The character page for other characters that don't fit into the other groups for one reason or another. Characters on this page are sorted by the season they debuted in.
The Kanme Brothers
A trio of criminal fighters who try to steal cards. Akaoni and Aooni are first introduced being chased down by the Buddy Police. Kurooni is introduced as a third member of their team in the Gaen Cup.
Akaoni's Buddy was Axe Dragon Dorcas before he got arrested by Tasuku. Aooni's Buddy Clash Dragon Gaelcorga ditches him before his fight with Noboru. Kurooni gets Sibling Dragon Foonbaltes as a temporary Buddy during Buddyfight Hundred. All three of them use Danger World decks. Their last name is spelled "Konmae" by the dubbers, but still pronounced the same.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: They look like Oni of the colors their respective names suggest.
- Color-Coded Characters: Their hair colors match their names: red for Akaoni, blue for Aooni and black for Kurooni.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: In Hundred, they are shown to be rather close, with Kurooni briefly working with the Hundred Demons
- Fangs Are Evil: All three of them have large, oni-like fangs.
- Fat Bastard: Kurooni.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Akaoni is more hotheaded that Aooni. Their names and appearances even reflect this trope.
- Reformed Criminal: Kyoya invokes this as the reason why they're allowed to participate in the Gaen Cup. It's obviously not true.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Gaelcorga ditches Aooni when he realizes that the latter is a criminal fighter.
- Sibling Team: Akaoni and Aooni work together to steal cards.
- Verbal Tic: "-geba".
Dragowizard, Qinus Axia
A Dragowizard from Magic World. Originally a prize for a tournament, he ran off due to fearing that the winner would treat him poorly. After Drum saves his life, he follows him around and declares himself Drum's "Buddy." He briefly becomes Gao's Buddy when Drum goes off to train, but is never seen in a fight proper, until Episode 29.
- Affectionate Nickname: He calls Drum and Gao "Drumkins" and "Gaowow" respectively.
- Ambiguously Gay: He's rather effeminate and extremely clingy and friendly with Drum. His card's flavor text also mentions him looking for "his prince." As well, his appearance in the Japanese Buddyfight Card of the Day on the official website refers to him as a "her".
- But Now I Must Go: Ultimately decides to leave Gao so that he can find himself a real buddy.
- Cuddle Bug: Combine this with Drum's Hates Being Touched and you have instant hilarity.
- Drum even calls him the cuddledragon.
- Draconic Humanoid
- Magic Knight: Fights using his staff as a polearm as much as he uses it to cast spells.
- Shock and Awe: His magic seems to be based on Thunder and Lightning.
- Squee!: He likes Drum, and he really likes Magician Drum.
Season 2 (Hundred)
Fifth Omni Dragon Lord, Tenbu
A powerful dragon from Dragon World that appeared over the city to challenge Earth's best Buddyfighter. Tags along with Gao after being defeated by him.
He is the fifth of eight Omni Lords responsible for protecting Earth.
- Breath Weapon: He can breathe fire.
- Conspicuous CG: Even in mini mode.
- Dirty Old Man: He tries to turn his battle with Gao into a battle for Paruko's affections and later shamelessly hits on Stella and every other female character that appears.
- Eaten Alive: By Yamigedo.
- Heroic Sacrifice: dies sacrificing himself to try to stop Yamigedo, but not before passing his Omni-lord powers to Drum.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: His memories of his purpose for being on Earth were eaten by Ikazuchi.
- Liquid Assets: The memories were physically removed from his head as a solid mass and then eaten.
- Not Too Dead to Save the Day: Despite having been Eaten Alive by Yamigedo, his spirit returns to help Gao during his rematch against Ikazuchi by giving him a new impact card, allowing Gao towin the fight.
- Subverted, as it turns out he wasn't dead.
- Not Quite Dead: Despite having been eaten by Yamigedo, he is revealed to still be alive. He even has time to recover and escape on his own.
- Our Dragons Are Different: An eastern-style dragon as opposed to the more western-inspired ones that have appeared thus far.
- Playing with Fire: Attacks with fire.
- Take Up My Sword: Gives his orb to Drum as he dies, passing on his status as the fifth Omni Lord.
The master of all Armodragons who helped train Tasuku during the latter's stay in Dragon World.
- The Chooser of The One: To the Omni Lords, whom she recruited. Or rather, whom she was asked to recruit by Variable Cord.
- The Mentor: Every famous warrior from Dragon World has trained under Dynamis, including Drum's father.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Dynamis has four arms.
- Multiple Head Case: She has three heads.
- Multi Wielding: Four arms and a sword for each.
- Our Dragons Are Different: A three-headed humanoid dragon with four arms that's also refered to as a deity.
- Time Travel: Traveled to Star Dragon World, which is a future Dragon World to re-recruit Variable Cord. Variable Cord gave her the ability.
- Voice of the Legion: Has a high-pitched, somewhat feminine voice and a deep, raspy voice overlapping each other.
First Omni Beast Lord, Ziun
A Skull Warrior from Katana world. He has been sleeping on Earth since he and the other Omni Lords set up a barrier and appears to be looking the others, though his memory isn't very good. Shido and Sofia trick him into Buddyfighting Gao. Though he beats Zanya, he is inevitably defeated by Gao. Zanya is eventually able to defeat him and add him to his deck.
He is the first of eight Omni Lords responsible for protecting Earth and uses a Katana World deck.
- Amnesiac God: He doesn't remember Tenbu at all.
- Badass Baritone: He is a very skilled Buddyfighter and has a very deep voice.
- Beast Man: Looks like a humanoid lion dog. He's not called the First Omni Beast Lord for nothing, after all.
- Conspicuous CG: Except when in mini mode.
- Deep Sleep: He'd been asleep for thousands of years after Yamigedo's seal was entrusted to the Fuchigami family.
- The Fog of Ages: His memory is pretty hazy as a result of being asleep for so long.
- Glass Cannon: He has 8000 power, but 1000 defense.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Actually doesn't look all that different from his default form aside from being somewhat fluffier.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: They glow when he attacks.
- Unblockable Attack: His ability prevents his attacks from being nullified if he attacks alone.
Ban Enma/Fourth Omni Fire Lord, Burn Nova
A mysterious man with handle bars growing out of his head who is currently hunting for the Hundard Demons. He plays an Ancient World deck that focuses on the Raging Spirit subset of monsters and his Buddy is Dragon Kid, Ricky. He also hangs out with three other Raging Spirit Monsters and actually is one himself. His core gadget is a scooter for which his buddy skill forms the tire.
He is actually the fourth Omni Lord, Burn Nova, whose memory was wiped Gratos after his arrival on Earth. He gave his Omni Lord emblem to Ricky for safekeeping. Burn Nova is an Ancient World monster.
- Amnesiac Hero: He can't remember anything about his past, including his actual name. Ban Enma is just a name he came up with.
- Amnesiac God: He's actually the fourth Omni Lord, but his memory was wiped in a confrontation with Gratos after his arrival on Earth.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Subverted he initially pretends to have this upon regaining his memories... only to reveal he was just messing with them and he's still very much himself.
- Beam Spam: Does this when sent into a berserk rage by Gratos. This reveals that the Buddy Skill he uses isn't Ricky's, but his own.
- Berserk Button: Anyone else besides Ricky touching the handles on his head.
- Detect Evil: His hair lets him detect Hundred Demons.
- Elemental Punch: Capable of doing this despite his human appearance as part of his Omni Lord powers.
- Fiery Redhead: He's a redhead and probably the most Hot-Blooded character after Genma. Fittingly, Genma is his Evil Counterpart after being brainwashed by Gratos and they trade punches while inside Yamigedo.
- Fire Purifies: His fiery punches can also purify the Hundred Demons.
- Greaser Delinquents: Styles himself as one.
- Hot-Blooded: More so than any of the other characters. In fact, his Onmi Lord Form has the Raging Spirit attribute.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Wants to fill a kind of brotherly role for Gao after hearing about the latter's late brother.
- Also, despite his hunting interfering with Buddy Police business, he has been purifying Hundred Demons monsters that he has captured.
- Memory Gambit: Intentionally suppresses his own memories in order to prevent Gratos from altering them.
- No-Sell: Hundred Demons can't possess him.
- Our Dragons Are Different: His Raging Spirit monsters are all dragons. He himself is also one.
- Playing with Fire: Can cover his fist in fire to achieve a Elemental Punch due to his fire powers carrying over from his Omni Lord form.
- Power at a Price: He can summon Fourth Omni Fire Lord, Burn Nova at the cost of all the card in his hand an on his side of the field.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: He can do this as Burn Nova.
- Totally Radical: In the dub.
- True Companions: Him and his Raging Spirit monsters.
- Taking the Bullet: All Raging Spirit monsters can redirect damage from the player to themselves.
- Vigilante Man: He hunts down Hundred Demons without the consent of the Buddy Police.
- He also tends to be overzealous, automatically assuming that any illegal monster is one of the Hundred Demons.
- Would Not Hit a Girl: He's willing to fake it, though.
Dragon Kid Ricky/Underling of the Fire Lord, Ricky
Ban Enma's Buddy. Ricky is a young dragon from Ancient World who helps Ban in his vigilante activities.
He is in possession of one of the omni lord emblem, which he has been holding onto for Ban after the latter's memory was erased.
- Barrier Maiden: Very weak by himself, his power is the ability to negate the life links of the other Raging Spirits.
- Head Pet: To Ban Enma, who wears motorcycle handles on his head for that purpose.
- Kid Sidekick: To Ban Enma.
- Hot-Blooded: Like the other Raging Spirits, though all of them are more level-headed than Ban Enma himself.
- Mistaken for Special Guest: Gets mistaken for an Omni Lord when it's discovered he has an emblem. It's really Ban's, Ricky was just holding onto it for him.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Has a fiery ring in place of wings.
- Secret Keeper: For most of Hundred, he was the only one who knew that Ban Enma is actually an Omni Lord. He also carries Burn Nova's Omni Lord Emblem.
- Sleep-Mode Size: An aversion. That is his real size.
- Super Empowering: Can do this to Burn Nova while in his Super Mode.
- Super Mode: Underling of the Fire Lord.
- Verbal Tic: "-ki".
Suzaku Kenran/Sixth Omni Storm Lord, Variable Cord
Star Dragon World
The leader of the Buddyfight Club, an underground organization serving as a venue for various illegal activities. He uses a Star Dragon World deck with the Sixth Omni Storm Lord, Variable Cord acting as his buddy.
In truth, he is Variable Cord himself.
- Affably Evil: He's the head of an illegal Buddyfight club where losers' Buddies are stolen, but he's never rude.
- Actually, I Am Him: Initially deflects suspicion from himself by pretending to just be the guy who hands out invitations to Buddyfight Club. In the dub, he also affects a Deep South accent and mannerisms.
- Also, Variable Cord isn't his buddy, but his true identity.
- Amnesiac Hero: Variable Cord fought Yamigedo alone and then had Dynamis recruit the Omni Lords, but suffered memory loss due to being damaged. Before he went back to the future to heal, he asked Dynamis to re-recruit him as if they'd never met.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Variable Cord's ability can put a large number of cards in its soul but doing so can deplete the player's hand.
- Big Good: To Dynamis. Recruiting the Omni Lords was actually his idea.
- Eyes Always Shut
- The Four Gods: His three deus monsters resemble the other three gods. He, himself, is named after the Vermillion Bird.
- Get Back to the Future: His objective is to return to Star Dragon World.
- Irony: Never wanted to fight in the first place and wanted to go home. He was the first to fight Yamigedo and asked Dynamis to recruit the Omnilords.
- I Lied: As it turns out, he never had any intention of helping seal Yamigedo and lied to Tasuku about him being tested. He just want to use Jack's power to return to Star Dragon World.
- Jerkass: Well, he does run an illegal Buddyfight club that has "The winner takes the loser's most precious thing and can do whatever they want with it" as a rule. And then, there's him being willing to abandon his role as an Omni Lord to go back to his own world using Jacknife's powers which could have caused the latter to lose his life.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Once he regains his memories.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Abandoning his post as Omni-Lord to go back home to Star Dragon World caused a doomed timeline where Yamigeddo conquered the world causing Star Dragon World to no longer exist.
- Stealing the Inverse Omni Lords to help Kyoya stop Yamigedo backfired spectacularly, getting all of the heroes Taken for Granite.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Variable Cord has retractable wings instead of arms as well as multiple tails. He's also from the future and has the ability to assume human form.
- Perpetual Smiler: The times he's not smiling could be counted on one hand. He even constantly sounds amused as variable cord.
- Refusal of the Call: He's already saved the world from Yamigedo once, now all he wants is to go home. Ironic since he was the one who put out the call in the first place.
- Secret Test of Character: His offer to save Jack if Tasuku threw the fight turned out to be this... or not.
- Time Travel: Due to being from Dragon World's future. He is trapped in the present due to having been recruited to defeat Yamigedo and uses a severely injured Jack to go back.
- Trapped in Another World: Ever since Yamigedo was sealed, he and the three deus monsters were left unable to return to Star Dragon World and had to remain on Earth. At least, until Star Guardian, Jacknife came.
- He's still trapped due to his future no longer existing. When he finds this out, he agrees to help bring Jack back to the present and help fight Yamigedo again.
Mukuro Shigamine/Ninth Omni Brave Lord, Mukuro
A traveler from Hero World who wants to defeat Yamigedo. He is human despite not being from Earth. His Buddy is Shadow Hero, Schwartz and his Core Gadget is a spinning top.
He becomes the ninth Omni Lord during a tag match with Kazane after realizing what it means to be a hero.
- Anti-Hero: His Darkhero monsters. He's also one himself, as he genuinely wants to help save the Earth but for his own selfish reasons and he isn't above resorting to underhanded methods to achieve that goal.
- Declaration of Protection: Swears to protect Kazane during their tag match against Captain Answer's Superpowered Evil Side and a possessed Kemura. It allows him to become the ninth Omni Lord in Captain Answer's place.
- 11th-Hour Ranger: He gets Captain Answer's Omni Lord emblem after realizing what it means to be a hero.
- Glory Hound: He wants to become an Omni Lord and defeat Yamigedo to gain prestige and glory and be recognized as a hero. To achieve that goal, he isn't above using underhanded methods in order to obtain an Omni Lord emblem.
- Ineffectual Loner: At least partly due to his Glory Hound tendencies.
- Nice Hat: Wears a bamboo hat.
- Oral Fixation: He can usually be seen with a toothpick in his mouth.
- Took a Level in Badass: Becomes an Omni Lord after realizing that a real hero is defined by protecting others, not seeking glory.
- The Unchosen One: He is the only Omni Lord who was neither chosen by Dynamis nor picked as another Omni Lord's successor. Instead, Captain Answer's Omni Lord emblem reforges itself for him when he decides to be a hero for selfless reasons.
- Walking the Earth: Describes himself as a wanderer.
Shadow Hero, Schwarz
Mukuro Shigemine's Buddy, a Darkhero from Hero World. The horns on his mask caused the Buddy Police to investigate him as a possible Omni Lord, which he turned out not to be.
- Anti-Hero: Darkheroes are described this way.
- Badass Longcoat: To go with his hardboiled appearance.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: Justified due to him being from Hero World.
- Expy: Appearance-wise, he borrows heavily from Kamen Rider Skull, right down to the Nice Hat.
- Meanwhile, his lines and voice make him sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Gratuitous German: All of his lines are stock German phrases.
- Nice Hat: Wears a felt hat.
- Superhero Packing Heat: A Hero World monster that wields a gun.
The Fifth Omni Cavalry Dragons (Fire Sword Doble, Wind Bow Meglax, Magical Blade Mizaru, Ice Spear Merak, Sand Staff Arkaid, Explosive Hammer Fard, Light Rim Alliot)
Seven dragons from Dragon World who were recruited by Tenbu to help fight Yamigedo in the past. They are released from his Omni Lord emblem when Drum becomes the fifth Omni Lord. Five of them initially leave because Drum hasn't proven himself worthy of the title yet, but ultimately return and join Gao's deck on their own time. Each of them has an ability that somehow helps their leader.
- Badass Bookworm: Mizaru is constantly reading and is a mage that is just as capable as the others.
- Badass Crew: They helped Tenbu fight Yamigedo.
- Berserk Button: Alliot doesn't like comments about his height (he's a head shorter than Drum). He also doesn't like being called petty over his rivalry with Drum's father.
- Big Eater: Doble, to the point that Drum was able to bribe him to stay with octopus dumplings.
- Elemental Powers:
- Flaming Sword: Doble is seen swinging one around in the second Japanese opening for Hundred.
- Honor Before Reason: Doble, Merak, and Alkaid refuse to attack Crazed Tenbu since it's an incarnation of the real one. Fortunately, Okada is able to snap them out of this mindset.
- Hot-Blooded: Doble, Fard and Alliot are this to different degrees.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Mizaru if the intro is any indication.
- Large Ham: Fard constantly hams it up while talking and usually precedes his lines with a big laugh.
- The Napoleon: Alliot is so temperamental about his height, you can't even say "petty" around him because he'll hear "petite".
- Rain of Arrows: Merak attacks by summoning these.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Doble is the red to Meglax's blue while Drum is the blue to Alliot's red.
- The Rival: Alliot was this to Drum's father. He resents Drum's father and Drum by extension because the former was chosen over him to wield the Salamander Engine and Drum inherited it.
- The Smurfette Principle: Arkaid is the sole female among them.
- Stellar Name: Their names are derived from the stars of the Big Dipper.
- Support Party Member: All of them to whoever holds the Fifth Omni Lord's emblem, given that he prove himself.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Blade on a Stick: Merak's seems to be made of ice. Alliot's drill also counts.
- Drop the Hammer: Fard wields a big-ass hammer that shoots out fire when it hits something.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Doble wields a somewhat ornate sword.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Mizaru can do a Diagonal Cut with his.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Meglax uses a bow.
- Simple Staff: Arkaid wields one befitting her role as the mage of the group.
- This Is a Drill On A Stick: Alliot's weapon is a pair of drills on a stick with a small shield attached.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Doble and Mizaru are the only ones with normal hair colors. The others include silver, purple and pink.
Eighth Omni Deity Lord, Grangadez
A Duel Dragon that is the eighth and most powerful of the Omni Lords. He hails from danger world and went on a rampage due to only being partly awakened by Sofia. His rage influenced Kiri, who redirected the emotion into a Buddyfight with Rouga, who beat the two of them and fully awakened Grangadez as a result. Grangadez agrees to join Rouga's deck on the condition that Rouga helps to seal Yamigedo.
- Actually Pretty Funny: He actually likes Joker's puns.
- Breath Weapon: Can breathe fire.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Speaks solely in growls, though Rouga can understand him.
- Kaiju: A giant bipedal reptilian beast with a Breath Weapon destroying everything in its path. Now why does that sound familiar...?
- Our Dragons Are Different: Has the Duel Dragon attribute.
- Physical God: If the name is any indication.
- Psychic Powers: He has demonstrated the ability to create psychic projections, and is able to make others, such as Rouga hear his voice from long distances.
Fallen Demon Lord, Rucifiel
A monster from Magic World and the vocalist for the End of the World band. He and Asmodai were once friends. He stays with Tetsuya and Asmodai after the three enter Yamigedo's stomach to restore Asmodai's power and as of season 4, he's formed a rock band.
- In-Series Nickname: Rucy.
- Rock Me, Asmodeus!: A rock star who is also a demon.
- Time Abyss: He's as old as Asmodai, making him older than human civilization.
- Time Master: His ability lets him rewind time and return a size 2 or lower monster or an item to the hand.
- We Used to Be Friends: He was once Asmodai's friend but their friendship fell apart when Asmodai became an Omni Lord. They're on good terms again after he joins Tetsuya.
Season 3 (Triple D)
Doctor Gara/Kakeru Futaboshi
Star Dragon World (as Doctor Gara), Legend World (as Kakeru)
A genius scientist who specializes in Monster Engineering. He attempted to kidnap Bal for the latter's ability to create new Impact Monster cards. He uses a Star Dragon World deck with Star Deity Dragon, Zodiac as his buddy. He enters the WBC regional qualifiers under the name Kakeru Futaboshi. As Kakeru, he pretends to be an aspiring monster doctor and gets close to Bal and Gao in hopes of kidnapping Bal. As Kakeru, he uses a Legend World deck, with Zodiac still as his buddy.
- Blackmail: Threatens to have Kyoya's own research into Monster Engineering exposed if the latter tries to evict him from the facility he took over.
- Empty Shell: According to Jack, his monsters are this. He also apparently created them.
- Evil Counterpart: To Tasuku. Both have Star Dragon World decks and Neodragon buddies. Tasuku wants to protect Bal while Gara wants to kidnap him.
- Forced into Evil: Tries playing this card when he, as Kakeru, appears infront of Tasuku, Jack, Gao, and Bal. Gao and Bal believed it, but Tasuku and Jack didn't buy it.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Wears one as Kakeru to enforce his cover story.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: Wants to kidnap Bal to study the latter's ability to make new Impact Monsters and was disgraced for his previous work. His Ultimate goal was to turn Bal into a mindless beast then feed him to Zodiac to grant it Dragon World properties.
- Nice Guy: Purposely appears as this while pretending to be Kakeru. His real personality is pretty rotten.
- Put on a Bus: He is arrested by the Buddy Police after losing to Gao. The Buddy Police appearently got a tip about him from an anonymous source that was totally not from Kyoya.
- The Bus Came Back: Briefly reappears to give testimony against J Genesis. Then he returns near the end to challenge Tasuku, now working for Kyoya instead of against...
- Sadistic Choice: After giving Bal a drug that would erase his memory and turn him into a mindless beast, he gave Gao two options. Either let Zodiac eat Bal, or allow Bal to rampage and hurt his friends. Unfortunately for Gara, he didn't count on The Dragon Force.
- Sweet Tooth: Can be seen constantly sucking on Green Lollipops. He appearently designed them to alter his metabolic structure so as to change his scent, so that he and Kakeru could not be connected via their scent.
- Would Hurt a Child: After capturing Bal, when Bal wouldn't come out of his egg, Doctor Gara tried breaking the egg open with a drill and a chainsaw. Luckily, that egg shell is Made of Iron.
- He then tricks Bal into taking a drug that would wipe his mind and turn him into a feral beast so he could feed Bal to Zodiac.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Two shades of it, even.
Star Deity Dragon, Zodiac
An artifical monster created by Gara. Zodiac is also a Dual Card, a monster belonging to two different worlds: Legend World and Star Dragon World in its case. Zodiac is the buddy monster of both Gara and Kakeru Futaboshi. Makes sense since they're the same person.
- Artificial Dragon: Created by Gara.
- Empty Shell: According to Jack, it has no life force. J Genesis implies that he gave it to Gara in this state.
- Gravity Master: Zodiac possesses an ability called Gravity Rest which allows it to prevent a monster from moving.
- No-Sell: Its Gravity Rest ability is called an "Impact Monster Block".
- Our Dragons Are Different: An artificial dragon with the ability to manipulate gravity. It also doesn't have a life force.
- Physical God: If the name Star Deity Dragon wasn't enough, Kakeru outright calls it a deity of guidance.
- Tron Lines: Its underbelly is covered in them.
Season 4 (X)
Divine Guardians/Searing Executioners
An old man who appeared in front of Gao and his friends after the latter had fallen unconscious due to his use of his Tempest Buster card. He is later revealed to be a Hall of Famer Buddyfighter who ends mentoring Gao and his friends. His buddy is Giant Tanuki and he uses both a Divine Guardians deck and a Searing Executioners deck, both named "Heaven or Hell."
- Bowdlerize: His decks' name is "Heaven or Hell" in the Japanese dub. The English dub changed it to "Nirvana or Gehenna" to keep the theme while still toning the name down.
- Cast from Hit Points: Uses his own life energy to create a second Mirage Card for Gao.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He's... a bit eccentric.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's almost always up to some kind of silly antics, but he's a skilled Buddyfighter. He's even able to hold his own against Wisdom.
- Duality Motif: Not himself but the monsters he uses have this, which represents them having both the Guardians and the Executioners attributes. Fittingly, he uses both the flags associated with those attributes.
- Hidden Eyes: Most of the time, his eyes are hidden by the Opaque Lenses of his shades. They're only shown when he's being serious.
- Inexplicably Awesome: A Hall of Famer Buddyfighter who has demonstrated the ability to open and close portals with his own hands and is on friendly terms with at least two of the Omni Lords without any explanation being given thus far.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: He uses Searing Executioners deck when he needs to get serious.
- The Mentor: For Gao and his friends.
Bunbuku's Buddy, a Katana World monster that looks like... a very large tanuki and has both the Guardians attribute and one with the Executioners attribute.
- Acrofatic: He can jump dozens of feet into the air despite his normal form's girth.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: He's rather nonplussed with Bunbuku's wacky antics and tries to keep him from doing anything too foolish.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: His preferred method of attack.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Has both, in keeping with his opposite attributes.
- Loud of War: How his Penetrate damage is portrayed.