the end.
- One-Winged Angel: He's a full oni, and can thus fully transform into a towering, multi-story monstrosity of red muscle and purple sinew and a massive white mane.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He's a destructive demon with the intelligence and attention span of a toddler.
- Red Right Hand: Literally: he is the demon that forms Nube's Demon Hand.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa
- Bishōnen: When in human form, he's an unassuming, thin teenager in a neat and elegant school uniform and a friendly visage; even Izuna is struck by how pretty he is.
- Bishōnen Line: ...and in full oni form, as muscular and massive as his body becomes, he often prefers a face that lets him keep his refined looks. He's prone to becoming much more monstrous when enraged, however.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On Izuna and later on Tamamo, Yukime and Nube
- Light Is Not Good: He dresses in white, and even his oni loincloth is colored white, to contrast Baki's black. He's still the most villainous non-human character in the series.
- Jerkass: And that's the kindest word to describe him.
- Musical Assassin: How he channels his powers.
- One-Winged Angel: His full oni mode is similar to Baki's, but with a large black mane. He's also fond of intermediate forms in which he can still wear his white uniform stretched across his massive torso.
- Sibling Rivalry: He enjoys torturing his big brother Baki. They're demons —that's how they get along.
- Softspoken Sadist: At least, in human form. In oni form, he's as demonic as any other.
- Baleful Polymorph: Does this to the boys of the school when they piss her off beyond her limits... via transforming them into panties. How should the spell be broken? Via having the girls wear them AUGH!
- Cute Monster Girl: While Baki and Zekki's true oni forms are gigantic towers of muscle, horns, and claws, with faces to match, Minki's true form is... a beautiful (if barely-dressed) regular-sized girl whose monstrous left arm and legs look more like Cosplay implements than her actual body, so the most noticeable difference between her oni and human forms is that the latter wears clothes. She even has just the one tiny horn in both forms, to contrast Baki's two gigantic ones or Zekki's multiple, but still fearsome ones.
- Going Native: Even after Baki is freed, she has come to care for humans —or, at least, the very specific set of humans she's friends with— and doesn't want to return to hell anymore, wishing to spend more time with them instead.
- Lethal Chef: Her cooking is good... but only for demons
- Power Incontinence: When she's not wearing her... panties. (Justified Trope: It's believed that an oni's powers come from the loincloths they wear, and the closest substitute in Minki's case would be a pair of panties)
- Mega Twintails
- Replacement Sibling: While she's understandably pissed off that Nube has sealed her brother in his hand, she turns a new leaf after he saves her from herself, and happily adopts him as an honorary brother because of the Baki connection. And once Baki and Nube enter a friendly alliance, she's even happier to have both of them around as her big brothers.
- Sibling Rivalry: With Nube, when their ideas of what a "big brother" and a "little sister" should be clash with their own concepts of human big brother and demon little sister. And while Baki is fiercely protective of her, they have their own share of demonic quarrels, especially when Baki disapproves of her attachment to Nube's group. Meanwhile, during everyday life, in Hell as much as in the human world, she's extremely quick to punch holes through Baki and Zekki, cut them into itty bitty pieces, drill through their heads with her talons, or crush them with giant boulders... and that's just how she plays with them. When she gets mad, she's even worse.
- Stripperiffic: Given that her "boots" are actually her oni legs, she's basically only wearing a detached sleeve/glove around her right arm, a harness around her neck upper back and breasts, and thong panties. And she just lost her panties in her introduction.
- Underwear of Power: Sort-of. Oni loincloths, spun from humans, are a source of power to them; although Minki is plenty powerful even without them, said power usually blows up in her face (literally) because she can't control it anymore.
- The Trickster
- Whatis This Thing You Call Love: Sorta.
The Mountain God
- Body Horror: What he does on the people of a nearby village towards the end of the manga.
- Jerkass Gods: For someone who's supposed to be a god, he's a total dick.
- Overprotective Dad: Yukime's. According to him, Yukime's mission is only to be a yuki onna and keep the natural balance of her home; when she fell for Nube and went to the city, she broke said balance.
- Parental Marriage Veto: And holy shit HOW.
- Batman Gambit: He tells Yukime that, to finally earning her right for a normal life with Nube, she had to kill a beautiful woman (like Ritsuko). This was a lie: what he truly wanted was to mentally destroy her so she'd turn back into the cold yuki onna she used to be and he'd be able to take her back to the mountains.
- The Dragon: To the Mountain God
- Breaking Lecture: Destroys all of Yukime's self-worth with only words.
- Kill It with Ice: Tortures Yukime via freezing her in place, then stabbing her with icicles
- Knight of Cerebus: And how.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Black Magician Girl - Cute Witch
- Older Than They Look: She looks like a kid... but is actually older than Nube.
- Fallen Hero: Jikuu once was a very sweet and generous person, but when his wife/Nube's mother died, nobody helped him. He became very, VERY bitter after that.
- Heroic Sacrifice - Redemption Equals Death: Sacrifices his own life to seal the Mountain God.
- Mysterious Parent: Nube's
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor
- Walking Spoiler