Dethroning Moment: Web Original
- I can already tell that this is going to be a roller-coaster ride of disappointment!
- Sign your entries
- One moment per work to a troper; if multiple entries for the same work are signed to the same troper, the more recent one(s) will be cut. For subpages that cover multiple works, it's permissible for one troper to have entries for more than one work
- Moments only, no "just everything he said", "the entire episode", or "this entire work," entries.
- No contesting entries. This is subjective, the entry is their opinion.
- No natter. As above, anything contesting an entry will be cut, and anything that's just contributing more can be made its own entry.
- Explain why it's a Dethroning Moment of Suck.
- No ALLCAPS, no bold, and no italics unless it's the title of a work. We are not yelling the DMoSs out loud.
- Please no He Panned It, Now He Sucks. Someone having a different opinion than you is not nearly a good enough justification for something being seen as stupid or offensive.
- A Dose Of Buckley
- The Angry Video Game Nerd
- Bennett the Sage
- The Blockbuster Buster
- Game Grumps
- The Irate Gamer
- The King Of Hate (aka DarkSydePhil)
- The Mysterious Mr. Enter
- Movie Bob
- The Runaway Guys
- Smosh Games
- Super LP Heroes
- Team Four Star
- That Guy with the Glasses
- Video Games Awesome!
- Zero Punctuation
open/close all folders
- Retsof Noraa: Rooster Teeth's Achievement Hunter has one in their video for the "Pay Your Respects" achievement in Batman: Arkham City. The achievement is - literally - paying your respects at the site where Bruce's parents were killed. Being Rooster Teeth, they try to lighten the situation with humor - claiming the chalk outlines make it look like Martha Wayne was giving a blowjob to Thomas when they died - but instead of crossing the line twice, it only crosses the line.
- Zeta Ridge: And speaking of Achievement Hunter, their co-op let's play on Ghost Recon Future Solider is one of their weakest if not their worst so far. Gavin is especially cringeworthy on his playthrough when getting either consistently killed, getting caught, or "accidentally" killing civilians. I honestly wouldn't mind if they were goofing around but all in all, they were playing the game wrong not for comedy but rather obliviousness and sheer ignorance.
The Amazing Atheist
- Electrum Zephyr: The Amazing Atheist, from day one, has been a controversy magnet, if not an outright source thereof. I have been a fan of his for years, and even through the Don Exodus and Coughlan fiascoes, I stuck around for future videos, and ultimately, things more or less became water under the bridge for all parties involved. But cue February 8th, 2012, wherein his reddit page about "Men's Rights" had a feminist rape victim on it. Does TJ choose to pick his battles carefully? On the contrary; when she talks about her experience and how it triggers a PTSD episode, he just throws it right back in her face, and makes her relive the experience in graphic detail. After all's said and done, he made a video expressing his regret at what he did, regretting the fact that he argued with someone on the internet, rather than what he was saying to her. An open bit of advice for TJ: 1) Pick your fucking battles; 2) If you want your views on anti-female-supremacy to be taken seriously by non-fantards, this was the worst possible move you could have made. Peace the fuck out. Even Encyclopedia Dramatica was extremely disgusted.
- InTheGallbladder: Ain't I glad I jumped ship early! In the opening of "A Feminist," the closer to "Hate Week," he stated that he'd planned out a Grand Finale for the series, but had scrapped in in favor of another "chew out a radical" video upon encountering the radical in question.
- Maths Angelic Version: His disrespect for the woman makes me sick. PTSD is a debilitating disorder, and the episodes of reliving the event are very painful. Yet he deliberately invokes one, all while saying he doesn't believe her and that if she's indeed telling the truth, she deserved it (presumably as punishment for being someone he disagrees with). Basically, three of the last things a rape victim needs. It's not hard to Google and find out that and why these things shouldn't be done, and it's easy to find sources that confirm that rape victims' pain is very real! Because of this moment, and this moment alone, I won't ever watch another of his videos, and am now ashamed to say that I've done it in the past and liked it. Seriously, fuck this guy.
- Sponge Bat 1: I think AnimatedJames is a fairly decent animator/writer, but what absolutely irks me is his Teen Titans No video. As one of the few people who like Teen Titans Go!, I had a feeling I might not like the video, but I can understand why some people don't like the show and decided I'd give James the benefit of the doubt. It starts off with James' idea of what the TTG writers are like, and surprise, surprise, they're all blithering jackasses. Great start so far. But what pushes it over the edge is when Robin throws a hand grenade into the room and gorily kills the writers. And this is treated as a good thing. So this video basically implies that the TTG writers deserve to die just because James doesn't think the show is funny. But wait, it gets better! Towards the end of the video, a random producer says that the writers were all mentally handicapped... WHAT? There's Black Comedy, there's an Author Tract, and then there's Dude, Not Funny!, and frankly, James, that line crossed it big time.
- Bengson26: I also think James is a very talented animator and writer, however, like I've said as ldelavina3, every web animator has its bad spots. "Sonic Generations Plot" is that bad spot. What really killed the short is Classic Sonic's treatment of Tails, telling him he's annoying and wishes that he never met him. Due to a time paradox, Tails then fades from existence while Classic talks to his Modern counterpart and completely ignoring Tails. You know, there's Character Derailment and then there's this.
- CJ Croen 1393: I like CinemaSins, but one aspect that bugged me would be the one about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, wherein Jeremy repeatedly complains about how Ron and Hermione "have absolutely no chemistry and are only getting together to appease the shippers". Um...what? Ron and Hermione had a lot of chemistry over the course of the series. Maybe not as much as they did in the books (which don't matter, but still), but they still had chemistry. The only way Jeremy would have missed it is if he closed his eyes and covered his ears literally every time they were onscreen together.
- Leftred9: While I think the Brand Sins video on Everything Wrong with Nintendo is pretty terrible overall, (large amount of mispronunciations and multiple instances of a Critical Research Failure) my main gripe with the video is the part where the host lists off and sins every Nintendo console and handheld for a total of fifteen sins. It serves nothing but to saturate the sin counter and the fact that the Nintendo products were sinned instead of actual problems with the company gave off impressions of They Just Didn't Care.
- Anicomicgeek: While they are accurate in summing up that Black Widow was talking about being a killer and not her inability to have children when she called herself a monster in Avengers: Age of Ultron, they did so in a way that did insulted people who criticized it, especially since many fans thought that putting the stuff about her feeling like she's a monster that close to her mentioning that she was infertile is a legitimate criticism.
- Animeking1108: College Humor really did it with Sh*t Flix when they put "Anime with nothing remotely sexual." Not only does this imply that the writers think anime is only good if it's hentai, but putting Dragon Ball and InuYasha is a complete Critical Research Failure since they both have Fanservice in them.
- Garfield2710: Their video "The Conservative Lorax," really left a bad taste in my mouth. Aside from being just plain unfunny, this sketch implies that all conservatives are Wall-Street loving, environment hating, Mexican hating, and greedy tycoons. It also completely misunderstands the difference between free-market capitalism and crony capitalism, ignores the fact that most companies that cut down trees, replant those very same trees, because not doing so would be a detriment to their business, something that the original source material warned against, and also seems to believe that every corporation is bad (some are, but not all). This entire sketch is nothing more than a thinly veiled Author Tract Take That, and an unfunny one at that. If you don't agree with Conservative ideology, or want to make a video playfully mocking them, that's perfectly fine (I lean Conservative, but I don't agree with everything they say or do, and there is a lot to make fun of about them), but this is just so mean-spirited and smug.
- Drbazooka: Normally I like Danger Dolan. I find his top lists to be among the better lists on youtube. Except in one instance during his Top Ten worst video game cliches list. Now the list itself was mostly fine although it did contain many cliches not exclusive to gaming, but my DMoS comes not from the video itself, but the thumbnail. The thumbnail contained an image of Chica the Chicken from FiveNightsAtFreddys with white bold text saying "Jumpscares!" Not only was Fnaf not mentioned at all in the video, but jumpscares weren't either. Worse still this caused a flame war in the comments section and made the video feel like click bait to me. I felt conned after watching and it has somewhat soured my opinion of him, at least big LPers who are often accused of click bait actually show what's in the title of the video!
- RolentosRightHandMan: For me, it's #15 on his 15 Most Embarrassing Moments in Gaming Ever list, where he compares the petition to change Mass Effect 3's ending to "an embarrassing tantrum". I don't really care much about ME3's ending controversy, but to say those who want better story are whiners is just uncalled for. I'm willing to move on and keep watching, but I didn't watch DD so Dolan could shove his opinion down my throat and insult others.
- Zero Brina Fan: When DeceasedCrab basically told a commenter on one of his videos to choke himself to death. What was the commenter's crime? Mentioning a show DC didn't like. Up until I saw that comment, I was perfectly fine with the guy, even knowing all the Grammar Nazi crap he pulled, but after that I swore off his videos and only check his channel every few months to see if he's been banned yet. Honestly, Small Name, Big Ego doesn't even begin to cover him after that incident.
- deeman45 I didn't even give him that far of a chance. You mentioned that he's a Grammar Nazi? That's putting it lightly—he has banned people for misplacing commas! Frequently in comments that show support for him! I mean, I enjoy proper grammar as much as the next person, but pull the stick OUT of your ass, DeceasedCrab.
- ergeis: Oh boy, DeceasedCrab. I never liked him because he's like PewDiePie (who I'm sort of okay with, to be honest) but instead of the Pee Wee Herman personality, he has passive aggression. He even banned people for liking the Snake Eater theme. What is your problem, DeceasedCrab?
- Dan The Enigma: I got another one for (Should-Be)Deceased Crab. About 5 years ago, 14-year-old me made a comment on one of his videos because, me being only 14, I figure I'd ask him an honest question about what he said because it sounded familiar to me and I didn't remember what it was originally from. Instead of giving me a straight answer like you'd expect, he absolutely snaps and tells me to kill myself for not knowing what he originally quoted came from. (For those wondering, it was the "But thou must" line from Dragon Warrior that I know now but not back then). But no, he decided to be a complete Jerkass for no reason. DeceasedCrab? More like DouchebagCrab.
- Xaviorthe Savior: For Game Theory (Web Show), this moment is an example of Critical Research Failure so bad, his own fans are calling bullshit. In his latest (at the time of writing this) episode discussing the real life physics behind the Wario Waft, he somehow determines that Wario is 10 feet tall. As if it were bad enough that simply looking at Wario could tell you that he is nowhere near that height, the top rated comment on that video also points out that this contradicts an earlier video of his where he stated that Peach is 5'10" and the height chart he provides in the video clearly shows Wario as being shorter than her.
- Rexis12: Game Theory is a fine web show and all, and I don't usually blame it for some mishaps here and there. But what really made me grind my teeth was the Dead Lock video about Dark Souls. Particularly the bearded asshole trying to call it the worst game ever. Now Dark Souls isn't a perfect game, yes it has it's flaws and screw ups 'Glances at Bed of Chaos', but the game itself is mostly fair and has a let the player learn on it's own mentality, which works great by how the game plays. But then said bearded asshole decided to trash the game, FOR HIS OWN FAILURE. Case in point, the Pyromancer segment, where he complains that they didn't teach him about how pyromancy works and that the false information made him waste his levels on Intelligence. The stupid thing, it's clear that Pyromancy is a different class than Sorcery, the proof was in the character creation where Pyromancer and Sorcerer are two different things. Then there's also the pyromancey spells themselves, where if you actually paid attention to the game and looked at the spells like a normal person, you would have seen that Pyromancy has to requirements. The kicker, he calls this bad information, while it was his own ineptitude to the game. Another thing was how smug and pretentious he was whenever he tried to 'argue' about his points. Example, when Matt said he died from the Giant throwing firebomb, he called it a cheap death with a scoff, when it wasn't because it was their own fault for not killing the giant in the first place. Or how about that he seems to cling on one, ONE, mistake in the game that did nothing to impact gameplay besides just a little bit of health. Yet whenever he tries to argue he brings that up, and nothing else. Newsflash one mistake doesn't mean the entire game has the mistake. Another thing, blaming your own stupidity at a game and then blaming said game for the stupidity automatically loses you points in your 'argument'.
- Anime King 1108: One thing that ruined episode 3 of Season Zero Abridged was Bakura threatening to jump off the school roof. To make things worse, one of the spectators actually tells Bakura to do it. When he has second thoughts, he replies with "Don't be a bitch, bitch." As someone that was suicidally depressed at one point, I'm seriously fighting the urge to chew Little Kuriboh out for this next time I meet him at a convention. Say what you will about the joke about Yamcha committing suicide, but at least Goku and Trunks showed some concern over that. This was just needlessly cruel.
- Jicragg: In the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged version of the Tenth Anniversary movie (Nov 2011) there was a throwaway joke Yugi makes. He hits his head and in pain he says "my head hasn't hurt this much since watching the Naruto Abridged movie". There's a limit to these jokes. It isn't funny anymore. The "joke" got old very quickly. The way it was done was like watching a Seltzer and Friedberg movie. It was thrown in for absolutely no reason and provided no laughs. The movie was of a lower standard compared to his other works but that one line was scrapped from the bottom of the barrel.
- CJ Croen 1393: In episode 60 of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, Joey sounds as though he's about to make an "adoption" joke toward Kaiba... Kaiba responds by giving him a rant mocking Joey for his own parental situation, mocking Joey for his father being an abusive alcoholic and telling him that his mother was "smart enough to abandon him before he infected the world with his stupidity". Okay, WOW. Just... that was cruel even by Kaiba's standards. It didn't kill the show for me, but it was undoubtedly the least funny moment in the series to me and only succeeded in making me shake my head in disapproval and hate Kaiba even more than I already do. Oh, and the insult wasn't even warranted, because it turns out that Joey was going to call Kaiba a dork instead.
- despairChihiro: I can't nail down an episode, but the moment when the Princess of the "Reboot clone" was called a transvestite - as a trans person, this just really fucking disillusioned me. It really threw the Willing Suspension of Disbelief out the window and Goomba Stomp-ed on it.
- Animeking1108: Episode 9 of Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show was disappointing over all, but since I can only state one dethroning moment, I would have to pick Naruto pissing on Inari for half a minute. No. Just, no LittleKuriboh. We seriously waited two years for this? This is starting to sound eerily similar to what this series often swung at Naruto The Abridged Series for.
- SWF Max: I respect Matthew Santoro and I like his videos, with the exception of 1 moment in his video "20 Haunting Halloween Facts": Matthew says, "Costumes were started by the ancient Celts that believed that spirits roamed the Earth on Halloween night, and began wearing them to avoid being recognized as a man or a woman. In fact, these people still exist today and are better known as Rocky Horror Picture Show fans." Then, a photo of a fan of that dressed androgynously shows up on the screen, with the word "Tranny" next to it. That's really disrespectful to transgenders, as it is a slur. I didn't mind him criticizing the way those fans dress, but making a transphobic comment is where Matthew crossed the line for me.
- CJ Croen 1393: In Matthew's "Top 10 Weirdest Dinosaurs You Never Knew Existed", he gets to Jeholopterus, which he mistakenly refers to as a dinosaur (I gave that a pass, since it's a common mistake), but then he calls it a "prehistoric equivalent to the vampire bat" that bit into bigger dinosaurs to suck their blood. That's right, he cited David Peters and his so-called "research". Come on, Matt! All the other prehistoric animals there were relatively accurate! And there are plenty of weird underrated pterosaurs you could have picked for that! What about Nyctosaurus and its freaky head-crest and nigh-inability to walk? Or Hatzegopteryx, the largest animal to ever fly that ate small animals for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Or Tupandactylus which...well, just look at it!
- Jetpack Percy: I saw a few reviews from this text-based web reviewer on Deviant ART, called Media Man, and one part was just so cruel, and so infuriating, I vowed not to watch him? What was it? Well, it was his Top 10 Worst Simpsons Episode List, specifically, his entry for "Boys of Bummer". Now, it wasn't a DMOS because he bashed an episode, a character, or the series as a whole. It was the entry where he says that Bart deserved the abuse, and "it makes this episode worth watching," claiming because that Bart was an ass in other episodes, he deserved to be rightfully bullied in this episode. As indicated by the DMOS page for The Simpsons, Bart was constantly bullied by the entire town, including encouragement to commit suicide near the end. All he did wrong in the episode was miss a fly ball. He didn't deserved to be bullied, no matter what Media Man says. He also says that the town helping Bart to regain his confidence, and not lock the entire city of Springfield into irredeemable territory, was selfish, mean-spirited and cruel to the other team (What, are they going to commit suicide for making a child you don't like feel better), and that Marge was in the wrong for chewing out the town. Well, if he thinks that 10-year-olds he doesn't like should be "rightfully" tortured to the point of committing suicide for screwing up only ONCE, then consider me out for watching him in the foreseen future.
- Go Go Riki: It gets better. In the comment section when someone disagreed with him about it and asked if his torment was justified, Media Man replied by basically saying that he didn't care if it was justified or not, he just liked seeing Bart get tormented because he hates him. He enjoys seeing a 10-year-old boy getting tortured to the point of trying to commit suicide, and calls him a loser for doing so. Wow.
- Ax Machina: Deleting my previous Media Man rage, I found some more dethroning moments under his belt. In two reviewsnote , our Caustic Critic says he doesn't like a child character because of him being bratty, or too smart for his own good. Now, this could have been something I could've said was a good point...right up until he had a "joke" where he killed one of the characters with a nuclear bomb, and another with a rocket launcher. And, to top it all of, in one of the comments calling him out on this, he claims that he's "unique" because of it, then tries to explain himself by saying it was his Author Avatar saying it and that it was supposed to be humorously exaggerated. Hey, Media Man. Remember how you said that Bart was evil because he's usually an asshole? How can you say that when you yourself joked about murdering children, and showed no regret, guilt or shame towards your actions because it was a "joke"?
- Bengson26: Adding to his Bart Simpson hate rampage, he claims that the town didn't get him to commit suicide, but he's a "pathetic loser" who let it get to him, So he's the "loser" for getting bullied to the point of suicide, eh? I used to have a lot of respect for Media Man, but I think this has stained his image in my eyes.
- Tyler FG: Onision made fun of a 13-year-old girl in one of his videos because she got banned from his forums. The girl was deeply depressed and Onision was being a dick about it. He's made videos about standing up for bullies too, so, yeah. He deleted the video from the account it was uploaded on.
- Kmega Guy: A 17-year old fan writes to Onision stating that their mother has been verbally and emotionally abusing them. They have blamed all the family's problem on that person and have even convinced other family members of this as well. Because of this, that person has been hospitalized twice for suicidal attempts. Another example that person gave was that they asked their mother could drive them to Walmart even offering gas money, she basically told them the money wasn't enough they take that money "and shove it". Onision pretty much goes into victim blaming, telling him that he should not blame his suicidal thoughts on their mother because if they said those same things to another person, a random stranger, they wouldn't try to kill themselves and they should be held accountable because they should have control of their emotions. It gets worse. After posting the video and seeing a lot people were upset with his response, he attempts to "explain" himself better in another video. Basically he belittles the fan's problems even further and making them sound like a whiny teenager. Stating they are only suicidal because their mother won't drive them to Walmart ignoring the rest of the letter which he read out loud. What the Hell, Onision?
- fluffything: On the subject of Onision's insanity, he once wrote a message to another youtuber named Mr Repzion asking if he wanted to debate him. Bear in mind that Onision had said prior to the message that he wanted nothing to do with Repzion. Naturally, Repzion declined the offer saying he wasn't interested in debating with him causing Onision to call him a "coward". But, that's not the DMOS. No, no. The DMOS is what happens next. Onision then posted a video on July 4th in which he debates a sock. No, really. Onision put a wig on a sock, drew eyes onto it, and then called it "Repisock" and proceeded to have a "debate" with it. I'd like to remind everyone that his wife was 18 weeks pregnant at the time, but felt making said video was more important. Let me summarize it one more time. Onision decided to make a video where he debates a sock just because the person he wanted to debate with (IE: Repzion) said "no". It's one of the most childish things I've ever seen a grown man do.
- Voinic: The mrrepzion/Onision feud is now well-known across YouTube and much of the internet. Things were said and the whole affair turned into a massive shitstorm with a lot of childish behaviour on both sides, but Onision is subjectively the worse of the two.
- ldelavina3: I'm speaking for NateTalksToYou for this one. Onision made a hater FAQ on his website. You heard that correctly, people criticized him so much that he dedicated a entire page to his haters. Reading through it, you'll notice that he always puts himself as the "victim" and that he has done nothing wrong. Greg, let's be realistic here, you are basically a controversy magnet, don't you think that you're partially responsible for all this? This is the reason why I think that Onision is the biggest crybaby I've seen and that's saying a hell of a lot.
- SWF Max: Onision is the biggest fucking douchebag I've ever seen on YouTube, and that says a lot. He said something along the lines of, "Well, if your husband touches you in your sleep, it's not really rape, because it's like, you're married, so aren't you supposed to be sexual?" That's fucking insane. Rape is rape, Greg, whether you're in a committed relationship with someone or not. Marriage doesn't have to be sexual. There's no magical law that says "Do whatever the hell you want to your spouse." You wouldn't want that done to you, Onision. Fuck you, Onision. That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard said, with a few possible exceptions. If sex is not explicitly, clearly, unambiguously consensual between 2 people of legal age, then it's fucking rape. An average 11-year-old could figure that out, but apparently, a man in his 20s fucking can't.
- CJ Croen 1393: I believe I speak for everyone when I say that Onision's video about "Women Against Feminism" was quite possibly the most disgustingly misogynistic thing I had ever seen, ironic considering the fact that he claimed to be making it in the name of gender equality. Basically, he brings up various quotes from Women Against Feminism, a lot of which raise fairly decent points and then immediately dismisses them (the women, not the arguments) as stupid, tries to appeal to worse problems (I.E., the classic "What about the people in this country who I'm not helping but am demanding you do!?"), brings up several things that were debunked years ago and gladly tries to base all judgements of feminism on the dictionary definition as the usual method of sneakily guilt-tripping people into thinking "if you're against feminism then you're against equality!" The real straw that broke the camel's back for me, however, was the conclusion, wherein he demanded that all women who say they're "against feminism" wear burqas, not vote, not get divorced, demand lower pay and pretty much give up all human rights because it would be 'hypocritical of them as anti-feminists to want equal rights'" (note that it's not feminism overall that most anti-feminist women are against, it's what feminism has become in recent years and the extremists it's produced; many anti-feminist women even used to be feminists) and tops it all off by once again saying that anti-feminist women are all just stupid idiots who don't realize how oppressed they are. So here we have a straight, white man insisting that he knows what's best for an entire group of women and that if they don't listen to him they're just too stupid to know what's good for them. I only see one stupid person in this video, and it's Onision himself.
- Full Blast: I have had the masochistic misfortune of looking through some of Onision's videos and sites to try and gain my own opinion of this pompous, cock sucking, sociopathic, ego maniac. Without a doubt the worst thing that I've ever heard Onision do, was the infamous "post your wife's amnesiac/mental regression to that of a toddler episode on the internet" video. It truly sickens me to think that a "man" like Greg can be this exploitative and sickeningly uncaring. He's also apparently posted tweets about this video, asking whether or not he should have, or still should, taken his wife to the hospital and frames the tweets in such a way that the sane rational response of taking your fucking partner to the hospital is shown as this delusional crazed response. Furthermore, people have speculated whether or not his wife actually had the episode or was simply in cahoots with Greg in order to gain attention/money. Either way, this shows Greg as, quite possibly, the worst human being ever to exist on youtube.
- Waka Laka: As a depression sufferer, I find Onision's videos mocking suicide and self-harm to be sickening, but the worst for me was when he uploaded a video promoting his latest book, in which he mockingly pretended to commit suicide because he wasn't popular enough. This on its own was distasteful at best, but it was made much worse with the added context; this video was uploaded shortly after the news of Daniel Kyre's (of YouTube channel Cyndago, who was also a close friend of Markiplier) suicide was announced. That, and along with subsequent Take That's towards Markiplier and his fans on Twitter, as well as previous Take That videos towards popular Youtubers, the video was interpreted by many as Onision ridiculing Daniel's tragic death. Whether this was intentional or not, this video and his subsequent behaviour was more than enough to cement the fact that Onision is a disgusting person.
- supernintendo128: ProtoMario is a YouTube commentator who talks about current events in gaming and for a while I was a fan of him until I saw this rant of the Nintendo 2015 Digital Event where he reached Mysterious Mr. Enter levels of rage, only even more irrational. The video is full of Critical Research Failure (like not understanding why there are Muppet skits in between the announcements when the biggest announcement in the event is Star Fox Zero, a new game in a series inspired by Thunderbirds a british puppet TV show) and expecting too much out of the company (complaining about the fact that no new Donkey Kong Country or Kirby games were announced when Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze came out a year ago and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse came out a mere 5 months ago) but the stupidest part of the entire video is when he acts like Star Fox Zero was the only game announced for the Wii U, nevermind that like 6 other games are coming out for it soon, and claims that Wii U owners have nothing to play this year due to the apparent lack of new games announced, while treating replaying older games for the system as a bad thing and uses the tired "Wii U has no games" argument, when at this point, there are plenty of games for the system. The reason behind these stupid accusions is that he admits that he did not watch the entire Digial Event before making this video, only seeing bits and pieces of it. One of the biggest mistakes a commentator can make is see bits and pieces of the thing they are commentating on and assume that they know what they are talking about. After this video, I unsubscribed to him and never looked back.
- FromtheWordsofBR: For me, it's when Proto told commentator Kayden Marx, who is in a financial rut and has started a GoFundMe to have fans donate money for his insurance, that he deserved to be in said rut. And then he had his fans raid youngbloodfantasy91's commentary on him and bring the video to an insane and undeserved amount of dislikes. All because Kayden made a commentary on him that actually makes decent points. What. Given that I'm barely familiar with Proto's work, talk about a good first impression.
Rion "Rhino" Mills
- JEFFWONTLEAVE: I personally think that commentary videos get a bad rep nowadays. They have drastically improved from what they were back in 2011 with much more insight and humor. One prime example of this is Rion "Rhino" Mills, considered by many to be the best one out there. Which makes his DMOS, Response to Mr Enter even more painful. The video itself could have been better if it was worked into a main commentary on his channel or People who did the B.O.P commentary on Mr.Enter's troll video did the response, but instead it's just a lazy response that come's across as filler for a Massive Multiplayer Crossover channel. But the main issue I had with this video that turned it From Bad to Worse was the last 3 minutes where he tries to come across as The Last DJ who is trying to help save the poor misinformed fans of this horrible person who made a video he hated on youtube instead turned the entire vid to a very mean-spirited, arrogant and completely uncalled for rant about Mr.enter. For someone who is well known for being very well reasonable and yet still blunt and to the point, this seemed completely out of character for him and added nothing of value to the commentary. As a person who hated that troll video as much as, if not more so the him, I was completely furious with this video and was considering just giving up on the commentary community all over again, but I decided to give him one more shot and he did win me back. But I'm still not forgiving him for that train wreck any time soon.
- FromtheWordsofBR: Definitely gonna have to agree. While the actual video in question was actually pretty good (with many good points), this response was just...bleh, especially since both Rion and B.O.P. have done much better videos. It starts out fine, but it would've felt better if it were just a Quickie on Rion's normal channel. And then the last 3 minutes come in. That Last DJ attitude just rubs me the wrong way because he and the others in B.O.P. criticize Johnny for being hypocritical when Rion just did the same thing here (acting egotistical in his hate for Mr. Enter and rallying up all his fans to unsubscribe because of a video he didn't like and [somewhat] attack users who dislike the video, while criticizing Mr. Enter for being egotistical with his hate for trolls). Which is beyond mind-numbing because he's normally excellent at avoiding hypocrisy. All in all, it's a rare misstep for a normally flawless commentator, perhaps one of his only ones so far.
- fluffything: For those unfamiliar, there is a Web Animation series called Scientifically Accurate that "parodies" (in the loosest sense of the word possible) classic cartoons, video games, and so forth using "science" (again, loosest sense of the word possible). It only took me one viewing of their Scientifically Accurate Sonic the Hedgehog video to realize just how terrible their attempts at humor are (And, considering they're associated with Fox's "Animation Domination", that should come as no surprise). The DMOS is basically how utterly lazy and juvenile it is. Rather than come up with something clever and witty, the short instead tells such great jokes such as "Hedgehogs eat poop!" and the classic "Echidnas have a four-headed penis!". Heck, they don't even try with the Toilet Humor. It's basically just the same "it's gross so it's instantly funny" mentality you'd expect from a twelve year-old boy than what I can only assume is a professional writer and/or animator.
- FromtheWordsofBR: I am completely unashamed with my enjoyment of Scientifically Accurate, but I knew from the get-go that Scientifically Accurate My Little Pony was going to be a huge mess. Shockingly enough, though, the brony-bashing is kept to a minimum of one mention of how Beijing serves horse privates as food (then again, I didn't mind the brony-bashing line in "Today Was a Good Day on the Internet" because everything else in that one was well-executed and catchy). Unfortunately, the rest of the video is just dull. The accurate stuff isn't as hilariously sick and twisted as the other videos are, being just normal stuff real-life horses do. Sure, other videos do normal descriptions of animals, but it's nowhere near as soul-suckingly humorless as it is in this installment. It's not bad enough to make me quit watching their videos, as Animation Domination High-Def is responsible for a lot of decent parodies, but it's just a gigantic misstep.
- Bengson26: I am going to say this right now: I fucking hate this show. But the one that makes me want to strangle the writer is Scientifically Accurate Ninja Turtles. Right from the get-go, I knew this would be a colossal mess. And I was right. The "turtle dicks" part is pretty much the low point of this "parody". Hell, they don't even bring anything new to the table with the humor except for the "dicks are funny" mentality. This was just a soulless, humorless video from a soulless, humorless series. And people thought the 2014 film ruined childhoods.
- CJ Croen 1393: Scientifically Accurate Barney, if for no other reason than the fact that the title is a complete and utter lie. They evidently got all their Tyrannosaurus rex facts from Jurassic Park (complete with a John Hammond expy), as they depict the titular dinosaur as a giant scaly monstrosity that's constantly stomping around and roaring, messily chewing up small children for shock value (yes, because a 9-ton T. rex is going to love eating scrawny little human children) and—to top it all off—they decide to give it a giant penis. Barring the fact that such a huge reproductive organ would kill a female T. rex if the male tried to mate with her, there is serious doubt cast on the idea that dinosaurs even had external genitalia at all (most modern dinosaurs—besides ducks and certain ratites—certainly don't). This video was about as scientifically accurate as The Flintstones.
- The Farmboy: Arin's more recent Sequelitis where he criticizes Ocarina of Time as he favoured A Link to the Past. Much of the points were pretty weak (the text's speed in Ocarina is "slow" despite you could press A to just display the full text for one.) The moment I wish to bring up is his rant against Skyward Sword. I like the game, but I could understand why people dislike it. However the reason I hate that moment is because it's irrelevant and unnecessary to what the video was about. And ironic since he claimed that everything is handed to you in Skyward Sword, however when he brought up A Link Between Worlds, he said it's alright even though you can purchase all of the dungeon items if you grind for rupees (limitation aside.) To put it bluntly, it's bloody weak.
- shonengirl: Seconded. This was my first exposure to Egoraptor, and it wasn't a good one. What annoyed me throughout the whole video was that not only did he have to be an extreme Jerk Ass about his views, but had such a blatant Bias Steamroller it was infuriating, despite claiming at the start of the review that he was going to be "objective", making it seem like his opinion is objective fact. He talked as if the first Zelda was this perfect, flawless game fit for everyone, declaring that was what Zelda games "should" be. Yet he wasn't as harsh toward Link to the Past despite being arguably more linear than Skyward Sword would ever be. He blamed Oo T fanboys for being nostalgia-blind when he is probably worse when it comes to the original, and refuses to accept that some people might actually like a more user-friendly style of gameplay and like, you know, an actual plot and character development. The aforementioned rant was where it all culminated, at the same time he was at his most obnoxious, meanspirited and most irrelevant, showing all his hypocrisy, It's All About Me mentality, and weak arguments before this point (which mostly boiled down to They Changed It, Now It Sucks) building up in this giant mess of an Author Filibuster. I haven't played a Zelda game before and still he just ticked me off through the whole thing. The last comment at the end did nothing to negate how immature he had been in presenting his arguments, and I believe he is no better than that fanboy at the start of his video. He is just like those Genwunners who declare anything not Gen one of Pokemon bad. He is just as bad as those Sonic fanbrats who complain about the smallest detail. He is no better than any other raging nostalgia-blind fanboy who thinks everything should be done how ''he'' wants it. It's fine he is presenting his opinions, I get that. But he didn't have to be so darn obnoxious and hypocritical about it. It just makes me wonder how this manchild became so popular. (Then again, considering hardcore gamers, maybe I shouldn't be surprised)
- Catmuto: Third one to agree. That was a horrible Sequelitis video and I had difficulty finishing it, simply because he kept getting off-track and ranting at Skyward Sword. Instead of focusing on what the video was supposed to be about - comparing A Link To The Past and Ocarina Of Time - he decided to stop and focus on ranting and raving about Skyward Sword which had absolutely no place in the video. It was not part of the topic of the video, nor was the title somehow indicative of it being a three of those three Zelda games. If Arin did not enjoy Skyward Sword, that's quite alright. And if he honestly wanted to voice all his disappointment or anger at what he conceived as the problems in that game, that would've had been alright, too - had he done so in a separate video, entirely devoted to said topic. I honestly thought that Arin was a decent person, able to focus on his work and to separate his personal opinion and a more objective view on matters. This video proved that he couldn't do that. Much of a fan I am of Skyward Sword, even if I was not a fan, his repeated insistence on stopping the topic of his actual video to ran about something that has no damn reason to be there, would have pissed me off nonetheless. And I personally felt like he didn't even compare A Link To The Past and Ocarina Of Time all that well, either.
The Spoony Experiment
- Dr Zulu 2010: Speaking of Spoony, there is a part in his Final Fantasy X review who makes me stop watching them and most of his videos after his statement to kill everyone who likes the game. I'm sorry but... no. It's okay that you don't like the game, but to inflict bodily harm on people who really likes it (myself included) is as funny as being hit in the face with a sledgehammer. Between this and his statement on Final Fantasy XIII (another game in the series I liked) that "If you like this game you're lying to yourself" leads me to believe that he only does this not for fun but to spite everyone who likes the series despite the flaws they contain.
- Door Hating Cat: In relation to the above it seems that Noah is not proud of it and while it was intended to be taken in jest, he understands why people took issue with it. Which is more than can be said for many moments on this page. Unfortunately, this seemed almost immediately counter-acted by his spiel on the Mass Effect fanbase. Let's not get into the ending right now, but we can now add Noah to the LONG list of people who have embarrassed themselves over the affair by deciding to just write off an entire side as immature dimwits. We could probably include an entire list on this page simply for reactions to said game but let's not add more fuel to the fire.
- Man Called True: Near the start of his Ultima IX review, Spoony explicitly compares professional video game reviewers to prostitutes, and then has the gall to declare, "I give it to you straight". Um... no. No, you do not, Noah (and remember, part of the point of the Ultima Retrospective was that, in most ways, this was Noah, not the Spoony One character). You are an Internet-based Caustic Critic who is paid to Accentuate the Negative. You do not "give it to us straight". You are paid to mock and insult games regardless of actual quality. Pull your head out of your ass and deflate your ego. This is the point at which Noah Antwiler lost any and all credibility.
- Animeking1108: Spoony's stream on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It's clear that he came into that game wanting to hate it, which is evidenced by the fact that he Rage Quit before even starting the first quest. Now, what was his problem? The first quest was a Fetch Quest, or as he called it, a "bitch quest." Maybe if he didn't spend most of the stream dicking around with the character creation, he probably wouldn't have gotten bored so easily. What makes this especially jarring is that in Persona 4, a game Spoony praised to the high heavens, had a 90 minute opening cutscene before actually taking him to the action. It's clear that he didn't want to play FFXIV and wanted any excuse to get out of playing it.
- Catmuto: Spoony's overall review of Final Fantasy XIII was horrible to me. His videos immediately made me feel like he thought I was a stupid, stupid person for liking the game. That's a horrible way to start and it only got worse then. I think the worst moment was, when he admitted to having stopped paying attention to any cutscenes going on. And then complained that he ultimately did not understand the story - maybe you should've paid attention to the cutscenes that were telling the story.
- RomanatorX: I personally find TV Trash to be very underrated, as I feel that Chris "Rowdy" Moore, at the very least, makes several honest points, and has a good sense of humor about himself. However, there is one moment that frustrated me. In his review of SWAT Kats, in which he complains why Ted Turner cancelled the show. He then goes off on a tangent, declaring the hypocrisy in cancelling Swat Kats for violence when, horror of all horrors, people allow their kids to play football. Now, if you read Moore's sports-focused twitter, he has made it clear that he detests the sport. I view this as a DMOS because it is kind of hypocritical, as he earlier criticized Family Guy, for... wait for it... being preachy and political. I just happened to find his take that toward Football to itself be preachy and political.
- InTheGallbladder: Let me say this outright: TV Trash isn't a particularly novel series. It wouldn't have much of an audience were it not for this website, or the prevalence of internet reviewers as a whole. But the thing that really put me off, was "10 Most Screwed Over Shows," in which he works himself into a spiritless, uninspired "furor" over the existence of TMZ, followed by a Jump Cut to "Combine Harvester" playing over a We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties sign. It pretty much demonstrated his defining fault—he has no real voice of his own, instead looking to the big-name reviewers (who aren't necessarily the best themselves) in deciding what he should do.
- Blue Guy: I do not like TV Trash at all, but the clincher for me was a moment in his "Top 10 Worst South Park Episodes". Sure, he at least admits he was going to face a large amount of backlash for hating on such a beloved series, and his numerous Nausea Fuel-based complaints, while a bit annoying, are pretty valid. No, the worst part of it for me was his entry for "The Losing Edge" (the one where the boys are forced to play baseball and deliberately try to lose, while Randy starts causing fights in the stalls). His main basis for its placement on the list? The show hated on something he liked. There's a bit more to it (like the rather lackluster ending), but that's his main complaint. Really? You don't like an episode just because you disagree with its point of view? That's just pathetic. (And I know he has Asperger's Syndrome - so do I, in fact - but it doesn't excuse his incredibly faulty reasoning.)
- FromtheWordsofBR: I enjoy TV Trash, but there was one moment in his review of It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown that got on my nerves. At one point, he waxes positivity over singer Desirae Goyet and her performances in later Peanuts specials. I find her a great singer myself...however, he then asks why Desirae Goyet never got any success while Alanis Morissette's "screeching" went platinum. Chris's made a lot of Alanis Morissette potshots in his videos, but this one particularly ticked me off because it is unfunny and reeks of personal bias—there are plenty of songs where Alanis doesn't "screech" ("Hands Clean", for one). Also, I do not know when the review was originally made (Rowdy is no longer on Blip), but it was likely made at a point where Alanis's music wasn't even that popular anymore.
- Hyrin: Watch Mojo's list of Top 10 Heroic Sacrifices in Movies. I could accept their caveat at the beginning that they wouldn't include "non-sentient acts of courage" such as the T-800 (they even disqualify him by name). That's fair enough, since they need to establish some limits on their lists. However, they completely depth-charged their own point when they hit #8. Who was it? The Iron Giant. Somehow, one robotic weapon of mass destruction that kills itself to save the lives of the people it had once been sent to kill is more sentient than another.
- FromtheWordsofBR: I used to be a big fan of WatchMojo.com, even when it had its bumps and downs...right up until "Top 10 Hated Disney Animated Shows". I could go on and on about them listing some shows that are for the most part well-liked (Gravity Falls? Are you kidding me?), but, to me, it's the Critical Research Failure of adding, of all things, Monster High(!) to the list. Look, I'm not saying I like it, but I just want to point out something: Monster High has only aired on Nickelodeon in America, not Disney Channel. Did you even bother to research where it aired? Or worse yet, did you believe what Wikipedia said while the page was possibly vandalized by Greeny Phatom followers? Thanks, WatchMojo, you've just lost a loyal fan and a subscriber, and I won't be watching your videos ever again.
- stairwolf83: Watch Mojo's list of Top 10 PlayStation Games of All Time. The called Naughty Dog a "cinematic force". What the fuck is a "cinematic force"? And there are also several games, that aren't even PlayStation exclusive, like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Resident Evil 2. They aren't even Sony's own IP's! The list also lacks several true PlayStation games, like Spyro the Dragon (PS1 only) and Crash Bandicoot (also PS1 only). It would be the same if I made a Top 10 Nintendo Games of All Time-list and then put fucking Halo in there.
- Morphin Brony: I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Top 10 Cartoons of the 2010s" yet. On this list, Teen Titans Go! is given an Honorable Mention. There's Critical Research Failure, and then there's this. Regardless of my opinion on TTG, there are many people who would be inclined to disagree with this choice. Not to mention the decade isn't even over yet.
- Jonn: anachronauts arc 3, fs03. The female elf Nel was rescued by and fell in love with space-girl Una, who is straight. Okay, plenty of healthy relationships have grown out of a Rescue Romance. She doesn't tell her. Okay, that's reasonable. Nel decides to devote her life to being Una's best friend. Um, what? Nel never gets any significant characterization, background, or personality traits other than being in love with Una. Hmm. Nel is tempted by a genie to kill one of the other Anachronauts in order to have Una. She refuses, saying that she'd rather have Una naturally. You go, girl. And then in fs03, Una gets her hands on the sense-recording earrings Nel has been wearing since the beginning of the arc, and is able to effectively be Nel as she talked to the Genie, including her declaration of love. She re-evaluates her interactions with Nel, and then instantly realizes she loves her. Please note that Una has been exclusively heterosexual up to this point, and realizing she likes girls in general and loves Nel in particular is portrayed as basically flipping a switch. Oh, and the author pretty clearly has a fetish for lesbians, as it popped up in his earlier Sailor Nothing, and in an aside in arc 2. Their friendship is written as exactly that; a friendship, with no romantic or sexual tension. Compared to the other romances in the series, which are written much more organically, it seems more like a Strangled by the Red String Romantic Plot Tumor than an actual romance. Nel and Una are given some "private time" at the end of that chapter, which would be ideal for showing their conversation before the inevitable sex and underlining the fact that they actually do have feelings for each other, except we never get to see it. Did I mention that there had been no other significant LGBT characters in the series up to that point? Yes, that's right, the only known homosexual is there for solely for the purpose of Fetish Fuel. It's kinda creepy, and I couldn't read the series after that.
- JHN: I'm not really speaking for myself, but for The Escapist. Game Dogs, a Work Com about 3 dogs who work in a gaming company, had a Tonight Someone Dies event. In the episode, 2 side characters kill off the female lead, with jokes centered around where it was legal to kill her or not. The fanbase felt that playing death for laughs & the amount of gore featured felt unpleasant, even for those who enjoy Black Comedy. In The Stinger, Roger - The Smart Guy, kills himself because he felt unhappy being in company, no signs of it before, causing Fridge Logic. Note, that the characters were somewhat well liked, compared to the main character, Chet, who was condsidered The Scrappy (no pun intended). Saying it was Dude, Not Funny! would be a understatement, even offending those who liked the Good Troi Episode, "Knives-R-Us".
- Tropers/ilovedededeAGAIN: If one DMOS had to come out in Super Mario Bros. Z, then that would be definitely the scene in Episode 7 where Mario and Sonic are warped to the Minus World. It starts fine enough until Kolorado and Goombella appear out of nowhere and sass up the scene. The icing on the cake though is when Goombella becomes very sassy about fighting Mecha Sonic. Alvin Earthworm would have known to do better if his fans complained.
- The Tundra Terror: I used to have high regards for xRazorFistx's, a.k.a. The Rageaholic's, reviews, however, his retrospective of the Star Fox series let a bad taste in my mouth. About three-quarters into the review, he basically seems to drop everything to rage on about how all "furverts" are animal rapists, because that joke isn't old, and how they are all scum of the earth. Not only is the whole thing awkward to sit through, like one of your grandfather's racist rambling, it was completely unneeded, came out of nowhere, and had nothing funny to say.
- Mosquito Man: An example from Retsupurae, the poor quality Star Fox 64 video. Proteus starts bragging about how he's willing to pick on the player even though they're very young. The quality of their LP is bad, but it's still a bit harsh. slowbeef even considers that video an Old Shame of sorts.
- cookieman: We have Nyan Cat as fanart, crossovers (with such series at Mario Kart, Robot Unicorn Attack, and shirts and such). However, when you start to crossover something with 9/11, then you know there's something wrong. (View at your own risk)
- Bengson26: To put the icing on this vomit-inducing cake, the image was posted exactly on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. To think this was okay to post at the time is downright sickening. I know the purpose was to pay tribute to the victims of the attacks, but this is the wrong way to do it.
- Lhipenwhe: Two incidents that soured me on the Whateley Universe; one incident where the rape of a villain was/could be seen by the protagonists and readers as 'just desserts', and the flat-out rape and forceful mutation by a story character. Rape can be a hard topic to cover, but in these instances it completely wrecked whatever enjoyment I took from the stories.
- Animeking1108: I like Faulerro's NullMetal Alchemist, but his stabs at Naruto The Abridged Series are even less subtle than LittleKuriboh's. His version of Naruto: The Abridged Movie sounds like bitter fanboy rage. Then in his most recent video, "The Roast Of LittleKuriboh," there's an unfunny bit where Vegeta3986 takes over talking about him pissing on the source material and calling LittleKuriboh a hack, which is basically Seltzer and Friedberg level of parody. Thanks, Faulerro. I was starting to get over your immature nerd rage, but you ruin it again by acting like a douchebag. If you hate Naruto The Abridged Series that much, then ignore it. That's it, I'm done with his videos.
- Catmuto: With Faulerro's DRAT, I overall enjoyed the few episodes he brought out to date. They made fun of the game and even pointed out things that always bothered me, and also gave the characters alterations or emphasis on their personalities. My DMoS, though, is in Episode 4 when the subject of Fujisaki Chihiro's gender is brought up. Monokuma holds up a sign that says that it will not be further discussed, as Tumblr would get angry at the creator. This could count as a DMoS to every person on Tumblr who would actually begin to rage at the topic mentioned in the spoiler, but the fact that Faulerro's videos have repeatedly put emphasis on this, bugs me. It never was much of a question to begin with (those who claim otherwise would mostly fall under the Misaimed Fandom side) and his emphasizing like he cares a lot what Tumblr people say comes across as him trying way too hard to be 'politically correct' on this subject matter, including the insistence on referring to the character as 'they' instead of gender-pronouns post-revelation.
- InTheGallbladder: I pretty much had a falling out with ''Your Dungeon, My Dragon" which, up until then, had been a pretty good series, when they decided, right out of nowhere, that the last third of episode four was going to be a lengthy advert for the Toyota Yaris (their most outspoken sponsor).note Up until that point, I had no issue with the Yaris ads, (bonus points for them being embedded in the videoss themselves and thus easy to skip) but this pretty much destroyed my respect for Adam de la Peńa.
- Robbie: Anime World Order, Episode 85. During Daryl's review of Violence Jack, Daryl mentions the explicit, grotesque rape sequences in the Evil Town OVA, and promptly suggests that these scenes are tailored to the Japanese libido. "Japanese men can't get it up unless you've got like a loaded pistol in the girl's mouth being like 'shut the fuck up and enjoy this bitch' as they plead for their life, and blood gushes forth from their crotch because it's more Moe when you get to bust the hymen..." He goes on to suggest that things like this is why Japanese women are supposedly more interested in foreigners than native Japanese. Even as a sarcastic joke, it is still horribly racist to paint the Japanese as a nation of rapists and freaks because of anime like Violence Jack, and it stains the reputation of the most prominent podcast on the subject of Japanese animation. Reviewing anime in a humorous fashion certainly works, but mocking Japanese culture because you don't like certain nasty anime slams the Dude, Not Funny! button so hard it cracks in half.
- Renelia: Ghost of True Capitalist's 10/13/2011 Radio Graffiti segment stuck out as the lowest point of the show. (Radio Graffiti is a segment where people can actually participate in the broadcast if they're phoned in) It started off promising, but it got much worse as it went on. Not one cans.wav, not one funny moment from the callers. The host was so disgusted that he played a random "fruitbowl" music that was never mentioned again for that episode. He ended up leaving early because of it and as a result, he didn't do another show for five days. It was that bad.
- fluffything: Normally, I enjoy the Spill crew and their film reviews. Well, I decided to check out a spin-off series they had called "Happy Hour", which is basically an LP series. Fair enough. But, the DMOS came in when one of the commenters stated that Mario Party 9 was (paraphrased) "One of those games where you just have to push a button that you play while wearing a helmet that your mom makes you wear all the time so you don't get hurt". Let that sink in a moment. They were pretty much implying that only mentally challenged people enjoy ''Mario Party'' games. Not only is this an insult to people in general who like/play the Mario Party games (The Runaway Guys, anyone?), but it's also an insult to people of various mental disability as well.
- King Cr Inu Yasha: Punk '77's view on rock history was too much of a Bias Steamroller for me, reeking of the tired arguments critics have been using since the late 1960s, but things went from biased to just plain stupid in the segment for the Beatles, specifically the last quarter. The writer, to borrow a quote from Linkara, "goes beyond the realm of good taste and into something that is just vile", where he basically concludes that the ultimate legacy of the Fab Four's psychedelic period was inspiring Charles Manson to mastermind the Tate-LaBianca murders and inspiring people to commit such crimes is all the music has going for it, even going as far as saying "That's reality and reality hurts!". To which I respond: "Punk '77, you are a fucking idiot!" There are people in this world who had no connection with the psychedelic movement and had no interest in fairy-tale flavored stuff at all, yet they still turned out to be as much of a murderous asshole as Manson. This is the kind of stunt Jack Thompson would have pulled whenever a person who liked video games went on a killing spree, and for the cherry on this shit sundae, the writer includes a brief epilogue about fan reactions, some of which included death threats. Granted, threatening to kill someone is the last thing you want to do in response to something you don't like, but I can't help but feel that the epilogue is the result of him knowing that the more idiotic section of the fanbase would respond to his article and using those responses to validate his claim that all Beatle fans are psychopaths; he even brings up the fuckhead who killed John Lennon just to nail the point home! To all the Punk '77s in the world, I say this: There's being a realist, and then there's being a self-righteous tight-ass, and if stuff like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band really is the worst thing to happen in your life, then your life is probably much better than you're letting on.
- Thetundraterror: I used to be a big fan of Alpha Omega Sin until one of his recent videos. In it, he calls someone greedy for selling a old NES game for $50k, which would be fine... if said game was not the only existing copy of a beta for Final Fantasy II. People were quick to point out that since that game is, basically, a piece of gaming history and the only one of its kind, said seller can charge whatever he wants, and, unlike the Mother games, this is the only copy of a game that exists. Soon enough, AOS actually disabled that rating to said video because people were disagreeing with him. News flash! You do not disable rating because people start disagreeing with you! That is one of the most cowardly acts you can do! But it gets worse... When yours truly pointed out said act and how it petty it was, it resulted in me being blocked from commenting on his channel. Seriously. Well, good to know how much of a butthurt little cry baby you are, AOS.
- Animeking1108: Now, I love Anime Abomination, but the "Top 10 Most Hilariously Bad Dub Edits/Alterations" had a cringeworthy scene. After ranting about a dumb edit, he compared it to a long, drawn-out Author Filibuster on the Gainax Ending to Total Drama World Tour. Don, if you wanted to rant about TDWT, did you consider actually doing a video on it than a distracting rant that had nothing to do with the video?
- fluffything: I like raocow. I find his videos, for the most part, to be very amusing to watch. But, and I may be in the minority here, I find the whole "Raocow dies a lot and gets angry" segment of The Second Reality Project (the 48th part of the LP to be specific) to be a DMOS. Maybe it's just me, but, I don't like seeing "Frustrated and angry Raocow". To me, it's just not funny or entertaining. Sure, it may work for other Let's Players. But, Raocow's appeal is that he says hilariously nonsensical things while playing video games. Not that he gets angry while playing a very difficult part of a rom hack.
- Some New Guy: While the Two Best Friends Play The Walking Dead LP was overall pretty good (giving us such gems like the Shame Car), I have to take issue with their treatment of Kenny, specifically how their hate for him ends up being due to Larry's death. Look, I'll be the first to admit that there are many reasons not to like Kenny, but Larry was the epitome of Asshole Victim and was clearly already dead anyway, so seeing this as the main reason for them hating Kenny just came off as silly to me.
- Calamity2007: Their Friday Night Fisticuffs episode of Arcana Heart 3: Love MAX!!! left a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, having a fighting game full of Moe girls which sometimes are played for Fanservice can be an Audience-Alienating Premise, but as the briefly said in the beginning of the video: the game has many unique mechanics that other fighting games don't. Do they explore those? Hell no! Instead we get 30 minutes of "Ugh these are creepy pedo characters, I'm going to go to jail for playing this!" It gets old really fast and really doesn't help convince others that this game has more to it. Not only was the video shorter than other Fisticuffs videos, they were eager to end it as soon as possible. If your going to bother putting something as a Friday Night Fisticuffs video, where good quality fighting games are played. Enjoy it and talk about it as such. Not doing a single joke for half an hour. Leave that for the Saturday Morning Scrublords videos where we know that you are just going to talk shit all video.
- Lady Stardust: I'm gonna have to go with the "prison rape" joke in Jeremy Jahns' review of Breaking Dawn Part 2. First off saying that "It will be over faster if you lie there and take it" is very insensitive. 2nd, comparing a film experience to something as degrading and life-destroying as rape is incredibly facepalm-worthy and makes you sound like a jerk trying to sound edgy. As bad as the Twilight films are they are not comparable to such a horrific act. I never watched this man's reviews but hearing about this, he has lost a potential fan.
- Darkton: So I was watching the third episode of My Little Pony: Camaraderie Is Supernatural. It was a parody of Call of the Cutie, and was going pretty fine before, then Applejack said "You can't just go around harassing the customers? Who do you think we are, Capcom?" I stopped watching the video immediately after that. Wasn't the premise built on the Elements of Parody? Which one of them was the "Element of Attack Humor", exactly? That's why I call this one of the lowest of the low in terms of humor.
- Jetpack Percy: For me, it was Ani Mat's Top Ten Best and Worst Animated Films of 2013. The video was decent at best (Epic, the 3rd Best Film on his list, was one of my worst for 2013), up until he got up to the part where it cost him a subscriber, when he gets to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, the worst movie in 2013 on the list. Now I don't mind if you don't like the film, but what killed any chance of me watching any more of his videos in the future was when he said that if anyone actually liked this film, then they would need to reconsider their life. Okay, as stated, if you don't like a film, that's okay, but you said in the review of the film itself that you wouldn't try to change anyone's opinion of the film, so why force them to change here? Hypocrite much? Honestly, that one line alone cost you your subscriber, and potentially more of them because of that. By the way, try telling that to people who actually liked the film, and see how many friends/subscribers you get.
- InTheGallbladder: I used to love RedLetterMedia, especially Plinkett Reviews. However, one bit was just plain awful—Early in his review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, he mentions he masturbates to Mary Kate and Ashley cassettes, which is followed by a needlessly graphic simulation of such. I stopped watching at that point, and haven't watched Mr. Plinkett since.
- countotaku: I used to enjoy Gigguk's The Anime Zone reviews until he made his Fate/Zero Anime Review, where 3/4 into his review, he brings up several negative points about the show based solely on his opinions which I find incredibly stupid most of the time, thus, making it his biggest DMOS. First, he mentions that the first episode is nothing except 40 minutes of exposition when in fact, it serves mostly as character introduction with only 30 percent of exposition. Second, he laments the fact that Fate/Zero is a prequel to the 2005 Fate/Stay Night anime adaptation, which is the equivalent of saying Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins is the prequel to Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin, thus having to set up a Downer Ending that leads to Fate/Stay Night or as he calls it "a retarded half-brother". I find his reasoning completely wrong because the downer ending was foreshadowed pretty early in the show itself and not anti-climatic as he believes it is; also, his disrespect for Fate/Stay Night is solely based on seeing the anime adaptation, which makes this a good example of passing judgment on works he hasn't seen. Third, I know this is one his random jokes but his "NO HOMO" comment comes across as really incredibly lame and just plain unfunny. While I'm aware that he gave a reasonably high score to the series, nothing can hide the fact that the review had plenty of DMOS.
- Midna: The Annotated Series was, and admittedly still is, one of my favorite YouTube past times (I'm an annotator myself), but some things are kind of hard to forgive; at some point during their simultaneous riffs of Sonic Underground and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, they brought in someone - or maybe multiple people - who can best be described as the epitome of the Revenge Troll, constantly wishing death, suicide, and all manner of nasty things on the writers. A bit uncomfortable to read (treating them like absolute scum that "doesn't deserve sentience" because they wrote a shitty episode of a kiddie cartoon show?), but nothing that overtly offended my sensibilities. Until one of them said that the writers should be "doing the Jailhouse Rock" during an episode of TSMBSS. Granted, it fit with the whole Elvis theme of that episode's live action segment, but either A. they picked an Elvis song title that worked with their desires to see the writers in prison without considering the implications, or B. they just made a tasteless Prison Rape joke, and either way it left a bad taste in my mouth. I still go to, annotate on, and enjoy their channel, but I don't really watch or annotate either of the above series anymore.
- Man Called True: In the annotated version of the MLP Canadian live show, one of the annotators doesn't even make jokes - they just bash bronies every time they comment. Whoever let that guy onto the staff should be ashamed.
- Animeking1108: While I enjoy Beyond The Black Rims by MarzGurl, Episode 5 was a waste of potential when they got to the part about the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix Collection. They talked about the collection itself for about 30 seconds before going on a 20 minute rant everyone and their mothers has heard about Kingdom Hearts 3 not being made yet. I can pretty much watch the entire segment by going on a forum. They completely ignore the fact that it will contain the Final Mix, which fans have been waiting eleven years for. They even admit that they don't care how much the side games will clear any potential plot holes out. I expected better from you, Kaylyn.
- taylorkerekes: I enjoy watching The Cartoon Hero, as lot of his videos are rather interesting and informative, but his absolute worst moment in my book deals with his Top 20 Most Hated Characters video, particularly Lucy Van Pelt's entry. Now while I can be perfectly understand this character being on anybody's list of characters they despise, even though she is one of my favorite Peanuts characters, the Hero really goes over the line when he gets to at least two comeuppances that Lucy has received over the years, from Charlie Brown turning invisible on her so he can kick the football (which to me is up for a moral debate) to Peter Griffin beating her up, the latter of which the Hero declares in a rather devious-sounding tone: "That is so satisfying!" Hold on a goddamn second—You actually enjoyed that? You actually think that even children should receive such harsh punishments from grown adults?!! I don't care if it's just a cartoon! Seeing Lucy getting beat up by a grown man, no matter how bitchy others say she is, is just as bad as seeing Judge William Adams mercilessly beat his daughter with a belt!
- fluffything: For me, the DMOS was the beginning of his review of Equestria Girls. Why? Two reasons. First off, he calls people who complained about Alicorn Twilight (and Hasbro's marketing practices in general) "Insane Bronies". That's just immature. Even if he doesn't agree with their opinions, that doesn't give them the right to call them insane. The second reason is even worse. When he explains that the movie got a limited theatrical release, he explains that many Bronies chose to instead watch pirated online downloads of the movie. He then makes the claim that said Bronies did so because they didn't want to be viewed as pedophiles for wanting to see a movie geared towards children. ... What? Are you kidding me? That's just ridiculous. There are so many other and far more legitimate reasons why someone would be unable to see the movie in theaters. Maybe the movie wasn't playing near where they lived, maybe they couldn't see it due to scheduling conflicts, or maybe they were simply broke at the time and couldn't afford going to the movies. But, no, instead, The Cartoon Hero decides to make a Mistaken for Pedophile joke. Again, that's just immature.
- Xavior The Savior: While BrainScratch Commentaries is a great LP group, there is a moment in their videos that I despise, and it involves The Scrappy herself, Amanda. In Part 11 of their Pokemon Leaf Green playthrough, Johnny cancels his Charmeleon's evolution into a Charizard just to see how the others would react. This is listed on their Crowning Moment of Funny page and would be one for me, except it is immediately ruined by Amanda repeatedly shouting "WHY?!" in an increasingly shrill voice despite the fact that Johnny just told them why he did it. It's so unfunny and annoying, it sucks the funny out of what would otherwise be one of Johnny's most glorious moments.
- Sam Max: Are DeviantArt text based examples allowed? If so, I'd like to nominate this abomination of a complaint. Basically, it's him complaining about the Mega Man comics from Archie, and doing a terrible job at it. Now, I can accept opinions different from mine... as long as they are at least factually correct. He complains about it being similar to Archie's Sonic. There are similarities in there, true, but the differences outweigh the similarities, but one can see the similarities, so it's not the worst. However, he seems to think that the OCs in the comic steal focus away from the game characters. Now, it's true that there are stories that have focus on the OCs, but the game characters get a lot of focus as well. In fact, the stories with the game characters as the main focus outweigh the stories that focus on the OCs. Plus, he claims blatant disregard for the source material. If he bothered to read the comic like he claimed to have, he'd find that the comic is, for the most part, actually pretty faithful to the games. Sure, not 100% so, but still. Not to mention that he seems to think anyone who likes the comics are idiots. I never heard of this fellow before this, but let's just say that he lost a potential watcher.
- RAZ: I'm a bit more familiar with this artist due to some webcomics he's made in the past, and he just so happened to recently put up a "poll" regarding Disney's upcoming film Frozen and I say "poll" because the options are more or less an excuse for him to complain about 1, how the film "looks like utter shit" and 2, that anyone who does want to see it should be punched in the face. Look, I understand that not everything is going to look appeasing to everyone, but in his mouthing off on how horrible it'll be this guy comes off as nothing but a whiny little obnoxious Man Child. Count me in for someone who's definitely not going to be watching this jerk.
- ldelavina3: It's no secret that every web animation series has its rough times, small or big. Sonic Shorts is no exception, which brings us to their DMoS to me. The "How To Create Your Own Sonic Fan Character" bit from Volume 6. It pretty much implies that everyone who has made a fan character as lazy, unoriginal people. I know that there are a lot of poorly-made fan characters, but this just feels like a giant middle finger to fan character creators and an unfunny one at that.
- Dokemon Studios: Now, I enjoy Sonic Shorts, and there's always at least one or two shorts that would make me laugh a lot even in the weaker episodes. But the last short in Volume 3 just left a bad taste in my mouth, specifically the ending where after Froggy leaves Big the Cat, Big hangs himself with his own fishing rod! Disregarding the fact that the string or that tree branch would break, due to Big's weight, it's actually more horrifying than the Tails doll shorts! Seriously, I know people don't like Big, and neither do I, but that ending was just unnecessary, and mean spirited, and can just be easily cut out.
- Psycho Gecko: Mr. Deity and the Magic Hat was a major DMoS for me. I enjoyed the main portion, but Mr. Deity has what he calls a "Begging Segment" after the main video where he normally asks for money or for people to subscribe. This time around, he commented on recent allegations that his close friend Michael Shermer had taken advantage of women without their consent, which included mention of him constantly refilling a woman's wine glass and making it difficult for her to realize just how much she's drunk. If he'd just said that the man was his friend and he didn't personally believe the charges and all that, it would have been fine. Instead, he claims that it's all a woman's fault if she gets drunk and that anonymous claims of rape are the equivalent to Joseph Smith's ridiculous story about the golden plates. This is a guy who'll fully support looking into rape claims about the Roman Catholic Church by people protecting their anonymity from an important, rich, international church, but the moment someone accuses his buddy of it, suddenly those are completely unbelievable. Oh, and while he's at it, he wants you to please subscribe and/or send money, so all this rape stuff is a good way for him to make money while we're at it. I was already iffy about him because of how he'd made fun of efforts to combat sexism that lead to a woman receiving rape threats, but this was just too much.
- Model Omega: ProJared's Nuzlocke Challenge is definitely full of drama, but in his Pokemon Y Blind Nuzlocke he seemed to literally fall asleep at the wheel while battling Grant's Tyrunt. He literally let Chinlo the Quilladin die while fighting, even after he saw that his speed was lowered to the point that the Tyrunt was outspeeding him, even after he had 22 Hp left, even after outright stating that Weplus the Cubone could beat the Tyrunt no problem. But kept Chinlo in regardless and surprise! He died!! And the worst part was that he didn't seem to care at all, the sombre music that typically accompanies deaths was gone, and he has never mentioned Chinlo since. Which leads me and many others to wonder if he did that just for drama.
- Samuel: I am never a fan of Creepy Pasta in my honest opinion. It either never appeals to me or certain stories are Nightmare Retardant. The only fiction I actually did find enjoyable is Marble Hornets due to its realism. However, and I might get some flak for this, the one pasta that really rubbed me the wrong way is Jeff The Killer, which I find his image quite amusing. Anyway, I'd like to go ahead and add a certain moment. Young Jeff is now horribly disfigured, but he thinks that his "new image" fits his personality. When acting strange, his mother asks the doctor if he is crazy. The doctor says that it's only natural for patients to act that way as a result of painkillers. Excuse me? Baking powder? A patient acts very morbid, and yet the doctor suggests that's okay. For the sake of safety, when a patient like Jeff acts as such, leave him in the hospital! That is one of the worst moments I have ever read.
- fluffything: I can sometimes look past unpopular opinions on things so long as said opinions have valid arguments to back them up and the person making said opinion doesn't sound like a whiny pompous child. Confused Matthew failed at both miserably during what I consider to be the DMOS of his web series. That, of course, being his "Mel Brooks sucks" rant in his The Producers review. The problem isn't that he doesn't like Mel Brooks (That's his opinion). The problem is his reasoning why he doesn't like Mel Brooks. Basically, it's a several minute-long tirade about how it's all "fart and dick jokes" and how all it's "exactly like a Seltzer and Friedberg film". Um, no, no it's not. Yes, Mr. Brooks' jokes are low-brow, but he put effort into them rather than just making pointless references or having someone shout "You get the sexual humor now!?". Not to mention Confused Matthew rambling about how the only reason why Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein were so good was because they were the brainchild of other people (IE: Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor) rather than Brooks. It was so mean spirited that I pretty much stopped watching the video after that. Matthew, if you're going to criticize someone's comedic talents (or lack therof), why not criticize how they tell the joke, how well they can make a humorous observation, the timing, how well the actors can carry a joke, and every other thing that matters in making a comedy film rather than unfairly compare a critically acclaimed comedic director to the guys who made Disaster Movie. Not to mention the major Critical Research Failure when he states that the remake (which is the version he's reviewing) is a bastardization of the original film. Hey, Matthew? You know who directed the original version of the film? Mel Brooks!
- hydrix: I was and am still a fan of the Jimquisition, but there is one moment in the episode "you're playing the game wrong" that I do not like. For the most part the episode is pretty good actually. He spends talking about the fact that it is realy stupid of a game creator to force you play the game like how he feels like it and it is pretty nice for the most part... until he starts countering the potential argument that the creators might have that is: "I put 4 or 5 years into this game. It's my baby.". To which he replied: "But like the mother of a down syndrome kid only you are finding it beautiful and you can't expect everyone else to applaud and clap because it can't put its fingers out of its asshole.". Not only is a massive Critical Research Failure, but it's also one of the most racist things I ever heard on the internet.
- Bengson26: ScrewAttack's Top 5 Free-To-Play Game has this moment. Here, Nick says that in Team Fortress 2 (I'm really talking about TF2 a lot here, huh?), weapons with real advantages are locked behind a paywall. This just reeks with Critical Research Failure. First off, while admittedly there is a massive market for weapons in TF2, you could get weapons at random via a drop system. Second, none of the weapons have real advantages since they're sidegrades. Screwattack, there's a rule whenever you make Top 10 lists. It's called do your fucking research!
- Bengson26: Being a free-to-play Team Fortress 2 player, there's this part of an already terrible list on why the game sucks. Here, the author proceeds to tell F2Ps to go play on a modded server and (the following is quoted exactly as written) "leave to good servers up and running for the people who doesn't wear gibuses or mercenary badge". Maybe it's just me, but I fucking hate people who stereotype F2Ps as always being equipped with said items. Also, are you assuming that all F2Ps are unskilled? I've seen many free-to-plays do very well against other players. Also, as a side note, the author isn't that fond of criticism.
- Bengson26: Despite my previous entries on this page, I can at least stomach them, but the following is one that is so bad, I literally felt the bile rising from my stomach at this moment. This fucking guy going by the name of VeryInvalid, while in the middle of his Mega Man 9 "review", he throws an insult to the people fighting in Iraq saying he doesn't care about them and that they can't punch their way through a wet paper bag. That's was it. That's where I actually felt genuinely pissed off. You are going to bring up the thousands of lives lost in the War Of Terror just to try to get a laugh? Despite being Filipino-Singaporean, I can at least appreciate what the soldiers are doing for their country. Hell, TBONE2004 mentions he lost friends in not just Iraq, but in Afghanistan. Get your head out of your ass, VeryInvalid! (EDIT: Since my posting of this moment, I've heard that several people have claims that this was supposed to be a parody of poorly-made game reviews. Now with that mindset, I say that I hate this fucking video more than ever!! Seriously, this is the lowest form of parody that not even Seltzer and Friedberg would touch.)
- hydrix: I was the one who put the Megaman9 review of veryinvalid on the (now defunct) Web Video section of the So Bad Its Horrible page but I did it with a completely different main moment in mind. What I found to be the suckiest thing he has done in the review is the fact that he said at the near end that he hated Rockman and Megaman2 and only had "nogilistic" (he meant nostalgic) memories of it. This is because he said that he was a huge fan of Rockman and Megaman2 at the beginning of the video and thus therefore comes out as a complete Hypocrite.
- Dinner101: I agree, what this guy said about the soldiers fighting in Iraq is not funny! Those soldiers are risking their lives fighting for freedom, plus many of those soldiers have families that they might never see again if they die. Throwing an insult to those brave fellows just to get a laugh is an absolutely cruel thing to do and anybody thinking that it would be okay should really think about the consequences before doing it.
- FromtheWordsofBR: According to some people, this video is supposedly a "parody" of video game reviewers. Too bad it completely sucks at being one, because it implies that all video game reviewers make immature potshots at soldiers and contradict themselves to the point of insanity.
- Bengson26: Despite the inane nature of his videos, I actually see makemebad35 as a rather hilarious YouTuber. That said, there's a line that needs to be drawn, which bring us to the ending of "The Pants Monster". Here, after telling the story, a woman appears and asks Damian and Kyle to help her with something. Seems normal, doesn't it? Well, that changed when the pair realises that she's out of the kitchen and that they should burn her. Now, jokes about women being in the kitchen is nothing new, but suggesting they should burn her for being anywhere outside the kitchen sends the wrong message.
- Rondomi: Tipping a Sacred Cow here. Chuggaaconroy is a good Let's player in my opinion, but from a critical perspective, when one takes into account what a Let's Play is, his Okami finale was horrible. I understand the prospect of silence during serious and/or awesome moments, but, with the exception of a subjectively narmy line, he was silent during the final phase of the final boss, ergo gameplay. No opinions on the design, no tips on how to beat him, just emptyness. The nail in the coffin, however, is that when one goes to YouTube and types in "Okami Final Boss and Ending", they are likely to get virtually the exact same video: a man recording footage of said final boss and ending and nothing more. For what is considered by many to be the definitive Let's Player, this kind of crap should not be the kind he can get away with.
- TomPhanto: Chuggaaconroy is one of the most iconic Let's Players. I won't deny that, since he's the one who made me like the genre. But I hate when he pads out the episode with him trying to figure something out, or with multiple failed attempts at a boss or minigame. I especially didn't like Episode 29 of his Majora's Mask playthrough. Why? It's just 12 minutes of him doing the dog race minigame. He just shows all his failed attempts instead of showing his winning attempt and maybe one failed attempt. In my opinion, it just stalls the playthrough to the point where it's just boring. Nobody wants to see someone doing the same thing over and over for a whole video, unless it's relevant to the game.
- Bengson26: I'm stepping into unknown territory for this. Ranter undertakerfreak1127 is a little cranky recently. Fellow ranter PMRants (aka Phil Mason) has posted a video criticising Professional Wrestling. UTF, being a huge-ass wrestling fan, responded back at Phil: "Eh. Typical "wrestling sucks" video. You watch maybe two minutes of pro wrestling a week, if that, and you make the determination that the theatrics are poor. Just because some guys are worse on the mic than others doesn't mean the theatrics suck as a whole." Maybe it's just me, but this sounds less like a respectable ranter and more of a whiny wrestling fanboy. What's worse (from what I can tell), he removed some replies calling out for this. To quote myself replying to him: "Typical UTF. You know, for a person with a channel that has a large amount of bashing of wrestling (the irony), video games, music and society as a whole, he can't take what he dishes out."
- TomPhanto: For me, it's a small part of his Worst People of 2014 video where he talks about some really horrible people and why he feels they belong on the list. He then gets to Justin Bieber and instead of talking about him, it's just an eight second clip where he sings "Baby" as a joke and looks at the camera in surprise. He doesn't even explain why he thinks he should be on the list. My issue is that I don't consider UTF to be someone who makes overused jokes, but it just disappoints anyone hoping to see why he felt Bieber was a bad influence for the year. I never liked Justin Bieber, but to me, it just felt like an excuse to poke fun at him for a cheap laugh, which at this point is so overdone it's unfunny. I just consider it a time waster and I know UTF is better than that.
- Heavy Metal Snail: I never was a big fan of Anthony Fantano's The Needle Drop videos but what really caused my opinion of him to completely sour was his "Anthony Fantano Is a Regular Guy" video. The video begins with him reading an email from someone who insults him saying that he doesn't take his opinion seriously because he's "just a regular guy." What follows is straight up ego stroking where Fantano rattles off how his "opinion is respected by musicians and critics" and rattling off so much impressive statistics in the most arrogant manner possible. While some may call it him defending himself, the fact that he made a five minute video responding to hate mail (something that every online reviewer ever has probably had to deal with) and decided to "defend himself" in such a self congratulatory makes him come across as incredibly vain. Even worse is, later in the video, he passive aggressively rails on the person who sent him the mail, and by extension anybody else who doesn't take his opinion seriously, sarcastically referring to him as a "unique little snowflake who can see everything that my fans don't see" essentially condescendingly talking down anybody who dislikes his reviews. Considering that I don't take him all that seriously as a reviewer, I found this video to be one of the worst videos posted by any reviewer simply for the sheer amount of blatant ego stroking passing as a defense.
- Co Cage: I would like to present Review Tech USA’s response to If You're Over 30 And You Still Love Nintendo, You're Weird. Basically, the "controversy" is about a YouTube user named Yoshiller at E3, whom was interviewed by a news crew. The big deal was that he wore a Yoshi hat while interviewed, and other gamers grew a big fuss that he was invoking a bad stereotype. The problem is Rich goes on this rant about projecting stereotypes and being exclusive is wrong, while going on to call Yoshiller man-child and singled him out based on exaggerated rumors and speculations. Okay Rich, screw you on this, because you don’t know dick about the guy. I saw the guy’s E3 videos, and he looked and acted fine; perfectly composed. He was just doing his thing and showing support for a company he likes. He never acted like a jerk or an immature brat. So let me get this straight: gamers can’t wear or show any support to a video game/video game company they love publicly, but it’s okay for people who like TV shows or movies to do the same. Congratulations dumb-ass, you now just became the thing you hated and jumped on the bandwagon like most news sites. Also, Yoshiller responded in the comments section of the video, and makes a comment not meaning to offend anyone and says that he [[Yoshiller]] still supports his own actions, and rightfully calls out on Rich and others for being ousted. What’s worse is that Rich never responds back nor apologizes about his big research failure (which he usually does when wrong or mistaken). I never agreed with everything Rich said, but I at least respected him, and gave his views food for thought. After an incident like this, I can say he lost a subscriber.
- Maths Angelic Version: You might know that I don't think too highly of Tangled, so it might not surprise you that I'm not thrilled about What Culture's article "10 Reasons Frozen Is Definitely NOT Disney’s Best Animated Movie This Decade", which should've had the more honest title "10 Reasons I Think Tangled Kicks Frozen's Ass".
Actually, most of the reasons aren't bad and the author has some good points even though I disagree with them. However, reason #2, "Elsa Is Kind Of A B*TCH" just stinks. It uses Blatant Lies and deliberately misleading half-truths to make Elsa look bad. Well, either that or we have a case of Critical Research Failure. The author claims that Elsa "was so wrapped up in her own problem she didn’t even notice she was damning an entire kingdom", even though it's obvious from watching the movie that Elsa at that point has no reason to believe her powers can have such devastating effects. He claims that Elsa doesn't even bother to try to thaw the kingdom, but fails to take into account that she has no idea how to do it and that returning to Arendelle would probably just make everything worse. He claims that Elsa shuts Anna out because she doesn't give a damn about her, when the film clearly shows that Elsa cares for Anna and is forced to shut her out to keep her from getting hurt. He also makes it sound like Elsa intentionally freezes Anna's heart, even though Elsa doesn't (it happened while she was not thinking straight) and is clearly horrified when she sees what has happened.
He also complains about Elsa creating Marshmallow to throw Anna and Kristoff out in the snow "where it's very likely they could freeze to death", but Elsa thinks letting them stay in the castle is dangerous. If Anna and Kristoff are to reach a safe place in time, they had better hurry. Anna refuses to leave, so Elsa needs to pressure her. Seriously, what else could Elsa have done? Let Anna stay in the ice castle until she dies? Escort Anna and Kristoff to Arendelle and have her powers cause even more problems? Maybe Elsa could have made them leave in some other way, but she was in distress and not thinking clearly. We should keep in mind that Elsa's decisions are suboptimal, but they're understandable because the trauma she's been through influenced them. The author is basically bashing Elsa for daring to be affected by her troubled past, as opposed to his beloved Rapunzel, who behaves like a sheltered kid who fears the unknown, and not the child abuse victim she's supposed to be. Rapunzel does make some idiotic decisions too note , but they 1: can't be explained by Gothel's abusenote and 2: are usually portrayed positively.note Elsa's bad decisions are portrayed as bad. See my DMoS entry for Tangled for the worst example of Rapunzel's stupidity.
Seriously, Pete Thornton? You've already used one reason to gush about Rapunzel and complain about Anna. We get it. You think Tangled has better main characters. You don't need to lie and daemonize Elsa.
- Bengson26: I try my best not to be a Bias Steamroller on this page (I'm already accused of one in my now-deleted entry for Gametrailers.com as ldelavina3. God, I'm an idiot). With that said, YouTube user CJ Storm has this lovely gem of a video on why PC Gaming sucks. There are many moments that could be put on here: The lack of elaboration. The obvious bias-ridden claims in the favor of Sony and Microsoft. The terrible Un Evil Laugh filled with Narm. The list goes on. But the fatal DMOS comes from the Critical Research Failure in the part about the deals of games claiming that PC gaming does not have any deals making the games free. This can proven false as the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2, which is usually $20 SGD, was offered for free on December 25/26 2013 (this video was posted after that deal). Fuck. This. Video.
- eneuman96: Maddox's article "Math doesn't suck, you do." Though I'm not normally a fan of Maddox's writing, I can at least respect his more intelligent arguments. This, on the other hand, is pure garbage. Firstly, he says that math is "exactly like cooking: just follow the recipe." Uh, no. If that were the case, famous chefs everywhere would have aced calculus. Even if both are based on following instructions, it's very possible that one may find one of those things less interesting than the other. He then goes on to imply that textbooks teach you everything about math you need to know for your classes, ergo it should be easy. Clearly he didn't go to the schools I or a large number of other students went to. After rambling some factoids that have little to do with his argument, he uses a strawman point of view which happens to be easy for him to deride: "When will I ever use math in life?" Firstly, nobody says that; people specifically refer to algebra, geometry, calculus and the like, because it's a hugely valid observation that many jobs do not require such advanced concepts. He patronizingly points out that every job DOES involve using math...forgetting to mention that it's simple arithmetic a good deal of the time, which nobody doubts in the first place. Finally, he continues rambling about how math has been important to the advancement of civilization, which is once again something we already have been fully aware of since elementary school. Maddox, sucking at math doesn't automatically make you an idiot, because not everyone's brain is as skilled in problem solving as they are in other methods of thinking, and there's only so much that education can do to remedy that. Long story short, it's one of Maddox's shittiest and most misguided arguments for anything ever. It's possible that in some places he's exaggerating the reader's stupidity for the purpose of his Viewers Are Morons schtick, but a lot of the article comes off as the actual man behind the Maddox personality talking, and thus there's no excuse for how poorly the article is thought out.
- eneuman96 Since I can't just call Racist Mario a Dethroning Animated Short of Suck and call it a day, I'll try to break down the points as to why it's utterly terrible. Let's see...the unfunny shoehorned reference to The Phantom Menace and the shoehorned Pokémon rape joke...thing that both come right the fuck out of nowhere. The unfunny random disgusting violence that has no point at all (it doesn't even manage to be Bloody Hilarious either; it's just more gross and a bad attempt to shock than anything). The unfunny lack of any real jokes. It certainly doesn't help that making a violent Mario spoof in this day and age is like beating a dead horse. Oh, and the fact that it blatantly displays censored nudity in its thumbnail as a cheap clickbait tactic, which is almost certainly the reason it got so many views. One last thing: how is Mario racist anyway? Given that he tries to kill literally everyone on the track and not just the non-Nintendo characters, Genocidal Mario would be a far more fitting title. Hell, the title sounds like it could have been about Mario becoming bitter and prejudiced towards non-Nintendo characters over the years for stealing his thunder instead of just a batshit insane psychopath in a kart, which would have made a far better short than this abomination. (EDIT: Looking back at this, I just realized that the "Racist" in the title is probably a pun on the fact that the characters are initially racing each other. Still doesn't change my opinion on everything else, though)
- Why Not Now: While I enjoy SF Debris's reviews and all the good points he brings up, there was still one instance that stuck with me for a very long time which almost threatened to destroy the show for me; when he says in his Angel One review how he was asked once if working with women made him feel uncomfortable and he said nothing because he thought it was stupid. That right there reveals his mindset and made me very uncomfortable; that it's almost like he can't grasp the fact that women are an oppressed group in the United States. But it doesn't end there when he goes on to say how he burst out at them, which he rather insensitively and smugly affirms they appreciated, which actually made me feel a little dirty inside because it's as though he was saying he was fully justified in being cruel to an actually oppressed group since it's treating them "equally" and that they don't have a legitimate reason to feel that way with all the sexism and anti-woman policies present in the United States today. And from all he's said over the years, it turns out I'm not the only one to come to this (hopefully mistaken) conclusion as he has had to repeatedly protest over and over again that he doesn't have a problem with women, which I really hope is true, but given his track record so far, it's very hard to believe especially because he's even admitted he's a shallow and insensitive asshole. At least he's gotten better with time and has nowhere near come even close to approaching that level of offensiveness since then.
- Ferigeras: I have enjoyed CuteFuzzyWeasel for a long time, I watched virtually every single one of his Feeding The Trolls episodes, but I thought that from Season 3 onward a lot of his episodes would slowly stop being humorous, and he would become much more dickish to the trolls he feeds in a way that makes him look no better than those trolls to me. By far the worst offender to me was his second episode on Monica Punk (the first one was horrible too, but not as much as this one). Basically, all went normal as usual, and there were some funny jokes here and there, but then at one point Monica would shout out something like "if you don't smoke, you can stay the fuck away from me!", and then CuteFuzzyWeasel stated multiple other reasons to stay away from her, which were mostly offensive anyway, but one of the reasons really stood out, which was "the fact that she's a chronic underachiever"... This drove me up a fucking wall. I mean who in the fuck would ever say something like that with a straight face?! Not only that, but he said it in the most shameless and smug way possible. The thing is, this one single line quickly angered me in so many ways ... I mean fuck, is it really anyone's business on what another person is doing with his life? And what even is his definition of "achieving something"?! Hell, I don't care if you're even a lazy slob or something, no one has the right to be judgded just because of their goddamn lifestyle. All other reasons calling out Monica's general behavior on the Internet are definitely justified, but that reason he stated has the potential to offend anyone for that matter, I mean what human being would stay away from someone just because he didn't achieve something?! And I don't care if it was just done for humor, it was fucking horrible. And that just marked his lowest point in the series for me. I still watch his videos a lot, but it is clearly noticeable that his newer Feeding the Trolls episodes would stop being fun and cathartic and he would be using personal insults like that to the supposed "trolls" here. In the end, who's the actual troll here, Weasel?
- Ferigeras: Whether or not this kind of example is allowed here, I have a DMoS in the form of a "meme" uploaded on a site called Meme Center. It's exactly the kind of site you would expect it to be, but despite it's simple appearance I absolutely despised it for the longest time in more ways than just one (However, it would take too long for me to explain why that is). My breaking point however is this "Meme" (It can loosely be called one) that depicts a woman sitting next to a pilot, and the pilot is distracted by her... "assets". Guess where the plane crashes... Yeah. Hell, this says a lot consideringthat I don't really care about jokes involving tragedies, but it's just that this one is so bland, tasteless and retarded, and it made it to the featured page (Then again, this site's admins always feature all the dumb and redundant shit they find funny). It definitely wasn't even the least bit funny to make up for the subject matter it was shamelessly parodying. In fact, yours truly has called out the uploader for this tasteless "joke", and well... guess who got rained with downvotes and got called butthurt because of that...? I have since decided to leave this shithole for eternity. Seriously, fuck that site to hell.
- InTheGallbladder: I gave up on The Hardcore Kid completely moments into his review of Where the Dead Go to Die. He made too many factual errors in too short a span of time. He says the whole thing was mocapped with a Kinect, even though that only applies to The Masks That The Monsters Wear, the final short in the anthology. He brings up the director's work as a speedcore musician as an example of his film work, even though the two aren't directly related. Then finally, he decries the quality of the beats and lyrics in the OST, citing Passenger of Shit's song "Wanking Shit For Life" as an example. The song is not part of the soundtrack, nor is any other speedcore song. Furthermore, Passenger Of Shit never contributed any music to the anthology--all he did was send the director voice recordings. Also, the OST is entirely instrumental.note Even if The Hardcore Kid didn't somehow draw the conclusion that Passenger Of Shit helped score the film just because his name was in the credits, the point stands that the song isn't credited to him, implying that he mistook Passenger Of Shit's work with the director's, even though all they have in common is a genre. This was severely unprofessional at best. At worst, it's a solid argument against his career as an online reviewer.
- FromtheWordsofBR: The only reason why I read the Watchdog blog from the Parents Television Council is to see what hilarious overreaction of the day they have. I hate them, but they've never particularly ticked me off...until now. My breaking point was their "review" of iZombie. I could already point out several things wrong with this review (such as them calling Liv eating ramen with sprinkled brains "sickening" when the show does a good job at making it not as nausea-inducing as it should be, and claiming that it tries to "lure in" audiences with "faux-Veronica Mars/Buffy the Vampire Slayer-style dialogue". Gee, maybe it's because the people behind iZombie are the same ones behind Veronica Mars?!?!), but the thing that ticked me off the most was a passage that says "Genre fans claim to watch programs like The Walking Dead and iZombie for the dramatic plots, the quality of the characterization and dialogue, even the humor. Assuming they’re telling the truth and aren’t just turned on by gore..." That's right, they're essentially calling anybody who dare enjoys The Walking Dead and iZombie people with fetishes for gore. That is far more sickening than Liv eating ramen-brains will ever be. Saying things like that only makes you look far more immature than the shows you protest. Also, I know that they've "counteracted" this "claim" several times before, but this demonstrates that they don't know how to use a remote control—just turn the show off if you don't like it, instead of trying to shut it down for people who actually enjoy it for legitimate reasons. And if you don't want to "be forced to pay" for shows you don't like, then you should probably just cut the cord and watch what you want to watch online instead of whining about it. And they wonder why the creator of Sons of Anarchy hates them so much.
- TSF: Before season 4 of My Little Pony Friendshipis Magic , I used to enjoy Digibrony's (or Digibro) content relating to the show. His reviews and analysis were, for the most part, fair. He thinks the episode "Magical Mystery Cure" is good,to the point where he calls it his favorite episode of the entire series— he thinks Double Rainboom is a fantastic piece of fan work. Both opinions of which I respectively disagree. I don't think that episode was that good nor "Double Rainboom", but I could see why he likes those episodes. Now, there's a reason why I said "before season 4". And that's because after his review on the first episode of that season "Princess Twilight Sparkle", he took a big nosedive in terms of fairness and quality. Much like Brony Curious (or...pfft, Tommy Oliver), who is another member of the brony analysis community who I'm disappointed with, Digi became more pessimistic towards the episodes he reviewed, focusing more on critique rather than enjoyment. It's okay to critique something,yes, but you have to decide whether you enjoy it or not so you won't end up like a Caustic Critic. One example of his downhill descent is in his semi-collaboration with Tommy Oliver's "Equestria Games" review, where one of their major criticisms,if not the major, is that it focused more on Spike instead of the actual Equestria Games. And admittedly, while I consider Tommy to be not as bad as Digi, I expected better from him. Wouldn't it be okay to just say whether or not you actually enjoy Spike's conflict instead of complaining that the episode didn't focus on the games? BUT...the video that made me done with him was his "Twilight's Kingdom" review, where he bashed the song "You'll Play Your Part" because it didn't have any purpose (which,by the way, it had a clear point) and called it the worst song of the entire show. And he also bashed the new design of Twilight's home, the castle, calling it visually unpleasing, empty, and a poor replacement for Twilight's "iconic" treehouse...saying this without giving it a decent chance. I believe this is one of the main reasons why he stopped watching the show. There are other reasons why I hated that review, but those two stand out for me. Now I like anime, but the reason why I won't watch his current anime reviews and analysis (which ironically, are better) is because I can't watch them without scoffing and feeling underwhelmed after that review. He believes the show is going downhill after season 4, I believe the contrary, dear Digibro. In fact, I believe you made it down the hill. UNSUBSCRIBED!
- Bengson26: I really like Some Call Me Johnny's reviews. They manage to be informative and entertaining at the same time. However, the DMOS comes in during his Pokémon Gold and Silver review, although it comes from his guest reviewer, Ryan. When questioning some of the evolution methods, Ryan takes a potshot at Pokémon Diamond and Pearl for using trade evolutions. This wouldn't be a problem except that trade evolutions existed since the beginning of the series! To rub salt on the wound, this is said when the Porygon line is shown on-screen which got its first trade evolution in the very generation they're reviewing. Do I even need to say Critical Research Failure?
- fluffything: Normally, I like Markiplier . He seems like a pretty cool and nice guy most of the time. Which makes the following DMOS all the worse. For me, his worst moment was during his charity LP in May in which he played Yoshi's Island with Wade and Stone-Faced Tyler. During the playthrough, they answered questions from fans. One of which was "What is your favorite Pokemon?" and Mark stating he didn't like Pokemon. Now, him not being a fan of the series isn't the problem. He's entitled to his opinion. The DMOS part is that he acted like a total douche about it. For one thing, he snarked that all Pokemon games are essentially the same. Not only is this innacurate, since Pokemon games do have some degree of variety to them (Many games have features only exclusive to that particular version), but it's also hypocritical. Many games follow some sort of formula in terms of gameplay, meaning one could argue that the various sequels spin-offs and fan-games of Five Nights At Freddy's Mark has played are essentially "the same game". Second, he took the whole "If you could choose between ending world hunger and making Pokemon real, which starter would you choose?" meme seriously. He does realize that's a joke, right? Apparently not, since he then remarks about how horrible the world would be if Pokemon actually existed. Because, ya know, pointing out the horrible aspects of a childhood fantasy is soooo mature. But, the worst example of his douchiness is how he acts like Pokemon fans are idiots for getting excited for any upcoming games (Again, tying into the whole "it's the same" hypocritical argument mentioned beforehand). It's hypocritical since Mark has gushed over various games in the past as well. The whole thing just comes off as immature, rude, and utterly hypocritical. Again, if Mark doesn't like the Pokemon games, fine. However, he could've handled answering that fan's question in a nicer manner than being a total dick about it.
- fluffything: I enjoy watching LPs on PBG Gaming on youtube. Not all of them are gems, but they're still enjoyable. That is, until "Part 32" of his Nuzlocke Challenge for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Good lord, what a trian wreck. For one thing, he spends several minutes of the video consistently pointing out how he needs to level up his Pokemon to fight Kyogre (Which, I might add, he constantly mispronounces as "Kee-Oh-Gray" instead of "Kai-Oh-Gur") only to jump cut to his Pokemon already leveled up. I know it's boring to watch people level grind in video games. But, then, why make such a big deal about having to level up if there's just going to be a jump cut anyway? All it does is waste the viewer's time. Then, after he levels up, he goes to face off against Kyogre. Does he attempt to capture it? Nope. Instead, he just immediately makes it faint and treats it like a victory. Now, before anyone points out that maybe PBG is just doing a "No Legendaries" run, I'd like to remind everyone of something. One of his main Pokemon is Lawfanda. Lawfanda is a Latias. Latias is, you guessed it, a Legendary. Plus, PBG had a Master Ball at the time, so he could've easily caught Kyogre without any hassle. He essentially could've easily captured a very powerful and useful Pokemon but instead made it faint for no good reason. So, to summarize, the video was essentially just one big waste of time.
- Keshkable: I know Channel Awesome has fallen in quality this past year, but my moment comes from Brad (of all people) Jones' Midnight Screening of Jurassic World, it starts out of all right with Brad and Sarah talking about how they didn't like the film, and Julian saying it wasn't a great film but still enjoyable, the moment comes when Brad and Sarah claims that Chris Pratt's character and the screenwriters are misogynist/sexist and hate women because of how Pratt said one line. Now it's a stretch, but I could understand if they left it as the character was sexist or even the director for not having Pratt say the line again, but their claim that the screenwriters hate women because of how poorly Chris said his lines is flat out inexcusable and sounds like something that you'd find on Buzzfeed (which actually did write an article on how the same movie was sexist right before this midnight screenings came out), it didn't like anything they would have usually says and if they didn't the movie just say so, don't make up stuff about the creators being an "ism" or "they hate ______ people". Seriously Brad, the reason people who usually hate Channel Awesome producers and click bait sites (like you and your shows) is because you don't go into pointless rants about unrelated issues (especially not identity politics) in the middle of your videos.
- Potato Patato: Feminist Frequency has really crossed a line for me here. We all know how much she dislikes violent games such as the upcoming Fallout 4 and Doom 4, and that she probably won't be playing them. Great, I don't agree with her opinions, but more power to her for at least being open and honest about it. Then you get to her comments on Fallout Shelter, a cartoony spin off game built around (literally) making a vault and filling it with happy and successful dwellers.
The violence is toned down and the game is much more lighthearted, yet she still has a complaint. Specifically, she dislikes the way pregnant women are treated, saying that they act hysterical and do things like run away from danger and refuse to use weapons like the other dwellers. Um, Anita? You do realize that you can't kill babies or children in this series right? The pregnant women aren't being hysterical, they are showing common sense by avoiding situations where their unborn child would be in danger. What exactly do you expect here, pregnant woman joining in against raider attacks and firing high powered guns in their condition?
While the game does encourage increasing the vault population through pregnancy, it never forces all of the women to be pregnant at once and fully allows women to take on the same roles as men, be it fighting and exploring the wasteland or working on maintaining the vault. Fallout is one of the least discriminatory games on the market and its become clear that Anita is just looking for things to complain about to cause controversy. When Fallout Shelter toned down the violence of the main series she just found something else to complain about. Not liking the games is certainly a fair opinion, but taking the time to actively get offended by mechanics that have been in the series for years now is just attention whoring. Get a life Anita.
- Insert Clever Name Here: As much as I enjoy Caddicarus the ending to his Bratz review was just terrible. Basically, he goes to his girlfriend's house in rage and shoots one of her children!! There was no buildup, it came off as ridiculously unfunny and gruesome, and it made Caddy look like a complete psychopathic monster. And if that wasn't enough, he forcefully makes the other two daughters bury the game up and they act as if nothing happened! There's Crossing the Line Twice, and then there's just crossing the line once.
- Frnmmma25: I disliked TheOnion 's video about North Korea. It said that the U.S. is just like North Korea. Come on, we're fucked up in a lot of ways, but we don't have concentration camps! My brother said that he expected something better, that it wasn't even funny, and that they really are straying from what they were established to be.
- Falconwing: Red vs. Blue Season 13, episode 20. Three whole seasons of buildup. Twenty episodes of speculation, and they end with... a cliffhanger. Maybe for a lesser web series, this would be passable, but I expected better from Rooster Teeth. This ending felt like they literally spit in my face.
- Insert Clever Name Here: ABrandonToThePast's 50 Things Wrong With The Pokemon Anime list is definitely one for this troper not only because of just how much nitpicking and Critical Research Failure there are, but also forgetting that the anime is intended for kids way below his age. But the worst moment has to be number 37, in that the characters wear the same clothes everyday. Not only is that just plain wrong (The main girls have worn a ton of different outfits), but it's probably the laziest choice for a list that I've ever seen in my life, period. Seriously, Brandon? You're going to complain about how they don't change clothes? May I remind you that neither does every fictional cartoon character that's ever existed, and that you're just showing that you ran out of things to bitch about while you were working on this. He says that the anime has been getting worse over years. That's fine, but when you deliberately try and use faulty reasons that are typical upon most anime and cartoons, then congratulations, you've just lost yourself a loyal fan of yours who will not be watching your videos ever again.
- Mudapa: I've never heard about this guy named Stone Fox Media but, this one video gave me the easiest DMOS to write. In this video, he discusses the news regarding the Nintendo NX. Fair enough. But, he later switched on to say "The Wii U is Dead!", despite Nintendo still releasing games on it. But, The DMOS comes when he says the people who like the Wii U belong in a "Mental Institution." First, I love the Wii U, and choices for game consoles people like doesn't mean you should hate them. And Second, it's insulting to people in a mental hospital and fans of Nintendo in general. As soon as he said that, i kindly left the video to never see it again.Great video.
- Bengson26: TheGamerTronShow's "Top Ten Video Games I Dislike But Everyone else Likes" list is easily one of the worst lists I've ever seen (in fact, most of GamerTron's videos are pretty bad to begin with). However, since I can't put the entire list as a DMOS, the worst part has to be his #1 pick: Nintendo as a whole. Why? Because they make games exclusive to their consoles. Oh, boo hoo. A company that's still making consoles is making games to boost sales of their consoles. Microsoft and Sony surely hasn't made any games exclusive to their consoles. Also, the comparison to Capcom and Sega doesn't work since Capcom merely focuses on software other than hardware and Sega has stopped making consoles since 2001! Fuck. This. List.
- EnigmaLobo: While MangaMinx is one of the more beloved female Lets Players, her Until Dawn playthrough is rather uncomfortable to watch due to her vitriol against Ashley, having to tried to get her killed twice in a row during the Ashley vs. Josh and Ashley vs. Chris choice, and thus her fury towards Ashley for refusing to open the door to allow Chris in because of remembering that Chris attempt to sacrifice Ashley earlier to save himself, thus allowing the Wendigo to kill Chris, and calls her a psychopath. This is after spending her playthrough being unsympathetic to Ashley's plight, and trying to get her killed twice with no remorse, telling her to "shut the fuck up" when she begs for her life as she tries to shoot her. That wouldn't be a problem on its own, but her response to those who call her out on her hypocrisy? She's not only amused by their commens, but she also states that there is something wrong with you for not agreeing with her comments about calling Ashley a psychopath. It's one thing to ignore your own hypocrisy for the sake of humour, it's another thing to insult your fanbase for simply pointing it out in the first place and assuming that their idiots for not agreeing with you.
- Br3ndan5: While I enjoy most of Dorkly's videos, Mario vs the pokemon world was just horrible. The video started off with some potential. After all, it's Mario in the Pokemon world! There's no way something horrifyingly gruesome could happen, right? Unfortunately, the video started to go downhill when Mario enters a pokemon battle with a youngster. So Mario throws a pokeball and a Squirtle pops out. Then he stomps on the Squirtle and kicks the shell at the kid. Then after a time skip, it shows Mario wearing a tandooki suit he got from murdering a Pokemon! Yes, because painting Mario as a sociopath is SO original, and has never been done before! I quit watching by that point. If there's nothing funny in the video and it's just gruesome and mean spirited, why even watch it?
- Uttergenius - The Quarter Guy is easily one of my favorite youtubers. His videos tend to be funny, informative, and all-around entertaining. Unfortunately, there's no excusing this moment from his collab with Maverick Hunter Zero 75, Top Twenty Mario Kart Tracks. During the Cloudtop Cruise segment in Part 2, Ben (Maverick) takes a moment to listen to the music: it's a remix of "Gusty Garden Galaxy". He then jokes that Super Mario Galaxy 3 has been confirmed. In response, Adam (QG) vehemently shoots down this idea, claiming that the first game didn't need a sequel. This moment is painful for two reasons: 1) he comes off as belligerent for criticizing a game for simply existing, and 2) he comes off as a hypocrite since he's constantly pestering Capcom for a new Mega Man game. A pretty low moment from an otherwise awesome youtuber.
- batmany: On YouTube, there's a three-part animated "series" (in the loosest sense of the word possible) titled "Freddy's Lament" by Skylegend Animation. As one probably guessed already, it's a series of FNAF fan animations. Actually, that's not an accurate description as I found out to my utter disappointment. The videos have almost nothing to do with FNAF save for characters making what can best be described as cameo appearances. Many of them have no reason to appear other than to pander to the fanbase. And, to make matters worse, much of their appearances don't make any sense. A good example is that Springtrap makes a cameo in one video even though the whole thing is supposed to take place around 1987 (the year FNAF 2 takes place). And, while the animation is stunning (with admittedly very-creepy imagery), it does nothing to excuse the nearly incoherent plot. What is the plot of the videos? Well, from what little I could decipher out of the True Art Is Incomprehensible mess, it's the origin story of The Puppet. And, oh, boy, does it get to painful levels of pretentiousness. This videos' take on The Puppet's origin? Some random unpopular pre-teen girl is tricked into going to a party at Freddy Fazbear's, is teased because she has a crush on some guy, runs away crying, and is murdered....I guess? The plot never reveals exactly how this results in The Puppet's birth (so to speak). Either way, it's so blatant and utterly forced that it pretty much smears its proverbial feces over the subtlety of Scott Cawthon's work. Had this been some generic horror cartoon, I may've forgiven it for it's incoherent and pretentious plot. However, the fact that Skylegend Animation had the gall to drag FNAF into something this poorly done (Again, save for the animation and creepiness), causes it to go from simply forgettable to plain awful.
- Trialman: As much as I enjoy the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Extreme Randomizer Nuzlocke by TyranitarTube, I cannot defend his dismissive nature over the death of Enel the Galvantula when fighting ???'s Giratina in episode 34. At first, it begins the usual Really Dead Montage, but not even 5 seconds in, he cuts it off by showing a YouTube comment saying "Fuck Enel!" It comes off as incredibly mean-spirited, just to give one problem, but it's even worse considering how long he deliberated over who to take with him, meaning that all that time making the decision now felt pointless. It's even worse, considering that this is the Elite Four, as in he can't just pull out another one of the Pokemon he caught, which means that this death should have a bigger impact, especially as it was the first Elite Four death, but no, apparently, this death is just a cheap joke. This whole thing gave me doubts about believing in the Peeko.
- TheLemsterPju: I am by no means a recurring watcher of RebelTaxi's videos, but one of his videos I have seen had a moment which screamed unnecessary. When he covered The Modifyers in his "Top 10 Failed Animated Pilots" video, you know what one of the first things he does? Adding a scene from Zonesama's hentai video of the main character (Agent Xero) getting tentacle raped by the villain. It is quite obvious that he has a huge fascination for the parody animator, but it served no purpose to the video at all, other than an apparent promotion for Zone, and at the same time makes him come across as a bit of creep.
- Calamity2007: I never thought I would not want to watch anything that Vinesauce creator Joel would put out, but him deciding to go through with a No Mercy run in Undertale might be the first time I have to not watch one of his playthroughs. He is clearly distressed throughout the whole playthrough, having grown so attached to the characters, but going through with it to appease his Unpleasable Fanbase. While it is respectable that Joel is a man of his word, it's hard to feel much respect for him caving into the demands of the Vocal Minority of his fanbase, and souring his experience with the game as a whole.
- xxbiasonxxx: Arcade Sushi's 10 Game Franchises That Should've Stayed 2D. Now, I understand that Bubsy, Mega Man X7, Bomberman: Act Zero, Earthworm Jim 3D, and several of the Sonic the Hedgehog games were pretty bad, but really, why did they put in Neo Contra, a game that was actually surprisingly decent, into a list that consisted of bad Polygon Ceiling games, when they should have put the real bad Contra games, Legacy of War and Contra Adventure, onto the list? To top it all off, they say that Neo Contra did major damage to the Contra franchise!
- Brony Ofthe Octaves: Personally, I used to enjoy MLP-Movie reviewer Hunter Reviews (or as his channel is called HeadHunter Productions now) because he played off this review show as a part of the MLP Universe, criticizing bad movies. However, he eventually began to do a series that didn't catch my attention, but it did garner form mix opinion called "It Sucked But I Still Played It", which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. All was fine... until he pulled a complete 180 and did a video entitled: "Five Nights at Freddy's: It Sucked But I Still Played It". At first, I figured it'd be a video of him just criticizing the difficulty and just not finding it fun, similar to Hype Backlash. What was it instead? A complete Bias Steamroller criticizing the game for being popular, with Hunter giving basically a huge "FUCK YOU!" to the fanbase, Markiplier, JackSepticEye, and even Scott Cawthon! It completely felt like a big middle finger to not just fans of the game, but to Mark's Fans, Jack's fans, and even those who respect Scott. It didn't help the comment section was filled with a slew of Fan Dumb attacking each other on whether or not Hunter was in the right. It's even considered Hunter's most polarizing video, and quite honestly made some fans feel he developed a huge Small Name, Big Ego type of thing.
- Reddy Wizard: About The New had a weak but acceptable first episode which correctly presented the main characters. Instead of letting it go, they made it into a double pilot where absolutely nothing happened. The second part introduced two new characters without personality, a Bill Cipher expy and the worst Benny Hill parody you can gasp!