is a YouTuber
who has been making comedic videos since May 13, 2010. His early videos were mostly just comedy, but his videos are now usually educational, with comedy being a secondary theme.
His weekly videos are usually Top Ten lists, with monthly 50 Amazing Facts To Blow Your Mind videos.
He also has a 2nd channel, "MatthewSantoro2
", where he uploads daily vlogs, product reviews, Q&A videos, and Mail with Matt
videos where he opens mail he receives from fans.
Matthew Santoro contains examples of:
- Blatant Lies: In one video, Wheezy Waiter and Corey Vidal did a guest intro for Matt. Wheezy Waiter introduced himself as Corey Vidal, and Corey introduced himself as Wheezy Waiter.
- Canada, Eh?: Itís a Running Gag that Matt is Canadian.
- Canadian Equals Hockey Fan: He once joked that if a robber walked into a Canadian's house, the homeowner would probably offer the robber a beer and ask them to stay and watch the Toronto Maple Leafs game with them.
- Distracted by the Sexy: In a Q&A video, someone asked him who he thought the hottest female was. He said Kate Upton, and to prove it, he played a clip of Kate Upton dancing in lingerie, which he stared at for a few seconds before regaining focus.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In his video about the hacker group Anonymous, if you pause it at various points, you can see Matt wearing the Guy Fawkes mask worn by the members of Anonymous.
- Male Gaze: When asked in a Q&A video who he thought the hottest female was, Matt said Kate Upton, and to prove it, he played a clip of Kate Upton dancing in lingerie. This distracted Matt for a few seconds before he regained focus.
- Nerd: Matt's clone, Eugene.
- Nerd Glasses: Mattís nerdy clone, Eugene, wears these.
- Running Gag: Matt being bald.
- Self-Deprecation: Matt sometimes makes fun of himself for being bald, and being short.
- The Stinger: When he does this, he thanks the viewer for watching the video, tells them to subscribe if they enjoyed the content, and tells them about his other internet accounts.
- Take That: He made a video about Sarah Palin using her own made-up word "refudiate" in a Tweet, which was then recognized in the Oxford Dictionary. In the video, he said that Sarah Palin should be the last person to create a word, because she's so stupid. note
- That's What She Said: Upon getting a thick envelope in Mail with Matt #3, he said, "This is thick... this is thick! That's what she said.".
- What Are Records?: Discussed in Things I Can Tell My Grandchildren, which is about things Matt can tell his grandchildren note . One of the things Matt says he'll tell his grandchildren is that he had to use dial-up internet as a child. He then says, "Oh, you don't know what that is? Well, allow me to explain it for you!". note